Top 16 Best Whey Protein Powders
Protein Powder has become a common name among the health-conscious, athletes and gym enthusiasts. They require a large quantity of high-quality protein in their diet to maintain their physique and promote muscle growth and development.
Whey protein is a high-quality protein source that contains all essential amino acids, and some branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) which build blocks for muscle growth. It is a low-carb option for people who needs to lose weight, boost metabolism, and improve muscle tone.
This protein powder is made from skimmed milk that separates during cheese production, called whey. It is the perfect substitute for eggs or chicken intake in a day.
So, are you curious about different types of protein powder and how whey protein powder is made? This article explains the benefits of whey protein powder a perfect guide and FAQ’s for all the first time buyers.
This is followed by our detailed review of the top 16 best whey protein powders along with the links to purchase them at the leading e-commerce website namely, Amazon.
Top 16 Best Whey Protein Powder in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Calorie Conscious Whey Protein
Best Whey Isolate Protein
The Purest Whey Concentrate
The Budget-Friendly Whey Protein
Best Whey Protein For Lactose-Intolerant People
The Complete Amino-Acid Profile
Scientifically Proven Whey Protein
How is Whey Protein Powder Made?
So, what is whey? Well, to answer that question, whey protein powder is a dairy product that is obtained from milk during the long cheese-making process. It is made out of whey, which is the liquid part of milk, which separates during the production of cheese.
So, before knowing how this protein powder is made, it is necessary to know the process of whey formation. In the cheese manufacturing facilities, the milk undergoes pasteurization to ensure that there are no bacteria present in it.
During this process, the milk is heated to its boiling point (70-80 º C), followed by which it is cooled down to 4 º C. This results in the milk consisting of 20% whey and 80% casein, both of which can be used to make protein powders.
Followed by this, enzymes are used in the milk, which splits it into a solid part and a liquid part that floats on top. This liquid portion is called whey, which is then sent for further purification to remove the carbohydrates, fats as well as water.
Well, that is not the end! To obtain the actual whey protein liquid, the remaining output is sent to protein manufacturing plants where under natural processes the fat and lactose is separated from the liquid.
The whey liquid is then put into dryers that dry out all the water, giving us the actual whey powder! This powder being abundant in its nutritional value is later processed with various flavors and presented in the markets in airtight packages for consumption.
This is later purchased by gym enthusiasts, athletes, and body-builders for adding protein into their daily diet in a much easier way.
Whey Protein Powder Benefits
Whey protein powder is the best source of protein as it consists of all the nine essential amino acids. It is most commonly used by body-builders and athletes for muscle growth.
Whey protein powder is the perfect protein supplement that boosts muscle growth due to the amino acid leucine while also promoting weight loss.
It is also very useful when added to the diet of people struggling with obesity.
The leucine present in this protein powder reduces hunger significantly along with decreasing liver fat. It also helps in decreasing high blood pressure and bad cholesterol, preventing heart and other health problems.
Whey protein powder can be used by slim individuals to add mass to their bodies. Check out weight gain supplements.
It helps in treating type two diabetes by decreasing the level of glucose in the body. Studies have also shown that the use of whey protein can help in fighting certain forms of cancer like prostate and colon.
It has a few side effects like nausea, bloating, thirst, reduced appetite, or a headache but overall it is a great protein supplement that has diverse benefits.
Types of Whey Protein Powder
Whey Protein Concentrate
This is the concentrated form of protein that is directly processed from whey. It contains 80% protein and is used by body-builders for strengthening, building, or repairing muscles.
Whey protein concentrate is the most popular and economical protein powders because of its reasonable pricing. It can be used easily by a first-time buyer for pre or post-workout consumption without having to spend a huge sum.
However, it is not recommended for lactose-intolerant people due to its high lactose content.
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey isolate is one of the purest forms of protein with 90% protein content. It is the perfect post-workout supplement for athletes and bodybuilders because of its branched-chain amino acids and other vital nutrients.
Whey protein isolate powder is used to shed extra fat and also balance the sugar levels in the body. Its low level of carbohydrate, fat, and lactose content makes it the ideal protein supplement for even the lactose-intolerant people. However, the only drawback of this protein powder is that it is quite expensive compared to whey concentrate.
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
Hydrolyzed whey protein powder goes through additional processing to break down the protein into smaller fragments. This helps in faster digestion and absorption making it the best protein drink for post-workout consumption. It has the highest protein content of 90% with zero carbohydrates, lactose or fat.
It enhances muscle protein synthesis and fulfills all the basic requirements of the body. The only drawback is that it is the most expensive protein powder compared to whey concentrate and isolate protein powder.
Check out the best Vegan Protein Powder
There are a variety of whey protein powders available in the market for you to choose from. This is the list of a few things to keep in mind before purchasing the most suitable whey protein powder.
It is important to take note of the protein content per serving of whey protein powder. The highest protein content of more than 90% is present in the hydrolyzed protein powder. The purest form of whey powder that contains 90% protein is in isolate powders. On the other hand, whey concentrate contains 80% protein in it.
It is recommended to go for a whey protein powder that contains at least 24 g of protein per 30 g serving. This is required to maintain muscle and promote muscle synthesis.
While purchasing whey protein powder, it is important to go through the list of ingredients before making the buy. It is essential that the protein has no added preservatives and dyes.
It should be gluten-free and low in carbohydrates and fats. Moreover, the whey protein should consist of all the nine essential amino acids.
The best whey protein powder you purchase should contain the calories required by you in your daily diet. Thus, check that the protein has all the essential requirements for your body!
Mass Gain or Mass Loss
Choosing a whey protein powder according to your requirements is important. If you want to gain, mass chooses a whey protein that consists of a higher amount of calories and fat. This will help you gain weight along with muscle while maintaining a proper diet.
If you need to lose weight especially for an obese person, it is important for you to choose a whey protein powder with a lower amount of calories with zero fat. This ensures mass loss. Thus, know what you want before buying a whey protein supplement.
No one likes the taste of unflavored protein powder. Thus, many brands like Optimum Nutrition (ON) has introduced over 20 flavors to their whey protein powder.
These include chocolate mint, vanilla ice-cream, delicious chocolate, and cocoa mocha to name a few. Out of these, the vanilla whey protein powder is most recommended.
The flavor preference differs per individual. You can easily choose the flavor which you love the most! This makes you maintain a healthy body by adding a tasty and flavorful drink for the post or pre-workout sessions.
Usually, the whey protein supplements that are available in their raw form and do not come in any flavor. This taste is not preferred by many, so many brands have introduced flavors to the protein powder along with artificial sweeteners. Sugar adds to the increase in calories.
The brand also plays a significant role when buying whey protein powders. It is always recommended to go for a well-known brand like AS-IT-IS, Optimum Nutrition (ON), or MuscleBlaze. A good brand ensures a good quality product that gives the best possible results by promoting muscle growth and recovery.
Thus, before buying a supplement ensure that you research the good brands that offer you the finest quality whey protein powders to maintain muscle synthesis.
Price is an important factor while purchasing the ideal whey protein. Usually, beginners are not sure about the right protein powder for themselves. Hence, whey protein concentrate is the most suitable protein for them because of its reasonable price.
On the other hand, if the price is no bar, you can easily choose an isolate or hydrolyzed protein powder. They are known for being expensive due to the added processing. Hydrolyzed whey protein is the costliest whey protein!
Another feature that is an important factor in purchasing the most suitable whey protein powder is its mix-ability. The powder should be easily soluble in milk or water so that you get the perfect drink.
No one would want to consume a drink with lumps on it! An easily soluble powder allows you to mix your drink with just a spoon and glass so that you don’t always have to have a shaker with you. Hence, ensure that the powder dissolves correctly giving you a proper solution, this also ensures the quality of the supplement.
The whey protein powder you choose to buy should consist of added digestive enzymes. This aids in the faster digestion of the protein and reduces bloating.
Easily digestible protein powder can be consumed at any time of the day. It is suitable for both post and pre-workout consumption. Hence, it is important to make a choice based on this factor!
1. Bigmuscles Nutrition Crude Whey 1kg
Big muscle is a leading brand of India that deals in food supplements. The authenticity of their product is unmatchable, and they ensure top-quality products within an affordable price range. If you want to gain or lose weight, every kind of product is available that will make you fitter.
This Crude whey from big muscles is an unflavored powder that works like a charm. It has 80% whey protein concentrate along with lots of proteins in it. This will not only help you build muscle but also the carbohydrates to improve your digestion. There is no added sugar or soy in it and is a good protein powder.
- This crude whey protein concentrate is imported from the USA and is one of the top-quality products from big muscles. It has no flavor but consists of premium whey protein concentrate.
- This will provide you with 24 grams of protein in every serving, and also 4 grams of glutamine along with 5 grams of BCAA with it.
- There’s no added sugar in these supplements, which means no fat at all.
- It is an ideal supplement for muscle building purposes, especially if you are into an intense workout, then it is recommended that you consume this product for better results.
- There is no soy added in this supplement and also is preservative-free. This powder is gluten-free and also contains maximum protein to makes the recovery of your muscles faster.
- The taste of this protein powder is like milk powder mostly. Mix it with milk, and the taste is pretty decent and consumable.
- The ingredients and components of this product are 100% natural. This is perfectly safe for your health, and according to research, it contains only protein and carbs that are necessary for your health and is raw.
- There is 2g of Maltodextrin added in this whey protein concentrate to make the shake smoother and help to digest.
- This protein powder will enhance your performance, gain lean muscles for you, pump your body with only one scoop after working out.
- No negative points were found.
2. Powerus Raw Whey Protein
This Powerus whey protein powder is a product of Proburst nutrition. At Proburst, they believe in leading a healthy lifestyle, and this is why their top-quality supplements or protein powders are an irreplaceable item. The road towards being fit starts by eating healthy foods.
This raw whey protein powder comes with 33 servings in this 1kg pack. It is unflavored and gluten-free. Also, it is a vegetarian product, so no one has any problem consuming it.
This is the perfect workout meal that will provide you with 80% of the protein in every serving. There is no sugar added in it and is a very pocket-friendly product.
- Each serving will contain 24 grams of protein, which is almost 80% of the serving.
- This protein supplement contains no added sugar to it, so there are no fat items for you to consume, only carbs and protein for better health.
- The high protein recovers your muscles quickly and boosts your immune system. Consuming this protein powder and working out in a gym will give you better results.
- This product is natural, and there are no artificial chemicals or any stuff like that are added. You will be consuming raw protein and carbohydrates, which will cause no side effects or do no harm to your body at all.
- This supplement protein powder is an ideal choice for building lean muscles and will help you fill the daily kcal limit you need to consume.
- This is an unflavored protein powder, yet the taste is not bad. Mix it with milk properly, and you would find the taste of milk powder.
- There are nine essential amino acids are mixed in this protein powder that increases the muscle growth and decreases the muscle soreness, and various other amino acids that help your body all over. The amino acids are – Aspartic acid, Leucine, Lysine, Threonine, Isoleucine, Valine, Alanine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Cysteine, Arginine, Methionine, Tryptophan, and Histidine. Also, there are four non-essential amino acids – Glutamic acid, Proline, Serine, and Glycine.
- There is no quality certificate of this product by any health agency on the product’s website.
- It creates too much foam when prepared.
3. GNC Whey Protein
GNC Whey Protein is one of GNC’s nutritional supplement products. GNC is a chain of health food stores established in 1930s. It operates over 200 retail stores in many countries across the world.
GNC whey protein chocolate fudge provides high-quality macronutrient protein through a special formula. It has high amounts of naturally occurring amino acids for daily nutrition that the body needs.
- It contains whey concentrate and whey isolate with digestive enzymes and minerals
- This formula contains 5.5g of BCAA and has zero added sugar
- It is power-packed with 24 g of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids
- This product helps the body in protein synthesis and muscle growth
- This formula is gluten-free and mixes easily when stirred
- It has great taste
- It can be used pre-workout or post-workout
- It provides pure, clean, high-quality protein
- No negative points were observed
4. AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein – Our Choice
AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey protein powder is the perfect protein supplement that is obtained primarily from whey protein concentrate. It is one of the best whey protein brands in India. It comes in a natural and raw form as it undergoes limited processing, giving us an 80% protein content which helps to aid muscle synthesis. This whey protein powder is ideal for beginners due to its reasonable price. It is unflavored making it possible to use in many ways along with promoting muscle building and recovery.
- It is a whey concentrate powder with an 80% protein content.
- Each serving of 30 gram contains 24 grams of protein and 5.4 BCAA.
- The powder is unflavored and gluten-free.
- It is in its natural and raw form as it undergoes limited processing.
- It is perfect for people who love intense workout as it promotes muscle building and boosts recovery.
- The high protein content helps in muscle synthesis.
- It has the flexibility to be used in many ways as it can be added in your favorite juice, pancakes or smoothie.
- It provides maximum protein and nutrients to the body due to its raw form.
- Easily digestible making it favorable for consumption at any time.
- It is unflavored, and many will not like the taste.
5. Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder
Himalaya is a health care brand that is well trusted for its natural ingredients. This Chocolate flavored whey protein powder is a blend of all three whey, namely, Isolate, Concentrate, and Hydrosylate, which ensure faster absorption and development of the overall metabolism.
It comes with natural enzymes and herbs that help in the recovery of muscles after the workout. It removes muscle soreness and joint pain while promoting the build-up of muscle mass.
- Flavor: Chocolate.
- Consists of a blend of Whey Isolate, Concentrate, and Hydrosylate.
- Each serving of 34 grams provides 22 grams of protein.
- It is enriched with herbs like Hadjod, Pomegranate, and winter cherry for the best results in muscle recovery.
- It is fortified with taurine and peptides for fastening the post-workout recovery.
- Enriched with BCCAs- Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine.
- Comes with a naturally occurring amino acid profile.
- Contains calcium, Vitamin C, E, and B complex.
- It can mix well and can be used in many of your favorite foods and drinks.
- Maintains overall metabolism and bone health.
- Builds muscle mass, overcomes fatigue, and relieves joint pain.
- The blend of all three whey protein helps in faster absorption.
- It is overpriced.
6. Abbzorb Raw+ Whey Protein 80% -1kg
This is 80 % concentrate whey protein that comes in its raw, unflavored form which includes no added artificial sweeteners. You can take this with chocolate, strawberry, banana, etc. to enhance its taste.
The protein powder offers 26.4 grams of protein along with 6.19 grams of naturally occurring BCCAs. What’s more? you can take this at any time during the day as its digestive enzymes ensure fast absorption for better digestion.
- It is 80% pure whey concentrate.
- This is unflavored and comes with digestive enzymes, Novozymes.
- Each serving of 33 grams provides 26.4 grams of protein.
- It delivers 6.19 grams of naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) per serving.
- Provides 4.84 grams of Glutamic Acid per serving.
- No added flavor or artificial sweetener.
- Easy to absorb.
- Ideal for muscle gain, protein synthesis, and intense workout.
- Reduces muscle loss, enhances energy and ensures a fast recovery.
- Efficient metabolism and meets nutritional needs.
- It can be had at any time of your choice, be it early morning, post-workout, during the day or before sleep.
- No negative points were seen.
7. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard – The Flavorful Whey Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Inc. (ON) is a leading international cheese and nutritional ingredients group. Optimum Nutrition is a brand operated by this group that has provided us with a comprehensive line of powdered, capsule, bar, tablet and ready to drink products.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey protein powder is our second recommendation! The primary source of protein in this is a whey protein isolate which provides you with 24 grams of protein per serving. It is easily mixable and digestible making it ideal for post and pre-workout consumption.
The low fat and sugar content allows you to build muscle along with reducing weight. One of its main features is its diverse flavors. This protein powder comes in over 20 different flavors.
This enhances the overall taste experience. Now you can maintain a diet by having a tasty chocolate mint or strawberry drink.
- The primary source of protein: whey protein isolate.
- It contains 1 gram of sugar, 1 gram of fat, 3 gram carbohydrates.
- 120 calories per serving.
- 5.5 gram of naturally occurring Bcaa.
- It consists of 24 grams of whey protein per serving.
- It contains over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving.
- It is known for its muscle-building qualities.
- The protein powder comes in more than twenty different flavors to choose from (double rich chocolate, delicious strawberry, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate mint are just to name a few).
- This whey protein powder is easily digestible making it ideal for post-workout consumption.
- It can be mixed easily using just a glass and a spoon.
- It is expensive.
8. MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein – The Calorie Conscious Whey Protein
MuscleBlaze has become a leading brand of sports supplements in India known for its great quality and performance at an honest price. One such whey protein powder launched by MuscleBlaze is the Raw Whey Protein that contains 24 grams of protein per 30 grams serving.
It is free from any added sugar, flavor and aspartame making it the perfect choice for calorie conscious people. It retains the original nutrients of the supplement due to its raw form.
This makes it possible to use in any preferred way. It is a great supplement recommended for beginners as well as calorie conscious people as it contains no sugar or aspartame.
- It contains 24 grams of protein per 30-gram serving.
- It contains 5.2 g BCAA per 30 g serving.
- Minimal processing making it the rawest and cleanest form of protein.
- A vegetarian source of protein with no added sugar, flavor and Aspartame
- It can be used with various foods like in pancakes, smoothies or fruit juices giving you a different flavor.
- It helps in building lean muscle, enhances recovery and reduces muscle loss
- Minimal processing retains the original nutrients of the concentrated whey protein.
- Amazing results with regular use
- The whey protein powder can cause side effects like indigestion.
9. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar – The Best Whey Isolate Protein
Ultimate Nutrition is known as the future of sports nutrition. It proves high quality and well-researched products at very reasonable prices. The Ultimate Nutrition Pro star 100% Whey Protein is a customized whey that has been isolated at a low-temperature processing system.
Being available in various flavors it is the ideal post-workout supplement for athletes and bodybuilders that contains 25 grams of protein per serving. It is the perfect drink for maintaining muscles along with a healthy lifestyle. It is a well-recommended choice!
- It is a customized whey that is isolated at a complex low-temperature processing system.
- The protein powder contains 25 g of protein per serving along with over 6 g of BCAAs and 11.7 g of EASSs
- It contains all the protein fractions such as beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, immunoglobulins, protease peptones, serum albumin, lactoferrin, and lactoperoxidase.
- The protein powder is for post-workout consumption.
- It supports muscle maintenance, promotes muscle building and toning for athletes as well as hardcore body-builders.
- It is easily mixable and acts as a nutritional protein shake that enhances the immune system for leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Ideal for fat loss and muscle building.
- Very good mixability
- Comes in various delicious flavors of cookies and cream, cocoa mocha, chocolate mint, chocolate creme, delicious raspberry, etc.
- The powder is too sweet, and it does not mix properly.
10. Boldfit Zero Sugar Whey Protein – Delicious Taste
Gold fit Whey protein is a natural and vegetarian protein powder that is sourced from grass-fed cow, making it free from steroids, hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides.
The product contains no sugar or sucrose; instead, it is sweetened naturally using stevia. This prevents you from adding unwanted calories to your diet. Moreover, it is flavored with chocolate giving it a delicious taste that one can’t resist.
- Ensures 25 grams of protein per serving.
- It provides 33 serving per kilo pack.
- Flavor: chocolate.
- Each serving also provides 6.25 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs and 4.65 grams of Glutamine.
- It is naturally sweetened using Stevia.
- Sourced from grass-fed cows.
- It is natural and a vegetarian protein powder that is free from steroids, antibiotics, and pesticides.
- Enriched with digestive enzymes and omega 3.
- No sugar and non-GMO.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It is great to taste.
- Boosts muscle recovery, improves muscle growth, and increases metabolism.
- Mixes well.
- The packaging is not up to the mark.
11. HealthKart 100% Pure Raw Whey Protein – The Purest Whey Concentrate
Healthkart is the perfect place for the health-conscious and fitness freaks! This young startup of about 400 individuals works hard to provide us with genuine health and protein supplements.
Healthkart 100% pure whey has whey protein concentrate as the primary source of protein. This has to be one of our recommended supplements because of its formulation of 11.28 g of EASS, 5.29 grams of BCAA and 3.65 grams of SEAA.
This unflavored protein powder is the perfect vegetarian supplement for every individual who loves fitness. This new innovative supplement should be on your list especially since it is the purest form of protein that is free from heavy metals, fat, gluten or added preservatives!
- It provides 24 g of pure protein for each serving of 30 g.
- The protein is formulated with 11.28 g of EAAs, 5.29 g of BCAAs and 3.65 g of SEAAs
- It is unsweetened and unflavored, perfect for the calorie-conscious people.
- Free from the added preservative, gluten, fat or heavy metals.
- Ingredients include- Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Histidine.
- It is the perfect vegetarian whey protein for gym enthusiasts and fitness freaks.
- It aids muscle synthesis and faster muscle recovery after intense work-out.
- It promotes muscle synthesis for efficient muscle build-up.
- As per user reviews, it is a great product that does not cause digestive problems and bloating.price making it a great deal for beginners.
- The taste is unflavored.
12. Sinew Nutrition Palladium Whey Protein – The Budget-Friendly Whey Protein
Sinew Nutrition is a brand introduced to us by Healthgenie, India’s leading and expanding online stores for healthcare and fitness products. These products promote well-being and allow customers to make healthier choices every day. Sinew Nutrition Palladium Whey protein has Whey isolates as the main source of protein.
This chocolate-flavored protein powder comes with digestive enzymes making it the perfect digestible protein supplement. This easily mixable protein works as an immune system builder and promotes well being. This is the best protein supplement for those under a budget because it has the lowest cost of protein per gram available in the market.
- The primary source of protein is whey protein isolate.
- It provides 24 g of protein per serving of 30 g.
- Each serve provides 5.3 grams of naturally occurring BCAA and 4.18 g of glutamine.
- It contains 1.5 g of carbohydrate and 0.069 of cholesterol.
- Sinew Nutrition Palladium Whey protein works as an anti-oxidant and immune system builder.
- It provides 80% protein per serve.
- It comes with great taste and digestive enzymes that make it easily digestible.
- High-quality protein promotes lean muscle gain and strength and energy during the workout.
- It is natural and healthy which increases well being.
- Whey protein powder side effects like bloating, pimples, gastric issues, etc.
13. Dymatize Nutrition Elite Protein Powder – The Best Whey Protein For Lactose-Intolerant People
Dymatize is a leading sports nutrition brand that offers a diverse number of dietary supplements for athletes to perform their best and maintain their diet. The supplement is free of sucrose, fat, and aspartame which also provides 22 grams of protein per serving.
It is ideal for lactose intolerant individuals due to the presence of the digestive enzyme blend including aminogen. This great supplement is available in four unique flavors namely, cafe mocha, rich chocolate, chocolate fudge, and gourmet vanilla making the workout a flavorful experience.
- It provides an ideal ratio of essential and nonessential amino acids.
- It provides 22 g of protein per serving.
- It contains 3.5 g of glutamine and glutamine precursors along with 5 g of BCAAs.
- This whey protein is free of aspartame, sucrose, fat, maltodextrin, or fillers and low in carbs.
- The protein powder is available
- It prevents protein cross-linking.
- Contains high levels of anti-catabolic branched-chain amino acids which are an extra source of muscle fuel that may be depleted during intense training.
- It is a great supplement for lactose-intolerant people because of their proprietary digestive enzyme blend including aminogen that amplifies absorption.
- It helps in repairing and in the growth of cells.
- No negative points were found.
14. Musclepharm Combat – The Complete Amino-Acid Profile
MusclePharm is a nutritional supplement company with its headquarters in California. This eight-year-old company has launched several different supplements over the years. MP Combat is a unique mix of whey protein isolates and concentrates that offer lean muscle building.
This supplement is low in fat and is a great way to replenish the nutrients after intense workouts. It is low sodium with no gluten, artificial dyes or colors making it a healthy alternative to meat, eggs, and fish
- Source of protein is whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate.
- It is gluten-free.
- It has no artificial dyes, colors or any other undesirable ingredients.
- It contains 25 grams of 100% whey protein.
- It is low in fat and sodium.
- Fine quality supplement that can be used by athletes for maintaining lean muscle and replenish nutrients after a workout to fuel muscle recovery.
- It has an amino acid profile of all nine essential amino acids with the highest absorption rate among any other protein.
- It can be used for both post and pre-workout sessions.
- Mixes easily with both water or milk.
- The isolate removes impurities such as fats and sugars.
- The protein ensures that the mass you put on is the mass you intended by reducing the risk of excess water retention
- The supplement is quite sweet, and the taste is not up to the mark.
15. Advance MuscleMass Supplement – The Easily Digestible Whey Protein Powder
MuscleMass 100% Whey Protein Supplement powder is a great quality protein powder that helps to build lean muscle along with enhancing muscle recovery. The primary source of protein is whey concentrates which provides you 25 grams of protein per serving.
It has an enzyme mixer digezyme that aids in proper digestion. This supplement is also ideal for calorie conscious people because of its artificially added sweetener. It is easily digestible which makes it perfect for consumption at any point in time. You can go for this supplement as you will not be disappointed!
- Primary source of protein is whey protein concentrate.
- It contains 25 g of whey protein and 5.5 g of BCAA per serving.
- No added sugar contains artificial sweetener for the calorie-conscious.
- It has added digezyme which is an enzyme mixer.
- It helps in building lean muscle, enhances recovery, and reduces muscle loss.
- Helps in digesting fats, carbohydrates, lactose, and cellulosic fibers keeping the digestive system healthy.
- Reduces body weight while giving strength and increase in stamina.
- It comes with great taste and is easily soluble in milk or water.
- Great quality at reasonable price.
- It can be used for both post and pre-workout sessions.
- No negative points found.
16. Muscletech Performance Series – The Scientifically Proven Whey Protein
Nitro Tech is a series of whey protein supplement that has Whey peptides and isolates as the primary source of protein. It provides the highest content of protein of 30 grams per serving in our list.
This whey protein enhances muscle recovery and promotes faster muscle gains. It is scientifically proven to be better than other whey protein on its own. Hence, our list would be incomplete without the mention of this supplement.
- Primary source of protein is whey protein isolate and peptides.
- It contains 30 g of protein per serving.
- It contains 6.8 g of BCAAs and 3.3 g of Leucine.
- The flavor of the protein powder is milk chocolate.
- It is enhanced with 3 g of creatine for faster muscle gains.
- Easy to digest.
- It enhances the recovery of muscles.
- Delivers ultra-clean whey isolate and peptides which are the cleanest source of proteins available for athletes.
- It can be taken in between meals and after exercise.
- It does not provide a scoop making it difficult to measure the correct quantity of protein powder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the side effects of Whey Protein Powder?
The side effects of whey protein powder is usually related to digestive issues like bloating, bowel movements, cramps, reduced appetite nausea along with fatigue, headache, and thirst.
2. How much Whey Protein should I take in a day?
It is recommended to follow the directions and instructions that come in the packaging of the whey protein powder. However, it is often advised to take 1-2 scoops of whey protein powder after the workout that ranges between 25-50 grams. Consult your trainer as well before starting your whey protein diet.
3. Should I take whey with milk or water?
If you wish to add calories to your diet, you may take your whey protein with milk. On the other hand, if you wish to reduce calorie intake, you should take it with water. Moreover, whey, when taken with milk, may lead to issues with digestion.
4. What is Whey in Whey protein?
Whey is the liquid part of the milk that separates during the cheese-making process. It is separated from the 80% casein of the milk to undergo the process of converting it into a protein powder because of its high protein content.
It is not possible for athletes, body-builders or fitness freaks to maintain a diet by eating eight eggs or kilos of chicken daily. Hence, protein supplements come to the rescue! Whey protein powder provides the maximum content of protein as compared to the protein powders made of casein.
They are available in unprocessed raw forms as well as in different flavors which provide all the essential nutrients for muscle development and recovery.
There are various whey protein powders available for you to choose from, based on types, brand, flavors, and price. It is not an easy task especially for a first-time buyer who is not sure about whey protein powders.
This article hopes to provide all the help you need! The comprehensive review provides the top ten list of whey protein powder recommended by us. This is followed by the link to purchase them from Amazon.
Our top most choice is undoubted, Bigmuscles Nutrition Crude Whey for beginners as well as body-builders. On the other hand, Powerus Raw Whey Protein Powder is the perfect choice for the ones looking for a flavorful as well as a healthy drink. More Buyer Guides and Reviews