Top 13 Best Running Shoes in India
Running is the simplest way to be fit, and not to mention a great mood lifter as well. Certain scientific studies have even revealed that 20-30 minute workout a day, can help you be happy and less stressed.
But whether you’re a beginner or a professional racer, a pair of good quality running shoes is what a must for you.
Researchers have revealed that the people who ran in the best sport’s shoes comfortable to them, consume 2 percent less oxygen and they require less effort. A good shoe offers you great comfort when running. Remember that a wrong pair can injure you leading to blisters, tendonitis, hip, and even knee problems. Get a pair that will make a difference in your running experience.
Now when you’re out to buy those running shoes, just keep in mind to address the questions like,
Which is the best shoe available at present?
Is it a good quality product?
What are the options available rather than this?
Is the company trustworthy?
Where is it all available?
Getting the best pair of running can be overwhelming especially when you don’t know what to look out for in such a pair. The search even gets more difficult today with the increased number of stores and brands claiming to offer the best to a runner like you. So, what exactly is a good running shoe?
To help you with your shopping, we will now take you to the tour of common mistakes while buying running shoes, types along with a comprehensive guide dedicated to how you could get the best pair of shoes, frequently asked questions and what are the features you should focus on while purchasing.
We shall also let you know the best top 13 running shoes available in the Indian market at present. Read on to find out what’s best.
Top 13 Best Running Shoes In India
Some of the Common Mistakes while buying Running Shoes
- Going for looks: The most common mistakes that people commit while buying shoes is going for looks while buying them. Not all the good looking shoes have the best features and good quality. You should look at other features first and the lest priority should be given to looks and art.
- Buying tight-fitting shoes: Most of the people think that tight-fitting shoes help you to run faster because you would not feel anything worn on your foot. But the problem with tight-fitting shoes is that the blood circulation hinders because of them and would cause you pain and swelling after your running session. Buy a product that is comfortable for use.
- Never assume your size: You should never assume your shoe size. Even if you know your foot size, it is better to check before buying. It is not necessary that every company has the same size, they may also differ. Check your size before you buy shoes.
Types of shoes
Maximum Support Shoes
Made for the Overpronator, this motion control footwear articulates medial support by having dual-density roll bars, mid-soles or footbridges.
This medial support is nothing but an inside helping, that eventually slows the rate of overpronation. The best example of one of such shoe could be the Skechers GOrun Forza.
Structured Cushioned Shoes
Specially designed keeping in mind the Neutral Pronator, these stability Shoes provide a good stable grip to the feet and combines cushioning features and support features into its design.
Neutral Trainer Shoes
Having seen shoes that contain both comfort and support features, here’s another type of shoe, made specifically for Supinator feet.
This cushioned footwear is capable of disseminating shock in its midsole and the outsole design.
There are many shoe companies that, to enhance the cushioning fun, prefer adding materials to the heel and forefoot areas. Nike Free RN Motion Flyknit could be the best example of this type.
Motion Control Running Shoes
The right motion shoes are rigid when compared to the average running shoe. The shoes limit excessive motion due to their full sole and thick rubber. They are best for you if exhibit moderate to severe overpronation when running.
Light Weight Shoes
Also known as cross-country spikes or racing spikes, the shoes are ideal for you if involved in a competition that requires speed, for example sprinting. The shoes are built with less foam and cushioning allowing a more natural and dynamic motion for your feet.
The only downside for this type of shoes, however, is that they do not offer the same cushioning and shock absorption required for general training. A pair of this shoe is thus not suitable for beginners.
Just as the name implies, you’ll use the shoes for trail running. They come specifically designed for use in areas with a wide range of terrain, dirt, rocks, mud, hard-packed paths and thus require the best in stability, support, and even protection.
The shoes have aggressive soles and thicker rubbers offering enough protection to keep your ankle and feet in good shape even after running along rough terrain. They provide a superior grip, especially on slippery surfaces.
The shoes provide more arch and ankle support and thus reduce excessive pronation as a result. A pair of these shoes is best for you if you have a normal arch and neutral feet. These shoes provide excellent midsole cushioning and great support.
Best Running Shoes Buyer’s Guide
The customer must look into the following aspects while buying
Most of the buyers have a fixed idea so as to which size shoe they have to buy. However, in a market today, filled with numerous companies, each one of them has sizes that vary. You simply can’t be certain about any size now. It can vary depending upon the type of shoe you purchase. It is advisable for a buyer to keep an open mind, and remember that the further you run, the more space is required by your foot. Having said that, a shoe with a little more extra room would be a perfect choice.
The width of your foot is an equally important parameter as a length while choosing a shoe.
Some people, due to postural deformities, have a wider or narrower foot which should be taken into account because if not, it can cause blisters and could make you feel uneasy. People with such feet must opt for a shoe with a wider sole.
Another thing to be taken care of while purchasing is the intended use. Do ask yourself a few questions before buying.
Do you want a racing shoe or just for training purposes?
Do you want shoes for simple running, running on a track, or on a forest trail?
The surfaces are different and which eventually requires a particular type in each case.
Before buying, you must be aware of the pronation type of your foot, which is the way your foot rolls when you walk or run.
You must essentially know what kind of pronation type your foot has.
If adhered to this knowledge, you could prevent bleeding blisters and likewise.
For your convenience, the types of shoes suitable for each pronation type has already been included in the article. To know your pronation type, there are various guides available online that could be referred to.
A runner has to take the shoe with himself over a long distance. Keeping that into consideration, the weight of the shoe must be such that it should support you, rather than being heavy and pulling you down.
If you’re a well-built runner, you obviously will need a shoe to support your weight. However, the lighter the shoe, the easier it is to carry them.
A good pair of running shoes allows for proper ventilation. You do not want a pair that wets after running a few miles. Chances of suffering from blisters after running with a pair that makes your feet sweaty are very high. To avoid all that, this should be the first feature to look out for in a pair that you intend to purchase.
Get a pair with durable material, easy to clean, one that dries with ease, light, supple and more breathable. Synthetic leather is one of the best. Avoid shoes with materials that get torn with ease and also that suck in a lot of dirt.
A good running shoe should have sufficient cushion and also provide support for overpronation. Such a shoe should provide maximum comfort to ensure a bouncy ride especially if running over long distances.
When going for a pair of running shoes, you need to consider your budget and what you are willing to spend on a pair. However, whether on a tight budget or not, never compromise quality because of the price. Always remember that cheap can be expensive at times.
If the sole does not have a good grip beneath, it will make you slip while running and can lead to increased risk of injuries and pain. If the track is wet, then also you may slip on tracks. It is very important that it should be slip-resistant and have a good grip.
It is the amount of space that should be available between the longest toe of your foot and the front of the shoe. Ideally, the wiggle room should have a thumb-size space to provide you with the best result.
The wrap which is provided on top of the shoe opening which holds the heel don in place is called the ankle collar. You should look at how the padding interacts with the bones and ankles while running and if your heel slips or not.
For stable landing and support, the heel counter is provided in your shoes. While some shoes have eliminated the heel counter to provide full freedom of foot while running.
The outsole should be made up of materials that provide traction and durability without adding much weight to the shoes or making them stiff.
Top 13 Best Running Shoes in India
1. Puma Unisex’s Running Shoes
- It is one of the world’s most leading sports brand which produces a quality product every time. Puma has established a history of making one of the finest sports apparel for the fasting running men on the earth.
- It is made up of synthetic material that is lightweight.
- The perfect design makes it look good as compared to any other product.
- The outsoles are made up of soft cushioning which provides comfort to your legs while running.
- The soles are made up of grips that prevent you to get slipped off from the track while running.
- It is a unisex product which is made for both men & women.
- Sole is very hard.
2. Lotto Men’s Vertigo Running Shoes
With continuous attention on its innovation, the brand has focussed on product technology, design, and style. Lotto Men’s Vertigo Running Shoes is one such product that has been most preferred by users across due to its better performance both as casual and sportswear.
- The brand has paid continual attention to its invention which is one of the main strengths of Lotto. The high-performance shoes are suitable for both casual and sportswear.
- The bottom sole is corrugated that gives you a better grip on the surface while walking and running. It is also designed in such a way that prevents you from skidding across slippery surfaces.
- It offers a lace tie-up for a better-customized fit.
- The technology, product design and the Italian style of the product are one of the major advantages of this product.
- It gives you maximum comfort and style while running.
- These running shoes have a soft footbed that is made up of soft cushioned padding. It makes you feel comfortable.
- The upper part of the shoes is very thin.
3. Puma Unisex Running Shoes
This shoe comes in a beautiful color and will make you look forward to your next workout day with a lot of confidence. The breathable mesh that forms the upper part of this shoe ensures that you do not sweat when running.
The sole has a perfect grip, and whether running on a wet surface or not, you’ll have nothing to worry about. You’ll never suffer from shock since this shoe has complete shock absorbing qualities, a feature that makes it the best.
You can use the shoe both outdoors or indoors and still experience the comfort it brings along. You can never go wrong by choosing this pair since it’s worth the price.
- Breathable upper mesh material
- Thick insole
- Casual lifestyle
- Offers optimum comfort
- Great fit
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Perfect sole grip
- Absorbs shock
- Nice color
- Perfect cushioning
- The fit is a little tight
- You have to get a bigger size for it to fit you comfortably
4. Bacca Bucci Men’s Training Shoes
The bestselling product which is available on the list, Bacca Bucci Men’s Training Shoes are made up of lightweight materials that make it perfect for using all day long comfortably. It also comes along with a 60 days warranty after buying it. Let us look at the features of the product.
- The brand does not compromise on its quality as it is made up of high quality imported fly knit upper.
- The outsole is made of quality rubber/EVA mix (extra light ) which makes it comfortable for use while running and working out.
- Offers Lace for closure.
- Has Mesh outer covering for ventilation and odor passes out.
- One of the biggest advantages of this product is its design which makes it best for sports as well as casual wear. It makes them perfect for daily use.
- It is a lace tie-up shoe that provides extra comfort while moving.
- The cushion inside the shoes is soft and comfortable.
- The quality of the material is not so strong.
5. Bourge Men’s Bettale-2 Running Shoes
- To provide comfort during the entire day, the shoes have been designed with light materials Mesh Type that makes them lightweight which prevents itself from causing strain to your legs even if you wear it for the entire day.
- The inside of the shoes is made up of soft cushioning which helps you to develop pain and swelling in the toe and heels.
- You need not worry about the track where you are running. Even if you are running on a wet track, you would not skid because of the Non-Skid sole with which it is made.
- It is an affordable and stylish product that meets your running shoes need.
- The product offers performance and style simultaneously. For running, training and fitness purposes, you can rely on this product.
- These are a durable product and does not get worn or torn easily.
- No such cons mentioned.
6. Layasa Men’s Air Series Running Shoes
For targeted traction, the rubber sole provided in the product helps you to stay comfortable while wearing it. layasa Men’s Air Series Mesh Casual, Walking, Running/Gymwear Shoes lets you stay comfortable all day long while walking, running and being in Casual wear as well.
- The closure provided on the shoes is lace-up which helps makes them comfortable to wear and does not get loosened up easily.
- It is one of the best product for competitive races and tracks workouts.
- Due to its material, it is a lightweight product that does not cause pain on your legs.
- The sole is made up of Air-Mix type.
- It also has an ultra-thin layer of high abrasion rubber which is placed on the outsole for targeted traction.
- Good design makes it look good.
- The sole is made up of Air-Mix type.
- It also has an ultra-thin layer of high abrasion rubber which is placed on the outsole for targeted traction.
- Good design makes it look good.
7. Lancer Men’s Running Shoes
If looking for a running shoe that will offer you great comfort and for a long time, this is the shoe for you. The shoe has adequate cushioning to shield you from harmful impact forces.
The outer mesh allows proper ventilation and comfort enabling you to run with ease. The lace-up enclosure enhances a perfect fit enabling you to have all the fun you want all day long.
This shoe will not only help you in your sports activities but also make you leave a statement. The trendy pair will transform your style and also help you to boost your confidence.
- Breathable mesh
- Speed laces closure
- Full rubber outsole
- High-quality mesh material
- Light in weight
- Easy to wash
- Very comfortable and stylish
- The perfect shoe for everyday wear
- Perfect fitting
- Less grip on wet surfaces
- Gets dirty with ease
- Hard sole
8. Boltt Men’s Smart Running Shoes
This shoe is a perfect combination of comfort, fashion, and functionality. With it, you’ll not only get a great run but also track your real-time fitness and activity. All that is enabled by a three months’ mobile subscription of the Boltt mobile app that comes with it.
The app has more than 200 workout programs and also gives you access to a nutrition and sleep panel. This way, you’ll get to analyze the quality of your sleep.
The shoe has a lightweight outsole and an upper with a breathable mesh. The features help in boosting a natural and flexible movement at all times.
This smart shoe is ideal for gym workouts, lifestyle running and also walking.
- Superior cushioning
- Perfect curvature and heel height
- Personalized mobile coaching
- Carbon +TPR compound made the outsole
- Breathable mesh material
- Built to last
- Flexible and minimalistic
- Comes with a companion mobile app
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Poor grip
- Loosely stitched at some places
- Not comfortable when one wears with socks
9. Puma Men’s Pluto DP Running Shoes
Puma is one of the world’s leading sports brand. The company is known for meeting the exact requirements of the athletes and sport inspired products.
This variety of running shoes from Puma is built to give you a fast and comfortable experience while running.
With a positive rating of almost 80% of the total customers, these shoes surely stand out. Further, with Puma logo sealed on the product, you wouldn’t have to worry about the quality.
- Synthetic Material.
- Casual lifestyle.
- Closure type: Lace-Up.
- Can be worn for casual purposes.
- Manufacturer product warranty of 90 days against manufacturing defects.
- Comfortable and has good extra room for the foot.
- Have a reasonable price.
- Can be used for casual purposes as well.
- A Proper cushioning material is used to ensure no hampering of comfort.
- The brand you can trust.
- The shoes have a simple look. Although they are good in performance, but they surely lack in style.
- Warranty is only against manufacturing defects.
- Pasting issues are a big mess.
10. Nike Free RN Flyknit Men’s Running Shoe
Yet another storm in the sports world is the Nike. Known for its best designs & quality, Nike has always been the top priority for most sport products enthusiasts.
The Nike Free RN Flyknit 2017 Men’s Running Shoe has an exceptionally flexible outsole which brings miles of comfort.
The Flyknit fabric is supportive for the foot. The outsole flexes and expands along the movement of the foot.
- Seamless Flyknit provides a good fit.
- Tri-star outsole flexes and expands as per the foot movement.
- Lightweight cushioning.
- Foam mid-sole.
- Anatomical heel rolls with the ground for natural movement.
- Extremely well designed.
- Flyknit upper provides a great fit.
- Foam midsole doubles to provide lightweight cushioning.
- Laces provide midfoot lockdown.
- Goes well with the movement of the foot.
- Makes running easier.
- The length of laces is short, making it harder to tie them.
- The shoe is much narrower.
- It would feel annoying and dented for big toes.
- Warranty only against manufacturing defects.
11. Nike LunarGlide 8
The Nike LunarGlide 8 Men’s Running Shoe provides breathable support and cushioning that is exceptionally soft.
The shoe is bound to help you in your longer runs.
The engineered mesh and Flyknit fabric altogether make the shoe comfy as well as best fit.
You can experience a fluid like feeling with the cuts on the sides of the midsole, which collapse during footstrike, giving away a smoother stride.
- Collar lined with lightweight foam for superior comfort.
- Inner sleeve provides a sock-like fit and adds breathability.
- Responsive cushioning achieved by molded pods.
- Weight: 275 grams approximately.
- The shoe is extremely lightweight.
- Rates by the runners as the up-tempo and high-mileage trainer.
- Plush inner sleeve and additive cushioning.
- Good breathability.
- Reasonably priced.
- More than 10 color combinations to choose from.
- Pebbles gathers at the cuts provided at the out-sole.
- The shoe lacks the responsiveness of the previous LunarGlide model.
- Quite tight and narrow.
- The outsole is not much durable and causes problems in time.
12. Nike Air Zoom Elite 82
These pair of shoes from Nike have been designed specifically to be highly efficient.
The product stands out quite well and has received a good response from the runners. The underfoot experience that it provides is reliable and definite.
- Do what you want to with the versatile nature of Nike Air Zoom Elite 8 Shoe.
- The upper cloth like material feels snug, neither tight nor too loose.
- Extremely lightweight and comfortable.
- Commendable out-sole traction capability.
- Approximate weight: 250-275 grams.
- Can be used while walking, running or training, with ease and comfort due to its versatile nature.
- Has an appealing design.
- A wide range of color varieties to choose from.
- The upper material wraps well around the feet.
- Springy, yet balanced.
- Responsive midsole.
- Runners notice that the platform wasn’t very smooth and hinders natural foot movement.
- Forefoot area wasn’t very much in accordance with the underfoot area, causing a pain while taking the toe off.
13. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 Shoe
The long-running Pegasus line of shoes continues to dazzle, even in its 33rd edition.
With several additions being made, the performance and fit have surely made a good impression on the runners.
The shoe offers superior comfort, excellent breathability, decent arch support, solid traction, and is also a head turner for looks.
At a very reasonable price, Nike is offering this blend of style and performance.
- Terrain: Road.
- Arch Support: Natural.
- For daily running use.
- Heel to toe drop: 9mm.
- Weight: 9.9oz
- Forefoot height: 19mm
- Heel height: 29mm
- The Pegasus 33 provides superior comfort.
- Reasonable price.
- Breathability appreciated by many runners.
- Can tackle high-mileage runs and fast sessions.
- A wide range of colors to choose from.
- Good traction.
- Looks stylish and fashionable.
- The narrow toe box isn’t much applaudable as compared to the last edition.
- Heavier than the previous edition.
- Laces come out many a time.
- Due to out-sole change, it is stiffer than before.
- Uncomfortable sometimes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the things you should look for to minimize the pain caused while wearing it?
First of all, you must know the exact shape of your foot and buy a pair of running shoes according to it. Stand on a piece of cardboard or paper and trace the shape of your foot. Now match the shoe you need to buy so that, it would not cause you pain while wearing it. Do not buy shoes that have higher heels because it would cause you pain in your heels while running. The inside of the shoes must be made up of soft material.
2. Does the surface on which you run affect wear and tear of shoes?
Yes, if you are running on a synthetic racing track, it would not cause wear and tear of your shoes on a large scale basis. If you are running on a cemented road, the sole of your shoes would be worn easily and you have to get it changed after it has lost integrity because it could lead to increased risk for injury.
3. What should you do if you develop pain in heels while running?
Runners are prone to injuries and pain in heels and legs. If you develop such pains, you should buy Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that can reduce pain and swelling. One of the other remedies is that Physical therapy can teach exercises that stretch plantar fascia and Achilles tendon and strengthen the lower muscles.
4. What are the common features you should look for while buying running shoes?
Some of the most common features that you should look for while buying running shoes are the Toebox Grip, Toegrip Outsole, Flex Grooves/Toe Spring and Heel Cushioning. These are some features that one should look while buying them.
5. How often should you change running shoes?
According to the researches, a runner must change his shoes after every 300 to 500 miles after running. If a person runs five 3-miles per week, it should last for five-six months after which it has to get changed.
6. Do running shoes matter?
The fuss about having a Running Shoe type for running is all about prevention of injuries while running. They are designed in such a way that it has the best Toebox Grip, Toegrip Outsole, Flex Grooves/Toe Spring and Heel Cushioning, the bad quality of these features could be a reason for all the pain and injuries caused. Some of us really don’t care about the quality but go according to the work of art, which should be the least important thing to be considered while buying them.
7. How long does a running shoe last?
Good quality running shoe can last for about 500-600 miles of running, also depending on the track on which you run. Running shoes would work better if the track is synthetic and designed for racing and athletics.
8. How do I pick the right running shoes?
There are so many different types of shoes available in the market which has unique features and different technology which makes it difficult for you to choose the best one. Some of the things which you should definitely look for while buying shoes are:
- Understand the pronation of your foot. Pronation is the actual rolling of your foot from the heel to toe through the foot strike.
- Determine the type of your foot. The three basic types of the foot arch are Low Arch, Normal Arch and High arch.
- Determine the best quality shoes that have better toe grip, Toegrip Outsole, Flex Grooves/Toe Spring and Heel Cushioning.
- Do not always go for the high-ranged product. Even the mid-ranged product can offer better quality shoes.
9. After how long should I replace my shoes?
Excellent quality of running shoes should last for a period of 3 to 4 months (400 to 500 miles), especially if you are a regular runner. Always check the midsole and outsole of your shoes. If they are worn out, you should consider getting another pair.
10. Which brand has the best pair of running shoes?
A good pair of running shoes allows proper ventilation. You do not want a pair that wets after running a few miles. Chances of suffering from blisters after running with a pair that makes your feet sweaty are very high. To avoid all that, this should be the first feature to look out for in a pair that you intend to purchase.
11. Should I run in my shoes immediately after purchasing them?
The best pair of running shoes should feel comfortable with your first run. However, if the shoes feel a bit tight, try them out for shorter runs or walks. Should you start getting blisters, pain or discomfort, avoid using them and return them to the store.
12. How much should I spend on a pair of running shoes?
You can get a good pair of running shoes with as little as $20.The amount you spend on a pair of shoes will depend mainly on your budget and the purpose of the shoes. You will most likely spend more on a long lasting pair.
All the shoes mentioned above, are perfect in one way or the other. There could be subtle differences, but almost every shoe is best in its own way. Still, if you can’t make up your mind, don’t worry. We are here! If you need a good toe-off and a springy experience altogether, go with Puma Men’s Pluto Dp Running Shoes, Bacca Bucci Men’s Training Shoes or Nike LunarGlide 8.
If you desire shoes for vigorous sessions or high-mileage runs, we would suggest opting Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 or Nike LunarGlide 8.
And if it’s only about impressing the onlookers, choose Nike Free RN Flyknit.
However, my thumb’s up for Puma Men’s Pluto Dp Running Shoes!