Best Baby Diapers
Babies require the utmost care and protection during their growth and the skin is very sensitive and needs special attention.
Along with baby creams and powders, baby diapers also need to be given a thought and check before using them.
Diapers available in the market are either disposable or cloth type. The disposable ones are convenient to use but come with a higher price than the cloth ones. The cloth ones are reusable and very pocket-friendly but come with the hassle of cleaning up.
This article provides you with information like benefits of the diapers, types of diapers for baby india, comprehensive buyers guide, and frequently asked questions to solve your queries. We have also mentioned the best diapers for babies in India products.
Top 14 Best Diapers in India
Benefits Of Diapers:
Baby diapers come in 2 types – cloth diaper and disposable diapers. Disposable diapers are more comfortable because once used. It is thrown away, no hassle to carry them around or cleaning it.
On the go
Diapers make traveling very easy. You can use a diaper and dispose of it. It’s a fast process and allows for quick changes. Check out best baby diaper bags for convenient traveling
Diapers are made out of material that is most suitable for all skins. Providing comfort to babies.
Types Of Baby Diapers
Diapers that are made from absorbent products like flannel, cotton fleece, wool, or other such materials which are generally soft on the baby’s skin fall under this category.
Cloth diapers are washable and reusable and hence, cheaper in rates too. Some of these are environment-friendly, some completely washable and some of them have insert-able liners that can be thrown off after getting soiled. Always clean your baby using a fresh and clean cloth or using the baby wipes.
As the name suggests, the onetime use and dispose of diapers are disposable diapers. These diapers are usually more costly than cloth ones. These are generally used to keep babies dry during the night if they urinate while asleep.
Pull-up diapers resemble more like regular underwear and less like a diaper. It is designed in such a manner for the purpose of babies who are learning to use the washroom when they require urinating or defecating.
Pocket diapers come in a waterproof covering with a pocket on the diaper that allows you to insert a disposable or a washable liner or a folded diaper.
This type of diaper is also provided with Velcro fasteners or multiple rows of snaps for different fits to keep the covering closed. A range of sizes is available for the outer cover.
Smaller than the unfolded diapers, rectangular in structure and easier to use are the pre-folded diapers. One or two folds of this diaper are sufficient to be fit inside a waterproof diaper. It can also be folded in your own customized manner to meet the requirements of your baby.
Contour diapers, also known as fitted diapers, have the diaper structure of a narrow crotch and wider wings, resembling the disposable ones. These diapers come with Velcro or diaper fasteners or elastic at the waist and legs and a more absorbent layer in the center.
A rectangle piece of flat fabric that can be folded to fit the baby’s shape is the unfolded diaper. This diaper needs to be fastened to be held in place with diaper pins or diaper fasteners. Also, these diapers can be folded and placed inside the waterproof diapers.
Baby Diapers Buyer’s guide
Some diaper companies manufacture their diapers with a wetness indicator that clearly indicates when the diaper needs to be changed. This feature spares the parent from the constant worry of changing diapers for the baby.
Diapers have an extra absorbent layer on the crotch, which prevents leakage and makes the diaper durable for a more extended period. So, while purchasing a pack of diapers, check out for the additional absorbent padding too.
Diapers with stretch sides mold into the baby’s body and help to prevent leaks. Also, stretch sided diapers are more comfortable than the others. Hence, such diapers will be a better option for your baby.
Cutout for newborns
Disposable diapers of the newborn sizes have a curved front or a sticker to avoid irritation to the naval area. As the infant babies require the utmost care of their skin, make sure of the structure of the diaper being purchased for your newborn.
The type of fasteners of a diaper varies from brand to brand. Some have Velcro, or some have snap fasteners with multiple rows or some have elastic around the waist and legs for a contoured fit. As these types are available in the market, keep a look on the type before buying a pack for your baby.
Top 14 Best Baby Diapers
1. Pampers Active Baby New Born Diapers
Pampers is an American brand that was founded in 1961 for baby and toddler products. The brand believes in baby’s happy and healthy development. The taped diapers by Pampers give the newborn 5-star protection.
Baby’s sensitive skin is taken care of with a touch of baby lotion. The absorbent gel material or the magic gel present in the core of Pampers Active Baby Newborn diapers is highly effective in absorbing frequent wetness. This one here is considered to be the best diapers for newborns due to its features.
- This newborn diaper made with ultra-soft material feels like cotton.
- Infused with a mild baby lotion with Aloe Vera extract protects the baby’s skin from rashes and irritation.
- The magic gel technology provides the baby up to 12 hours of dryness.
- Extra dry layer keeps away the wetness from reaching the baby’s skin.
- The diaper’s tape side has a strong adhesive that doesn’t wear off easily.
- Pampers Active Baby Newborn diaper is slim, light, and of the appropriate size to fit an infant.
- The Wetness Indicator which turns the diaper blue instantly alarms the parents for a diaper change and helps parents to avoid frequent diaper checks.
- The soft and stretchy sides of the diaper adapt to the baby’s size; this prevents leakage.
- Can be fastened and unfastened multiple times.
- Many parents have appreciated their quality and absorbing capacity.
- No diaper rashes.
- A little higher on the pricing as compared to other diapers.
2. Supples Baby Pants Diapers
The Supples baby pants diapers are made using soft non-woven, breathable material with a zig-zag channel on the top layer and a bottom layer with gel magnets. This ensures uniform distribution of liquid while the additional blue dispersion layer ensures a dry comfortable feel. It also comes with a triple lock enable side cuffs to prevent leakages.
- Available sizes: Small, Medium Large and X-Large.
- Unit counts: 54, 62, 72, 78, 108, 124 and 144.
- Can hold up to 7 glasses of liquid – 1 glass =30 ml for small and medium-size while 1 glass= 50 ml for large and X-large size.
- Made using non-woven, soft and breathable material.
- The top layer has a zig-zag channel for uniform distribution of liquid
- Comes with triple lock enabled side cuffs to prevent leakage.
- The bottom layer features gel magnets that are hydrophilic in nature to absorb a large amount of liquid.
- Has an additional blue dispersion layer.
- The diapers are easy to wear and take off.
- Offers up to 12 hours of absorption.
- Ensures a good fit.
- Gentle on the skin of your baby.
- Provides a dry and comfortable feel.
- The quality of the diapers was not up to the mark.
3. Pampers Premium Care Diapers Pants
Pampers is India’s one of the favorite brands in diapers. Originally from America; the well-known Procter Gambler markets pampers. The brand believes in creating a healthy environment for the baby’s development. Pampers Premium Pants comes with a cotton-like soft fabric. The diaper contains 3 Air channels which will keep the baby comfortable. These Pants have an all-around fit and aim to provide premium care.
- All around fit adjusts to baby’s movements and provides flexibility.
- The three air channels allow baby’s skin to breathe.
- The cotton-like material lets the humid air out and fresh air in.
- Breathable dryness can be achieved with easy airflow.
- Aloe Vera Lotion prevents skin irritation
- Side tear is available for easy removal.
- The disposable tape gives ease of discarding the diaper without any hassle.
- Softer than a regular diaper.
- The baby’s skin feels moisturized.
- Extra absorbency.
- Wetness Indicator saves time; often wasted from frequent checking.
- As per some of the user reviews, the quality of formerly purchased diapers was superior to the current ones.
- The pricing is up to 20 percent more than the regular diapers.
4. Pigeon Diapers
Pigeon is a Japanese company that was established in 1957. The brand believes in developing beneficial parenthood by making all the products for the healthy growth of the baby. The brand is committed to delivering the most excellent quality care products. Pigeon Baby Pants are designed for your baby’s hygiene need and protection.
- Its exceptional super absorbent pad and criss-cross top layer prevent leakage.
- Its slim-fit design and soft elastic waistband give a great fit to your baby’s bottom.
- The U-fold flap gives double protection and increases mobility.
- Moisture distribution layer draws liquids away from the baby’s skin.
- A unique cool care system provides a better air circulation system.
- The baby’s skin always stays dry due to the well-designed and well-incorporated system of a silky soft top sheet, woven inner layers, and breathable back sheet.
- The expert absorbent pad holds up to five times more liquid than its weight.
- The Wetness Indicator avoids keeping the diaper on for too long.
- As per the user review, no cons could be found.
5. Drypers Wee Wee Dry Medium Size Diapers
Drypers is a flagship brand of SCA hygiene Malaysia, providing need comfort and protection to the babies worldwide.
- Made out of 4 plant extract Aloe vera, chamomile, olive extracts, and vitamin E.
- Cloth-like diapers to keep baby’s skin cool and fresh.
- Offers Dry Flexi-Tape which is easy to fasten.
- ThinDRY core technique in which thinner core distributes and absorbs liquid effectively.
- Extra measures like leak guards that hug baby’s leg gently preventing leaks.
- New Dry Active absorb layer used to distribute and keep skin dry and comfortable.
- The waistband tape can be opened multiple times.
- Size of the diaper is smaller than usual.
- Diapers are not in pant style.
- No wetness indicator.
6. Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper
A widely used and preferred diaper is the Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper. It’s crisscross absorbent sheet allows up to 7 glasses of absorption. Such features make it a durable product and hence attract more customers.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 12 months
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations are 9 and 14 kg respectively
- The diaper has a crisscross absorbent sheet for maximum absorption
- It prevents redness and lasts up to 12 hours
- Product has stretchable thigh support which prevents leakage
- The Navel care shape feature of the diaper doesn’t cover the umbilical cord
- Available in fun designs from the House of Disney
- It is comfortable to wear.
- The crisscross sheet can absorb up to 7 glasses of water and spreads it evenly.
- This above feature also does not allow the diaper to get heavy as the urine spreads out evenly.
- The stretchable thigh support of the diaper prevents thigh gaps and hence prevents leakage.
- The wetness indicator from this diaper is absent.
7. Huggies Wonder Pants Medium Size Diaper
The Huggies Wonder Pants have been carefully designed for all-around protection of the baby. Features like the cushiony soft texture of the product and its high absorbent ability make a place in the must-have list.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is five months
- Minimum weight recommendation is 7 kg, and the maximum is 12 kg
- Product has a cottony-soft material with Dry-Touch sheet pulls
- Up to 12-hour absorption is possible
- Product has a super stretchy fit for comfort
- This is a pant style, disposable diaper
- Sizes of the diapers range from small(S) to XXL.
- The double leak-guard of the diaper provides extra protection to avoid leakage.
- The pant style of the diaper makes it very convenient to wear and dispose of off when soiled.
- There is no restriction on gender for the usage of this diaper.
- No wetness indicator is provided with the diaper.
8. Pampers New X-Large Size Diapers Pants
Pampers Pant Style Diapers are the only ones in India which offer air channels to overnight dryness and peaceful nights for the baby. Its comfortable fit and fun exterior graphics make the product a preferable one in the market.
- The product is a portable one
- It has three extra absorb channels that help distribute wetness evenly
- The magic gel is provided that locks wetness away
- The product lasts up to 12 hours with dryness
- Flexible waistbands are provided for a comfortable fit
- Air circulation is maintained through breathable soft belt and leg cuffs
- Baby lotion protects the baby’s skin from diaper rashes and irritation
- The minimum suggested age for this product is 24 months.
- The flexible waistband of the diaper adjusts according to the baby’s movements for complete comfort.
- The diaper also has a top layer with cotton-like soft material which provides a comfortable night’s sleep.
- No wetness indicator is provided for the baby.
- The diapers are not reusable and hence might be costly in some cases.
9. Snuggles Standard Pants Large Size Diapers
The diaper pants which will keep the baby comfortable all day and night and also comes loaded with features is the Snuggles Standard Pant Diapers. The soft cotton material of the diaper is an add-on that will keep the baby’s skin perfectly smooth.
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations of the baby are 9 & 14 respectively
- It is made of non-woven, soft and breathable material which is gentle on baby’s skin
- The diaper has a crisscross top layer for the larger absorbing area
- The bottom layer of the diaper has gel magnets which are hydrophilic
- Product has triple-locked enabled side cuffs for leakage prevention
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested an age for the baby is 24 months
- Diaper allows up to 12 hours of absorption.
- This pant style diaper is very easy to pull up and remove.
- The gel magnets of the diaper help to absorb large amounts of liquid and keep the baby dry.
- The diaper has no wetness indicator with it.
10. Himalaya Total Care Extra Large Size Baby Pants Diapers
A one-step diaper solution with total protection, comfort, and care is the Himalaya Total Care Baby Pants Diapers. The product is enriched with herbal products like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma, which prevents rashes on the baby’s skin too.
- This is an easy to wear pant style diaper
- Product is supplied with a wetness indicator. Turns green to show when baby wets the diaper
- The diaper has a superabsorbent polymer (SAP) layer for extra absorption
- Product has an anti-rash shield which contains Indian Aloe and Yashad Bhasma (Zinc Oxide)
- Breathable fabric is provided for proper air circulation
- Leak-proof soft elastic edges also prevent leakages
- Keeps skin dry so that baby gets an undisturbed and restful sleep
- The product comes in a size range from small to XL
- The herbal components like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma present in the product prevent the risk of diaper rashes.
- The SAP layer of the diaper rapidly absorbs multiple wettings and provides maximum protection from dampness.
- The soft easy-to-fit design provides comfort to your baby; silky soft inner layer for soft & sensitive skin.
- The herbal components might be unsuitable for some skin types, and a check has to be kept.
11. FirstVibe New Born Washable Reusable Diaper
FirstVibe brings to the parent’s nappy diapers made of premium cotton material. Its lightweight and adaptability to the skin are some of its key features. This diaper can be a favorable one for your six months old kid.
- Product is of washable and reusable type
- Can be used both by a girl and a boy kid
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is six months
- The material of the diaper is 100% soft premium hosiery cotton
- The diaper can be washed in the washing machine under cold water
- Product is a pack of 10 nappies.
- This pack of 10 nappies is washable and hence, comes at a very pocket-friendly price.
- Its soft texture prevents rashes and is gentle on the baby’s skin.
- No padding or absorbent layers are available along with this product.
12. Supples Baby Pants Diapers
Bella Baby Happy, a European brand was introduced in India in January 2017. This brand aims at creating happy moments for the baby and the mother by providing rash-free conditions when using the diaper.
- Bella Baby Happy diapers have formulated a perfect diaper-rash -free system.
- The diapers are free from latex and chlorine components.
- The Air-circulation system keeps the baby’s skin healthy.
- The Magic Gel technology instantly absorbs the wetness.
- It has a distinctive umbilical cord cutting available in the newborn variation, makes wearing diapers a happy experience.
- Diapers are mildly scented to avoid odor.
- The green tea extract has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Wetness indicator point the time for changing the diaper.
- Proper fastening of tapes is secure due to the symmetrical pictures in the front of the diaper.
- Assurance of zero rashes.
- Value for money.
- The product provides everything practically what has been promised.
- The adhesive seems to be a bit poor.
- The wetness indicator is unavailable in medium to large sizes.
13. Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers
The Huggies Little Swimmers Swim Diapers are the ones that will help your baby to play in the water without swelling up. It is embedded with a unique absorbent material which can absorb the maximum amount of liquid and yet keep the baby completely comfortable.
- This product is suitable for both male and female kids
- Compatible weight of the baby is 4 to 25 kg
- Product is a swim type disposable diaper
- Has stretchy sides and an elastic waistband for a comfortable fit
- The diaper is made of a unique absorbent material
- The product can be torn off from the sides to dispose
- The product comes with special leak guards for added protection
- The back label is also provided for easy identification.
- The unique absorbent material of the diaper prevents it to swell up in the water, unlike other diapers.
- This product will be the apt one for the kid who loves to play in water or swimming pools because of its absorbent qualities.
- No wet indicator is available with this product.
- Being a disposable diaper, this might be a bit costly in some cases.
14. MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers
The MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers allows the baby to play, crawl, run, walk, rest, eat, and sleep uninterrupted. This is of the disposable type and designed with leak-proof technology. Easy to carry and use, this diaper will be a good option for your little one.
- This is a tape type, breathable and disposable diapers
- The diaper has a Velcro strap as a closure type
- Maximum recommended age for the baby is three months
- The maximum shelf life of the product is 36 months
- Compatible baby weight of the diaper is 7 kg
- Product is available in packs of 40 and 44 pieces
- Softest cloth-like fabric is used for the diaper
- Made with SAP(Super Absorbent Polymers) which absorbs multiple wettings
- Leak-proof technology is embedded to avoid leakage.
- Being a disposable diaper with Velcro straps, this product is very easy to use.
- The cloth-like fabric is gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin and hence prevents rashes and itchiness.
- No wetness indicator is given with the diaper.
- The disposable feature makes the diaper a bit costly than the reusable ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can long diapers be used?
Diapers should be changed in 2-3 hours. More than that can leave a rash on babies skin. To prevent this, check out baby diaper rash creams.
2. Is diaper good for the newborn baby?
Cloth diapers are good only if you are able to clean and change it as soon as it’s dirty. Disposable diapers are convenient but can cause rashes.
3. How should a diaper fit a baby?
The diaper should be snug on the waist and right below the belly button. It should not leave marks, that shows that the diaper is too tight for the baby.
4. How long can you use a size one diaper?
Size 1 diaper is for babies that weigh 7 kg. Babies reach that weight when they are 3-4 months old.
5. How to determine what diaper size baby needs?
Diaper size is mainly determined on the basis of your baby’s age and weight. Let us take a look at the size according to the weight of the baby.
- 4-8 kg: Small
- 7-12 kg: Medium
- 9-14 kg: Large
- 12-17 kg: X-Large
6. How do you know when a diaper is wet?
- Notice if your baby is crying.
- Hold your hand on the front section of the diaper and jiggle it to see if it moves. If it moves in a jelly-like way the diaper is wet and requires changing.
- You can take a quick look for yourself or feel it with two fingers to see if it is wet or dry.
7. Do diapers affect babies?
Keeping your baby on with a diaper for a long period of time can lead to rashes, infections, allergies, and discomfort. It might also lead to difficulty in toilet training.
Parents usually tend to worry about their baby’s health, hygiene, and protection, and hence selecting a proper diaper becomes very important. Also, trying out different styles and patterns of the diaper before sticking to a particular type or brand is necessary.
An above list is a compact form of the different types available in the market nowadays. Lastly, factors like skin rashes, itchiness, and overflowing of the diapers are the ones that need prior attention.