Best Baby Diapers
Babies require the utmost care and protection during their growth, and the skin is very sensitive and needs special attention.
Along with baby creams and powders, baby diapers also need to be given a thought and check before using them.
Diapers available in the market are either disposable or cloth diapers. The disposable ones are convenient to use but come with a higher price than the cloth ones. The cloth ones are reusable and very pocket-friendly but come with the hassle of cleaning up.
This article provides you with information like benefits of the diapers, types of diapers for baby india, comprehensive buyers guide, and frequently asked questions to solve your queries. We have also mentioned the best diapers for babies in India products.
Top 15 Best Diapers in India
Baby Diapers Buyer’s guide
Some diapers comes with a wetness indicator that indicates when the diaper needs to be changed. This feature spares the parent from the constant worry of changing diapers for the baby.
Size is an essential factor that needs consideration when choosing a diaper. If the diaper is big, there are chances of leakage. And if the diaper is very tight, your baby might get rashes. Therefore a well-fitting diaper is necessary to keep your baby dry and comfortable.
Few brands offer diapers with fragrance, which keeps odor away. This is useful when you are traveling and changing diapers in public. However, certain scents might not suit your baby’s delicate skin, and it may irritate. You can use a fragrant diaper occasionally but keep a check on rashes and allergies.
Diapers have an extra absorbent layer on the crotch, which prevents leakage and makes the diaper durable for a more extended period. So, while purchasing a pack of diapers, check out for the additional absorbent padding too.
Diapers with stretch sides mold into the baby’s body and help to prevent leaks. Also, stretch sided diapers are more comfortable than the others. Hence, such diapers will be a better option for your baby.
Cutout for newborns
Disposable diapers of the newborn sizes have a curved front or a sticker to avoid irritation to the naval area. As the infant babies require the utmost care of their skin, make sure of the structure of the diaper being purchased for your newborn.
The type of fasteners of a diaper varies from brand to brand. Some have Velcro, or some have snap fasteners with multiple rows, or some have elastic around the waist and legs for a contoured fit. As these types are available in the market, keep a look on the type before buying a pack for your baby.
Top 15 Best Baby Diapers
1. Huggies New Born Taped Diapers
Huggies is a brand that manufactures disposable diapers since 1968. It is the most popular company for diapers all over the world, and the parent company of this is Kimberly-Clark. This is a 72 pack tape diapers sized Extra small and for children of up to 5kg.
- These diapers are clinically proven to prevent rash.
- These are cotton made diapers that make sure to keep the baby’s skin smooth and perfect.
- These diapers are designed to absorb for up to 12 hours to provide more comfort to your baby with uninterrupted sleep.
- The product quality is very decent and will not harm the skin.
- These tape diapers are super stretchy, and it won’t feel very tight on your baby. It’s comfortable and is very durable as well.
- These Huggies diapers also absorb runny poo of newborn baby and protect the baby’s skin from irritating.
- The wetness indicator will let you know by turning blue from yellow that it is time to change the diaper. This way, you won’t have to check every once in a while.
- You can adjust these diapers as many times as you want to make them tighten or loosen as per your needs.
- The diaper tape is durable and does not come off easily.
- The breathable fresh material will allow the air to circulate even after wearing it and lets your baby’s skin breathe.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Pampers Active Baby New Born Diapers
Pampers is an American brand that was founded in 1961 for baby and toddler products. The brand believes in baby’s happy and healthy development. The taped diapers by Pampers give the newborn 5-star protection.
Baby’s sensitive skin is taken care of with a touch of baby lotion. The absorbent gel material or the magic gel present in the core of Pampers Active Baby Newborn diapers is highly effective in absorbing frequent wetness. This one here is considered to be the best diapers for newborns due to its features.
- This newborn diaper made with ultra-soft material feels like cotton.
- Infused with a mild baby lotion with Aloe Vera extract protects the baby’s skin from rashes and irritation.
- The magic gel technology provides the baby up to 12 hours of dryness.
- Extra dry layer keeps away the wetness from reaching the baby’s skin.
- The diaper’s tape side has a strong adhesive that doesn’t wear off easily.
- Pampers Active Baby Newborn diaper is slim, light, and of the appropriate size to fit an infant.
- The Wetness Indicator, which turns the diaper blue, instantly alarms the parents for a diaper change and helps parents to avoid frequent diaper checks.
- The soft and stretchy sides of the diaper adapt to the baby’s size; this prevents leakage.
- It can be fastened and unfastened multiple times.
- Many parents have appreciated their quality and absorbing capacity.
- No diaper rashes.
- A little higher on the pricing as compared to other diapers.
3. Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers
The Huggies Little Swimmers Swim Diapers are the ones that will help your baby to play in the water without swelling up. It is embedded with a unique absorbent material that can absorb the maximum amount of liquid and yet keep the baby completely comfortable.
- This product is suitable for both male and female kids
- Compatible weight of the baby is 4 to 25 kg
- Product is a swim type disposable diaper
- Has stretchy sides and an elastic waistband for a comfortable fit
- The diaper is made of a unique absorbent material
- The product can be torn off from the sides to dispose
- The product comes with special leak guards for added protection
- The back label is also provided for easy identification.
- The unique absorbent material of the diaper prevents it from swelling up in the water, unlike other diapers.
- This product will be the apt one for the kid who loves to play in water or swimming pools because of its absorbent qualities.
- No wet indicator is available with this product.
- Being a disposable diaper, this might be a bit costly in some cases.
4. Supples Baby Pants Diapers
The Supples baby pants diapers are made using soft, non-woven, breathable material with a zig-zag channel on the top layer and a bottom layer with gel magnets. This ensures uniform distribution of liquid while the additional blue dispersion layer provides a dry, comfortable feel. It also comes with a triple lock enable side cuffs to prevent leakages.
- Available sizes: Small, Medium Large, and X-Large.
- Unit counts: 54, 62, 72, 78, 108, 124 and 144.
- Can hold up to 7 glasses of liquid – 1 glass =30 ml for small and medium-size while 1 glass= 50 ml for large and X-large size.
- Made using non-woven, soft and breathable material.
- The top layer has a zig-zag channel for uniform distribution of liquid.
- Comes with triple lock enabled side cuffs to prevent leakage.
- The bottom layer features gel magnets that are hydrophilic in nature to absorb a large amount of liquid.
- Has an additional blue dispersion layer.
- The diapers are comfortable to wear and take off.
- Offers up to 12 hours of absorption.
- Ensures a good fit.
- Gentle on the skin of your baby.
- Provides a dry and comfortable feel.
- The quality of the diapers was not up to the mark.
5. Pampers Premium Care Diapers Pants
Pampers is India’s one of the favorite brands in diapers. Originally from America; the well-known Procter Gambler markets pampers. The brand believes in creating a healthy environment for the baby’s development. Pampers Premium Pants comes with a cotton-like soft fabric.
The diaper contains 3 Air channels which will keep the baby comfortable. These Pants have an all-around fit and aim to provide premium care.
- All around fit adjusts to baby’s movements and provides flexibility.
- The three air channels allow baby’s skin to breathe.
- The cotton-like material lets the humid air out and fresh air in.
- Breathable dryness can be achieved with easy airflow.
- Aloe Vera Lotion prevents skin irritation.
- Side tear is available for easy removal.
- The disposable tape gives ease of discarding the diaper without any hassle.
- Softer than a regular diaper.
- The baby’s skin feels moisturized.
- Extra absorbency.
- Wetness Indicator saves time, often wasted from frequent checking.
- A bit costly.
6. Pigeon Diapers
Pigeon is a Japanese company that was established in 1957. The brand believes in developing beneficial parenthood by making all the products for the healthy growth of the baby.
The brand is committed to delivering the most excellent quality care products. Pigeon Baby Pants are designed for your baby’s hygiene need and protection.
- Its exceptional super absorbent pad and crisscross cross top layer prevent leakage.
- Its slim-fit design and soft elastic waistband give a great fit to your baby’s bottom.
- The U-fold flap gives double protection and increases mobility.
- Moisture distribution layer draws liquids away from the baby’s skin.
- A unique cool care system provides a better air circulation system.
- The baby’s skin always stays dry due to the well-designed and well-incorporated system of a silky soft top sheet, woven inner layers, and breathable back sheet.
- The expert absorbent pad holds up to five times more liquid than its weight.
- The Wetness Indicator avoids keeping the diaper on for too long.
- No negative points observed so far.
7. Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper
A widely used and preferred diaper is the Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper. It’s crisscross absorbent sheet allows up to 7 glasses of absorption. Such features make it a durable product.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 12 months
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations are 9 and 14 kg respectively
- The diaper has a crisscross absorbent sheet for maximum absorption
- It prevents redness and lasts up to 12 hours
- Product has stretchable thigh support which prevents leakage
- The Navel care shape feature of the diaper doesn’t cover the umbilical cord
- Available in fun designs from the House of Disney
- It is comfortable to wear.
- The crisscross sheet can absorb up to 7 glasses of water and spreads it evenly.
- This above feature also does not allow the diaper to get heavy as the urine spreads out evenly.
- The stretchable thigh support of the diaper prevents thigh gaps and hence prevents leakage.
- The wetness indicator from this diaper is absent.
8. Huggies Wonder Pants Medium Size Diaper
The Huggies Wonder Pants have been carefully designed for all-around protection of the baby. Features like the cushiony soft texture of the product and its high absorbent ability make a place in the must-have list.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is five months
- Minimum weight recommendation is 7 kg, and the maximum is 12 kg
- Product has a cottony-soft material with Dry-Touch sheet pulls
- Up to 12-hour absorption is possible
- Product has a super stretchy fit for comfort
- This is a pant style, disposable diaper
- Sizes of the diapers range from small(S) to XXL.
- The double leak-guard of the diaper provides extra protection to avoid leakage.
- The pant style of the diaper makes it very convenient to wear and dispose of off when soiled.
- There is no restriction on gender for the usage of this diaper.
- No wetness indicator is provided with the diaper.
9. Pampers New X-Large Size Diapers Pants
Pampers Pant Style Diapers are the only ones in India which offer air channels to overnight dryness and peaceful nights for the baby. Its comfortable fit and fun exterior graphics make the product a preferable one in the market.
- The product is a portable one
- It has three extra absorb channels that help distribute wetness evenly
- The magic gel is provided that locks wetness away
- The product lasts up to 12 hours with dryness
- Flexible waistbands are provided for a comfortable fit
- The minimum suggested age for this product is 24 months.
- The flexible waistband of the diaper adjusts according to the baby’s movements for complete comfort.
- The diaper also has a top layer with cotton-like soft material, which provides a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Baby lotion protects the baby’s skin from diaper rashes and irritation.
- Air circulation is maintained through breathable soft belt and leg cuffs
- No wetness indicator is provided for the baby.
10. Snuggles Standard Pants Large Size Diapers
The diaper pants which will keep the baby comfortable all day and night and also comes loaded with features is the Snuggles Standard Pant Diapers. The soft cotton material of the diaper is an add-on that will keep the baby’s skin perfectly smooth.
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations of the baby are 9 & 14 respectively
- It is made of non-woven, soft and breathable material which is gentle on baby’s skin
- The diaper has a crisscross top layer for the larger absorbing area
- The bottom layer of the diaper has gel magnets which are hydrophilic
- Product has triple-locked enabled side cuffs for leakage prevention
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested an age for the baby is 24 months
- Diaper allows up to 12 hours of absorption.
- This pant style diaper is very easy to pull up and remove.
- The gel magnets of the diaper helps to absorb large amounts of liquid and keep the baby dry.
- The diaper has no wetness indicator.
11. Himalaya Total Care Extra Large Size Baby Pants Diapers
A one-step diaper solution with total protection, comfort, and care is the Himalaya Total Care Baby Pants Diapers. The product is enriched with herbal products like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma, which prevents rashes on the baby’s skin too.
- This is an easy to wear pant style diaper
- Product is supplied with a wetness indicator. Turns green to show when baby wets the diaper
- The diaper has a super absorbent polymer (SAP) layer for extra absorption
- Product has an anti-rash shield which contains Indian Aloe and Yashad Bhasma (Zinc Oxide)
- Breathable fabric is provided for proper air circulation
- Leak-proof soft elastic edges also prevent leakages
- Keeps skin dry so that baby gets an undisturbed and restful sleep
- The product comes in a size range from small to XL
- The herbal components like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma present in the product prevent the risk of diaper rashes.
- The SAP layer of the diaper rapidly absorbs multiple wettings and provides maximum protection from dampness.
- The soft easy-to-fit design provides comfort to your baby, silky soft inner layer for soft & sensitive skin.
- The herbal components might be unsuitable for some skin types, and a check has to be kept.
12. FirstVibe New Born Washable Reusable Diaper
FirstVibe brings to the parent’s nappy diapers made of premium cotton material. Its lightweight and adaptability to the skin are some of its key features. This diaper can be a favorable one for your six months old kid.
- Product is of washable and reusable type
- Can be used both by a girl and a boy kid
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is six months
- The material of the diaper is 100% soft premium hosiery cotton
- The diaper can be washed in the washing machine under cold water
- The product is a pack of 10 nappies.
- This pack of 10 nappies is washable and hence, comes at a very pocket-friendly price.
- Its soft texture prevents rashes and is gentle on the baby’s skin.
- No padding or absorbent layers are available along with this product.
13. Bella Baby Happy Diapers
Bella Baby Happy, a European brand, was introduced in India in January 2017. This brand aims at creating happy moments for the baby and the mother by providing rash-free conditions when using the diaper.
- Bella Baby Happy diapers have formulated a perfect diaper-rash -free system.
- The diapers are free from latex and chlorine components.
- The Air-circulation system keeps the baby’s skin healthy.
- The Magic Gel technology instantly absorbs the wetness.
- The green tea extract has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Wetness indicator point the time for changing the diaper.
- Proper fastening of tapes is secure due to the symmetrical pictures in the front of the diaper.
- Assurance of zero rashes.
- Value for money.
- The product provides everything practically what has been promised.
- Diapers are mildly scented to avoid odor.
- It has a distinctive umbilical cord cutting available in the newborn variation, makes wearing diapers a happy experience.
- The adhesive seems to be a bit poor.
- The wetness indicator is unavailable in medium to large sizes.
14. Drypers Wee Wee Dry Medium Size Diapers
Drypers is a flagship brand of SCA hygiene Malaysia, providing need comfort and protection to the babies worldwide.
- Made out of 4 plant extract Aloe vera, chamomile, olive extracts, and vitamin E.
- Cloth-like diapers to keep baby’s skin cool and fresh.
- Offers Dry Flexi-Tape, which is easy to fasten.
- ThinDRY core technique in which thinner core distributes and absorbs liquid effectively.
- Extra measures like leak guards that hug baby’s leg gently preventing leaks.
- New Dry Active absorb layer used to distribute and keep skin dry and comfortable.
- The waistband tape can be opened multiple times.
- Size of the diaper is smaller than usual.
- Diapers are not in pant style.
- No wetness indicator.
15. MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers
The MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers allows the baby to play, crawl, run, walk, rest, eat and sleep uninterrupted. This is of the disposable type and designed with leak-proof technology. Easy to carry and use, this diaper will be a good option for your little one.
- This is a tape type, breathable and disposable diapers
- Maximum recommended age for the baby is three months
- The maximum shelf life of the product is 36 months
- Compatible baby weight of the diaper is 7 kg
- Product is available in packs of 40 and 44 pieces
- Softest cloth-like fabric is used for the diaper
- Made with SAP(Super Absorbent Polymers) which absorbs multiple wetting
- Being a disposable diaper with Velcro straps, this product is very easy to use.
- The cloth-like fabric is gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin and hence prevents rashes and itchiness.
- Leak-proof technology is embedded to avoid leakage.
- No wetness indicator is given with the diaper.
Benefits Of Diapers:
Baby diapers come in 2 types – cloth diaper and disposable diapers. Disposable diapers are more comfortable because once used you can throw it away, no hassle to carry them around or cleaning it.
On the go
Diapers make traveling very easy. You can use a diaper and dispose it off. It’s a fast process and allows for quick changes. Check out best baby diaper bags for convenient traveling
Diapers are made out of hypoallergenic material that is most suitable for all skins—providing comfort to babies.
Types Of Baby Diapers
Tape diapers or traditional diapers are ideal for newborns whose umbilical cord has not fallen yet. They are adjustable and parents can adjust the tape below the navel. They are soft and suitable for baby’s sensitive skin. Tape diapers are suitable for infants who can not stand or sit.
These diapers are one-time-use diapers and are easy to put on, remove, and dispose off. They are made of non-decomposable plastic which fills our landfills and is a threat to our environment.
Diapers that are made from absorbent products like flannel, cotton fleece, wool, or other such materials which are generally soft on the baby’s skin fall under this category.
Cloth diapers are washable and reusable and hence, cheaper in rates too. Most of these are environment-friendly and completely washable.
Pocket diapers are a type of cloth diapers with pocket and waterproof covering that allows you to insert a disposable or a washable liner or a folded diaper.
Pre-folded diapers are rectangular in shape and can be easily fit in a waterproof cloth diaper. It can also be folded in your customized manner to meet the requirements of your baby.
Always clean your baby using a fresh and clean cloth or using the baby wipes.
Pull-ups or pant style diapers
Pant diapers or pull up diapers resemble regular underwear and look less like a diaper. It is ideal for toddlers who are under potty training. They are comfortable, easy to use, travel-friendly, and non-leakable.
Disposable underwear is suitable for older children. It keeps them dry during the night if they urinate while sleeping. They are different for girls and boys and is suitable for children above 4 years.
These disposable underwear are one-time use underwear and are made using plastics. They are a threat to our environment and takes hundreds of years to decompose into the soil.
Organic diapers are made with eco-friendly materials like wood pulp that is derived from sustainable trees. While no diaper brands are 100% organic, they are much better than disposable diapers. With organic diapers, parents can feel assured that their baby’s bum is safe from any kind of harmful chemicals.
Most organic diapers do not use chlorine or latex anymore to bleach the wood pulp. They contain less plastic and more eco-friendly material. Bamboo nature diapers are the organic diapers available in India.
Unscented vs. scented
Many diaper brands now use fragrance to help cover unlikable poop smells. These brands assure that the amount of scent used is very less and it won’t cause any irritation to your child’s skin.
However, no studies have shown otherwise. If your child has extra sensitive skin, its best to avoid the scented diapers and go for unscented diapers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best baby diaper brands in India?
Here are the top 7 best baby diaper brands in India.
- Huggies New Born Taped Diapers
- Pampers Active Baby New Born Diapers
- Huggies Little Swimmers
- Supples Baby Pants Diapers
- Pampers Premium Care Diapers Pants
- Pigeon Diapers
- Mamypoko Pants
1. How can long diapers be used?
Diapers should be changed in 2-3 hours. More than that can leave a rash on babies’ skin. To prevent this, check out baby diaper rash creams.
2. Is diaper good for the newborn baby?
Cloth diapers are good only if you are able to clean and change it as soon as it’s dirty. Disposable diapers are convenient but can cause rashes.
3. How should a diaper fit a baby?
The diaper should be snug on the waist and right below the belly button. It should not leave marks that show that the diaper is too tight for the baby.
4. How long can you use a size one diaper?
Size 1 diaper is for babies that weigh 7 kg. Babies reach that weight when they are 3-4 months old.
5. How to determine what diaper size baby needs?
Diaper size is mainly determined based on your baby’s age and weight. Let us take a look at the size according to the weight of the baby.
- 4-8 kg: Small
- 7-12 kg: Medium
- 9-14 kg: Large
- 12-17 kg: X-Large
6. How do you know when a diaper is wet?
- Notice if your baby is crying.
- Hold your hand on the front section of the diaper and jiggle it to see if it moves. If it moves in a jelly-like way, the diaper is wet and requires changing.
- You can take a quick look for yourself or feel it with two fingers to see if it is wet or dry.
7. Do diapers affect babies?
Keeping your baby on with a diaper for a long period can lead to rashes, infections, allergies, and discomfort. It might also lead to difficulty in toilet training.
Parents usually tend to worry about their baby’s health, hygiene, and protection, and hence selecting a proper diaper becomes very important. Also, trying out different styles and patterns of the diaper before sticking to a particular type or brand is necessary.
The above list is a compact form of the different types available in the market nowadays. Lastly, factors like skin rashes, itchiness, and overflowing of the diapers are the ones that need prior attention.