Best Baby Diapers
Babies require the utmost care and protection during their growth. Their skin is usually very sensitive and needs special attention every day.
Along with baby creams and powders, baby diapers also need to be given a thought and check before using them.
Benefits Of Diapers:
Baby diapers come in 2 types – cloth diaper and disposable diapers. Disposable diapers are more convenient because once used it is thrown away, no hassle to carry it around or cleaning it.
On the go
Diapers make traveling very easy. You can use a diaper and dispose of it. It’s a fast process and allows for quick changes.
Diapers are made out of material that is most suitable for all skins. Providing comfort to babies.
Types Of Baby Diapers
Diapers that are made from absorbent products like flannel, cotton fleece, wool or other such materials which are generally soft on the baby’s skin fall under this category. Cloth diapers are washable and reusable and hence, cheaper in rates too. Some of these are environment-friendly, some completely washable and some of them have insert-able liners that can be thrown off after getting soiled.
As the name suggests, the onetime use and dispose off diapers are the disposable diapers. These diapers are usually more costly than the cloth ones. These are generally used to keep babies dry during the night if they urinate while asleep.
Pull-up diapers resemble more like a regular underwear and less like a diaper. It is designed in such a manner for the purpose of babies who are learning to use the washroom when they require urinating or defecating.
Pocket diapers come in a waterproof covering with a pocket on the diaper that allows you to insert a disposable or a washable liner or a folded diaper. This type of diaper is also provided with Velcro fasteners or multiple rows of snaps for different fits to keep the covering closed. A range of sizes is available for the outer cover.
Smaller than the unfolded diapers, rectangular in structure and easier to use are the pre-folded diapers. One or two folds of this diaper are sufficient to be fit inside a waterproof diaper. It can also be folded in your own customized manner to meet the requirements of your baby.
Contour diapers, also known as fitted diapers have the diaper structure of a narrow crotch and wider wings, resembling the disposable ones. These diapers come with Velcro or diaper fasteners or elastic at the waist and legs and a more absorbent layer in the center.
A rectangle piece of flat fabric that can be folded to fit the baby’s shape is the unfolded diaper. This diaper needs to be fastened to be held in place with diaper pins or diaper fasteners. Also, these diapers can be folded and placed inside the waterproof diapers.
Baby Diapers Buyer’s guide
Some diaper companies manufacture their diapers with a wetness indicator that clearly indicates when the diaper needs to be changed. This feature spares the parent from the constant worry of changing diapers for the baby.
Diapers have an extra absorbent layer on the crotch which prevents leakage and makes the diaper durable for a longer period of time. So, while purchasing a pack of diapers, check out for the additional absorbent padding too.
Diapers with stretch sides mold into the baby’s body and help to prevent leaks. Also, stretch sided diapers are more comfortable than the others. Hence, such diapers will be a better option for your baby.
Cutout for newborns
Disposable diapers of the newborn sizes have a curved front or a cutout to avoid irritation to the naval area. As the newborn babies require the utmost care of their skin, make sure of the structure of the diaper being purchased for your newborn.
The type of fasteners of a diaper varies from brand to brand. Some have Velcro, or some have snap fasteners with multiple rows or some have elastic around the waist and legs for a contoured fit. As these types are available in the market, keep a look on the type before buying a pack for your baby.
1. Drypers Wee Wee Dry Medium Size Diapers
Drypers is a flagship brand of SCA hygiene Malaysia providing need comfort and protection to the babies worldwide.
- Made out of 4 plant extract Aloe vera, chamomile, olive extracts, and vitamin E.
- Cloth-like diapers to keep baby’s skin cool and fresh.
- Offers Dry Flexi-Tape which is easy to fasten.
- ThinDRY core technique in which thinner core distributes and absorb liquid effectively.
- Extra measures like leak guards that hug baby’s leg gently preventing leaks.
- New Dry Active absorb layer used to distribute and keep skin dry and comfortable.
- The waistband tape can be opened multiple times.
- Size of the diaper is smaller than usual.
- Diapers are not in pant style.
- No wetness indicator.
2. Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper
A widely used and preferred diaper is the Mamypoko Pants Extra Absorb Diaper. Its crisscross absorbent sheet allows up to 7 glasses of absorption. Such features make it a durable product and hence attract more customers.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 12 months
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations are 9 and 14 kg respectively
- Diaper has a crisscross absorbent sheet for maximum absorption
- It prevents redness and lasts up to 12 hours
- Product has a stretchable thigh support which prevents leakage
- The Navel care shape feature of the diaper doesn’t cover the umbilical cord
- Available in fun designs from the House of Disney
- It is easy to wear.
- The crisscross sheet can absorb up to 7 glasses of water and spreads it evenly.
- This above feature also does not allow the diaper to get heavy as the urine spreads out evenly.
- The stretchable thigh support of the diaper prevents thigh gaps and hence prevents leakage.
- The wetness indicator from this diaper is absent.
3. Huggies Wonder Pants Medium Size Diaper
The Huggies Wonder Pants have been carefully designed for all-around protection of the baby. Features like the cushiony soft texture of the product and its high absorbent ability make a place in the must-have list.
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 5 months
- Minimum weight recommendation is 7 kg and maximum is 12 kg
- Product has a cottony-soft material with Dry Touch sheet pulls
- Up to 12-hour absorption is possible
- Product has a super stretchy fit for comfort
- This is a pant style, disposable diaper
- Sizes of the diapers range from small(S) to XXL.
- The double leak-guard of the diaper provides extra protection to avoid leakage.
- The pant style of the diaper makes it very convenient to wear and dispose off when soiled.
- There is no restriction on the gender for usage of this diaper.
- No wetness indicator is provided with the diaper.
4. Pampers New X-Large Size Diapers Pants
Pampers Pant style Diapers are the only ones in India which provide air channels for overnight dryness and peaceful nights for the baby. Its comfortable fit and fun exterior graphics make the product a preferable one in the market.
- The product is a portable one
- It has 3 extra absorb channels that help distribute wetness evenly
- Magic gel is provided that locks wetness away
- Product lasts up to 12 hours with dryness
- Flexible waistbands are provided for a comfortable fit
- Air circulation is maintained through breathable soft belt and leg cuffs
- Baby lotion protects the baby’s skin from diaper rashes and irritation
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age for this product is 24 months.
- The flexible waistband of the diaper adjusts according to the baby’s movements for complete comfort.
- The diaper also has a top layer with cotton-like soft material which provides a comfortable night’s sleep.
- No wetness indicator is provided for the baby.
- The diapers are not reusable and hence might be costly in some cases.
5. Snuggles Standard Pants Large Size Diapers
The diaper pants which will keep the baby comfortable all day and night and also comes loaded with features is the Snuggles Standard Pant Diapers. The cottony soft material of the diaper is an add-on which will keep the baby’s skin perfectly soft.
- Minimum and maximum weight recommendations of the baby are 9 & 14 respectively
- It is made of non-woven, soft and breathable material which is gentle on baby’s skin
- Diaper has a crisscross top layer for larger absorbing area
- Bottom layer of the diaper has gel magnets which are hydrophilic in nature
- Product has triple locked enabled side cuffs for leakage prevention
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age for the baby is 24 months
- Diaper allows up to 12 hours of absorption.
- This pant style diaper is very easy to pull up and remove.
- The gel magnets of the diaper helps to absorb large amounts of liquid and keep the baby dry.
- The diaper has no wetness indicator with it.
6. Himalaya Total Care Extra Large Size Baby Pants Diapers
A one-step diaper solution with total protection, comfort, and care is the Himalaya Total Care Baby Pants Diapers. The product is enriched with herbal products like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma which prevents rashes on the baby’s skin too.
- This is an easy to wear pant style diaper
- Product is supplied with a wetness indicator. Turns green to show when baby wets the diaper
- Diaper has a super absorbent polymer (SAP) layer for extra absorption
- Product has an anti-rash shield which contains Indian Aloe and Yashad Bhasma (Zinc Oxide)
- Breathable fabric is provided for proper air circulation
- Leak-proof soft elastic edges also prevent leakages
- Keeps skin dry so that baby gets an undisturbed and restful sleep
- Product comes in a size range from small to XL
- The herbal components like aloe vera and Yashad Bhasma present in the product prevent the risk of diaper rashes.
- The SAP layer of the diaper rapidly absorbs multiple wettings and provides maximum protection from dampness.
- Soft easy-to-fit design provides comfort to your baby; silky soft inner layer for soft & sensitive skin.
- The herbal components might be unsuitable for some skin types and a check has to be kept.
7. Xtracare Nappy Pad’s Super Value Pack
The Xtracare Nappy Pad takes the best care for the baby and allows your baby to play with extra comfort. With advanced gel technology and double layered tissue in the diaper, it makes space for total absorption too.
- Unisex fit for all babies
- Product has layered individual sheets for easy pullouts
- The pack is compact and easy to carry
- Diaper is embedded with advanced gel technology to prevent leakage
- It also has a double layered tissue for extra absorption
- Diaper is self-sticking type to keep it in place.
- The product has a pretty good ability for absorption because of the presence of double-layered tissue and advanced gel technology.
- This pocket-friendly diaper pack is one of the cheapest available and loaded with features.
- This pack of diapers does not have elastic on the side walls which usually holds the solid waste.
- No wetness indicator is available for this product.
8. FirstVibe New Born Washable Reusable Hosiery Cotton Diaper
FirstVibe brings to the parents nappy diapers made of premium cotton material. Its lightweight and adaptability to the skin are some of its key features. This diaper can be a favorable one for your six months old kid.
- Product is of washable and reusable type
- Can be used both by a girl and a boy kid
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 6 months
- Material of the diaper is 100% soft premium hosiery cotton
- Diaper can be washed in machine under cold water
- Product is a pack of 10 nappies.
- This pack of 10 nappies is washable and hence, comes in a very pocket-friendly price.
- Its soft texture prevents rashes and is gentle on the baby’s skin.
- No padding or absorbent layers are available along with this product.
9. Libero Extra Large Size Diaper Pants
The diaper pants which are thin, airy, extremely comfortable and soft for your baby’s sensitive skin are the Libero Diaper Pants. This diaper has the specialty of being skin-friendly as it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, chamomille and olive oil.
- Diaper can be used by both male and female kids
- Material of the diaper is of cotton
- Manufacturer’s minimum suggested age is 3 months
- Product contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, chamomille and olive oil
- Diapers maintain high leakage security
- Product has soft elastic material for the baby’s comfortable fit
- This package contains 2 set(32 in each) of diapers.
- The seat of the diaper is wide enough for proper coverage of the baby and to hold the solid waste too.
- The natural ingredients of the diaper avoid rashes, irritations or skin infections at all costs.
- This set of diapers is an expensive one compared to its similar kinds.
10. Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers
The Huggies Little Swimmers Swim Diapers are the ones that will help your baby to play in the water without swelling up. It is embedded with a unique absorbent material which can absorb the maximum amount of liquid and yet keep the baby completely comfortable.
- This product is suitable for both male and female kids
- Compatible weight of the baby is 4 to 25 kg
- Product is a swim type disposable diaper
- Has stretchy sides and an elastic waistband for a comfortable fit
- Diaper is made of a unique absorbent material
- Product can be torn off from the sides to dispose
- Product comes with special leak guards for added protection
- Back label is also provided for easy identification.
- The unique absorbent material of the diaper prevents it to swell up in water, unlike other diapers.
- This product will be the apt one for the kid who loves to play in water or swimming pools because of its absorbent qualities.
- No wet indicator is available with this product.
- Being a disposable diaper, this might be a bit costly in some cases.
11. MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers
The MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers allows the baby to play, crawl, run, walk, rest, eat and sleep uninterrupted. This is of the disposable type and designed with leak-proof technology. Easy to carry and use, this diaper will be a good option for your little one.
- This is a tape type, breathable and disposable diapers
- Diaper has a Velcro strap as a closure type
- Maximum recommended age for the baby is 3 months
- Maximum shelf life of the product is 36 months
- Compatible baby weight of the diaper is 7 kg
- Product is available in packs of 40 and 44 pieces
- Softest cloth-like fabric is used for the diaper
- Made with SAP(Super Absorbent Polymers) which absorbs multiple wettings
- Leak-proof technology is embedded to avoid leakage.
- Being a disposable diaper with Velcro straps, this product is very easy to use.
- The cloth-like fabric is gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin and hence prevents rashes and itchiness.
- No wetness indicator is given with the diaper.
- The disposable feature makes the diaper a bit costly than the reusable ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long diapers can be used?
Diapers should be changed in 2-3 hours. More than that can leave a rash on babies skin.
2. Is diaper good for the newborn baby?
Cloth diapers are good only if you are able to clean and change it as soon as its dirty. Disposable diapers are convenient but can cause rashes.
3. How should a diaper fit a baby?
The diaper should be snug on the waist and right below the belly button. It should not leave marks, that shows that the diaper is too tight for the baby.
4. How long can you use a size 1 diaper?
Size 1 diaper is for babies that weigh 7 kg. Babies reach that weight when they are 3-4 months old.
Parents usually tend to worry about their baby’s health, hygiene, and protection and hence selecting a proper diaper becomes very important. Also, trying out different styles and patterns of diaper before sticking to a particular type or brand is also necessary. The above list is a compact form of the different types available in the market nowadays. Lastly, factors like skin rashes, itchiness and overflowing of the diapers are the ones that need prior attention.