10 Best Baby High Chairs
Feeding your kid can be a tedious task! It is exhausting, running around your child for feeding. Here is the perfect solution a ‘baby high chair’ makes your task simpler. A high chair can reduce your task most conveniently. With a high chair, you can make your baby sit in a place and feed them.
Also, by feeding them using a high chair, you can avoid the mess created by spillover food. The available high chairs are capable of doing a lot more things apart from easy feeding procedures. You can use your high chairs for social events or parties at home to enjoy. Also, you can use the high chairs to secure them in one place and move from one room to another.
You can attach the chair to a dining table. A hook-on high chair can easily be attached to the dining table, and your baby will be in mid-air. These kinds of high chairs are ideal when we go to the restaurant, and your baby will also be part of the enjoyment.
In this article, we have seen different types of high chairs, what is the need for a high chair for baby, when can the baby start using it, the benefits of the high chair and safety tips while using a high chair. We have also mentioned our 11 best high chairs, a buying guide, and FAQ. Make your choice wisely by reading the complete article.
10 Best Baby High Chairs
Easy To Clean
Safest Convertible High Chair
Comfortable Height Adjustment
High carrying capacity
Traditional High Chair
Benefits Of High Chairs
- Once you start your baby with solids, he will be in playing mode and will be running all over the house, and it will be a difficult task for you to feed them. So, high chairs make your baby be in one place till he finishes off his meals or eatables
- Easy to clean
- Few high chairs come with seat adjustment. So, they can get relaxed after their meal by sitting in the reclined position
- Also, some highchairs can be attached to the dining table, and your baby never misses the mealtime with the family
- Travel-Friendly high chairs are also available in the market so you can avoid an unnecessary mess while traveling
- Now, we have high chairs that can also function as a study table and high chairs. These kinds of high chairs grow with your baby. You can use the table for playing purpose
Safety Tips For Using High Chairs
If you are placing your baby in high chairs, always follow a few simple tips
- Never leave your child unattended when putting in the high chair
- Never allow other children to climb the high chair when your baby is in it
- Your child will be playing even when they are in high chairs. So, ensure that the high chair does not fall
- Every time you set up the chair after folding it ensure that it is locked perfectly
- Do not allow your child to stand in the high chair
- Always strap your child whenever he/she is sitting in the high chair. This provides your child from falling or slipping
- Regularly, keep checking the high chair to ensure that there is no damage anywhere
- Also, ensure that the high chair is far from tables because kids have the habit of pushing the chair using legs
- If your chair has wheels ensure that they are locked when the baby is sitting.
When Can Baby Start Using High Chairs?
A new parent will be eager to use the high chair, but remember that your baby must have attained a proper age to use it. Usually, the baby can not start sitting soon after their birth. It takes time from birth to a few months to develop properly. Typically, a 5 to 6 months old can sit on the high chair.
Any baby who can sit comfortably on his own can start using the high chair. Also, by this time, you will begin feeding them porridge or boiled vegetables or solid foods that are easily digestible.
What Is The Need For a High Chair?
Many people are obsessed with the high chair. Some think investing in a high chair is a mere waste of money and time. But I feel it is not. Now, a wide range of high chairs is available along with stand-alone and traditional types. Each has different features to make the baby and parent comfortable with the usage.
Yes, I do agree that high chairs play a significant role while feeding your baby. Once you have introduced solids to your baby, they tend to eat on their own, which creates a mess. Instead, a high chair does your work more efficiently. You can use the high chair while eating, so the spillover food will be at a place.
We have great features or functions for high chairs. High chairs are safer to use with the provided adjustable straps, wheel locks, seat adjustment, and flexible and attachable-detachable feeding trays. Once you make your babysit, you can secure them with either 5 point harness or 3 point harness.
Another common point we are worried about is the space of the high chair. Yes, high chairs occupy space, yet many high chairs come with foldable options, so they occupy very little storage. Even a few high chairs can be folded in a short position and can be placed in a bag.
Another exciting feature is an attachable-detachable tray with this feature; you can clean or wash the tray without any discomfort. Once dried can be placed back to the normal position. Few feeding trays are also dishwasher safe so that you can put them in the dishwasher for cleaning purposes. At the top of all, you must not leave your baby alone or unattended while they are in high chairs.
Types of High Chairs
There are different categories of high chairs, and the high chair aims to provide security to your baby. Also, the type of high chair you prefer depends on your requirements.
Traditional high chairs are also known as standard feeding chairs. Furthermore, conventional high chairs are comfortable, significant, and do not have any special features. They can be made of wood, plastic, metal. Moreover, few traditional high chairs cannot be folded up and will be stable in one position.
The design of the traditional high chair is not changed much and is the same as the old styles.
New high chairs can also be known as a multi-functional high chair. The chair can be adjusted according to your baby comfort. In these types of chairs, the seat can also be adjusted in recline positions.
Also, the footrest and height of the chair can be adjusted. Moreover, modern high chairs can be easily folded and adjusted, but they are challenging to assemble and are expensive than basic models.
Are you blessed with twin children? You will be buying each and everything double. Here, high chairs are also available for twins as per their requirements. They are designed innovatively, and they are space-consuming chairs.
Usually, a convertible high chair is clubbed into a high chair with three or more pieces. A convertible high chair can easily be converted into a high chair, chair with a sturdy table, chair with a feeding tray, or simply chair.
It is better to invest in this kind of high chair as it grows along with your baby and can be used for a longer duration of time. The high chairs are suitable for multipurpose usage, but they can not be folded and occupies more space.
Booster chairs are also known as space saver high chair. They can fit on any regular chair. Also, they do not occupy much space like a traditional high chair. They take time to assemble on regular chairs.
As it occupies small space to store when compared to regular high chairs, they are known as space saver high chairs. Space saver high chairs are an ideal small home.
Fabric high chairs are best and easy to use while traveling. Also, they can be washed in the washing machine. Fabric high chairs can quickly put on to the regular dining chair and make your babysit in the compartment provided along with the material.
Feed your baby once they are comfortable. However, these kinds of high chairs do not come with feeding trays. Moreover, height adjustments cannot be made.
Travel-Friendly high chairs are specially designed for an outdoor purpose. The design of the high chair is kept simple. The quality of the chair is well maintained. The fabric used may be a good canvas that will allow your baby to sit comfortably.
The travel chairs come with three-point harness or five-point harness for safety purposes. Additionally, it has a foldable food tray made up of hard plastic sheet,s which is with good standard. Moreover, the high chair can be folded into a narrow cylinder or carry case to carry it easily.
The high travel chairs come with a broader base and sturdy legs. However, you can not expect great features like an adjustable tray or detachable tray or height adjustment or recline positioning. Also, these chairs are weather resistant.
Stand-alone booster chair
Stand-alone booster chair can be attached to the high chair. To convert a booster chair into the high chair. This kind of chairs do not have legs; hence, they need a regular chair to make it as the high chair. Also, these chairs can be called space saver chairs.
Single legged high chairs
Usually, when we think about a high chair, it is a four-legged chair. Here, we have a single leg high chair; they are more innovatively designed and have useful features.
Single legged high chairs can be adjusted in a different position. It looks like a modern chair, but it is not a modern high chair. Moreover, it occupies an ample space in the room.
Hook-on High chairs
Hook-on high chairs are also known as table chairs. These chairs do not have a tray, unlike your traditional high chair. Here, the table itself be used for feeding. The hook-on high chairs must be attached to the tabletop of the dining table. However, these kinds of high chairs should not be attributed to glass dining tables.
Also, hook-on high chairs are attached to the table, and your baby will be in mid-air. They are easy to store and portable too. The fabric will be durable enough to carry the baby. Also, it can be used in restaurants.
What To Look While Buying High Chairs?
Every high chair does not work well for every age group of the baby. A high chair comes with the specified period to use it. Ensure that the high chair you selected must get adjusted to your baby as they must feel comfortable to use it. High chair for infants does not work for a baby whose age is two plus unless your high chair grows along with your baby.
Every high chair is not certified. We also have high chairs that are not certified. Ensure that your high chair is certified as per the standards. A certified high chair is safer to use and also secured as per the standards. Every high chair is tested before made available in the market.
A high chair must either come with 5 point harness or 3 point harness. Your baby must be secured with straps not to allow them to stand or play. The more secure will be safest to use. Ensure that the high chair comes with security.
Cleaning is one challenging task once your baby finishes his meals. Ensure that the feeding tray is attachable-detachable for easy cleaning. Also, the tray should not leave any stains of food, which is considered unclean. Few trays are coming with dishwasher safe such kind of trays are more comfortable to use and clean.
Apart from the trays, the cushion part of the seating part must be cleaned regularly to keep the high chair hygienic. Ensure that the cushion can be removed easily, washed either with hand or machine, efficiently removing all the stains.
As we have seen different types of high chairs, we came to know that plenty of high chairs are available with various elements in it. Each has its beauty feature to make a more innovative way. Ensure that your high chair meets your purpose of buying. Also, make sure that too many functions do not reduce the quality of the high chair.
If you are buying a high chair, you need it for a long time. You are not supposed to use them for three months and throw them due to a bad product.
Hence, choose a high chair that can work in a proper condition even after your baby does not require a high chair. If you are planning two or more kids, a high chair that grows along with your baby will be an ideal one.
Easy to use
It is considered the critical point to be considered while buying a high chair as you need a chair that can be used easily without any complications.
The straps must be adequately locked; your baby must not feel comfortable to remove the lock. Also, the adjustable tray, height-adjustable seats must be easy to use.
Both caretaker and the baby must feel convenient to use a high chair. Your baby must not get irritated by using the high chair. Otherwise, your baby must not get any scratches with the straps provided to secure them. Ensure that the baby sits in the high chair happily and enjoy it thoroughly.
Ensure that the high chair does not occupy much space when it is not in use unless you have a large room for storing it when not in use, it will be difficult if the high chair cannot be folded in a compact position.
Choose a high chair that can be easily folded and occupy less space when folded. Also, ensure that too many folding cannot damage the high chair.
The seating capacity of the high chair should be good enough as your baby must feel comfortable to sit. It should not be less or more. The baby must sit perfectly on the seat and feel comfortable.
A footrest will be an added feature for the high chair. Your baby will feel more relaxed after he places the feet on it. Once he is done with his feeding, your baby can have a 15 minutes nap by relaxing the feet and adjusting in the recline position. Also, your baby will not try to do mischievous acts by simply moving back and forth against the dining table.
A high chair must be in a place once the baby sits over. It should not move or flip over or cause any injury to the baby.
So, for a high chair to be stable, the legs or stand must be of high quality and good weight-resistant. Hence, look for a high chair whose manufacturing standards are excellent and certified.
High chairs with wheels are easy to use as we can quickly move the chair from one place to place without lifting it. Ensure that the wheels of the high chairs have a locking feature.
So, once your baby is in a high chair, and you do not want to move the chair, lock the wheels, and the chair is stable.
We have seen different types of high chairs available in the market. Choose your high chair as per your requirement. Booster chairs are considered as space saver chairs.
While a convertible high chair has multi-functions, and they grow with your baby. The traditional high chair works as a high chair and does not have any other functions to do.
11 Best High Chairs for Babies
1. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 High Chair – Our Choice
Fisher-Price is a well-known brand when it comes to baby products. They offer many products along with many varieties, which is why parents opt for it. One such product from them is 4-in-1 High chair.
- The 4-in-1 high chair can be converted into a baby high chair, feeding chair, toddler booster seat, and learning table.
- Soft Seating making it comfortable for babies to sit on them
- Saves space has it can be dismantled easily and kept in storage whenever not in need.
- Can use this chair even when the child turns toddler as a learning table, making it worth the money
- Color and design both appealing to kids making it their favorite.
- Parts can be separated, making it a great portable option.
- No size adjustment option.
2. Graco 1964122 High Chair – Easy To Clean
Graco brand offers many baby-related products such as a crib, swing, car seat, etc. On such a product, they provide a high chair. Their products are very stable and durable, along with great design, so it fits right in with your house interiors.
- The 2-in-1 chair includes high chair and a booster seat
- Lets you adjust the size according to your dinner table size
- Allows machine wash
- Easy removal of food tray
- It is ready to use high chair it means the high chair can be used straight away from the box and do not require assembling
- It has built-in leg storage, which is helpful while using booster mode.
- Soft seating area providing comfort to the baby
- Elegant color and design
- Has a safety belt for the kid
- No negative points were observed so far
3. R for Rabbit Cherry Berry Grand – Safest Convertible High Chair
The R for Rabbit Cherry Berry Grand High chair can be used for a long time as your little one grows since it is suitable for children up to the age of 7 years. This is a convertible chair that can be easily converted into a booster chair, short chair, and a table and chair. It is certified to be the safest chair for your little one. The chair also features a backrest design to train your child for good dining habits
- Suitable age: 6 months to 7 years.
- Suitable weight: 0-20 kg.
- The convertible 4 in 1 high chair can be converted into a table and chair, short chair and booster chair.
- It features a removable child tray that can be removed easily for using the high chair with a table or to use as a study table.
- Comes with a 5 point safety harness to secure your child.
- Has an arc and optimal backrest design.
- The fabric of this chair is washable.
- The non-slip and anti-tapping design of this chair ensures stability.
- It is certified by the most stringent Safety certification of European Nation EN 14988, making it safe to use.
- The backrest design enables your child to sit comfortably in a suitable posture angle.
- The arc design without an acute angle removes sharp edges from the chair so that your little one does not get hurt or scratched.
- The quality of the chair could be better.
4. LuvLap 4 in 1 Booster High Chair – Booster
LuvLap enriches the parenthood experience. Their products are tested and certified. Their products include strollers, high chairs, walkers, baby carriers, tricycles, and many more. Moreover, their products undergo many quality checks.
The high chair is designed ergonomically to ensure comfort for the baby. Also, it has an attractive color and straps to secure your baby from slipping. Moreover, it is provided with an attachable, detachable food tray for having comfort meals.
- The LuvLap high chair can be used as a booster seat on the chair as well as the booster seat on the floor, low chair
- To keep the baby secure and comfortable the high chair has 5 point safety harness
- The high chair comes with sturdy metal legs that can be removed
- The high chair comes with three positions attachable and detachable tray, which are easy to clean.
- Straps have good durable quality
- Easy to use and carry
- The high chair has a foldable backrest to store the things
- The product is well finished.
- Size of the high chair looks smaller for a few outgrown babies.
- Difficult to clean the seat of the high chair.
- Need manual to assemble the high chair.
5. Baybee LittleHug Baby High Chair – Comfortable Height Adjustment
Baybee products are trusted products and designed innovatively. Their products include cradles, cars, high chairs. Moreover, their products are comfortable to use.
Baybee little hug high chair can be adjusted in six positions. Also, it can be adjusted in three recline positions. Additionally, the high chair comes with a footrest for the safety and comfort of the baby. Also, the high chair can be folded for secure storage.
- The product is EN71 certified
- The leg support can be adjusted to make your child relaxed
- High chair frame can be adjusted to different heights to fit varying heights of table
- Feeding tray can be removed and cleaned. Even the tray can be sterilized
- Moreover, the high chair can be adjusted to different heights as your baby keeps growing. Also, it can be matched to the height of the dining table
- The high chair comes with 5 point harness to safeguard your baby securely
- Additionally, the high chair has wheels for smooth movement of the high chair.
- It can be reclined in three positions
- The high chair can be assembled easily
- It can be folded and is easy to store
- It is an excellent sturdy premium quality high chair
- The cushion cover can be washed and cleaned easily.
- Anti-skid caps can be improved.
- The cushion of the chair is thin.
6. LuvLap 3 in 1 Convertible Baby High Chair – Convertible
LuvLap has a wide range of products like strollers, rocker, car seat, carrier, walker, high chairs, and much more. Also, their products are European standard certified.
The LuvLap convertible high chair is available in three different colors. Also, it has standard product quality with 5 point safety harness. Moreover, the high chair is easy to clean.
- The product is safe to use for children as it certified as per European standards
- The LuvLap high chair has 3 in one function – you can use it as a high chair, chair and sturdy table, high chair with a feeding tray
- Also, the high chair comes with a five-point harness
- Ensuring babies comfort the backrest is designed with comfort
- The feeding tray can be removed when not in use also comes with a transparent cover to clean easily
- The cushion of the seat can be cleaned and is washable.
- The high chair comes with an innovative design both the chair and table can be used
- The high chair comes with extra grip for legs for additional safety
- Table quality and chair quality is good.
- The high chair is not suitable for babies who are outgrown
- Design of the straps can be improved
7. Little pumpkin Kiddie Kingdom 3 in 1 Foldable High Chair – Compact
Little Pumpkin products are designed innovatively to enhance the parenting experience. Also, their products are well trusted and have good ratings. Their products include a potty seat, car seat, stroller, pram, high chairs, and much more.
Little pumpkin kiddie kingdom high chair can be converted in a booster chair, low chair, high chair. The high chair comes with anti-skid rubber caps for legs — also, three positions adjustable tray. Moreover, the chair is easy to clean.
- The high chair can be converted easily in three different positions short chair, high chair, booster chair
- A bag is provided along with a high chair. The high chair can be folded completely and carried in it or store in it once you stop using the high chair
- Also, the high chair has a footrest to make sure your baby is relaxed using it
- The backrest of the chair is comfortable, and the high chair comes with 3 point harness
- The fabric used in the high chair can be washed and dried to maintain hygiene.
- Legs of the high chair are sturdy and come with a rubber stopper to ensure that the chair does not slip over
- The chair can be folded and put in a bag
- The chair grows with the baby
- Convenient to convert in different positions.
- Seat space is less; it can be improved.
8. Zest 4 Toyz 3 in 1 Wooden Baby High Chair – High carrying capacity
Zest 4 Toyz is more famous for innovative toys. The quality of the toys is well maintained. Also, their products include high chairs, remoter cars, kitchen sets, skater scooters, rockers, walkie-talkies, and much more.
Zest 4 Toyz high chair is made of pinewood and has three function usage. Also, they are easy to use and clean. Also, the high chair comes with a two-point harness.
- The high chair is made of New Zealand pine wood and is sturdy
- The high chair comes with a soft cushion for ease of the baby and makes them feel comfortable
- The high chair can be used in three ways; it can be used as a simple high chair, sturdy table, and chair, chair with a feeding tray
- Moreover, the high chair comes with a two-point safety harness.
- Assembling of the high chair is smooth and do not need any manuals
- Also, the feeding tray can be attached or detached for easy cleaning
- The food tray comes with a bottle holder
- Quality of the product is good.
- It can’t be folded.
9. Sunbaby Tall Buddy High Chair – Portable
Parents trust Sunbaby products. The design of the products is made innovatively. Also, their products are categorized based on the age of your kid. Moreover, their products are categorized into outdoor products, bath time, indoor, mother essentials, potty trainers.
Sunbaby Giraffe high chair is available in blue color with giraffe print all over the fabric. The high chair has an excellent base to prevent slipping. Also, it comes with a five-point harness, and the high chair is easy to clean and use.
- Sunbaby Giraffer high chair can be easily folded when not in use, and it occupies less space
- Also, the high chair comes with a dual feeding tray for easy feeding and cleaning. It can also be adjusted in three positions
- The high chair is created more securely with 5 point harness
- It comes with a footrest to make your baby comfortable
- It comes with an anti-skid broad base to keep it more secure from slipping.
- The high chair is easy to clean and easy to use
- Also, it is available in two colors
- The high chair can be locked while using it.
- The product is ideal for one plus year kids.
10. Haneez® Baby High Chair – Traditional High Chair
This high chair is a product of Haneez enterprise private limited. It is a Pune based company. They have good user ratings, and products are of good quality.
Haneez baby high chair is considered as a traditional high chair which is made from sturdy wooden material. Securing your baby, the high chair comes with a two-point harness.
- The product is made from wooden material and is not broken easily
- Moreover, the high chair can be folded when not in use
- Usually, it is better for one plus year kid
- a sizeable double tray can be used to place baby essentials bottle, sipper, napkin, bowl, etc
- The high chair comes with 3 point harness for the safety of your child
- Also, your baby can rest their feet on the footrest
- The tray cannot be detached.
- The quality of the high chair is good, reliable and sturdy
- It is not easily breakable so that it can resist for a long time
- Also, you do not require any assembling, and it can be carried easily
- It can be folded easily to save storage capacity.
- It does not have any additional functions. It can be used as a simple high chair.
- Quality of the straps can be improved more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What age can you put a baby in a high chair?
A baby can be put in a high chair when he or she can sit upon his or her own, which usually happens between the ages of 4-6 months. So, it is better to put your baby in a high chair when he or she is six months.
2. Why do kids need high chairs?
Kids need high chairs as they provide your child with a comfortable place to sit and eat. They are also designed to train your kid with good dining habits by sitting in a relaxed posture angle. The raised height of high chairs enables you to spoon-feed your little one comfortably in a standing position.
3. How long do babies use a high chair?
Babies can use high chairs from 6 months to 7 years of age.
4. Can a four-month-old babysit in a high chair?
A four-month-old baby can sit on a high chair if he or she is capable of sitting upon his or her own. It is better to make your child sit on the high chair at the age of 6 months as it is at this age that your child learns to sit up completely.
5. How can I help my babysit unaided?
You can help your child sit unaided by providing tummy time as it strengthens the neck and back muscles. You can also surround your child with pillows and place a babysitting pillow for support. A high chair usually comes with a safety harness to help your baby sit securely.
If you have come to the end of the article and still reading it, then you are looking forward to buying a high chair. Hope all your confusion regarding the buying of high chairs is eliminated. Here, we have seen a different kind of high chairs and functions. Also, why the high chair is needed, benefits of a high chair, and buying guide to make your task simpler and 10 top picks of high chairs.
If you are looking for a multi-function high chair, then LuvLap convertible high chair is best. Looking for a traditional high chair, the Haneez high chair is the ideal one. Want to buy any high chair, click on the link directly.