Best Baby Rocking Chairs
No matter how much you would like to have your baby cradled in your arms, it’s quite not possible. You’ll get tired of holding her in your arms after some time. Sometimes, it’s also because of some tasks that you can’t carry out with the baby in your arms, and that’s why you require a baby rocking chair.
Babies love being gently rocked, and even if not in your arms, the sensation comforts them. Baby rocking is believed to emulate the sensation that your baby enjoyed for nine months in the womb every time you walked.
Nowadays, there are tons of baby rocking nursing chairs and getting the right one for your baby isn’t a simple task. The truth is that the exercise will leave you overwhelmed. This review contains the best baby rocking chairs in the Indian Market today and will make your search more natural as it narrows down your options. This article will guide you through different types available, its advantages, a comprehensive buying guide to help you and Frequently asked questions about rocking chairs to solve any of your queries. Also listed below are our top 8 recommended baby rocking chairs.
Top 8 Best Baby Rocking Chairs
Colorful and Attractive Design
Most comfortable baby rocker
Best to improve baby’s motor skills
Best multi-purpose feature
Equipped with music
Best durability feature
Best easy to clean feature
Advantages of Using a Baby Rocking Chair
Calms a crying child
The rocking motion keeps the baby calm as it makes them feel secure. The sensation establishes a healthy heart rate and blood circulation as well. If your baby gets fussy or tends to cry a lot, rocking her with a pacifier in her mouth will do the magic of soothing her. You will have an easy time running errands around the house with the help of a rocker.
Safety and security
Babies are never born with a sense of balance, meaning that it has to get developed. Gentle, slow rocking is one of the best ways to help them get the balance mechanism in the inner ear. Your baby will also become more alert and attentive.
Bonding and attachment
Rocking a child enables both the baby and the person rocking them to bond. The kid gets to know them and always feel safe with them around. The mother, dad, or the caregiver, on the other hand, will feel more responsible about the well-being of the little one when rocking them, which is a good thing.
Introduction to rhythm
Whether rocking him or doing it on his own, the baby develops a sense of rhythm. The slow and fast movements that a rocking chair provides enables the child to master rhythm at such a tender age. If possible, always accompany your kid’s rocking with a simple rhyme.
Helps the baby to develop visual perception
Using a rocker to help your baby relax will enable them to view the environment from different viewpoints. When rocking them, play with how you position them to give them this fantastic experience. You can place him on the rocker facing forward or on the chest.
Rocking the baby enables him to relax. When having a difficult time getting sleep, the soothing sensation will allow them to relax and sleep within no time. If the baby keeps on fussing about, the rocker will calm them down and make them feel comfortable again.
A rocking chair will help keep your hands free for a while. As a result, you’ll be able to carry out other tasks around the house, such as cleaning, cooking, or helping the older kids to carry out their school assignments. A rocking chair will also enable you to have your free time.
Most rocking chairs come with toy bars. Kids try to reach out for the toys with their tiny hands, something that improves their motor skills. Apart from toys, activity books also help in developing the motor skills, The back and forth motion makes the baby smile. Kids also try to hold their heads up when trying to catch the toys hanging on the toy bar.
Types of Baby Rocking Chairs
There are two types of baby rocking chairs in the market today; bassinet rockers and the inclined rockers
These rockers are approved for the little ones to sleep in overnight. If looking for a comfortable portable place for your baby to sleep, a bassinet rocker is the best option. These rockers are mostly powered mechanically and enable your baby to relax rather than play.
These are small rocking chairs that come equipped with a toy bar and music. These are the best to rock your baby as you carry out your daily duties as he will remain busy all through. Motors or a vibrating function power some of these rockers. For the rocking motion to commence the rocker has to be powered by an adult or your baby’s activity.
When looking for a baby rocking chair, there are a lot of features that you need to look out for. Ensure that you get a chair that is compatible with your baby since just like adults, kids also have likes and dislikes. While a baby might like a rocker that comes with music, another one may not. Just ensure that you purchase a rocker that keeps your baby comfortable and safe at all times.
That said, consider the following before buying a baby rocking chair.
A good rocking chair is one that lasts for a long time. You do not want a chair that you’ll replace a few months down the line. Get a durable chair that your baby will use years down the line. Such a pair will enable you to save a lot of money that you could have spent on repairs and replacements as opposed to a weak one.
If you can’t remove the covers, cleaning a rocker becomes a little challenging. Always get one that is machine washable and whose covers come out with ease.
Easy to clean
Some rocking chairs are a nightmare when it comes to cleaning. Select the rocker for your baby very carefully having it in mind that you’ll have to clean it at some point. Plastic baby rocking chairs, for example, are very easy to clean as all you’ll have to do is wipe them clean, and your baby gets to use the rocker within no time.
Simple to use
Do not purchase a rocking chair that you have little or no idea at all on how to use. That will be a waste of your hard-earned money as it won’t benefit your kid. Select a rocker that every other person left to take care of the baby can use with ease.
When purchasing a baby rocking chair, you need to ask yourself what will happen when your baby outgrows it. Will you give it out, keep it in the store or throw it away. Get a rocker that your kid can use in the long run. Such a chair should be one that can become converted to a stationary chair.
Like when going for anything else, you have to consider the cost of the rocker you wish to purchase. Consider your budget and buy one that doesn’t strain you out. While doing so, however, keep in mind that you can never compromise quality over price. The health, comfort, and safety of your baby come first.
The best baby rocking chair is one that doesn’t produce a lot of noise when rocking. You do not want the sound to disrupt everyone’s peace in the house. Your baby may also get frightened by the noise and instead of relaxing while in the rocker, feel unsafe and start crying.
Always consider the safety of your child when selecting a rocker for them. Get one with strong straps to hold the kid secure at all times. Also, the rocker should have a good headrest to protect your little one’s head and neck.
Go for a rocker that is sturdy enough to rock your baby safe at all times. A sturdy rocker will not rock all the way, forwards or backward throwing the baby into the ground. Get one that comes with a strong stand to hold it in position at all times when the baby rocks.
Ensure that you get a rocker with a seat that provides your baby with a comfy incline and surface. The best seat for your child should have an adjustable seat incline. With a good incline, your baby will continue to use the rocker comfortably and for a long time.
The main reason you would go for a rocking chair for your baby is that you want them to relax and get all the comfort he or she requires to remain calm. You thus have to get a rocker that will provide your kid with superior comfort. Such a chair should have a seat with excellent cushioning.
Toys and sounds
Select a rocking chair with light toys made from soft materials to help soothe your baby. As the baby rocks, they can play with the toys, something that will keep them engaged, allowing you to carry out other tasks. You can also get one that comes with music to ensure that your kid gets entertained while rocking.
When purchasing a rocking chair, ask yourself whether you want one that you can only use indoors or outdoors or both. The best rocking chair is one that you can fold and carry with ease to any destination. Such a rocker will enable your kid to have fun and relax at all times, whether at home or when traveling.
Ensure that the rocking chair comes with soothing vibrations with zero noise. This feature will offer comfort and calmness to your child so that it turns out to be his or her favorite resting place.
Check the appropriate age requirement of the rocking chair before purchase. It should have enough room for your infant to grow. The rocker should come with adjustable seat recliners so that it can suit the growing requirement of your child. Also, check its maximum weight capacity so that it is useful to you even when your infant grows into a toddler.
1. Fisher-Price Newborn to Toddler Rocker – Our pick
Are you looking for a rocking chair that will grow with your baby? This chair from fisher price will do precisely that. Excellent for use to both infants and toddlers, the rocker will provide your kid with all the comfort he requires to remain calm at all times.
This rocker is the best when feeding, playing, and also acts as a good resting place for your young one. The rocker has a deep seat and a soft cloth that greatly helps in comforting newborns. The engaging toy bar stimulates the infant keeping him upright at all times to observe the surroundings.
When it comes to cleaning the rocker, you have nothing to worry about since it can get cleaned with ease. As your kid grows, you can convert this rocker to a toddler rocking chair.
Ensure that you get a battery for this rocker for the calming vibrations.
- The deep seat and a soft cloth for comforting newborns
- The rocker is sturdy enough to hold kids of up to 40 pounds
- Noiseless vibrations to soothe and calm your baby
- Colorful toys to entertain and keep your kid busy during playtime
- Removable covers make it easy to clean.
- Sturdy and durable enabling your kid to use it for a long time
- High-quality material makes it reliable and sturdy
- Comes with an instructions manual making it easy to use
- Mild and quiet vibrations soothe and help your baby to relax
- Big toys that appear as if they can hit the baby
- One has to keep on changing the battery
2. Baby Bucket Rocker Cum Reclining Chair – Colorful and Attractive Design
The colorful and attractive design of this multi-purpose chair cum rocking chair makes it appealing to your child. It is suitable for children up to the age of 36 months as it has enough space for your child to grow in. This is a comfortable, rocking chair that is safe to use and easy to wash and maintain over the years.
- It is a multi-functional chair cum rocking chair.
- Features 2 point reclining seats.
- Comes with dangling toys that are removable when required.
- Suitable for children aged: 0-36 months.
- Max weight capacity: 20 kgs.
- Comes with music and soothing vibrations.
- Requires 3 1.5 V batteries (not included).
- Promotes motor reflexes and hand activity.
- The seat covers can be easily machine washed.
- It has enough room to grow.
- Colorful and attractive design.
- It does not come with a handle making it difficult to move around.
3. Toyshine toddler Rocking Chair – Most comfortable baby rocker
This rocker has a shallow profile frame, perfect enough for newborns. In it, your baby will relax and stop being fussy. If crying, expect your baby to relax and feel safe. When your baby appears to outgrow it, all you’ll have to do is extend the frame.
If you want to carry it along when traveling or want the baby to use it outdoors, all you’ll have to do is fold it up and carry it along with you.
The rocker’s high-quality material enables kids to enjoy every moment in it. The good thing is that it can be positioned to a toddler’s rocker or stationary seat and thus won’t go into waste when your kid outgrows it.
This rocker can hold a maximum weight of 18kgs.
- High-quality material that makes the rocker sturdy giving the baby comfort
- Calming vibrations to soothe your baby when uncomfortable
- Has a removable toy bar and won’t interfere with your baby’s nap time at any time.
- Toy bar to keep your baby engaged and entertained at all times
- Easy to fold away and thus portable.
- Strong vibrations that help to keep the baby calm
- Sturdy enough to hold a kid with a maximum weight of 18 pounds
- The bright colored toys keep the baby entertained
- Easy to assemble
- The toys hanging stick is a little weak
4. Samaira Toys Newborn to Toddler Baby Rocking Chair – Best rocker to improve baby’s motor skills
This baby rocker has a low profile frame, the best for newborns but can get extended as your baby grows. The rocker has calming vibrations that enable the child to relax and keep calm at all times. With it, your baby will remain comfortable at all times.
The rocker has a toy bar that holds colorful toys that your baby can play with at all times. You can remove the toys if you want your kid to take a nap and also when you want to carry them along. Your baby will get thoroughly entertained when using this rocker.
You can carry it along when traveling since it’s portable or stores it away with ease if you do not want to use it.
- Has a toy bar that holds colorful toys to entertain the baby
- Calming musical vibrations that enable the baby to master rhythm
- Machine washable thus easy to clean
- Can be inclined to different positions to offer superior comfort to your baby.
- Strong and sturdy enough to hold a baby with a maximum weight of 40 pounds
- Calming vibrations stop a crying baby and lull them to sleep
- Portable and thus easy to carry along when traveling
- Easy to use.
- Comes with no battery and you have to purchase one
5. BAYBEE 5 in 1 Baby Carry Rocker – Best multi-purpose feature
This rocker, certified by the European standard for bay safety remains the best for your kid. When using it, you’ll never doubt the safety of your child at any time. In it, she’ll remain comfortable and relaxed at all times.
This rocker functions in five different ways, as a carrier, baby chair, rocker, recliner and feeding seat. You will thus get to use with your newborn baby until they become toddlers. The rocker will help your baby to sleep peacefully, enabling you to carry out different duties.
The rocker’s lightweight nature makes it possible for you to carry it even when traveling. The rocker also has a Y shaped security belt that holds the baby firmly while rocking.
When rocking outdoors, your baby will never suffer from adverse weather conditions like the scorching sun since it comes with an adjustable shading shed. The rocker also has a detachable cover and thus easy to clean.
- Made from a soft material that enhances comfort
- The rocker’s quilted back support provides your baby with comfort and perfect body posture.
- Functions in five different ways hence good value for your money
- Eco-friendly material for the inner cloth makes it non-toxic
- Sturdy in nature and thus long lasting
- Automatically rocks with the movement of the baby
- Decent cushions keep the baby comfortable and relaxed at all times
- Light in weight and therefore portable
- Quilted seats enhance comfort and protect your baby’s back
- Small in size and may not fit bigger babies
6. Little Olive Ibaby Love Baby Rocker – Equipped with music
This rocker ensures that your baby remains safe and comfortable at all times. The rocker bounces up and down with ease at all times when your kid wriggles. Should you give it a slight vibrating function, your baby will feel as if they are riding a car.
The vibrating function of this rocker gives a massage like feeling. Your baby enjoys the soothing effect and calms down even when fussy. The rocker has a three-point harness belt that fastens your baby securely when rocking.
The rocker comes equipped with different melodious music tunes and rhymes that keep your baby entertained. The rocker also has three hanging toys that keep your baby busy at all times. With it, your baby will be smiling every time you place him on it.
- The rocker comes equipped with different melodious music tunes and rhymes that keep your baby entertained.
- Comes with a three-point safety harness belt to enhance your baby’s safety
- Equipped with music to entertain your kid
- Hanging plastic toys keep your baby playfully busy
- Offers superior comfort to the baby
- Soothes and calms the baby thanks to its vibrating feature
- Reasonably priced
- Very durable as its made from high-quality materials
- Doesn’t come with batteries
7. Aashi Enterprise Cane Art Horse Rocking Chair for Kids – Best durability feature
Are you looking for a unique rocking chair for your kid, one that will add more life to your living room, garden, or lawn? This rocking chair from Aashi will do precisely that. With it, your baby will relax and have all the fun they want.
The chair comes beautifully crafted using seasoned cane using traditional hand tools. Your kid will fall in love with this rocking chair. The chair will beautify your home as well and for a long time since it’s made to last for a long time.
The chair’s paint also lasts for more than two years, and the good news is that you can repaint it as well. For your baby’s extra comfort, get cushions for the chair. The chair comes wholly assembled and thus no assembly required.
The chair is sturdy enough to hold kids of all age groups.
- Made with eco-friendly material and will thus not affect the health of your kid
- Very sturdy and therefore long-lasting
- Long lasting polish makes it look good even after years of use
- Comes fully assembled
- Very well made
- Sturdy and robust and thus suitable for older babies
- Spectacular finish therefore worth the money
- Light in weight
- Not foldable therefore one can’t use when traveling
- No pillows for extra comfort
8. Surprise Plastic Elephant Rocker – Best easy to clean feature
Are you on a tight budget and want a rocking chair to help your baby relax? This chair from Surprise has got your back. The chair comes at a low price without compromising quality. In it, your baby will enjoy all the comfort, keep calm, and get a chance to enjoy his surroundings.
The chair has an extended front to prevent it from tumbling. Your baby will thus remain safe at all times when rocking in this chair. When your kid grows, you won’t have to get another rocker for your baby, all you’ll have to do is adjust this rocker to accommodate him.
The chair comes in radiant colors, suitable for kids. Your baby can use it safely on any flooring.
- Non-toxic plastic and thus won’t affect the health of your baby
- Adjustable seat arrangement and therefore useful even when your baby outgrows it.
- An extended front to prevent it from tumbling
- This rocker is strong enough to hold kids with a maximum of 13kgs in weight.
- Safety bar to keep your baby from falling.
- Light in weight and thus easy to move it around
- Sturdy and thus long lasting
- Comes with an affordable price tag
- Doesn’t tumble because of its extended front
- Requires nuts tightening because it gets loose after some use
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a rocking chair safe for my baby?
Rocking chairs are always safe for babies. What you need to do is ensure that you get the appropriate one to hold your kid’s weight. You cannot get a small rocking chair for your baby and expect them to be comfortable in it. Always the best for your kid.
Another need you need to keep in mind is that, just because you got a rocking chair, it doesn’t mean that you leave the baby on his own as you carry out your errands. Ensure that you put the rocker near you as you carry your daily tasks as this will enable you to monitor your kid at all times.
2. What if my baby rejects the rocking chair?
If you introduce a rocking chair to your kid when still a newborn, the chances of them rejecting a rocking chair are few. Remember that a rocker imitates the sensation that the kid experienced when in the womb whenever the mother walked.
Introducing a rocker at a later stage might be the reason your baby feels uncomfortable in it. You shouldn’t worry about it since with time; he will get used to it.
3. How do I tell that a certain rocker is the best for my baby?
First of all, ensure that you know what your baby likes and avoid getting things for your baby because you want to copy your friend. Babies are different, and what works for your friend’s kid may not work for yours. Also, consider the age of your kid since as they grow, they’ll have different demands meaning that the rocker they used when newborns will be irrelevant when two or three years old.
4. At what age should I introduce a rocking chair to my kid?
As early as when he is still a newborn. Babies enjoy rocking even at their young age. You do not have to wait until they reach a certain age for them to use a rocking chair. All you have to do is ensure that you get the right chair, appropriate for their age.
5. Can I feed my baby while in the rocking chair?
Yes, you can. Most baby rocking chairs are appropriate for baby feeding. All you have to do is recline the seat and position the baby properly for feeding. You, however, have to be extremely careful since a little recklessness can make your baby choke on the food due to poor positioning.
6. When should my baby stop using a rocking chair?
Do you know that even adults use rocking chairs for relaxation purposes? You thus don’t have to worry about when the time when your baby should stop. They should use the chair until they get bored or tired of using it. The rocking chair keeps your baby comfortable even when reading and thus a perfect companion to your child.
7. How do I stop the chair from rocking?
For those chairs that use electricity to rock, all you’ll have to is switch off the power, and you’ll be good to go. Most rockers in the market today come with an on and off switch box that is usually located on the battery box making the process quite easy.
8. Are there chairs suitable only for older kids?
There are different types of rocking chairs, some for younger babies and others for older kids. For example, the baby rocking chair from Fisher-Price in the review suits newborns and toddlers, while the Aashi Enterprise chair suits older kids. So, yes, there are chairs best suited to rock only older kids.
9. Is it safe for my baby to sleep on a rocking chair?
Most rocking chairs provide enough comfort to let your baby sleep peacefully. Some rockers are even the best to use when you need a portable place for your baby to sleep in. Your baby will thus remain safe when sleeping on such a rocker, but you still have to keep on looking after them.
10. What should I do if unable to assemble a rocking chair?
Ensure that you confirm that a rocking chair comes with a user manual before purchasing it. This way, you’ll avoid all the trouble that comes along when trying to set it up. If you still can’t assemble it even with the manual, seek help from a friend or a professional if it deems fit.
Even though pricey, the rocker from Fisher-Price will enable your baby to enjoy all the comfort that comes from its vibrating sensation. Your baby will relax and also stop crying when placed in this rocker. Cleaning it isn’t a problem due to the removable covers, and you’ll be at liberty to carry it wherever you go.
The Olive Baby Rocker, on the other hand, will help your baby to relax and entertain him with musical tunes.
All the baby rocking chairs in this review will provide your baby with the most relaxing experience ever. Select the one that will comfort, calm, and help your baby to relax at all times. Whichever you choose, you’ll have given the best gift to your baby