10 Best Cycling Gloves in the Market: Product Review and Buying Guide
A pair of good cycling gloves will provide you with optimum comfort, safety, and protection from various weather conditions and other elements like cold, rain, and wind. The soft and reliable padding of the gloves can also provide protection in case of accidents.
When it comes to mountain biking, maintaining optimal control over your bike is the most important thing. Having a tight grip on the handlebar is necessary, so you can maneuver your bike at great ease. This is one of the major reasons why most cyclists can’t go without wearing a quality pair of gloves when mountain biking. In winter they need winter cycling gloves and in summer, they need summer cycling gloves
Is shopping for a quality pair of gloves easy?
If this is your first time picking cycling gloves for you, then it would come a bit of a challenge. Always take note that just like any other product, not all mountain biking gloves are made equally. They vary in price and application, depending on what you’re looking for. This article will provide you with information on which is the best material for gloves and different types in the market.
Where can I start?
In order for you to make sure that you’re tackling the right path to pick the best pair of cycling gloves for you. Here are some of the things that you must do.
- Know the common or potential weather conditions you’re likely to encounter
- Set a reasonable budget
- Know the right size of your palm
- Read a comprehensive buying guide about cycling gloves
- Join online cycling forums
If you wish to not read our in-depth guide when it comes to buying cycling gloves, you may go directly to the relevant top 10 products we have reviewed. Carefully look at the pros and cons of every product and study its features.
If the respective features of a particular product sound like the one you’re looking for. Then weight its cons from its pros and make a wise decision from there. However, if you want to know everything about cycling gloves, it’ll be better if you go through our buying guide, so you will be enlightened step-by-step. Also, in the end, you can find the FAQs for better understanding.
Best Choice for Protection.
best pick for sweat absorptiion.
best material used
Best pick for universal size
extreme shock absorption feature
Best choice for kids
Here are some of the common fabric materials and their respective features
|Polyester||Some of the features that you will get from a set of gloves made from a polyester material are that it comes with a sweat-wicking ability and offers breathability.It’s a perfect choice if you’re planning to perform mountain biking during hot seasons. It also comes with a bit of water and windproofing features.|
|Fleece||This material is usually used as a lining for winter running gloves. This material is designed to be able to provide extra warmth and insulation the rider.The only downside is that this material isn’t breathable. It’s perfect if you live in a colder environment or if you plan to do mountain biking during winter seasons.|
|Acrylic||This material is breathable and is stretchy, it can just provide enough warmth. But it’s not made to resist some weather elements like water and wind.|
|Polypropylene||This material is purposely used to resist tough weather elements like weather and wind but does not offer much functionality in terms of managing moisture.If you tend to sweat a lot during your ride, a set of gloves made from polypropylene will not be able to wick the sweats off the surface of the glove through the process of evaporation.|
Types of cycling gloves
This type of gloves has some insulation feature in order to provide continuous warmth even when the temperature drops. It’s a perfect choice if you are riding in cold weather conditions. It can be made with heavy materials, which could be a bit restrictive for year-round riding.
This type of glove aims to provide you with enough warmth that will keep you feel comfortable during cold winter runs. It is purposely made to be light enough, so you can easily stuff into your pocket when it is not in use.
It’s a set of gloves that are usually light in weight and is very breathable during the summer.It’s perfect for MTB riding.
If you are looking for a light pair of gloves, then this type might be just the one that you’ve been looking for. It offers enhanced bar grip and extra palm protection. It’s perfect for road biking.
Mountain bike gloves are either full-finger or mitt, it is designed for you to have a tighter grip on the bike’s handlebar. It also aims to protect your hands in case you fall from biking.
Deciding whether a pair of cycling gloves will be good for you or not lies on your purpose of buying and the type of sports that you enjoy.
For example, gloves that belong for road riding will have different features compared to gloves for MTB purposes. You will also need to carefully consider the weather condition you are in. If its winter seasons, then you will need to look for a pair of gloves that could provide you with warmth and has weatherproof features.
Summer gloves will, of course, be lighter in weight and have breathability features. Before jumping off the wagon, carefully assess your priorities and check on these features:
When it comes to the fitting of your cycling gloves, make sure that it isn’t too tight or too loose. If you don’t know the size of your palm, you can visit our FAQ section and learn how to measure it with the use of a tape measure.
The padding level will determine the shock absorption level the gloves can take in case you break a fall. It’s important that you get an adequate level of padding. Since, the thicker the padding level, the more discomfort you might feel while wearing it.
Wind and waterproof resistant
This refers to the ability of the gloves to bring the sweat to the surface through evaporation so your hands don’t get sweaty. It can also withstand other environmental elements like cold and wind. Carefully check out these features, especially if you are about to encounter difficult and rigid weather conditions.
Touch screen friendliness
This feature allows you to operate or use your phone while wearing your gloves. So, in case if you need to make a call or record a video, you won’t have a hard time performing the action.
Gloves that are made in microfiber, polyester, and fleece are very durable. Cotton is the least durable fabric material since it easily goes weary over time.
You also have to consider the design of your gloves. You don’t need to worry since there are many colors that you can choose from. You can go all black or the ones spiraled with bright colors. There are mitt and full finger cycling gloves.
This feature refers to the ability of the fabric materials to draw the sweat away from the skin and to the surface of the fabric through the process of evaporation.
Of course, different gloves will offer various levels of protection. The padding, for instance, refers to softness or the cushion you’ll feel around your palm. There are gloves that come with additional reinforcement that would slightly detriment the impact in case of an accident occurrence.
Most summer cycling mitts and running gloves have a protection feature that will protect in case of a fall accident and will help in relieving tension while you are traveling for a longer period of time.
Another feature that you should check out is for the glove’s fabric to have a breathability feature. Especially, if you are traveling during the summer season. It’s important that the fabric helps the sweat to escape the material, so you can maintain a tight grip on the handlebars.
Non-breathable materials mean that condensed moisture will be trapped next to the skin, which could make you feel a bit cold and uncomfortable during your journey. This feature will help make you feel dry and at a great temperature.
Most cycling gloves will feature some synthetic material like leather, so you can perform a better grip around the handlebar. It could also have some silicone grippers on the fingers,so you can easily reach for those brake levers.
This feature aims to keep your hands dry during inclement weather. Though this may impact the breathability feature of the cycling gloves, so this might be not a good feature to look during hot season.
If you know to yourself that you’re about to encounter a lot of winter seasons like when the weather is in-5 or +5 degree Celsius, then the “warmth” feature is something that you should consider.
It means that the pair of gloves will have some insulation feature to keep your fingers feel toasty as the temperature continues to drop. If you are cycling in colder weathers, then you certainly have to look for ways to keep yourself warm.
Of course, it’s extremely important that you consider your budget in terms of purchasing your cycling gloves. If you plan to ride often then it would be a great idea if you invest for a more expensive, yet quality set of mountain biking gloves.
Gloves that are made with quality lining materials and have more features usually are in the higher price range, but it would last for a longer period of time. Since there’s no glove that will work for both summer an winter seasons.
It might also be worth considering to buy a single pair of the summer season and one pair for the winter season, this will ensure that you can ride all year round no matter what the given season is. But if you only set a schedule for mountain biking for a summer season, then opt for breathability and sweat-wicking features.
Cycling and running gloves are made from various materials which include, polyester, acrylic, fleece, and polypropylene. It’s important for you to know that every material has its own unique function. Know your purpose of buying and what season are you going to use your cycling gloves for
1. Nivia Coral Micro Sports Glove – Best Choice for Protection.
Nivia Coral gloves are our top choice for best comfort. The material is made with microfiber material, which really provides thick padding on your hands. It’s super stretchable and provides a perfect fit on the rider’s hand that isn’t too tight nor too loose.
It’s another mitt cycling glove that provides extreme comfort even when you do other sports outside mountain biking. The padded palm helps in protecting your hands. In case if you break a fall during your mountain biking, the pads will be able to absorb some of the shocks and makes the impact lesser.
- The pair of gloves is made with free micro fibre
- It has weather-resistant features
- It could absorb rugged pressure points
- The wrist support is reliable
- The padded is thick enough for shock absorption
- It provides supple support for the hands and wrist
- the pair of gloves offer a decent fit (not too tight nor too loose)
- it’s a mitt cycling glove, which makes it easier for you to reach for the brake levers
- it can help you have greater control over your bike
- this sport glove can be used for other sports you play
- has odor free feature that helps the sweat wick off the material’s surface
- a bit expensive
2. Vingaboy Probiker Gloves – best pick for sweat absorption.
Looking for a good pair of gloves that will accompany your daily exercise routine can be challenging. It is well-known that gloves can affect the quality of your exercise. They can either restrain your hand’s movement or provide comfort and protection. It is important to pick the right kind of gloves to avoid any discomfort during workouts.
Vingaboy Probiker Gloves will give you the comfort that you need while not restraining your hand’s movement. It is perfect for both gym workouts and cycling. The sweat absorption tech prevents any discomfort brought by sweating. This pair of gloves is our best pick when it comes to sweat absorption.
It comes with a mesh at the back part which serves ventilation during heavy workouts. Apart from that, Vingaboy Probiker Gloves is made of washable material.
- Great for cycling and gym workouts
- Made with a washable material
- Ergonomically fits the size of your hands and a touch screen design
- Comes with a padded front palm for added comfort
- Sweat absorption tech prevents too much sweat buildup inside the gloves
- Comes with an adjustable velcro closure for ease put on and take off
- They are easy to wash
- It is touch screen friendly
- It fits easily to your hand’s size
- It comes with a padded front palm
- The reasonable price is a great reason to buy this gloves
- Good ventilation holes in front of the shell to avoid discomfort
- padding could be thicker
3. AllExtreme KTM_XL Bike Riding Gloves – best material used
If you have the budget for a high-range pair of cycling gloves, then you should have this one on your list. All Extreme KTM cycling gloves is perfect for a lot of physical activities that needs a glove. It is the top pick when it comes to the quality of material used.
The outer fabric is 3D dimensional breathable mesh fabric, which is good enough for shock absorption. Cushioning is very easy on this gloves. It comes with a smooth palm that helps reduce fatigue and gives comfort.
- Abrasion-resistant palm and a rip-tab fastener for the better fit
- Soft and comfortable fabric for the palm area
- Fits most wrist sizes with its handy fastener
- Breathable mesh for better comfort
- This gloves are suitable for all cold weather activities like Running, cycling, hiking, driving, skiing, shooting, tactical and outdoor adventure
- This set of gloves has a PVC special ergonomic design with carbon fiber
- It made of quality synthetic fabric and PVC materials
- Many different size options are available
- It has smooth and comfortable palm padding
- The 3D dimension look is very attractive and durable
- It provides full protection to your hands
- sizing is not very accurate
4. Kobo Cross Fitness Training Gym Gloves – Best pick for universal size
Cycling is obviously not a light sport. It involves a lot of physical strength, especially in the legs and hips area. But, what might some people overlook is that it also requires a considerable amount of arm strength.
In order to keep the bike steady and balanced while driving on rough terrain, you’ll need strong arms. To keep things easier for you, a good pair of gloves will in hand. It is the top pick if you are looking for the best value for your money.
- It comes with an easy to take off strip
- Extra padding gel and shock absorption keeps you comfortable
- Comes with a breathable mesh and quick-drying fabric
- Strong stitching makes it durable
- Full finger fitness gloves
- offers superb shock absorption
- extra padding strengthens your grip and provides more comfort
- breathable mesh prevents sweat buildup inside the glove
- The ergonomic designing with unisex usage provides plus point to this product
- comes with a chemical smell
5. Handcuffs Fashion Warm Cycling Gloves – extreme shock absorption feature
The Handcuff full-finger cycling gloves are our best pick for extreme shock absorption feature. It has thick padding that provides you with extra safety and protection while you are tackling your MTBing terrains. It comes in a pretty decent design and looks fashionable on the hands.
- Perfect for rigid terrains, since it provides extra safety in case of a fall
- This product is made from a combination of neoprene, lycra, elasticated mesh fabric.
- The pair of gloves has microfiber lining, which could provide extra protection
- It comes in a top fashion design
- It offers breathability and sweat-wicking features
- It is easy to clean
- It is decently priced
- It is touch screen friendly.
- the strap has an anti-slip feature
- The zipper provides easy fitting and extra comfort.
- It comes with a reliable shock absorption feature
- it helps in vaporizing the sweat around your palms when you’re riding
- because of the thick padding, it might come as discomfort for cycling beginners
6. Maurya Enterprises Finger Gloves – Best Grip
This gym glove has a lot of uses, not just cycling. It is the perfect companion for every fitness enthusiast out there. It comes with an attractive design which will make you look cool while riding your bike or while lifting some weights. This is our top pick when it comes to grip. Since it is made of stretchable material, it will easily fit in your hand while keeping you comfortable.
The Maurya Cycling Bike gloves have an extra layer wrap that gives more grip and support. It also comes at an affordable price too. You don’t have to spend much just to get a pair of gloves that will do the job.
- Comes with a stretchable material that will conform to the shape and size of your hand
- The padded foam feature adds extra comfort and tighter grip
- The package comes with a pair of leather gym gloves t has a length of 13.97cm and a width of 20.32cm
- Comes with an attractive design which looks cool and professional at the same time
- Easy to wash and clean
- Comes with an ergonomic foam padding for better comfort
- It is durable and can withstand rough usage
- long wrist strap for more wrist support
- heaving duty stitching prevents the glove from falling apart
- can be used on a variety of workouts
- made of high-quality leather
- not meant to be used for colder moments
7. Lala Life Shockproof Road Bike Bicycle – optimum breathability
If you are planning to tackle a cycling terrain during the summer season, this mountain biking mitt gloves can offer you great comfort. This is our best pick for optimum breathability feature.
In addition to that it feature a soft material lining that provides extra comfort in case of a fall accident.
- It has long wraps that provide extra protection to your entire wrist
- This pair of gloves can also be used when you do weightlifting exercises in the gym
- It features an easy to take off strip
- The design looks pretty fashionable
- It is made from polyester material, which allows it to have breathability and sweat-wicking features
- made with soft material lining
- can be used for other exercise options like rowing and weightlifting
- the design is high on fashion
- easy to strip
- convenient to use during summer seasons
- the padding is a bit thin, which means it can’t absorb too much shock/impact
8. Good Life Stuff Gym Gloves/Sports Gloves – Ultimate comfort
This set of cycling gloves is our best pick for universal size (for adults). It fits any adult palm and is made from durable genuine leather. Though cycling gloves is considered as the simplest equipment for MTBiking lovers, getting a decent pair of gloves like this one will allow you to even have better riding experience.
It’s a mitt cycling glove, which means that it has some breathability and sweat-wicking features. It will allow you to have long rides during the summer season. The Good Life Stuff Gym Gloves can also be worn when you are doing other sports like hiking, motorcycle riding, gym, weight lifting, and jogging.
- It can easily be cleaned with the use of some cotton cloth
- This set of gloves can offer decent weather-resistant protection
- It made with breathable materials, which makes it perfect for riding during hot seasons
- The gloves have the durable material lining, which allows you to have a comfortable grip
- The padding is enough to ease hand discomfort when you’re tackling a long terrain
- It is made with genuine leather material
- it’s a free size pair of gloves, which fits any adult hand
- it provides decent protection for the palms
- It has a decent design
- These gloves are very affordable
- the padding is not thick enough for greater shock absorption
9. Royal waves Aprodo Energy Gloves – versatile glove
The Royal waves Aprodo Energy Leather gloves is our best pick for versatile glove use. If you’re the type of person who does a lot more outside mountain biking like going to the gym, football goalkeeping, motorcycle riding, weight lifting, rowing, and many more sports– this could be the perfect pair of gloves for you.
It serves a lot of use and can serve even rugged uses. It is made with durable materials, which allows it to withstand harsh weather conditions. The material is made with leather and has decent breathability feature. This pair of gloves could also provide decent protection around the palms.
- It can be used for many different sports other than cycling
- The pair of gloves has a durable strap
- The Flexi-strap wrist closure does not give uncomfortable pressure on the wrists
- It keeps your wrist dry and comfortable
- has a decent breathability feature
- provides a good amount of protection for your hands
- the strap is comfortable around your wrists
- can’t be used during colder seasons
- The material is not up to the mark
10. Kurtzy Knee Elbow Guard Gear for Kids – Best choice for kids
This is a 3-in1 package for every cycling enthusiast out there. It comes with a pair of high-quality gloves, knee guard, and elbow guard for safety. Of course, the price is also significantly higher than most products in this list. It is the best choice for protection when cycling aggressively.
The ergonomic design gives it the ability to conform to your body easily. It won’t affect your comfort while keeping safe when riding your bicycle. The knee and elbow guard are durable enough for motocross racing too.
They play a huge role during impact or accidents. When combined with a quality helmet, you’ll be highly protected while going to your biking adventures.
- Comes with a durable knee and elbow guard
- Offers breathability and comfort with its mesh fabric and foam pads
- Also works for snowboarding, wakeboarding, kickboxing, hunting, and other physical activities
- Made from 40% Polyester and 60% PE(Polyethylene)
- the knee and elbow pad offers cushioning during impact
- it conforms to your body’s feature easily
- it is easy to adjust and remove due to its One-adjust release strap system
- they are very comfortable to wear
- the material is breathable
- the product is expensive
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do bikers wear gloves?
The majority of bike riders wear gloves for safety and comfort. Most gloves have silicon material that allows for a tighter and a more safety grip. Even when you feel hot and sweaty around your palm area.
You see when you are traveling by bike on summertime, it’s possible that your hands get a little sweaty and when you don’t have any gloves, your grip might become loose. Your hands could potentially slip and lose maneuverability on your bike.
Also, during the winter months, gloves can provide you with extra warmth around your hands. It will make you feel extra comfortable even if you are up to travel for a longer period of time. These are just some of the many reasons, why cyclers love wearing mountain biking gloves.
2. Do having the right pair of cycling gloves make a difference?
Yes, of course. Just like every other product, not all mountain gloves are created equally. Some are made for common function and some are made to provide top comfort. You see, cycling gloves have extra padding at the palms which can make a huge difference especially when you’re traveling for a long period of time.
If you’re the type of rider who travel a lot, getting the top comfort cycling gloves will be your best bet. Quality cycling gloves will also provide you with top-notch protection, in case you break a fall accidentally.
Since your hands are not moving as much as your legs, it can get really cold around your palm area. Having cycling gloves will provide warmth around your hands especially at very cold weather.
3. How should winter glove fit?
If you’re wondering how to you could determine whether you have the right size of cycling gloves or not, here are some of the things that you should look at. When you put the mountain gloves on, your fingers must be able to almost touch the ends of the glove, but not totally. Since the gloves will naturally stretch once you clump your fist.
Having a material allowance around your fingertips act as a pocket that will effectively trap warmth around your fingertips. Just make sure that you avoid buying gloves that might push against the material at the end of your fingertips.
4. What material is warmest for gloves?
If you’re about to tackle a train during winter months, then it naturally goes without saying that you need quality winter gloves. It’s not enough that you look for a winter glove that has internal insulation, there are still many factors that you need to consider.
As much as possible, look for a pair of gloves that has a deerskin leather, which can naturally resist the cold weather and can provide you with all-day comfort. There’s also a material called the “Polar Fleece”, it’s lightweight in material and could be a warm alternative to a leather material.
You can also opt for cotton/foam insulation, this is an economical option and also lightweight in the material. We also suggest that you take a quick skim on our buying guide to check out the different materials of cycling gloves.
By doing so, you will be able to find the right material for the different seasons. You can also check out the best materials for summer cycling gloves if you plan to perform mountain biking during the summer seasons.
5. Why are gloves better than mittens?
Thought buying mittens is considered as an economically wise move, it wouldn’t serve you for a long period of time. Gloves can provide comfort to a wider surface area around your palms. It can also provide your hands with warm in a much greater amount compared if you were just wearing a pair of mittens.
Gloves have the ability to force each finger to provide heat for themselves. You won’t experience the same thing with a pair of mittens since you can freely spread your fingers across.
6. Are wool gloves the warmest?
Buying a pair of wool gloves that have a cashmere linking will definitely provide more comfort and warm around your hands. Just take note that the warmest and the best are usually the most delicate materials. Gloves that are made with polyester-fleece lining or a wool polyester are good materials during winter seasons.
7. Are gloves that are made from sheepskin provide more warm?
Yes, when cycling gloves are made with natural wool lining, it can definitely provide some warmth during cold weathers. The leather material can be bit heavier and firmer compared to a slink lambskin. Just note than sheepskin gloves normally gives you a looser fit compared to other types of gloves. But leather gloves is more appropriate with the country and casual clothing.
8. How do I know what size gloves to buy?
Wrap the tape measure around our palm area and take out your right measurement in inches. Just make sure that you are measuring your dominant hand, if you’re a left-handed person, then take your left hand’s measurement.
9. Are there waterproof gloves?
Yes, there are. In fact, this type of gloves is tailored so you don’t feel cold around your palm area when you are riding. This also provides you with extra safety, since having sweaty palms could potentially weaken your tight grip, which could lead to an accident.
10. How could I clean my gloves?
It really depends on the material of your gloves. If it’s made with a wool lining, then the last thing you may want to do is to brush off the dirt off it. You’ll just have to carefully rinse and repeat from an anti-bacterial detergent.
If your gloves are made from leather, then you will be needing to rinse your gloves thoroughly. You can use your fingers and hands to squeeze the water off the gloves. Just keep in mind that you are not allowed to twist or wring the gloves, it may deform or distort the shape of the gloves.
You may also want to flip the inside of the gloves, so it’ll be easier for you to clean it. You can use any anti-bacterial detergent. You can also use white vinegar or any hand soap. Just don’t brush it or twist it.
11. How to pick a pair of cycling gloves for racing?
Of course, you’ll have to look for racing gloves if you’re planning to join a bike racing competition. Your best option will be to go for a pair of gloves that is light in weight and can provide an exceptional grip.
The breathability of the material needed to be considered as well. The glove must be made for excellent performance riding. This will ensure that you’ll have the optimal grip and better control over your bike, even if your hands get a lot of sweat.
12. What are some of the features I should look at when buying gloves for deep winter?
There are times when it gets really cold. If you have to deal with the rain, snow, and temperatures drop between -5 to +5 in degree Celsius, then you’ll have to look for a pair of gloves for deep winter.
Some of the features that you should carefully check include: windproof, waterproof, and insulating design. This will provide you the optimal comfort all-day even if you are tackling a very cold terrain.
13. What is a full finger cycling glove?
This type of cycling gloves is designed to protect and shield your hands from the potential branches and trail debris. It also strives to provide control of the fingertips while providing a soft cushion around your palms.
It also comes with a reliable degree of padding for extreme comfort. It also comes with a breathability feature, so your hands don’t get slippery even when you get a bit sweaty throughout the ride. It’s an excellent choice if you plan to tackle a difficult terrain where there could be a lot of obstacles like twigs and branches.
14. Which material is better for wind and weather resistance?
A pair of cycling gloves that are made from a polypropylene material is effective for providing comfort and safety while you are tackling a cycling terrain on difficult weather. But just take note that this material has a downside too, it’s not so effective when it comes to managing moisture.
15. What are running gloves?
This is a type of cycling gloves that aims to provide warmth and keeps you comfortable during winter seasons. It’s a great choice that you can opt for if you like going for a cold winter runs. It’s also easy to stuff into your pocket when
There is a good chance that you have found the glove that you need after going through this list. We have included the gloves in this list which offers comfort, value for money, durability, and style. Most of the gloves have glowing reviews from previous customers.
Hope this buying guide and review have helped you find the right cycling gloves for you.