Best Baby Girl Shoes
Watching your baby girl taking her first steps is a very personal, emotional, and heartwarming experience for parents. Most parents crave to capture those cute moments in their memories forever.
An exceptionally cute, colourful, and delicately crafted pair of girl shoes, helps the parents to make early walking moments of their babies truly special.
A well-designed baby girl shoe not only boosts the cuteness of a baby girl but also takes care of her tiny and delicate feet.
Whether your baby girl is in the pre-walking stage or has started walking on her feet, a pair of baby girl shoes works great for her.
A good-quality shoe helps maintain the correct body posture and provides great cushioning for your cutie-pie’s feet.
In this article, you shall find types of baby feet, steps to measure shoe size, shortcomings while buying shoes, safety practices, types of shoes, top 10 baby girl shoes, buyer’s guide, and frequently asked questions.
Top 10 Baby Girl Shoes in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best for Summer
Best Lightweight Shoes for Baby Girls
Best Elegant Shoes for Babies
Best Led Shoes
Best Fit for Newborn Babies
Best Soft First Walker Shoe
Best Woolen Booties for Girls
Best for Active Toddlers
Types of Baby Feet
The human feet can be broader or narrower based on the genetic makeup of the individual. It is necessary to ascertain the different feet composition that our baby might have.
A flat foot is a situation where the arch of the foot is less developed than usual. Virtually all babies are born with flat feet. This is a normal occurrence. Some foot is narrower than others, while others are broader. This is simply due to our genetic makeup.
But for most children, the arch develops naturally around the age of six. Most often, there is no need for medical innervation unless if the condition is severe.
For babies with flat feet, the best shoes will support the arch and provide enough support.
The Wide Feet
Some babies are born with wide feet. This can often be a problem when you need to select a comfortable shoe for the child.
Most of the boots would fit perfectly in length, but the little toes will be compressed due to the wide feet and cause discomfort to your little angel.
Baby shoe manufacturers now make shoes for kids with wide feet. To ease your search, look for shoe models that are made from flexible materials. Also, laces or Velcro shoes are an ideal choice because they can adjust quickly.
The Narrow Feet
This feet type is the ideal feet size most parents wish for their babies. The options for this type of foot are endless.
But it becomes a bigger problem when a child is born with narrower feet. Selection becomes challenging as most shoes tend to glide out of the shoe’s heel as it cannot fit properly.
Steps in Measuring the Shoe Size for Your Baby Girl
To measure your baby girl’s shoe size may seem simple, but in reality, it is a difficult task. Parents often make the error of selecting smaller or a bit bigger shoes for their child.
In measuring babies’ feet, they rarely keep their feet straight, and it often confuses parents if it is the right one for the child.
It is important to know that babies have a lot of fatty padding on the bottom of their feet that often make them flat-footed. Therefore walking shoes should be accurately measured and tested before making a purchase.
Here are ways one can try out before making a buying decision.
To ascertain the right size of the baby’s feet, it is essential to measure the child’s standing.
Maintain a standing position for the child by supporting her if possible on a white sheet of paper. With this, one can outline the contour of the child’s feet with a pencil.
With the pencil, you can trace the lines starting from the toe’s tip to the far point of the heel. The distance between the two intersection points measured in inches will correspond to the standard size of the baby shoe.
The Heel Test
In trying out the heel test, be sure that the shoe’s heel sits snuggly against the back of the selected shoe.
Looking for a very comfortable but tight fitted shoe is necessary. Since children hate discomfort, check if the shoe pinches – as it shows that the shoe is too small for the baby.
Also, if the heel easily slides out, it means that the shoe may be a bit too big for the baby.
The easy way to confirm the child’s right size is by inserting your pinkie into the shoe heel. This should feel snug when the baby’s toes are pushed to the front of the shoe.
The Thumb test
Another way to check if the shoe fits your baby’s feet properly is by pressing one’s thumb sideways at the tip of the shoe.
This should be close to half an inch or a thumb width space between the tip of the child’s shoe and the child’s longest toe.
Shortcomings of Buying a Very Big or Small Shoe for Your Girl
In making a buying decision, it is essential to choose the right shoe size for your baby girl to avoid some discomfort that comes with it. Here are some pitfalls that come with buying the wrong shoe size for your baby
A loose shoe will prevent your child from having a good posture when she starts walking.
Shoes bigger than the baby’s leg are usually uncomfortable for the child.
A tiny shoe can pinch and be discomforting.
Too tight a shoe can make the baby’s feet grow in the wrong shape.
A tight shoe can also lead to the baby falling while walking.
Safety Practices in Buying Shoes for Baby Girls
In getting shoes for baby girls, some factors need to be considered to not get a shoe uncomfortable for the child. It is necessary to note some of these safety practices on what to look out for to get a comfortable and secure baby shoe.
Pick a shoe that is comfortable as this is the most critical consideration for the child.
Check if the child is limping or tripping while walking. This will mean that the shoe is not comfortable for her as the baby might not tell you that the shoe is not comfortable.
Ensure to observe the feet of the child after pulling the shoes, to note if they are any red patches or scratches.
Resist buying used walking shoes for your babies. This is because the shoes have likely been molded to the feet of the previous owner. This could harm the development of the baby’s feet.
Don’t shop for a baby’s shoes in the morning. This is because the baby feet are expected to swell later in the day and more significantly. It has been found that shoes bought in the morning are usually tighter later in the evening.
Different Types of Baby Shoes
There are many different types of shoes available for parents to choose from. It is up to the parent to choose the child while still as an infant or toddler.
The various types of baby shoes that one can find in the Indian market include the following.
Lace shoes are conventional in the Indian market.
This is one of the favourites for baby girls, as it gives them a charming look and makes them look like a baby adult. The only challenge inherent in this type of shoe is the stress that comes with tying the tiny strings.
This type of baby shoe is suitable for pre-walkers or the first shoes for the baby. But when the child grows and is ready for a real walk, then know that the slip-on won’t be ideal for the child anymore.
The shortcoming of this type of baby shoe is that it is easy to slip-off as much as it is easy to slip-on.
The Velcro closure shoe is a baby shoe type that comes with a strap. This type of shoe is classic for teaching your young child how to open and close a shoe.
One other feature of the velcro baby shoe is the ease of adjusting for broader or narrower feet.
Buckles and straps
The baby shoes with buckles and straps are meant for more experienced walkers who are already balanced and secured on their feet. An example of this type of shoe is a sandal with ankle straps.
The shortcoming of this type of shoe is that it does not give much support.
The snaps are similar to the slip one. The difference between the both is that the snaps give more support and are more secure than the slip-on.
Buying Guide for a Baby Girl Shoe
As we have stated earlier, some important factors need to be considered when deciding on baby girl shoes. Some important features to look out for include the following.
It is essential to go for a shoe made from leather or has mesh materials to aid breathability. The soft leather or cloth topped shoes allow air to flow into the shoe down to the little ones’ sweaty toes.
Stiff and robust shoe materials obstruct the growth and smooth development of the baby’s feet.
A shoe with excellent traction is necessary to prevent sliding or slipping of the baby. For babies taking their first walk, the shoe must come with grooves on the bottom to help the child learn how to walk more confidently.
Other hard bottom shoes come with rubber non-skid soles with ridges that give traction to a wobbly walker.
The flexibility of the shoe is an important factor to consider when buying a shoe for your baby. Most babies dislike pains and discomfort while putting on their shoes.
Therefore, it is important to get a shoe that is easy to put on. It is also important for the growth and development of the child’s feet.
Comfortability of the shoe is another factor one needs to consider when purchasing a shoe for babies. To ensure that the baby’s shoe develops properly, the shoe must be comfortable.
It is, therefore, vital to get the right size for the child. It is also essential that the shoes’ interior are breathable with no stitches that may hurt the child’s feet.
In buying shoes for little children, it is necessary to choose a lightweight shoe. Go for canvas shoes with a flexible sole bending when the child starts walking.
You can introduce rigid soles as soon as the baby starts walking.
It is also needful to observe the baby’s posture when she is wearing the shoe. With that, one can know if the baby is developing a good posture or a bad one related to an unsuitable shoe.
The material used in making the shoe determines the durability of the shoe and comfortability. Flexible materials compliment the baby’s bare feet, and it is suitable for walking.
1. Rgk’s Baby Girls’ Mary Jane Shoes
Rgk’s baby girls’ Mary Jane shoes are beautifully designed and are classy shoes that effortlessly boost your baby’s style.
This pair of shoes features a contemporary, refined design that provides the ultimate comfort for your baby’s feet.
- This pair of shoes comes in an attractive pink colour that goes well with all your baby’s dresses.
- It comes with a hook and loop closure that secures these shoes in your baby’s feet and ensures that they provide comfortable fitting.
- It is suitable for babies aged 3 years and above.
- These are high-quality shoes that feature multi-coloured stars and images of cute dolls over their surface and insoles.
- It is prepared from synthetic leather.
- Your baby can wear it in all seasons.
- These are all-time fashionable footwear for your baby girl that can be used for multiple occasions, including ceremonies, parties, weddings, or any other festivals.
- This pair of shoes features enhanced durability and comfortable wearing for long durations. Thus, babies won’t complain of any discomfort and love to roam around in these shoes.
- This pair of shoes looks super-cute and instantly grabs the attention of your cutie-pie.
- The material of the shoes is not scratch resistant.
2. SKIPS Non-Slip Shoes for Baby Girl – Expert Pick
These non-slip shoes are specially made to protect the baby’s fragile bones. Since the baby’s feet are made from soft cartilage, which gradually develops into a bone in later months, a non-slip booty is essential for the protection of the feet during this natural foot development stage.
These baby non-slip shoes have handcrafted soft soles suitable for babies between the ages of 0 to 2 years. It is designed with the use of locally sourced fabrics and artisanal skills.
It is ideal for pre-walkers and early walkers due to its Sherpa insole that promotes healthy feet development.
- It comes with a rubber sole for grip.
- It comes with a soft, breathable fabric.
- An elasticized fastening for a secure fit
- It has a non-slip faux suede sole that allows the baby’s feet to grip and stretch while walking.
- The shoes are machine washable.
- It is made from vegan materials that are soft and breathable.
- The shoe promotes the right balance and foot development.
- The skips baby shoe comes with a soft insole anti-slip sole.
- It comes with a slip-on closure to enable little ones to wear them with ease.
- It’s unique because it is hand made.
- It gives protection from rough surfaces.
- The shoes are lovely as it comes with fun prints and lovely colours.
- The shoe is quite expensive.
3. Mishlee Baby Girl Boots – Best for Summer
These are beautiful baby girl boots that come in a variety of colours. These fashionable shoes are designed in a way to protect the little one’s feet while walking.
It allows the development of the feet and made from materials that aid breathability. Another unique thing about this Mishlee baby girl boots is that it is lightweight, making it comfortable for the child to wear.
- Suitable for narrow feet, wide feet, and other feet sizes
- The shoe is very durable, and the baby shoe sole is made from TPR.
- It is suitable for babies between 15 months to 4.5 years.
- The shoe is ideal for all seasons.
- It comes in sizes 14.5 to 16.5 cm.
- The shoe comes with excellent finishing and fits properly.
- It has great quality and design.
- No negative points found.
4. FunFashion Baby Girl Shoes– Best Lightweight Shoes for Baby Girls
This baby shoe for girls is beautiful. It stands out from the lot due to the fashion statement that it is expected to make.
The shoe is expected to bring additional beauty to your child while putting on this lovely shoe. It is beautifully designed to give users perfect fitness.
- It has a PVC sole
- The shoe is designed with a zip closure that aids adjustability.
- It is great for occasions such as weddings, parties, and other social events.
- It is made from skin-friendly materials.
- Designed with little leather materials from outside
- The shoe is light-weighted with just 250 grams weight.
- The shoe is made from very durable yet breathable materials.
- The shoe provides comfort to your child all day long.
- It can be quite a hassle to put it on and take it off.
5. CHIU Unisex-Baby’s Musical Shoe
Chiu’s Unisex baby musical shoes are trendy and stylish shoes for your babies that look extra-ordinarily cute. Even if your child is not walking regularly, it still needs a good shoe during playtime.
If you are looking for something that will protect your baby’s feet and provide some support, then go for Chiu shoes.
- These unisex shoes are suitable for both girls and boys alike.
- These shoes are prepared from cotton material for the outer part and Polyvinyl Chloride sole and toe. These shoes have slip-on closure and medium shoe-width.
- These shoes produce awesome Chu-Chu sounds for pleasing and entertaining the cutie-pies. These shoes are inserted with removable squeakers.
- This pair of shoes comes with LED lights that captivate your kids’ attention and keep them engaged for long.
- This pair of shoes features a comfy sole for comfort and maintains optimal grip for long periods of entertainment-filled wearing.
- These shoes have a soft strap that provides a comfortable fitting and enhanced protection for the baby’s feet.
- As per the age group of babies, these shoes come in various sizes including 13 cm (for 9-12 months baby boy/girl), 13.5 CM (for 12-15 months baby boy/girl), 14 cm (for 15-18 months baby boy/girl), and 14.5 cm (for 18-21 months baby boy/girl).
- These skin-friendly shoes provide enhanced comfort and breathability for ensuring the safety of the baby’s feet.
- These shoes promote healthy heel-to-tow walking.
- You can easily maintain these shoes by cleaning them using a soft and clean cloth. You can wipe the dirt using this cloth and also clean the toe and sides of the sole.
- These shoes have soft inner cotton and a thick sponge that provide good cushioning and feel easy on your baby’s soft skin.
- These shoes are designed for keeping the bones, tendons, and soft muscles of a baby’s feet warm and safe.
- These shoes match with all types of baby’s dressing and they are suitable for various occasions including weddings, parties, ceremonies, etc.
- The lights of the shoes are not of the best quality
6. Passion Petals Baby Girl Shoes – Best Led Shoes
The passion petals baby shoe for girls is a unique shoe that stands out among every other shoe in India.
With the LED light, the baby is always attracted to the shoe and makes them look attractive. The LED starlight shoe is suitable for parties, ceremonies, and other social occasions.
- The shoe is designed with a rubber sole for grip
- The shoe comes with an item weight of 300 g
- It has product dimensions of 12 x 8 x 8 cm
- It is unique because of its multicoloured LED design and silver colour
- The shoe does not come with a slip walk
- Ideal for social outings because of its bright colour
- The design of the shoe is eye-catching
- The shoe is lightweight, making it ideal for daily use
- The shoe size runs bigger than the regular size for some people
7. Mishlee Baby Shoes – Best Fit for Newborn Babies
This is another great shoe for your baby. The Mishlee baby shoes are made from suede. It is designed in a way that it can bend in all directions for an added comfort.
This beautiful design shoe is suitable for the protection of the baby’s feet while crawling and walking. It allows the child’s feet to move, breathe, and develop without any obstruction.
It is a perfect fit for newborns, infants, pre-walkers, and toddlers.
- The Mishlee baby shoes are made of cotton and thus can be worn in all seasons
- It comes in 3 different sizes of 12, 13 and 14 cm
- Suitable for children between the ages of 0 to 18 months
- The shoe weighs only 200 grams and is very lightweight
- It can fit wide feet, narrow fit, and other sizes in-between
- It has a soft sole, and is made from cotton – a breathable material
- The product quality is good and is durable
- The shoes cover baby’s ankles for optimum protection
- No negative points were observed
8. Voberry Baby-Girl’s Shoes – Best Soft First Walker Shoe
This is a lovely flowery shoe for your little princess. It is designed in a way that adds elegance to your baby’s dressing.
This shoe is made from soft materials that keep the delicate baby feet comfortable and breathable
It is also an ideal shoe for occasion and shower gift
- This products upper part of the shoe is made from PU leather
- The shoe is made from soft materials
- It comes with a hook and loop for closure
- An anti-slip design to keep the baby safe and secure
- Ideal for children between the ages of 0 to 18 months
- Comes in 3 sizes of 11, 12, and 13 cm
- It is suitable for outings and parties because of its bright colour
- The shoe package comes with 1 flower hairband as well to make any outfit stunning
- The quality of the flowers on top could be better
9. Love Crochet Baby Woolen Booties – Best Woolen Booties for Girls
The love crochet baby woolen booties are an excellent option to take care of your baby’s delicate feet. It comes with a very soft interior and an excellent stylish exterior.
Art classic crochet woolen booties are designed from gorgeous wool that is easy to care for. It comes with a great outlook that offers both a warm and stylish look.
- It comes with a lace-up closure to get the perfect fit
- It is made from breathable materials
- The shoe is 100 % handmade crochet booties
- It is crocheted out of a gorgeous and warm wool
- An ideal gift for expectant mothers
- The shoes are made from wool to keep the baby’s feet warm
- It is easy to clean
- It has a cute flower design to make the shoes more adorable
- The material quality could be better
10. FemmeStopper Baby Girl Shoes – Best for Active Toddlers
The FemmeStopper baby shoes for your little one are soft and comfortable shoes that have a beautiful design. This shoe helps in keeping the baby’s feet and bones safe and protected.
These beautiful kid shoes are made from durable knitted fabric that is 100 % cotton. This helps in the breathability and growth of the baby’s feet. It is also easy to wear.
- It comes with a slip-on closure for easy use
- Suitable for children between 12 to 18 months
- Ideal for casual wear
- The shoe comes with a cushioning foot-bed inside to keep the baby’s feet warm and soft
- It is ideal for the balancing of the baby while walking
- The shoes can be used in all season
- It is designed in a way that it is easy to wear
- The shoe hook and loop closure keeps it secure all day long
- It is easily washable making it ideal for daily use
- The quality of the shoes could have been better
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it essential to measure my baby’s feet?
Yes, it is vital to measure the baby’s feet before buying or ordering a shoe for her. It is necessary to expertly measure the kid’s feet to ensure that the shoes are comfortable and fit perfectly for proper feet development and posture
2. When should a baby start wearing shoes?
Most babies can start wearing shoes after they start standing. But it is necessary to get a shoe for the child when they start crawling as well.
Getting a lightweight fitted shoe will aid in assisting their walking development.
3. What is the importance of correct fitting shoes?
Correct fitted shoes for kid’s helps in the natural development of the baby’s feet and to help in developing good walking posture
4. How quickly do my child’s feet grow?
It is essential to know that the baby’s feet grow a lot faster.
A child can outgrow two shoe sizes in the first three or five years. Ensure to check the child’s feet regularly to make sure that it fits properly, and that is when the girl’s leg is proliferating.
5. Does a child need insoles?
This is what most parents often ask. Insoles are used to correct issues that come with postures or foot development.
Therefore, insoles should be used only on the recommendation of foot-health experts (Podiatrist).
6. How will I know if my toddler has flat feet?
Flat feet arch are not usually visible for kids as in older kids or adults. At this stage, the soft tissue in this area protects the growing bones.
The posture a child adopts when they take their first step may often give a flat foot appearance, but it often gets corrected when they adopt an adult walking style by the time they begin school.
It is also essential to consult your physician if you are bothered.
7. My child’s feet turn inward, is it normal?
This is usually common for little children as they begin to develop ankle bones.
This leads to the inward rotation of the feet. It usually corrects itself as soon as the baby gets to 7 years. You can also consult your Podiatrist if you are concerned.
8. What sizes do baby shoes come in?
Baby shoes come in different sizes, and it depends on the age of the baby. The shoes come in the following sizes: (Newborn, 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, and 18-24 months).
Getting a high-quality pair of shoes for your baby girl is very important for ensuring your baby’s feet’ sound health. You should ensure that your baby girl maintains a correct walking posture and walks smoothly without any discomfort in her shoes.
An ideal pair of shoes for a baby girl should look not only fashionable and comfortable but also take optimal care of your baby’s delicate feet and skin.
Our comprehensive buyer’s guide and detailed reviews save you all the time and efforts while assisting you in making the effortless and quick purchase of the best shoes for your little princess. To make it a bit simpler, our top picks Skips Baby Non-Slip Booties, Mishlee Baby Girl Boots and Fashion Baby Girl Shoes.