Top 7 Best Baby Bath Toys
Bath time can easily turn into a nightmare for any parent when the child starts crying as soon as water is involved. But you can turn bath time into a fun-filled time for your baby wjhen baby bath toys are included. Babies have a creative imagination and love playing in the water. Providing them with the right toy can benefit both you and your child in many ways.
Bath toys for babies consist of a wide range of products that are meant to fascinate your baby while also distracting them from the anxiousness they might have during the bath. So, if your baby is scared when it comes to a bath these toys are sure to be a valuable savior.
There are many different types of baby bath tub toys available in the market such as duck toys for toddlers that swim, squeaky toys for smaller kids to distract their mind etc. You easily find baby toys online since many platforms now sell them, it also helps you to compare features and price. The following section in this article explains a selected few types of bath toys that are designed especially keeping in mind the safety of your child. We also provide insight related to the advantages of baby bath toys.
If you are a new parent looking for the ideal toy for your baby, read the comprehensive buyer’s guide before finalizing a product. In this article, we will provide you information like types of baby bath toys, How can I make my toddler’s bath time fun? and advantages. We have also provided a list of the top seven baby bath toys with the links to purchase them on Amazon. The last section of the article focuses on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to this topic.
Top 7 Baby Bath Toys
The Safest Baby Bath Toy Set
Best Rubber Ducky Set
Best Marine Animal Toy Set
Best Ball Bath Toy
Best Educational Bath Toy
Best Swimming Doll
Advantages Of Baby Bath Toys
- Distracts the baby: Bath time can be a tough time for a parent if your baby is anxious when it comes to water. Bath Toys help in distracting your baby from the water or shampoo. These colorful toys are designed in various shapes and also include sounds which keep your baby distracted during bath time.
- Makes bathing fun and easy: These toys come in shapes of animals and other colorful designs that not only distract your baby but also ensures a fun-filled bath time. Your baby gets to play with the toys and water while getting fascinated by the fact that they are unsinkable. It also helps in enhancing the creative imagination of your child.
- Educational: Toys are available in the forms of floating alphabets or numbers. While your baby spends his or her time in the tub you can also teach him or she identifies the alphabets or number and also spell out a few words. The colorful toys also enable them to identify the different colors.
- Provides a bonding time: These toys also help you create your own bonding time with your baby by playing along with him or her during baths. You can play, interact and teach new things to your baby as well. This makes bathing a special time for both you and your baby.
Types Of Baby Bath Toys
Squeeze toys are available in the forms of animals like cats, dogs, fishes, octopus, frogs etc. They are made using non-toxic rubber and float in the water. These toys produce a ‘chu-chu’ sound when squeezed and are hence referred to as squeaky toys as well. The sound, shape and colorful design of these toys keep your baby distracted during bath time.
Bath Ball Toys
Ball toys are available in different designs. Certain balls come with plastic toys present inside them that rattle and wobble keeping your kid distracted. They also help in hand and eye coordination while increasing your child’s motor skills. The balls float in the water and prove to add to the fun of your child’s bath time.
Floating Letters and Alphabets
These are letters and alphabets made out of foam making it float-able in the water of the tub. You can teach your child during bath time so that he or she can identify the different alphabets, numbers and also spell out small words. These toys make bath time fun, interactive and educational for your baby.
Rubber duckies are the most popular baby bath toys. These are designed to resemble a yellow duck and are made using non-toxic soft rubber. It produces a squeaky sound when pressed and floats on the water. Your child remains fascinated while playing with this bath toy.
These are boat-shaped toys that are made using non-toxic safe plastic that is of good quality. They are designed to float in the water like any other boat, keeping your kid engaged during a bath. It encourages interactive play and also helps in enhancing hand, eye coordination. Your child can also play with them by pouring and scooping water using the wide decks.
Baby Bath Time Books
Baby Bath Time Books include some of the most fascinating bath time stories to tell your little bundle of joy. They have brightly colored pictures and are completely safe, waterproof and non-toxic. Certain books can also float in the water. You can easily read from the book while giving your baby a bath, keeping him or her well distracted and occupied.
Type- Fun, Interactive and Educational
You can go for a toy that keeps your child occupied during bath time so that he or she does not get anxious. You can go for a squeeze toy that comes in shapes of animals. These toys keep your child distracted with the sound and bright colors. Rubber ducks and balls also are great options that float in the water with your child can play.
You can also go for floating alphabets and numbers if you are looking for a toy that helps your child learn. These floating letters and alphabets will help your child in identifying alphabets, numbers, and colors while also creating words. Always choose a toy that is interactive, fun as well as educational.
These toys help in improving your child’s social, sensory, gross and fine motor skills. It helps in hand and eye coordination as your child is kept fixated with the colors and design of the toys. He or she will always want to touch, see, smell and taste the toys which in turn enhances the senses of listening, hearing, seeing and feeling. They also enhance muscle movement for faster growth and development.
Easy To Grasp
The size of the toy should be small enough to fit into the little hands of your toddler. This ensures an easy grasp so that he or she can play with it comfortably. They should have a textured structure for ensuring a secure grip.
Material and Safety
The toys you purchase should be baby approved. They should be made using soft and non-toxic plastic, rubber or foam. Also, ensure that the toy does not have any sharp edges to prevent any unwanted injuries.
The safety of your child is always of prime importance and the material plays an important factor. The baby bath toys should even be big and safe enough for your child to place it in his or her mouth. Ensure that the toys are BPA, Phthalates, and PVC free. We explain more about these terms:
- BPA: BPA stands for bisphenol A which is an industrial chemical found in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins that are used to make containers storing food and beverages. BPA usually imitates the hormones of the body so that it interferes with the transport, action, production and elimination of the natural hormones. It can affect the brain and behavior of young children and infants. Thus, it is important that the material is BPA free.
- Phthalates: These are family of industrial chemicals used to soften plastics. The material of the toys should be devoid of this chemical as they can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive system of your child.
- PVC: It stands for Polyvinyl Chloride which is a toxic plastic that is unsafe for your child and the environment. Hence, products made using this plastic should be avoided.
Go for toys that are brightly colored so that it attracts the attention of your toddler. The colors also help in identification. Colorful toys also act as a medium of learning for your bundle of joy.
Minimum Age Requirement
Certain toys might not be ideal for the age of your child. Most bath toys are suitable for children of 4 month or more. However, it is always necessary to check the minimum age requirement of the toy to ensure complete safety of your toddler.
Go for toys that come with sensors that notify you when the water is too hot for your baby. It changes color or denotes that it is hot. The temperature of the water should neither be too hot nor cold. It should match the body temperature of your baby. Thus, having this feature in the baby bath toy ensures that the temperature of the baby is safe for your child.
Gross Motor Skills
Gross motor skills include the movements related to the large muscles such as the legs and arms of your child. The toy you buy should gain the attention of your child so that he or she plays with it by picking it up constantly. These toys help in enhancing the muscles of your child so that he or she can learn to crawl, walk faster.
Fine Motor Skills
The Toys should also be able to enhance the use of your child’s fingers, wrists, hands or toes. This also helps in creating synchronization between hands and eyes which in turn aids in the growth of intelligence of your child. The toy should be able to occupy your child in playing by moving it around.
How can I make my toddler’s bath time fun?
- Introduce bathtub dolls so that babies can play with it. It gives your child a new companion to play with, and they can even practice washing the toys while taking a bath.
- It would be good if you are buying some toys such as boats and hosting races with that. Place the toys at one end of the tub and wave them to the other end.
- Wash your kids with a well-designed washcloth — none of the babies like themselves to be washed using a plain cloth.
- Fill the tub with bubbles. Kids love to surround themselves with bubbles all around.
- Add some water balloons by filling them with colored water.
1. Ramakada Chu Chu Bath Toys for Baby – Our Choice
The Ramakada Chu-Chu bath toy is our number one choice when it comes to buying a baby bath toy. The 12 pieces set consists of squeeze toys that are designed to resemble the shapes of certain animals. The colorful design and sound will distract your baby during baths while also ensuring a fun-filled interactive and educational time. These toys are made using non-toxic soft plastic which is absolutely safe for your little bundle of joy.
- It is a 12 piece set of baby bath toys.
- Comes in shapes of colorful animals.
- Size: about 3-5 cm approx.
- Made using soft non-toxic plastic material.
- Have a light-weight and compact design.
- Produce a ‘chu-chu’ sound when squeezed.
- The bright colors and sound distract your baby during bath time.
- Makes bath time a fun-filled time for your baby.
- Helps your baby in identifying shapes and types of animals.
- The toys are easy for your baby to grasp.
- They are safe to use.
- As per a user, the quality of the product was not up to the mark.
2. Womdee Spray Water Baby Bath Toy
Sometimes your kids may find the bath time annoying. When they can sit by themselves, you should buy bathtub toys for them to make the time more entertaining and playful. Womdee Spray Water Baby Bath Toy comes with a spraying system and plays music while floating on the tub. Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- The cute cartoon design adds fun time to your child’s bath time and makes them playful.
- These toys can play music inside the tub and spray water and also flashlights of different colors.
- These toys are very light and are made up of ABS electronic components which make durable and will not change color and become rough.
- The round edge design of this toy prevents your child’s skin from getting cut or harmed. It stimulates the cognition of the new world.
- It is an excellent gift for your babies. You can make them use it in the bathtub as well as swimming pools.
- It rotates and floats on the water and sprinkles water on the baby, giving them exciting playtime and entertainment.
- It is a top-quality product.
- It is capable of attaining your child’s attention and make them stop their cries while taking showers.
- When placed on water, it automatically absorbs water without the use of any switch.
No such cons were observed
3. Magnifico® Toddler Baby Squeeze Bath Toys – The Safest Baby Bath Toy Set
The Magnifico Toddler Baby bath Toys come in a set including 15 brightly colored animal shaped toys that provide a fun, interactive and educational bath session for your child. This is one of the safest product as it is made using rubber that is both non-toxic and BPA free. Thus, it is safe even if your child puts any of the toys inside his or her mouth. Moreover, it has no sharp edges preventing any risk of injury.
- Consists of a set of 15 squeeze animal shaped bath toys for your baby.
- Listed animals include Duck, Bear, Fish-2, Chick, Cat, Pig, Turtle, Penguin, Rooster, Dog, Frog, Elephant, Rabbit, and Octopus.
- Made using non-toxic and BPA free rubber.
- Produce a ‘chu-chu’ sound when squeezed.
- Safe to play for children over four months.
- They are safe for your child as they have no sharp edges and are made from non-toxic material.
- They come in a size that fits into the little hands of your child perfectly.
- The bright colors and sound distract your baby during bath time.
- Provides a fun, educational bath time.
- The size of the toys is too small.
4. My Angel Rubber Duckies Bath Toys – Best Rubber Ducky Set
Rubber duckies are one of the most popular baby bath toys. The My Angel Rubber Duckies are the ideal choice if you are looking for a rubber duck toy for your toddler. It comes in a set including a big duck and three baby ducks that float in the water. The cute toy also produces a squeeky sound when squeezed hence ensuring a fun filled time.
- It is a set of 4 rubber duckies.
- Comes with one big duck and three baby ducks.
- Made using safe rubber.
- It produces a squeaky sound when squeezed.
- It is perfectly sized for little hands to grasp and squeeze.
- The sound and design distract your baby.
- They have a cute design.
- The duck size is too small.
- Users have complained about the quality of the product.
5. Toywale animal bath Soft Floating Squeaky Bath Toys – Best Marine Animal Toy Set
This is a set of 12 squeaky rubber marine animal toys that are brightly colored. They ensure a fun-filled bath time for your kid along with helping them in identifying the types of marine animals. They come at a reasonable price and are able to distract your child when anxious during a bath. These toys are completely safe to use for children over the age of four months.
- It is a set of 12 rubber squeaky animal shape toys.
- Made using non-toxic rubber.
- Includes marine animals like octopus, squid, fish, starfish, dolphin etc.
- They are suitable for children over 4 months.
- Produce a ‘chu-chu’ sound when squeezed.
- Safe for your child to play with.
- They come in a size that fits into the hands of your child perfectly.
- Ensures a fun bath time.
- Helps your child identify different colors and marine animals.
- The quality could be better.
6. Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles – Best Ball Bath Toy
These are ball bath toys that come in the form of two bubbles that are made using good quality safe plastic. They have textured colorful rings around them that help them float in the water. The bubbles come with a weighted penguin and turtle that rattles, shines and wobbles inside while remaining. This fascinates your child and also improves his or her motor skills along with hand and eye co-ordination.
- Comes in a set of two bubbles like balls.
- One of the bubbles comes with a cute weighted penguin that bobbles and a colorful spinner.
- The other bubble has a weighted turtle with a shiny shell that picks up light and rattles with colorful beads and textured bar.
- Ideal for children of 4 months and above.
- Penguin and turtle animal characters rattle and roll and are weighed to stay upright.
- The bubble float in the water.
- Helps baby develop motor skills and teaches hand-eye coordination.
- They are sized for little hands to grasp easily.
- Easy to dry.
- Colorful rings move freely around the bubbles giving lots of textures and movement for your little one to explore.
- The White Hot Safety Disc reveals the word “HOT” when bath water is too hot for baby.
- No such cons were mentioned.
7. Munchkin Bath Letters & Numbers – Best Educational Bath Toy
The Munchkin Bath Letters and Numbers are the ideal educational bath toys. They come in a set of 26 alphabets and 10 numbers that help your child learn to identify alphabets, numbers and colors. The foam letters stick to the wall easily when wet allowing your child to form new words. This is a great product that keeps your child occupied while he or she takes the first step towards learning.
- Floating bath toys including 26 letters (A-Z) and 10 numbers (0-9).
- Min age: 36 plus months
- Made using soft, durable non-toxic foam.
- The letters and numbers stick on the wall just by dipping into the water.
- The set comes in six fun colors.
- Dries easily by keeping in sunlight.
- Safe for the baby to hold and use.
- Helps your child identify the alphabet, learn to count, spell simple words or group by color.
- Keeps your child occupied while learning.
- No such cons were mentioned.
8. Childplaymate Electronic Mermaid Kids Fish Tail Toys – Best Swimming Doll
The Child Playmate Electronic Mermaid Doll requires two button batteries to operate. It has a water-proof and tail design with motor power that enables it to swim freely in the water while your kid is taking a bath. The doll is absolutely safe to use and keeps your child occupied while enjoying fun-filled bath time.
- It is a mermaid doll that swims in the water.
- Requires two button batteries to operate.
- Made using plastic/ plastic cement.
- Comes with exquisite facial make-up with bright color helps to identify colors.
- Has a water proof design.
- Available color options: Red, green, blue.
- Minimum age requirement: 2 months.
- It has a smooth design with no sharp edges making it safe for your child.
- The tail design and motor power allow it to swim freely in the water.
- Ensures a fun filled bath time.
- A user mentioned, that the size was a bit small.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I introduce bath toys?
When your baby can sit up himself, usually between 6-8 months, the bath time becomes more of a playtime and exploration time. That is the best time when you should introduce bath toys.
2. Do babies need bath toys?
Babies usually infants do not require bath toys as bathing itself is an exciting thing. Once your baby reaches 6-8 months of age, it is the best time to introduce the bath toys, and it becomes a crucial thing while taking a bath.
3. Why should you go for a squeaky bath toy?
A squeaky baby bath toy comes with a sound when squeezed. The sound itself grabs the attention of your child and keeps him or her distracted. This is very helpful if your child gets anxious during baths.
4. What should the toys be made of?
The toys have to be safe for the use of toddlers. Most of the toys are made using non-toxic and BPA free plastic, rubber and foam. The toys should be soft and free from sharp edges so that they do not hurt your child in any way.
5. What is the minimum age requirement of baby bath toys?
Most baby bath toys come with the minimum age requirement of 4 months. However, certain toys are designed to suit even babies of 2 months. So, it is important to check the minimum age requirement to ensure the safety of your child.
6. Do I require a Baby Bath tub for Baby?
You don’t necessary need a baby bath tub for your baby unless he or she is capable of sitting on his/her own. For a baby, you can simply give him or her a sponge bath by keeping warm water in a bowl and wash cloths near you. You can sit on the floor with your baby on your lap and sponge him or her down.
7. What is the right temperature of water for a baby bath?
The water should be around the body temperature of your baby, i.e. not more than 37-38 degree C. It should feel neither hot nor cold. You can easily check the temperature using your elbow.
Baby Bath Toys are the best gift for your toddler. These products enable your child to have a fun time playing even during a bath. It diverts the mind while also helping him or she learn. They also allow you to interact with your bundle of joy.
We now come to the end of this article. The article provides a comprehensive buyer’s guide that lists the important factors you should consider before purchasing bath toys for your baby. This is followed by reviews of the top seven baby bath toys.
The number one choice is the Ramakada Chu Chu Bath Toys that comes with 12 pieces of squeaky rubber animal toys. You can also go for the Munchkin Bath Letters & Numbers as it ensures both fun and education. We hope this article helps you find the right baby bath toy for your child to play with during a bath