Top Rated Baby Swings
A baby swing is one of the essentials for newborn babies that every parent must buy before the baby arrives. This swing helps the child to adjust easily to the new environment outside the mother’s womb.
Babies are very sensitive, and one minute they are crying and the next they are smiling. The whole swinging motion can make anyone fall asleep easily, which is why most parents try to put the baby in the swing if they are crying.
It is necessary to purchase a perfect swing that can keep these babies safe all day while you are busy with other chores.
In this article, you will find all types of swings – Portable baby swings, Baby swings for small space, best baby rockers, etc and select the best one for your baby.
Top 10 Baby Swings
Best portable rocker
Best Colourful baby swings
Best Movable swing
Best swing for small spaces
Unique wave baby swing
The best outdoor baby swing
Ideal musical swing
Best baby swing entertainment
Tips On Using A Baby Swing
For using a baby swing, the following point should be noted
- The baby swings are not meant to take over from the cuddle of a mom or caregiver.
- Babies should not be left lying on the swing every day as this can be detrimental to the babies’ health.
- Caregivers should make sure the baby is not heavier than weight limits specified in the swing label or instructions.
- Make sure that the swing is kept clean at all times before placing the baby on it.
- Infants under age four months should be seated in the most reclined swing position to avoid slumping over and suffocating.
- The harness of the swing should not be too loose or too tight on the baby
- After putting the baby on the swing, endeavor to fully adjust and fasten the seat belt to prevent the baby from falling out.
- Remember to change the pad frequently in other to keep the baby comfortable.
Types of Baby Swing
Baby swing comes in different categories, sizes, and functionality. When we talk about the size of a baby swing, we are looking at the various categories of baby swing in the market. This types of baby swing can come in the following types
A baby glider is a resemblance of an armchair that gives the baby the similitude of floating. It comes with cushions and comfortable. It moves from front to back slightly.
Full-size baby swing
The full-size baby swing is suitable for just indoor events. There are the most popular types of baby swing you can get in the market. The baby swings give your baby enough room to stretch itself while still been safe and snug.
Portable baby swing
The portable baby swing is suitable for parents that wish to take the baby and swing for outdoor activity and also while traveling.
Combination of baby swings
A cradle swing offers a variety of motion such as swinging and also gliding from side-to-side or head-to-toe.
A bouncer swing is a baby swing that comes with a removable swing seat and can also be used as a bouncer. Bouncer swings can carry a baby within 8 Kg to 13 Kg.
The baby rocker swings are different from the other types of swings because a rocker can only move from front to back
The toddler swing comes in an easy to load and with a comfortable swing seat for the toddlers. This swing type helps in enhancing toddlers motor skills. It has a back and forth movement.
Buying Guild for a Baby Swing
Some of these features act as a boost that will balance your specific needs and situation. Here are some buying guilds one needs to take into consideration before making any purchase.
This is one of the most important factors to look out for when making a selection for your baby swing. The seat is meant to support your baby, and since it is a place where your bundle of joy will spend most of their time in, it is important to determine the strength of the swing seat to prevent the baby from falling off while seating on it.
Ease of cleaning
How easy it is to clean up the swing is another factor to look out for, knowing fully well that the baby will often release all kinds of baby fluids as well as particles of the foods at a different part of the swing.
Therefore in selecting a baby swing, it is essential that it has a removable and an easy to wash seat cover.
The swing pad should not be too thin or too thick in other to provide the baby with great comfort and relaxation.
Types of motions
The swaying of the swing is the primary reason why most parents buy the swing. The rhythmic rocking motion of swing imitates the womb and that helps to calm the nerves of these little toddlers.
Is the speed of the swing adjustable? This speed setting consideration is significant for all parents. By adjusting the speed of this swing, one can easily determine the pace the child is much comfortable with. Having this setting is a big plus because different kids have the speed at which they want to be rocked.
What are the different reclining positions available in the swing? Babies get excited when swaying in different reclining positions. And as they grow older, there wish to try a different view, and an adjustable swing will become handy then.
Different swings come with a feature that offers different sway direction. Different models come with the back and forth swinging position, side-to-side swinging position, up-and-down swinging position, and round and round moving position.
Check out for the direction your child is more comfortable with and purchase the model or better still go for the one that has all this direction.
If possible, avoid baby swings with a plastic frame. Go for one with good and durable materials except if you want your child to fall off while swaying on the swing.
Remember that it is the frame that prevents the swing from falling over. Baby swings made from metals are ideal.
The timer feature allows one to set up a particular moment that the motion will be on. Some swing comes without a timer, but it’s a matter of choice.
Ease of use
Make sure that this new piece of item is easy to use. Go for the less complicated ones except if you have prior experience before. There is nothing as frustrating as carrying a crying baby and still struggling to set up his swing at the same time.
Baby swings come unassembled and would require one to assemble it before using.
This can be frustrating for new parents that have not prior experience. In purchasing a new swing, pick a model that does not require you to hammer in somethings inside.
The Base and legs
How strong is the swing frame since this supports the whole construction? It is important to go for one with a broader base as it guarantees a sturdier structure.
Also, know that a wider base can also act as an obstacle when one is in a hurry to clean the baby mess off the floor
This is another factor to consider when you live in a small apartment. Considering a foldable baby swing is essential also if you are going to be moving it out from your home. This feature allows the swing to be folded and tucked in the corner of the house or inside the car when taking a ride.
Many new models of swings that can be found in the market now come with some unique features that will help to soothe or entertain your baby.
Some of these new models are Bluetooth enabled, and this allows it to play music or some white noise at the background.
Others come with a toy bar, mobiles, lights, and trays. This tactile and visual stimulation can act as an excellent distraction for hyperactive children. Carefully choose the extras that you and the child will feel more comfortable with.
Like we stated before, the safety of the child cannot be overemphasized. In selecting a swing, a 5-point harness is the safest choice since it offers great support for both the upper and lower body. A 3-point harness can be good for older kids.
Be sure that the lock is strong with the straps fully locking into place. Make sure that for any swing you are purchasing, the straps should be made from durable materials and comfortable for your baby.
The placement of the swing
While setting up the baby swing, make sure the surface where you are placing the swing is flat. Know that this is also important for the safety of the baby. Also, it should be set in a place that big pets have no access to so as not to turn it over accidentally.
The endorsed height, weight and age guides
Endeavor to check out for the recommended height, weight, and age guides of the swing before purchasing. Your baby should measure up to either the minimum or maximum requirement before picking it up.
How often the wind-up swing while in use is another thing to put into consideration while buying. Most cheap swings in the market might save you some little cash, but you need to be ready to rewind every 15-20 minutes for it to power-up again. This can be difficult for a busy mom.
The different model comes with a battery power swing. This type of swing can be cheaper to purchase. It is ideal for a child that sleeps easily. For a tough sleeper, it would require the parents to change the batteries week in week out, and this can cost a whole lot of time and money.
Make sure that you understand fully how to remove and replace the batteries before going for a battery-powered swing. If you are not the technical person, then go for the plug-in models.
The plug-in baby swings are the most expensive ones in the market. It comes with the ability to rewind itself and won’t require you to run to and fro to rewind or change a battery.
Going for a plug-in if you can afford one is the best choice. Remember, comfort has no price!
10 Best Baby Swings
1. Mothertouch 2-in-1 Swing – Our Choice
Mothertouch 2 in 1 swing comes with a combination of functionality and entertainment for your little angels. These swings have two adjustable positions of sleeping and sitting.
It also offers maximum safety and comfort. With the Mothertouch 2 in 1 swing, you can feed while still rocking your baby at the same time.
It is made from a premium material that can withstand pressure and push. It comes in an attractive navy blue color and also allows one to rock the baby back and forth. One other feature of this unique swing is that it is compatible and easy to carry about.
- The baby swing comes with a sturdy belt that allows for a gentle swing of the baby
- It also provides for two positioning (recline back) for sitting and even sleeping
- The Mothertouch 2 in 1 comes with a carrying capacity of up to 15 kg
- It comes with a safety belt that fully secures the baby
- It allows for the rocking of the baby in a back and forth movement
- The Mothertouch 2 in 1 comes in a way that would require partial but easy assembling of it
- It comes in a beautiful color that stimulates visual as the baby swings.
- Fanciful and very attractive for babies
- Adjustable positions that allow babies to sit and lay back
- It comes with a padded cushioning cover and premium fabrics for comfort.
- The swing is made from polyester
- The swing hangs about 4.5 feet from the ground, and that is too short.
2. Baby Bucket Baby Rocker – Best portable rocker
The baby bucket newborn to toddler portable baby rocker is a very handy rocker suitable for newborns to toddlers. This rocker can be extended as the baby grows bigger.
One unique feature of this rocker is its calming vibrations that soothe a baby as he/she rides in the rocker. The seat is closer to the toy bar as it makes it handy for the baby to play with it. Also, the birdie plug-in toys are kept within reach of the baby too. It also comes with a detachable toy.
The rocker frame can be extended to a higher position for toddlers to sit comfortably on and also folded away when not in use. This rocker is suitable for a newborn baby of 0 to 4 years. It has a carrying capacity of 18 Kg.
- Comes with a low profile frame
- Appropriate for newborn babies
- Ability to readjust the seat closer to the toy bar to allow for an interactive play
- Extendable frame
- Easy to fold away for carrying around
- Compactable for children between the age of 0 to 4 years
- It comes with two button cell batteries.
- Ability to extend as the baby grows to a toddler
- Comes with a detachable toy bar for the baby to play with
- Calming vibration of the rocker
- It is easy to assemble and also easy to clean.
- It is battery enabled, and batteries are not provided with the swing.
3. Webby Baby Rocker – Best Colourful baby swing
The webby baby’s fiddle diddle bouncer/rocker set your child in a comfortable position that can lull them to sleep. It is aerodynamically designed to give a calming vibration. It also comes with different reclining positions for ease during feeding time.
With the help of this baby swing, the baby will enjoy and sleep peacefully.
- Each item weigh 3.37 kg, and this makes it strong enough to keep the baby from falling
- Requires batteries to power the swing
- The clothes design vary as per availability
- It requires 2 X LR20 1.5V batteries for its vibration
- The swing package dimension is 62 X 45 X 14 cm
- Comes with toy bars hanging for playtime.
- Calming and very durable
- A soothing vibration that helps to calm and soothe babies
- Sleekly designed to give a fanciful look
- It comes with an adjustable rocker position that helps you to change the positioning without compromising the comfort of the baby
- The bright colors help to stimulate the visual sense of the babies.
- It also helps to stimulate the auditory ability of the child due to the rattles attached to the rocker
- Ability to activate music by pressing the music bottom
- Easy to assemble.
- Un-removable seat cover. This makes it difficult to machine wash when it becomes dirty
- It comes with very thin padding that makes it easy for the child to hit their feet while playing.
4. Alpha Cotton Swing – Best Movable swing
Safety of your kids is essential while you are using a product such as a swing. Alpha Cotton Swings does not compromise with the safety standards, and it comes along with a safety belt.
The ropes are made for the heavy-duty purpose to hold the weight of your kids. It is the best option for kids of age 1-4 years old. Let us look at the features of this product.
- The material of the fabric is cotton, which makes it very comfortable for babies to sleep in all season
- The design and color of the product are such that, your babies would feel attracted towards it.
- The design of the product is such that the front side is Jula, and the rear side is for the baby for sleeping.
- It is best for kids of age 1-4 years old.
- The swing is made up of heavy-duty ropes along with super lock for your child’s safety.
- The swing has a double side hook.
- The side belt allows the swing to lift more weight. You need not have to fear about the swing getting broken due to extra weight.
- It is portable and easy to carry inside after its use.
- The cushion is soft and comfortable.
- The rope length is small.
5. 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat – Stylish Rocker
The 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat, (Grey Classic), moves as it swings from one side to the other. With its bouncing, it comforts the baby.
The swings allow you to select from 5 different unique motions that include car ride and tree swing. The baby swing comes with a product dimension of 83.8 x 49.5 x 64.8 cm.
The swing can be connected to an MMP3, or you can play the music from the built-in sounds in other to stimulate the child mind.
The 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat, (Grey Classic) allows one the opportunity to control the sounds, volume, motion, and the speed of the swing through a Bluetooth compatible device.
- The swing is made from 100% polyester material
- It comes with a unique Bluetooth control devices
- It has an inbuilt sound system
- A product dimension of 83.8 x 49.5 x 64.8 cm.
- Ability to be connected through its Bluetooth devices to an MMP3
- It has a unique way of adjusting the seat recline
- It is easy to dismantle
- It comes with a fabric that is machine washable
- It also comes with overhead toys that are mobile and reversible
- Unique Bluetooth functionality
- Ease of adjusting the seat and reclines
- It comes with an MP3 capability that stimulates the baby.
- Comes with five unique motions to soothe the baby
- It comes with a removable and machine washable seat fabric.
- Most times, the babies are disturbed by the mechanical motion
- It is expensive
6. Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer – Best For Small Spaces
This new, improved baby swing is a soft, snuggly, and comfortable swing for little ones. It comes with over 20 minutes of music and nature sounds. The deluxe fabrics act as a contour to cuddly supports the baby’s head (head snuggler).
This very portable bouncer is fully designed with a strong base and a belt that is easily adjustable for the child’s safety. It is very easy to remove and also machine washable.
- It has a plush fabric that complements itscalming vibrations.
- Easy to remove and machine-washable seat pad
- Its main power source is battery
- Easy to remove overhead mobiles with luxurious birdies
- Allows caregivers and parents to select music, vibration, sounds, and also the chance to set the volume levels by touching the buttons at the control panel.
- Fully secured with a snuggle spot
- The product dimension is 24 X 21 X 21.8 inches
- It has an adjustable seat belt harness with a restraint pad.
- It comes with a seat that is very comfortable and cushioned for the baby
- Comes with a modern design that is fanciful when compared to other swings
- It cute woodland toys, raccoon and the dear, is a good distraction for the baby.
- Well-built and sturdy base
- It has an adjustable seat belt harness with a restraint pad to keeps your child comfortable and secure.
- It comes with an easy to set-up instruction for users
- A good non-skid grip on the bottom of the swing that makes sliding impossible
- It comes with a gentle vibration feature that helps to soothes and calm the babies
- Easy to remove toy bars
- The toy bar is a bit too far from babies.
7. Wonderkart Panda Baby Swing – Unique wave baby swing
The Wonderkart Panda baby swing is a unique swing that comes with four different settings for kids of different ages. It allows for adjustability to suits your baby’s unique need and position.
The product comes in this size L(40) x W(28) Cm, Front height 26Cm, Back Height 37Cm, Rope L(107)Cm.
The various stages where the swing can be adjusted include Stage one (9 to 18 months)backrest adjusted to the front position. The handlebar and the seat belt is left to keep the child safe and secured.
Stage two (16 to 36 months) the backrest is now adjusted to the back position. Handlebar and the seat belt is still intact for safety.
Stage three (3 to 5 years) swing and the backrest in a back position now.
Stage four (4 to 6 years) now the seat is left only with the hanging hooks, handgrip and adjustable robes in position.
- It comes with four different settings for the different growth stage of the baby
- The baby swing is suitable for children between the age of 9 months to 6 years old
- Comes in the same color but different print
- Product dimension is 40 X 30 X 19 cm
- The swing is made from a plastic material
- The swing hanging hooks, adjustable robes, and handgrip holding bar help to lock and keep the baby safe and secured.
- It has a unique setting styles
- Can be adjusted easily to each child’s preference and age
- Flexibility in extending the hands
- An ultimate item for your child’s enjoyment
- The swing comes with a heavy-duty rope with a super lock for the child security
- It is suitable for children within the age bracket of 9 months to 6 years.
- Rope’s length is short. Not recommended for high ceilings.
8. A to Z HUB Folding Swing Cradle – The best outdoor swing
This swing is easy to assemble and disassemble within 5 minutes. It is also easy to fold and carry about swing for convenience. This can be used outdoors as it does not take too much space.
It comes with a unisex design and a weight capacity of up to 20 Kg (45 Lbs.). It’s reputed to be the best baby outdoor swing. This swing is made from quality stainless steel and comes with other fantastic baby swing accessories and hammock accessories.
The swing comes with a 1-year warranty that covers all spare parts of the swing frame. Note that the warranty begins from the day the product is shipped and not bought.
- It is Completely foldable
- Can withstand a maximum weight of 20 Kg (45Lbs.)
- The folding bracket feature is in such a way that it can be easily placed in the car
- Portable and easy to move about
- It has a noiseless swing action
- It is designed with the smoothest cotton hammock
- Made from Stainless steels
- Unisex design for boys and girls
- Ideal for premature babies
- Fantastic fittings of hammock accessories
- It has an anti-tipping and non-slip features
- It has a noiseless swing action that guarantees a comfortable sleep for the baby
- It is very easy to assemble and disassemble
- Ideal for premature babies.
- Very portable for working parents
- Great safety for babies
- It helps to prevent Flat Head Syndrome, Avoid Colic, Improve Digestion, Quick Sleep Initiation, and Prevent Sid.
- No tool requires for folding
- Made from 100% cotton to give full comfortability to the child.
- It can only run on batteries
- Cost of changing batteries constantly
9. Panda Goyal’s Baby Musical Swing – Ideal musical swing
The Panda Goyal’s baby musical swing comes with multiple age settings. This feature allows the swing to be adjusted to suit the babies’ position and age.
At 9 to 18 months, the backrest is adjusted to the front position. The safety belt and handlebar is left there for safety (stage one), at 16 to 36 months, the backrest is adjusted to the rear position.
The safety belt and handlebar remains for the child’s safety (stage two). At age 3 to 5 years, the swing and the backrest is adjusted to the rear position (stage three), and finally, at 4 to 6 years, the seat is left for swing only (stage four).
It comes with music for a good form of relaxation and entertainment.
- It comes with multiple age settings
- Comes with an adjustable robe, hanging hooks and handgrip
- A stronghold bar locks in position
- Comes with hooks and ropes to hold back the child in the swing
- Made from plastic material
- Not portable and might not be used outdoor
- The Panda Goyal baby swing weight 2.36 Kg
- The package dimension of the product is 41.8 X 33.8 X 21.6 cm
- It requires 2 AA batteries.
- Comes with so many customizations
- Can be easily adjusted for each child’s preference and age
- An ultimate item for your child’s enjoyment
- It comes with a heavy-duty rope with a super lock for the child security
- It is suitable for children within the age bracket of 9 months to 6 years
- Have a very comfortable and unique wave swing.
- The ropes are usually short for homes with a tall ceiling height
10. Truphe Baby Swing – Best baby swing entertainment
The Truphe Musical Baby Swing with Music (Premium Blue) is made from very fine plastics. It gives your child comfort and safety. This swing comes with multiple settings for different child’s age.
This swing boast of 4 unique seat adjustability for different seating position for your child. This seating position includes stage 1 (9 to 18 months) backrest is adjusted to the front, the handlebar and safety belt is intact for the child’s safety.
Stage 2 (16 to 36 months) backrest is adjusted over to the rear position, handlebar and safety belt remain. Stage 3 (3 to 5 years) the backrest is adjusted and swing in the rear position. Stage 4 (4 to 6 years) seat is left for swinging only.
The swing comes with a load of sounds for entertainment and an adjustable rope, hanging hooks, handgrip and holding bar locks in position. It comes with a product dimension of 36 x 24 x 15 cm.
- It’s made from fine plastic
- It is very easy to install
- It comes with an adjustable rope for installation
- The swing has a dimension of 36 X 24 x 15.
- It comes with other safe, durable and versatile features
- Comes with a variety of entertainment
- It has a buckle for nylon rope that protects the swing from falling.
- Portable and easy to store
- High safety
- Durable and versatile features
- Made from a quality plastic material.
- The battery lifespan is less
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions you need to know before purchasing a baby swing for your child.
1. What is the weight limit on baby swings?
The maximum weight limit on baby swings is 30 pound, which is approximately 14 KG. Thus, even a big baby can also sleep on swings.
2. Can a baby sleep in the swing all night?
It is not a good option for your baby to leave on the swing all night. It is ok that your baby falls asleep while on the swing, but for a short while. Babies should remain on the swing only under your watchful eyes.
3. Does baby need swing and bouncer?
Newborn babies up to 6 months old would need swing and bouncer until they can sit up on their own. Most babies like to sleep on the swings and bouncer.
4. Why should I buy a baby swing?
Swing gives the new babies a resemblance of the mum’s womb. The rocking while still inside. Also, newborn babies need more attention and cuddles than grown-up ones, and the swing keeps them busy while you are working.
5. How does the swing help in the development of your baby?
The swing is a good source of fun and brings excitement to the baby. It’s a good source of physical exercise for the development of the baby. It helps in making the neck to be stronger.
6. Is a baby swing an essential item?
Yes, the baby swing is an essential item for a busy mom. It also helps in soothing the baby while you are busy or when the child needs a nap.
7. Swing help to soothing a baby?
A swing is a perfectly relaxing and soothing item for a newborn baby. It offers a rhythmic motion that calms the nerves of the baby. This is most especially when you need an extra hand to do other chores.
8. How does a swing entertain my baby?
The baby swing is a good equipment use in keeping the baby entertained. Some model of the swing comes with some toys and play some entertaining songs while swinging the baby.
9. How long can I leave my baby in a swing?
This is dependent on the baby. But it is recommended that the baby should be kept for an hour or less in a day in the swing.
Know that swings are not ideal for the long-term sleeping of a baby as it does not allow the child to grow their bones and learn to crawl.
10. What should I look out for before buying a baby swing?
Check the weight of the swing and compare it with that of the child’s weight. Other things to pay attention to is the safety of the child and the portability if you would love to move it around.
11. What are the different types of baby swing?
There are different types of baby swings that you can choose from. This includes the compact swing, full-sized swing, bouncer swing, cradle swing, hanging swing, rocker swing, and the glider swing.
12. To what age is the swing suitable for a child?
Swing is not dependent on age but a child’s weight. So consider the weight of a child to know if he/she has outweighed the swing.
13. Can I use the baby swing while on transit?
Absolutely yes. A portable baby swing can be wrapped up and tuck into the car for the baby to play in.
14. Will the baby need some head stability to be comfortable in Swing?
You won’t be needing any other item to keep the child’s head comfortable in the swing because the chair position keeps the child comfortable
15. Is the baby swing seat washable?
The newest model of baby swings comes with a detachable part that allows one to wash it easily. Most new seat pads are machine washable, and toys in the swings can also be detached.
16. Is the seat replaceable?
Most models come with replaceable parts. This includes seats and covers that one can buy separately in the market.
17. Does the swing make much noise?
The sound of the swing/vibration is not loud enough to distract one. Note that the sound can be heard, but it is just a light motor sound.
Remember that all babies’ swings are not the same. It comes with different variants and features that allow one to make a choice that will suit their babies.
A good buying guide for the best baby swing can help you transverse this touchy situation. Looking through these reviews, we recommend the Mothertouch baby swing and Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer, My Little Snugabunny for their unique features, entertainment, and safety.
Our review and pick enable parents to make the best buying decision for their children and select the ones that suit the child’s needs.