Top 11 Best Nutrition Bars
It’s no doubt that a sit-down meal is a perfect approach to overall well-being and healthy weight loss. However, in this ever-busy world, even with the best intentions, there comes a time when sitting down for a mean becomes an impossible luxury. So, how will you stick to a healthy eating plan? This is where nutritional bars come in handy.
Choosing a meal replacement is widely accepted, but do it once in a while. Science has provided us with vitamin and protein capsules, but you have it one go, and that does not fulfill our hunger. Nutrition bar like a protein bar, energy bar has it all good taste, fills the stomach, and healthy ingredients. If you are a gym freak but does not want to have whey, then you can opt for vegan protein powder along with energy bars to see more effects in your body.
People nowadays are opting for meal replacement bars since they literally replace a meal and can be consumed in less amount of time. A healthy meal substitute you choose should fill an empty stomach and be nutritious without sabotaging your weight loss efforts. But to do this, you must select the right bar chocked with minerals, healthy nutrients, and vitamins. More so, ensure you are not allergic to the infused ingredients.
Top 11 Best Protein Bars
Our top pick
Best for Athletes
Works best as an energy booster
Best for workouts
Best for Weightloss
Best for muscle development
Best for Meal Replacement
Best for Women
Best for both Men and Women
Best for Metabolism
Best for Vegetarians
What is a Nutritional Bar?
A nutritional bar is a food item that is specially made to e consumed on the go. The manufacturing companies use a wide range of healthy nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, as well as carbohydrates and protein. This is with the aim of making you consume the right amount of nutrients required per day. A nutritional bar can focus on higher caloric load, or minimized carbs and high protein. It all depends on the intended purpose of the bar.
In most cases, a nutritional bar is made with complex carbohydrates to boost the energy levels in the body, often replacing a meal.
Major Classes of Nutritional Bars
Nutritional bars are classified into five major categories: meal-replacement bars, energy bars, protein bars, snack bars, and fiber bars. Every group has its benefits and drawbacks. They are also targeted to different sort of consumers.
These bars are built to push protein intake to the required levels. They are targeted for advanced athletes and weightlifters who need more protein to strengthen muscles. However, choosing the ideal protein bar can be daunting since the market is flooded with various protein bars. Let’s have a quick guide on how to choose a nutritional protein bar:
Check on Carbs to Protein Ratio
Essentially, a protein bar should contain at least 15g of protein per serving. If it offers less than that, then it will not give you the value for your money. Another crucial aspect to check is the carbs content. The protein content in the bar should be higher than carbs. It’s a protein bar, and so its content should be higher than other elements.
The best protein bars are loaded with top-grade proteins like whey and milk. Other contain soy which might not be good for it upsets consumer’s stomachs.
If you want to lose weight, then you should have a protein bar which has low carbohydrate content. If you lead a sedentary life, carbs are bad for you. Even if you’re active, try and consume fewer carbs. Excess carbohydrates are quickly converted to fat. But if you want a post-workout protein bar, then ensure it’s loaded with carbs to speed up your muscle recovery. When you consume carbohydrates after a workout, they quickly convert to glycogen to fuel your next exercise.
This is a major point. After all, you’re looking for a protein bar. You will get surprised to note that some protein bars contain so little protein content, actually less than 5gm per bar. Protein is crucial in keeping you fuller and reduces cravings and hunger pangs, which helps you to stick to a healthy diet. Furthermore, protein helps in burning excess fat since it has a thermic effect. Protein is needed for quick recovery after a strenuous workout and also in building muscles. Consuming a nutritional bar with little protein will, therefore, delay muscle recovery, making them shrink than grow.
Few Ingredients Are Better
A healthy protein bar has few ingredients. Some bars are made of nothing but unhealthy chemicals with others containing few natural ingredients. Ensure you check the nutrition label on the protein bar and the list of the ingredients used.
These kind of bars are simple but enough to replace an entire meal. They are mostly referred to as breakfast bars. They have an additional deck on the label that shows the included minerals and vitamins. Government regulations require these bars to meet a set standard of Carbs, protein, fat, and calorie criteria. They include meal replacement instructions. Follow these tips to choose the right bar:
Natural is Always Good
Let’s face it: no product will be better than real food itself. However, we might not be able to consume the required amount of nutrients per day. Now, when buying a meal-replacement bar, choose the product that contains natural elements.
Calories are essential in our bodies, and they give us energy. However, excess calories are stored as fat, which will be a drawback to your weight loss goal. The ultimate way to burn calories is to consume less and hit the track or gym. Meal-replacement bars are chocked with calories. That should not worry you as long as these calories do not come from saturated fats, or sugar, or simply fillers.
Read Nutrition Facts
Choosing the best meal-replacement bars means that you’re choosing a product that will help you achieve the daily intake of nutrients. So, how will you go about this? Read the ingredients labels. Get to know the right protein to ratio content. Learn about good and bad fats. Learn more about complex carbs and carbs that come from sugar.
Ingredients: Read the list of the elements provided. If sugar is one of the components, then that will not be a good a meal-replacement bar. The vitamins are always listed at the bottom. Read the list and understand how each will help you.
There is a limited number of fiber bars in the market. These bars are recommended for individuals who need more fiber in their diet. Fiber boost absorption and digestion. However, most of these products are sweetened with artificial flavors. If you want to pick the best fiber bar, follow the following tips:
Type of Bars
There are two different types of fiber: soluble and insoluble fiber. However, most of the bars include both.
When it comes to fiber bars, most of them are built around various styles and flavors. Some bars are marketed as candy bars while others look more like cereal bars which might be covered in chocolate. Picking the right flavor can be daunting because the bars do not taste like the real food they are supposed to resemble. However, some of the flavors include apple, various nit varieties, and chocolate.
Read the Nutrition Information
These products always differ depending on the type of fiber included and also the price. In most cases, pricey bars contain nearly all the essential fiber an individual requires daily. Others are only meant to be a supplement of fiber content, which includes both insoluble and soluble fiber. You will also realize that some snacks focus on a particular type of fiber.
Some of the fiber bars are specially made to suit meals at a particular time of the day. Some are ideal for breakfast, dinner, pre, or post-workout. Other is built to replace an entire meal for people who are on weight loss goals. But in most cases, people always prefer bars with low carbs or low caloric lifestyles.
Know the Ingredients
One of the most crucial parts when buying fiber bars is to check the ingredients list. These snacks are stashed with some elements. Some contain gluten and nuts. If you’re gluten or nut intolerance, then keep of bars that have these ingredients. There is always something for every. Choose what will work best for you.
Buying a fiber bar means investing in a snack that will supplement your fiber intake. But that doesn’t mean you have to break your bank to acquire one. Fiber bars, which contain nearly all essential fiber tend to be expensive. If you cannot afford such, go for an alternative bar whereby you can supplement the missing fiber content with food.
Nutritional bars are shaped to boost energy, especially for working people. Due to their small sizes, you can easily stash a bar in your bag. A snack bar is simple to incorporate in lifestyle. However, these types of bars are not meant to replace meals. You just take them between meals to keep you fuller for a certain period to help you avoid junk. For you to pick the right snack bar:
Watch Out for Calories
We don’t mean calories are bad, but too much of it will lead to weight gain. Some bars might contain low-quality ingredients, high in calories, synthetic vitamins, and minerals, as well as tons of additives. Be watchful as some companies make false claims about the carb content.
What are the Main Ingredients
The first thing you should check in a snack bar is the ingredients used. Know what is made of and how the content will help you achieve your mineral and vitamins daily intake. If you want a bar that will fuel your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer, then go a product that is high in protein. A snack bar with high protein content will also help you in building muscles as well as muscle recovery after strenuous exercises. If you want a healthy snack bar, we would recommend you pick a bar that has 50% of the ingredients that combines fruits, nuts, whole grains, and seeds. This combination will supply you with good fats and fiber for easy digestibility. On the other hands, the fruit will give the bar a sweet flavor to make it palatable.
A healthy snack bar is supposed to keep you going between the meals. The energy in a bar is determined by the ingredients used, and the kilojoules produced. If you are on a diet or a weight loss journey, choose a snack bar that does not contain more than 600kj. Snack bars with seeds and nuts might produce high energy content. These bars are ideal for people who need a higher-energy fiber.
Added sugars provide energy and high content of calories. On the other hand, dried fruits add sugar and fiber into the snack bar. The best snack bar should contain 10g or less of sugar per bar.
With many varieties of energy chews and energy bars on the market, picking the right bar can get unnerving. Best energy bars are high-protein, low-carb, high-sugar, high-carb, low-fat, high-fiber, whole-grain, fortified, and organic bars. They also come in different flavors. All these make your choice of the best energy bars more complex.
Initially, the energy bars were meant for performing athletes, weightlifters, and bodybuilders. But today they can be consumed by anyone. Each bar serves a certain portion of ingredients. Below we have outlined some tips to help you choose what bar and when.
Judge the Fat
An energy bar with a little fat can support a great sense of satisfaction and fullness. A bar with high-fat content is simply a fat source. 11g of fat in an energy bar might be too high. Apart from fat content, check the ingredients used. Organic honey, raw pumpkin seeds, organic oats, and peanut butter offers healthy fats. If the label reads glucose syrup, milk chocolate, chocolate chips, and whey protein, you’re likely to get bad fats.
A fortified energy bar is suitable for a runner who is struggling to meet certain minerals and vitamins needs. An athlete struggling with anemia may choose a bar loaded with iron. The drawback of snacking on fortified bars is that it might lead to excessive consumption of nutrients.
The right energy bar should have a little carb, fat, and protein. Some of the bars are low in carbohydrates. If you are on a strenuous exercise regime, keep off low-carb bars.
Protein is Potent
Energy bars are typically marketed as energy boosters. This is due to the protein content in the product. For a pre-workout energy bar, choose an item that is concentrated with carbohydrates. For a post-workout bar, get the one loaded with protein. It also promotes quick muscle recovery.
1. Yogabar Protein Variety Box – Our top pick
Your tummy is rumbling, and you don’t have an idea of silencing it with simple planning. If you love traveling and need something to cool your hunger pangs while keeping you in shape, this piece of protein bars will keep going. Many companies produce protein powders but only a few manufacture protein bars.
Yogabar will supply you with protein when riding, relaxing on your couch, or even when chilling on a beach.
- Rich in Protein: Yoga bar is made to give you approximately 22gms of protein in each bar. Apart from protein, you also get 10gms of fiber, 300mgs of Omega from 3 bars, and calcium. The bar is suitable for individuals who need a healthy snack to keep their body fuller.
- 100% Natural: looking for a healthy meal loaded with natural ingredients? A yoga protein bar is a perfect solution. It has no artificial colors, no preservatives, no processed sugars, and no artificial flavors. The antioxidant-rich ingredients which slow the oxidation and removes free radicals. These ingredients also promote overall wellbeing if the users.
- Balanced Nutrition: Yoga bar is stacked with high quality, simple, and well-researched ingredients to provide you with balanced nutrition. The strong combination of blended millet, grains, nuts, and seed offers you a perfect energy boost to keep you going throughout the day.
- Taste: This nutritional bar is honestly tasty. That’s to the sweet combination of coffee, chocolate, peanuts, orange, and vanilla- all blended to give you a flavor that will tickle your taste buds.
- Loaded with natural ingredients to provide you with impressive results
- It will keep you full for long
- Ideal for people who love traveling
- Full of energy and tasty
- A little high carbohydrates content
2. RiteBite Work-Out Choco Classic Bar – Best for Athletes
Whether your brisk-walking, bodybuilding, doing high-intensity workouts, dancing Zumba, Tabata, and even yoga, you need the energy to keep you going. Although there is food that can fuel our muscles, most of the times we don’t tend to get the best out of it. Taking a coffee or prior banana workouts might boost your energy but not for long. Therefore, you need something to compliment your diet and fuel your energy levels, and that is RiteBite Choco Classic bar. The bar is an excellent nutritional package with the goodness of fiber, nuts, protein, and chocolate.
- Rich in Protein: You need proteins to help you kick-start your Yoga and other intensity workouts. RiteBite is loaded with 10gm of protein and 4gm of fiber, which will fill your daily nutritional gap. Your morning or evening cardio will feel much enthralling with a high-level of energy throughout.
- Tasty: When it comes to nutritional bars, one of the main aspects is to ensure they are delicious. This might be one of the strategies by manufacturing. This classic bar is made from delightful and tasty chocolate to make it pleasant for everybody. The tasty nature makes it an ideal bar for daily consumption.
- Well-Balanced Nutritional Bar: Do you feel that your daily food intake lacks some nutrients or vitamins? Don’t worry. RiteBite classic Choco bar is loaded with a myriad of ingredients to supplement the elements requiring in your food. It contains minerals, Omega 3, vitamins, and electrolytes.
- Pre-Workout Snack: Do you want to rule in the arena during indoor soccer? Do need something that will keep you going amidst marathon? Then this bar is a must-have. The protein bar is loaded with a combination of various nutrients to give you the much-needed energy for your exercises.
- Made from chocolate for a delightful taste
- A perfect pre-workout snack
- Stacked with various ingredients to boost your energy
- Healthy and tasty
- The added sugars and high carbohydrates might not be ideal for professional sportspeople
3. Mettle Mocha Hazelnut Energy Bars – Works best as an energy booster
An energy bar which comes as a mixture of protein-rich chia and peanuts, with a slight layer of chocolate combined with quickness of mocha, makes this energy bar tasty and healthy. Mettle Mocha Hazelnut Energy Bars is a new product in the market in the ranges of energy bars. Due to the flavor of Mocha, it makes the bar an energy booster.
- This energy bar is a good and preferable option for all the coffee lovers out there. It comes as a mixture of sweetness along with the quickness of mocha. Due to the addition of Mocha, it could be a good energy booster for users.
- The energy bar has a good amount of hazelnut, which makes it a product with a high content of vitamins and minerals.
- This energy bar has a shelf life of 0-6 months.
- 100% pure vegetarian bar.
- Each of the bars weighs 35g. (35g x 12 pieces)
- This energy bar is a mixture of flavors you will love. The perkiness of Mocha, a layer of chocolate and fiber and protein-rich chia and peanuts, all of these ingredients make it full of flavors.
- The easy to carry pack allows you to carry it inside your bags or pocket, and you can have it when you feel hungry.
- Not just in flavors and minerals is this energy bar efficient. They are a perfect option if you are conscious of your health and diet. No added artificial flavors, no added sugar, and antioxidants, all of these make it the best energy bar.
- No such cons were mentioned by the users.
4. Rine Bars Mighty Chocolate High Protein Bar – Best for workouts
If you are serious about your workout regime, then you already know the benefits of protein. Protein is the foundation block for people who are trying to build muscle mass. If you work hard and train hard, you’ll know that every calorie counts and how you refuel your body matters. This is the reason why Rine Bars are the best workout snack and have all high natural protein in a bar. The bar has been manufactured with your workout goals and fitness in mind. More so, it is produced to help with performance and recovery.
- 100% Natural and Healthy: Weight loss or bodybuilding journey requires lots of dedication, especially on the diet side. You should only consume the right food with the right amount of minerals and vitamins. But is it possible to get good, which is solely loaded with all the required nutrients? Probably not! Fortunately, Rine Protein Bars are infused with 100% natural ingredients that will not only fuel your energy level but also provide you with all the required nutritional components. No corn syrup, no processed sugar, no additives, no sugar alcohols, non-GMO, and no liquid glucose.
- High-Quality: Rine Bars are dedicated to producing high-quality bars to give you the value for your money. And with this particular bar, they made it with the best gold standard and include whey protein to make the product a top-notch in the market.
- Tasty: The Rine bar will tickle your buds and leaves you yearning for more. It is rated as one of the most delicious protein bars in India.
- 100% natural and super healthy
- Tastiest protein bar in India
- Made with seeds, dry fruits, and superfoods
- Gold standard whey protein included
- It’s a costly bar but will give you the value for your money
5. RiteBite Max Protein Choco Fudge Bar – Best for Weightloss
Losing weight can be an unnerving task. Losing weight takes 80% of the food you consume, 20% exercise, and 100% mindset. Well, we live on a planet where people seems too busy chasing goals and failing to take care of themselves. Sedentary life is dangerous as well as unhealthy food. If you don’t have time to do cardio, then you cannot lack 2 minutes to make a healthy meal. That is why RiteBite Max Protein came up with this snack, which is rated as one of the best nutritional bars in the market.
When rushing down to meet business partners or when you are too busy oversight a project, you can easily grab this bar for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Ideal for Everyone: Most of the nutritional bars and powders are restricted to a certain age. For instance, brain supplements are mostly used by aging people who need to boost their brain health. However, this bar can be consumed by anyone who is above 18 years of age.
- Keeps You Active: You need to be active for you to produce positive results- whether in class or business. This bar will stimulate your mind and give you busy throughout the day. Another significant aspect that helps you be energy is the ability of the bar to control the sugar levels.
- Excellent Ingredients: It contains flaxseeds which are loaded with omega-three fatty acids. The fatty acids help in controlling the cholesterol levels in the blood to prevent obesity.
- The protein bar is designed to manage your sugar levels
- Ideal for replacing a meal
- Can be consumed by anyone who is above 18 years of age
- Contains 21 minerals and vitamins
- Has omega-three fatty acids suitable for controlling cholesterol levels in the blood
- A few users complained about its taste
6. MuscleBlaze Protein Bar – Best for muscle development
When picking the best protein bars in India, MuscleBlaze brand always takes the lead. This is because the compo any is known for making premium protein bars for nutrition and fitness. When you want a supplement that will help you manage your daily protein intake, then munch on MuscleBlaze protein bar. The newly launched bar is an incredible supplement for your daily protein intake. Although it’s quite new in the market, it’s touted as the most popular protein bars in India.
- Rich in Protein: MuscleBlaze Protein Bar is an excellent supplement for individuals who want to manage their daily protein intake. It is a great snack and can be used pre and post-workout. Protein is essential as it keeps you satiated and suppresses hunger pangs. With 22grams of protein per serving, this bar will keep your metabolism high and help you burn more calories.
- Weight Loss Bar: Losing weight can be unnerving, and some people end up giving up. Keeping up with a healthy meal can sometimes be difficult. This MuscleBlaze, however, will help you naturally shed tons of pounds. It has no added sugar and 100% gluten-free. The protein content will also boost your metabolism to help you get rid of unwanted fats.
- High in Fibre: The MuscleBlaze protein bar is infused with Almond Fudge flavor, which promotes protein absorption and digestibility.
- Low Carb Content: If you are calories conscious, then this is the perfect per for you. The low carbs contents mean low calories, which will help you maintain a healthy caloric intake each day.
- No added sugar to help you have a healthy caloric intake
- Almond fudge flavor enhances absorption and digestibility
- Quick and healthy snack
- It’s not tasty
- Not ideal if you’re working on a tight budget
7. EAT Anytime Mindful Protein Cookies Pack of 8 – Best for Meal Replacement
During a hectic day at work, it might be hard for you to get a healthy snack.
In most cases, you might end up eating junk food and drinking sweetened drinks. As a result, this will be detrimental to your health and also make you pump in more pounds. Remember, junk food creates insatiable cravings that will make you keep on gulping unhealthy calories. EAT Anytime Mindful Protein cookies are built with healthy ingredients to help you consume a tasty and powerful snack.
- Eat Healthy at Any time: The protein cookie is a combination of wholesome and healthy ingredients that are blended in an inexpensive package. It has unique flavors that will uplift your mood.
- Debunk the Junk: A healthy life means eating a healthy diet. However, it becomes uneasy about getting a healthy meal, especially during hectic workdays. So, what do you do? It’s simple! Grab EAT Protein Cookie, which is loaded with essential nutrients to curb hunger pangs healthily.
- Pre and Post-Workout Nutritional Bar: Being a gym freak means you need a constant supply of protein and in the right amount. EAT Anytime Protein cookies are fortified with CLA to ensure you get the required protein content. Consuming four cookies with a hot cup of coffee before hitting the track will keep you set for acing the entire session.
- Ideal for Weight Loss: The cookie has no added sugar, no cholesterol, contains complex carbs, low glycemic index, contains essential fatty acids, and no transfat. This combination gives you a healthy snack that will boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
- An excellent per and post-workout snack
- Loaded with healthy ingredients
- No added sugar or preservative
- A few users complained about the taste
8. SIRIMIRI Nutrition Bar – Best for Women
Living an active lifestyle and consuming the ideal food goes a long way for your well-being and for your family. SIRIMIRI Nutrition bar is manufactured by women from all walks of life who wish to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle. The text and texture make this bar a darling to many. It is packed in good amount protein and dietary fibers per serving.
- Natural ingredients: SIRIMIRI nutrition bar is the best natural product in the market. It delivers all minerals and vitamins directly from the ingredients. The best thing about this bar is that it can be consumed by anyone since it doesn’t contain artificial preservatives. However, be keen when buying any bar that has elements you’re allergic to.
- Ideal for Weight Loss: Trying to get in shape is not a walk in the park. The hardest part is when you are trying to make a healthy meal. SIRIMIR is one of the nutritional bars which is built without preservatives, no added sugars, no soy protein, no artificial colors or flavors, and no hydrogenated oil. All these sums this bar as a healthy package.
- Healthy Nutritional Portions: Eating healthy dictates that you consume the right amount of nutrients per day or meal. However, this might not be achievable in some circumstances. SIRIMIRI nutritional bar is loaded with all essential nutrients to keep you healthy. Each 40g bar contains;
- 5% Vitamin E
- 9% Fiber
- 7% Protein
- 8% Zinc
- 7% Folates
- 10% Vitamin K
- 15% Magnesium and,
- 8% Iron
- This combination makes the bar a healthy snack for your family.
- Loaded with protein for increased metabolism
- Made of natural ingredients
- Very tasty
- Has not artificial elements making it a healthy snack
- An energy booster
- A bit pricey
9. Trekk Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Bar – Best for both Men and Women
The best nutritional bar should be stacked with enough nutrients to meet your dietary goals. Remember, you are what you eat. Luckily, we can make conscious decisions about our health habits and work tirelessly to achieve healthy goals. Trekk is a reputable company that blends natural and healthy ingredients to make nutritional bars. The flavors are tantalizing as well. The Trekk Blueberry Cheesecake Protein bar is made for both men and women.
- High Fiber & High Protein Snack: Trek bar is the perfect combination of high fiber and high protein. Fiber improves the digestibility of the bar while the protein content keeps you full for longer. In short, this snack will tackle hunger pangs. The protein blend includes pea protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. It enhances and supplements your protein daily intake.
- A Pre-Workout Snack: High-intensity workouts like sprinting, body lifting, racing, and even cardio requires you to have a meal that will fuel your energy levels. Protein is an ideal option, and in this case, this bar is stacked with high protein. It will keep you going for long. You can also use it after training to help in muscle recovery.
- On-The-Go Meal: In today’s on-the-run world, sitting down to have a healthy meal sometimes becomes an impossible luxury. But the good thing is that nutritional bars are readily available. Trekk bar is loaded with all the essentials ingredients that will give you the required nutrients intake daily. Always stash the bar in your back and have a bite as you’re going downstairs for a meeting.
- High in protein and fiber for easy digestibility and improved energy levels
- A perfect pre and post-workout snack
- Supplement and enhances your daily protein intake
- Contains artificial sugars
10. HYP Double Chocolate Protein Cookies – Best for Metabolism
Low-carbohydrate, high protein diets are the best thing after sliced bread. These diets enhance energy levels, promotes muscle build and recovery, and boost your metabolism, which fuels your weight loss progress. This double chocolate protein bars by HYP is 100% vegetarian product which is entirely made with whole wheat.
- Whole Wheat: Whole grains are loaded nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. More so they provide us with high fiber and antioxidants. According to the study, a regular intake of whole wheat can reduce the risk of chronic diseases as well as maintaining a proper and healthy function of the body. HYP protein cookies are made with whole wheat making it ideal for releasing energy in muscles and building bones.
- High Protein Content: The cookies contain 10grams of protein, which consist of milk and whey. Whey is top grade protein containing all essential amino acids. More so, it is digestible and gets absorbed from the gut pretty fast.
- Promote Muscle Growth: Bodybuilders understand the health benefits of protein inclusion in their diets. As we age, the muscle mass also declines, which might lead to fat gain. The cookies contain whey, which greatly promotes muscle growth. Muscle growth also means a decline in fat levels in the body. This is beneficial as it might help to lower blood pressure and prevent chronic diseases like Type 2 diabetes.
- An excellent energy booster
- Promotes muscle growth
- Top grade protein content
- Whey protein might treat type 2 diabetes
- Users complain about its taste
- It is a bit pricey.
11. SIRIMIRI Nutrition Bar Ginger and Mangoes – Best for Vegetarians
Closing the list of the best nutritional bars in the market is the Ginger and Mangoes nutrition bar by SIRIMIRI. This is a vegetarian product that is made of natural ingredients. Coping with busy workdays can take a toll on you. Endless meetings or errands to run might deplete your energy. As a result, you will crave for junk and sweetened drinks. Having this bar stashed in your bag will solve the quagmire.
- High in Fiber and Protein: The fiber content in SIRIMIRI Nutrition bar makes the product to get digested fast. The protein ensures you get the necessary energy to work out. The combination of the two-ingredient makes this bar a perfect pre and post-workout snack.
- All Natural: If you are on a journey to lose some pounds, then you have found the right product. This nutritional bar is loaded with natural ingredients with no added sugars, no preservatives, no hydrogenated oil, or artificial colors and flavors. Consuming it allows you to get the right amount of daily nutrients to intake without adding fats in the body.
- Tons of Ingredients: Some of the healthy ingredients used are flax seeds, ginger, dried mango, honey, Australian rolled oats, butter, and sesame seeds.
- Excellent bar with lots of seeds and nuts
- Natural cardamom flavor makes it tasty
- High in nutrition
- Great for weight loss
- Too sweet
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are pure protein bars healthy?
Pure protein bars are healthy for your body only to a certain extent. Considering the fact that it could be eaten as a snack, but these can also work as a meal replacement, they do not have the highest protein out of all the other bars. But it does not contain all the proteins and vitamins and it can taste a bit chalky.
2 .Can you eat pure protein bars for weight loss?
Most Pure protein bar has high calories. Therefore, they cannot be a good option for your weight loss. But few nutritional bars have zero sugar in it, that can be consumed while you are on your weightloss journey.
3. What are nutritional bars?
These are a balanced mix of nutrients that most people take to fuel and revive their bodies. They are small in size and some cases even pocket-sized, which means that they can easily fit into your bag or purse and they are perfectly healthy snacks and meals for anyone on the go, or people who tend to be too busy for meals such as lunch.
4. What are they made of?
The healthiest nutritional bars are mostly made of either oat, granola, whole grain or cereals. These ingredients normally deliver a good dose of energy when you need it the most. The fiber also keeps you sated and energized throughout the day.
They also contain helpful ingredients such as nuts, supersedes, and dried fruits, plus, you can also find honey, and quinoa, which is all extremely healthy for you.
5. How do I select the best bar?
There are numerous products in the market today, and what you should keep in mind while shopping for a healthy bar is the nutritional content. Also, remember that not all are as good as they claim.
The following tips will help you in choosing the best;
Buy natural and organic bars – always read the ingredients on the wrapping paper so you can be sure that the bar you have does not contain any chemicals, and that it is made up of natural ingredients.
Buy sugar-free nutritional bars – again, check the ingredients to ensure it doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners which are going to do you more harm than good. The best will contain maple syrup and corn syrup, which are better variations of sugar.
Buy a good quality protein bar – Consider the protein contained in the bar, and a good one should also tell you the right time to eat the bar. A bar that contains at least 10-20gms of proteins is most ideal for you.
Be careful about low-fat bars – a little amount of fat in protein bars is important, especially when it comes to the healthy omega-3 protein bars. You should, however, ensure to look out for those that contain saturated fats or trans-fat, as they are the most ideal.
6. Is it okay to eat nutritional bars daily?
Eating them daily is okay, provided you ensure that you get enough nutrients and especially whole foods from your other meals. This doesn’t mean that every bar is good for you, and if you are taking it as a snack, make sure that it is under 220 calories.
7. Which is the best time to eat nutritional bars?
This will mostly depend on how active you are.
For athletes, you are eating a protein bar just before a match is good. This is because it will give you the energy boost you need to perform. Choose one that contains a protein powder such as whey protein or milk nutrients.
You can also eat a nutritional bar 30 minutes after a match or after exercising to re-energize and get the amino acids required for your body.
For the rest of the people who are not athletes, the best time would be breakfast time, because breakfast is the most unappreciated meal of the day. Most people tend to skin it which is wrong. Eating a nutritional bar in the morning can go a long way in ensuring your body receives the required nutrients to remain healthy.
8. Are nutritional bars good for weight loss?
If you are trying to lose weight, nutritional bars can be perfect go-to snacks. You should, however, be wary of those that contain high amounts of sugar and calories as they will be a wasted effort.
Go for bars that have high levels of nutrients such as granola bars, as these also have very little sugar in them, and they can be perfect for weight loss.
9. Is it bad to eat protein bar without workout?
No. this is not bad; however, consuming high amounts of nutritional bars without working out can lead to weight gain.
If you do not work out, ensure to choose bars that are either very low in calories or those that do not have high energy boosters.
10. Which nutritional bars can I buy in India?
Almost all of the bars we have listed above are available in India, and therefore choosing from our selection will ensure you receive nothing but the best of bars.
When it comes to your health, you must be very careful about what you put into your body, because it can either make you or destroy you.
Health practitioners are always encouraging people to ensure they eat a healthy and balanced diet every day, but people rarely follow these instructions, and this is where protein bars and multivitamins come in, to supplement what you may be missing. Our Top pick would be Yoga bar Protein Variety Box and RiteBite Work-Out Choco Classic Bar because of their ingredients and taste.
Ensure to consult your doctor before choosing these products as they will always have the best advice for you.