Best Selling Ankle Weights
Whether you would like to flaunt your sculpted legs in skinny leggings or get the toned and muscular legs like footballers; the ankle weights serve as an ideal fitness tool for lower body workouts.
With ankle weight bracelet, you can tone your glutes, thighs, quads, and hamstrings. It provides effective lower body workout by building resistance, improving endurance, and burning more calories.
These ankle weights come in handy for sportspersons who are recuperating from injured ankle or knees. If you are looking for a great pair of ankle weights, then this article is all you need.
We consider your safety a top priority, and so we have included a guide on “how to use ankle weights safely.”
As you wind up this article, you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions before you make a purchase.
Best Ankle Weights in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Our Best Pick
Best in comfort & durability
Best Budget Ankle Weights
Best for Beginners
Best Budget Sturdy weight
Best Ankle Weights for health Enthusiasts
Best Ankle weights for legs, hands, arms
Best ankle weights for Jogging and walks
Best Yoga Ankle weights
What are the different ankle weight benefits?
Buying ankle weights is one thing; the purchase being worthwhile is different. Even before you decide on the best ankle weight to buy, it is good to know what you stand to gain from the purchase.
Ranging from health benefits to muscular gains to good therapy, here are some of the main benefits of using ankle weights.
- Stronger muscles: Training with weights put on strains the muscle tendons and eventually results in some strong, good looking legs.
- Toned thighs and muscles: By adding some resistance as you train your legs, the muscles are toned and shaped, leading to a better-looking physique.
- Nurse your Injuries: Most physicians recommend using ankle weights for patients recovering from leg or ankle injuries. This informed that adding more weight to the legs as you walk, jog or exercise helps strengthen the leg muscles such as the hamstring, quadriceps, and glutes plus it help in reducing the strain on the ankle.
- Shake off excess weight by burning more calories: The use of ankle weights as you walk or exercise forces your body to use more energy to lift the extra load. The body achieves this by burning more calories which are stored in the form of fats. Eventually, this leads to a loss of weight faster than a person who chooses not to wear ankle weights.
- Build more stamina and improve your endurance: By consistently adding more weight when you exercise, ankle weights compel you to use more force as you exercise, thus coercing your body to build more endurance and stamina. Furthermore, your cardiovascular and pulmonary health will be significantly boosted, leading to a healthy body state.
- Improves water workout: Ankle weights build more resistance as you swim, forcing your body to burn more calories to provide the extra energy needed by the already stressed muscles.
How to safely use ankle weights
Ankle weights are perfect for workouts as they can be used by people of different age groups for different exercises and are easy to carry around. There are a few exercises that you can do wearing the ankle weights for maximum results.
As you prepare to exercise using ankle weights, you will need;
- A yoga mat,
- Some adequate space, and
- Ankle weights, of course.
Ensuring that the ankle weights are of the right weight, 1 to 2kgs, as hefty ankle weights can lead to muscle injuries.
Leg lifts: Lie on the yoga mat and with your hands and palms firmly on the ground. Next, raise and lower the leg with the ankle weight on for about 30 seconds. You can alternate the legs and the movements to spread the effect evenly on the hip area.
Opposite Knee/ Opposite Elbow: With the fingers placed firmly on the head and your back laying horizontally on the yoga mat, do the opposite knee and opposite elbow exercise.
Make sure you keep on inhaling and exhaling as you repeat the movements.
Reverse Curls: This one involves lifting and lowering both legs while lying horizontally on a yoga mat. You must move your back as you lift the legs to ensure you hit the abdominal muscles.
When using ankle weights, always ensure that:
- You start with the lowest weight and gradually progress to heavier weight as you build more resistance and stronger muscles.
- You come up with a good ankle weight routine that will help you monitor your progress.
- You can do various exercises in your workout routine — these range from the open chainsaw exercises discussed above to jogging to swimming to running to simply having a walk.
- You don’t need to wear ankle weights for a long time as this can lead to damaged muscles and ankles.
- You consult the doctor or gym instructor for professional advice on the best ankle weights for you and the best routine to follow.
What options do I have?
For starters, there are two main types of ankle weights: fixed and adjustable.
The fixed models come in one predetermined weight measurement. For example, if it is 2 kg. Ankle weight during purchase, then it remains at 2 kg, and can’t be altered.
The downside of owning a fixed ankle weight is that you will not have the liberty of changing the weights, and resistance, as your training intensifies.
On the other hand, the adjustable ankle weights are flexible and allow you to change the weights progressively. You can modify the resistance as per your needs or physician’s recommendation by adding or removing small weights in the fabric casing.
What to consider when shopping for ankle weights?
Exercising using the right ankle weights will help keep your body in good health and shape. However, choosing the best weights that serve your purpose is never an easy task given the numerous brands in the market.
First, seek the advice of a doctor or a gym instructor on the most suitable ankle weights for you. Professional advice is important before any purchase. Wearing the wrong weights will have little or no health benefits and result in injuries to your ankles and stressed muscles.
- Nature of the weight: You have two choices: adjustable and fixed weights. Fitness enthusiasts recommend the adjustable type — the reason being that you can always change the amount of weight to suit your program, depending on the level of exercise and how intense you want the training exercise to be.On the contrary, fixed weight ankle weights can be a tricky purchase and an expensive one, as you can’t change the weights when your exercise routine becomes more and more intense, hence the need to change the resistance progressively.
- Type of the fabric/materials: Ankle weights come in different materials. The ideal material like mercerized cotton or canvas, feels comfortable on your ankles and can absorb sweat and moisture, thus preventing the weights’ constant sliding during intense exercise. Ensure that the material is easy to clean and dries quickly.
- Length of the Straps: A comfortable fit is key as you work out, especially during those rigorous training exercises. The most common straps are the Velcro straps.Other ankle weights have the hook and loop Velcro system which achieves a tighter grip on your ankles. Ensure that the ankle weights provide a comfortable fit on your ankles and provide some degree of free movement.
- Presence of a Reflective Trim: If you love to go for runs or jogging after the sun has settled, a reflective trim will keep you safe as it will help motorists notice you. This minor feature will save you from accidents by enhancing your visibility on the road as you jog or run.
- Carry bag: A carry bag is essential, especially when you plan to work out later in the day and don’t have the time to go back to your house to get the ankle weights.Most good ankle weights come with a carry bag with adequate space to transport the ankle weights and a pair of socks.
- Your purpose / your needs: Various ankle weights are suited for use in different situations. Some are waterproof and can be used in the water while others cannot.Some weights are too heavy to be used for therapy and are only suitable for bodybuilding training. Your needs should always be defined to make the purchase worthwhile.
1. Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights – Our Best Pick
The Nordic lifting adjustable ankle weights are designed to both last longers and provide a comfortable feel to the ankles when worn. They offer adequate resistance to nurse your injuries and improve your body balance and support.
If you are an athlete, these weights will help you step your energy levels a notch higher by improving your core strength and stability. Whether you are a beginner or experienced, the Nordic lifting adjustable weights will work out just fine for you as they are available in different sizes.
The weights are also very convenient for those who train alone as they come with an instructions manual to guide you in your work.
They can be easily adjusted for use on both ankles, wrists, legs, and hands due to the presence of a Velcro strap.
- Velcro pad, a reinforced padding, and sturdy stitching help switch from arms to legs and provides a comfortable grip on the ankles.
- The weights are made of metal pellets of high density and low volume that offer good resistance and improve your body stamina and strength.
- Features a reflective trim that ensures you remain safe even when exercising after sunset, on roads.
- Comes with a carry bag that conveniently allows you to carry the ankle weights to wherever you go.
- Hand Crafted from high-quality Neoprene.
- They can be easily put on and off because of the velcro closure.
- They are comfortable and durable because of their materials.
- It is a multipurpose fitness tool that can be used on ankles, legs, and hands for results.
- The quality of the fabric could be better.
2. Cosco Ankle Weight – Best in comfort & durability
Cosco ankle weight is a perfect buy for users keen on exercises and workouts to bring out better results in their leg muscles.
It comes in two variants, so you can easily buy one according to your own choice. The material is comfortable and durable for long-term use. Let us have a look at all the features of this product.
- The ankle weight is made up of Lycra and iron sand, which gives it the required weight.
- It comes in a pair of 0—50 kg each for effective exercising.
- The adjustable strap allows you to adjust the weight according to your leg size easily.
- The material is comfortable to be worn while exercising.
- The fasteners and velcro pad allows you to adjust the strap easily and fit according to your wish.
- The velcro closure wore out after some uses.
3. Lifelong Adjustable Ankle Weight
Lifelong Adjustable Ankle weights are designed for performing robust lower body workouts during cycling, running, jogging, etc.
These are suitable for both men and women. These ankle weights help to build lower body strength gradually one step at a time.
These adjustable ankle weights come in 4 weight variants including 1Kg, 2 Kgs, 3 Kgs, and 4 Kgs. These weights provide excellent fitting over your ankle, enabling you to focus on your exercises rather than equipment.
- It features Velcro straps that keep these ankle weights firmly in their place and prevent their sliding or shifting while moving.
- It measures 10 inches in length and 4.5 inches in breadth. This set of ankle weights weighs 0.5Kg X 2.
- These ankle weights are prepared from soft and breathable material that absorbs moisture and provides good air circulation in the ankle region.
- It features a secure loop for the firm and sturdy fitting.
- It has a heavy-duty edge trim that feels comfortable on your legs.
- It is stuffed with 2mm EVA foam that provides improved cushioning.
- These ankle weights fit snugly around your ankles.
- These ankle weights serve as an ideal addition to your fitness regimen by providing resistance strength training for various cardio exercises such as aerobics, yoga, dance, pilates, etc.
- You can also wear these weights for nursing your ankle injuries.
- These weights have velcro closures that provide secure and slip-free placement. You can adjust the grip by tightening or loosening it as per your preferences.
- No negative points were observed.
4. Fitsy Adjustable Ankle Weights – Best for Beginners
The Fitsy adjustable ankle weights are designed to provide comfort and fit perfectly on your leg. The fabric is both strong and reinforced, making it ideal for those guys who love durable items.
They fit perfectly on your ankle due to the presence of adjustable hook and loops straps that can be easily fastened.
The weights’ grip is secured firmly by a D-ring, thus ensuring that they fit perfectly on your ankles. You will be able to move freely as the cushioned flaps safeguard your ankles from injuries or scratches induced by the weights.
The 1kg weight on each ankle provides enough resistance during various exercises, runs, or walks, thus ensuring that you remain in perfect health and improve your body balance.
- Comes with a wide hook and loop for a comfortable grip on your ankles.
- Neoprene exterior comes with strong stitching and a sturdy outer rim making them durable and comfortable to use.
- Sold in pairs with each ankle unit weighing about 1 Kg for maximum resistance and challenge to improve the body strength and stamina.
- Features cushioned flaps that safeguard the ankles and allow a good degree of movement even during the most rigorous exercises.
- They are easy to wear and take off because of their secured D-ring and large hook.
- You can easily adjust the grip of the weights.
- They are best suited for a variety of exercises ranging from aerobics to running.
- The material used could have been of better quality.
5. Aurion Wrist/Ankle Weight Bands – Best Budget Sturdy weight
Looking for a strong pair of ankle weights that will not hurt your paycheck? The Aurion wrist/ankle weights are the perfect choice for you. The product is perfectly stitched, with sturdy strides, and 2 Kgs per weight, making it a very worthwhile purchase.
- The fabric is made of soft polyester and helps to safeguards your skin and ankle from injuries resulting from abrasion and scratches.
- Features contour handles that not only ensure safety but also provide some degree of comfort.
- The weights are sand filled, and the weight is fixed.
- Comes with a 4 kg set, 2 kg each unit, that provides ideal resistance during training for both the pros and the newbies.
- The fabric feels comfortable on the skin and is long-lasting.
- The weights are pocket-friendly considering that the product is very durable.
- It is perfectly stitched and aesthetically appealing.
- The size can be a little bulky
6. TheraBand Ankle Cuff Wrap Weight Set – Best Ankle Weights for health Enthusiasts
The lightweight and comfort are the most preferred cuff by health-conscious and exercise enthusiasts of all ages and fitness levels.
Be assured that these ankle weights will remain on your ankles even during the most strenuous exercises due to the presence of a metal buckle onto which the straps can be angled thus ensuring that they remain in place.
- Comes in pairs with each unit weighing 1.5 pounds each. This provides the resistance needed to improve your lower body strength and balance therapy.
- Reflective trim enhances safety and visibility when training outdoors after dark.
- Presence of soft terrycloth interior that provides comfort to the ankle and absorbs sweat and moisture.
- The exterior features a neoprene fabric with a strap that can be adjusted to fit different ankle sizes.
- Different sizes of the weights are ideal for progressive exercise, starting with the lightweights and heavy loads for maximum resistance.
- A metal loop that ensures they remain firmly on your feet.
- They are comfortable and adjustable because of the neoprene fabric.
- The non-abrasive clothe helps in absorbing the moisture while working out.
- The terry water cloth is not waterproof and thus not ideal for water-based exercises.
7. JoyFit Ankle Weights – Best Ankle weights for use on legs, hands, arms
The JoyFit wrist/ ankle weights are perfect for use during workouts at home, walking, jogging, core training, cross-training, aerobics, and the gym. Their lightweight design makes them ideal for people who love to put on weights as they run or jog.
The grip on the ankles or arms is tight due to velcro closure straps that prevent them from sliding. These are wearable weights because of the less weight.
They are flexible and can stretch to accommodate a variety of arm and leg sizes. These ankle weights can be used on both legs, hands, and arms.
- They weigh 1 kg per pair that is 0.5 kg per weight unit, providing resistance and improve your body fitness.
- The fabric is spongy and stretchy, which provides maximum and also fits on varying ankle sizes.
- They have velcro closure straps that ensure a tight grip on your ankles and arms.
- The presence of a thumb hole prevents them from spinning.
- Ideal for Walking, Home Workouts, Jogging, Cross Training, Aerobics, Core Training, Gym, etc.
- They can be used alternatively as wrist, arms, and leg weights.
- They are easy to wear and remove.
- Its breathable material feels very comfortable when put on.
- Great option or beginner as it is pocket-friendly
- The velcro closure straps have shady stitches.
8. JBM Ankle Weights Sand Filling – Best ankle weights for Jogging and walks
The JBM adjustable ankle weight set retails at different weights per pair ranging from 0.9 kg to 1.4 kg to 2.9 kg, thus offering different resistance as per your needs.
The sturdy and durable double velcro straps ensure that they fit perfectly on different sizes of legs, whether big or small, and don’t keep on sliding as you exercise, walk or swim.
You will use these adjustable ankle weights for longer periods as the heavy canvas provides a strong and durable casing for lightweight iron sand.
The iron sand itself is designed to have a very high density and low volume, making this pair of weight comfortable to use.
- The weights have heavy canvas material and are sand-filled, which improves the resistance.
- It is equipped with double velcro straps.
- Good quality buckles, that prevent the weights from sliding on your feet.
- Each ankle weight has 4 sand pockets that can be added or removed to adjust the weight needed according to the workout, making it a highly versatile tool.
- Ideal for gym resistance training, burn calories and fat and enhance body muscles.
- They can be adjusted to different weights for different exercises.
- Easy to clean as you can remove the weights for hygiene purposes.
- They are sturdy and durable.
- They fit loosely, especially on people who have moderate ankles or calves.
9. Plumcot, VVN, Ankle Weight – Best Lightweight
The Plumcot VVN ankle weight is a good bargain for looking for lightweight ankle weights at a very affordable price.
They come in pairs each weighing 0.5 Kg each unit, totalling 1 kg, a weight that offers adequate resistance as you work out towards rehabilitating muscles, as well as for good physical therapy.
- Neoprene exterior, a strong outer rim, and a strengthened outer rim make the ankle weights very durable.
- The presence of a hook and loop fastener that is adjustable can be made tighter or loosened for the perfect grip.
- Delivered as a pair with each unit weighing 0.5 Kg, totalling 1 Kg, thus providing adequate resistance for home workouts, rehabilitation of muscles, and enhanced body balance.
- Its reinforced stitching offers durability.
- Easy to put on and off because of its adjustable hooks
- It can be used for multiple exercises, home workouts, running, and jogging as well.
- No negative points were observed.
10. Nayoya Ankle Weights Set– Best Yoga Ankle weights
They are best suited for use during yoga or during routines that need a bit more work. They also come in handy for people who prefer to exercise walking due to their lightweight design.
You don’t have to worry about them sliding on your feet as they come with sweat absorbing cloth covers. The velcro closures also ensure that the weights have a firm grip on your ankle, thus no sliding.
- They weigh 1.4 kg, that is, 0.7 kg each weight, which provides resistance and improves the workout session’s effectiveness in improving the body’s well-being.
- Comes with a travelling bag that can be used to carry both the weights and some socks.
- Its velcro strap ensures a great hold of the weights on your ankles.
- They are soft, comfortable, and don’t chafe the skin on the ankles.
- Easy to adjust the weights and can be used on both wrist and ankles.
- They come with an appealing design that will look great on you.
- The weight does not fit securely enough.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ankle Weights.
1. Is it right to walk with ankle weights?
Ankle weights are not recommended for users while brisk walking.
It could increase the energy you burn while walking and cause strain in your ankle joint and leg muscles, making you prone to injuries.
2. What are the benefits of ankle weights?
Ankle weights are used to increase your endurance. When you add more weight to your ankles, you have to exert extra force than usual, which will increase your endurance.
Leg raises can help you tone your leg, but the results would be far better if you add further resistance to it. Using ankle weights can help you see the results even faster than any other method.
As you are applying more force due to the addition of weight, you have to use extra energy to do work, which will result in the burning of calories. It helps you to develop muscles such as the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes.
3. How do I know if an ankle weight will fit me?
Most ankle weights are designed with a universal size. This means that they will fit most people inclusive of men, women, and children.
Some even have straps that can stretch in case you have thick ankles. It is important that you always choose ankle weights with a long strap as ill-fitting weights can lead to abrasions or worse, injuries.
4. Which is the best-suited weight for me?
You should talk to your doctor or gym instructor before you purchase any weights. They have the knowledge and expertise to examine your needs and recommend a suitable weight professionally.
That being said, you can always start with a small weight, for instance, 500 gms. And then advance systematically to the next weight that is most comfortable to use. Don’t start with hefty weights as you risk hurting your ankle as well as your lower body muscles.
5. Can I go about my daily activities even when I have worn the ankle weight?
Absolutely. It is highly recommended, especially if you are a very busy person and don’t have the time to sit down and do some exercises and training.
Walking with the ankle weights put on will add to the resistance and help you burn down the excess fat and keep the muscles and your stamina in good health.
6. Will ankle weights help me build stronger muscles?
When you wear ankle muscles, the extra weight forces the muscles, especially abdominal muscles and those in the lower body, to grow bigger in response to the challenge of a heavier load.
Any tissue in the body that is challenged to do more work grows bigger in the long run.
7. How do I know if an ankle weight is durable?
Different ankle weights have different lifespans due to the material, the type of the weights themselves, and how you use them.
Most durable ankle weights have a strong fabric, are made of iron metal solid or metal, and have safety straps to ensure they have a firm grip on your ankles. A good quality ankle weight can easily last 2 years even with regular use.
8. I intend to wear my ankle weights for more than 5 hours a day upon purchase. Is this healthy, or is it wrong?
When worn for long hours, ankle weights have the potential to cause injury to your ankles and joints due to too much strain. It is recommended that you put them on for a shorter time like when you train or take a short walk.
The trend of using ankle weights for achieving toned thighs and muscles is catching up fast. It helps in improving your endurance level and boosting your stamina. Doing workouts with ankle weights strains your muscle tendons and results in stronger and beautiful legs.
It is an excellent fitness tool that burns your excess calories by forcing you to use more energy for lifting extra loads or weights. It makes up an ideal addition to your fitness kit.
The key thing is ensuring that the ankle weights are durable, fits your needs and budget. We recommend Nordic Lifting Adjustable Ankle weights, JBM Adjustable Ankle Weights Wrist Leg Weights, and AURION Wrist/Ankle Weights.