The Best Sports Supplements
Using sports supplements in your fitness regimen helps you to achieve toned musculature in no time. These supplements complement your workout sessions for effectively building awesome muscle mass while burning the excess calories
The sports supplements are widely used by professional sportspersons across various sports such as athletics, football, tennis, weight-lifting, etc. It helps them in improving their performance and provides robust recovery after tiring workout or playing sessions.
Reach your peak performance and set your eyes on creating new records by adding sports supplements to your fitness routine.
In this article, we will provide you with information like what are sports supplements?
Top 12 Sports Supplements in India
|Product (Best Brands)
What Are Sports Supplements?
Sports supplements are dietary supplements that are used by athletes, bodybuilders, weightlifters, and martial arts to expedite an increase in lean body mass.
These products are produced to improve athletic performance, boost body weight, improve muscles, and to some extent, to reduce the percentage of body fat.
They also give additional power, resistance, energy, and strength for a short period after consumption.
Common Ingredients Used in Sports Supplements
Sports nutrition supplements are infused with a plethora of ingredients that work together to bring out the best in you. They include:
These ingredients help in boosting muscle mass. They have a potent combination of BCAA’s, I-carnitine or glutamine and Creatine.
Creatine increases strength and endurance while the BCAA’s acts as a fat burner and stimulates the androgenic receptors.
Most athletes seek this type of ingredients when buying supplements. They boost energy to keep you going for long.
They improve focus and mental concentration, promote fat burning, increases performance and efficiency.
This is an amino acid ingredient that helps you to train harder and longer.
It reduces muscle fatigue to allow you to dominate in the field or the gym without feeling sore.
Benefits of Using Sports Supplements
By consuming sports supplements, you’ll be able to achieve peak performance to train harder and longer. Some of the benefits of using these products include:
Increased Energy to Work out
When running or playing soccer, you need maximum energy to help you perform better. This energy boost is primarily brought by the caffeine ingredient formulated in the product.
A product that contains caffeine acts as a stimulant, making you feel energized and ready to conquer in the arena. When arginine and caffeine are combined, they bring about pick-me-up effects.
Ensure to buy a supplement that has the right combination of ingredients. However, this might not be ideal for people who are sensitive to caffeine.
Running for hours, being on the pitch for 90 minutes or lifting heavy equipment in the gym might leave you weak and worked out.
You don’t want to feel sore for a whole week even after a peak performance.
That’s why you need these supplements which incorporate ingredients like creatine monohydrate and caffeine to reduce muscle soreness.
More so, these ingredients improve insulin and glucose levels after a strenuous workout to help you feel better faster.
Weight Loss and Metabolism
Losing weight is one of the significant indirect effects of using sports supplements.
This happens because most of the ingredients used in formulating these products boost metabolism.
Increased metabolism produces the required energy for the body and cleanses of toxins and waste through perspiration, urination, and bowel movement.
Caffeine is one of the major elements in most sports supplements, which is also scientifically proven to aid fat loss.
By consuming caffeine, it leads to increased thermogenesis process, and fat oxidation delays the onset of hunger, and boost metabolism.
Improved Focus and Concentration
A healthy diet and appropriate supplements keeps your brain active. When it comes to sports and other physical activities, the mental aspect becomes an essential pie.
Ensuring you stay focused and locked is imperative in boosting your results. Sports supplements are formulated to prevent you from getting mentally drained after training.
Increased Work Out Efficiency and Performance
The whole point of using a sports supplement is to boost your energy and help you train harder for longer for peak performance. This is indeed the primary goal of the supplements.
Whether you are in the arena playing indoor soccer or in the pitch playing basketball, you need the supplements to help you operate efficiently. You will have the power and energy to outperform your opponents.
Various Categories of Sports Supplements
Sports supplements are categorized into different segments like protein, amino acids, among many others. Let’s take an in-depth look:
Everyone has taken caffeine at least once in their lifetime.
Supplements infused with this component works by stimulating adrenaline secretion, which is used to mobilize free fatty acids. As a result, it fuels the muscles through fat tissue and also aid in sparing the depletion of glycogen.
Endurance sports are often reliant on muscle glycogen. Consuming caffeine before working out is essential, but only in the right amount.
Studies have also shown that the combination of glucose and caffeine improves mental alertness. Therefore, when buying sports supplements, you can consider a product that has glucose and caffeine instead of glucose or caffeine alone.
Taking caffeine might delay exhaustion and increase physical strength. Be careful as consuming caffeine for a long time may lead to tolerance, which might decrease its performance effects.
The recommended dose of caffeine range between 250mg to 750mg, which should be taken about 1 hour before any sport.
Anxiety, withdrawal, and dependency are some of the effects of taking this component.
During rigorous exercises, our bodies utilize the maximum oxygen available. This leads to an increase of oxidative stress hence stimulating free radicals in the body.
Increased level of radicals prevents quick recovery between bouts of workouts.
The antioxidants help in detoxifying these radicals to speed up recovery. Some of the best antioxidants are Vitamin E, ascorbic acid, B-Carotene, Vitamin A, and Coenzyme.
When these nutrients lack in an athlete’s diet, supplementation of these sports supplements can be very beneficial.
Other lifestyle factors like alcohol consumption, age, exposure to UV rays, genetic predisposition, smoking, and work-related stress can reduce antioxidants elements in the body.
People who participate in strenuous exercise require extra protein in their diets.
Proteins are the building blocks of the body that contains strong structures of amino acids to make tendons, hair, bones, skin, muscles, and other vital tissues.
There are over 10,000 various proteins in the body. Meat, fish, fruits, nuts, and eggs are some of the protein sources. Athletes use protein to repair and rebuild muscles. It also optimizes carbohydrate storage.
There are many sources of protein like:
Casein protein- It’s mainly found in cow’s milk and contains essential amino acids. Its recommended to take it approximately 1 hr before exercise. It is ideal to consume it once or twice per day.
Soy protein – This protein contains all the necessary amino acids, including glutamine and arginine. It’s a plant-derived protein source that has a positive impact on bone and cardiovascular health.
Glutamine supports a healthy immune system, while arginine promotes healthy vascular function.
Whey Protein– This source of protein is ideal for muscle-building and immunity. It consists of various complex peptides and all the essential amino acids.
Whey is rich in BCAA’s, cysteine, amino acids, and leucine. High levels of BSAA’s and improved metabolism leads to the development of lean muscles.
Increased levels of leucine are a perfect solution for dieters. Egg white protein- This is another excellent source of protein. It’s an excellent choice for people who are lactose intolerant.
Strength trainers and bodybuilders use these forms of supplements since they have positive effects on muscle building and protein synthesis.
When combined with other amino acids, they yield impressive results. They come in various forms like:
Glutamine – That is ideal for workout recovery. The studies also show that glutamine is suitable for immune function. However, glutamine has problems getting digested because it is used as an energy source by the intestinal cells.
BCAA’s – Leucine, Valine, branched-chain amino acids(BCAAs), and isoleucine are essential amino acids responsible for energy during exercise. They are known to get depleted quickly.
Consuming about 2.5g of leucine at least four times a day promotes greater fat loss, weight loss, and lean body mass. BCAA powders can be used before workouts since they are light and provide you with the much-needed energy.
Taurine- This is an amino acid that stimulates metabolism in the body. It’s included in many sports supplements as it’s believed to increase cell volume. It might also decrease oxidative stress and boost insulin sensitivity.
Over recent years, brain-enhancing supplements have been an integral part of sports nutrition. In the world of sports supplements and nutrition, most companies are incorporating nootropics ingredients in their products.
Nootropic ingredients are used to enhance cognitive function, which also leads to improved performance. Studies have not yet proven the number of supplements that contain nootropics, but can ascertain that the use of these ingredients is snowballing.
The brain-enhancing elements market is changing.
Although these supplements were initially designed to slow cognitive decline in aging people, the focus has now shifted to younger consumers who want to gain more focus and concentration during sport or more productivity at school or work.
All sports require undisrupted concentration and focus. Nootropics are then considered ideal for athletes who want to increase their overall performance.
1. AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Unflavored
If you’ve been looking for a high-quality sports supplement that is loaded with all essential ingredients, then ASITIS Whey Protein powder is your ideal product.
It comes in a raw and natural form since it undergoes limited processing. That is why it gives us 80% protein content, which is vital to help muscle synthesis.
It’s great for beginners since its affordable. The unflavored feature makes it possible to use in various ways, including muscle building and reduces muscle loss.
- 80% Whey Protein Concentrate: ASITIS is packed with whey protein that consists of all nine essential amino acids. This is beneficial to people who engage in vigorous workouts. The ability of whey protein to break down and get absorbed quickly can boost your energy before and after exercise.
- Minimal Processing: The 80% whey protein concentration retains a substantial amount of vital nutrients while providing minimal fats and carbs. No preservatives or fillers have been added to this powder.
- Promotes Muscle Building: It comes in a natural and raw form to help you gain lean muscles as well as boosting muscle recovery.
- Unflavored- The protein supplement is unflavored, but that will give you a chance to add the flavor of your choice. You can add it to your pancake, smoothie, juice, or even protein bar.
- High protein content for muscle synthesis
- It is easily digestible
- Unflavored to give you a chance to use the flavor of your choice
- It promotes muscle building and recovery
- High protein content might not be ideal for a beginner
- You might not like its unflavored taste
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder is formulated by an international leading nutritional company, Optimum Nutrition.
It is considered as the most popular powder in the market. Optimum Nutrition delivers its promises by giving you a dependable whey protein powder. The powder is not only inexpensive and tasty, but reliable too.
- Whey Concentrate: ON has 100% whey consist of whey peptide and whey protein in the formulation. The concentrate has between 30-80% protein with more lactose and fat than the isolate. The whey protein support fat burning boosts the immune system and reduces appetite.
- Whey Protein Isolate: Whey isolate is the core form or whey included in these supplements. It contains more than 90% of pure protein with limited lactose, no fat, and lower cholesterol.
- Quality: Optimum Nutrition company has a good track record of producing high-quality products in the market. This whey protein powder mixes up seamlessly with just a glass and a spoon.
- A plethora of Benefits: It contains essential amino acids, which are the primary building blocks of muscle synthesis.
- Contains three kinds of whey for maximum results.
- It mixes perfectly.
- It has enzymes to enhance proper digestion.
- One of the most nutritious and tasty protein powders in the market.
- Contains soy and lecithin.
- It contains artificial sweeteners.
3. HealthyHey Egg White Protein
HealthyHey Foods company formulated this great protein powder with egg white as the main ingredient. Egg white protein supplements have been used for ages by health enthusiasts. They contain proteins and other vital nutrients.
- Lactose-Free: Egg white protein powder from HealthyHey Foods contains minimal amounts of carbs, which is only 2g per scoop. This makes it a suitable alternative for people who are lactose intolerant.
- Made from finest ingredients: This protein powder is made from the finest ingredients in the most natural way possible to help it retain its purest form. It means there are no preservatives or fillers added to this powder.
- Safe for Consumption: HealthyHey Nutrition Non-GMO and Lactose-Free Egg White Protein is flash pasteurized for maximum consumer safety. More so, it’s from hormone-free chickens.
- Tasty: The protein is infused with chocolate ingredients that make it tasty. This is enough motivation to push you to take your supplement daily.
- Comes from hormone-free chickens.
- The chocolate flavor makes it tasty.
- It contains 24g of protein pore scoop.
- Flash-pasteurized for maximum consumer safety.
- Egg white protein.
- Easy to digest.
- Hard to mix without a shaker.
4. TrueBasics Multivit Sport Supplement –
TrueBasics Multivit Sports Supplement comes with 40 essential nutrients that provide you vitamins, nutrients and benefits that you need post-workout and exercises.
- The supplement is made up of clinically researched ingredients such as Tinofolin, Lutemax 2020, which improves your lifestyle by increasing your energy, immunity & stamina. This is a 100% vegetarian product with an RDA of 23 essential vitamins and minerals.
- This supplement has an Amino Acid blend such as L-Tryptophan, BCAAs, Glutamine, Arginine, Taurine.
- The joint blend constitutes of Ginger, Hyaluronic acid, Cissus. The energy blend comprises of Tribulus, Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Green Tea, and the anti-oxidant/Immunity blend has potent anti-oxidants such as Tinofolin, Lutemax 2020, Astaxanthin, grape seed extract.
- This Supplement is useful in many ways. It is suitable for your body and health. It helps in muscle recovery and energy production.
- The joint blend is useful for improving joint mobility and flexibility.
- Energy blend provides you with extra energy and gives you sufficient muscle strength and mass.
- Immunity blend is beneficial for your body as it can fight many diseases by giving you the required immunity strength.
- No negative points were observed.
5. OZiva Organic Plant Protein
The OZiva Organic Plant Unflavored Protein from OZiva is a soy-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, and sugar-free product. In addition to that, it’s a non-GMO protein powder that is easily digestible for a quick recovery and better immunity.
The potent combination of organic quinoa, organic pea protein isolate, and organic brown rice protein makes it stand out among many other unflavored proteins in the market.
One scoop contains 5.2g of BCAAs and 30g of complete protein.
- Rich in Ingredients: Organic Plant Protein is a combination of quinoa, brown rice, and pea protein isolate (all in the organic form). 0g of sugar, 30g of protein, and 5.2g of BCAAs make it ideal for daily intake to supplement the deficient to protein in the body.
- With premium quality and balanced formulation, organic protein becomes a perfect product for your family regardless of age.
- Protein Power Salad: Taking organic plant protein can be quite fascinating since you can add a scoop to 1 serving of salad.
- Unflavored: The organic plant protein has not preservative to artificial sugar. The unflavored features make it ideal for you to use it in various flavors of your choice like fruit salad, smoothie, and juice.
- Easy-Mix-ability- You can easily mix this plant protein with various drinks and foods.
- High-quality – The company optimizes on producing top-quality supplements to enable you to achieve your goal of living a better and healthy life.
- It’s easily digestible to provide faster recovery and great immunity.
- Ideal for people of all ages.
- It has no added preservatives or sugar.
- It is gluten, cholesterol, soy, and sugar-free for healthy living and effectiveness.
- It has a strong smell
- Its taste is not palatable
- Effective but pricey
6. MyFitFuel Micellar Casein Protein Powder
MyFitFuel Micellar Casein is among the best protein sports supplements in the market produced by an award-winning MFF company. It is also known as the bed-time protein.
The high levels of BCAAs in the product help in the constant supply of amino acids for muscle recovery, growth, and repair. Furthermore, it contains anti-catabolic elements to increase muscle mass and also to reduce muscle breakdown.
Micellar Casein is meant for:
1. Sports players
2. Individuals in fitness activities
3. People looking to supplement their daily protein diet
4. Bodybuilders who need muscle repair
- Easy to Digest: MFF casein protein powder is easily digestible hence can be taken few minutes before work-out.
- It is also soy and gluten-free, making an ideal product to help in weight loss.
- Consistency- The consistency in the quality is vital for every single item. MFF company takes every measure throughout the processing period to give you nutrition quality.
- The ingredients are consistently tested to offer incredible results all the time.
- Complete Amino Acid with High BCAA: The supplement contains naturally occurring amino acids, making it one of the slow protein releaser in the market.
- The presence of all amino acids plays an important role in repairing and growing muscles.
- Slow Release Sustained: Normally, protein should not get digest fast for some goals to get achieved.
- During workouts, our muscle tissues break down and if not repaired, can cause muscle weakness.
- MFF is pervaded with natural ingredients to sustain slow release for essential amino acids.
- It’s easy to digest.
- No additional Glycine or Taurine which might lead to protein spiking.
- Ultra slow release of protein sustained.
- It enhances the repair and growth of muscles.
- Ideal for a low budget.
- Poor mix-ability.
- Unflavored hence awful taste.
7. RiteBite Work-Out Choco Classic Bar
Rigorous workouts like yoga, dance, Tabata, cross-fit, Zumba, marathon, and cross-fit require lots of energy. RiteBite Max Protein international company designed this protein bar to help you get through high-intensity workouts without depleting body proteins.
When this bar is combined with casein, soy and whey make a perfect pre-workout protein cocktail. The bar is also rich in fiber, chocolate, and protein.
- Pre-workout Bar: Intake of protein bars is a great diet before an exercise. Proteins are the necessary macronutrients ideal for body structures.
- Loaded with Amino Acids: Amino acids are important in helping the body to generate new tissues. They also repair the microscopic muscle tears that might occur during a rigorous workout.
- High-Protein: On average, a person is required to consume 0.8g of protein per day. For athletes, they can take 1.2g and 1,7g for strength training. The 10gm protein concentration in this bar will provide excess energy for any intense physical activity.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants in acute training and physical exercise remain a sizzling debate in sports nutrition, biology, and physiology. When training intensity and volume are increased, the body cells are at a higher risk of getting destroyed by free radicals.
- It is very tasty.
- Infused with high protein concentration.
- Loaded with antioxidants to help in blood detox.
- A nutritious pre-workout protein bar.
- Quite expensive.
- Too much sugar and carbs which is not fit for professional athletes.
8. Yogabar Breakfast Protein Bar
This protein bar by Yoga bar is loaded with antioxidants, good-for-you protein, fiber, and omega 3’s. All the 6 bars are made with 100% natural ingredients and are free from artificial flavors and preservatives.
When you need a pre-workout pick-me-up, having a healthy protein bar will be ideal. It tastes good and fuels you throughout high-intensity training.
- Loaded with Many Ingredients: This breakfast protein bar by Yoga bar is infused with wholesome ingredients like oats, almonds, chia seed, quinoa, peanuts, millets, and flaxseed. The combination of these components makes the bar a complete breakfast package that will not only leave you fuller for longer but also give you the required energy to work-out.
- A Mid-Morning Snack: Generally, we are supposed to take at least five meals a day. A mid-morning snack is vital to give you strength and power to carry out the day after the morning exercise.
- All Natural: The bar has no artificial ingredients or preservatives, making it suitable for athletes, bodybuilders, and strength trainers.
- No added preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- A great mid-morning snack.
- Excellent, convenient pick-me-up breakfast.
- Infused with wholesome ingredients for better performance.
- A little bit pricey.
9. Bigmuscles Nutrition Frotein
Bigmuscles nutrition Frotein is formulated for providing the ideal combination of nutrition and refreshment. It comprises the right combinations of supplements that are rich in nutrition and feel great in taste.
Frotein is an excellent supplement that keeps you fit and makes you feel fresh for longer durations. It is a delicious and juicy whey protein supplement that comes in 5 fruit flavors. It is refreshingly great not only in summer but across all the seasons.
- It is a sugar-free protein powder that offers low carbohydrate, high protein, and keto diets.
- This refreshingly juicy protein powder does not contain any artificial flavors.
- It features a world-class formulation and each serving provides 26 grams protein from hydrolysed and isolate whey protein matrix.
- Additionally, with every serving it provides 5.5 grams BCAAs, 6 grams glutamine, and 15 grams essential amino acids.
- It is a revolutionary protein that comes in 5 fruity flavors including guava flavor, mango flavor, mango-orange flavor, pineapple flavor, and litchi flavor.
- It offers a delicious way of consuming regular whey protein for healthy diet
- Its amino acid profile is rich in both essential amino acids and non-essential amino acids.
- The EAAs include isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine.
- The non-essential amino acids include alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, glycine, glutamic acid, proline, histidine, serine, and tryosine.
- It is an excellent source of lifestyle whey protein that serves as a healthy and delicious meal replacement for everyone from professionals to students.
- It comprises a fast-absorbing whey protein matrix that assists in post-workout muscle recovery, building lean muscles, and preparing for tough workouts.
- It is an awesome whey protein powder that keeps you light and refreshed throughout the day.
- Ultimate veg protein that is ideally suitable for vegans.
- It instantly mixes and forms a smooth shake due to hydrolysed protein.
- It tastes crispy and light unlike the traditional protein powder that makes you feel heavy.
- It is well-tolerated, feels light on the stomach, and does not cause bloating.
- It has a thirst-quenching quality that gives an identical taste to that of fruit juices.
- It is a gluten-free protein powder that replenishes your daily protein needs.
- This whey protein powder is an ideal meal replacement that provides superior muscle building and recovery.
- The jar has a narrow opening that makes it difficult to scoop out protein without spilling.
10. HealthKart Multivitamin
HealthKart Multivitamin with Ginseng Extract contains Taurine, multimineral, and ginseng extract.It is enriched with all nine vital amino acids. The primary purpose of this sports supplement is to improve alertness and focus.
The recommended dose is 1 capsule per day, and this might help in boosting immunity.
- Great Source of Protein: This supplement has the nine essential amino acids which our bodies cannot produce naturally on their own.
- Boost Sugar Level: HealthKart Multivitamin is enriched with chromium ingredient that is responsible for increasing sugar levels in the body.
- Enhances Bone Health: The supplement contains magnesium and Vitamin D, which are vital in making the bones firmer and stronger.
- Boosts Mental Health: Mental and overall body health is vital for peak performance.
- HealthKart supplement is infused with ginseng extract that promotes concentration, focus, and alertness.
- Ideal for Heart health and Digestion: A healthy heart keeps you off from a heart attack or even stroke.
- This supplement aims to promote digestive and heart health.
- A great source of protein for more energy.
- It boosts digestion and enhances a healthy heart.
- The supplement also acts as a brain booster by increasing focus, concentration, and alertness.
- It also improves vision/eye health.
- Makes the bones strong and firm.
- It might cause skin rashes.
11. MuscleXP Men Daily Vital Energy
- Metabolism and Energy Blend Taste: The supplement is specially designed for men who want extra multivitamins. The product supplies mineral, vital vitamins, and energy, which are essential to men’s overall wellness.
- Balance Ingredients Formulation: The supplement contains active and quality ingredients to ensure you get the best out of it — no added synthetic coating or colors. The energy blend supplies vital amino acids while providing energy.
- Loaded with Antioxidants: Using the best and high-quality minerals and vitamins is one of the features that sets MuscleXP apart. It’s rich in antioxidants to enhance mental and overall wellness.
- High-Potency Minerals and Vitamins: The supplement supplies you with essential vitamins like folic acid, Vitamins A, B1, B3, B2, B6, B5, B12, C, D, E, K, and Biotin. Vital minerals are selenium, phosphorus, calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Enriched with Amino Acids: Eating food that is rich in amino acids enables you to maintain lean muscle mass and build muscle. It encourages better body composition. This formula fight cell aging and eliminates free radicals.
- Infused with essential amino acids for peak performance.
- The ingredients include caffeine, green tea, and ginseng.
- Boost energy levels in the body.
- Loaded with antioxidants for overall wellness.
- Not ideal if you’re working on a tight budget.
12. Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy Drink
Closing the list of our sports supplements is this superior product by Optimum Nutrition. ON is an international nutrition company that has gained a reputation for producing high-quality and effective supplements.
This product has the essential mix-up of amino acids, which gives your energy needed for the workout.
- Caffeine: If you want an energy drink infused with caffeine from natural resources, then ON Amino Energy drink is your ideal product. The 100g caffeine boosts your energy level and fuels your muscles as you work out.
- Minimal Calories with No Sugar: High sugar levels and calories in the body hinders your weight loss journey. Fortunately, Amino Energy drink by Optimum Nutrition contains only ten calories per scoop with zero sugar.
- Optimal Usage Occasions: You can use the supplement before or during strenuous exercise. Furthermore, use it approximately 30 to 45 minutes after weight lifting.
- Pre-Workout Formula: It will let you train vigorously and build muscle. This is aided by the presence of BCAA’s contained in the supplement. If you want to tackle high-intensity training, you can use 2 or more scoops.
- It supports muscle recovery during and after exercise.
- Zero sugar and ten calories per scoop.
- Boost energy levels.
- Increased focus.
- The flavor is not liked by everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best sports supplement brand?
There are a lot of supplement brands that are releasing their supplement products day by day, but one of the best supplement brands available in the market is Optimum.
2. Is taking a sugar-filled snack pre-exercise harmful?
Thousands of studies have been done concerning this, and they show that consuming sugar pre-exercise does not hurt your performance.
Many athletes enjoy sugar-filled snacks for a quick-fix before starting their exercises.
Some people sugar sensitive and can end up rebounding from hypoglycemia. Here is what you should know:
- Avoid sugar 15-45 minutes before exercising and instead take it just immediately before you start to exercise. This is because the body will not have had the opportunity to produce insulin that inevitably leads to the “sugar crash.”
- Choose foods that do not have a “sugar high,” and these include oatmeal, peanut butter, and grain toast.
3. How can I gain muscles and lose fat?
It is not possible to lose weight and gain muscles at the same time.
The body requires calories to build muscles, and losing weight requires you to limit your calorie intake.
Calories are the fuel needed to build muscles. A dieting athlete can do the following;
- Eat foods with low calories to lose fat.
- Eat foods high in proteins.
- Eat meals frequently so you can have a steady supply of calories.
- Do some strength training to protect against losing muscles.
4. What can I eat to recover after an intense exercise?
After an intense exercise regime, you shouldn’t worry too much about recovery because your muscles are not yet depleted.
What you should do is plan your meals properly for later and include carbs, sodium, and water.
Adding a little protein to the recovery meal or a small snack can help repair your sore muscles and also enhance the glycogen replacement if you are an athlete that has been neglecting to eat foods with high amounts of carbs.
If you weigh 150 pounds, the required daily dose of carbs should be 300 calories every 2-4 hours.
Proteins should be taken right after each exercise or during the exercise.
5. Must I take sports supplements if I am an athlete?
No. It’s not a must that you take supplements, but it is recommended due to the following benefits:
- Increased energy to work out
- Quick recovery
- Weight loss and metabolism
- Improved focus and concentration
- Increased work out efficiency and performance
6. Which sports supplements will help improve my performance?
Many great supplements can help improve the performance of an athlete;
A sports supplement gives you an energy boost for remaining charged-up throughout your game or workout sessions. It helps in providing quick post-workout recovery and aids in weight-loss. It allows you to train harder and deliver efficient performance regularly.
It’s tricky to pick the perfect sports supplement that suits your body. You need to experiment with top-class products and consult with your trainer or physio for further clarity. Our article helps you to delve deeper and make the ideal purchase.
Sports supplements are approved and recommended for everyday use.