The Best Sports Supplements Review and Buying Guide
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a novice, using sports supplements will improve your athletic performance. There is an array of supplements in the market that are explicitly designed to help you control the arena.
After all, no one wants to become a loser in the race or spend his life in a gym. You might be a tennis player, mud runner, soccer player, athlete or even a bodybuilder. If that sounds like you, then you need something that will boost your performance.
Luckily, you won’t need to rummage from one store to another or spend hours on google trying to find the best sports supplements for your goals. This write up is meant to help you get the most excellent products in the market.
In this article, we will provide you with information like what are sports supplements? benefits of supplements, common ingredients used in them, various categories and buyers guide. Lastly, we have also mentioned our Top 11 recommended products and FAQ’s.
Top 11 Sports Supplements
What Are Sports Supplements?
Sports supplements are dietary supplements that are used by athletes, bodybuilders, weightlifters, and martial arts to expedite an increase in lean body mass.
These products are produced to improve athletic performance, boost body weight, improve muscles, and to some extent, to reduce the percentage of body fat. They also give additional power, resistance, energy, and strength for a short period after consumption.
Common Ingredients Used in Sports Supplements
Sports nutrition supplements are infused with a plethora of ingredients that work together to bring out the best in you. They include:
Volumizers- These ingredients help in boosting muscle mass. They have a potent combination of BCAA’s, I-carnitine or glutamine and Creatine. Creatine increases strength and endurance while the BCAA’s acts as a fat burner and stimulates the androgenic receptors.
Stimulants – Most athletes seek this type of ingredients when buying the supplements. They boost energy to keep you going for long. More so, they improve focus and mental concentration, promote fat burning, increases performance and efficiency.
Beta-Alanine – This is an amino acid ingredient that helps you to train harder and longer. It reduces muscle fatigue to allow you to dominate in the field or the gym without feeling sore.
Benefits of Using Sports Supplements
By consuming sports supplements, you’ll be able to achieve peak performance and training harder and longer. Some of the benefits of using these products include:
Increased Energy to Work out – When running or playing soccer, you need maximum energy to help you perform better. This energy boost is primarily brought by the caffeine ingredient formulated in the product. A product that contains caffeine acts as a stimulant, making you feel energized and ready to conquer in the arena.
When arginine and caffeine are combined, they bring about pick-me-up effects. Ensure to buy a supplement that has the right combination of ingredients. However, this might not be ideal for people who are sensitive to caffeine.
Quick Recovery – Running for hours, or being in the pitch for 90 minutes or lifting heavy equipment in the gym might leave you weak and worked out. You don’t want to feel sore for a whole week even after a peak performance. That’s why you need these supplements which incorporate ingredients like creatine monohydrate and caffeine to reduce muscle soreness. More so, these ingredients improve insulin and glucose levels after a strenuous workout to help you feel better faster.
Weight Loss and Metabolism – Losing weight is one of the significant indirect effects of using sports supplements. This happens because most of the ingredients used in formulating these products boost metabolism.
Increased metabolism produces the required energy for the body and cleanses of toxins and waste through perspiration, urination, and bowel movement.
Caffeine is one of the major elements in most sports supplements which is also a scientifically proven to aid fat loss. By consuming caffeine, it leads to increased thermogenesis process, and fat oxidation delays the onset of hunger, and boost metabolism. Therefore, you will get lean and keep fit.
Improved Focus and Concentration – Your brain performs depending on how you fuel it. A healthy diet and appropriate supplements will get this done. When it comes to sports and other physical activities, mental aspect becomes an essential pie. Ensuring you stay focused and locked is imperative in boosting your results. Sports supplements are formulated to prevent you from getting mentally drained after training.
Increased Work Out Efficiency and Performance – The whole point of using a sports supplement is to boost your energy and help you train harder for longer for peak performance. This is indeed the primary goal of the supplements. Whether you are in the arena playing indoor soccer or in the pitch playing basketball, you need the supplements to help you operate efficiently. You will have the power and energy to outperform your opponents.
Various Categories of Sports Supplements
Sports supplements are categorized into different segments like protein, amino acids, among many others. Let’s take an in-depth look:
Everyone has taken caffeine at least once in a lifetime. Supplements infused with this component works by stimulating adrenaline secretion which is used to mobilize free fatty acids. As a result, it fuels the muscles through fat tissue and also aid in sparing the depletion of glycogen.
Studies have also shown that the combination of glucose and caffeine improves mental alertness. Therefore, when buying sports supplements, you can consider a product that has glucose and caffeine instead of glucose or caffeine alone. It will keep you focused and boost your concentration.
Taking caffeine might delay exhaustion and increase physical strength. Be careful as consuming caffeine for four weeks-continuously- may lead to tolerance which might decrease its performance effects. More so, supplements that have ephedrine and caffeine might cause too much stimulation that cab case heart problems and other adverse effects.
The recommended dose of caffeine range between 250mg to 750mg which should be taken about 1 hour before any sport. Anxiety, withdrawal, and dependency are some of the effects of taking this component.
During rigorous exercises, our bodies utilize the maximum oxygen available. This leads to an increase of oxidative stress hence stimulating free radicals in the body. Increased level of radicals prevents quick recovery between bouts of workouts. The antioxidants help in detoxifying these radicals to speed up recovery. Some of the best antioxidants are Vitamin E, ascorbic acid, B-Carotene, Vitamin A, and Coenzyme.
When these nutrients lack in an athlete’s diet, supplementation of these sports supplements can be very beneficial. Other lifestyle factors like alcohol consumption, age, exposure to UV rays, genetic predisposition, smoking, and work-related stress can reduce antioxidants elements in the body. Therefore, sports supplements that have antioxidant are essential not only to athletes but to everyone who wants to keep a recommended level of antioxidants in the body.
You must have heard a lot about protein and athletes. It’s true that people who participate in strenuous exercise might require extra protein in their diets. Proteins are known to be building blocks of the body that contains strong structures of amino acids to make tendons, hair, bones, skin, muscles and other vital tissues. There are over 10,000 various proteins in the body. Meat, fish, fruits, nuts, and eggs are some of the protein sources.
If this ingredient lacks in the daily diet of an athlete, then supplementing it with sports supplements will be of great benefit. Athletes use protein to repair and rebuild muscles. It also optimizes carbohydrate storage. There are many sources of protein like:
Casein protein- It’s mainly found in cow’s milk and contains the essential amino acids. Its recommended to take it approximately 1 hr before exercise. But it’s ideal to consume it once or twice per day.
Soy protein – This protein contains all the necessary amino acids including glutamine and arginine. It’s a plant-derived protein source that has a positive impact on bone and cardiovascular health. Glutamine supports a healthy immune system while arginine promotes healthy vascular function.
Whey Protein- This source of protein is ideal for muscle-building and immunity. It consists of various complex peptides and all the essential amino acids. Whey is rich in BCAA’s, cysteine, amino acids, and leucine. High levels of BSAA’s and improved metabolism leads to the development of lean muscles. Increased levels of leucine are a perfect solution for dieters.
Egg white protein- This is another excellent source of protein. It’s an excellent choice for people who are lactose intolerant.
Strength trainers and bodybuilders use these forms of supplements since they have positive effects on muscle building and protein synthesis. When combined with other amino acids, they yield impressive results. They come in various forms like:
Glutamine – That is ideal for workout recovery. The studies also show that glutamine is suitable for immune function. However, glutamine has trouble in getting digested because it is used as an energy source by the intestinal cells.
BCAA’s – Leucine, Valine, branched-chain amino acids(BCAAs) and isoleucine are essential amino acids responsible for energy during exercise. But they get depleted quickly. Consuming about 2.5g of leucine at least four times a day promotes greater fat loss, weight loss, and lean body mass.
BCAA powders can be used before workouts since they are light and provide you with the much-needed energy.
Taurine- This is an amino acid that stimulates metabolism in the body. It’s included in many sports supplements as it’s believed to increase cell volume. It might also decrease oxidative stress and boost insulin sensitivity.
Over recent years, brain-enhancing supplements have been an integral part of sports nutrition. The primary emphasis is that body and mind are one. In the world of sports supplements and nutrition, most companies are incorporating nootropics ingredients in their products.
The brain-enhancing elements market is changing. Although these supplements were initially designed to slow cognitive decline in aging people, the focus has now shifted to younger consumers who want to gain more focus and concentration during sport or more productivity at school or work.
All sports require undisrupted concentration and focus. Nootropics are then considered ideal for athletes who want to increase their overall performance.
Factors to Consider When Buying Sports Supplements
The market is quite saturated with supplements claiming to boost your energy and enhance your performance. Therefore, getting the right product will be daunting. Consider these factors, and you will end up with the right supplement.
Before diving deep into your pockets for sports supplements, first, consider their formulation.Check the ingredients included and how they will help you achieve your desired results. If you want a product that will increase strength and power, then pick a supplement that has creatine ingredient.
Where to Buy
There are many nutrition stores near you, but that doesn’t mean they all sell quality products. First, ensure the sellers are licensed. More so, you can check the reviews on their website to get invaluable information from the clients.
Generally, most sports supplements are a bit expensive but worth every penny. However, many affordable supplements might not include all the necessary ingredients. You can complement such components with a healthy diet.
1. AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Unflavored
If you’ve been looking for a high-quality sports supplement that is loaded with all essential ingredients, then ASITIS Whey Protein powder is your ideal product. It has been minimally produced to offer you the required nutrients and protein at ago.
It comes in a raw and natural form since it undergoes limited processing. That is why it gives us80% protein content which is vital to help muscle synthesis. More so, it’s great for beginners since its affordable. The unflavored feature makes it possible to use in various ways including muscle building and reduces muscle loss.
- 80% Whey Protein Concentrate: ASITIS is packed with whey protein that consists of all nine essential amino acids. This is beneficial to people who engage in vigorous workouts. The ability of whey protein to break down and get absorbed quickly can boost your energy before and after exercise.
- Minimal Processing: This whey protein supplement has been minimally processed to ensure you the most benefits from it. The 80% whey protein concentration retains a substantial amount of vital nutrients while providing minimal fats and carbs.More so, no preservatives or fillers have been added to this powder.
- Promotes Muscle Building: If you love the intense workout, ASITIS will be your ideal product. It comes in a natural and raw form to help you gain lean muscles as well as boosting muscles recovery.
- Unflavored- The protein supplement is unflavored, but that will give you a chance to add the flavor of your choice. You can add it your pancake, smoothie, juice, or even protein bar.
- High protein content for muscle synthesis
- It is Easily digestible
- Unflavored to give you a chance to use the flavor of your choice
- It promotes muscle building and recovery
- High protein content might not be ideal for a beginner
- You might not like its unflavored taste
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder is formulated by an international leading nutritional company, Optimum Nutrition. Optimum Nutrition has a good reputation for producing the best cheese in the world.
It’s no wonder ON whey protein is considered as the most popular powder in the market. Optimum Nutrition delivers its promises by giving you a dependable whey protein powder. The powder is not only inexpensive and tasty, but reliable too.
- Whey Concentrate: ON has 100% whey consist of whey peptide and whey protein in the formulation. The concentrate has between 30-80% protein with more lactose and fat than the isolate. The whey protein support fat burning boosts the immune system and reduces appetite. More so, it can raise the body’s antioxidant and glutathione.
- Whey Protein Isolate: Whey isolate is the core form or whey included in this supplements. It contains more than 90% of pure protein with limited lactose, no fat, and lower cholesterol.
- Quality: Optimum Nutrition company has a good track record of producing high-quality products in the market. This whey protein powder mixes up seamlessly with just a glass and a spoon. The taste is excellent as well.
- A plethora of Benefits: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder contains essential amino acids which are the primary building blocks of muscle synthesis. Consuming whey protein shake before or after workouts will help you kick-start the recovery process and reduces muscle soreness.
- Contains three kinds of whey for maximum results
- It mixes perfectly
- It has enzymes to enhance proper digestion
- One of the most nutritious and tasty protein powder in the market
- Contains soy and lecithin
- A bit pricey
- It contains artificial sweeteners
3. HealthyHey Nutrition Non-GMO and Lactose-Free Egg White Protein
Egg white protein supplements have been used for ages by health enthusiasts. However, similar products are now available in the market.
They contain proteins and other vital nutrients. That is why HealthyHey Foods company formulated this great protein powder.
- Lactose-Free: Egg white protein powder from HealthyHey Foods contains minimal amounts of carbs which is only 2g per scoop. This makes it a suitable alternative for people who are lactose intolerance. Including it in your diet will lead to weight loss. Since it’s made from egg whites only, it contains less cholesterol and fat.
- Made of Finest Ingredients: This protein powder is made from the finest ingredients in the most natural way possible to help it retain its purest form. It means there are no preservatives or fillers added to this powder. Since it’s made from pure egg whites, it provides you with top quality protein. The recommended scoop consists of 24g, which is four times the amount of protein found in a whole egg. Women are advised to take two scoops in a day and three scoops for men daily.
- Safe for Consumption: HealthyHey Nutrition Non-GMO and Lactose-Free Egg White Protein is flash pasteurized for maximum consumer safety. More so, it’s from hormone-free chickens.
- Tasty: The protein is infused with chocolate ingredients that make it tasty. This is enough motivation to push you to take your supplement daily. More so, chocolate is an energy booster.
- Comes from hormone-free chickens
- The chocolate flavor makes it tasty
- It contains 24g of protein pore scoop
- Flash-pasteurized for maximum consumer safety
- Egg white protein
- Easy to digest
- Hard to mix without a shaker
4. OZiva Organic Plant Unflavored Protein
The OZiva Organic Plant Unflavored Protein from OZiva is a soy-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, and sugar-free product. In addition to that, it’s a non-GMO protein powder which is easily digestible for a quick recovery and better immunity.
The potent combination of organic quinoa, organic pea protein isolate, and organic brown rice protein makes it stand out among many other unflavoured proteins in the market. One scoop contains 5.2g of BCAAs and 30g of complete protein.
- Rich in Ingredients: Organic Plant Protein is a combination of quinoa, brown rice and pea protein isolate (all in organic form). 0g of sugar, 30g of protein, and 5.2g of BCAAs make it ideal for daily intake to supplement the deficient to protein in the body. With premium quality and balanced formulation, Organic protein becomes a perfect product for your family regardless of the age.
- Protein Power Salad: taking Organic Plant Protein can be quite fascinating since you can add a scoop to 1 serving of salad. You don’t need a shaker!
- Unflavored: The Organic Plant Protein has not preservative to artificial sugar. The unflavored features make it ideal for you to use it in various flavors of your choice like fruit salad, smoothie, and juice.
- Easy-Mix-ability- You can easily mix this plant protein with various drinks and foods.
- High-quality – The company optimizes on producing top quality supplements to enable you to achieve your goal of living a better and healthy life.
- It’s easily digestible to provide faster recovery and great immunity
- Ideal for people of all ages
- It has no added preservatives or sugar
- It is gluten, cholesterol, soy, and sugar-free for healthy living and effectiveness
- It has a strong smell
- Its taste is not palatable
- Effective but pricey
5. MyFitFuel Micellar Casein Protein Powder
MyFitFuel Micellar Casein is among the best protein sports supplement in the market produced by an award-winning MFF company. It is also known as the bed-time protein.
It provided the needed release or Amino Acids, and it’s slow to digest. The high levels of BCAAs in the product help in constant supply of amino acids for muscle recovery, growth, and repair.
Furthermore, it contains anti-catabolic elements to increase muscle mass and also to reduce muscle breakdown.
1. Sports players
2. Individuals in fitness activities
3. People looking to supplement their daily protein diet
4. Bodybuilders who need muscle repair
Easy to Digest: MFF casein protein powder is easily digestible hence can be taken few minutes before work-out. It is also soy and gluten free making an ideal product to help in weight loss.
Consistency- The consistency in the quality is vital for every single item. MFF company takes every measure throughout the processing period to give you nutrition quality. More so, the ingredients are consistently tested to offer incredible results all the time.
Complete Amino Acid with High BCAA: The supplement contains naturally occurring amino acids making it one of the slow protein releaser in the market. The presence of all amino acids plays an important role in repairing and growing muscles.
Slow Release Sustained: Normally, protein should not get digest fast for some goals to get achieved. During workouts, our muscle tissues break down and if not repaired can cause muscle weakness. MFF is pervaded with natural ingredients to sustain slow release for essential amino acids.
- It’s easy to digest
- No additional Glycine or Taurine which might lead to protein spiking
- Ultra slow release of protein sustained
- It enhances the repair and growth of muscles
- Ideal for a low budget
- Poor mix-ability
- Unflavored hence awful taste
6. RiteBite Work-Out Choco Classic Bar
Moderate to rigorous workouts like yoga, dance, Tabata, cross-fit, Zumba, marathon and cross-fit require lots of energy. RiteBite Max Protein international company designed this protein bar to help you get through high-intensity workouts without depleting body proteins.
When this bar is combined with casein, soy and whey make a perfect pre-workout protein cocktail. The bar is also rich in fiber, chocolate, and protein.
- Pre-workout Bar: Intake of protein bars is a great diet before an exercise. Proteins are the necessary macronutrients ideal for body structures. Choco protein bar also provides steady energy throughout the training or workout.
- Loaded with Amino Acids: Amino acids are important in helping the body to generate new tissues. They also repair the microscopic muscle tears that might occur during a rigorous workout. Protein bars, therefore, makes the suitable food for pre-workout.
- High-Protein: On average, a person is required to consume 0.8g of protein per day. For athletes, they can take 1.2g and 1,7g for strength training. The 10gm protein concentration in this bar will provide excess energy for any intense physical activity.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants in acute training and physical exercise remain a sizzling debate in sports nutrition, biology, and physiology. When training intensity and volume are increased, the body cells are at a higher risk of getting destroyed by free radicals. Antioxidants are therefore helpful in eliminating the free radicals and detoxing the blood.
- It is very tasty
- Infused with high protein concentration
- Loaded with antioxidants to help in blood detox
- A nutritious pre-workout protein bar
- Quite expensive
- Too much sugar and carbs which is not fit for professional athletes
7. Yogabar Breakfast Protein Variety Bar
Breakfast is a vital meal of the day. It gives You the necessary energy to take you throughout the day. This protein bar by Yoga bar is loaded with antioxidants, good-for-you protein, fiber, and omega 3’s.
All the 6 bars are made with 100% natural ingredients and are free from artificial flavors and preservatives. When you need a pre-workout pick-me-up, having a healthy protein bar will be ideal. The best bars taste good and fuel you throughout high-intensity training.
- Loaded with Many Ingredients: This breakfast protein bar by Yoga bar is infused with wholesome ingredients like oats, almonds, chia seed, quinoa, peanuts, millets, and flax seed. The combination of these components makes the bar a complete breakfast package that will not only leave you fuller for longer but also give you the required energy to work-out.
- A Mid-Morning Snack: Generally, we are supposed to take at least five meals a day. A mid-morning snack is vital to give you strength and power to carry out the day after the morning exercise. Yogabar serves exemplary well as a great mid-morning snack.
- All Natural: The bar has no artificial ingredients or preservatives making a suitable for athletes, bodybuilders, and strength trainers. More so, it can be used as a weight-loss supplement.
- No added preservatives or artificial ingredients
- A great mid-morning snack
- Excellent, convenient pick-me-up breakfast
- Infused with wholesome ingredients for better performance
- A little bit pricey
8. MuscleBlaze MB Burner Unflavored Capsules
Keeping fit and getting a sculpted body might be daunting especially when fats pulls you back. Good news is that MuscleBlaze heard your cry and produced a powerful supplement that comes in 90 tablets.
MuscleBlaze MB burner is a combination of green tea and grapefruit in concentrated forms. The ingredients are crafted to boost your fat loss regime seamlessly.
Green tea is one of the healthiest tea in the world. It contains nutrients and antioxidants which have positive effects on the body. The green tea extract in this supplements is concentrated in one capsule which can help in weight loss process.
Benefits of green tea extract:
- Loaded with antioxidants which reduces oxidative stress by eliminating free radicals
- Antioxidant reduces blood pressure and decreases inflammation
- The antioxidants contained in green tea extract protects the brain cells from oxidative stress
- Green tea extract contains catechins which have a decent amount of caffeine for weight loss
- It might reduce the risk of cancer
Lasts Longer than the Flavor: it keeps you healthy even after a strenuous workout. This supplement is formulated using plant-based and natural sources making it 100% vegetarian fat burner.
Energy Levels: MB capsules contains various ingredients like caffeine which will boost your energy levels without supplying your body with extra calories. It means you will work-out for long and better intense training gives you a lean body.
Reduces Hunger Pangs: MB Fat burner does not only help you to burn fat but also suppress your hunger pangs. It enhances the thermogenic process which in turn increases metabolism, helping you to burn off more fat. By blunting your appetite, the junk crave will eventually stop.
- Suppresses your appetite
- Designed to boost your energy levels
- Contain green tea which aid in weight loss
- Very effective when combined with a healthy diet and exercise
- Green tea extract might cause insomnia
- Not ideal for individuals who are caffeine intolerant
9. HealthKart Multivitamin with Ginseng Extract
HealthKart Multivitamin with Ginseng Extract contains Taurine, multimineral, and ginseng extract. It is enriched with all nine vital amino acids.
The primary purpose of this sports supplement is to improve alertness and focus. More so, it supports the overall health of an athlete. The recommended dose is I capsule per day, and this might help in boosting immunity.
Great Source of Protein: This supplement has the nine essential amino acids which our bodies cannot produce naturally on their own.
Boost Sugar Level: HealthKart Multivitamin is enriched with chromium ingredient that is responsible for increasing sugar levels in the body.
Enhances Bone Health: The supplement contains magnesium and Vitamin D which are vital in making the bones firmer and stronger.
Boost Mental Health: Mental and overall body health is vital for peak performance. HealthKart supplement is infused with ginseng extract that promotes concentration, focus, and alertness.
Ideal for Heart health and Digestion: A healthy heart keeps you off from a heart attack or even stroke. It makes you work for long without wearing out. This supplement aims at promoting digestive and heart health.
- A great source of protein for more energy
- It boosts digestion and enhances a healthy heart.
- The supplement also acts as a brain booster by increasing focus, concentration and alertness.
- It also improves vision/eye health
- Makes the bones strong and firm
- It might cause skin rashes as per the clients
- It might not give instant results
10. MuscleXP Men Daily Vital Energy
The sports arena is touted by energy drinks and caffeinated drinks. It’s time you drop that morning coffee and sugary energy drinks and embrace this supplement. It might not be designed to offer you an instant energy boost, but it is suitable for overall health.
- Metabolism and Energy Blend Taste: The supplement is specially designed for men who want extra multivitamin. The product supplies mineral, vital vitamins, and energy which are essential to men’s overall wellness.
- Balance Ingredients Formulation: the supplement contains active and quality ingredients to ensure you get the best out of it — no added synthetic coating or colors. The energy blend supplies the vital amino acids while providing energy.
- Loaded with Antioxidants: Using the best and high-quality minerals and vitamins are one of the features that set MuscleXP for men apart. It’s rich in antioxidants together with brain blend to enhance mental and overall wellness.
- High-Potency Minerals and Vitamins: The supplement supplies you with essential vitamins like folic acid, Vitamins A, B1, B3, B2, B6, B5, B12, C, D, E, K, and Biotin. Vital minerals are selenium, phosphorus, calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Enriched with Amino Acids: Eating food that is rich in amino acids enables you to maintain lean muscle mass and build muscle. More so, it encourages better body composition. This formula fight cell aging and eliminates free radicals.
- Infused with essential amino acids for peak performance
- The ingredients include caffeine, green tea, and ginseng
- Boost energy levels in the body
- Loaded with antioxidants for overall wellness
- Not ideal if you’re working on a tight budget
11. Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy Drink
Closing the list of our sports supplements is this superior product by Optimum Nutrition. ON is an international nutrition company that has gained a reputation for producing high-quality and effective supplements.
This product has the essential mix-up of amino acids which gives your energy needed for the workout.
- Caffeine: If you want an energy drink infused with caffeine from natural resources, then ON Amino Energy drink is your ideal product. The 100g caffeine boosts your energy level and fuels your muscles as you work out.
- Minimal Calories with No Sugar: High sugar levels and calories in the body hinders your weight loss journey. They act as a major drawback when it comes to fat burning. Fortunately, Amino Energy drink by Optimum Nutrition contains only ten calories per scoop with zero sugar.
- Optimal Usage Occasions: You can use the supplement before or during strenuous exercise. Furthermore, use it approximately 30 to 45 minutes after weight lifting.
- Pre-Workout Formula: Amino Energy drink will let you train vigorously and build muscle. This is aided by the presence of BCAA’s contained in the supplement. If you want to tackle high-intensity training, you can use 2 or more scoops.
- It supports muscle recovery during and after exercise
- Zero sugar and ten calories per scoop
- Boost energy levels
- Increased focus
- Some clients didn’t like the flavor
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is taking a sugar-filled snack pre-exercise harmful?
Thousands of studies have been done concerning this, and they show that consuming sugar pre-exercise does not really hurt your performance. Many athletes enjoy sugar-filled snacks for a quick-fix before starting their exercises. Some are however sugar sensitive and can end up rebounding from hypoglycemia. Here is what you should know:
- Avoid sugar 15-45 minutes before exercising and instead take it just immediately before you start to exercise. This is because the body will not have had the opportunity to produce insulin that inevitably leads to the “sugar crash”
- Choose foods that do not have a “sugar high” and these include oatmeal, peanut butter, and grain toast.
2. How can I gain muscles and lose fat?
It is not possible to lose weight and gain muscles at the same time. The body requires calories to build muscles, and losing weight requires you to limit your calorie intake.
Calories are the fuel needed to build muscles. A dieting athlete can do the following;
- Eat foods with low calories in order to lose fat.
- Eat foods high in proteins
- Eat meals frequently so you can have a steady supply of calories.
- Do some strength training to protect against losing muscles.
3. What can I eat in order to recover after an intense exercise?
After an intense exercise regime, you shouldn’t worry too much about recovery because your muscles are not yet depleted. What you should do is plan your meals properly for later and include carbs, sodium, and water.
Adding a little protein to the recovery meal or a small snack can help repair your sore muscles and also enhance the glycogen replacement if you are an athlete that has been neglecting to eat foods with high amounts of carbs.
If you weigh 150 pounds, the required daily dose of carbs should be 300 calories every 2-4 hours.
Proteins should be taken right after each exercise or during the exercise.
4. Must I take sports supplements if I am an athlete?
No. It’s not a must that you take supplements, but it is recommended due to the following benefits;
- Increased Energy to Work out
- Quick Recovery
- Weight Loss and Metabolism
- Improved Focus and Concentration
- Increased Work Out Efficiency and Performance
5. Which sports supplements will help improve my performance?
There are many great supplements that can help improve the performance of an athlete;
If this ingredient lacks in the daily diet of an athlete, then supplementing it with sports supplements will be of great benefit. Athletes use protein to repair and rebuild muscles. It also optimizes carbohydrate storage. There are many sources of protein like:
- Inulin fiber
- Vitamin D
- Fish oils.
Whichever supplements you use as an athlete, ensure to first consult your medical practitioner in order to receive the best advice regarding your body, and what will or will not work. Do not rely too much on over the counter products as these may not be the most ideal.
Most athletes adhere to a strict schedule and everything they put into their bodies has to be approved and regulated.
Do not use products for muscle enhancement such as steroids as these will ultimately mess your body up and even lead to some unwanted health conditions. However, if you are looking to get one we suggest to go for AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Unflavored and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Sports supplements are approved and recommended for everyday use.