Best Baby Walkers in India
Nothing feels great like watching your baby taking their first step. Sometimes, you may not always be available to help them with the exercise, and that’s when a baby walker comes into play. Baby walkers help kids to make their first steps by themselves and also keep them safe during the process.
With the vast number of baby walkers in the market, getting the best for your baby is not an easy task. You need to know the features to look out for when going for one if you want to get the best for your baby. The best baby walker should not only help your baby to walk but also enable him/her to develop cognitive and motor skills.
This review has the ten best baby walkers in India in the market today and will thus give you an easy time if planning to get one for your baby. It will also help you know the different types, advantages of using, tips while using the stroller, buying guide, and answers to the common questions for an informed purchase.
Top 10 Best Baby Walkers
Easy to assemble
Best safety feature
Best affordable baby walker
Best motor and visual-hand coordination skills
Entertainment While Walking
Easy to assemble
Best for Infant
Best height adjustable settings feature
Best extra comfort feature
Best easy to maneuver feature
Advantages of using a baby walker
Some kids take a lot of time before they start standing on their own and that’s when a baby walker comes in. Walkers give kids the confidence to stand on their own and make their first step. With it, they get used to walking and even start wobbling on their own after some time. Always ensure that the walker remains on a flat surface to avoid accidents that can lead to severe injuries.
Baby walkers come with toys and music that help by keeping the baby engaged at all times. There’s never a dull moment when the baby is using the walker since they always have something to do. Walkers offer kids both mental and visual stimulation
Baby walkers provide support to kids who still have trouble standing on their own. A walker also helps them to get all the support they require when walking and also minimizes the chances of falling from time to time.
Boost Baby’s Independence
When a kid uses a walker, you do not have to keep hovering upon them. You get the feeling that your baby is secure, something that makes you give them a chance to walk on their own. As a result, your kid becomes more independent.
Gives parents a chance to carry out other activities
As your baby learns to walk with the help of a baby walker, to get an opportunity to carry out other household activities such as preparing dinner and doing the dishes. You also get a chance to spend time with the older kids. What you need to do, however, is ensure that the baby remains where you can monitor him when walking.
Source of entertainment
Most baby walkers come with music that keeps your baby entertained at all times when walking. Babies who tend to reject walkers fall in love with it the moment the on the button for music gets pressed on. Music also improves their listening skills.
Promotes eye-hand coordination
Since walkers come with toys, your kid will always try to reach out for them when learning how to walk. When doing this, they focus their eyes on the toys, something that helps them to coordinate their eyes and hands.
Tips for using a baby walker
- Never leave your kid on the walker unsupervised.
- Never let your baby use a walker for more than twenty minutes. Prolonged use can cause developmental delays.
- Before your baby starts using a walker, remove all clutter from the table and block the staircases.
- Avoid carrying the walker with your baby in it.
- Beware of dangling chords
- Read all the instructions from the manufacturer before you start using a walker.
- Remove all carpets and rugs as these can interfere with the walker’s movement, make it topple down and get your baby injured.
Types of baby walkers
Convertible baby walker
These are walkers that can be flipped to a sit and stand baby walker when your baby gets old enough to wobble on their own. Most of these walkers come with detachable toy stations that the baby can play with when resting.
One reason that makes these types of walkers the best is that they save parents a lot of money. With it, you do not have to purchase another unit when the kid gets older. They can instead use the money on other important things.
The toy station that comes with these walkers keeps the baby engaged at all times. The holding bar, a common feature in these walkers, holds the baby steady as he learns how to walk.
Seated baby walker
This walker is the best for kids who can sit on their own. Most of the walkers have a weight capacity of 15 to 20 pounds. The walkers consist of plastic made frames and a piece of fabric with holes cut, enabling the kid to touch the ground with his feet.
Most of these walkers come with toys or music or both that keep the baby occupied and entertained at the same time. Some seated baby walkers come with specific gender themes, for example, have toy cars for boys and princess for girls.
Even though these walkers help in preparing you to walk on their own, avoid using them extensively.
Sit to stand baby walker
This walker helps kids to learn walking and balancing skills. They come with toy stations and a bar for kids to hold onto when walking to maintain balance. Some of these walkers also come with detachable toy stations that kids play with when resting on the floor.
These walkers are mostly made of sturdy plastic or wood and aim at teaching your kid different shapes, colors, animals, and other subjects. The best sit to stand baby walker should offer your baby plenty of activities that will keep them stimulated.
Some sit to stand walkers have speed control and braking options.
These are the thing to look out for when purchasing a baby walker for your kid.
Baby walkers can be dangerous if not monitored well. Always remember that your baby’s safety comes first and thus the need to get a walker that is safe enough for them to use. Get a sturdy walker that can hold the weight of your little one and avoid those that can break with ease.
The reason you need to monitor your baby when using a walker is that a walker makes him/her walk fast and thus get prone to accidents should they come into collision with obstacles on their way. A walker can also get a baby to access sharp objects like knives.
A walker also elevates your baby, making him reach what he couldn’t without it meaning that you should monitor him all the time.
Ensure that you purchase a walker that can hold the weight of your baby at all times. A weak walker will always make your baby uncomfortable when trying to walk in it. You might even find your baby crying when you place him in it as he doesn’t want to use it.
A weak walker can give in and break making the baby to trip and injure or break his limb. Instead of helping your kid to walk, a weak walker will make it difficult for him to walk.
Get a walker that provides your baby with enough comfort to encourage them to keep on walking. Always remember that kids are tender, and thus everything meant for their use should be tender. Ensure that you purchase a walker that offers your baby all the comfort that they deserve.
The walker’s seat should have comfy and soft materials to offer your kid comfort at all times. A comfortable walker prevents the baby from getting fatigued.
Never get a walker without an adjustable height if you don’t want to keep on buying walkers from time to time. A walker with adjustable height grows with your kid and thus helps to save a lot of cash. If your kid outgrows a certain height, all you’ll have to do is adjust the height and continue using the walker.
If possible, go for a walker that you can fold with ease. A walker that folds flat with no parts sticking out is the best. Such a walker will enable you to create space if not in use, store with ease, and also make an excellent companion for you and your baby if traveling.
Easy to maneuver
Go for a walker that your baby can move with ease. A stroller that comes with multi-directional wheels will serve the purpose. One thing you, however, need to do is ensure that you monitor your kid at all times when using such a walker. These walkers make kids walk fast and can lead to serious problems if you leave your baby to walk on his own.
You do not have to spend a fortune on a baby walker when you can still get a good one at an affordable price. When going for one, consider your budget and purchase one that doesn’t strain it. When doing so, do not compromise the quality of your kid’s walker since the quality should always come first.
If you want your baby to walk in a walker, and never reject using it, especially if introducing it to him late, get one that comes with music. Music and toys will keep your kid entertained and busy and always look forward to using the walker the following day.
These forms of entertainment, especially toys, will help your kid to improve on their motor skills as well as visual-hand coordination.
Get a walker that is sturdy enough for your baby to use at all times. A sturdy walker prevents your kid from tipping over and getting injured. A walker made from a sturdy plastic material or wood is good enough for your baby to use for a very long time or until they can walk correctly.
Additional safety features
Go for a walker with other safety walkers if you care about the wellbeing of your kid. Such features include a wide base, anti-slipping pads, and stoppers. A broad base offers more support to your baby when using a walker, and the anti-slipping pads prevent the walker from slipping, causing injuries to your kid. Stoppers, on the other hand, enable you to stop the walker from moving.
1. Mee Mee Baby Walker – easy to assemble
This walker is a perfect combination of comfort and play. With it, your baby will enjoy all the comfort from its cushioned seat while learning to walk and also get a chance to play with the toys it comes with. The sturdy design of the walker ensures that your baby remains safe at all times.
This walker is strong and durable due to the premium quality materials that make it. You thus have to monitor every step of your baby every time he’s using the walker. The good thing about the walker is that you can assemble it with ease and won’t have to look for professional help.
The walker comes in exciting colors that lure the baby into using it. The walker also has cheerful music that entertains and also encourages your baby to take the very first step.
You can also carry the walker with you if traveling with your kid as it folds with ease. The walker can also be converted into a baby rocker to help your kid relax after walking.
- Has removable toy tray to keep your kid engaged when walking or resting
- Made from premium quality materials thus long lasting
- Has 360 degrees rotating wheels that enable babies to walk with ease
- Has a padded seat for comfort
- The adjustable height settings allow this walker to grow with your baby and saves you the trouble of purchasing another unit from time to time.
- High-quality materials make the walker very durable
- Height adjustable to grow with your kid
- Has sturdy wheels to handle your kid’s weight
- Reasonably priced
- Cleaning is simple with its removable seat
- No off button for music
- No stoppers
2. Luvlap Grand Baby Walker with Rocker – Best safety feature
If you get your baby this walker, you won’t have to purchase a rocker for them as it serves both purposes. The walker will help your kid to learn how to walk within the shortest time possible. When using it as a rocker, your baby will relax and sleep with a lot of comforts.
The walker comes with a safety lock for comfort and safety. Use the walker, and you won’t have to worry about the safety of your kid.
With it, the baby will remain busy giving you time to carry out some household duties. The walker also comes with music, light, and horn that stimulates the baby’s sense and keeps him engaged too.
The walker also comes with a removable foot mat that can be used when rocking and removed when walking. A push handle makes it easy for you to push your kid when teaching him how to walk with this walker.
This walker comes with a cushioned detachable padded seat that offers your baby superior. The fact that you can detach it makes it easy to clean. You can also fold it with ease and thus easy to store.
- Can be used as a rocker to your infant and as a walker when the kid gets older
- Has a safety lock for safety and comfort
- The walker has three height adjustment positions, a feature that makes it grow with your kid as well.
- The walker’s toy tray is detachable and can become a dining tray for your kid.
- Comes with an attractive toy tray, music, and light that help to keep your baby engaged at all times
- Has a push handle that enables you to help your kid learn how to walk
- Sturdy to hold the weight of your baby comfortably
- Comes in vibrant colors to entice your kid into using it
- Has an on and off button for music unlike other models
- Easy to clean as it has a detachable seat
- Has a small push handle
- Has no stoppers
3. Goyal’s Baby Musical Walker – Best affordable baby walker
This walker has three height position adjustment levels enabling you to adjust its height. The walker also comes with a comfy padded seat with a backrest to help your baby learn their first steps with a lot of comforts.
You can assemble the walker without professional help since it comes with an instructions manual that you can use to do so with ease. Smooth and robust rotating wheels make it easy for the baby to learn walking using this walker.
The walker has a wide protective frame that keeps your baby safe at all times. The frame shields the baby from moving to other rooms without your watch. You can fold and store the walker with ease and thus the best if looking forward to going on a vacation with your kid.
The walker also comes with attractive, removable toys that help to keep the baby engaged and entertained at all times.
- Has a broad and protective frame that helps to keep your baby safe
- Has smooth, sturdy wheels to help push the baby with ease
- Has a removable seat thus easy to wash
- Has three adjustable height positions to keep your baby comfortable
- The walker has a wide protective frame that keeps your baby safe at all times
- Easy to fold and store
- Well cushioned seats for comfort
- Height adjustable
- Easy to clean
- Has sharp plastic edges that can injure the baby
- Lacks the on and off music options
4. R for Rabbit Ringa Ringa Baby Walker – Best motor and visual-hand coordination skills
If looking for a walker that you won’t have to worry about when your baby is using it, this is the walker to purchase. The walker is EN71 certified meaning that with it, your kid will always remain secure. Your baby will learn to take his first steps and stay safe in this walker at all times.
This walker has brake pads that ensure that your kid doesn’t fall when learning to walk on uneven ground or from the stairs. These brakes also make it possible for you to stop the walker when you want your baby to take a rest.
When traveling, you can take the walker with you since you can fold it with ease. This feature makes it use little room when not in use. You thus do not have to worry about how or where to store the walker.
The walker comes in attractive colors that entice kids to use it. Your kid will also get a lot of fun when using the walker since it comes with a toy panel. Your little one will also improve their motor skills as he tries to reach out for the toys. His visual and hand-coordination skills will also get a boost.
- Has brake pads to control the speed at which it moves. The pads also make it easy for you to stop the walker from moving
- Can turn into a rocker to help your kid relax after walking
- Is three steps height adjustable enabling you to adjust the height as your baby grows
- Comes with a toy panel to keep your baby busy when walking
- Stylish with vibrant colors to entice your kid to walk
- Very easy to assemble and use
- Sturdy to support the weight of your kid
- Easy to fold and thus the best to use when traveling
5. Panda Musical Baby Walker – Entertainment While Walking
The Panda Musical baby walker is suitable for your 6-month-old baby who is ready to take his or her first step. It features light, sound, and a play tray so that your little one is kept entertained while on the move. You can also adjust the height of the frame to meet the needs of your growing child.
- Comes with a play tray so that your child can enjoy fun play time on the move.
- The height of the frame can be adjusted.
- It can be used to provide your child with a secret resting place.
- Available colors: Red, Green, Orange.
- It is battery operated.
- Features light and sound.
- Suitable for children of 6 months and older.
- Compact and sturdy design.
- The adjustable height suits the requirements of your growing child.
- Ensures safety.
- Keeps your child engaged and entertained.
- The quality was not up to the mark.
6. LBLA Baby Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
This baby walker comes with a cute zebra design that will catch the attention of your child. It comes with four textured wheels at the base and an easy to grip handle that ensures stability while walking. The walker also provides the development of eye-hand coordination and excellent motor skills with its design.
- Suitable for babies six months and above.
- Ideal for sit and play or stand and walk.
- Comes in a cute zebra design.
- Features sturdy four wheels at the base and an easy to grip handle.
- Comes with moving gears, roller, a barn door and shape sorters.
- It is designed to include music.
- Helps in the development of manipulative skills.
- The baby-friendly design will attract your baby’s attention.
- Durable design.
No negative points were observed so far
7. Chicco 123 Baby Walker – Best for Infant
If looking for a walker that will last for a long time, this is your walker. This walker from Chicco offers longevity when compared to other standard baby walkers. Your baby will use it for a long time and still leave it in good condition.
This Chicco baby walker is the only multifunctional walker that also turns into a plush toy and a ride on the toy when the baby turns 18 months. With it, your baby will have an easy time learning how to walk. The walker is strong enough and thus suitable for kids with a range of 3 months to six years old.
The walker is adjustable to two height steps and the best for your growing kid.
This walker comes with an ergonomic seat that offers excellent comfort to your baby when walking. With it, your kid will never suffer from fatigue.
The walker has a rear opening that allows your kid to position himself autonomously. You can even personalize the walker by downloading letters from Chicco website.
- Very sturdy and thus offers longevity and not comparable with standard baby walkers
- Turns into a push toy and a ride on toy to suit your baby’s demands at a particular age
- Has a removable toy panel to keep your baby entertained when walking or relaxing.
- Stop the walker from moving, use the stoppers that come with it.
- Has an ergonomic seat that keeps your baby comfortable when learning how to walk
- Very light in weight and comfortable
- Made from high-quality material thus long lasting
- Grows with your baby due to its adjustable height
- Make it easy for your baby to maneuver around
8. Mee Mee Premium 2 in 1 Walker – Best height adjustable settings feature
This walker comes in a sturdy design that helps to support and nurture a baby’s first steps. The walker is durable enough to last for a very long time while providing safety to your young one. The walker conforms to all international safety standards and will thus keep your baby secure when learning to walk.
The walker comes with two modes of enjoyment, a rocker to your newborn and a walker when your kid gets ready to learn how to walk. For maximum comfort, this walker comes with a perfectly cushioned seat. Your baby won’t disturb you with incessant cries at night after spending some time on the walker due to fatigue.
For maximum safety, the walker has a safety height adjustment lock. The rocker has multi-directional wheels that make it easy for the baby to maneuver with ease as they learn the art of walking. A toy panel helps by keeping the baby busy when resting.
When learning to walk on this walker, your baby will remain entertained all long by musical tunes from the walker. The bright colors that this walker comes with entices kids to walk on it. Get this walker, and you’ll much progress with your baby within no time.
- Has a cushioned seat to offer your baby maximum comfort when walking
- Can be transformed into a rocker to help your baby relax
- Has a height adjust lock that helps to provide maximum safety
- Comes with music to keep your baby entertained
- Comes with stunning colors that entice kids
- Great music from the walker keeps kids entertained
- Has an adjustable seat height
- A Cushioned seat makes it very comfortable
- Not recommended for babies below six months
9. Dash Oscar Musical Baby Walker – a Best extra comfort feature
If looking for a colorful and unique baby walker that can transform into a baby rocker, this is the best walker for you. The walker comes in an attractive design to attract kids to walk in it. If you buy this walker, the chances of your baby rejecting it are very minimal.
This walker has an extra padded seat with a high backrest for comfort. When walking outdoors, your kid will always remain protected from harsh sunlight by the canopy that comes with this walker. The canopy will also protect your kid when it starts to drizzle.
The fact that the walker is height adjustable makes it grow with your baby saving you a lot of cash. The walker also folds up flat for storage, making it suitable for you when traveling with your baby.
- Has an extra padded seat to provide your baby will extra comfort
- Has multi-directional wheels that help your baby to maneuver around a room with ease
- Comes with a foot mat to protect your kid’s tender feet
- Folds up and thus easy to store
- The walker also comes with a foot mat to protect your baby’s tender feet.
- Comes with stoppers that keep it firm and also stops it from moving
- Easy to fold and store
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to clean as it comes with a removable seat
- Quality not up to the mark
10. Babymate Lavender Walker – Best easy to maneuver feature
This walker comes with an adjustable, detachable music dish that plays melodious tunes to encourage your baby to take his first steps. The walker also comes with a toy bar with toys that keep your kid engaged at all times.
Two stoppers help to stop the walker from moving to allow the baby to get time to relax. When using this walker, your baby will always remain safe.
The walker comes with a user’s manual to help you assemble and use it with ease. For safety and comfort, you can adjust the height of the walker. The walker also has a rocking function with a see-saw movement to help your baby to relax.
Babymate Lavender baby walker also has a footpad for your kid’s tender feet and an extra padded seat that provides full back support. A push bar enables the parent to push the walker with ease and maneuver around a room effortlessly.
The walker has strong and sturdy wheels that provide complete balance and safety, enabling your kid to learn walking without experiencing any problem. Two stoppers allow you to stop the walker from moving with ease.
- Has an adjustable music disc that keeps your baby entertained
- Has a rocking function that enables your baby to relax
- Has a user manual to help you assemble it with ease
- The walker has eight wheels that enable your baby to maneuver around with ease
- Has a sun shed that keeps your baby protected from direct sunlight at all times
- Easy to push around with the help of the push bar
- Offers superior comfort to your kid
- Easy to assemble and use
- Easy to clean
- Plastic quality not up to the mark
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a baby walker safe for my kid?
Yes, it is. Most modern baby walkers are checked by safety experts, thus safe for your baby to use if set up correctly. What you need to do is follow all the setup instructions from the instructions manual if you want to assemble a secure walker for your baby.
Although modern walkers are safe for your baby’s use, never leave your baby on the walker unattended if you care about the wellbeing of your baby. Keep the walker away from the stairs and remove all obstacles that might interfere with your baby’s smooth walk.
2. At what age should my kid start to use a walker?
A baby should only use a walker if he/she can hold his head up steadily. His feet should also touch the ground when using a walker. Kids at the age of four to 16 months can use a walker with a lot of comforts. Your kid can use the walker until they no longer need it.
3. When should my baby stop using a walker?
Your baby can stop using a walker when he outgrows it. If your baby can walk properly, there’s no need for forcing him to use the walker anymore. Using a walker for a long time may lead to other developmental delays. Let your kid use the walker until they learn walking correctly after which you should discourage them from using it.
4. Are baby walkers safe to use outdoors?
Your baby can use a walker outdoors as long as you are there to help him use it. Also, ensure that he uses it on a flat surface without obstacles. Do not expose your baby to situations that can make him suffer from injuries.
5. What should I do if my baby rejects using a walker?
Ensure that you introduce a baby walker to your kid at an earlier stage as this will help them to get used to it. If your baby rejects the walker, try sitting with the kid on the floor near the walker and make him touch it. Let him use the toys in the walker, and you’ll be surprised to see interest building in him. With time, he’ll start using the walker.
6. Do I need to get my kid a pair of shoes when using the walker?
If using the walker indoors, you don’t have to do all that since the floor is always smooth. If outdoors, you need to get your kid a pair of shoes for your kid as the ground might be rough on your kid’s tender feet. You do not want your kid to suffer injuries for walking barefoot.
7. How should the baby’s feet be in the walker?
Your baby’s feet should be flat at 90 degrees on the floor with his or her knees bent at 90 degrees.
Baby Walker comes at an affordable price but still helps your baby to learn walking. This walker is the best for you if on a tight budget.
All the walkers in this review will keep your baby safe when learning how to walk, offer him great comfort, and above all, enable him to take his first step. Select the best one for your kid and help him move on to a new developmental stage of his life.