Best Baby Feeding Bottles
Whether you are using a bottle or nursing, feeding the baby in the crook of your arm is one of the most special moments for every parent. This strengthens the bond between the parents and their children.
Of course, if your baby is taking all or some of their meal from a bottle, you must make sure to select the right bottle brand. Though all brands claim to be safe, there are certain factors to look for.
The best feeding bottle for your baby is one that stands out from the rest. Such a bottle will have a stellar design and all user-friendliness.
That bottle is one that your kid can hold in their tiny hands with ease and feed comfortably. Nowadays, baby bottles come in many different materials like stainless steel, glass baby feeding bottles, etc.
If looking for a bottle that will prevent colic or one that eliminates nipple confusion or one that mimics the mother’s teats, you are on the right platform. There are so many advantages of using a baby feeding bottle.
To know more, continue reading. We have also provided you with FAQ’s to clear your doubts.
In this review, we will help you to select the 10 best baby bottles for your baby and with a lot of ease. You won’t have to go looking anywhere else. Here are the types of baby feeding bottles and a Comprehensive buyers guide.
11 Best Baby Feeding Bottles in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Dual Anti-Colic System
Best bottle for colic
Best chemical free feature
Best bottle for nipple confusion
Best for quantity measurement feature
Advantages of Using Baby Feeding Bottles
Baby feeding bottles have a lot of benefits both to the baby and the mother. Some of the benefits include;
Creates a bonding moment
Anyone can feed the baby using a feeding bottle, something that creates a moment of bonding between the baby and the one feeding them. The baby gets to know their Dad brother or sister, and relatives as well.
Check out the best feeding pillows as they come very handy while feeding a baby.
In situations where it’s only the mother who feeds the baby, mainly through breastfeeding, the baby gets to know her more and mostly cries when another person is left to take care of them.
Using a feeding bottle gives the baby the chance to bond with every family member.
Effective for public use
A lot of women find it embarrassing to breastfeed in public. A feeding bottle makes it easier for you to feed your child comfortably and without the worry that someone is staring at your breasts.
With the bottle, you also do not have to go to a private area to feed your baby.
Enables one to know how much the baby is having
When using a bottle to feed a baby, you’ll know the exact amount the kid is taking or has taken at a particular time, something you can never tell when breastfeeding.
Some bottles even come with a measuring scale that will enable you to measure the appropriate amount of milk, juice, or baby milk formula that your baby is taking.
When leaving your baby under the care of a friend or a nanny because you want to rush to the market, for example, you’ll leave them with the amount that satisfies your kid to the fullest.
Makes it possible for the mother not to alter her diet
When breastfeeding, there are certain foods and drinks that a mother shouldn’t take. A feeding bottle makes everything easy since you do not have to worry about that anymore.
You can drink and eat anything that you want as it won’t have any effect on your baby.
No worries even when the mother gets ill
When a breastfeeding mother gets sick, the baby suffers a lot. The reason for this is because the mother might be too weak to breastfeed or under medication that prevents or prohibits her from breastfeeding the baby for health reasons.
A feeding bottle always comes in handy in such a situation. Babies who use feeding bottles will remain well-fed even under such circumstances.
Becomes easier to regulate a routine
When using a feeding bottle, it’ll be easier for you to notice the pattern that your kid follows. What this means is that you’ll be able to know the routine that your baby uses and thus know when they are hungry or fussing because they want to sleep or something else.
Reading books to your baby can be very effective while feeding.
Regulating a routine makes it easier even for the nanny as she will know exactly when to feed the baby. With a routine, you’ll always be sure that your kid isn’t hungry.
Enables you to choose what to feed the baby
When breastfeeding, your kid feeds on breast milk only. Using a feeding bottle will allow you to feed your kid with different formulas that contain extra ingredients.
A bottle will give your baby a chance to enjoy a healthy diet.
Doesn’t interfere with the mother’s social life
When using a feeding bottle, you will get a chance to have fun with friends without the worry that you might interfere with your baby’s feeding time. All you need to do is ensure that the baby’s milk is available and that there’s someone to feed them during their feeding time.
Allows the mother a break
Most nursing mothers never take breaks, especially when it comes to baby feeding. The reason for this is because the kid solely depends on breast milk, which only the mother can provide.
Using a feeding bottle give the mother a break where they get the chance to rest when someone else takes overfeeding. They even get time to sleep.
Enables babies to feed themselves
As the baby grows, they can grasp and hold things in their tiny hands. With time, your baby will start feeding himself with the feeding bottle. You won’t have to hold the bottle for them at all.
Types of Baby Feeding Bottles
There are different types of baby feeding bottles in the Indian Market today. Listed below are some of them.
These bottles specifically help to reduce the incidence of a painful condition in the abdomen. This condition may be a result of indigestion or gas caused by the intake of air when the baby sucks from the bottle.
The bottles are designed to prevent the painful condition and usually have vents or tubes. The downside of these bottles, however, is that most are not easy to clean or sterilize. The bottles are also more expensive when compared to regular ones.
Just like the name suggests, these bottles can sterilize themselves. With these bottles, all you have to do is pour water into the lower portion, place the remaining parts on the top, and you are good to go.
After heating the bottle for the prescribed minutes, it will be wholly sterilized and safe to use.
These bottles are travel-friendly, convenient, and safe to use. The only problem is that they come with a higher price tag than the regular ones.
Disposable bottles come ready to use. The bottles come already sterilized, and you can throw them away after feeding the baby.
Such bottles come at a reasonable price and are perfect to use when traveling for long hours.
The bottles are time-saving and convenient at the same teethes bottles; however, they have a downside, which is that they are not environment-friendly.
Angle Neck Bottles
These are feeding bottles that can bend at an angle near the neck. The reason for this design is to keep the nipple full of milk at all times.
The bottles ensure that the baby doesn’t swallow air when feeding, a feature that keeps them protected from suffering from colic.
Angle-neck bottles require the child to be kept upright when feeding, and this reduces the chances of ear infections. The only problem with these bottles is that they are difficult to clean.
Wide Neck Bottles
The bottles have a stouter appearance when compared to regular bottles. These bottles are the best for babies who drink from their mother’s breast and the bottle as well.
The bottles are always easy to clean and sterilize.
Vented bottles contain vents that help in keeping air away from the bottle. The vents also prevent the milk from leaking out.
With these bottles, your baby will never get chocked when sucking the liquid as the vents will stop it from sipping out.
The bottles are however more expensive than regular bottles and also not readily available.
Bottles with Disposable Liners
These bottles require you to place liners inside to prevent the bottle from getting dirty. The bottle can be just a regular one.
Once you feed the baby, you only need to throw away the liner and store the bottle for the next feeding time.
The bottles are the best to use if traveling as they don’t occupy much space. They also do not require you to keep on cleaning them from time to time, hence the best.
The bottles, however, aren’t environment-friendly and you also have to use them correctly. If you don’t use the liners well, you will still end up cleaning the bottle.
Buyer’s Guide for Baby Feeding Bottles
The following are the things to consider before purchasing a baby feeding bottle
Before you get a feeding bottle for your baby, you have to think about their age. The best way of getting the right one is by trying different shapes, sizes, and brands as your baby grows.
Always ensure that you get the most appropriate bottle for their age.
Newborn babies use small bottles of up to 150ml until the age of 3months. These bottles should have a slow flow as a steady flow may choke the baby at that age.
On the other hand, older babies require a large size bottle of up to 330ml.
Ensure that you check the material of the nipple of the feeding bottle before paying for it. Most bottles have either latex or silicone nipples.
Silicone is stronger and also lasts for a longer time when compared to latex. Some kids also tend to be allergic to latex something that makes a silicone nipple the best option.
Size of the nipple
There are different types of nipples for feeding bottles in the market today. Some of the nipples are standard size others wide-based while others mimic the teats of the mother.
The size of the nipple you choose for your baby will depend on their age.
Slow flow liquids are the best for young ones meaning that you’ll have to use nipples with small holes (one hole is the best). On the other hand, older babies require bottles with a steady flow, and thus a larger nipple with multiple holes is the best.
The material of the bottle
The material of the feeding bottle matters a lot. The most common materials include silicone, plastic, glass, and stainless steel.
Plastic bottles are light, but most contain chemicals(BPA) that can affect the health of your baby.
These bottles also deteriorate with ease, and you’ll thus have to keep on changing them regularly if you can avoid using plastic baby feeding bottles, the better.
Glass bottles are chemical-free and thus better than the plastic ones. Although glass bottles last for long, they can shatter if not well handled.
This downside makes them not safe for the baby to use them on their own. The bottles are also more expensive than the plastic ones.
Silicone bottles are very light, a feature that makes them easy for a baby to use as they can hold them comfortably in their tiny hands. These bottles are also unbreakable meaning that you can use them for long.
The fact that the bottles are soft makes it easy to squeeze milk. Silicone bottles are more expensive than plastic and glass bottles and also challenging to get in the market.
Stainless steel bottles are unbreakable and also BPA free. The bottles also last long and just like the silicone ones, costly and hard to find.
Bottle size and capacity
For a newborn, you’ll require a small size feeding bottle that doesn’t hold a lot of milk or formula. For example, on average, two-month babies feed on 1.5 to 3 ounces every three to four hours.
You, therefore, require a bottle that can hold a maximum of 150ml to start with. Adjust to a bottle that can hold a capacity of 180 to 250 ml when the baby turns six months old.
When going for a baby feeding bottle, you have to consider the price as well. Also, find how the bottle functions and the much you wish to spend on it.
If on a tight budget you can select a bottle that works with your budget, but if money isn’t a problem, go for the one that performs best even if it comes at a high price.
Of much importance is to select a bottle that helps to feed your baby without interfering with their health. At no time should you compromise quality because of the price.
Before paying for a baby feeding bottle, ensure that you check it thoroughly to ascertain that it’s leak-free. You would not want to see milk or baby’s formula leaking from a bottle at any time.
When traveling, you won’t have to keep on checking from time to time to see whether the bottle leaks.
Ease of cleaning
The best baby feeding bottle is one that you can clean with ease. Some bottles, especially the vented ones, are a bit difficult to clean and thus not the best to use when traveling.
Bottles with wide necks and those that do not contain many parts are the easiest to clean and assemble.
Ensure that you get a bottle with a nipple that has a large, broad base. Such a nipple will help your baby to latch on properly.
Nipples with narrow bases can bring a choking hazard as the base can get into the baby’s mouth, especially if the baby’s suction happens to be strong and powerful.
Always go for lightweight bottles. While feeding the baby, you also want to train them on feeding on their own.
You can never achieve this when using a heavy baby feeding bottle. When traveling, a lightweight bottle makes everything easy as it’s not bulky.
Most of the bottles which are available in the market have a standard shape and size. There are products that are also available for premature babies who have a poor sucking reflex.
These products come along with a special nipple hole designed explicitly for the slow flow of milk through it. There are also products that come with Orthodontic nipples specifically designed for babies who are starting to develop teeth.
You must buy products according to your baby’s milk sucking capacity. Younger babies prefer a slow flow of liquid. Therefore, such products should be considered which have a small nipple hole.
It is very important to keep sterilizing the bottles for it to be safe for your babies. Harsh detergents which you normally use for other utensils must be avoided as it can be harmful.
Thus, the cost of maintenance should be considered before buying the feeding bottle.
Top 11 Baby Feeding Bottles
1. Speedex Stainless Steel Baby Feeding Bottle
Speedex manufactures premium quality stainless steel pressure cookers, stainless steel water bottles, and a feeding bottle as well as insulated flasks.
The Speedex stainless steel feeding bottle is not only useful for feeding milk but also water, juice, and soup. The bottle is eco friendly and can be used for years, thus giving you a longer shelf life.
- The ergonomically shaped bottle makes it extra comfortable to hold for the baby’s small hands.
- The silicone nipple is durable which does not break or torn out easily.
- It is made from food-grade silicone material.
- The bottle is highly durable as ti made from 304-grade stainless steel. It does not crack or break.
- Both the nipple and bottle are completely safe and hygenic for feeding.
- The compact size makes it highly portable and it does not have any sharp edges which makes cleaning very easy.
- The bottle is electro polished from inside for easy cleaning.
- It has internal volume marks which makes it easy for parents to measure the liquid.
- The bottle has a screw-type nipple cap and push-type outer lid which makes it completely leak proof.
- Though made from stainless steel, the bottle is very lightweight.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Luvlap Hippo Sipper / Sippy Cup 225ml
The LuvLap hippo sipper is a cup-shaped product that comes with detachable easy-grip handles. The product has a soft silicone spout that is very gentle on your baby’s teeth and hence assists in your child’s overall oral development.
The in-built valve closes when the pressure is released, thus making the bottle spill and leak proof. The touch-flow valve opens instantly with a small amount making it easy and simple for your baby to drink with the fear of overflow.
- The bottle is BPA free, non-toxic, and food-grade that makes it completely safe for your little one.
- The bottle can be sterilized and is dishwasher safe and also is ideal for 6 months plus babies.
- It weighs 99.8 gm and has dimensions of 11.9 x 7.9 x 13 cm.
- It is very easy to clean.
- The liquid comes out of the bottle only when your baby chews the silicone spout making it leak proof.
- Economical and durable.
- The spout quality is average, and it might get damaged after constant chewing.
3. U-Grow Anti Colic Feeding Bottle
U-grow anti color feeding bottles make it easy to transit baby from breast to bottle feeding. The product makes bottle feeding more natural. The bottle has a wide neck, and the nipple type is vented.
The feeding bottle comes in a packing of two with nipple size suitable for a three-plus months baby.
- The bottle is made from food-grade and BPA free material.
- It is heat resistant up to 120°C.
- The feeding bottle comes with a special anti-colic nipple that lets air flow steadily into the bottle.
- Each feeding bottle has a capacity of 250 ml.
- The wide neck makes it easier to clean the bottle and ensure hygiene.
- The bottles are self-sterilizing. All you need to do is fill the bottle’s base with cool water and place the bottle components on the special accessory cove. Let them heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- The bottle can be used for feeding juice, milk, and water to the baby.
- They are easy to carry, clean, and hold when traveling.
- It is a good quality product.
- No negative point was found.
4. Beautiq Unique Collections Stainless Steel Baby Feeding Bottle
This feeding bottle is made from high-quality stainless steel and high-grade silicone nipple. The 304 food-grade stainless steel is safe for your baby and has hygienic benefits.
This 160 ml bottle is medically tested and a size of 36 mm diameter. You can use this bottle to feed Milk, Water, Juice, and Soup and is very easy to hold.
The bottle is odor and smell free and has a smooth design with no sharp edges for easy and safe cleaning. The product is ‘Steel Hawk Made in India’ ISO Certified and can be washed with soap or water to use again.
- The bottle weighs 159 g with dimensions of 14 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm.
- The product is sleek with a small neck design and trendy looks.
- The spill-proof Screw type nipple cap and push-type outer lid make the bottle completely leak proof.
- The silicone nipple should be fixed properly to the Nipple Cap, and the Cap is closed tightly to the bottle to avoid any leakage issues.
- The bottle is easy to carry and handle as it is lightweight.
- It reduces sterilization work as only the silicone nipple needs to be sterilized.
- Suitable for babies with a minimum of 3 months of age and above.
- Strong and durable bottle.
- Best suitable for traveling
- It is non-toxic and BPA free.
- The bottle has a wide mouth that makes it easy for cleaning.
- No negative points were found.
5. Dr. Brown’s Baby Feeding Bottle – Our pick
This feeding bottle is the best overall. With it, your baby will never suffer from any colic situation since it comes in a fully vented design that helps in reducing colic, burping, spit-up, and gas.
The bottle largely assists in reducing feeding problems.
The bottle closely mimics breastfeeding and thus the best for you if you combine breastfeeding and bottle feeding. Chances of your baby rejecting this bottle are very minimal since the soft silicone teat will feel exactly as your teat in their mouth.
The vacuum free effect of this bottle ensures that nutrients in the milk or formula you intend to feed the baby remain maintained. Vacuum-free feeding also helps a lot in digestion, and therefore using this bottle to feed your baby will be the best thing you ever did.
The fact that it is glass makes this bottle 100% BPA free. With the help of this bottle, your baby will never become exposed to chemicals that might affect their health.
- Full vent design to prevent stomach pains and gases
- Medium flow for babies between 3 and nine months
- Silicone teat to mimic the mother’s nipple
- Chemical-free to promote the baby’s health
- Perfect for traveling
- Lightweight design
- Easy to clean
- Great for reducing spit-up
- Lid loosens with time
6. Philips Avent Natural Feeding Bottle– Dual Anti-Colic System
The bottle has an extra soft nipple that makes it easy to latch. The latch enables you to combine breastfeeding and bottle feeding since the baby won’t notice the difference.
This bottle also has an advanced anti-colic system with twin valves allowing a newborn to feed with a lot of comforts.
For maximum comfort, the bottle has an ergonomic shape. This bottle is also easy to clean and assemble.
With this bottle, you’ll get the best experience when feeding your young one.
Made from sturdy polypropylene, the bottle is chemical-free and thus safe to use when feeding your baby. The material also makes the bottle very durable, and you’ll, therefore, get to use it for a very long time.
The bottle is best for feeding one month and above aged babies.
- Breast-shaped nipple for a natural latch
- Ergonomic shape makes it easy to hold and grip
- Wide neck for easy filling and cleaning
- A Dual anti-colic system to prevent gas. It makes feeding a lot comfortable
- It is very easy to clean
- Easy to detach nipples
- Best quality plastic
- Sturdy and Durable
- Flow too slow
- Too huge for the baby to hold
7. The Little Lookers Glass Feeding Bottle – Multi-functional
Anti-leeching and anti-bacterial material used for designing this bottle make it safe for use. This is what this product offers to the users.
Apart from that, some babies find it difficult to suck the milk due to breathing problems.
Honey Boo 3 in 1 Baby Feeding Bottle Thermo-Steel Multifunctional-Sipper, Nipple & Straw 240 ML is a breathe-easy feeding bottle.
Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- The feeding bottle is specifically designed with anti-bacterial double-walled stainless steel, anti-colic, BPA Free. Food Grade Propylene Material. With so many features, this is one of the excellent choices for users.
- Some of the babies find it difficult while sucking due to breathing problems. This is a breathe-easy bottle so that babies can feed themselves uninterrupted without gasping for air.
- The vacuum seal provided in the feeding bottle maintains the temperature inside the bottle, and the agitator attachment maintains consistency.
- Nipple attachment of this bottle is interchangeable with most major brands.
- The Peristaltic Nipples redirects air and keeping it away from the milk, which makes it easy for babies to feed themselves easily.
- The easy hold shape and design makes it easy for the babies to hold it.
- Nipples get spoiled easily.
8. Chicco 250ml Baby Feeding Bottle – Best bottle for colic
Polypropylene made, the bottle is completely BPA free and will never threaten the health of your lovely baby. The bottle has an extra soft and elastic nipple that makes it possible for the baby to suck liquid with a lot of ease.
An advanced anti-colic system enables the baby to feed using the bottle and never suffer from gas or any other discomfort. With it, your baby will enjoy feeding at all times.
You will also have a great experience when feeding your baby using this bottle.
The bottle has an interchangeable physiological teat which enables the physiological stimulation of the mother’s breast. This feature makes it possible for you to combine breastfeeding and bottle feeding with any problem.
The bottle has a silicone teat which is tasteless and odorless and will thus never interfere with the taste of the liquids. As a result, your kid will feed on the bottle without rejecting it at any time.
The wide neck opening makes it easy for you to clean this bottle and sterilize it as well. You also get to fill the bottle with ease due to this important feature.
- Advanced anti-colic valve to prevent gas
- Medium flow for steady milk expression
- Wide neck opening for easy cleaning and filling
- The bottle also has medium flow allowing for constant expression of milk.
- Hygienic, practical, tasteless and odorless teat to minimize bottle rejections
- It is Easy to clean as well as easy to hold
- There are No leakages
- Attractive design
- The silicone teat is transparent.
- Loose cap fitting
- Flows fast
- Nipple not up to the mark
9. Embassy 304 Stainless Steel Baby Bottle – Best chemical free feature
Most baby feeding bottles claim to be chemical free, but they can never outdo this bottle. The lid and body of the bottle come from an anti-bacterial, high-quality stainless steel material (304) to be precise.
A high-quality medical grade silicone makes the nipple of this bottle, a feature that makes it the safest bottle to use when feeding your baby. The bottle comes with an extra lid making it the best to use when traveling.
Your baby can hold the bottle with ease since it is made of lightweight material. You will also use the bottle for a long time since due to its durable nature. Cleaning the bottle is no big deal since you can do that with ease.
- High-quality stainless steel makes it durable
- Lightweight nature makes feeding easy
- High-quality nipple for perfect flow
- An extra lid to ease traveling
- It is available in two sizes: 200ml and 275ml
- Excellent build quality
- Great Glossy finish
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t retain the liquid’s temperature
10. Kidvilla Thermal Insulation Baby Bottle – Best bottle for nipple confusion
Do you want a bottle that your kid can hold with ease? This bottle suits you best. The bottle has an ergonomic shape and thus comfortable to hold when feeding.
With the bottle, your baby can even practice feeding on their own.
The bottle has a natural feeling nipple, something that makes it easy for a mother to alternate breastfeeding with bottle feeding. Peristaltic teats redirect air, ensuring that it doesn’t cause colic to the baby.
This bottle also has an insulated stainless steel flask which makes it the best for feeding the baby. The feature also makes it possible for the bottle to retain the temperature of the liquid at all times.
With it, your baby will enjoy their feeding time.
- The ergonomic shape enables comfortable holding
- Natural feeling nipple to mimic teats
- Peristaltic nipple to minimize colic
- The unique shape of the bottle makes it easy to hold
- Convenient to use, Easy to sterilize
- Great quality
- Maintains liquid temperature as it has an insulated stainless steel flask
- The bottle won’t leave any toxins or affect the health of your baby since it’s BPA free.
11. Rianz Thermal Insulation Baby Bottle – Best for quantity measurement feature
Stainless steel made, the bottle allows for easy heating. The material makes it lightweight meaning that you can use it with ease.
The baby can also hold it because of this feature as well. The fact that it can stand heat makes it easy to sterilize too.
This is the best steel feeding bottle in India. The bottle is designed for quick disassembly and thus easy to clean. You can also measure the quantity that you want your baby to take since it has a measuring scale.
With it, you don’t need to worry when leaving your baby under the care of someone else since you’ll have the assurance that they’ll feed well.
Unlike plastic bottles where you have to keep on changing them from time to time, all you have to do with this bottle is replace the nipple. Using the bottle will, therefore, enable you to save the money you could have otherwise used to purchase a new one.
- Lightweight nature makes it easy to carry around
- Perfectly designed for easy disassembly
- Measuring scale to measure the liquid quantity
- Silicon nipple for durability
- No need to replace the bottle from time to time
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Poor nipple quality
- Difficult to get a replacement nipple
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I heat the contents of the baby feeding bottle, and is it necessary?
The most important thing you need to know is that heating is not necessary but babies like heated meals. If you want your young one to feel better, consider feeding them with warm food at all times.
To heat the meals, all you need is a small saucepan with water.
Submerge the feeding bottle in the saucepan for a few minutes and get ready to feed your baby. Avoid heating the meals using a microwave as this can destroy all the essential nutrients in the liquid or baby formula.
2. How do I clean the feeding bottle?
The best way to clean your baby’s feeding bottle is by ensuring that you first sterilize it for five minutes. To disinfect it, you can use a sterilizing formula that you can quickly get in the market today or use boiling water.
After sterilizing, wash the bottle in hot soapy water, rinse it with clean water, and then let it air-dry thoroughly. If the bottle didn’t dry as required, wipe it dry with a clean cloth before storing it.
3. When should I replace my baby’s feeding bottle?
Most feeding bottles do not require any replacement. You’ll only find it better to replace one if you usually use a plastic bottle when feeding your baby as they deteriorate with time.
With other bottles like glass and the stainless steel ones, you only need to change the nipple.
Check the nipples regularly to ensure that they aren’t worn out. Ensure that milk drips steadily from the nipple when feeding the baby.
If you notice that it rushes out, replace the nipple as this can chock the baby.
4. When should I stop feeding my baby with a bottle?
A baby should be ready to stop using a feeding bottle at the age of six to nine months. At this time, they can even start using a sippy cup.
By the time they are 12 months old, they should stop using the bottle altogether.
5. Should I clean the bottle after every use?
If you care about the health and wellbeing of your baby, you’ll find it necessary to clean the feeding bottle after every use.
Besides, how much is it going to cost you? The only bottles that you might find it not necessary to clean are the disposables and those that you use with liners.
Cleaning the bottles will make you a responsible person and also act as an assurance that should your baby fall sick, it’s not because you fed them using a dirty bottle.
6. When should I sterilize my baby bottles?
Ensure that you sterilize your baby’s bottles more often. This way, you’ll always be sure that the bottles are safe for use.
You can use special sterilizers to sterilize your bottles or submerge them in clean boiling water for a few minutes.
7. Must I feed my baby with a baby bottle?
Feeding a baby with a bottle is a personal choice and not a must. You’ll use the bottle only if you want to do it but not because you are under any obligation to do so at any time.
You can choose to breastfeed your baby and never use a feeding bottle.
8. Is it okay if I reuse my baby bottles?
You can store your baby bottle and use it in the future if it’s still in good shape. All you have to do is replace the nipples, and you’ll be good to go.
Also, ensure that you store the bottles properly in you intend to use them in the future.
9. What should I do if my baby rejects a baby bottle?
The most common reason as to why babies reject bottle is the use of the wrong nipple. If the nipple is too large for your baby, they might end up rejecting it.
Nipples with odors also make the baby refuse to take their meals using a bottle.
The best way to overcome this is by changing the bottle’s nipple to one that feels like the mother’s teats. There are plenty of such nipples in the market today, and all you’ll have to do is get one for your baby.
Keep on trying until you get one that fits your baby.
10. Can a feeding bottle destroy my baby’s teeth?
Frequent use of a feeding bottle can cause teeth decay. This condition may affect their eating habits, speech, and even have damaged teeth even as young adults.
Always ensure that you wipe the gums of your baby with a clean washcloth or gauze pad after every feeding. Check out baby oral care tips and product to now more to take care of your baby’s teeth and gums.
11. Which material is the best for the feeding bottle?
The best material to be used for making feeding bottles for babies is BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles. It is one of the overall best materials to be used that mimic breastfeeding.
12. How to maintain baby feeding bottles?
- As soon as the baby finishes drinking the milk, wash the bottle, lid, and nipples thoroughly in hot soapy water. This will remove milk, which is leftover inside the bottle. It is recommendable that you should use hot water when rinsing the bottle.
- Use a clean brush to remove off the excess dried milk stuck in the inner parts. Clean the bottom and as well as the side of the inner parts. Clean the rubber part too because bacterias accumulate in that region. There are detergents which are specially designed for baby bottles. They are non-toxic.
- Use a sponge or scrubbing pad to scrub off the detergent from the bottle. Remove each part of the bottle separately so that any milk that has been build up will get removed.
- Once the parts get cleaned, rewash it and allow it to dry in a well-ventilated location. If the bottles remain damp for too long can make way for fungus and mold.
Our top three picks for the best baby feeding bottles are Dr. Brown’s Baby Feeding bottle, Philips Avent Natural Feeding Bottle, and Mee Mee Glass Feeding Bottle.
Dr. Brown’s Bottle is the overall best feeding bottle and top in our list as it contains all the essential features that an ideal feeding bottle should have. Philips Avent comes at a reasonable price even though the bottle will feed your baby the best.
Mee Mee feeding bottle has all the essential features you expect to find in a feeding bottle and still comes at a meager price and thus affordable to everyone.
If you are a busy mother or want your baby to bond with the rest of the family or take more proteins from different formulas, a feeding bottle is your best guess. Get one for your baby, and you’ll never regret making the decision.
All the bottles in this review will feed your baby the best, and all you have to do is select one that you feel is the best for your baby.