Top Rated Baby Swings
It not only keeps your baby safely engaged but also helps you with efficient and convenient parenting.
Listening to lullabies sung by mother while swinging back and forth in the swing remains our most heartwarming and joyful childhood memory.
Once the babies get used to the swing, they develop an emotional connection with it, making it easier to put them down for nap time.
Considered one of the essentials for newborn babies, there are many baby swings available now.
Top 10 Baby Swings in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best portable rocker
Best Colourful baby swings
Best Movable swing
Best swing for small spaces
Unique wave baby swing
The best outdoor baby swing
Ideal musical swing
Best baby swing entertainment
Tips On Using A Baby Swing
For using a baby swing, the following point should be noted.
- Baby swings are not meant to take over from the cuddle time from a mom or caregiver.
- Babies should not be left lying on the swing every day as this can be detrimental to their health.
- Caregivers should make sure the baby is not heavier than the weight limits specified
- Make sure that the swing is kept clean at all times before placing the baby on it.
- Infants under the age of four months should be seated in the most reclined swing position as it can lead to slumping over and suffocating.
- The harness of the swing should not be too loose or too tight on the baby.
- After putting the baby on the swing, fasten the seat belt to prevent the baby from falling out.
- Remember to change the pad frequently in order to keep the baby comfortable.
Types of Baby Swing
Baby swings come in different categories, sizes, and functionality. When we talk about the size of a baby swing, we look at the various categories of baby swings in the market. These types of baby swings can come in the following types.
A baby glider resembles an armchair that gives the baby the sensation of floating. It comes with cushions and is comfortable. It moves front to back slowly.
Full-size baby swing
The full-size baby swing is suitable for indoor events. They are the most popular types of baby swings you can get in the market. The baby swings give your baby enough room to stretch itself while still being safe and snug.
Portable baby swing
The portable baby swing is suitable for parents who wish to take their baby outdoors or travel with their little one.
Combination of baby swings
A cradle swing offers a variety of motion such as swinging and gliding from side-to-side or back and forth for the ultimate comfort.
A bouncer swing is a baby swing bouncer with a removable swing seat. Bouncer swings can carry a baby of 8 kg to 13 kg.
The baby rocker swings are different from the other types of swings because a rocker can only move from front to back.
The toddler swings come with an easy to place, comfortable seat. They are perfect for enhancing your toddlers’ motor skills. They swing your baby in a back and forth direction.
Buying Guide for a Baby Swing
Buying a swing for your little one can be tricky as you want the best and most comfortable swing for your child to enjoy safely. Here are some points one needs to take into consideration before making any purchase.
This is one of the most important factors to look out for when making a selection for your baby swing. The seat is meant to support your baby the whole time.
It is important to determine the swing seat’s strength to prevent your baby from falling off while sitting on/in it.
Ease of cleaning
How easy it is to clean up the swing is another factor to look out for. All babies are prone to spit-ups and it is important to clean properly. Any bacteria or unhygienic surface can be harmful to your baby.
Therefore when selecting a baby swing, make sure it has a removable and easy-to-wash seat cover.
The swing pad should not be too thin or too thick to provide your baby with top comfort and relaxation.
Types of motions
The swaying of the swing is the primary reason why most parents buy a baby swing. The rhythmic rocking motion of the swing imitates the womb, helping to calm these little toddlers’ nerves and sleeping.
Is the speed of the swing adjustable? This speed setting should be considered by all parents.
By adjusting the swing’s speed, one can easily determine the pace. This will help in providing your child with the most comfort.
Having this setting is a big plus because different kids enjoy a different rocking speed.
What are the different reclining positions available in the swing? Babies can get excited when swaying in different reclining positions.
As they grow older and become curious, they want to see more things from a different view. For this, a swing with an adjustable recliner is always handy.
Some swings come with a feature that offers different sway directions. You can get baby swings with the back and forth swinging position, side-to-side swinging position, up-and-down swinging position, and round and round moving position.
Look for the direction your child is more comfortable with and purchase the needed model. It is even better to go for one that has the option to swing in all directions.
If possible, avoid baby swings with a plastic frame. Go for one with good and durable materials to ensure safety for your child while they are swinging.
Remember that it is the frame that prevents the swing from falling over. Baby swings that are made from metals are ideal.
The timer feature allows one to set up a particular time that the motion will come on. Some swings come without a timer, so it is completely up to you which one to go for.
Ease of use
There is nothing more frustrating than carrying a crying baby while struggling to set up their swing at the same time.
Make sure that this new piece of item is easy to use. Go for the less complicated ones unless you have prior experience.
Baby swings come unassembled and would require one to assemble them before using.
This can be frustrating for new parents that have no prior experience. While purchasing a new swing, pick a model that does not require a lot of hassle in assembling.
The base and legs
How strong is the swing frame since this supports the whole construction? It is important to go for one with a broader base as it guarantees a sturdier structure.
Also, know that a wider base can also act as an obstacle when one is in a hurry to clean up a mess from the floor around the swing.
This is another factor to consider when you live in a small apartment. Consider buying a foldable baby swing if you will be moving it out or travelling a lot.
This feature allows the swing to be folded and tucked away in the house’s corner or inside the car when it is not being used.
Many new swings that can be found in the market now come with some unique features that will soothe and entertain your baby.
Some of these new models are Bluetooth enabled, play music, or have some white noise in the background.
Others come with a toy bar, mobiles, lights, and trays. This tactile and visual stimulation can act as an excellent distraction for hyperactive children.
Carefully choose the extras that you and your child will feel the most comfortable with.
Like we stated before, the safety of your child cannot be overemphasized.
A 5-point harness is the safest choice in selecting a swing since it offers great support for both the upper and lower body. A 3-point harness can be good for older kids.
Be sure that the lock is strong with the straps fully fitting into place.
Ensure that the straps should be made from durable material and comfortable for your baby for any swing you are purchasing.
While setting up the baby swing, make sure the surface where you are placing the swing is flat, so the swing cannot topple over. This is also important for the safety of the baby in case they somehow manage to fall out.
Also, it should be set in a place where big pets cannot get to and accidentally tip the baby swing over.
The endorsed height, weight, and age
Ensure the recommended height, weight, and age guides of the swing before purchasing.
Your baby should be either the minimum or maximum requirement of the baby swing you choose.
How often do you need to wind-up the swing for it to start swinging again?
Most cheap swings in the market might save you some little cash, but you then need to be ready to rewind them every 15-20 minutes for it to power-up again. This can be difficult for a busy mom.
Some baby swings are battery operated and are ideal for a child that sleeps easily.
For a tough sleeper, parents would need to change the batteries week in week out, which can cost a lot of extra time and money.
Make sure that you understand how to remove and replace the batteries before going for a battery-powered swing.
If you are not a technical person, then go for the plug-in models.
The plug-in baby swings are the most expensive ones in the market. They have the ability to rewind themselves and won’t require you to run to and fro to rewind or change batteries.
Going for a plug-in, if you can afford one it is the best choice.
Remember, comfort has no price!
10 Best Baby Swings
1. Mothertouch 2-in-1 Swing – Our Choice
Mothertouch 2 in 1 swing comes with a combination of functionality and entertainment for your little angels. These swings have two adjustable positions of sleeping and sitting.
It also offers maximum safety and comfort. With the Mothertouch 2 in 1 swing, you can even feed your baby while still rocking them.
It is made from a premium material that can withstand pressure and push. This best swing for your newborn baby comes in an attractive navy blue colour and allows one to rock the baby back and forth.
One other feature of this unique swing is that it is easily portable and can be carried around with no hassle.
- The baby swing comes with a sturdy belt that allows for a gentle swing.
- It also provides for two positionings, one for sitting and the other for sleeping.
- The Mothertouch 2 in 1 comes with a carrying capacity of up to 15 kg.
- It comes with a safety belt that completely secures the baby.
- It allows for the rocking of the baby in a back and forth movement.
- The Mothertouch 2 in 1 requires partial and easy assembling.
- It comes in a beautiful colour that makes it look attractive.
- Fancy and very attractive to look at.
- Adjustable positions that allow babies to sit and lay back.
- It comes with a padded cushioning cover and premium fabrics for comfort.
- The swing hangs about 4.5 feet from the ground, and that is too short.
2. Baby Bucket Baby Rocker – Best portable rocker
This newborn to toddler portable baby rocker is a very handy rocker that can be extended as the baby grows bigger.
One unique feature of this rocker is its calming vibrations that soothe the baby as he/she rides in the rocker. The seat is closer to the toy bar for the baby to play with easily.
Also, the birdie plug-in toys are kept within reach of the baby to enjoy. The toys can be detached as well so that they can be played with anywhere.
The rocker frame can be extended to a higher position for toddlers to sit comfortably.
It can be folded away when not in use. This rocker is suitable for a newborn baby of 0 to 4 years. It has a carrying capacity of 18 kg.
- Comes with a low profile frame.
- Appropriate for newborn babies.
- Ability to readjust the seat closer to the toy bar to allow for interactive play.
- Extendable frame.
- Easy to fold away for carrying around.
- Compatible for children between the age of 0 to 4 years.
- It comes with two button cell batteries.
- Ability to extend as the baby grows to a toddler.
- Comes with a detachable toy bar for the baby to play with.
- Calming vibration of the rocker.
- It is easy to assemble and also easy to clean.
- It is battery enabled, and batteries are not provided with the swing.
3. Baby Swing Khel Khilona Swing
This swing offers an economical hammock swinging chair that is suitable for indoor usage or outdoor usage.
It is a compact and portable swing that promises great entertainment and safety for your babies. This swing comes in various colours.
It looks appealing and improves the décor of your kid’s room. It keeps the baby delighted and occupied for hours.
- This infant swing is suitable for the age group of 0-3 years.
- This swing’s weight is 2 kg, and it can hold babies of weight up to 15 kgs.
- It comes with a complete set of hanging hardware and washable materials.
- This swing has a safety belt that keeps the baby secure in its place while enjoying entertaining rides.
- The swing seat features foam padding that provides superb cushioning for added comfort.
- It is covered with premium fabric that feels cozy and warm for enhanced relaxation.
- It comes with two adjustable positions, including sleeping and sitting maximum comfort and safety.
- This swing has high-quality safety hooks that are made up of stainless steel for improved safety.
- It can be easily assembled without using any tools.
- It can be mounted and dismounted quickly.
- This swing comes with a compact, foldable, and portable design that makes it easy to carry and store.
- Its unique design ensures that you can mount it on any cement, wood, or ceiling.
- This hammock swinging chair is an excellent gifting idea for kids on their birthdays.
- It is an excellent tool that provides entertainment for the baby while parents can attend to other chores.
- It provides a gentle and smooth swinging that puts the baby to sleep quickly.
- The safety belt secures the baby in the swing without irritating him or her.
- The swing set does not feature a ceiling mount.
4. Alpha Cotton Swing – Best Movable swing
Safety of your kids is essential while you are using a product such as a swing. Alpha Cotton Swings does not compromise with any safety standards, and it even comes with a secure safety belt.
The ropes are made for the heavy-duty purpose to hold the weight of your kids with ease. It is the best option for kids of age 1-4 years old and can be used for big babies as well.
- The soft cotton fabric makes it very comfortable for babies to sleep in during any season.
- It is best for kids of age 1-4 years old.
- The design and colour of the product make it look smart and attractive.
- The swing is made up of heavy-duty ropes along with a super lock for your child’s safety.
- The swing has a double side hook.
- The side belt allows the swing to lift more weight.
- You need not fear about the swing breaking due to any extra weight.
- It is portable and easy to carry inside after its use.
- The cushion is soft and comfortable.
- The rope length is short.
5. 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat – Stylish Rocker
The 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat, (Grey Classic), moves as it swings from one side to another.
The swings allow you to select from 5 different unique motions that include car ride and tree swing. The baby swing comes with a product dimension of 83.8 x 49.5 x 64.8 cm.
The swing can be connected to an MMP3, or you can play the music from the built-in sounds to stimulate the child’s mind.
The 4moms Mama Roo 4 Infant Seat (Grey Classic) lets you control the sounds, volume, motion, and swing speed through a Bluetooth compatible device.
- The swing is made from 100% polyester material.
- It comes with a unique Bluetooth control devices.
- It has an inbuilt sound system.
- Ability to be connected through its Bluetooth devices to an MMP3.
- It has a unique way of adjusting the seat recliner.
- It is easy to dismantle.
- It comes with a fabric that is machine washable.
- It also comes with overhead mobile toys.
- Unique Bluetooth functionality.
- Ease of adjusting the seat and reclines.
- It comes with an MP3 capability that stimulates the baby.
- Comes with five unique motions to soothe the baby.
- It comes with a removable and machine washable seat fabric.
- It is expensive
6. Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer – Best For Small Spaces
This new, improved baby swing is a soft, snuggly, and comfortable swing for little ones. It comes with over 20 minutes of music and nature sounds.
The deluxe fabrics act as a contour that supports the baby’s head (head snuggler).
This portable bouncer is fully designed with a strong base and an easily adjustable belt for the child’s safety. It is effortless to remove and is also machine washable.
- It has a plush fabric that complements its calming vibrations.
- Easy to remove and machine-washable seat pad.
- Its main power source is the battery.
- Easy to remove overhead toy bird mobiles.
- Can select music, vibration, sounds by using the control panel.
- Fully secured with a snuggle spot for his/her head.
- It has an adjustable seat belt harness with a restraint pad.
- Comfortable and cushioned seat.
- Comes with a modern design that looks fancy when compared to other swings.
- The cute woodland toys, raccoon, and deer provide entertainment.
- Well-built and sturdy base.
- It has an adjustable seat belt harness.
- A restraint pad for comfort and security.
- It comes with an easy to set-up instruction for users.
- A good non-skid grip on the bottom of the swing makes sliding difficult.
- It comes with a gentle vibration feature that helps to soothes and calm the babies,
- Easy to remove toy bar.
- The toy bar is a bit too far from the babies’ reach.
7. Wonderkart Panda Baby Swing – Unique wave baby swing
The Wonderkart Panda baby swing is a unique swing with four different settings for kids of different ages. It adjusts according to your baby’s unique need and position.
The product comes in this size L(40) x W(28) Cm, Front height 26Cm, Back Height 37Cm, Rope L(107)Cm.
The various stages where the swing can be adjusted include:
Stage one (9 to 18 months) backrest adjusted to the front position. The handlebar and the seat belt is used to keep the child safe and secured.
Stage two (16 to 36 months) the backrest is now adjusted to the back position. Handlebar and the seat belt is still intact for safety.
Stage three (3 to 5 years) swing and the backrest in a back position now.
Stage four (4 to 6 years) now the seat is left only with the hanging hooks, handgrip and adjustable robes in position.
- It comes with four different settings for the different growth stages.
- Suitable for children between the age of 9 months to 6 years old.
- Comes in the same colour but different prints.
- The swing is made from a plastic material.
- The swing hanging hooks, adjustable robes, and handgrip holding bar help lock and keep the baby safe and secure.
- It has a unique setting style.
- Can be adjusted easily to each child’s preference and age.
- Flexibility in extending the hand bar.
- An ultimate item for your child’s enjoyment,
- The swing comes with a heavy-duty rope with a super lock for child security.
- It is suitable for children within the age bracket of 9 months to 6 years.
- Rope’s length is short. Not recommended for high ceilings.
8. A to Z HUB Folding Swing Cradle – The best outdoor swing
This swing is easy to assemble and disassemble within 5 minutes. It is also easy to fold and carry about for convenience. This swing can be used outdoors as it does not take up too much space.
It comes with a unisex design and a weight capacity of up to 20 kgs.
This swing is made from quality stainless steel and comes with fun baby swing and hammock accessories.
The swing comes with a 1-year warranty that covers all spare parts of the swing frame.
- It is completely foldable.
- Can withstand a maximum weight of 20 kgs.
- The folding bracket feature allows it to be easily placed in the car.
- Portable and easy to move about.
- It has a noiseless swing action.
- It is designed with the smoothest cotton.
- Made from stainless steel.
- Unisex design for boys and girls.
- Ideal for premature babies.
- Fantastic fittings of hammock accessories.
- It has anti-tipping and non-slip features.
- It has a noiseless swing action that guarantees a comfortable sleep.
- It is straightforward to assemble and disassemble.
- It helps to prevent the flat head syndrome, avoid colic, improve digestion, and quick sleep initiation.
- No tools required for folding.
- Made from 100% cotton to give full comfort.
- It can only run on batteries and the cost of changing batteries is recurring.
9. Panda Goyal’s Baby Musical Swing – Ideal musical swing
The Panda Goyal’s baby musical swing comes with multiple age settings. This feature allows the swing to be adjusted to suit the babies’ position and age.
At 9 to 18 months, the backrest is adjusted to the front position. The safety belt and handlebar is left there for safety (stage one).
At 16 to 36 months, the backrest is adjusted to the rear position. The safety belt and handlebar remains for the child’s safety (stage two).
At age 3 to 5 years, the swing and the backrest is adjusted to the rear position (stage three).
Finally, at 4 to 6 years, the seat is left for swing only (stage four).
It comes with music for a good form of relaxation and entertainment.
- It comes with multiple age settings.
- Comes with an adjustable rope, hanging hooks, and handgrip.
- A stronghold bar locks in position.
- Made from a plastic material.
- The Panda Goyal baby swing weight 2.36 kg.
- It requires 2 AA batteries.
- Can be easily adjusted for each child’s preference and age.
- An ultimate item for your child’s enjoyment.
- It comes with a heavy-duty rope with a super lock for child security.
- It is suitable for children within the age bracket of 9 months to 6 years.
- Has a very comfortable and unique fun swing.
- Not portable and might not be able to be used outdoors.
10. Truphe Baby Swing – Best baby swing entertainment
The Truphe Musical Baby Swing with Music (Premium Blue) is made from excellent plastics. It gives your child comfort and safety. This swing comes with multiple settings for as your child grows.
This swing boasts 4 unique seat adjustability settings for different seating positions for your child.
This seating position includes:
Stage 1 (9 to 18 months) backrest is adjusted to the front, the handlebar and safety belt is intact for the child’s safety.
Stage 2 (16 to 36 months) backrest is adjusted over to the rear position, handlebar and safety belt remain.
Stage 3 (3 to 5 years) the backrest is adjusted and swing in the rear position.
Stage 4 (4 to 6 years) seat is left for swinging only.
The swing comes with different sounds for entertainment and an adjustable rope, hanging hooks, handgrip and holding bar locks in position.
- It is very easy to install.
- It comes with an adjustable rope for installation.
- It comes with other safe, durable and versatile features.
- Comes with music for your baby’s entertainment.
- It has a buckle for nylon rope that protects the swing from falling.
- Portable and easy to store.
- It has hand grip, adjustable ropes and hanging hooks.
- Made from a quality plastic material.
- The battery lifespan is less.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the weight limit on baby swings?
The maximum weight limit on baby swings is 14 kgs but it will vary and check the weight specifications carefully.
2. Can a baby sleep in the swing all night?
No. It is not a good option for your baby to be left on the swing all night.
It is ok if your baby falls asleep while on the swing, but for a short while. Babies should remain on the swing only under your watchful eyes.
3. Does my baby need swing and bouncer?
Yes. Newborn babies up to 6 months old would need a swing and bouncer until they can sit up on their own.
4. Why should I buy a baby swing?
A swing provides babies with a feeling of being in their mother’s womb. It provides a warm, rocking sensation and soothes them.
Also, newborn babies need more attention and cuddles than grown-up ones. The swing keeps them cuddled up and comfortable while you are working.
5. How does the swing help in the development of your baby?
The swing is a good source of fun and brings excitement to the baby.
It’s a good source of physical exercise for the development of the baby. It also helps in making the neck stronger.
6. Is a baby swing an essential item?
Yes, the baby swing is an essential item, especially for a busy mom.
It also helps in soothing the baby while you are busy or when the child needs a nap.
7. Can a swing help soothe a baby?
Yes. A swing is a perfect relaxing and soothing tool for a newborn baby.
It offers a rhythmic motion that calms the nerves of the baby. This is most needed when you are busy doing chores.
8. How does a swing entertain my baby?
Many baby swings come with toys while others have built-in entertaining songs and rhymes. This keeps your little one entertained.
9. How long can I leave my baby in a swing?
This depends on how comfortable your baby is in the swing, but it is recommended that the baby be kept for an hour or less.
Know that swings are not ideal for the long-term sleeping of a baby as it does not can affect their growth and crawling ability.
10. What should I look out for before buying a baby swing?
Check the weight of the swing and compare it with that of the child’s weight. Other things to pay attention to are the child’s safety and if you plan on moving the swing around or not.
11. What are the different types of baby swing?
There are different types of baby swings that you can choose from. This includes the compact swing, full-sized swing, bouncer swing, cradle swing, hanging swing, rocker swing, and the glider swing.
12. To what age is the swing suitable for a child?
The suitability of a swing is not according to your child’s age but to their weight.
13. Can I use the baby swing while on transit?
Yes. A portable baby swing can be easily put into your car, and your baby can enjoy a safe and fun drive.
14. Will the baby need head stability to be comfortable in the swing?
No. You won’t be needing any other item to keep the child’s head comfortable in the swing because the chair position keeps it in place and comfy.
15. Is the baby swing seat washable?
Yes. The newest model of baby swings come with a detachable part that allows one to wash it easily.
Most new seat pads are machine washable, and toys in the swings can also be detached and cleaned.
16. Is the seat replaceable?
Yes. Most models come with replaceable parts. This includes seats and covers that one can buy separately in the market.
17. Does the swing make much noise?
No. The sound of the swing/vibration of most swings is not loud enough to distract one. Note that the sound can be heard, but it is just a light motor sound.
A baby swing is like a small and secure personal space for babies where they can doze off carefree and enjoy the thrill of gentle rides.
It’s probably the only place other than a mother’s lap where they weave sweet dreams and feel an immense sense of security and comfort.
Considering how crucial a baby swing is for your babies, you need to choose one that can shower your abundant love and care for the babies.
More Buyer Guides and Reviews