Best Baby Feeding Chair Review
As your baby begins to grow, a time will come when they will start to take solid food. It is important to get a good seating position for the child to keep them comfortable. Since the baby is going to be spending a lot of their time in their feeding chair or high chair, it is necessary to invest in an excellent product.
It is also important to note that little children beginning to eat all by themselves will often leave the dining messy and will require one to clean the feeding table always. It is therefore important to select a product that is easy to use and clean when selecting a feeding chair or booster seat for the baby.
With the advancement in technology, baby feeding chairs now come with unique features that now make it possible for newborn babies to nap in or for your 6-month-old baby to eat and play in them while you can be busy with other house choruses.
Top 11 Best Baby Feeding Chair
Best Entertaining Baby Feeding Chair
Best Secured Feeding Chair
Best Smart High Chair
Safe and Secure Booster Seat
Best Multipurpose Baby Feeding Chair
Best Multipurpose Baby Chair
Best Baby High Chair
Best Safety Baby Feeding Chair
Best Weaning Baby Feeding Chair
Best Toddlers Chair
Best Fabric Baby Feeding Chair
What Is a Feeding/High Chair?
A feeding chair is seen as a freestanding chair that is elevated to a height of more than 15inches from the dining floor and used for the feeding of a baby that is less than three years of age. It often comes with an attached tray, while some may not.
New feeding chairs now come with other additional features that make feeding fun – such as a reclining facility and an adjustable height.
Benefits of a Baby Feeding Chair
The benefits of a baby feeding chair are numerous and a necessity for most home. It is needed since the baby must learn how to feed on their own as they grow from liquid to solid foods. Here are some benefits of baby feeding chairs.
A baby feeding chair is a necessary attachment that is needed during a baby feeding time. It aids in the feeding of the baby while sitting or standing without the need to bend forward or lunge
Stimulation of interest
With the aid of the baby chair, the attention of the baby can be stimulated to eat solid foods. Since babies learn by imitation, eating with the family will encourage them to eat like the others at the table.
Encourage eating with family
Eating with a feeding table for the baby allows them to join other family members to dine together.
Different models of feeding chairs come with adjustable sitting designs. This helps the baby to sit in different positions comfortably. With infants that cannot sit straight, they can enjoy mealtime in a reclined position.
Most modern baby chairs come with a leg that is lockable caster wheels. This makes it possible to move the baby around to different feeding place.
This is another significant benefit of buying a baby feeding chair. Efforts are now placed in improving the safety inherent in the use of feeding chairs. Baby seats now come with a belt of three or five-point harness to prevent the child from slipping down while eating. Babies can also be strap comfortably with the seat belt that is attached to the table. While the wheel leg and food tray are locked to fix safely in a position.
Ease of cleaning
This is another benefit of using a baby feeding chair – as it aids in the easy cleaning of the mess after eating. Since the baby would be seated in one place, tidying up the place will be a lot easier.
Safety Tips for Baby Feeding Chairs
In using a baby feeding chair, some safety precautions should be taken into consideration to keep the baby safe and secure. Some of these crucial tips include:
- Endeavor to strap the baby to the harness. Never leave the baby alone without a harness.
- Never leave the child alone on the high chair, since the baby can shake the chair when you are out of sight. This can disturb the balance of the chair if it is not strong enough
- Always make sure to set the correct recline level of the chair before feeding
- Don’t allow an older child to sit on the feeding/high chair as it might not be able to bear their weight.
- Always adhere to the recommended age limit set out by the manufacturer. Most feeding seat is suitable only for children between 3 years and below
- Always check the screws and joints to know if it’s tight.
Types of Baby Feeding Chairs
Different types of baby feeding chairs abound in the market; these chairs come with different designs that makes them stand-out among others. The following baby feeding chairs in the India market are:
The Traditional Baby Feeding Chairs
This type of baby feeding chairs is the conventional chairs used in most homes. It comes with a standard design and little or no added features.
The Modern Baby Feeding Chairs
This type of feeding chairs is similar to the traditional feeding chairs. The difference between both chairs is that the latter comes with more additional features such as reclining back support, an adjustable height, a food tray that comes with a spoon holder and a cup and other features.
The Multi-stage convertible Baby Feeding Chairs
This type of baby feeding chair usually comes as three-in-one chairs. It comes as a high chair for the baby, before being converted into a sitting chair for the toddler before finally turned as a sitting stool for older kids
The Stand-alone/space saver booster chair
The stand-alone booster chair can be converted into a high chair for older kids or toddlers. These chairs don’t come with a stand or legs – it is seen as a space saver feeding chairs.
Foldable Feeding Chairs
These feeding chairs are ideal for travels. There are foldable and can be carried around easily.
The Hook-On Baby Feeding Chairs
The hook-on baby feeding chairs are designed in a way that it can be clip to the dining table directly. These chairs do not come with an attached tray. It can convert the dining table into a baby’s feeding chair.
Twin high chairs
Another type of feeding chairs for babies are the twin high chairs. These chairs are big and come with seats that can take two infants. It is an ideal chair for twins. The important features of this chair are that it is bulky and consumes space.
The Fabric Baby Feeding Chairs
This type of chairs can be attached to a standard chair and then converted to a high chair. It is easy to clean up since the materials are machine washable.
Guides in Purchasing a Baby Feeding Chair
When the baby is ready for solid food, it is necessary to look for a safe place for the child to eat. As one goes shopping for a feeding chair, it is essential to look out for some essential features that make it safe and secure for the child. Some of these important features include:
Your budget is an important factor to consider when making a buying decision. It is important to know that price does not necessarily mean that a product is better – but most modern feeding chairs can be expensive since it comes with some other unique features
How spacious is the room
This is another important feature to consider when choosing a feeding chair. How many spaces do you have in your room? Is your dining room or kitchen big enough to contain the feeding chair? It is unwise to buy a feeding chair that would not be able to enter or be moved around in the dining area.
The safety of the child is of paramount concern when making a purchase. It is important to consider if the chair comes with a harness that can keep them safe. A three-point or five-point harness is usually used by most manufacturers.
Is there a crotch post that can prevent the child from falling off from the seat? Does the chair come with nooks and crannies that the baby might stick their fingers in and get hurt? Does the wheel come with a lock and other safety precautions?
Stability of the chair
It is also important for one to consider the stability of the chair before buying. You won’t want to get a chair that may be shaking or would fall the baby while feeding. It should be noted that older siblings might push the baby while they are feeding – therefore it is necessary that the chair is fully stable.
Ease of usage
The possibility of holding the baby in one hand while looking for a way to maneuver the sitting position on the feeding chair is something to consider. It is necessary that one consider how easy it is to use or operate the chair. The ease of usage includes buckling and unbuckling the feeding chair straps, collapsing the chair and the ease of folding or assembling the chair.
Ease of cleaning the chair
How easy is it to clean the chair after the baby is through feeding is also important. It is necessary that the material used in designing the chair is easy to clean. Go for a chair that can easily be wiped down and a chair with no crevices and grooves that might hold bits of food
The versatility of the Feeding Chair
How versatile is the chair design is also an essential factor to consider. Some baby feeding chair can be reclined to allow infants to take a nap in the chair. Other chairs can also be converted into a booster seat for toddler and a youth chair. It is an excellent experience for the baby to grow with the chair.
The durability of the chair
The durability of the feeding chair is important since the baby will be making use of the chair, once every single day for two to three years. Therefore, it should be strong enough to withstand heavy usage.
A Removable Tray
Some of these feeding chairs come with a removable tray. Others can slide forward a bit to enable the baby to get more room to go in and out. One other benefit of a removable tray is ease of cleaning after a messy dinner.
Comfortability of the child while eating is also essential. As the child gets bigger, it is necessary that they prop their feet up instead of allowing them to dangle – therefore, it is important to go for a product that is comfortable for the child.
Belt and Straps
Does the baby feeding chair come with a belt or strap that can keep the baby secure? Most baby feeding chairs come with a safety belt. This belt helps to keep the child buckled in. A 5 point harness is the ideal type one needs to go for, but a 3 point harness can also be useful.
1. Kiddale Baby Booster Seat High Chair – Best Entertaining Baby Feeding Chair
This is a classy baby feeding seat that comes with a removable musical toy tray. It comes in a colorful and stimulating design that helps to keep the baby occupied during the preparation of the meal.
The Kiddale baby feeding seat is easy to attach to a dining chair to allow one’s child to sit up higher and dine with other family members. It also comes with a snap-on toy tray.
The chair is known to provide a secure, comfortable area for children to learn how to sit up. It is also an excellent solution for eating on the go or at home for the little ones.
- It comes with a removable toy tray
- The toy tray comes in a colorful design that keeps the baby occupied
- It is easily adjustable
- The feeding chair comes with secure straps that ensure the baby safety
- The chair can be used until the baby is 36 months of age
- The chair is designed for multiuse.
- It is portable, compact and easy to store
- The chair is made from a plastic material
- It has an item weight of 2.86 Kg
- A product dimensions of 35 x 39.5 x 33.8 cm
- It has a minimum recommended age of 3 months
- It has good quality and quite solid.
- The music and nursery rhymes that the chair comes with are captivating for kids and a useful learning tool.
- It comes in a way that is ready to use without any assembling
- The product is BPA free
- It needs a 3 AA sized batteries for the toy rhythms.
2. SYGA High Chair for Baby Kids – Best Secured Feeding Chair
This is a top quality highchair that offers users a great comfort and a secured sitting position when having a meal. One great thing about this product is that it offers a good value for money.
The chair is suitable for children between the ages of 6 months to 3 years of age. It has a removable tray that comes with 3 adjustable positions. This high chair comes with a cushion that makes it comfortable to sit on.
The seat bottom that the chair comes with can accommodate the dining chair legs and four wheels can easily be attached to the bottom
- The high chair comes with 4 different height positions
- The chair is made from PP Plastic Table
- The high chair is stain resistant
- It comes with an adjustable option that helps in saving space
- It comes with a 3 in 1 design that includes a high chair, ties up on the chair and normal chair.
- It offers the right size table and chair
- The product safety is assured
- The product saves time cleaning
- The Product comes with a metal frame
- It has 2 reclining seat position that is suitable for different stages of a baby’s growth
- It has a very great quality
- No such cons found
3. R for Rabbit Marshmallow High Chair – Best Smart High Chair
It is fun having one’s child sit with you on the dining table with the rest of the family. The marshmallow is a multi-functional baby high chair that helps one to develop the child’s social and eating skills. This classic feeding chair provides the ultimate comfort for the child.
It provides multiple modes of height adjustment, meal tray position, backrest positions, and footrest positions. One other thing about this feeding chair that makes it the ideal choice for most parents is the ease of cleaning the messy feeding chair after the child is through eating.
One other feature that makes the chair stands out from others is the smart folding function that Marshmallow comes with. This makes it suitable for limited space. It can easily be folded and stowed away.
- The feeding chair is fully certified for safety (EN14988)
- The feeding chair comes with a three recline mode and an adjustable footrest
- It comes with an item weight of 9.58 Kg
- The product comes with package dimensions of 83.8 x 55.6 x 24.6 cm
- It comes with a 5 point harness that keeps your active child fastened at all time
- The baby feeding chair comes with an optimal backrest design
- The feeding chair gives your child the most suitable posture angle and padding to be comfortable during dining
- The chair comes with an adjustable and removable double meal tray
- This is a very impressive baby feeding chair
- Marshmallow comes with a 7 level height adjustability that grows with the child
- The chair is tested for mechanical strength, durability, and quality
- The product is worth the price
- A very comfortable chair that comes with four wheels and stoppers
- The quality is not top notch for an overactive baby
4. Urban Kings Deluxe Booster Chair – Safe and Secure Booster Seat
This is a travel-friendly booster seat that can be folded into a compact size of easy storage. It can also be converted into a chair because of the additional four legs.
The safety harness will ensure the security and safety of your little one. Also, the duck-feet distribute weight evenly for an increase in stability even on the most uneven surfaces.
The chair features a removal, BPA free and dishwasher safe swivel tray. This makes the booster chair safe to use and easy to clean.
- The booster chair weighs 2.4 kg.
- It is constructed using PVC plastic.
- The additional four legs can convert this booster seat into a chair.
- Comes with a safety harness and easy to release buckle for keeping your child safe and secure.
- It features a detachable, BPA free and dishwasher safe swivel tray.
- It comes with a built-in cup holder.
- The light-weight and compact fold-able design make it travel-friendly and portable.
- It ensures a safe, cozy, and comfortable seating place for your toddler.
- The machine washable cover and dishwasher safe tray makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- The ‘duck feet’ distributes weight evenly to ensure stability on the most uneven surfaces
- The seat does not come with any cushioning.
5. Mummamia 3 in 1 Baby High Chair – Best Multipurpose Baby Feeding Chair Cum Reading Table
The Mummamia high chair is a 3 in 1 chair cum study set. This unique product comes with a detachable plate that makes it easy to clean. With the aid of this feeding chair, the child can stay in a particular place to eat without getting distracted since they are strap to the seat.
The baby high chair is suitable for infants of 6 months till the child gets to 5 to 6 years. This makes it a good buy and also saves you the money of buying newer products as the child grows.
- The baby feeding seat can be converted to a baby study unit as the baby grows
- It’s a 3 in 1 unique chair that can be used as a feeding tray, a chair, and a study table
- The chair comes with a comfortable backrest designed to keep the baby comfortable
- The feeding seat comes with a washable seat cushion
- It has a transparent tray cover
- Suitable for unisex
- It comes with an item weight of 4.57 Kg
- It has a package dimension of 99.8 x 46.7 x 24.5 cm
- A minimum age recommendation of 6 months
- It is a very useful and multipurpose product
- The chair comes with a 5 point safety harness system to give the child the needed security
- The baby feeding chair comes with an anti-tipping and anti slipping design that enables the seat to maintain balance
- It comes with a removable food tray
- It is easy to assemble
- It does not come with instructions and guidance
6. NHR 5 in 1 Multipurpose Booster Baby Chair – Best Multipurpose Baby Chair
The NHR 5 in 1 is a multipurpose booster baby chair. It is designed with premium quality material that can be used for different purposes. It acts as a feeding chair, car seat, baby swing, high chair, and bath seat. This chair comes with excellent safety as a result of its 4 point safety harness.
With the product design, it allows the baby to grow with it as it comes handy for the baby growth. This classy feeding tray can be used for your child to enjoy their favorite meals and drink.
One other feature of this excellent feeding chair is the adjustable chair straps that it comes with. This makes it easy for parents to place the seat on a wide variety of chairs.
- It is a 5 in 1 feeding chair for kids
- The chair comes with a large food tray with safety belts
- The feeding chair comes with a sipper cup holder
- The chair comes with a 4 point safety harness to ensure safety
- Made from premium plastic materials
- The feeding chair comes with heavy robes with a super lock
- The chair can be used as a high chair to allow the baby to dine at the same time with the family
- The baby feeding chair is BPA free
- The feeding chair is easy to clean, and this means fewer germs
- It comes with a removable seat pad
- It has an item weight of 2.52 Kg
- It comes with a product package dimensions of 44 x 37.2 x 24 cm
- A good value for money
- The product is comfortable and durable
- The heavy-duty robes with the super lock that the chair comes with ensuring the safety of the baby
- The feeding chair comes with ultra-compact folding design
- It is a quality feeding chair for little toddlers
- The product is not sturdy enough to be used as a swing
- The chair comes with some sharp edges that might scratch the baby
7. Kurtzy Kids Portable Highchair – Best Baby High Chair
The Kurtzy is one of the most secure and safe high chairs in the India market. This chair keeps your baby safe during mealtime. This makes it difficult for them to stand up to push the table or to fall back ward. The feeding chair table is designed in such a way that the table lock cannot be opened by the child.
The feeding chair also comes with smooth surfaces that prevent food from getting stuck into the table. This makes it very easy to clean. More so the table is designed in such a way that it fits snugly against the toddler’s tummy in order to prevent food from falling into the child’s lap.
- The feeding chair and table is fully secured
- It is designed in such a way that it takes up minimal space
- The baby feeding chair comes with a detachable tray that is easy to clean
- The Tray is dishwasher safe
- The ideal age recommendation for this feeding chair is from 6 months to 5 years
- The chair is delivered completely, no assembly is required
- It comes with an item weight of 5 Kg
- It comes with product dimensions of 44 x 50 x 80 cm
- The product comes with a safety harness
- The dining tray has a size of L=42cm B=23cm
- An excellent product for every home
- The baby feeding chair comes with a durable quality frame
- The baby feeding chair is made from Aluminum
- It can be easily folded up for travel and storage
- The chair is attractive and sturdy
- The cushion is not so comfortable for some child
- The food tray is relatively hard to fix
8. BAYBEE Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat– Best Safety Baby Feeding Chair
When we talk about safety for feeding chairs, then the BayBee deluxe comfort folding booster seat is our ideal choice. The product is en71 certified which is the most stringent certification as defined by the European standards for the safety of babies and toddlers.
The product considered every minor point that gives safety to your baby. It is used as an infant feeding chair with a feeding tray as an infant and later as a comfort folding booster seat for your baby to join the family dinner table.
- The feeding chair is lightweight and foldable
- It has an item weight of 2 Kg
- A product dimensions of 29 x 38 x 32 cm
- The BayBee feeding seat comes with a built-in cup holder
- The BayBee Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat is a comfortable and convenient solution for eating on-the-go or in-home.
- It comes with an extra seat pad
- The feeding chair comes with a safety belt for the dining chair
- It has a detachable and adjustable snack tray
- The feeding chair is suitable for babies under 18 months
- It comes with a reasonable price
- Due to its machine washable cover – it provides additional comfort and ease
- Its ultra-compact folding design allows for easy storage and portability
- The feeding chair is easy to assemble.
- The product does not have a steady base making it easy for the baby to topple on it.
- It does not come with any cushioning for the seat
9. Haneez Foldable Baby Feeding High Chair – Best Weaning Baby Feeding Chair
The Haneez baby feeding chair is a premium quality wooden chair that gives the child a good comfort and security while eating. It is one of the best weaning chairs that one can find in the India market. It is useful when one’s wish to teach the baby table manners and also gives the baby the opportunity to eat with the family.
This chair also comes with the option of adjusting the height of the chair as the baby grows – and this makes it ideal for growing children and toddlers
- The baby feeding chair is made from wooden materials
- It comes with a compact design that is easily foldable
- The product is portable and can be carried about while on the go
- The chair comes with a 3 point harness safety
- The high chair comes with a large double tray
- It comes with an item weight of 54.4 g
- It has a product dimension of 121.9 x 61 x 61 cm
- The product is so easy to assemble
- It comes with space to keep kids essentials like baby bottle, napkin, sipper, snack bowl and lots of other stuff
- It comes with the ability to adjust the chairs height
- A good price
- Most users complained of getting broken products
10. TruGood Baby’s Folding Feeding High-Chair – Best Toddlers Chair
The TruGood baby’s high chair is a multicolor feeding chair that gives the baby comfort and opportunity to dining with the other family members. It is a suitable option for parents wishing to keep their baby while they are busy with other chores.
It is very secure and safe for the child to be on as it is designed with sturdy frame and strong irons
- The baby feeding chair is foldable
- It comes very portable and suitable for travelling
- It is suitable for unisex
- The seat is made from strong iron
- It also comes with a footrest for ease while in use
- It does not require the use of batteries to work
- It comes with package dimensions of 93 x 50 x 13 cm
- It has an item weight of 1.2 Kg
- A nice product that allows parents to keep their babies while on other chores
- Made from strong steel frame
- The feeding chair comes with a cushioned seat
- Great quality material
- Not suitable for infants
11. Magic Seat – Baby Portable Seat – Best Fabric Baby Feeding Chair
This is a product manufactured by Alfora that bring to you the magic seat. This is a portable infant seat for feeding babies. It is ideal for infant that can control their neck born and a perfect space to keep the baby secure while the mom is busy with other house chores.
This baby seat is very secured and safe as you don’t need to be afraid of your baby falling off or slipping out from the seat. With this your little one can play, sit and feed securely. The baby chair belt is there to protect and secure the baby.
- The product belt comes with a soft cushion to support and protect the child
- It comes with a shoulder strap that gives an extra safety
- It has an adjustable option that helps one to adjust the height, size, and weight
- The baby infant feeding seat is made from high-quality material
- It is unisex and fit most babies
- The feeding seat comes with an attached compact pouch.
- The seat is made from cotton material
- The seat has a recommended minimum age of 3 months
- It has an item weight of 22 g
- It has a package dimension of 14.6 x 13.3 x 7.9 cm
- In this product, comfortability meets durability
- One good thing about this product is that it fits almost all chairs
- Portable and easy to carry around in a bag
- The baby feeding seat comes in bright and nice colorsa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do you need a baby feeding chair?
A feeding chair helps in providing your little one a comfortable seating position during meals. It is elevated to a height of more than 15 inches from the ground. It helps in feeding a baby of less than three years of age. A feeding chair enables you to feed tour little one conveniently.
It also encourages eating with family. Most chairs can be converted into a normal chair as well.
2. Is a high chair good for babies?
High chairs are considered as important baby feeding essentials. They ensure comfort and convenience to the child. A high chair will help you feed your child easily by securing him or her in place. A hook on high chair can be attached to the dining table so that your child can also be present during a family dinner.
3. Is a feeding chair necessary?
A feeding chair is necessary to feed your child conveniently. It provides a comfortable seating position and also manages to teach your child to eat alone. It is designed in a way that makes it easy to clean and maintain. Hence, you get a mess-free dining room.
Moreover, they are easy to move around because of their portable design. The latest feeding chair models come with adjustable heights and reclining feature. Your baby can nap or play in the chair while you are busy with household chores.
4. At what age will my child need a baby feeding chair?
A baby should need a feeding chair, as long as they can eat solid food. This is usually between the ages of 4 to 6 months of age. It is also used when a child transit from infant to toddler.
5. Are baby feeding/high chairs safe?
Yes. Most baby feeding chairs are safe due to the 3 point or 5 point harness straps that they come with. Injuries rarely occur and are mostly as a result of the misuse of the chair.
6. What is the recommended carrying capacity of the chairs?
The carrying capacity of these chairs is often depended on the age of the babies. It is often recommended that babies above the age of 3 should not sit on the feeding/high chair as their weigh are often known to be more than the carrying capacity of these chairs.
7. How can I remove the chair harness?
The feeding seat harness can be removed for kids over the age of 12 months or during cleaning by removing the chair back – thereby sliding the harness off the main beam
8. What is the ideal height of the feeding chair and tray?
Different chairs come with a different recommendation. But it is ideal for raising it to 26 inches and the tray up to 32 inches from the floor of the room.
9. How much space does a feeding/high chair take?
Depending on the design of the feeding chair, most do not take much space for usage or storage. Since most of these chairs can be folded inward, it is easy to store.
10. How secure is baby feeding chairs straps?
Most of these chairs come with a 3 point or 5 point harness. With these straps, baby safety is fully guaranteed
11. Is it possible to but a new tray or spare parts when needed?
Yes. Most of these chairs come with a new tray and spare parts that can be bought in the India market.
Like we have seen above, these chairs are an essential necessity in most homes. And a way of helping the kids bond with other family members.
From the expert view the Kiddale Baby Booster Seat High Chair with Removable and Foldable Toy Tray and R for Rabbit Marshmallow High Chair for Baby are the best pick due to their adjustability, durability, safety, and ease of cleaning.
Make use of these feeding chairs because soon the kids will be growing up and you would have wished that you started using them earlier.