Top 10 Best Running Shoes in India
Running makes you happy and healthy. It generates the heart-warming feeling of pure joy that completely de-stress yourself.
Whether you do early morning jogging, do rounds of the stadium as part of a fitness routine, or simply sprint into the silence of woods, it liberates you and awakens the fighter within.
All you need is a pair of high-quality running shoes for healthy, fulfilling, refreshing, and comfortable running.
With the ever-increasing number of shoe stores and brands competing hard for your undivided attention, running seems far easier than selecting the best pair of running shoes.
Top 10 Best Running Shoes in India
Best running shoes buyer’s guide
The frequency of your running sessions determines the kind of shoes you need.
If you run 4-5 times a week, you are an intense runner who needs footwear with excellent cushioning and support for ensuring maximum comfort.
On the other hand, if you run 1-2 times a week then you should choose basic shoes with normal cushioning and support.
If you are a long-distance runner who runs at an average speed of 10-12 km/hrs, you need footwear with good cushioning for ensuring maximum comfort and reducing the shock waves effect.
Moreover, long-distance running requires footwear that provides good stability for supporting the feet throughout the distance. Choose lightweight shoes with a dynamic design that boosts long-distance running.
In case you run short distances at fast speed during your running or training sessions, you need an ultra-light and fast shoe for clocking in the best running time.
Choose the shoe, depending on the intensity of your running and training session.
Although you may be aware of your shoe size number, the different brands may vary in the length of their shoes.
Always confirm if your shoe size fits comfortably by physically inserting both your feet in the shoes.
Also, choose the shoes that have more extra room because, with more running, your feet require more space.
Apart from the length, you should also consider the width of your foot while choosing a shoe. Some runners have wider feet while others have narrower feet.
Wearing a narrow shoe for a wider foot would result in foot injuries and blisters. Similarly, wearing a wider shoe for a narrow foot would not be a perfect fit.
Choose your shoe as per the width of your feet. For wider feet, select a pair of running shoes with a wider sole.
Check your body weight
Your body weight also plays an important role in your running as with every step forward, you exert twice or thrice of your body weight onto your muscles, joints, and feet.
If you are overweight, you must have running footwear with excellent cushioning for properly absorbing the shock waves. This will avoid them being transferred to your feet and joints and prevent causing immense pain in joints and heels.
Check your stride
Before buying yourself a pair of running shoes, check out your stride. There are three different types of strides, and each such stride or pronation requires a different set of shoes.
Neutral: During running, if your heel hits the ground before your forefoot and toes, you have a neutral stride. This stride is marked by the even distribution of complete bodyweight on the feet during the running.
For such strides, choose the running with better heel cushioning and medium support.
Over-pronated:? During running, if your inner heel strikes the ground before your big toe, you have an over-pronated stride. This stride causes your foot to roll inwards and present difficulties in balancing and stabilizing the body.
For such strides, choose the running shoes that provide excellent stability and movement controls.
Under-pronated: During running, if your outer heel hits the ground before your little toe, you have an under-pronated stride. This stride causes your foot to roll outwards.
For such strides, choose the running shoes that provide excellent cushioning and flexibility.
Check your running track
The running tracks vary widely and can be categorized broadly into plain surface running, rough surface running and indoor/treadmill running.
The shoes for each type of running surface are designed differently to meet the differing requirements of runners.
Plain surface running: For such plain surfaces like roads, you need running shoes with excellent cushioning, stability, and flexibility, according to the runner’s stride.
Rough surface running: For such rough surfaces like hills, upside, and downside natural terrains, you need running shoes with excellent support and stability.
These shoes should also have a rugged sole and traction for protecting feet from rocks and providing better grip correspondingly.
Treadmill/indoor running?: For treadmill/indoor running, you need shoes that are lightweight, flexible, and feature ventilated soft soles.
Your running shoes should have proper ventilation so that you don’t feel sweaty often during long-running sessions. Running with wet shoes may make you feel heavy and uncomfortable.
Look for the shoes with sufficient vents and breathability for uninterrupted running.
The material of your shoes determines its durability and ability to handle the rough terrains. Moreover, your running shoes may need frequent cleaning.
Choose a pair of running shoes that are easy to clean, breathable, lightweight, and yet robust enough to serve you for long periods. The running shoes prepared from synthetic leather are the best.
The upper refers to the area of running shoes above the sole. It comprises knitting with layers of fabrics and mesh held together by sewing and gluing for creating an upper that is stretched over the shoe area or support it in various places.
Choose running shoes that have an upper that is shaped similar to your foot. Ensure it feels smooth on touching and not gives the impression of binding or grating.
The ankle collar refers to the collar shaped wrap at the top and back of the shoe. It is tasked with holding the heel down in its place. It may be thickly padded in some shoes.
Insert your feet inside the shoes and notice how your heels and ankles feel.
Reject the shoes if your heel slips or padding is pressed hard against the bones on the side of ankles, or even the curve on the back seems uncomfortable on your Achilles tendon.
The heel counter refers to a cup layered structure present inside the rear foot for supporting the heel. It is designed to keep your heel in the center for stable landings and support while running.
As the heel counter does not play any part in controlling motion, some shoes do away with it for allowing ample freedom of motion.
Consider running shoes with a heel that permits effortless movement of ankles.
Check the running shoes for cushioning materials used to minimize the impact shock of a heel strike during running.
The midsole material is designed for providing the cushioning effect. To ensure shock-free landing.
Some shoes have rounded outer heel or softer areas on the outer edge of the foot.
Look for running shoes that offer ample cushioning and stability.
Wear them and see if the shoe is touching down and rising into the stride in a rhythm that seems ok.
Flex Grooves and Toe Spring
Understanding the mechanics of your shoes is crucial for ensuring how its different components work seamlessly for providing comfortable running.
Toe spring refers to the action of turning the toe up by bending your foot. It uses flexible grooves under the ball of the foot. These grooves offer the flexibility to the foot to roll through the stride.
You should check the flexibility of shoes to determine what degrees of flex work optimally for your stride.
The saddle refers to the area inside shoes that are covered under the arc between the ball and the ankle of the person’s foot. It holds the shoe firmly on foot by interacting with the laces.
The shoe brands have designed various lacing systems and eyelets for molding the saddle to match any foot shape. Choose the running shoes with a saddle that perfectly fits and securely holds your foot.
The toe box refers to the upper areas of shoes that stretch from the front of the eyelets to the end of the shoe.
Choose the running shoes with a toe box that does not rub against your toes and permits your foot to flex and spread out across its length and breadth.
Check out the slip-resistant features of your running shoes.
A good pair of running shoes has a robust slip-resistant and strong grip mechanism that prevents you from slipping while running and also avoids injuries caused by slipping on wet tracks.
The wiggle room refers to the space between the longest toe of the foot and the front of the shoe.
Choose the running shoes that have at least a thumb-size wriggle space to allow ample movement of the longest toe.
The midsole comprises a foam or other cushioning material that spreads between the outsole and the upper. It provides a cushion to the runner against shock and impact forces that occur during shifting weight and pushing off at forefoot.
It also serves to guide the foot through the stride during running.
Check the thickness and material of the midsole to ensure that it provides appropriate cushioning during running. Ideally, it should be lightweight and yet not too soft.
The forefoot cushioning is designed for protecting the foot structures. It uses the materials and design for protecting as well as moving the foot during running.
Choose the running shoes that strike a good balance between cushioning comfort and a rigid push-off mechanism.
Supporting and stabilizing features
The running shoes come with many supporting and stabilizing features that prevent your foot from over-pronation or rolling inwards.
Even though everyone does not require pronation correction, these features allow runners to keep their preferred movement path.
Choose the running shoes that permit comfortable and natural foot movement through the stride with the help of its supporting and stabilizing mechanism.
When you step-in your shoes for the first time, you feel the initial comfort of the removable pad of foam, called sockliner.
It is designed to cushion the shape of your foot’s bottom and provides arch support in combination with shoe geometry
Choose the shoes that feel comfortable with appropriate support and cushioning.
The outsole refers to the area of the shoe that strikes the ground. It is prepared from a variety of rubber or foam materials that are positioned for enhancing the flexibility and preventing the wearing of shoes.
Check the outsole materials of the running shoes to ensure they offer excellent grip and durability without adding excess weight.
Also, ensure that the outsole of shoes offers good underfoot stability and matches the shape of your foot.
Top 10 Running shoes for both men and women
1. Asian Shoes Wonder –
The grey firozi mesh running shoes by Asian are designed for everyday comfort wear while running. It looks appealing in appearance and features a soft and comfortable sole.
- Comes with lace-up enclosure and medium shoe-width
- Upper material is well ventilated for providing enough air circulation
- Features moderated ankles that provide great care to your feet for varied motions during running
- Lace-up enclosure ensure a snug fit and curved outsole improves the transition from heel to toe
- Made from an outer mesh material that provides great comfort and cushion
- The extremely lightweight shoes that provide great bounce and feel narrow in the forefoot
- Provides superb grip that performs great on the runway in wet and dry conditions
- Eva foam midsole is designed for feeling firmer in the forefoot and provides super-cushioned landing for a forceful takeoff
- Mesh upper has been designed to be more breathable for providing hard running at a fast pace
- Heel section provides great cushion and flat design for avoiding Achilles-rub
- Suitable for both sprinters and long-distance runners
- Easily washable and can be used in rainy weather
- Not recommended for a long walk for more than 30-40 mins
2. Sparx Men’s Running Shoes –
The Sparx is a reputed iconic youth brand that provides a great combination of comfort, style, and skills for the awesome running experience.
The Sparx men’s running shoes by Relaxo footwear Ltd are a pair of fantastic running shoes that create an instant impression with their stylish and robust designs.
- Features a thermoplastic rubber sole
- Comes with lace-up enclosure and medium shoe-width
- Prepared from a mesh material that provides plush cushioning
- Outsole grooves provide superior flexibility and firm grip for running on wet surfaces
- Midsole features bouncy foam for surviving long mile running without feeling any weight around
- The upper mesh is designed for holding the foot firmly in some areas while allowing natural movement in others
- Provides a durable and reliable ride along with rich feel on the foot
- Designed for providing super durability and flexible support
- Suitable for fast pace runners who need a powerful start
- The medial side has been built for providing the support for fatigue-based overpronation
- Perfect for everyday training shoe for joggers and runners alike
- Soft sole not comfortable for overweight people
3. Adidas Men’s Throb M Running Shoes –
The Adidas men’s throb M running shoes feature a simple and fluid design for imparting awesome comfort. It showcases Adidas’s characteristic 3 stripes in contrasting colors on the upper mesh.
The throb shoes by Adidas are specifically designed for sports-minded people and are suitable for everywhere usage.
- Features exquisitely designed mesh upper that is prepared from a lightweight knitted fabric which offers durability and breathability to the upper
- Comes with an imeva outsole which is lightweight and long-lasting.
- Feature imeva midsole that adds cushioning and stability during running or walking
- Midsole possess visible adiprene that is designed for effective protection against risky impact forces
- Provides comfortable fit, good grip and breathable upper for keeping you cozy and cushioned through long-running sessions
- Features breathable athletic mesh that provides maximum ventilation for an all-rounder running performance
- Comes with a robust outsole that provides durability on a wide range of surfaces including road, grounds, and treadmill
- Provides awesome flexibility along with enhanced responsiveness underfoot
- Versatile footwear that is designed for providing improved cushioning and support for long runs and short strides
- The internal heel counter is intricately designed for providing a supportive and comfortable fit without weighing your feet down.
- No negative points observed so far.
4. Lotto Men’s Speed –
The Lotto men’s running shoes are a trendy and comfortable running companion that looks very stylish.
These shoes are a great addition to the shoe collection of fitness driven athletes. Whether as casual wear or training wear, it delivers great performance every time.
- Features Italian style lightweight construction that delivers high performance during running, jogging or gymming
- Comes with a stylish mesh fabric and robust outsole that act in unison for providing awesome footwear, sportswear, and leisurewear experience
- Features corrugated bottom sole that provides effortless traction on various surfaces while walking or running
- Provides effective protection against skidding or slipping across wet and slippery surfaces
- Comes with a comfortable and soft footbed that comprises cushioned soft padding
- Features lace-up style that allows customized fit
- The padded tongue provides great comfort as it does not transfer the pressure of tightened laces to your foot
- Comes with a comfortable and well-cushioned soft sole for landing your foot with minimum shock impact
- Presence of spacious toe-box and sturdy toe-cap ensures protection and ample movements of the forefoot
- Good multipurpose footwear that promises good responsiveness, cushioning and endurance
- Not recommended for long and intensive running
5. Bourge Men’s Vega –
The Bourge men’s vega running shoes are designed using high technology and design innovation for delivering great comfort, durability, and high performance while running, fitness, and training.
These lightweight shoes are crafted for all-day comfort. They are affordable footwear that feels light on your wallet and their stylish appearance makes a fashion statement.
- Features fashionable footwear with EVA bounce back sole that provides great comfort while running, jogging, walking or extreme workout sessions
- Blue-colored running shoes with slip-on closure and medium shoe-width
- The outsole of the footwear is designed for longer runs and durability; it also provides more and consistent bounce on every step
- Intricately designed shoe mechanics that provide an awesome balance between endurance and speed performance
- Breathable, mild compressive and thick upper that provides great weather protection and breathability
- Superb cushioning cradles your feet and also keep them firmly in its place while running or rigorous physical workouts
- Reliable footwear with plush upper and soft cushioning that provides effective overpronation control
- The outsole provides great traction for effortless and safe movements on wet roads during rains as well as grassy pathways
- Awesome upper that ensures excellent fit along with stretchable forefoot, secure middle foot, and locked arch while allowing spreading out of toes.
- Your feet might slip a bit if the shoes are worn without socks.
6. Asian Women’s Elasto –
The Asian women’s elasto are a pair of ultra-lightweight running shoes for women and they designed for regular comfort wear and sportswear activities like walking, running, and jogging.
- Designed for outdoor activities including walking, running or gyming workouts that pump the adrenaline levels
- Features durable design that can withstand long durations of pressurized usage
- Lightweight design that is perfectly styled for complementing the ladies vivid outfits.
- Travel steady footwear that serves as an ideal partner for adventures
- Superior lightweight mesh upper that is extremely breathable that is good for everyday training session.
- The knitted upper is easily washable which makes the shoes perfect for any season.
- It has an orthopedic soft cushion insole that provides extra comfort with a perfect grip.
- Extremely comfortable footwear for women made from height increasing non marking EVA sole.
- The extremely lightweight and breathable fabric that allows the ample circulation of air to avoid build-up of sweat and moisture during long runs
- Elastic fit technology that offers consistent bouncy effect for withstanding impact shock and forces
- Provides good stability and over-pronation support for all distances running
- Soft cushioned heels make the shoes perfect for long time use.
- No negative points observed so far
7. Puma Women’s Concave Pro X Idp Running Shoes –
The black concave Pro x idp is a pair of running shoes by Puma that boasts of a trendy mesh upper and EVA sole. Being lightweight and comfortable, they deliver great running and walking performance.
- Features stylish black-nrgy rose color footwear that has lace-up closure and regular shoe width
- Comes with flat heel types for a firm and stable grip during gym training and running
- Features impressive and comfortable midsole cushioning for great bouncy effect
- Presence of laces provides a comfortable fit for long-running
- Suitable for a wide range of outdoor activities such as gymming, walking, or running
- Lightweight design and breathable upper fabric that avoids fatigue after long-running sessions
- Eva sole provides great cushioning and stability for handling impact forces
- Feels super-light on feet and offers good stability during a range of motions during running and turning
- Suitable for both the fast pacers and slow-pace runners
- Round and spacious toe that provides flexibility and freedom of movement
- No negative points observed so far
8. Sparx Women’s Sx0123l Loafers –
The Sparx women’s Sx0123l loafers are stylish and unique footwear that make a serious fashion statement along with fulfilling its sports purpose. It employs high-tech innovations for delivering great cushioning, comfort, and durability.
- Features stylish footwear with EVA bounce back sole, slip-on closure, and medium shoe width
- Features round toe that allows great stability and freedom of forefoot movement especially during turning and running
- Light-weight, fast and responsive footwear that is designed for faster running
- Footwear provides decent grip on rough tracks and tarmac
- Provides super padding and cushioned insole for absorbing shocks and impacts
- Extremely lightweight product that does not make you feel heavy and tired during long-running sessions
- Firm EVA sole ensures protection of your feet from unwanted blisters
- Allows you to make a style statement wherever you go
- All-rounder shoes that can serve as leisurewear, casual wear, fitness wear and sportswear
- Comes with 30 days warranty
- Not recommended for moving around in rainy season
9. Nike Women’s Revolution 2 –
The Nike women’s revolution 2 MSL are trendy footwear designed for everyday wear from running to yoga training.
It features high-quality fabrics and impressive design. Moreover, it provides awesome cushioning, durability, and responsiveness.
- Features a trendy and appealing design that supports rolling foot movement for easier and longer running
- Comes with lace-up closure, medium shoe width, and 0.5 inches heel height
- Superb cushioning makes it ideal for everyday running
- Breathable and soft upper mesh provides the required support and stability
- Lightweight and bouncy foam that reduces the impact forces on the run
- Classy looking footwear that promises plush and cushioned ride with enhanced stability
- Offers good traction on flat and even roads
- The tightened laces do not transfer their pressure on the foot while keeping the foot stable in its place
- No negative points observed so far
10. Campus Women’s Alexa Blk/Golden Running Shoes –
The Campus women’s alexa golden running shoes are the stylish running companion of ladies that allow them to make a fashion statement.
It features impressive looks and robust fabrics for amazing stability and cushioning
- Features attractive looks along with lace-up closure and medium shoe-width
- Unique sole design that allows for a firm grip on a wide variety of surfaces
- Comfortable, well-designed and responsive footwear for good cushioning and excellent stability
- Breathable and soft upper mesh offers ample support and protection
- Beautifully designed footwear that goes well with the various outfits of ladies
- Soft cushioning and good bouncy feel makes it a decent option for training or running
- Ultra-soft and lightweight on the inside while robust and firm on the outside
- High-quality laces that provide the balanced running by keeping the foot firmly in its place
- Comes with 30 days warranty
- No negative points observed so far
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a running shoe?
Running shoes have a built-up heel for providing stability to the runners. They differ from walking shoes as they are designed to be more flexible as required by the runners.
Based on the different running styles and needs of runners, the running shoes are made from various materials and technology.
The running shoes vary in their cushioning effects and minimalistic designs for sprinters as well as long-distance runners. There are different running shoes for toe-strikers, midfoot-strikers, and heel-strikers.
The runners should not run in walking shoes as they are not designed to meet the running needs.
2. Is it bad to walk in running shoes?
No, the fitness walkers can walk in running shoes and even find them more comfortable than walking shoes.
As a walker, you need to compare the features and comfort levels of both running shoes and walking shoes to find the best one for your walking needs.
3. Is it OK to run in flat shoes?
No, it is not recommended to run in flat shoes. Running requires lots of flexibility, cushioning, stability, supporting features for a range of quick movements. That’s why they have a built-up heel.
The flat shoes are stiff and do not flex easily; hence they are not suitable for running.
They may cause injuries to knees, heels, ankles, and back.
4. What is the difference between training shoes and running shoes?
The training and running shoes may look similar, but they are different in the following ways.
Sole flexibility: The running shoes are designed for the heel-to-toe movement, while training shoes are meant for multi-directional movement, including sideways movement.
The sole of the training shoes is made more flexible than running shoes for supporting an enhanced range of movement.
Heel drop: The running shoes have higher heel-drop than training shoes as they have increased support and cushioning features.
The training shoes are flatter as they feature less distance between heel height to the toe height.
Usage: The training shoes are used for multiple activities such as jumping, breaking, changing directions, etc. They are also suited for weight lifting, strength training, agility training, and high-intensity gymming.
The running shoes are meant for sprinting, long-distance running, jogging, etc.
5. Can you lift weights in running shoes?
The running shoes are not designed for lifting weights.
You can lift lighter weights in your running shoes, but the heavy weightlifting requires you to wear shoes that provide a stable and firm stance on the ground.
Running with old or worn-out shoes may leave you with blisters and sore heals. In severe cases, it may cause ankle, hip, or knee injuries.
Replace your old shoes at the first sign of it being aged or worn out.
Whether you intend to run a marathon or sprint a 100-meter race or simply want to run for health and fitness reasons, a pair of robust and well-designed running shoes can create a significant difference between winning and losing.
Go through our reviews and buyer guide for picking the best running shoes that perfectly suits your running needs and available within your budget.