Best Motorized Treadmill For Weight Loss
Treadwheels were introduced as a punishment in the earlier days, but treadmills have proved to be a boon for this generation. Jogging and running have their benefits. From keeping high blood pressure at bay to keeping us fit, running is something that we inculcate into our lives for a better us in a better tomorrow. But we tend to let laziness have its effect on our bodies sometimes when we have to hit the gym or step out of the house. To overcome this, Treadmills are something that we can run on, staying in the same place.
Motorized treadmills are now a part of every healthy family. With the pace you want, treadmills are real heroes to be burning down calories and laziness. Without worrying about the climate outside, brisk walking and jogging on a treadmill is an easy way to complete the necessary aerobic activity.
Of all the huge types of equipment in the gym, treadmills are the easiest to use. With its flat and even surface, you do not have to worry about hitting a bus, tripping over a rock or running into your ex-friend in a park. With the motorized features and digital monitors, you can keep track of your progress and later appreciate yourself with a low-fat cupcake, making your heart happier. ( Also refer Weight Loss Machines for healthy and fit body )
Table Of Contents
- 1 Types Of Treadmills
- 2 Motorized Treadmill Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Top 10 Treadmills In India
- 3.1 Sole Fitness F63 Treadmill
- 3.2 2. Afton Fitness AT96 Treadmill
- 3.3 3. Powermax Fitness TDA-225 2HP (4HP peak) Multifunction Motorized Treadmill
- 3.4 4. Quantico Treadmill with Auto Lubrication & Auto Inclination
- 3.5 5. Healthgenie 6in1 Motorized Treadmill
- 3.6 6. Afton Motorised Treadmill BT19
- 3.7 7. Energie Fitness EHT-100
- 3.8 8. Durafit 001 Sturdy Motorized Foldable Treadmill
- 3.9 9. Powermax Fitness TDM-97 Motorized Treadmill
- 3.10 10. Kobo TM-201 Motorized Treadmill
- 4 Conclusion
Types Of Treadmills
- Manual Treadmill
If you think hard work pays off, the manual treadmill will extract your energy. Manual Treadmill comes along with a belt which relies on the speed you run in. It is a safe and simple machine for which your legs act as a motor.
With the complex electrical components out of your way, they are smaller and weigh lesser compared to the motorized treadmills. If you are high on saving money, the manual treadmills are cheaper with minimal maintenance cost and refrain from dropping your jaw after looking at the electricity bill.
However, with the uneven pace and a more strenuous workout, it is less comfortable, burning down more of your energy than calories.
- Motorized Treadmill
This is effective as the motor controls the belt, setting a steady pace. The horsepower, being one of the biggest factors, motorized treadmill should have at least 1.5 CHP (Continuous Horse Power).
They possess more options and features than the manual treadmills. Instead of focusing on getting the right pace, you can focus on more important things. It comes in with a lot of features that help you keep a track on your physical performance, motivating you to try harder and burn more.
However, being an electrical treadmill, it sure does consume electricity but is more efficient if you’re focusing on efficiently burning calories. They are easier to use and have numerous built-in workout programs that would be a motivation to keep the diseases and calories away.
Motorized Treadmill Buyer’s Guide
With its great progress in maintaining health and fitness, treadmills come under the most extensive varieties. This leaves you with a lot of options and here is what you should look for:
We are aware of the two main types of treadmills – Manual and Motorized. While a manual treadmill is more pocket saving and eco-friendly, a motorized treadmill is more concentrated on upping your fitness scale. It is difficult to get a manual treadmill started as you use your legs to move the belt. This would leave a strenuous effect on your joints, leaving you tired before you start to run. However, on a motorized treadmill, a button is all that it takes, displaying all its features.
Consider the amount of space you would want the treadmill to take up. If there is no standard place where you want to work out, you may consider buying a Folding Treadmill.
The weight of the user
Using a treadmill in the initial days sounds exciting but expecting exceptional results also counts. It would be highly productive if you choose a treadmill with a maximum user weight of at least 20 kilograms greater than the heaviest user.
For better results, you need to work hard and what more than running or jogging uphill? This can be done by just pushing a button on a motorized treadmill, and you can adjust the inclination.
This is the heart of the treadmill that will help keep heart diseases away. There are two types of motors – AC motor and DC motor.
The AC motors are more powerful than the DC motors but have large power requirements. In a household treadmill, DC motor would run mostly by generating energy from batteries and will provide a steady operational speed. DC motors require less power and electricity.
Treadmill motor energy is measured in horsepower. Peak HP is the highest point that a treadmill can reach but cannot sustain. Continuous HP is the HP that the motor can sustain for long use without issues. When looking at motor HP, always look at the continuous HP.
For walkers: a 2.0 horsepower continuous duty motor will suffice.
For joggers: 2.5 horsepower continuous duty should be the minimum.
For runners: 3.0 horsepower continuous duty or higher.
A person weighing more than 85 kg may opt for a treadmill with high horsepower for its smooth functioning.
The belt is what gets you running so the best quality would yield best results. 18 mm thickness is a good width for any treadmill to last long. There are belts which are reversible, using them will make the life of the belt twice of its normal life.
If you want to be healthy, it should start with being safe. Accidents can always occur with exercise equipment and the treadmill is no exception. A good treadmill should have good safety features built in. When you change the speed while on a treadmill, the change should happen gradually, not drastically.
The magnetic key is also an important feature. It is a key attached to the treadmill with a magnet and attached to the key is a string which you should attach to your body before running. In the extreme case that you are exhausted and can’t keep up, the key will snap and the treadmill will stop.
Top 10 Treadmills In India
Sole Fitness F63 Treadmill
This smart treadmill allows users to handle their workout data on their phone through the Bluetooth facility. The wheels on the treadmill can be used to move it around easily. The F63 has strong 3 HP continuous motor with 5-12 mph speed. It comes with a color LCD display, cooling fans, large stopwatch and 6 preset programs.
- 5-12 mph speed
- 15% inclination
- Rack & Pinion Gear Design
- 3 CHP motor
- DC Type
- Running Surface: 20″ X 60″
- Bluetooth technology
- Motor warranty – 5 years
- Due to its user capacity and high horsepower, any person can run smoothly on the treadmill.
- The running area provides a larger surface for safety measures.
- The high-speed range would let you push your limits and try harder.
- The different levels of elevation range will surely make you work harder.
- Very durable and reliable equipment
- Doesn’t make noise
- The Bluetooth technology lets you keep a track of your performance on your smartphones.
- The brand might be quite attractive but the price is not.
- The batteries do not come along, making you spend some extra cash.
- Space should be taken into consideration as it sure does take up a lot of room.
2. Afton Fitness AT96 Treadmill
The smoothly running treadmill has a running belt made with a PVC non-slip surface and the rollers are precision-machined, reducing the noise. These features favor it to be a home treadmill. The high-quality speakers throw boredom away and the 5.5 LCD display shows time, speed, distance, calories, pulse rate etc keeping you attentive. It is power efficient. It reduces the risk of injuries as it comes along with powerful shock absorbers.
- 4HP peak motor.
- Cushioned deck
- Running Area: 55 X 20 inches / 1397X 508 mm
- Run Belt: Multi-ply polyester satin weave with a PVC non-slip surface of the 1.8mm thickness
- Multi LCD Display – 5.5 LCD(118*67mm)
- 2.5HP continuous duty (CHP) DC motor
- 130kg weight capacity
- 15% inclination
- 1-year warranty
- It consumes less electricity.
- It makes less noise and is smooth to run on.
- It can withstand body weight up to 130kg.
- The superior quality speakers are used for entertainment.
- Mostly used in homes rather than commercial purposes.
3. Powermax Fitness TDA-225 2HP (4HP peak) Multifunction Motorized Treadmill
This treadmill comes in as a boon to multitaskers. It can be connected to the internet through WiFi, has a 7-inch color touch display showing all the required details. The most appreciable fact about this treadmill is that it comes along with an option for massage, dumbbell, sit-ups, and twister. The additional support for AUX and USB input for music play will help you stay entertained.
- 2 HP continuous green efficient DC motor
- 15% auto incline
- 115 kg weight capacity
- 14 km/h speed range
- Shock spring technology
- Double layer running board
- 1220 x 430 mm /48 X 17 inches running surface
- Aux and USB input
- Wheels for transportation
- Auto lubrication
- iPad holder
- Bluetooth connection
- Internet connection
- LCD display
- Lifetime Frame Warranty, 3-year motor Warranty, and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty.
- It provides a smooth movement which is very helpful while running.
- With the large running surface, the wheels for transportation are found to be useful
- It is always accompanied by entertainment which is just a click away.
- The auto lubrication reduces the work of the user.
- The elastic part of the product might be damaged during transportation.
- A power failure causes the belt to stop suddenly which has its obvious effects.
- If accelerated up to 14 km/h, it might cause a smell.
4. Quantico Treadmill with Auto Lubrication & Auto Inclination
The six-level shock absorption reduces any risk of knee injuries. It is simple to install and operate. The options for ready-made exercise plans make it helpful and useful for a home workout. The 5-inch display shows many options like speed, calories, heart rate, etc. For non-stop music for a non-stop workout, you can plug in your iPod or mp3 device into the console sound system.
- 2HP continuous horsepower with 4HP peak
- 15% inclination
- 1260mm x 420mm, 50 x 16.5 inches running area
- 1 Km/hr-14Km/hr speed
- 115 kg maximum user weight
- MP3 player plugin
- 10.1-inch color display
- Auto lubrication
- Auto inclination
- Six level shock absorption
- 12 programmes
- Lifetime frame warranty, 3-year motor warranty, and 1-year parts and labor warranty
- The auto-lubrication, auto-inclination, and a powerful motor are something that surprises the price.
- The console system helps you stay motivated with your workout playlist.
- Saves space because of folding, simple to install and operate.
- Functionally well and easy to operate.
- The lack of a pause button makes you restart the whole program.
- The running area is too small for the price.
- The belt is small in width which is favorable for walking only.
- No wifi connectivity.
5. Healthgenie 6in1 Motorized Treadmill
This can also be described as a treadmill for the family. With its easy installation processes, the DC motor can run continuously for a period of 45 minutes. The premium speaker system that comes along keeps the workout interesting. It is user-friendly that comes along with an excellent massager. It is easy to assemble and the noiseless motor does justice to the speaker system.
- 123.5 X 42 Cm running surface.
- 2HP motor power.
- A resistance tube.
- A set of dumbbells.
- 1-14 Km/Hr speed range.
- 110 kg user weight
- 12 programs
- Warranty: Frame- 3 Years, Motor- 1 Year And Other Parts- 1 Year.
- The family and user-friendly treadmill attract the attention of every member of the family, keeping all of them healthy and fit.
- Easy installation.
- Excellent packing.
- Dumbells and resistance tube is of good quality and very useful.
- Noiseless motor.
- The paint on the belt wears off with time.
- The spanner comes of a different size.
- No inclination option.
6. Afton Motorised Treadmill BT19
Afton, being one of the best brands in the fitness industry, focuses on health and fitness. This treadmill does justice for the price and features. It comes with a 2HP Continuous DC motor with speeds up to 14 km/h, 3-level manual inclination and auto lubrication. Knee injuries can be kept at bay because of the big spring absorption and cushion feature.
- 2HP Continuous DC motor
- Speed Range: 1-14 km/h
- 3 level inclination
- 115 kg maximum user weight
- Aux and USB input for music
- Auto lubrication
- LCD screen display
- Powerful shock absorbers
- Smooth stop system
- 1-year warranty
- It is easy to install.
- The smooth stop system reduces the risk of injuries.
- The run belt comes with a multi-ply polyester satin weave with a PVC non-slip surface of 1.8mm thickness.
- The steel crowned rollers keep belt centered and running smoothly to reduce noise and wear. \
- The treadmill does not provide a high inclination.
- It has a limited user weight capacity.
7. Energie Fitness EHT-100
With a 1.75 HP DC motor and a speed range of 1 to 12 km/h, this treadmill has all it takes for a proper cardiovascular workout. With its exceptional features, the budget can be compromised. It has a low-noise DC motor and PWM motor speed controller with unique silica gel damping. The double layer running board helps maintain grip and reduces friction. It is foldable with many more exciting features.
- 1.7HP DC motor with 3.5HP peak.
- Double layer running board
- 1 to 12km/h speed range
- MP3 and USB input with high-quality speakers
- PWM motor speed controller
- Auto-lock function
- 100kg maximum user weight
- 1-year motor Warranty, and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warrant.
- Pocket-friendly with great features.
- The double layer running board makes the surface strong and durable.
- The safety stop option reduces injuries.
- There is no inclination.
- The maximum user weight is comparatively less.
8. Durafit 001 Sturdy Motorized Foldable Treadmill
Like the name suggests, it is a durable machine for everyday use. The programs may be selected by the users depending on the kind of workout. It has a 1.25 Hp continuous duty and the target-chasing mode helps you set a goal and achieve it. Mostly preferred by the older people in the family, it is proved to be safe and easy to handle.
- 1.25 HP continuous duty DC motor.
- 48 x 17 inches, 1220mm x 420mm running area.
- 1.8mm belt thickness.
- 110kg maximum weight
- 1.0-14 km/hr speed range.
- 3 level manual inclination.
- Vertical hydraulic folding system.
- Emergency stop key with a smooth stop system
- Friction coating.
- Ample running area.
- The grip is held strong by the special friction coating area.
- The emergency stop key comes along with a smooth stop system that reduces the risk of injuries.
- The 100 percent silicone oil is a very good lubricant.
- Is convenient only for domestic use.
- Heavier than the other treadmills.
9. Powermax Fitness TDM-97 Motorized Treadmill
This satisfies the term ‘cheap and best’. The features do justice to the cost and the user. The 5.5 inch LED display shows Speed, Time, Distance, Calories burned and Heart rate. With a maximum user weight of 100kg, not everyone can fit in. The 12 preset programs help in the overall workout.
- 1.0 HP Continuous GREEN efficient DC Motor
- 1.0 to 10 km/h speed range.
- Pulse sensor
- 1015 x 405mm / 40 X 16 inches running surface
- 12 preset programs
- 5.5 inch LED display
- Lifetime Frame Warranty, 3-year motor Warranty, and 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- It is pocket-friendly.
- The preset workout programs are useful for beginners.
- It mainly focuses on the health aspects.
- The less speed restricts from continuous running in high ranges.
- At higher speeds, the belt may slip.
10. Kobo TM-201 Motorized Treadmill
Kobo is one of the most popular brands in exercise equipment. They focus on delivering a good quality for the betterment of people. The good performance is what draws the attention and it has many added features that support a good workout. It can be manually inclined and is foldable.
- 2 H.P. (peak) DC motor
- 3 level manual incline
- 1-14 km/hr speed range
- 1200 mm x 420 mm running belt surface
- MP3 speakers with AUX input
- 120kg maximum user weight
- LCD display
- Rubber cushion system
- It has a good performance and is pocket-friendly.
- This specifically helps in the cardio-vascular workout.
- The maximum user weight is quite sufficient for the price.
- The treadmill running board is not very strong.
- The motor makes noise after a few months.
- Assembling the parts might be a hindrance sometimes.
Treadmills have a lot of advantages regarding your health and fitness. Whether to keep your heart healthy or your muscles toned, treadmills are a must-have in every home. The main thing to focus on while buying a treadmill is your budget according to which you can match the horsepower, features, speed range and inclination.
If you are a dedicated athlete, passionate towards running, then the higher range of treadmills is what you should opt for. Brands like Sole Fitness and Powermax come in handy here.
If you are hoping on staying fit by losing weight and keeping your health intact, Afton and Healthgenie come along with great features pricing themselves between 30000 to 50000.
If you are only focusing on the cardiovascular workout by walking and jogging, the treadmills below 30000 like Kobo TM 201 or even brands like Powermax have found to be very useful.
Buying yourself a treadmill will certainly lead to a happier and healthier tomorrow.
More Buyer Guides and Reviews