Best Bathtubs for Baby
Have you welcomed a newborn baby? Are you super excited at the same time nervous to bath your baby? Are you confused about making the correct decision to opt for the bathtub? Want to know the safety precautions?
Bathtubs provide an ideal place for your baby to wash, clean, also to play with toys and splash in the water. One should ensure to use only a small amount of water and clean the bathtub after use. Babies can not sit in the upright position till several months; thus bathtubs come in handy.
Bathtubs help a mother or caregiver to make the baby bath easily without any risk. Just by following simple instructions, the baby bath-time will be enjoyable and fun-filled for both baby and mother or caregiver.
If you are a new parent, then all this might feel a bit overwhelming. We have written about how to use the baby bathtub and what are the different types of bathtubs available. You can then choose according to your needs.
If you are confused about should you buy a bathtub? Then have a look at all the benefits of using a bathtub. You can also read about the precautions to be taken while using an infant bathtub. Below is the comprehensive buying guide, which will help you to make a decision on buying the best baby bathtub.
Top 10 Bathtubs For Your Baby
Best Antislip Tub
How To Use The Baby Bathtub?
As we have different types of bathtubs available, always choose the one which makes you feel and your baby comfortable. Generally, baby bathtubs are smaller in size when compared to adult bathtubs.
Also, it doesn’t require any specific hard mechanism to understand the working procedure. The first and foremost thing is filling the water.
The bathtub which you are using must be clean from dirt and no scratches or no leakage should exist. Fill the water in the bathtub till the water-line.
Next, check the temperature of the water ensuring it is not too hot or cold and is warm. Now, place your baby with one hand below her/his head. Do not remove the hand use another free hand to wash your baby.
If your baby can sit in an upright position then make them sit in a proper position not filling the water above the water-line. Once, you have applied the soap and cleansed them remove the drain plug and allow the water to leave the bathtub. Check out baby bathing essentials here.
If your baby still wants to sit in the bathtub fill the bathtub with adding little by little water, by placing back the drain plug. Allow them to spend some time in the water but be sure that they do not catch a cold.
Now move our baby out from the bathtub and wrap them in a washed towel with a face opening. Wipe the water from their body and dress them neatly.
Benefits Of Baby Bathtub
- Portable- easy to carry in any corner of your home
- Toddler will be in one place
- Water can be used in a restricted way
- It provides a fun time during bathing. So, your baby actually look forward to a bath
- It will be easy for a mother to make a baby bath.
- It provides relaxation time for your baby
Precautions To Be Taken While Bathing Your Baby
- Never leave your baby unattended, alone
- Always check the temperature of the water before letting in – it should be warm but not hot
- Never fill the water above the waist-size of your baby
- Remove the water which will not be in use
- Always clean the bathtub after use
- Moreover, bathtub must be placed on a flat surface
- Also, use mild soap and shampoo for your baby
- Keep all the necessary things like soap, shampoo, towel, scrub in reach before you start bathing your baby
- It is advisable to place the non-skid mat below the bathtub. Make sure that you clean the carpet after you clean the bathtub. Otherwise, the mat will be damp and may attract infection
- Never leave your baby or place your baby under running water
Types Of Baby Bathtubs
Infant baby bathtubs are considered as the foremost bathtubs. They are designed in such a way that the bathtubs have a slope to place the baby at an angle. Many infant bathtubs come with foam sling for providing comfort to your baby. Also, they make the babysit in the correct position.
Mesh sling tubs
Mesh sling tubs are specially designed for a baby who prefers soft texture even in the bathtubs. These kinds of bathtubs are ideal for a newborn baby.
Mesh slings can be removed once your baby no longer needs them and can be used as regular bathtubs. Also, the mesh sling will not make your baby slip in the bathtub.
Luxury bathtubs give an additional spa effect to your baby. Usually, they operate on battery, also it creates vibration and bubbles. These bathtubs have an extendable shower which is easy to wash your baby body.
The shower feature is safe to use just click on the button to activate the shower. Moreover, few luxury bathtubs come with soft headrest. Luxury bathtubs give more relaxation to your baby.
Convertible bathtubs are ideal if you want to use them in the long run. Generally, these bathtubs grow along with your baby. Convertible tubs come with a sling that can be used for newborn to 6 months.
As your baby grows you can remove the sling and use the base tub to bathe your baby. Moreover, they can be adjusted in two or three positions.
Foldable tubs are more convenient during traveling. As they can be folded when not in use. Also, they fit in the adult tub as well as large sinks. Foldable tubs can be used for both infants and grown-up toddlers. After using the tub it can be placed in a wardrobe or cabinet. Also, they can be used as a storage container.
Baby bathtubs to be used in adult tubs
Baby bathtubs are specially designed in an innovative way and convenient way to place them in an adult tub. Moreover, the bottom legs are given protection to avoid slipping.
Few variants of baby bathtubs are designed in such a way that they are foldable when not in use and can be placed in the regular bathtubs while using. These kinds of bathtubs must be stable and standard in quality.
Baby bathtubs to be used in a sink
There are quite different bathtubs in this category. Few bathtubs are designed to provide the baby with extra comfort and made from soft fabric materials. Also, such kind is comfortable to use. Moreover, the bathtubs fit exactly in the sink and the baby is secure in that.
Another kind of bathtubs are made from non-toxic plastic, smaller in size but not foldable and they fit in the sink. This kind of bathtubs is designed especially for newborns and infants when the baby is small.
The bath seats are specially designed for a baby who belongs to 5 months to 10 months. Bath seats can also be used as chairs when not in use. Bath seats provide complete protection to your baby while bathing.
In this kind of bath seat, the baby can sit in an upright position. The base of the bath seats are made strong enough and does not allow your baby to slip.
Standing tubs are ideal when mothers have c-section. They can be adjusted to the height as per the mother’s convenience. Also, they can be placed in any part of the room.
Usually, the stand provided to place the bathtub is collapsible. Hence, when not in use you can remove the stand. Often this kind of bathtubs is used for newborns when the baby weight is not more. Check out the baby weighing machine
Guide To Buy a Bathtub
Based on the vast range of bathtubs available in the market. We have listed out a few points to be considered while purchasing the bathtubs.
Best suited for
The most important factor to be considered while buying the bathtub is “does it suit your baby as per the height and weight.” Bathtubs that are specifically designed for newborns or infants may not suit for a toddler who is two-plus years. They may be overgrown for such kinds of bathtubs.
Bathtubs which are designed for toddlers around two years of age may not suit infants or newborns. Hence, ensure that the bathtub which you are choosing must be ideal for your baby as per their age and height.
Consider which type of material is used in making bathtubs. If the plastic material is used, then it must be non-toxic, harmless, strong. Cushion bathtubs must be made from smooth fabric and sponge used inside must not smell bad. Moreover, bathtubs that are made from cloth-like fabric must not be fragile.
One must consider the weight of the bathtub before buying the bathtub as the weight of the bathtub must not be lighter. However, it will be difficult if the weight of the bathtub is heavy as it will be difficult to carry. Hence, the weight of the bathtub should not exceed 2 or 3 kgs and not lesser than 500gms.
Your baby bathtub must be easy to carry here and there. If you are a frequent traveler, consider foldable type which is more portable than other kinds of bathtubs during traveling. Also, the bathtubs must not get damaged during carrying. However, baby bathtubs are small in size, and they will be easy to carry.
It is one of the important features to be considered while buying the bathtubs. Many bathtubs come with a special kind of temperature indicator. It indicates when the water is too hot.
Few variants of bathtubs have temperature indicator strips which change the color when the water is hot. Few variants of the bathtubs have digital indicators which display the message when the water is hot.
Water capacity it holds
Ensure your bathtub comes with a water-line. This water-line will help to fill the bathtub with the correct level of water. Never fill the water exceeding the water-line.
It is better to fill the water up to the waist of your baby. Choose the bathtub which has enough room to hold the water. Few bathtubs have shallow space even after filling the water till the water-line.
Draining out facility
To maintain your bathtub clean, the draining facility must be good. Usually, baby bathtubs may either have the drain plug at the bottom of the tub or at the sidewalls of the tub. Simply removing the drain plug makes the bathtub empty. Hence, the leftover water can be wiped off or a bathtub can be turned over to remove the water.
The base of the bathtub, as well as the place where your baby sits, must be made from a non-slippery surface. Generally, a soaped baby tend more to slip so non-slippery surface prevent from hurting your baby.
Luxury bathtubs or spa bathtubs come with shower options. Ensure the nozzle of the shower is good enough and the water does not resist inside the shower.
Moreover, many showers can be extended to wash the baby easily. Also, the material used for showers must be rust-resistant. Few bathtubs have an easy feature of activating the shower just by clicking the button.
Ensure that your baby bathtubs are easy to clean, rinse and wash. Also, they must be easy to dry. Wash the bathtub with liquid soap and hot water. Make sure that the tub should not have stains.
Wipe the bathtub with a dry cloth to remove complete leftover water.
How long can it be used?
One must consider until what age you are using your baby bathtub. If you want to use the bathtub for more than one kid then choose the bathtub which is strong and made from high-quality material. Also, ensure that the bathtub is made with good durable material.
Look for the bathtubs that are made from BPA-free plastic, PVC, Phthalate free. Using an eco-friendly bathtub ensures that your baby is having a bath in a healthier environment. Non-toxic baby bathtubs keep your baby secure and safe. Moreover, BPA-free bathtubs can be used for a longer time.
Ease of use
Using the baby bathtub must be easy that includes removing the drain plug to empty the water, filling the water to the water-line, maintaining correct water temperature and cleaning the tub.
Bathtubs that come with the spa effect should not create trouble in using the shower part. Above all the bathtub should not harm your baby while using it.
Ensure the rim of the bathtub must be smooth, otherwise, your baby may have scratches while moving in and out from the bathtub. Few bathtubs come with overhang rim that is quite comfortable to hold the water and carry to your desired location. Be careful not to carry the baby with water in the bathtub.
The mother and the baby must be comfortable with the bathtub. Baby should feel comfortable once they are placed inside the bathtub. Also, a mother should feel easy to bathe the baby in the bathtub. If your baby feels comfortable in the bathtub, they feel fun to have a bath.
Therefore, before buying a bathtub consider all the above mentioned important things.
1. Baybee Amdia Multistage Bathtub Newborn to 18 Month – Dual seater
BAYBEE provides you with tested and good quality products. Also, they have a wide range of collections. Moreover, their products are trusted ones. The categories include baby care, baby toys, nursing & feeding, baby walkers.
This bathtub will make the bathing time fun, safe, and convenient for both the baby and the mom. It is the first smart bath as the way it is designed, keeps the baby in an ideal position, and prevents any kind of accidents.
- A Baybee baby bathtub is safe and convenient to use
- Dual sitting positions helps to avoid slipping
- The shape of the bathtub is made in such a way that it provides support to forearms and legs
- Also, it keeps baby safe and warm
- Drain plug for easy draining and clean up Made from Non-Toxic, & Recyclable Polypropylene.
- Moreover, the bathtub provides enough space for your baby and makes them feel comfortable
- Legs of the bathtub provide good support from moving
- Also, bathtub comes with a space for placing soaps or shampoos
- Look and feel of the product is good
- Excellent quality with a smooth texture
- The bathtub can be used in two ways
- Also, the material used in making the bathtub is strong
- Baby slips if not in the correct position
- The drainage of water is very slow
2. LuvLap Baby Bathtub – Best Antislip Tub
Babies need to be taken care of well in their early years, and they should always feel playful and cheerful. LuvLap Baby Bathtub is suggested for all the parents who are looking for a bathtub for their babies. Since babies need special care, this product takes care of your baby’s gentle skin.
The safety feature which comes along with it makes it one of the preferable options for the users. Let us look at the features of this product.
- The bathtub has been designed specifically for kids and babies. Their protection has been taken care of, especially as the edges are curved, which are safe while taking a bath.
- The design of this bathtub is ergonomic and spacious, which creates ample space for your baby to jump and play while taking a bath comfortably.
- The safety feature has been specially taken care of as the base is anti-slip.
- To prevent the soaps from slipping while taking a bath, this product has an in-molded soap case which proves to be helpful.
- You can quickly drain off the water easily from the plug which is provided beneath.
- It is very light to be carried anywhere you want. The maintenance is also easy, and you need not spend too much time cleaning it.
- The grip below the bathtub is missing
3. Skip Hop Moby Bathtub with Sling – Convertable bathtub
Skip Hop products are beautifully designed, well-curated, and attractive. They have a wide range of categories like diaper bags, Playtime, and toys, Mealtime, Bathtime, and zoo collection.
The sling locks in two positions. First: Higher for full-body support and second: lower for seated support. The slings help babies by providing comfort to those learning to sit. Once your baby learns to sit, you can remove the sling and you can get a full spacious bathtub.
- Mesh Sling can be adjusted in two positions and also locked, one for seated support and others for full-body support
- The mesh supports the baby in a safe position as it has a dual-layer
- The bathtub is easy to clean with provided drain plug
- The material is non-slippery and PVC-free
- Moreover, the sling can be removed when your baby doesn’t need it
- Tub is comfortable
- Mesh of the sling is made of high quality
- Value for money
- The product is available in two colors
- Bathtub size will be small for outgrown babies
4. Sunbaby Bath Tub with Bath Sling Combo – Newborn
Sunbaby India has a wide range of collection of products. Also, they have complete baby care essentials. Moreover, the products are a trusted one. Their products include outdoor, indoor, bath time, playground essential, potty trainer.
- The bathtub is made from non-slippery material. So, the baby is safe
- Also, it is provided with a simple outlet for the water drainage system
- The bathtub also provided with water indicator, so, you can fill the water as per your requirement
- The weight of the product is 2.2kg
- Moreover, the bathtub has a soap case which is embossed in fish design
- It can be used in any bathtubs or adult tubs
- The bathtub is available in attractive colors
- Quality of the product is good
- The sling is comfortable and moreover, the bathtub is spacious
- This tub is portable
- The chair can be used for infants and once they grow out of the chair the bathtub can be used by baby up to 4 years
- Tub does not fit properly
- Not good for newborn baby
5. R For Rabbit Bubble Double Elite The Folding Baby Bath Tub– Foldable
R for Rabbit has very innovative, patented design, Quality, and safety standard certified products. They use safe technologies in manufacturing products. Also, the service provided by them is excellent. They have a wide range of products like strollers, diaper bags, carriers, high chairs, etc.
- The ideal age for using the bathtub is 0 to 3 years with not more than 20 kg weight
- Moreover, bathtub can be used for infants in an inclined position and also for the babies who are capable of sitting without any support
- The color of the plug changes if the water is hot
- Also, user-friendly to carry during traveling by occupying small space when folded
- The legs of the bathtub can be used on any surface that is flat, as the legs are made from non-slippery material.
- Plastic is used for making the bathtub and weighs 3.06 kg
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Good and high-quality product
- The bathtub is portable. So, it can be carried anywhere easily
- It comes with a temperature-sensitive plug.
- The legs have additional rubber grips to hold the bathtub firmly
- Small in size
6. Shnuggle Bath– Easy adjustable
Shnuggle products are designed in such a way that comfortable to use for both parent and baby. Categories included are bath time, sleep time, accessories, etc. Moreover, their products have higher user ratings.
This product is awarded as the best bath time product by mother and baby awards 2017 gold. It comes in an attractive white and pink color. Now make bathing a fun experience for you and your baby with this beautiful snuggle bathtub.
- The bathtub can easily be placed in the sink or on the stand
- It is comfortable to use
- Additionally baby can easily be in a sitting position
- The bathtub has rubber stand at the bottom for safety
- A pink backrest is which is made of foam is comfortable when your baby is in a sitting position
- It has a perfect angle for securing the baby as it is steep enough at back and wide in front. This way baby doesn’t slip or slide around.
- The product is portable to carry
- Moreover, the bathtub is smooth and doesn’t harm your baby
- The bathtub is made from strong and durable plastic
- It is affordable and worth the money
- It is small from back to front and huge from top to bottom which makes it easier to fit in the sink
- The bathtub cannot be folded
- No drain plug
7. Cho Cho European Standard Inflatable Baby Bath Tub – Portable
Cho Cho baby care products are certified and trusted products. Also, their products have good user ratings. Their products include kids/Adults swimming pool, Kids bathtub, baby bathtubs.
This product is suitable for newborn to four years old baby. A separate inflation section is given at the backrest. You can adjust the backrest according to your requirement by blowing more or less air. The same can be done for the headrest, as a separate section is given for headrest.
- Quality of the product is certified as per European standards
- The material used to make the bathtub is BPA free (PVC rubber material)
- Airing the bathtub is the more convenient way with the bottom hook provided
- Also, the bathtub is easy to clean and easy to use
- The product is durable
- Drain plug provided at the bottom is easy to release the water
- Size of the tub is huge
- Quality of the product is good and durable
- The material used is soft and doesn’t harm the baby
- Also, the bathtub is portable, easy to store and carry
- A Storage pouch is attached on the side for soaps and shampoos
- Air doesn’t hold for longer times
8. Costzon Baby Folding Bathtub, Infant Collapsible Portable Shower Basin – Our choice
Costzon Inc. has a wide range of baby products including bathtubs, strollers, blocks, crib, etc. The quality of the products is excellent. Also, products are tested and designed innovatively. Moreover, all their products have good user ratings. Special mesh sling provides infants safe bathing.
It offers versatility and convenience to bath your baby which makes bath time fun, more comfortable, and safer. It is foldable and does not take too much space. Here are the more features of the bathtub.
- The portable bathtub is easily foldable and easy to carry
- Odorless and non-toxic material is used for manufacturing the bathtub
- Ideal age to use this bathtub is six months to three years old
- Moreover, the bathtub is designed innovatively by providing space for storing shampoo and soap that’s come handy
- Also, the legs of the bathtub are from non-slippery material and come with a rubber grip
- Cleaning the bathtub is easy
- Colour of the bathtub is attractive
- Also, has enough space for the baby to use
- Complete water drainage facility with quick access drain plug
- Additionally, the seat position can also be changed
- No negative points were observed so far
9. Intex Whale Spray Pool – Family pool
Intex has a good range of collections of toys, pools, chairs. Quality of the intext kids products are good and also tested
This is perfect for your baby to enjoy the summertime. The size of the pool is so big that the whole family can enjoy the pool.
It can be your personal home pool It comes with a water sprayer. The sprayer is located on the head of the whale, teaching them about the blowhole on the whale.
- The water spray pool is ideal for summer climate
- Also, the material used is PVC
- Moreover, the drain plug at the bottom of the pool is easy to clean and use
- For additional fun, an extra sprayer is attached which is located at the head of the whale
- The swimming pool is spacious, with a good attractive design with images of eyes, mouth, and fins
- Your children’s party will be more fun than ever with this spacious whale spray pool.
- The pool is big, very spacious
- Product quality is excellent
- Can be availed at an affordable price
- Attractive design
- The shower is not steady
- Due to the large size, it becomes difficult to inflate
10. Mee Mee Anti-Skid Compact Baby Bather – Non-slippery
Me ‘n’ moms Pvt Ltd. is one such brand that gives complete care to overall baby essentials. They include nail clippers, soaps, bathtubs, clothes, etc. Also, they maintain high-quality products satisfying both baby and mom. Moreover, the design pattern of their products is very attractive.
It makes bathing time more fun and is makes bathing a unique time to bond with your baby. It provides extra coziness to your baby. It makes the bathing experience easy for the mom and fun for the baby.
- For providing the bathtub with zero toxicity premium quality materials have been used
- The bathtub is portable easy to carry also it is foldable
- A separate pillow is provided for headrest which is soft and comfortable to use
- The base of the seat is made of strong plastic while the frame is from strong metal
- Baby feels comfortable due to the cushioned seat edges
- The strong anti-skid base at the base ensures the bather is stable at all times.
- Good meshy cloth and the water gets drained easily
- Comfortable to use and cozy
- Cushion head ensures that your baby is seated comfortably
- You incline and recline the backrest just by pushing the lock button provided on the base
- Durable product with a compact design which makes it easy to use, store, clean and carry
- If a belt is provided to hold the baby it will be an added advantage
- The size is small
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Safety tips while using a baby bathtub
- Never leave your babies alone while taking a bath. Since they are in their early stages, they do not know how to swim and may get drowned even in less water.
- Check that the temperature of the water in the tub should generally be around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Too cold and too hot water may make them feel uncomfortable.
- Do not fill the bathtub with water thoroughly. Check the depth of the water before putting them inside.
- Buy a bath ring if your baby knows how to sit while bathing.
- Avoid having a bubble bath. Adults may find it relaxing, but it can cause irritation to the baby’s urethra and can also cause infection.
2. How can I disinfect my baby’s bathtub?
You can easily coat all the sides of the bathtub using 1/2 cup of bleach for every 1 gallon of water. This will take extra care of your babies.
3. When can I put my baby in the bathtub?
It is recommended after 10-14 days after birth when your baby’s umbilical cord falls. That is the perfect time when you should put them in the bathtub.
4. How Long Will You Use a Baby Bathtub?
For a newborn baby, 5-10 minutes of bath is enough in the bathtub. Keeping them too long in water can have health issues.
5. Difference between the baby bathtub and baby bath seat?
The baby bath seat straps, suction cups, and seat features could be helpful while baby bathing them in the bathtub. But, all these features give parents a false sense of security because, if by chance your baby slips into the water with their head inside, it becomes difficult for them to move because of the straps. Ensure to be by your baby’s side while bathing.
Baby bathtubs are ‘must and should’ baby care items. Check out other baby essentials here. As they increase the fun for your baby, bathing your baby will become a bit easier. A huge range of baby bathtubs is available in the market, each with its own specified features. You can choose the one which you prefer as per your baby requirement.
However, we have listed out the budget-friendly and premium products after proper research. Those bathtubs are ideal, and if you feel to buy them, just click on the link provided along with the title. R for rabbit foldable bathtub and costzon baby bathtub are our top products from budget-friendly and premium categories.
Also, the information provided in the buying guide is mentioned based on the different product research and user reviews to provide the readers a complete knowledge.
With the proper information, the buyer will feel easy to purchase the product without hesitation. Hopes this article helped.