Baby Booster Seats
Children grow and learn how to sit and do things all by themselves. It is entertaining seeing them do that and the expressions that come with every action they take. Booster seats can be used as an alternative to a toddler’s car seat or feeding seat. It is often messy when they are learning to self-feed for the first time.
And most often, kids are often scared of the high seat and how far it is from them, while parents see it as a tedious task in cleaning them up after they are through eating.
Getting a middle ground to keep the enthusiasm of self-feeding and security in the car is where the booster seat come to play. The booster seat acts as a perfect way to keep the kid secure and safe while traveling in the car and eating with the family during breakfast or dinner.
A baby booster seat is an excellent alternative to a high chair and one unique feature about this seat is that it can be used in limited space around the table and suitable for parents traveling with their kids. This booster comes in different forms and models – some are foldable while others can be converted into different modes.
What is the right time to make babies sit on booster seats? When babies reach the age of 4 and a height of 40 inches, it is then time to transit to a booster seat.
If you are planning to get one for your child, you are at the right place. With plenty of options available in the market, it may be overwhelming to pick the right one. We have mentioned all the information required to help you make an informed purchase like safety tips of using it, the benefits of buying one as well as the crucial points to consider while shopping. Apart from this, we also have done the research for you and picked the best 5 booster seats online. Find answers to the most commonly asked questions before buying the seats.
Top 5 booster seats
Best convertible booster seat
Most easy to clean baby booster seat
Easy to fold baby booster seat
The super cute booster chair
Best baby booster chair cum swing
Safety tips in using a booster seat
- Using a booster seat comes with some tips one needs to note in other to keep the baby safe and secure while on the seat. Here are some of the precaution to note when using a booster seat:
- In using a booster seat, it is essential that the lap and shoulder belts fit correctly. Make sure that the lap belt is placed low across the hips and the shoulder belt needs to be put across the shoulder.
- When making use of a harness, the adjusters must be placed at or above the child’s shoulder.
- Keep the top of the child’s ears below the vehicle’s seat back or at the headrest.
- It is recommended that parents should not place the shoulder belt behind the back of the baby or under the arm.
- When making use of a backless booster, the headrest or seat of the vehicle should be placed high enough to support the child’s head.
- Ensure that the child fits the recommended booster seat guideline.
- Endeavor to make sure that the child fits the weight and height requirements of the seat you wish to buy.
Benefits of a booster seat
- The use of a booster seat can be used for different purposes. This is as a result of the multipurpose nature of the booster seat as it can be used for both feeding and the safety and security of the baby while traveling in the car. Some of the reasons to consider purchasing a booster seat include:
- The baby booster seat allows the baby the opportunity to sit with other family members while dining.
- With the booster seat in cars, the child can be able to see outside the window of the car while traveling.
- It helps to keep the baby secure while traveling and eating.
- These booster seats are generally cheaper than high chairs.
- Booster seats take up less space when dining in respect to high chairs.
- Booster seats are also portable.
- Booster seats can also be double as an activity seat for the baby to use.
Buying Guide for a Booster Seat
In buying a booster seat, it is necessary to look out for some basic features that make it suitable for extended usage and safety. Some of the factors to consider when purchasing these booster seats includes the following:
The booster seat comes with an adjustable back that can be reclined slightly to offer them the needed support. But if you intend to use it exclusively for older kids, then a rigid booster seat with a stiff back or one with no back can be gotten.
It is necessary to go for a booster seat that comes with a child strap. It is necessary to ascertain if you will be going for a five-point or three-point harness or just a seat with a lap belt. But for babies, a booster seat with five-point harness is the best option while a lap or three-point harness is ideal for toddlers or older kids.
Look out for a booster seat that comes with a chair strap if you are using it for the child’s feeding. Go for one that you can secure to the dining chair with ease.
Ease of Carrying the Chair
Another factor to consider when purchasing a booster seat is the ease of carrying it. How portable is the chair when you need to travel with it? How flexible is the chair and is the booster chair relatively lightweight.
The foldability of the seat
The foldability of the chair is also important when selecting a booster chair. Can it easily be folded down? Can it fit into the car and carried around.
For a dining booster seat, it is essential to consider if it comes with a tray. Some booster seats come with one while others don’t.
Ease of Cleaning
How easy it is to clean the booster seat is another factor to consider when purchasing a booster seat. Since it might be used in the car, and children can be messy – it is, therefore, important to go for a product that can easily be cleaned after usage.
1. BAYBEE Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat – Best convertible booster seat
When we talk about safety in the use of booster seat, then BayBee deluxe comfort booster seat is the ideal one for that. It comes with a 3-point harness that is en71 certified. Every part of this product is considered to give the baby the needed safety while keeping them secure.
This booster seat can be used as an infant feeding chair as it comes with a feeding tray in the early months of the child’s life. As the child grows older, it can now be converted to a folding booster seat to enable them to join the family during mealtimes.
- This booster seat tray can be used by the child during mealtime
- The product is designed in such a way that it can be adjusted to three height to suit the baby as their grow
- The booster seat is BPA free
- The booster seat comes with the option for detachment and adjustability of the snack tray
- It comes with a safety belt
- The booster seat comes with a removable, machine-washable seat pad
- The booster seat is lightweight and foldable
- It is also travel-friendly as it can easily be folded into a compact size
- The booster seat comes with a built-in cup holder
- The feeding tray can be used for your child to enjoy favorite meals and drinks while being seated.
- The seats are made from virgin PVC plastic
- It has product dimensions of 29 x 38 x 32 cm
- The booster seat is suitable for babies below 18 months
- The booster seat is lightweight
- One other advantage of this booster seat is that it is easy to clean
- The booster seat is budget friendly
- The seat does not come with a cushioning
- It is important for the seat to come with a Vacuum or suction discs at the base to prevent the baby from moving the chair around even when strapping on the seat.
2. Fisher Price Clean N Go Booster – Most easy to clean baby booster seat
This booster seat is suitable in preventing the mess that comes when a baby is feeding. With the aid of the Fisher price baby booster seat, accidental spills are reduced or eliminated during mealtime.
With this booster seat, one can quickly grab and wipe and make cleaning faster and more convenient. With the help of the fast finder wipes dispenser which is easy to access and easy to fill with and conventional (standard) wipes.
Also, the seat comes with a sure grip spot on the dishwasher that helps in keeping the baby’s plates, snacks and bowls from falling off – thereby preventing accidental spills.
- The Fisher price clean N Go booster seat has an item weight of 1.68 Kg
- The booster seat comes with a Sure Grip spot on the dishwasher
- It comes with a secure strap for most dining chairs
- When folded, it has a shoulder strap to aid for easy carry
- It comes with a built-in fast finder wipes dispenser that aids the easy cleaning of the booster seat
- The booster seat grows with the baby as it comes with two tray adjustment and two height adjustments
- Can be placed on the floor or used on a chair
- The booster seat comes with a removable, dishwasher-safe feeding tray
- It has an adjustable 3-point resistant
- It is suitable for children that are up to 50 lbs.
- It comes with product dimensions of 39 x 38.8 x 24.8 cm
- The product is an excellent and very durable product
- It binds down to a chair securely since it comes with a long straps
- The product plastic material is robust and strong.
- The booster seat tray secures down tight and fast.
- One shortcoming of this product is that one may need to disengage the tray to place or lift the child out.
3. Goodluck Baybee- Comfort Folding Baby Booster Seat Chair – Easy to fold baby booster seat
The Goodluck BayBee is a comforting baby booster sat that is easy to fold. This booster seat is suitable for infants and toddlers. The 2 in 1 booster seat is made from quality material that boasts of a 3 point safety harness.
The booster seat can be used as a booster seat for baby feeding as it comes with an infant tray in the early months and later as a toddler booster seat to enable the child to join the family while dining.
It comes with an adjustable option that can be converted into three heights. This allows the seat to grow with the baby.
- The product’s snack tray can be detached and adjust
- The booster seat is BPA free
- It comes with an item weight of 2 Kg
- It also comes with an adjustable and detachable safety belt for a dining chair
- The booster seat is made from premium plastic materials
- The booster seat can be attached to different types of dining chairs
- Ideal for children between the ages of 6 months to 3 years
- It can support a child with a weight capacity of 20 Kg
- The booster seat comes with a non-slip rubber pad
- The product is sturdy and secure
- It is easy to clean
- Ideal for babies and toddlers
- Has the sam
- One of the shortcomings of this product is that it is a bit bulky to carry around
- e quality and design as the pictures
- One of the shortcomings of this product is that it is a bit bulky to carry around
4. R for Rabbit Candy Crush Booster Seat – The super cute booster chair
R for Rabbit candy crush booster seat is a lovely and cute booster chair that is captivating for kids. This booster seat is fully certified and safe. It is EN 14988 certified to keep your baby secure from harm while using it.
One unique thing about this booster seat is that it comes with a removable tray with a toy bar. The removable front tray can be used as a toy for your baby to play with when it is not used for dining and can also be converted to a backrest too.
The booster seat can easily be clamp to an adult dining chair. This is important when one is going out for dinner and needs to go with the child. The booster seat can come handy.
- The booster seat is multipurpose in use
- It can easily be converted to a mini chair
- The booster seat comes with a three-point safety harness
- Can be used as a backrest for the baby
- It has an item weight of 3.62 KG
- It comes with product dimensions of 41.2 x 37.6 x 29.6 cm
- The booster seat is lightweight and portable
- The small size of the chair makes it easy to store
- Children love the seat because of the designs and color
- Due to its removable cushion, the seat is easy to clean
- The booster seat is comfortable for use
- The R for Rabbit booster seat and cushion are too small
5. Toyboy Honey Bee 5-in-1 Plastic Baby Booster Seat – Best baby booster chair cum swing
The Toyboy honey bee is a very unique 5 in 1 booster seat. The seat can also be used as a swing for the child to play with. The booster seat is made from plastic materials and made to give comfort to the kids.
This lovely booster seat is made of PVC and free from BPA. The multi-utility chair cum swing saves one of space and money as one can now save the cash to buy a swing separately.
- It has a minimum recommended age of 9 months to 4 years
- It is multi-purpose
- The booster seat comes with a large food tray
- It also comes with safety belts
- Used for five different purposes such as (1.baby swing. 2. Car Seat. 3. for dining. 4. High Chair. 5. Bath Seat.)
- The booster seat comes with a heavy-duty rope with a super lock
- It has an item weight of 998 g
- It has package dimensions of 24 x 15 x 5 cm
- It saves cost because it can be used for multipurpose needs
- The eating tray that the booster seat comes with can be used to feed your baby
- It can be used as a strap on a chair to boost the height
- It comes with a good price
- The booster seat adhesive is not functional and the bolts keeps loosening
- Might not be safe for babies with sensitive skin due to the sharp and rough edges.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is ideal to use a booster seat?
A booster seat should be used by an infant from 6 months to kids up to 5 years old.
2. Why should my child use a booster seat?
The importance of a booster seat for kids are numerous. It is needed in order to keep them secure and safe from slipping off while eating or during an accident. Using a Booster seat correctly provides 60 percent more protection than just a seat belt.
3. What is the carrying capacity of a booster seat?
Different manufacturers of booster seats come with their minimum and maximum carrying capacity. But it is recommended that the baby weight at least 18 Kg (40 pounds) and matured enough to sit correctly.
4. How does a booster seat work?
The work of a booster seat is to boost the child up so that the seat belt can fit across the strongest bones and away from the soft belly.
5. Are seat belts unsafe?
No. A seat belt also help to prevent the child from being ejected out from the vehicle, but without the use of a booster seat to position the belt properly, it won’t be able to give the child the needed protection in case of an accident.
6. What is a booster seat high chair?
A booster seat high chair sits on top of your regular dining room chair and acts as a high chair in order to provide a safe seat for the child to sit in, while eating and to also raise the height to the dining table level.
In using a booster seat, it is necessary to consider the construction of the chair on which it will be affixed on or the car it’s to be installed on.
Remember to inspect the booster seats for weaknesses and go for one with a wide base. It is known that the wider the base, the less likely that the chair will topple.
The bottom-line is to go for a chair that suits ones need. For us, we pick the BAYBEE Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat and the Toyboy Honey Bee 5-in-1 Plastic Baby Booster Seat Cum Swing as it has the required features that make it stands out among others in the Indian Market.