Best Baby Strollers for Twins
Carrying an infant all day long can be a tedious task. But since they are so small, they can sit properly, which is why we put them in a cradle. Cradle can’t be an option to take a stroll out in the sun since they are heavy. The stroller here serves the purpose very well.
If you have twins then investing in a twin stroller is a must. Twins stroller will keep your babies safe and allow you to get other things done.
If you are thinking of buying two single baby strollers, then it is not a good idea. Doing so will need you to use both your hands to push and pull. Twins stroller is attached and easier to move around, saving your time and efforts.
Investing in a twins stroller is not as easy as it sounds. There are a few factors that you need to consider before making the purchase. This article has all the needed information for you to make the right choice.
Top 7 Best Twin Strollers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best swivel locking wheels feature
Easy to Maneuver
Best lightweight feature
Quality on a Budget
Best storage feature
Advantages of using double strollers
Strong and long-lasting
Most double strollers are exceptionally durable and long-lasting. These strollers have sturdy frames and high-quality fabrics to help support the weight of two kids.
Your kids will always remain safe in this stroller as some can hold a total weight of 45 kgs. You will also get the chance to use the stroller for an extended period as it won’t wear out with ease.
A double stroller will enable you to carry out errands with your babies. You won’t have to remain tied up in the house all day long.
Instead, you can go shopping, take a stroll, and even jog with your babies. You will have all the fun you want, taking your kids along with you.
Getting a double stroller is cheaper than purchasing two single strollers. Going for a double stroller will save a good sum of cash that you can use on other things.
Two strollers will also require you to get help from another person when leaving the house, which might even cost you a few bucks like hiring a nanny.
Most double strollers have big storage places. The large baskets and extra pockets make it easier for you to carry your kid’s accessories. The basket can also hold your feeding bottle, diaper bag, water bottle, or grocery shopping.
Pushing a stroller is a form of exercise since you’ll be using your energy in the process. If you stroll with your kids daily, you don’t have to worry that you don’t get time to visit the gym.
Creates an attachment between the two siblings
When using a double stroller for your kids, a strong connection will be established between them. The newborn will feel his sibling’s presence and always feel safe when around them.
Types of Double Strollers
A convertible stroller is a type that can be converted into a single or double stroller. It allows you to attach an additional stroller seat, infant car seat, or even a bassinet. In this way, it can be easily converted into a stroller that accommodates two kids simultaneously.
You can also detach the seat when one of your children no longer requires the stroller. This converts it back into a single stroller that accommodates only a single child.
These are the most versatile types of strollers that are capable of growing along with your family.
Tandem Twin Stroller
The stroller also goes by the name in-line stroller and comes with one seat configured behind the other. The stroller is the best for your twins or kids with a slight age difference. These types of strollers are as narrow as single strollers but double the length.
Tandem strollers also come in a stadium-style arrangement. In such a case, the back seat comes slightly higher than the front seat to give the baby at the back full view.
A positive point about this stroller is that they can fit through all door types, come with large storage baskets, and are easy to manoeuvre within busy and tight streets.
The downside of tandem twin strollers is that most of them are more cumbersome than side by side strollers and that only the back seat of these strollers recline fully.
When using the stroller, the kid’s view in the back seat always gets blocked, unlike in other stroller types.
Side by Side Twin Stroller
When using this stroller, both kids face forward and also sit next to each other. This type of stroller is the best for your twins or toddlers of around the same age. These strollers’ sitting areas are similar and mostly equal, and thus, the best for your twins.
Side by side strollers is wider than tandems but the same in length as a single stroller from the front to the back.
The best thing about the strollers is that both seats recline fully and they are also less bulky. When using a side by side stroller, each kid will have a full view of the surroundings.
The major problem with this type of stroller is that unlike tandem strollers, it may not fit through standard doorways and may also cause problems. It will also get difficult to manoeuvre busy streets with this type of stroller.
All Terrain Double Stroller
These strollers also go by the name sport or sport utility strollers. The strollers have three wheels and a front swivel wheel that locks straight.
The swivel wheel enhances better stability over different surfaces making this type of stroller the best to use on any terrain.
Most all-terrain strollers also come with large wheels to enhance a smooth ride even on rough and tough terrains. With this type of stroller, you can take your kids for a stroll along the countryside with a lot of ease.
Sit and Stand Stroller
Do you have a toddler who can walk and a newborn? If so, this is the best stroller for you. The toddler who doesn’t want to be tied down on the seat stands on a bar behind the front seat when using the stroller.
This type of stroller creates an attachment between the young and the older kid where, the older feels that they are involved in the pushing when, in reality, you do all the work.
Sit and stand strollers are usually smaller and more compact than tandem strollers. If the standing area is unoccupied, you can turn it into a storage area.
Umbrella Double Strollers
The strollers got this name from their curved double handles. These strollers fold with ease just like umbrellas and of all the others, these types are the simplest.
Umbrella double strollers are light in weight and also smaller than all the other models.
If you are going for a vacation, consider taking an umbrella stroller with you since you can tuck it away with ease. The strollers have vinyl or cloth seats and additional features such as storage baskets and canopies.
Do not use umbrella strollers with newborns since they do not recline flat. The strollers are best for older infants (six months and above) who can sit upright.
The following are the things to consider before purchasing a double stroller for your kids.
Type of usage
Choose a stroller based on the type of usage. If you have a toddler who can walk and a newborn, go for a sit and stand stroller.
For taking your kids out on rough terrain, opt for a double stroller that comes with swivel locks on the wheels and a hood for protection against the scorching sun.
An umbrella stroller is an excellent choice to take along during a vacation. The reason being- it can be folded easily for storage. However, these are suitable for older kids who can sit upright.
Age of your kids
Before investing in a double stroller, you need to consider the age of your kids.
Consider whether they are newborns who will require seats that recline fully, toddlers, or older kids who will need to place their legs on a footrest from time to time to relax.
Always consider the size of the stroller before buying it. Select a stroller that your kids will fit comfortably at all times.
Also, ensure that you do not get one that your kids will outgrow in a few months down the line since you’ll have wasted a lot of your hard-earned money.
Also, get a stroller that will fit in your car without forcing you to remove the wheels.
Ease of use
Of what use will a stroller be, if you can’t use it with ease?
Get a stroller that you can steer even on rough and tough terrains with ease. The best double stroller should make life on the go for you and your kids easier at all times.
Do not select a bulky double stroller as it will make things difficult for you. Always go for a lightweight stroller, one that you can push without using a lot of effort.
With a lightweight stroller, you’ll be able to manoeuvre your way through busy streets at a faster rate. You will also be able to lift the stroller upstairs with a lot of ease.
Your lifestyle will largely influence your choice of double stroller for your kids. If you travel a lot, you’ll require a lightweight stroller that you can fold with ease.
If living in a busy city, you’ll need a stroller that you manoeuvre easily through the busy streets with. If you plan on going for a jog with your kids, you’ll need a stroller that you can comfortably jog with.
The safety of your kids should always come first. Look for a stroller with five points harness to hold your kids in place at all times. Such a stroller should have two shoulder straps and a waist strap.
The stroller should also come with a crotch strap that has an adjustable length. Also, ensure that the stroller has a front bar for your kid’s superior comfort.
Get a stroller that will hold your kids comfortably at all times. Such a stroller should have excellent cushioning and soft fabrics.
An uncomfortable stroller will make your kids suffer from fatigue and experience difficulty when trying to sleep. This will make them cranky.
Ensure that you purchase a stroller with seats that recline independently. Imagine this possible scenario where you have two kids of different ages, for example, a newborn and a toddler who require different types of reclining positions for comfort.
What would happen if the seats recline in the same way? One of them will suffer a great deal, something you wouldn’t like to happen.
Footrests reduce the chance of your kids suffering from injuries as they prevent their legs from touching the ground. A footrest also shields their feet from getting trapped in the front wheel when on the go.
Strollers with footrests also offer kids comfort as they get the opportunity to stretch and relax their feet from time to time.
If you live in the countryside, a double stroller with big wheels should be your first choice.
Big wheels will help you navigate the rough terrains without problems. They are also the best if your house has many staircases as you can push the stroller up or down with the help of these wheels. You won’t have to carry the stroller back to the house after a stroll.
Swivelling wheels are the best for you if you live in the city as they are easy to manoeuvre.
Ensure that the swivelling wheels can be locked for a smooth stroll when travelling at high speed. Some strollers have inflatable wheels that offer a comfortable ride, but the only downside is getting punctures.
Ensure that the stroller you get for your kids has storage space. Baskets or trays under a stroller help carry your kid’s nappies, food, toys, among other things.
You can also use the space to keep your handbag or wallet as well as groceries. You need to remember never to overload the stroller as this can make it lose balance.
Get a stroller with both hand and wheel brakes. With the brakes, you’ll be able to stop the stroller in case of emergencies, especially if riding on a busy street.
Brakes will also give you the chance to go for a stroll uphill or downhill without experiencing any problem.
1. Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller – Our Pick
Evenflo minno twin stroller is a classy looking stroller that can improve your everyday strolling experience with the kids.
The stroller offers a one-hand standing fold and thus very convenient. This feature also allows you to use the other free hand to attend to your kids.
With this stroller, you won’t have to worry when your child grows since it can adapt to your kids’ size and weight as they continue to grow. This stroller also comes with a generous storage basket which enables you to store your kids’ accessories.
- It weighs 26lbs and thus lightweight and easy to move around.
- Has a one standing fold for convenience
- Equipped with independent reclining seats for comfort
- It has multi-position reclining seats and footrests.
- Comes with an oversized canopy to provide your kids with sunshade
- Has a swivel lock and suspension that makes your kids enjoy a very comfortable ride.
- A large storage basket offers a big space to store your babies’ accessories.
- Very light in weight and easy to fold
- The canopy protects your kids from the sun rays.
- Reasonably priced
- Comes with a parent cup holder
- It can not be detached.
2. Dream on Me Twin Stroller – Best swivel locking wheels feature
If looking for a double stroller will enable you to manoeuvre busy and tight places, this is the best to go for. The stroller has deluxe locking swivel wheels that will allow your kids to enjoy a smooth ride every time you take them out for a walk.
The stroller has front-facing seats that give your babies a chance to get a good view of the surroundings. The seats have a full recline meaning that you can use the stroller to carry your newborn babies without problems.
You can also use the baskets to carry your handbag or wallet. If going for a vacation with your kids, you can carry the stroller since it comes in a foldable design.
- It has deluxe locking swivel wheels for a smooth ride.
- Full reclining seats help the kids to have maximum comfort during a stroll.
- It comes with five safety harness points for the safety of your kids.
- Comes with two storage baskets to help store the kids’ essentials
- Very light in weight hence easy to steer
- Very easy to fold, hardly takes a few minutes.
- Canopies shield your kids from the scorching sun.
- Fits through standard doorways
- The storage basket is small
3. Joie Aire Twin – Easy to Maneuver
The Joie Aire Twin stroller has sturdy yet light-weight with aluminium construction. The wheels come with a swivel lock for ease of movement. The stroller is designed, keeping in mind the safety of your kids. It includes a secure 3/5 buckle, an armbar, and a footrest.
The reclining seats provide comfort to your kids while the hood offers to shield against the scorching sun. This is an ideal choice for newborns.
- Dimension: 80 x 75 x 102 cm.
- The weight of the stroller is 11.8 kg.
- It has a weight capacity of 15 Kg.
- The wheels have a front swivel lock.
- Comes with a 3/5 buckle for securing your kid snugly.
- It comes with a storage basket having a capacity of 4.5 kg.
- Features a secure footrest and arm-bar.
- Has a sturdy aluminium construction.
- Light-weight design and easy to manoeuvre.
- The hood protects your kids from the rain and scorching sun.
- Reclining seats with footrest ensure comfort and safety to your kids.
- Can not add too many items to the storage basket.
4. BabyTeddy Baby Twin Stroller
Taking care of a baby is not an easy task, especially when you have twins. It is twice the crying, twice the fussing. But with a twin stroller, you can enjoy a few moments of peace while your babies enjoy the surroundings.
BabyTeddy brings this amazing quality twin stroller that has a foldable design and strong tyres. Its strong build will ensure the safety of your baby. Check out more of its amazing features below.
- Babyteddy twin strollers are designed to be extra strong to be used even after the babies start walking on their own.
- Both the strollers can be detached from each other in case you only want to use one.
- The stroller has built-in suspension, five-point harness, and non-inflatable wheels for durability. It is made up of a stronger frame and independent shock absorber for all the bumpy roads.
- The stroller can be folded when it is not in use and can fit in the car’s trunk.
- The stroller comes with a footrest, food tray, adjustable sunroof, and comfortable grip for a great experience for both baby and the parent.
- Along with the stroller, there are two matching utility bags that you can use to store diapers or any other essentials while you are out and about.
- Its convenient braking system allows you to apply brakes easily.
- It has a large storage basket below, where you can easily store all the essentials.
- It has a detachable armrest for cleaning and storage purposes.
- The baby can sit and sleep in the stroller as it can be positioned to 175 degrees, acting as a bed.
- No negative points were observed.
5. Joovy Twin Umbrella Stroller – Quality on a Budget
If you are looking for the best umbrella double stroller, Joovy Twin Stroller is the one you can ever get. The stroller comes with a UPF canopy that provides your kids with protection from scorching sunlight. The stroller also has a peek-a-boo window that allows you to take glances on your kids during a ride.
This stroller has a light aluminium frame that makes it light in weight and thus easy to manoeuvre within busy places. The stroller also offers a complete standing fold that leaves you with a free hand to tend to your kids at all times.
- UPF canopy protect your kids from direct sunlight
- It has zippered storage pockets to carry your babies’ stuff.
- The lightweight aluminium frame makes the stroller light in weight.
- Five points harness for the safety of your kids.
- It comes with an auto-fold lock and a shoulder strap.
- Has a soft and smooth fabric
- Has adjustable footrests for extra comfort
- Adjustable leg rests enable your kids to relax and ride with a lot of comfort.
- Easy to set up
- It comes with a 3 cup holder and zipped storage pockets.
- It becomes difficult to manoeuvre after using it for some time.
6. Mee Mee Comfortable Twin Pram – Best storage feature
This twin stroller from Mee Mee has three different seat positions, which include sitting, reclining, and sleeping. With this stroller, your babies will have all the comfort they require for a comfortable ride.
Your kids will always remain safe since the stroller is strong enough to support your babies’ weight.
This stroller will enable you to take your two babies out together without problems.
The stroller has 360 degrees rotational front wheels and rear wheels that have brakes making it easy for the stroller to manoeuvre all terrains. The stroller also has a large canopy which helps by protecting your kids in all weather conditions.
- It comes with three different seat conditions to enhance your kids’ comfort
- It has a spacious basket to store your kids’ essentials
- Has a reversible soft foam handle for convenience
- It has a large canopy that protects your babies against adverse weather conditions
- Easy to fold and store when, not in use
- It has a large storage space, making it ideal for daily use
- The 360 degrees rotational wheels are suitable for all kinds of road
- Lacks the basic five point safety harness.
7. R for Rabbit Twin Stroller – Best suspension
This stroller comes loaded with safety features to ensure that your kids get the safest ride. You can fold the stroller with ease, a feature that makes it compact to hold when outdoors. You can also store the stroller with a lot of ease.
The R for Rabbit double stroller has the best suspension that gives your kids the smoothest of rides every time you take them out for a stroll. The stroller’s suspension comes specifically designed for a smooth ride on rough Indian roads.
The stroller also reclines in four positions, ensuring that your kids get the most comfortable ride at all times. The rear wheel has brakes that enable you to park the stroller with ease when needed.
- The stroller has the five harness points that hold your kids in the safest position when strolling
- Adjustable leg rests promote the kids’ comfort
- UV canopy helps to shield your baby from direct sunlight
- Huge storage baskets help to carry the kid’s essentials
- High-quality materials make the stroller sturdy
- The four-seat positions give your kids all the comfort they require when riding
- It comes with a peek a boo window that enables you to see your kids when strolling
- Canopy quality could have been better.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I stop using a stroller?
Usually, a kid is said to transition out of a stroller around 3 years old. But it may differ from kid to kid. When you feel your kid can roam around freely and at a decent speed, you can stop using a stroller.
2. Can I put newborns in a stroller?
Yes, you can. All you need to do is ensure that the stroller reclines flat since newborns can’t hold their head straight or sit up. Some strollers recline fully and thus the best to use for your newborns whenever you want them out for a ride.
3. Which is the best type of double strollers?
The best type will depend on the purpose you want a stroller for in the first place.
While an all-terrain stroller will work best in the countryside and in all terrains, whether rough or not, it may not be the best to use on a busy street. Identify why you need the stroller first and then go for the type that best suits that purpose.
4. Must I get a stroller with a peek-a-boo window?
Even though a peek-a-boo window in a stroller helps you see your kids’ activities when on the go, it isn’t a must for a stroller to have one. What you should consider most in a stroller is the ability to hold your babies safely when taking a stroll.
If you get a stroller with a window and have all the safety requirements, you can go for it to be an added advantage.
5. Is it safe for my kids to sleep in a stroller?
Ensure that you get a stroller with a good recline and you’ll never have to worry if your kid falls asleep when on the go. Some strollers come with different seating positions, a sleeping position being one of them so, yes, your kid will remain safe if they fall asleep in such a stroller.
Most strollers come with the five harness points that hold the kids securely while on a ride. Should your kid fall asleep, they’ll still be safe.
6. Where can I get accessories for my kids’ double stroller?
Before purchasing a stroller, ask the seller where you can get its accessories. You do not want to get a stroller that you can’t use on a rainy day just because you can’t get a rain cover for it.
You also don’t want to experience a scenario where you want to replace the stroller’s wheel but you can’t since you don’t know where to get them from.
7. Can a double stroller fit in my car?
Most double strollers are big and will occupy a lot of space in your car. Get a stroller that you can fold if you want to carry it in your car when travelling if you can get a very compact double stroller, the better as it will fit comfortably.
8. How do I clean my kids’ double stroller?
Most double strollers have removable covers, and all you’ll have to do is remove them and clean them with a washing machine. Wipe the wheels and the frame clean, and you’ll be good to go.
Taking everyday strolls is an important part of the baby’s overall development. Even as a parent, when you get out of the house, you feel very fresh. It can get difficult if you have twice and no one to help around. This is where a twins stroller comes handy. With easy movement and features like canopy, food tray and storage basket, it can improve your overall experience.
To help you make the best choice for you and your babies, we are listing our top choice here Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller, Dream On Me Twin Stroller and Joie Aire Stroller Twin. I hope this article helped you make the right choice for your baby.