Best Tape Diapers
As your little one is born, your days and nights become hectic. Your every task revolves around the baby’s routine. Keeping the baby happy and comfortable becomes your utmost priority.
Parents have to frequently check if the baby’s bottom is dry, if not, then to clean the mess and change the diaper to make him/her comfortable. Diapers play an essential role in maintaining hygiene and comforting the baby. Most of the parents opt for traditional or taped diapers during the initial months as they are more convenient.
Here we will talk all about the tape diapers.
Why choose disposable tape diapers
- Tape diapers are suitable for newborns whose umbilical cords have not fallen off yet. The parents can adjust the tape below the baby’s navel as per convenience. Moreover, many diapers have a unique curved waistband that keeps the navel area protected from friction.
- The tape diapers have a soft-touch surface and are suitable for the baby’s delicate skin.
- The tape diapers are preferable for babies that are not active and mostly breastfeeds and sleeps. The use of this type of diaper is easier as the baby can not stand or sit, and the parent can easily put it by lifting the baby’s bottom while the baby lies on its back.
- When it comes to price, the tape diapers are generally cheaper than pant style diapers.
- The tape diapers are suitable for newborns up to the age of 6 months. During this period, the baby defecates several times a day (mostly after being fed). This makes tape diapers more convenient for new parents.
Things to consider before choosing tape diapers
The diaper should have a good absorption capacity that will keep your baby moisture free and dry for a long period. This will keep the diaper rash at bay.
The tape diaper should be comfortable for the baby. The material used should be skin-friendly and hypoallergenic. Breathability is important to consider as it removes stuffiness and moisture.
The tape diaper should be soft and have stretchy sides that fit and adapts the baby’s movements.
How to change tape diapers?
Prepare a new diaper
Spread the diaper and raise the inner gathering that absorbs the pee and poo and helps prevent the leakage. Put the new diaper right below the soiled diaper. Place the top part of the new diaper slightly above the navel.
Open the soiled diaper
Remove the tapes from both the side and dispose of the diaper carefully.
Wipe the baby’s bottom
With the use of wet wipes or wet cloth, wipe away the pee and poo. Ensure that you also clean all the creases where the poo tends to be collected.
Put on the new diaper
Raise and put the new diaper over the baby’s navel. For boys, make sure that the penis is pointing downwards.
Fix the tape
This is an important part as you have to fix the tape carefully; otherwise, there are chances of leakage. Make sure that both sides are symmetrical before securing.
A newborn baby needs more than ten diapers per day, so it is important to go for the one that is extremely comfortable and skin-friendly. Consider the points mentioned above before buying the tape diapers. You can choose the tape diapers by brands like pampers, Huggies, Himalaya, merries, etc.
We would advise you to try the samples by different brands and go for the one that is most convenient for you and your baby.