Top 8 Best Cricket Kits
Most people in India play cricket. Though common cricketers find it extremely easy to find the perfect kit to use, newbies find it extremely difficult and challenging because they hardly have an idea of which is the best.
Whether choosing the finest and sturdiest bats, best pads, durable gloves, and even the most user-friendly cricket bag can come very tricky. That’s why in this article, we’re going to provide the most reliable buying tips and the top 10 cricket kits available in India.
Where can I start?
We get that many cricket kits appear identical at first glance. For this reason, it might be quite challenging to know the differences between each based on its performance. It’s extremely important that you know how to weigh your options, how often you plan to play cricket, and your budget.
Do you plan to play cricket for casual fun or you’re preparing for an upcoming league competition? Knowing your purpose of buying is a must, so you can narrow your search down way much easier.
Here are some of the things you must do:
- Read a comprehensive buying guide about cricket kits
- Know your purpose of buying a cricket bag kit
- Set a budget range
- Join online forums about cricket sports
In terms of choosing your cricket kit, you will also need to look for the one that perfectly matches the your profile. It’s important to match the right shape and size of your body, since your physical frame matters.
Just keep in mind that not all cricket kits are made equally. But the majority of cricket equipment is purposely designed to protect the batsman. It’s extremely important that you pick the right cricket kit that could provide you maximum safety. The tragic date of an Australian cricketer Philip Hughes dies when he was accidentally struck on the had by a ball.
Top 10 Best Cricket Kits
Top quality kit
Best comfort kit
The complete set
Best Durable Kit
Best for juniors
Quality on a budget
Best Budget kit
Here are some of the few essentials that you will find in the cricket kit.
In terms of picking your cricket ball, you have to distinguish whether you’re looking for a training or a practice ball. In addition to that, look for a ball that is water-proofed and made with quality materials.
Probably the most expensive equipment in your cricket kit is the bat. Its weight usually ranges from 1150-1350 grams. Look for a bat that has a solid grip, so it can provide you with extra protection.
Wearing a helmet is compulsory since it lessens the risk of head injury in case of accidents. That’s why it’s extremely important that you pick a durable helmet.
It is a standard rule that every cricketer must wear a helmet when they are playing. In terms of buying your cricket helmet, look for something that’s comfortable, fits well, and stays stable when you’re running.
Another thing to look for a helmet that has successfully passed the required safety tests, so you can have peace of mind while being in it. The majority of cricket helmets available in the market have some adjustments that you can play on for your comfort.
Every cricket helmet have nut settings, this can easily be repositioned or readjusted, so you can prevent a cricket ball to pass under the visor. The adjustment settings are also used to allow clearer and better visibility.
|Features||What you should look for?|
|Shell||It’s extremely important that the cricket helmet’s shell to be made with quality material. If you plan to play cricket often, then go for carbon fiber shells.|
|Grill||Go for the grill, instead of a full face cricket helmet. This will help you to have better visibility and provide better ventilation. The use of a grill in connection with a cricket helmet will also mean a better and higher degree of protection.|
|Padding||The padding in the helmet is also important to check. It must have a third layer of shock absorption. This will help in minimizing the impact of a cricket ball in case if it hits you. The padding will help you feel comfortable.|
|Chin strap||When it comes to checking the chin strap, just make sure that it’s durable and it has the ability to stay in a secure place once you lock it in.|
In playing the cricket sport, you will have to be able to effectively run and smoothly play strokes. Choosing the most suitable pad size will allow you to move swiftly and efficiently while at play. Getting the wrong size will only get in your way to perform best in your game.
Your batting stance must allow you to effectively hit the ball, make sure that get the right size of pads that suits your body profile. Make sure that your leg guard size is lined up right in right about the middle of the knee roll.
Also, do not forget to check the top of the pads, they should not get in the way of your hands. Your leg pads should allow you to move freely and comfortably.
The abdo guard also referred as, “box” is a protective gear to the groin. It’s one of the most essential pieces of cricket kit to provide you with optimal protection. As much as possible, never go out to bat without wearing an abdo guard and don’t expect that you can easily borrow from your co-players, since a kit usually only contain one abdo guard.
Most cricket players dislike the idea of having to wear thigh pads simply because they restrict efficient movement, this is an essential equipment to prevent and minimize serious bruising in case you hit the ground while running fast. You can wear it inside your trousers to minimize bodily movement restrictions.
Wearing a chest guard adds to your safety and protection. For some, it’s a bit comfortable and adds a little bit of weight on them while playing, but it can actually be worth it when you do fast bowling regularly and when you play on the odd dodgy pitch.
For most cricket players, they feel like arm guards are not worth wearing for they can be pretty restrictive in terms of movement. However, if you are a frequent bowler and you wanted to protect your arm, then you should definitely invest in getting an arm guard.
In terms of choosing the gloves, it must be a fitted pair of cricket gloves. Just keep in mind that the better the fit is, the better the protection it can provide. Carefully, check the gloves that are included in your cricket kit, make sure that you get one right glove and one left glove. Since manufacturers could accidentally produce 2 right gloves or 2 left gloves for one cricket kit.
Factors to consider when buying a cricket kit
In terms of buying your cricket kit, fitting is the number one factor your should carefully consider. The cricket helmet, gloves and pads must be a perfect fit, so it will not restrict your movement and vision.
Just keep in mind that when an equipment is too loose, it automatically detriments your level of safety and protection. The fitting must not be too loose or too tight.
Your body frame matters as well. You’ll have to pick the right pads that’s perfect for your size. It’s important that you consider your height and body build, so you can get the right pads, helmet, bat, and gloves.
There are cricket kits perfect for adult, senior, and junior players. Just keep in mind that in terms of buying a cricket kit for children, the style must be something bubbly and colorful. If you are an adult cricket player, go for some sleekly and smartly-designed cricket kits.
Of course, you can’t forget about making sure that the items you’re going to buy have adjustment features and nut settings. This will improve your performance in the game and will allow you to play comfortably.
Carefully check the items are easy to adjust. Since being able to make quick adjustments and change settings can make sure that equipment will fit you just fine.
Of course, you can’t forget about checking the quality of the cricket kit. It must have successfully passed the security and safety tests, so you can have ultimate peace of mind while playing the sports you love.
If you are wondering how you could find a durable cricket kit, you can conduct a background check about the product’s brand and look for user reviews. Top quality bands will provide you with the best and the most durable equipment to play cricket.
It’s important that you put your budget in consideration. There are many decent cricket kits that you can buy around INR 2,000 to INR 3,000. Setting a budget will help you narrow down your choices. If you plan to play the cricket sports more often, then you must consider investing a more durable and reasonable cricket kit price.
There are many available cricket kits available out there and it’s important to keep in mind that not all of them is created equally. In this buying guide, cricket kits that belong to low-price range costs around INR 1,000. Cricket kits that belong to mid-range costs around INR 2,500 to INR 3,500. While kits that belong to high price ranges from INR 4,000 and above.
Again if you plan to play the cricket sports more often then you will do casually, then invest in the kits that have advanced adjustable and net settings. This will make sure that you will be extra comfortable during the game.
Purpose of buying
Knowing the reason on why you’re buying a cricket is extremely important. It’s going to help you come up and and analyze the other factors that you need to consider. If you are going to play cricket casually, then your main concern is safety and comfort. However, if you plan to play the sports frequently.
1. GM Complete Kit with Helmet – Top quality kit
GM Complete Kit with Helmet is our top quality kit for players who have the budget for getting expensive gears. It comes with a helmet already so you don’t need to make a separate purchase for it.
GM is a great brand to keep your eye on. They make high-quality equipment that focus on comfort, durability and sturdiness. GM Complete Kit with Helmet is a good example of the kind of product that you can get from them. Kashmir willow cricket bat striker included in this kit is great for both beginners and professionals alike.
- Great for both junior and experienced cricket players
- Comes with durable and nicely designed helmet
- Kit includes batting legguard, a bt, abdominal guard, arm guard, thigh pad, and gloves
- It comes with a bat, batting legguard, helmet, thigh pad, gloves, abdominal guard, arm guard, and a GM duffle bag, which is pretty much what you will need when playing the game.
- Size is 6
- Equipment are durable
- Great for professional players and also for beginners
- The bag is easy to use
- Reputable brand
- A bit expensive
2. SG Economy Cricket Kit – Best comfort kit
If you want a better quality cricket kit for your kids, this one is for you? The accessories included in this best comfort kit will help keep your kids safe while playing the game.
Make sure that your kids have the right protection gears before playing the game since cricket is quite dangerous. Although the accessories are made of plastic, they are very durable and will last for a long time. It would be money well spent if you decide to purchase this kit. Helmet is not included in this set so you unfortunately have to do a separate purchase for it.
- Handy bag for keeping all the accessories together after playing
- Quality zipper on the bag and durable cricket accessories
- Comes with 1 pair batting pads, 1 pair thigh pads, 1 abdominal guard, 1 pair batting gloves, 1 cricket bat, 1 cricket helmet and 1 cricket kit bat
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Sleek design that junior players will like
- Great for kids who wants to practice the game
- Comes with durable protection gears
- Attractive design
- Reasonable price for the quality
- Made of durable plastic
- Helmet not included
3. SG 7PCS CRKT Cricket Kit – High-quality equipment
This kit is already at a high-price range and you should expect some really high-quality equipment at this range. SG Cricket Kit gives finest quality cricket equipment that will help you improve your performance. It comes basically most of the accessories you’ll need when playing the game.
Batting gloves have palms made from PVC and cotton which definitely makes it comfortable. It lets you hit the cricket ball real hard. Overall, SG is a great cricket brand that you can certainly have confident spending your hard-earned money on.
- Comes with extra durable base sheet and heavy duty nylon tapes
- Durable bag for keeping all the equipment
- Comfortable gloves that have palm shape made of PVC and cotton
- PVC finger rolls and cotton back with gusset for ventilation
- Comfortable gloves
- Equipment made of quality materials
- Heavy duty nylon with extra reinforcement for durability
- Great for players aging 18 years and up
- Comes with a helmet
- No negative point about the product
4. Cricket World Junior Red 7 Item Ezeepak Without Cricket Bat Sports Kit – The complete set
This cricket kit is designed for players 13 years and above. It comes with necessary accessories needed in playing cricket. There is a cricket helmet included in the kit too. That means you don’t have to buy helmet separately if you want to play cricket. Helmet is probably the most important protective gear when playing cricket. So, it is good to know that this kit already have the gear.
Other accessories included are batting leg guards, arm guard, thigh guard, batting gloves, and an abdominal guard. They are made of waterproof and durable material that withstand wear and tear. After playing, you can put all the accessories in the bag for safekeeping. This kit is truly a great choice if you want quality equipment for your cricket gameplay.
- This set comes with leg guards, arm guard, batting gloves, abdominal guard, thigh guard, and a cricket helmet.
- Batting red hand gloves are made of high quality cotton palm.
- Batting leg guard comes in red color and is made of high quality PVC facing.
- Cricket helmet comes in navy blue colo
- Great for practice, school matches, and training
- Comes with a helmet
- Accessories are made of high-quality material
- The bag has long side compartment to keep cricket bat
- Gloves have cotton filled finger rolls and thumbs for comfort
- Bag has multiple compartments for sorting the equipment properly
- A bit expensive
5. SG Kashmir Eco Cricket Kit – Best Durable Kit
Another great cricket kit from Kashmir. At this price range, you should be expecting some high-quality cricket kit that you can practice on if you want to play competitively. Thankfully, SG Cricket Kit does not disappoints.
It comes with various gears which you will need when playing cricket. There is a bag too, so you can put all the gears all at one place whenever you are done playing. It is great for both practicing and professional cricket players. The gears are made of quality materials which will ensure that they will last long. The price is reasonable considering that you will get high-quality equipment from SG, which is a reliable company when it comes to cricket gears.
- Durable kit bag that is made from heavy duty nylon material for youth sizes
- A handy external packet for the cricket bat
- Comes with legguard, batting gloves, thigh guard, kitbag, cricket bat, abdo guard, and arm guard
- Sizes choices for different age groups from children to adults
- From a reliable cricket gear brand
- Durable kit bag
- Reasonable price
- Cricket gears are light and comfortable
- Available in different sizes for different groups
- Doesn’t include a helmet
6. Spartan Cricket Junior Complete Batting Set – Best for juniors
If you a cricket set for your child, then Spartan Cricket Junior Complete Batting Set should be highly considered. It is one of those sets that will let you feel like a real professional players because of how comfortable and durable the equipment are.
Yes, only comes with a Kashmir Willow Bat, but you won’t be disappointed with its performance. The price is well worth the quality of the equipment in this kit. It comes with thigh pads, abdominal guard, should bag, batting gloves, and batting pads.
- It is ideal for young and older players
- Kashmir Willow Bat is at size 4 and size 5
- Comes with abdominal guard, shoulder bag, batting gloves, thigh pads, arm guard, and batting pads
- Also available in various sizes for different age groups ( 7 -14 years)
- Equipment are made of quality materials
- Makes for ideal gift
- Bag is easy to carry
- Comfortable equipment
- Doesn’t comes with a helmet
7. SG No.4 Cricket Set (Multicolour) – Quality on a budget
Another great product of SG brand. We want to include this set in this list since it comes with reasonable price and offers a really great product. Brand is definitely one of the factors that you should consider when buying a product. SG is a popular cricket brand which rarely disappoints their customers. It is one of the cheapest cricket kits.
The contemporary design makes it look attractive to both new and experienced players. It doesn’t look boring but doesn’t look overdone either. SG No.4 Cricket Set comes with a cricket bat, thigh guard, abdominal guard, arm guard, batting gloves and a kitbag.
- The kitbag is made from quality material
- It comes with a contemporary design
- External bat pocket for better safekeeping
- Kit includes a bat, batting gloves, thigh guard, abdominal guard, arm guard, and leg guard.
- Durable bag
- Comfortable cricket equipments
- External bat pocket
- Reasonable price
- Attractive design
- No helmet
8. e-YOP Popular Willow Cricket Bat With Wickets 3 Pcs, 2 Pcs Bails, Batting Gloves With 1 Tennis Ball – Best Budget kit
Getting a good cricket set with a small budget can be challenging. If you don’t have much money to spend on a cricket set, our best budget kit will be a great choice. It is perfect if you are just starting to teach your kids how to play the game.
That is a good start if you want to play the game right away. There are no protective gears in this set so you should have them purchase separately.
- Made of top quality wood
- Brown bat with popular willow material
- Bat has a height of 33.4 inch and its handle is at 11.4 inch
- Designed for players aging 9 to 14 years old
- Set includes 1 pair of gloves, 1 pc tennis ball, 3 wickets, 2 bails, and a cricket bat
- Great for beginners
- Made of top quality wood
- Colorful and attractive design
- Doesn’t include protective gears
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I maintain the quality of my helmet?
It’s always a mandatory that you maintain the quality of your cricket helmet. Its protective features will make you have peace of mind while playing crickets. When a cricket players fails to maintain his/her cricket helmet, this could lead to poor playing performance and putting your life on the line.
In other words, looking after your cricket helmet is very crucial. Here are some of the key points that you should always keep in mind in order for you to maintain the quality of your cricket helmet.
- In case your helmet encounters a sudden impact, make sure that you check your helmet for any noticeable damage as soon as possible. Look for any deformation or cracks.
- If there are any visible damaged areas, replace it ASAP with official parts
- In case, your cricket helmet gets badly damaged, it is highly suggested that you stop using it and replace it with a new one.
- Another important factor that you must consider is to always store your cricket helmet in a dry environment.
- Make sure that you keep your cricket helmet away from direct sunlight for ABS plastic can degrade over time.
- Make sure that you protect your helmet from potential impacts or compression while you put it in store.
- If your cricket helmet happens to not have any clothing covering. Carefully wipe away the dirt and stains away from it with the use of a damp cloth. You may use a mild detergent to clean it.
- If your cricket helmet comes with a cloth cover. Make sure that you wash and clean the cloth from time to time with the use of a bristled brush and mild detergent.
2. Are cricket kits expensive?
It really depends on the brand and the kind you’re looking for If you are looking for the kit that comes with adjustable features and reliable nut settings, then they might come a bit costly compared to standard cricket kit.
There are kits that you can buy around INR 2,000. It has all the essential equipment that you’ll ever need to start playing cricket. However, the quality could still be improved. If you plan to play the sports casually, then the kits that belong to low and mid-price ranges will work just fine.
If you are looking forward to play frequently or you’re preparing for an upcoming cricket tournament, then you’ll have to invest in a reliable and secure cricket kits. The one that belongs under the high price range will give you just that.
The nut settings are easy to adjust and the bat are in perfect size.
3. What are the things I should consider when buying a cricket helmet?
When it comes to purchasing protective products. The more you invest in higher-price range products, the better protection the equipment products can provide. High-end cricket equipment has some increased protection that could help in coping with higher balls speeds.
If you plan to play crickets frequently or you’re preparing for a cricket competition, invest in cricket helmets that have reliable shell materials like Carbon Fibre and Fibreglass. This will help in increasing the comfort levels and give a better fit.
Also, investing in quality cricket kit means that the comfort levels will be better, there will be a reduction in weight and you will feel extremely hot or sweaty inside your helmet. The majority of cricket helmets tend to have better ventilation and have some removable inserts.
A cricket helmet that comes with a sweat wicking materials is important, so your sweat won’t affect your vision while at play.
4. How to know if a cricket helmet is correctly fitted?
Making sure that your helmet is correctly fitted will add extra protection while you’re at play. Here are some of the points that you must remember.
- The cricket helmet should not be too loose nor too tight on the head, it must fit firmly.
- The helmet’s chin strap (must be durable) should be securely fitted.
- Try moving your head inside the cricket helmet, there must be no front-to back or side-to-side movement.
- The helmet’s chin strap must be able to fit the wearer’s chin not under it.
5. How to pick the right size of the helmet?
When it comes to choosing your cricket helmet, you’ll have to look for something that could provide a good fit and have durable materials within. If ever the helmet’s padding does not provide a good fit on your head or the chin strap is too loose, then the shock may not be effectively absorbed.
Adjustability is extremely important, so you can ensure the best fit. The sizing really lies on the helmet’s brand.
For small boys who love to play crickets, 51-53 cm would be a perfect fit.
For boys, 53-54 cm would be suitable.
For youth, 54-56 cm.
For men who have a smaller body frame, 56-58 cm would be suitable.
For men who have a medium body built, 58-60 cm is a perfect fit.
And for men who have a larger body frame, 60-62 cm is most suitable.
6. How to choose a cricket ball?
Know your purpose of buying a cricket ball. There’s a different ball for league matches, training, and for recreational cricket. Always make sure you know what you’re going to use it for.
7. What are batting gloves for?
The cricket gloves are used to provide the batsmen with enough and sufficient protection in order to prevent injury in case of accident. It also gives the player the confident and better performance. When you have the correct gloves that fit well, you’ll be able to have a better grip before you bat the ball.
8. Are cricket pads important?
Yes, it’s extremely necessary. For some players, they don’t like the idea since it restricts them from moving freely especially when they are at their batting stance. The padding provides better protection to the player. The key is to pick the one that suits your body type, so you will be able to move swiftly.
9. How to pick a cricket bag?
The cricket bag must have reliable straps. Some bags even feature a wheel that will allow you to carry the bag. Your cricket bag must be made of quality, so it can easily and safely contain all your cricket equipment.
And that’s it! It is important to buy the best cricket kit to make the most of it. We have listed top 10 cricket kits and we hope that will make your search simpler. Our top picks would be: GM Complete Kit with Helmet, SG Economy Cricket Kit and SG Kashmir Eco Cricket Kit.