Best Baby Feeding Spoons
How often do you think about purchasing the feeding spoons for your babies? It may seem inconsequential but a baby feeding spoon is an essential baby care product.
A good quality baby spoon is designed to be soft and flexible to prevent your baby’s mouth from being hurt. A soft-tipped and shallow spoon is ideal for your baby’s delicate mouth. In fact, some baby spoons also serve as teethers.
The baby feeding spoons are ergonomically designed for felicitating effortless and pleasurable feeding.
As a young parent, you need to keep it in mind that in the same way as you select baby feeding chairs, clothing, soaps, and lotions among other baby’s must-have products, you should do the same when it comes to your baby’s feeding spoons.
The best baby spoons even act as .
Ten best baby Feeding Spoons in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Heat Sensitive Feeding Spoon
Best Squeeze Feeding Spoon
Best Durability Feature
Best Soothing Feature
Color Changing Spoon
Best Silicone Feeding Spoon
Best Lightweight Feature
Best for First-Timers
Spoon Feeding Tips
- Always use a soft-tipped shallow spoon to avoid hurting their delicate mouth.
- Never overload the spoon. Scoop the right quantity that can fit in your little one’s mouth.
- When your baby grows older, increase the frequency and the amount of food you feed them daily.
- Wait for your little one to guide you when spoon-feeding them. If your baby wants more food, they’ll open the mouth when you bring the spoon closer.
- Try to make your baby’s mealtimes relaxed and unhurried. Your baby might dislike getting spoon-fed if the mealtimes are rushed and interrupted.
- Wait until your baby wakes up from a nap if you want to succeed in feeding before feeding them, especially if you are just starting to spoon-feed them. A tired baby will never cooperate since they usually are in no mood to try out new things.
- Always watch for your baby’s signals that they have had enough. Your little one might turn their head once you try to take the spoon towards his mouth or refuse to open his mouth. Sometimes, your baby will appear to be more interested in playing than eating.
Types of Baby Spoons
The following are the different types of baby spoons you can find in the market today.
These are the most common baby spoons since they are soft and smooth. They are easy to clean since all you need to do is throw them in the dishwasher.
Silicone spoons are safe for your little one to chew and bite as they learn how to eat. When buying the spoons, always ensure that they are BPA-free.
Just like the name suggests, these spoons come with a detachable bamboo handle. They are biodegradable and recyclable.
They usually have a plastic part that you can wash separately after feeding your baby.
Combined spoon and teether
These spoons are the best for your baby if learning to eat by themselves. They are large in size and have a chewy texture. This is a good choice if they like to bite on the spoon when eating.
The teething element will make your baby want to use the spoon more.
Your baby will always be clumsy when holding a spoon for the first time, as this will be one of the most challenging tasks when they are learning hand-eye co ordination.
Ergonomic spoons are specially designed to help your baby improve their motor skills.
Stainless steel baby spoons
The best thing about stainless steel spoons is that they are long-lasting and safe for your baby so you won’t have to worry about toxic chemicals.
These spoons are, however, best suited for older kids who have already gone through the teething period and grown several teeth. When using these spoons, you have to be extremely careful not to hurt your baby’s mouth.
The following are the things you need to consider before you purchase feeding spoons for your baby.
You need to get your baby spoons that won’t subject them to any harm. Your little one isn’t mature enough to use a spoon with a metal end.
The spoon should be made of such material that it will not hurt their teeth and gums if the spoon is accidentally bitten. Get a spoon made from soft material such as plastic, rubber, silicone, and wood for your baby when they grow older.
The size of your baby’s spoon matters a lot. You need to remember that what appears small to you might be just the right size for your baby.
Always select lightweight spoons for your baby. You also wouldn’t want to hold a bulky spoon when feeding your little one.
It will also help your baby to learn self-feeding with ease.
Ensure that the spoons you get for your baby do not expose them to choking risks. For example, spoons with loose ends such as bamboo spoons can be risky since they have removable ends.
If you go for such a spoon, you have to keep a close eye on your baby at all times to ensure that the end doesn’t come off while they are using it.
When buying any item, you need to ensure that it can last for the longest time possible. You do not want to purchase a product that breaks down or fails to carry out its function a few weeks after purchase.
The same goes for baby spoons. Get durable spoons that won’t require you to go for shopping sprees now and then.
Always look for heat resistant spoons for your baby. With heat resistant spoons, you can easily sterilize them without them giving off toxic waste. You’ll have no reason to worry about bacterial infections.
You have to put into consideration the handle of the spoons you want to buy for your little one. When doing so, consider whether your baby will be feeding themselves or you’ll be the one to feed them.
If you’ll be the one to feed them, go for spoons with longer handles to give you a better grip and full control. On the other hand,if your baby will be self-feeding, get spoons with shorter and comfortable handles.
Getting the best spoons for your baby doesn’t mean spending a fortune on them. You can obtain quality spoons from the market, even at a low price.
Before getting a spoon for your baby, ensure that it is free of odor and taste. This would put your baby at risk of ingesting unwanted chemicals.
Free of toxins
For the safety and health of your baby, always ensure that everything you get for them is free from toxins.
Your baby’s spoons should be BPA-free, latex, and even phthalates-free.
The spoons you get for your baby should have bright and cute colors.
Bright colors attract kid’s attention, and however stubborn your little one might be, they’ll always want to eat from a cute spoon.
1. Mee Mee 3 in 1 Baby Weaning Spoon – Our Pick
If looking for a dual-ended spoon for your baby, this is the spoon to go for. It has a soft silicone end and a rigid end as well.
The spoon end you choose to feed your baby will solely depend on the type of food you want to feed your baby.
The manufacturers complied with the FDA and other international of safety and hygiene, meaning that the spoons are completely safe for your baby’s use.
They are made from non-toxic and BPA free food-grade material and thus is the best for your little one. They also have silicone tips that make them durable.
The spoons have long handles that enable you to get a firm grip and full control when feeding your baby.
They are odorless and tasteless, allowing your little one to taste nothing but their food, which will encourage them to eat to their fill.
The spoons are also easy to clean and use since they come with user instructions and thus no need to worry when paying for them. They are also travel-friendly, meaning that you can easily store and carry them when on the go with your baby.
- Dual-ended and quite useful when serving your baby different types of meals.
- Have long handles for a firm grip and also give you full control when spoon-feeding your baby.
- Tasteless and odorless meaning that your baby will only taste the food.
- Soft and smooth enough for your baby’s delicate mouth.
- Picks up the right amount of food for your little one.
- Easy to hold and feed your baby.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Cannot be sterlized as they melt in water.
2. Fisher-Price Heat Sensitive Spoon – Best Heat Sensitive Feeding Spoon
This spoon has a smart design and a unique temperature sense. Your baby will never suffer from burns due to hot food as it changes color when the food temperature exceeds 38 degrees celsius.
The spoon has soft silicone tips that are very gentle on your little one’s gums. It will help to alleviate anxiety due to sore gums when teething.
It comes with a long handle for a firm grip enabling you to feed your baby with ease. The spoon is also very portable and useful while travelling.
Its size ensures that your baby gets the right portion of food after every bite, reducing any choking risks. The spoon is naturally safe and free of BPA, lead, and phthalates.
You can clean it in a dishwasher. You can also sterilize it to keep it safe from germs. The fact that it comes in a bright, beautiful color makes kids fall in love with it.
- It comes with a unique temperature sensor you to tell when your baby’s food is hot.
- Has soft tips that keep your baby’s gums safe at all times.
- BPA, lead, and phthalates free and therefore, safe for your baby’s use.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Mild on tiny teeth.
- Sturdy and simple.
- Bright color minimizes staining.
- Too shallow.
3. NOYMI Squeeze Feeding Spoon – Best Squeeze Feeding Spoon
This spoon is perfect to use on the go. Your little one will take the correct amount of food with every bite. It is made of 100% silicone and, therefore, safe for use.
It’s free of BPA and will protect your baby’s delicate gums and tiny teeth. It provides you with a cleaner, neater, and easier way to feed your baby semi-solid foods with the use of one hand only.
The squeeze feeder comes with a protective cover to reduce leaks and spills and the best option for mothers traveling with their young ones. You can carry in your purse or baby’s diaper bag.
- The spoon gives you full control of the amount of food that you give to your baby.
- Made of 100% soft silicone and therefore safe for your baby.
- Enables you to feed your baby using one hand only without leaving a lot of mess.
- The feeder comes with a protective cover that helps in reducing leaks and spills.
- Handy for traveling moms.
- BPA free and therefore safe for your baby.
- Best when feeding semi-solid food to your baby.
- Not durable enough.
4. U Grow Silicone Spoon Set – Best Durability Feature
If you are looking for baby spoons that can withstand hot and cold food items without leaching hazardous chemicals, this set from U Grow is the best choice for you.
The spoons are silicone made and thus much better than plastic ones. The spoons are odor and stain-resistant, meaning that your baby will have the best spoon-feeding experience.
The spoons are hypoallergenic as well. They are durable and break-resistant due to their flexible nature. Even if your baby bends them playfully or accidentally drops them, they won’t break.
They come with easy to grip handles enabling you to feed your baby with ease. When it comes to heat, you have nothing to worry about, since the spoons can withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees Celsius.
You can sterilize them in hot water without worries. Even placing them in boiling water, the spoons do not leach chemicals. They also have smooth surfaces that make them easy to clean.
- Flexible and resistant to aging thus very durable.
- Can withstand high temperatures of up to 200 degrees Celsius.
- It comes in a set of 2 spoons.
- Come in a moderate size suitable for moms and their babies.
- Odor and stain resistant.
- Hypoallergenic in nature.
- Soft yet firm.
- Easy for babies to hold.
- Can be sterilized with boiling water.
- Doesn’t leach chemicals.
- Have short handles.
5. Mothercare Soft Silicone Spoons – Softest Spoon
This set has handy spoons that you’ll get to use for a long time since they are very durable.
The spoons have ergonomic handles that are specially designed for parents to hold comfortably to hold using the ridged finger grooves.
The handles of spoons from this set are also long enough to reach into deep jars and containers to get all the food.
The handles also contain integrated spoon rests that prevent the spoon tips from touching table tops, keeping them clean at all times.
The spoons have soft and flexible tips that help keep your baby’s delicate mouth and gums from harm.
The shallow rounded tips also enable you to scoop the correct amount of food to fit your little ones’ tiny mouths.
The spoons are made from odor-resistant and taste-free silicone and won’t leach chemicals into your baby’s food.
- Has long handle with comfortable grips and chunky bases to help your baby hold them with ease.
- Have soft, flexible, rounded and shallow tips that keep your baby’s gums and mouth safe at all times.
- Made from silicone that is taste-free and odor resistant making your baby taste the food only.
- Handles come with integrated spoon rests that prevents the spoon tips from touching table tips.
- Comfortable handles make the spoons easy to grip.
- Excellent quality and thus durable.
- Microwave safe and also safe to sterilize in hot water.
- Come in beautiful colors.
- Forks are difficult for kids to use.
6. Kassy Pop Baby’s Feeding Spoon – Best Soothing Feature
These spoons are the best when it comes to training your baby to eat solid foods. They have the perfect size for your baby’s little mouth and therefore ensure that food spillage gets minimized.
They are free of any harmful chemicals and thus safe for your baby’s use. These spoons are designed to be soft to help soothe your baby’s gums.
Unlike toddler spoons that are usually deep and long, this set comes specially designed to keep your little one’s mealtime easy regardless of whether you are feeding them or self-feeding.
They have rounded tips with no sharp pointing bits. One spoon comes with an angle and helps your baby take the food where they want it. The shape also enables the spoon to stay in the bowl instead of flipping and flinging the food everywhere.
The spoons come in bright colors that attract kids’ attention, making them always take a bite from them. They are smooth and easy to sterilize using boiling water.
They are BPA and phthalates free, a feature that makes them safe for your baby’s use.
- The perfect size for your baby’s little mouth.
- Designed to be soft to soothe your baby’s delicate gums.
- Come in a round shape and soft tips without sharp pointy bits.
- Easy to sterilize with boiling water.
- Soft enough to soothe your baby’s gums.
- Safe for your baby’s use as the set is free of chemicals.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- The smaller spoon is too deep for an infant.
7. Rikang Feeding Spoon – Color Changing Spoon
If you’ve always feared that you might hurt your baby’s mouth by feeding them with hot food, you should give this spoon set a try. The spoons will change color when your baby’s food is too hot to eat.
The spoons are BPA free and also made from soft materials. Your baby will thus never suffer from allergic reactions after using the spoons or get injuries in the mouth.
They come in the perfect size suitable for kids younger than 3 years of age.. The spoons have ergonomic necks that make them easy to direct food to your baby’s mouth.
They are light in weight, making it easy for you to feed our baby.
- Change color when exposed to a lot of heat and therefore alerts you when your baby’s food is hot.
- BPA free and made from soft silicone materials, making it very safe for your little one.
- Light in weight, making it easy for you to feed your baby even when on the go.
- Soft and soothing on your baby’s gums.
- Makes it easy for you to tell that your baby’s food is hot or not.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Difficult to feed infants.
8. Buddsbuddy Silicone Feeding Spoon – Best Silicone Feeding Spoon
This spoon will help your baby to learn self-feeding within the shortest time possible. It is light in weight and has just a short, perfect handle for babies.
It has a comfortable grip as well and thus the best for your baby’s tiny hands. The spoon is made of 100% food-grade silicone and, therefore, safe for your baby.
It will never leach chemicals in your loved one’s food since it’s BPA-free and also free of toxins. The spoon is also soft for your baby’s delicate mouth and also works perfectly in soothing her sore gums.
The spoon has round edges and will never hurt your baby’s mouth. It is easy to clean and comes in bright colors. Your baby will have the best feeding experience.
It is also very comfortable to hold and use.
- Comes with a handle that is easy for a young baby to grip.
- Made from food-grade silicone.
- Has blunt edges that protect your baby from injuries.
- Easy for babies to use.
- Enables kids to self-feed with ease.
- Helps to soothe your baby’s sore gums.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Too bulky.
9. Fisher-Price Ultra Care Training Spoon Set
Fisher-Price ultra-care training spoon set is designed for toddlers above 5 years of age. It is ergonomically shaped for ensuring that babies can easily intake solid foods.
This spoon is prepared from 100 percent food-grade and protective silicone that feels soft on the baby’s gums and mouth. This spoon set features shallow-shaped spoons that prevent the baby from in-taking too much food at one go.
It features smooth edges that can be used for wiping sticky food like jam from your baby’s face. Moreover, it can also be used for scrapping resilient foods from the bottom of the jar or bowl.
- It features soft and silicone tips that feel gentle on the baby’s delicate gums.
- This spoon helps in improving the baby’s appetite during eating.
- It effectively prevents the baby’s anxiety caused by sore gums during teething
- This spoon is designed for inspiring self-feeding in the babies.
- It is a lightweight spoon set that comes with a long handle that helps the babies in maintaining a firm and sturdier grip.
- It is a handy, portable, and on-the-go spoon set that can be easily stored in a protective box and it can be easily carried to places where you take your babies.
- It is a 100% BPA free spoon that is safe for use by babies.
- The package comprises 2 spoons and 1 storage cover.
- The dimensions of this spoon measure 3. 5 cm x 2 cm x 8 cm. It weighs 100 grams.
- This spoon set provides optimal baby oral care.
- It is ideally suitable for oral skills training for weaning babies.
- It promotes self-feeding motor skills in babies.
- It is a soft spoon that can be used for feeding babies without any redness or rashes.
- The cover case provides proper hygiene during traveling.
- The angled spoon helps in easy and comfortable food intake.
- The spoons are a bit deep for infants.
10. Sanskriti Baby Feeding Spoons – Best for First-Timers
The spoons come specially created for babies who have just started eating solid food. They are fully optimized to enable your baby to get used to solid foods effectively.
The spoons come in five different vibrant colors that your baby will fall in love with. Bright colors also attract and encourage kids to use the spoons.
They enhance your baby’s appetite making every mealtime a special event. The spoons are easy to use as a parent, thanks to the ergonomic design.
No matter how resistant your little one might be, the spoons will ensure that your baby gets fed properly. The set comes with a traveling case that holds two spoons and thus very handy when on the go.
- Come in vibrant colors that enhance your baby’s appetite.
- Made from soft and safe material for your baby’s use.
- It comes with a traveling case that makes it easy to carry when on the go.
- Excellent product material.
- Soft and flexible.
- Long enough to feed with ease.
- Easy to carry along when traveling.
- Spoon heads are extremely thick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I introduce a feeding spoon to my baby?
You can introduce a spoon to your baby any time after she attains four months of age.
By six months, your baby will be able to use her upper lip to take food from a spoon instead of sucking it.
Introducing a spoon to your baby at that age will enable them to learn quickly.
2. When should a baby spoon-feed themselves?
Mastering spoon skills can never be overnight, meaning that you’ll have to be patient with your baby. You will see your little one make gradual improvements with time.
By the time your baby gets 3 or 4 years old, they will be able to feed themselves comfortably.
3. Are wooden spoons safe for babies?
Wooden spoons are very safe for your baby since they are non-toxic.
If going for a wooden spoon, ensure that you get one from softwood as you do not want your baby’s mouth to suffer from injuries.
4. How do I get my baby to eat from a spoon?
If you want your baby to start feeding on a spoon, you can start by using a bottle feeder with a spoon.
After using it for a while, your baby will get accustomed to it and will be comfortable you introduce a spoon to them.
You can also start by offering your baby a feeding spoon to hold when feeding him.
Ensure that the spoon is brightly colored to attract your little one’s attention.
5. Is it safe to leave my baby self-feeding with a spoon?
Never leave your baby on their own while they are eating. They may accidentally bite the spoon or choke themselves on food.
You need to remember that kids are always clumsy and thus you need to be extra careful.
6. How do I tell that my baby is ready to self-feed?
Your baby is ready to self-feed if they can hold the spoon firmly, scoop food from their feeding bowl, and take it into their mouth without making a lot of mess.
7. How many feeding spoons should I get for my baby?
Ensure that you get at least five feeding spoons for your baby.
Remember that you’ll need different spoons to feed different food items to your baby.
Extra spoons come in handy in case you misplace some.
A well-designed baby feeding spoon ensures a great feeding time for your babies. It not only ensures comfortable feeding but also helps your babies to learn self-feeding. These feeding spoons are specially shaped for promoting the motor skills of babies.
With brightly colored designs and comfortable handles, the baby feeding spoons easily hold their attention for the entire duration of feeding. These spoons help to inculcate proper eating habits among babies from an early age.
All the spoons in this list work best, but since you can’t get all of them at the same time, select those that you feel will work best for your baby and give them a try.