Best Baby Girl Shoes
Choosing the best shoe for a baby boy or baby girl is a difficult task for most parents. This issue boils down to the fact that babies grow extremely fast and will also require a high-quality shoe material that will not hurt their tiny and delicate feet. Apart from this, every parent wishes to get a fashionable shoe for their cutie pie. This is intended to enhance the captivating look of the child.
It is also necessary to know that at this stage of the child’s life, the bones are soft and growing fast – and a wrong posture can damage the child’s physical development and walking position.
Shoes are an essential item for any baby that is beginning to take their first steps. It is also an excellent accessory for pre-walking babies.
But with the numerous manufacturers producing baby shoes, selecting that one that will suit your girl would require you to understand some essential features before making a decision.
If you are not in a hurry – read along as we show you some important things to note while making this all-important decision.
In this, you shall find types of baby feet, steps to measure shoe size, shortcomings while buying shoes, safety practices, types of shoes, top 10 baby girl shoes, buyer’s guide, and frequently asked questions.
Top 10 Baby Girl Shoes
Best for Summer
Best Lightweight Shoes for Baby Girls
Best Elegant Shoes for Babies
Best Led Shoes
Best Fit for Newborn Babies
Best Soft First Walker Shoe
Best Woolen Booties for Girls
Ole Baby Touch Fastener with Lace Whistle Musical Outdoor First Walking Shoes Sole Size- 11.7 cm 0-6 Months
Most Popular Shoe for Girls
Best for Active Toddlers
Types of Baby Feet
Human feet are unique in their various right. The human feet can be broader or narrower based on the genetic makeup of the individual. It is necessary to ascertain the different feet composition that our baby might have.
The Flat Feet
A flat foot is a situation where the arch of the foot is less developed than usual. Virtually all babies are born with flat feet. This is a normal occurrence. Although all feet will have five toes, a heel and a sole, some foot is narrower than others, while others are broader.
This is simply due to our genetic makeup. But for most children, the arch develops naturally around the age of six. Most often there is no need for medical innervation unless if the condition is severe.
For babies with flat feet, the best shoes will be those that support the arch and provides enough support.
The Wide Feet
Some babies are born with wide feet. This can often be a problem when you need to select a comfortable shoe for the child. Most of the boots would fit perfectly in length, but due to the wide feet, the little toes will be compressed and cause discomfort to your little angel.
Baby shoe manufacturers now produce shoes for kids with wide feet. To ease your search, look for shoe models that are made from flexible materials. Also, laces or Velcro shoes are an ideal choice because they can adjust quickly.
The Narrow Feet
This feet type is the ideal feet size most parents wish for their babies. The options for this type of feet are endless.
But it becomes a bigger problem when a child is born with narrower feet. Selection becomes challenging as most shoes tend to glide out of the heel of the shoe as it cannot fit properly.
Steps in Measuring the Shoe Size for Your Baby Girl
To measure the shoe size of your baby girl may seem simple, but in reality, it is an arduous task. Parents often make the error of selecting a smaller or a bit bigger shoes for their child.
In measuring babies feet, they rarely keep their feet straight, and it often keeps parents confuse if it is the right one for the child.
It is important to know that babies have a lot of fatty padding on the bottom of their feet that often make them flat-footed. Therefore walking shoes should be accurately measured and tested before making a purchase.
Here are ways one can try out before making a buying decision.
To ascertain the right size of the baby feet, it is essential to measure the child standing. Maintain a standing position for the child by supporting her if possible on a white sheet of paper. With this, one can outline the contour of the child’s feet with a pencil.
With the pencil, you can trace the lines starting from the tip of the toe to the far point of the heel. The distance between the two intersection points that are measured in inches will correspond to a standard size of the baby shoe.
The Heel Test
In trying out the heel test, be sure that the heel of the shoe sits snuggly against the back of the selected shoe. Looking for a very comfortable but tight fitted shoe is necessary. Since children hate discomfort, check if the shoe pinches – as it shows that the shoe is too small for the baby.
Also, if the heel easily slides out, it means that the shoe may be a bit too big for the baby. The sassy way to confirm the right size for the child is by inserting your pinkie into the shoe heel. This should feel snug when the baby’s toes are pushed to the front of the shoe.
The Thumb test
Another way to check if the shoe fits your baby feet properly is by pressing one’s thumb sideways at the tip of the shoe. This should be close to half an inch or a thumb width space between the tip of the child’s shoe and the child’s longest toe
The Clever pads
Some popular shoe brands come with smart pads that one can easily pull out from the shoes to test the baby feet size. With this, one can quickly ascertain if the shoe is too small or large for the baby’s feet.
Shortcomings of Buying a Very Big or Small Shoe for Your Girl
In making a buying decision, it is essential to choose the right shoe size for your baby girl to avoid some discomfort that comes with it. Here are some pitfalls that come with buying the wrong shoe size for your baby
- A loose shoe will prevent your child from having a good posture when she starts walking
- Shoes bigger than the baby leg are usually uncomfortable for the child while still an infant
- A tiny shoe can pinch and be discomforting
- Too tight a shoe can make the baby feet to grow in a wrong shape
- It might lead to the baby falling while walking
Safety Practices in Buying Shoes for Baby Girls
In getting shoes for baby girls, some factors need to be considered so as not to get a shoe that will be uncomfortable for the child. It is necessary to note some of these safety practices on what to look out for in getting a safe and secure baby shoe
- Pick a shoe that is comfortable as this is the most critical consideration for the child.
- Check if the child is limping or tripping while walking. This will mean that the shoe is not comfortable for her as the baby might not be able to tell you that the shoe is not comfortable
- Endeavor to observe the feet of the child after pulling the shoes, to note if they are any red patches or scratches
- Desist from buying used walking shoes for your babies. This is because the shoes have likely been molded to the feet of the previous owner. This could harm the development of the baby’s feet
- Don’t shop for babies shoes in the morning. This is because the baby feet is expected to swell later in the day and more significant. It has been found that shoes bought in the morning are usually tighter later in the evening.
Different Types of Baby Shoes
As many manufacturers of babies shoes are in the market, so are different types of the shoe made available for parents to choose from. It is up to the parent to choose the child while still as an infant or toddler.
The various types of baby shoes that one can find in the India market includes the following
Lace shoes are conventional in the India market. This is a great favorite for baby girls, as it gives them this charming look and makes them look like a baby adult. The only challenge inherent in this type of shoe is the stress that comes with tying the tiny strings.
This type of baby shoes is suitable for pre-walkers or first shoe for the baby. But when the child grows more and ready for a real walk, then know that the slip-on won’t be ideal for the child anymore. The shortcoming of this type of baby shoe is that it is easy to slip-off as much as it is easy to slip-on.
The Velcro is a baby shoe type that comes with a strap. This type of shoe is classic for teaching your young child on how to open and close a shoe. It is also a favorite shoe type for most parents. One other feature of the Velcro baby shoe is the ease of adjusting for broader or narrower feet.
Buckles and straps
The baby shoes with buckles and straps are meant for more experienced walkers who are already balanced and secured on their feet. An example of this type of shoes is a sandal with ankle straps. The shortcoming of this type of shoes is that it does not give much support.
The snaps are similar to the slip one. The difference between the both is that the snaps give more support and are more secure than the slip-on.
Buying Guide for a Baby Girl Shoe
Like we have stated earlier, some important factors need to be considered when making a buying decision for baby girl shoes. Some important features to look out for include the following.
It is essential to go for a shoe that is made from leather or mesh materials to aid breathability. This soft leather or cloth topped shoes allows air to flow into the shoe down to the sweaty toes of the little ones. Stiff and robust shoe materials obstruct the growth and smooth development of the baby’s feet.
A shoe with excellent traction is necessary to prevent sliding or slipping of the baby. For babies taking their first walk, the shoe must come with grooves on the bottom in other to help the child learn how to walk more confidently. Other hard bottom shoes come with a rubber non-skid soles with ridges that give traction to a wobbly walker.
The flexibility of the shoe is an important factor to consider when buying a shoe for your baby. Most babies dislike pains and discomfort while putting on their shoes. Therefore, it is important to get a shoe that is easy to put on. It is also important for the growth and development of the child’s feet.
Comfortability of the shoe is the other factor one needs to consider when purchasing a shoe for babies. To ensure that the baby’s shoe develops properly, it is necessary that the shoe should be comfortable. It is therefore vital that one get the right size for the child. It is also essential that the interior of the shoes are breathable with no stitches that may hurt the child’s feet.
In buying shoes for little children, it is necessary to choose a lightweight shoe. Go for canvas shoes with a flexible sole pending when the child starts walking. Mom can introduce rigid soles as soon as the baby starts walking.
The height of the shoe is another important feature one needs to consider when purchasing a baby shoe. An ideal shoe height should be above the ankle to enable a free movement for the child.
It is also needful to observe the baby’s posture when she is wearing the shoe. With that, one can be able to know if the baby is developing a good posture or a bad one that is related to an unsuitable shoe.
Considering the cost of the shoe is essential. It is worthy to note that the price of a shoe does not necessarily mean that the shoe is the best. Endeavor to look up pass reviewers for their feedback
The material used in making the shoe determines the durability of the shoe and comfortability. Flexible materials complement the baby’s bare feet, and it is suitable for walking.
1. SKIPS Non-Slip Shoes for Baby Girl – Expert Pick
These non-slip booties shoes are specially made to protect the baby’s fragile bones. Since the feet of the baby is made from soft cartilage, which gradually develops into a bone in later months, a non-slip booty is essential for the protection of the feet during this natural foot development stages.
The skips baby non-slip shoes are handcrafted soft sole shoes that are suitable for babies within the ages of 0 to 2 years. It is designed with the use of locally sourced fabrics and artisanal skill.
These soles are designed in vibrant printed cotton for daily use, embroidered cotton for the party and festive wear and as ethnic chic jacquard weaves.
It is ideal for pre-walkers and early walkers due to its Sherpa insole that promotes a healthy feet development.
- It comes with a rubber sole
- It comes with a soft, breathable fabric
- An elasticized fastening for a secure fit
- It gives protection from rough surfaces
- It has a non-slip faux suede sole that allows the baby’s feet to grip and stretch while walking.
- The shoes are machine washable
- It is made from vegan materials. Soft and breathable fabrics
- The shoe promotes the right balance and feet development
- The skips baby shoe comes with a soft insole anti-slip sole
- It comes with a slip-on closure to enable little ones to wear them with ease
- It is a good shoe option for the protection of the baby’s feet
- It’s unique because it is hand made
- The shoes are lovely as it comes with fun prints and lovely colors
- The shoe is quite expensive
2. Mishlee Baby Girl Boots – Best for Summer
This is a beautiful baby girl boots that come in a variety of colors. These fashionable shoes are designed in a way to protect the little one’s feet while walking.
It allowed for the development of the feet and made from materials that aid breathability. One other unique thing about this Mishlee baby girl boots is that it is lightweight, making it comfortable for the child to wear.
- Suitable for narrow feet, wide feet, and other feet sizes
- The shoe is very durable
- The baby shoe sole is made from TPR
- It is suitable for babies between 15 months to 4 1/2 years
- The shoe is ideal for all seasons
- It comes in sizes 14.5 to 16.5 cm
- The shoe comes with excellent finishing and fits properly
- It has great quality and design
- Most users complain of slight errors in the actual sizes of the product gotten
- There is also the problem of minor color differences from the product seen on Amazon and the actual product.
3. FunFashion Baby Girl Shoes– Best Lightweight Shoes for Baby Girls
This baby shoe for girls is a class on its own. It stands out from the lot due to the fashion statement that it is expected to make. The shoe is expected to bring additional beauty to your child while putting on this lovely shoe.
It is beautifully designed to give users a perfect fitness. The long white shoes also come with a fully adjustable chain system. This makes it suitable for different feet in size.
- It has a PVC sole
- The shoe is designed with a zip closure that aids adjustability.
- It is seen as occasional footwear such as weddings, parties and other social events
- It has a long-lasting quality
- It is made from a special type of cotton material inside
- Designed with little leather materials from outside
- The shoe is light-weighted
- The shoes give the child a stunning look
- The shoe is made from very durable breathable materials
- The shoe provides perfect comfort for your child
- The shoe size does not match perfectly
4. CHiU Chu Chu Shoes For Baby Girls – Best Elegant Shoes for Babies
This is one of the most popular types of baby shoes around. It is suitable for baby girls and toddlers. This is a very secure shoe that comes with a double strap to prevent the baby’s foot from slipping out. It’s an ideal shoe to keep the baby’s feet comfortable and cool
This soft product nature makes it the best option for the child’s tiny little feet. It helps in keeping the baby’s soft muscles, bones, and tendons safe and warm.
It also comes with a very comfortable inner blind cotton with some very cute colors that adds extra beauty to the shoes.
It also provides enough stability and balance for the baby and their tiny legs. It’s a cool way to keep them attractive
- The Chiu Chu Chu shoes are made from PVC soles
- It is designed with a sturdy Velcro closure
- It is designed with soft straps that will help to keep the baby’s feet secure
- It comes with a soft and comfortable inner cotton
- Comes with a thick sponge to give a better comfort
- The shoe is suitable for kids between the ages of 9 to 12 months
- It comes with three different foot lengths of 13.5CM, 18-21 Months – Foot length 14CM, 22-24 Months – Foot length 14.4 CM, 24-28 Months.
- It has a product dimension of 10 x 6 x 5 cm
- It comes with an item weight of 200 g
- Its very soft material makes it very calming on the baby’s feet
- The sound that the shoe comes with makes it charming for the baby to walk on
- It is easy on your baby’s soft skin
- The quality was not up to the mark
5. Passion Petals Baby Girl Shoes – Best Led Shoes
The passion petals baby shoe for girls is a unique shoe that stands out among every other shoe in the India market. The shoe comes with ideal sizes for your child, and it is recommended to buy a shoe that is +0.5~1.2cm bigger.
The passion petal shoes come in a beautiful box that keeps the product secured.
With the LED light, the baby is always attracted to the shoe and makes them look attractive. The LED starlight shoe is suitable for parties, ceremonies, and other social occasions.
- The shoe is designed with a rubber sole
- The shoe comes with an item weight of 299 g
- It has product dimensions of 12 x 8 x 8 cm
- It is unique because of its multicolored LED design
- Suitable for baby girls
- The shoe does not come with a slip walk
- Ideal for social outings
- Nice quality product
- The design of the shoe is eye-catching
- The shoe is lightweight
- It shoe sizes are often bigger than the ordered shoe
6. Mishlee Baby Shoes – Best Fit for Newborn Babies
This is another great shoe for your baby. It comes with a soft sole and in different colors. The Mishlee baby shoes are made from suede. It is designed in a way that it can bend in all directions for an added comfort.
This beautiful design shoe is suitable for the protection of the baby’s feet while crawling and walking. It allows the child’s feet to move, breathe, and develop without any obstruction.
It is a perfect fit for newborns, infants, pre-walkers, and toddlers.
- The Mishlee baby shoes are made of cotton
- The shoe can be worn at all seasons
- It comes in 3 different sizes of 12, 13 and 14 cm
- Suitable for children between the ages of 0 to 18 months
- It has a soft sole, and It is made from breathable materials
- The shoe can bend in a different direction
- Comes in two colors
- The shoe is lightweight and Very durable
- It can fit wide feet, narrow fit, and other sizes in-between
- The Mishlee sellers have excellent customer service.
- The product quality is good.
- The shoes are nicely designed to give the baby a beautiful look
- Has limited colors and design
7. Voberry Baby-Girl’s Shoes – Best Soft First Walker Shoe
This is a lovely flowery letter first walker shoe. It is designed in a way that adds elegance to your baby’s dressing. This shoe is made from soft materials that keep the delicate baby feet comfortable and breathable
It is also an ideal shoe for occasion and shower gift
- This products upper part of the shoe is made from PU leather
- The shoe is made from soft materials
- The shoe package comes with 1 PC Hairband
- An anti-slip design to keep the baby safe and secure
- Ideal for children between the ages of 0 to 18 months
- Comes in 3 sizes of 11, 12 and 13 cm
- Great design
- It is suitable for outings and parties
- The product does not come with a warranty
- The shoe flower quality is not very good
8. Love Crochet Baby Woolen Booties – Best Woolen Booties for Girls
The love crochet baby woolen booties are an excellent option to take care of your baby’s delicate feet. This shoe gives the little one more comfortable wearing this. It comes with a very soft interior and an excellent exterior.
Art classic crochet woolen booties are designed from gorgeous wool that is easy to care for. It comes with a great outlook that offers both a warm and stylish disposition.
It also gives the child a free and un-bounding feeling.
- It comes with a lace-up closure
- It is made from breathable materials
- The shoe is 100 percent handmade booties
- It is crocheted out of a gorgeous wool
- Easy to clean
- The shoes are made from high-quality yarn
- An ideal gift for expectant mothers
- The bootie is designed in an attractive way
- It is soft and comfortable
- The product material, color combination and the feel of the shoe makes it a good buy
- The shoe size is often bigger than most children legs
- The pearl in the shoe get detached
9. Ole Baby Walking Shoes – Most Popular Shoe for Girls
This is one of the most popular baby shoes in the India market. These shoes are designed from very soft, interlock fabrics. It is also seen as an ideal shoe for every season and acts as a good form of protection for the child’s feet.
The shoes are made from soft cotton materials and do not contain any harmful material or hurt the child’s delicate skin and feet.
Due to the soft nature of this shoe, ole baby touch can be worn all day long. It helps to keep the baby-soft tendons, muscles, and bones on the baby’s feet safe, comfortable, and warm.
- It comes with a fasteners
- It has a thick sponge for better comfort
- It is designed with a Velcro and lace closure (hook and loop)
- Easy to put on and pull off
- Comes in multi prints that add more beauty to the shoes
- The shoe size is 11.2 cm
- Recommended age of 0 to 6 months
- Suitable for all season
- Soft interlock fabrics
- The shoe is designed for maximum breathability and comfort
- Excellent product that gives good value for money
- Made from good quality materials
- Comes with music to captivate the baby
- Easily gets torn when used regularly
10. FemmeStopper Baby Girl Shoes – Best for Active Toddlers
The FemmeStopper Lovely Pair of Elegant Soft Baby Shoes for Your Little One is soft and comfortable shoes that have a beautiful design. This shoe helps in keeping the baby’s feet and bones safe and protected.
These beautiful kid shoes are made from durable knitted fabric that is 100 percent cotton. This helps in the breathability and growth of the baby’s feet. It is also easy to wear.
One other factor to note about the FemmeStopper Baby Girl Flower is the hook and loop that secure the soft soles.
- It comes with a slip-on closure
- Suitable for children between 12 to 18 months
- Ideal for casual wear
- The shoe comes with a cushioning foot-bed inside to keep the baby’s feet warm and soft
- It is ideal for the balancing of the baby while walking
- The shoes can be used for all season
- It is designed in a way that it is easy to wear
- A perfect fit for your little girl
- The shoe hook and loop closure keeps it secure
- Easily Washable
- The quality of the shoes is questionable
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it essential to measure my baby’s feet?
Yes, it is vital to measure the baby’s feet before buying or ordering a shoe for her. It is necessary to expertly measure the kid’s feet to ensure that the shoes are comfortable and fit perfectly for proper feet development and posture
2. When should a baby start wearing shoes?
Most babies can start wearing shoes after for fancy and to protect the feet after birth. But it is necessary to get a shoe for the child when they start crawling or bottom shuffle unaided. Getting a lightweight fitted shoe will aid in assisting their walking development.
3. What is the importance of correct fitting shoes?
Correct fitted shoes for kid’s aids in the natural development of the baby’s feet and to help in developing of good walking posture
4. Is it ideal for a baby to wear shoes when they’re learning to walk?
Pediatricians often recommend that babies should go barefoot as often as possible in the early stage of walking. This is important because it allows the baby’s feet to breathe and to get used to the floor for stability. But while the child is walking barefooted, make sure they are no sharp objects lying around or in a dirty area.
5. How quickly do my child’s feet grow?
It is essential to know that the baby’s feet grow faster. A child can outgrow two shoe sizes in the first three or five years. Endeavor to check the child’s feet regularly to make sure that it fits properly, and that is when the girl’s leg is proliferating.
6. How often should I replace my child’s shoes?
The rate of replacing is depended on how often the child wears the shoe, the rate of the child’s feet growth and tear and wears. It is essential to check the shoes regularly to know if they still fit.
7. At what time will my child’s feet stop growing?
The feet of a child often stop growing once the child reaches school age. The rate of growth slows down to about one size per year. The stage of feet growth differs among different kids. It is seen that at the age of 10, most girls have completed 90 percent of their feet growth. While the feet would stop growing for most girls at age 14.
8. Does a child need insoles?
This is that most parents often ask. Insoles are used to correct issues that come with postures or feet development. Therefore, insoles should be used only on the recommendation of foot-health experts (Podiatrist).
9. How will I know if my toddler has flat feet?
Flat feet arch are not usually visible for kids as in older kids or adults. At this stage, the soft tissue in this area protects the growing bones. The posture a child adopts when they take their first step may often give an appearance of a flat foot, but it often gets corrected when they adopt an adult walking style by the time they begin school. It is also essential to consult your GP if you are bothered.
10. My child’s feet turn inward, is it normal?
This is usually common for little children as they begin to develop the ankle bones and leg. This leads to the inward rotation of the feet. It usually corrects itself as soon as the baby gets to 7 years. You can also consult your Podiatrist if you are concerned.
11. What sizes do baby shoes come in?
Baby shoes come in different sizes, and it depends on the age of the baby. This shoe comes in the following sizes: (Newborn, 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, and 18-24 months).
12. How does one determine the size of my baby feet?
Mom can measure the size of their baby’s feet using a pencil or with the aid of an adjustable ankle strap to measure the feet.
13. How do I measure the width of my baby’s foot?
This can simply be done by taking a piece of string and wrap under the instep and over the bridge of the child’s foot. To get the weight of the baby’s foot, measure this string in inches.
14. What is the meaning of 360° Elastic System?
360° Elastic System in baby’s shoe means that the elastic band in the shoe can go all the way around the ankle of the child to prevent the shoe from slipping off.
15. How can baby shoe easily slip on?
With the 360° Elastic System that most shoes come with makes it flexible to pull them loose and slip on the baby’s foot.
16. What is the difference between waterproof and water resistance?
Waterproof is different from water resistance. When a shoe is waterproof, it means that the fiber particles won’t hold to the water molecules. But that does not mean that if the child steps inside a puddle of water that the shoe won’t get wet, the shoe needs to be removed and dry
17. What is flexible, non-slip, non-skid grippy sole?
The significant difference between this sole types is the material used in making the soles. Non-slip soles are any material that comes with some texture while the Grippy sole sticks to the floor without applying pressure
This is dependent on the baby’s feet and age; the taste and occasion is an important feature to look out for when making one selection. In our expert opinion, the Ole Baby Touch Fastener with Lace Whistle Musical Outdoor First Walking Shoes and SKIPS Baby Non-Slip Booties Shoes for Baby Girl
Therefore, with so many choices in the India market, this baby shoe guide will help you in making a good selection for your child as they take the first step.