Best Baby Foods in India
Quite frankly, when it comes to matters of baby welfare, every parent wishes nothing but the best for their little ones. Granted, most parents would go to any length to ensure their babies remain healthy, happy, and comfortable.
Of course, parental responsibility involves various aspects, but one of the most crucial areas of baby care consists of the choice of food. As the baby makes little milestones in growth and development, different types of baby-friendly provisions should be introduced to complement breast milk.
The good news is that these days there are plenty of best baby food brands in India in the market and other outlets. While the broad range of choice is a plus, it may present most parents with a selection headache.
Clearly, you can never take the manufacturer’s word for it. So, you need to be alert when doing your shopping, taking every necessary precaution to ensure your loved one gets started with healthy, safe, and delicious meals.
With that said, if you are looking forward to introducing your baby to new foods, cheers! You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll take you all the information you need to be a super caregiver as far as choosing the baby-friendly food is concerned.
Top 13 Baby Foods in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Stage one Baby food
Best Stage one Baby food
Nutrient-Dense Milk Formula
Best Dietary Compliment
Best Follow up formula
Best Flavour Testing Pack
Natural Fruit Blend
Best Milk Powder Substitute
Best Grain and Fruit Blend
Best Fruit Mix Puree
Baby Food Stages
Obviously, expanding your baby’s diet to include a new variety of foods is never a one-off affair- the age notwithstanding. It is and must always take a gradual approach.
Notably, the transition from breast milk alone to including baby formulas must be triggered by specific growth and development markers attained with age.
Talk of ability to sit upright, keeping the neck up and steady or stable head control and so on. Beyond that, as you shop, you will notice the various products on offer are clearly labeled as stage one, stage two, step three or stage four. In others, you will see the suitable age which should get fed on that particular baby formula.
The point about this categorization is to give guidance on age-specific and appropriate nutritional recommendations. To obtain the best baby foods by age, you need to know more about these. Let’s have a brief rundown of each of the stages;
Stage one foods
Any products indicated as stage one is suitable for infants just getting started on solids. Usually, they are indicated as suitable for use before the baby clocks over six months.
In most cases, the available products are made of single-ingredient purees or plain formulas and are very easy to swallow. Keep in mind stage one foods are about introducing flavors and textures. So, it is crucial to ensure whatever you are getting should be inviting enough for the baby.
Stage two foods
These are ideal for toddlers aged over six months, specifically about seven to eight months old. Given that at this age babies have little experience chewing and swallowing, you might notice stage two foods are not as finely textured as the above.
But, the one improvement here is the increased variety with regards to ingredient combinations. Common among them are fruit, vegetable, and grain blends, among others. It is a phase where they move from feeding bottle to spoon-feeding.
Stage three foods
Products at this stage are meant for babies about eight months or older. With improved eating habits and abilities, the range of ingredients for products categorized here is even greater. The blends may be slightly more compounded though still optimized for seamless chewing and swallowing.
Stage four foods
After stage three, most babies usually are aged about ten months and over will have gained the ability to try solid bite-sized chunks. As such, manufacturers produce foods with more texture and can conveniently be taken with a spoon.
Benefits of Baby Foods
Compliment breast milk
While a mother’s breast milk is essential and provides the bulk of nutritional needs, particularly for the first six months, it’s always not enough. Safe, nutritious baby formulas provide the perfect way to fill in the remaining quota of dietary needs.
Help early training on healthy eating
As you may already be aware, eating habits and food preferences begin early in life. By choosing healthy and baby-friendly foods and encouraging a consistent eating schedule, you train your young one on the best practices from the onset.
Top Baby Food Brands
By all standards, this brand stands as the frontrunner in the current baby food market. Offering one of the biggest baskets with a wide selection of products manufactured with the nutrition needs of babies in mind, Nestle outshines its peers in many fronts.
Talk of multigrain fortified cereals, products with the natural goodness of milk, organic and chemical-free purees and more, it leaves little else the super mum may want for their child. The range of Nestle baby foods are safe, healthy, and the best part is manufactured to be age-appropriate.
Farex also has a robust selection of baby-friendly provisions ideal for infants transitioning from breast milk and all through the toddler years.
Whether you are looking for puree pouches for stage one eaters, pure fruit and vegetable blends or fortified multigrain combos with more texture, the range of products by Farex has something for you.
The formulas are carefully formulated using modern techniques to give unique flavors that can fulfill various nutritional and baby development needs.
Another top baby food manufacturer, Nutricia avails equally irresistible collection of products to complement breast milk and home-made provisions. Think of a nice variety of flavors stemming from organically produced ingredients to aid holistic baby growth and development.
Of course, you might not like everything they offer, but you’ll undoubtedly find something from this label to support your young one’s nutritional needs.
Like any other leading manufacturers, Enfagrow range of baby food products is made of various ingredients particularly suitable for supporting infant growth and development.Looking for stage one purees? Check! Stage two portions of cereal? Mix fruit blends? Natural vegetable products and more? Check! Check! And check!
Baby food products by Similac also ranks among the most wished for in the market. Offering a broad array of baby-friendly formulas, the quality of ingredients and flavor options is perhaps what makes the brand stand out. No matter the age, nutritional needs, or personal preferences, Similac has something to complete the puzzle.
Ormeal manufacturers industry certified foods in all forms and flavors and with typical nutrients ideal for baby growth and development. It offers ready-to-eat products and alternatives that can easily be fixed on a need basis.
Also, you’ll find healthy snacks and complete meal formulas tailored for babies at different ages. The secret to it highly sought products boils down to its skillful blend old techniques and modern technology. The result is not only a great selection of nutritious, safe, and tasty food but also the best possible baby dietary compliments.
What to Look for When Buying Baby Food
The single most important aspect of baby food is the nutritional value it will provide to the baby. In as much as you want your baby to take something delicious and filling, you also ensure the product contains vital vitamins and compounds that support healthy growth and development.
Manufacturers always label the ingredients and nutritional percentages included in their products, so it should be easy to compare and make the right decision. Look out for essential vitamins and minerals to ensure standard dietary requirements are met.
Organic versus regular baby food
One of the most common debates about food, not just baby formulas boils around the benefits of organic over conventionally produced foods. Clearly, organic food seems to have the upper hand, in this case, considering the zero exposure to pesticides/chemicals, high nutritional value, and environment-friendly production methods.
And that goes down well with the need to avoid exposing the baby’s system to potentially harmful compounds. To the contrary, we are not in a perfect world, so sometimes you may not avoid regular formulas. For one, the ingredients present in a product should be at the core of your purchasing decision. Either way, you should know when to compromise.
While we all have systems that are at risk in case we take any harmful product, a baby’s biological makeup is even more delicate. And you can never be sure about any product available in the market regardless of all the persuasive literature fronted by manufacturers. So some level of keenness is necessary to ensure authenticity and the credulity of the manufacturer.
A key indicator here is the availability of quality markers by regulatory agencies or expert bodies.
Again, you should check the manufacture and expiry dates and quality of packaging to ensure the food is in a sound state at face value. Most of all, the product should be free from potentially toxic chemicals, additives, or artificial flavors that may interfere with healthy growth and development.
Perhaps one of the reasons why baby food should be introduced gradually is to discover and prevent the use of products that can cause adverse reactions. Therefore, if you already know some ingredients that are likely to trigger an allergy in your child, you should identify it beforehand and avoid purchasing the same.
Presence of additives/preservatives
Although not every preservative or additive is outrightly harmful, a proper provision should be as pure as possible. In the process of selecting suitable foods, you should especially avoid products with artificial components.
Of course, without preservatives, the food is likely to waste away faster once opened for use, but it’s worth the compromise.
As already highlighted, the products are manufactured, taking into account the infant’s age and eating abilities. Even though it’s easy to assume your baby will like one product or another, it may not be in their best interest. As such, you should always pick foods matching your baby’s age.
Ready-to-eat versus Need to be cooked
Another thing that should influence your choice is the state of the product with regards to readiness for consumption. In the market, you will find both ready-to-eat and others that must be prepared or cooked before eating.
Depending on your situation, it is prudent to pick whatever suits your preference. For instance, if you need a product that your baby can take while on the move, then ready-made options carry the day.
On the flip side, if you are at home with all the time and necessary kitchenware either way is okay. However, if you choose foods that must be prepared, ensure the process is quick and straightforward. If anything, you will not tell your little one to be patient as you do the preparation.
Sometimes you may have to let your decision get influenced by what the baby seems to like particularly for repeat purchases. As soon as notice him/her enjoying a particular provision you’ve bought before, it will be of no harm getting more of that product. However, you need to do it moderately to avoid getting them hooked up to one or two types of food only.
As you might expect, every manufacturer or brand packages their products differently. From jars to tins and pouches, there is no shortage of variety. While there is no perfect design, an excellent package should be optimized to guarantee the safety of contents by avoiding contamination at all times.
Similarly, it should be portable, easy to handle and allow hassle-free access to the food when opened with the ability to close. To top it off, if the package design or method can allow thoughtless storage, the better.
If you are under a budget, after considering most of the factors above, you can filter down to the best deal for your money. But, it’s always better if the cost isn’t the bottom line. That way, you can opt for the best quality that fulfills the healthy eating needs of the baby.
13 Best Baby Food
1. Nestle Ceregrow Fortified Multigrain Cereal – Our Pick
When it comes to popular baby food manufacturers, the Nestle brand needs no introduction. Their eye for quality is no secret among many parents, and this product is any different.
The Ceregrow Multigrain Cereal with milk and fruits has been put together following the same industry standards Nestle has been known for over the years.
As a vegetarian product, the Ceregrow is highly nutritious with a wide array of vitamins that support healthy growth and development. To be specific, it is suitable if you need to provide vital dietary elements for babies between the ages of two and five years.
Another good thing is- you have nothing to worry about with regards to safety. For one, it is also free from preservatives and artificial flavors that are known to contain potentially harmful chemicals. Overall, this product has all the right ingredients to necessary to contribute positively to your baby’s diet.
- 100 percent vegetarian product
- Multi-grain combo with milky and fruity goodness to provide a complete package of nutrients for 2 to 5-year-old babies
- Contains a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins such as protein, vitamin A, C, D and calcium which are useful in supporting baby growth and development
- Does not contain any preservatives or artificial flavors making it safe for the vulnerable infant biological systems
- Has iron which is a perfect fit for supporting cognitive development
- Comes in a bag-in-box package which guarantees safety, hygiene, and allows hassle-free handling
- Great taste and nutritional value
- Safe and healthy
- Can be used alongside other dietary provisions
- Supports healthy both cognitive and physical growth and development
- Can be used for a limited period after opening
2. Happa Sprouted Ragi Porridge
The Happa Sprouted Ragi Porridge is baby food that is extremely nutritious that helps in your baby’s overall growth and development. Finger millet (ragi) has high amounts of proteins, calcium, and iron, and it is low fat, absorbable, and easily digestible, making it a perfect snack for your toddler.
This ragi porridge serves as perfect food preparation for your little one once he/she completes 6 months.
The sprouted ragi used in this porridge is sourced from exclusive organic certified farms, and it prevents malnutrition in babies and provides them an adequate amount of energy. It is an excellent source of Iron & Calcium for babies.
- The pack weighs 200 gms.
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- Carefully designed sprouting and drying process helps in improving the level of calcium and Vitamin C content in the grain due to which essential nutrients like Iron & Calcium get easily absorbed in the body.
- Porridge recipe is inspired from Grandmother’s kitchen and is refined by modern age technology.
- No added preservatives, additives sugar, salt, color, oil, milk powder, trans fat, GMOs are used.
- Porridge can be made in under 5 minutes
- Suitable for toddlers above 6 months.
- Easy to cook and saves time.
- Organic and gluten-free.
- Powered texture and not lumpy.
- The fiber makes the babies feel full and avoids overeating.
- It provides an equal balance of all essential nutrients.
- The taste might not be good.
3. Slurrp Farm Organic Baby Cereal
Slurrp Farm Organic Baby Cereal is an instant healthy wholesome food for babies. It contains organic ingredients and provides necessary nutrients to babies.
This baby food contains a blend of multiple grains, milk solids and other organic ingredients. It contains organic jaggery for mild sweetening and does not contain white sugar.
- It is healthy wholesome baby food made with organic grain blend, milk solids, oat flour, vitamins, minerals and more
- This instant baby food is sweetened with organic jaggery
- The blend contains ragi which is great for growth
- It does not contain maida, transfats, preservatives and is 100% natural
- There are no artificial colours or flavours as well
- Does not contain white sugar
- It is very easy to make
- Great for carrying while travelling
- No negative points observed
4. Happa Organic Baby Food
Happa Organic Baby Food is made using traditional old recipes that were made by grandmothers for the babies. It is a small porridge pack of baby food with a great source of fibre for babies and kids.
Happa baby food proves that nutritious food can taste good too. This is a blend of sprouted ragi and fruits and does not contain sugar or preservatives.
- This baby food is 100% USDA certified organic and contains no salt, sugar, additives and preservatives
- It contains oatmeal and ragi which makes it a great source of fiber for babes
- This blend contains minerals and is rich in antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Easy to make steps for less time consumption
- Nutritious yet tasty
- No negative points observed
5. Enfamil Infant Formula – Best Stage one Baby food
If you are looking for a reliable product to get your baby started on new foods beyond breast milk, this may be worth the bill. The Enfamil A+ Stage 1 Infant Formula is intended for use before the baby clocks six months.
By and large, it can serve the baby perfectly by complimenting breast milk while at the same time training the baby in preparation for more textured provisions.
It comes with essential dietary compounds such as choline and iron, which plays a significant role in supporting wholesome growth and development.
- Stage one baby formula intended for babies aged up to six months, although can be used up to two years
- Contains choline and iron which aid wholesome baby growth and development
- Has expert-recommended levels of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) and ARA all which are quite ideal for supporting the development of the brain
- Contains a wide array of nutritious vitamins and ingredients to promote healthy growth
- The powdered formula that is easy to prepare and serve
- Easy to make
- Provides a great variety of nutritious ingredients
- Supports both physical and cognitive development
- Safe with zero preservatives or artificial additives
- Easily digestible
- Great overall manufacture quality
- Reliable packaging
- Vegetarian product
- Can catch moisture rapidly if left open for sometime
- May cause gas problem to some babies
6. Enfagrow Health and Nutrition Drink Super Saver – Nutrient-Dense Milk Formula
The Enfagrow A+ 2-pack combo is formulated to support the crucial baby growth phase thanks to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Put together based on the manufacturer’s years of experience in the trade; it has vitamins and other dietary provisions to help cover any deficiencies.
The scientifically assembled ingredients are by far suitable both physical and cognitive progress of the baby. Talk of Iron, Zinc, Vitamin B6 and B12, and more there little less you can ask for from the manufacturer.
Overall, this product by Enfagrow is made to provide the necessary supply of balanced dietary requirements to keep babies active, healthy, and on the path to holistic growth and development.
- Comes as a 2-pack of 400 grams providing sufficient quantity for an active child
- Scientifically formulated after over thirty years in DHA research to help achieve required nutrient RDA levels and mitigate common deficiencies
- Nutrient-dense milk formula intended for babies aged two years and over with elements such as Iron, Zinc, Vitamin B6 and B12, Folate and more to support healthy growth
- Ideal for supporting all-round development including physical, intellectual, motor, emotional, and communication skills
- Contains a unique combination of nutrients such as choline and ARA among other micro-nutrients that support A+ brain growth and development
- Contains calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, vitamins A, B, C, E and magnesium to promote A+ growth and immunity against common health concerns
- Provides a balanced supply of nutrients
- Supports all-around baby development
- Good fit for active babies
- Allows energy to keep the baby alert
- Suitable for compliment a baby diet
- Has a tasty vanilla flavor
- Great texture
- The quantity is less
7. Nestlé NESTUM Baby Cereal – Best Dietary Compliment
Yet another vegetarian product by Nestle, the Nestum Fortified Baby Cereal is meant for babies aged from ten to twenty-four months. Made from a combination of mainly rice and fruits, it comes with useful ingredients especially ideal for complementing infant diet.
And like the rest of our recommendations, it is free from any artificial additives, flavors, and preservatives confirming Nestlé’s eye for manufacturing safe baby foods. Also, it is quite easy to prepare and feed the baby.
Beyond that, you will be happy to know that you can mix it with other foods such as freshly prepared fruit juices, mashed vegetables, and the likes to improve the taste.
- Comes in a 300-gram bag-in-box pack to guarantee safety and hygiene of contents at all times
- Wholly vegetarian baby food and free from artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives
- Can be mixed with other infant-friendly provisions such as freshly prepared fruit juices, cooked pureed vegetables among others
- Provides up to three fruit flavors to ensure the baby gets a mouthful of taste
- Complimentary food for a baby diet suitable for babies aged over ten months
- Great variety of ingredients including rice flour, sucrose, apple juice concentrate, rice crisp, cherry crunchies, minerals, orange juice concentrate and vitamins to support holistic growth and development
- Easy to prepare
- Conveniently packaged for safe handling and storage
- Provides a wide array of essential dietary and healthy development requirements
- Free from artificial additives or preservatives
- Handy as a nutritional compliment
- Nutritious and healthy
- Must be used immediately after preparation
8. Similac Advance Infant Formula – Best Follow up formula
Very few brands can match up to Similac Advance as far as delivering safety, nutritious, and variety of baby foods is concerned. And this Follow-up formula attests to this assertion.
Made specifically for stage two babies in mind, this product has all it takes to provide essential dietary needs and compliment other foods the infant can decide at that age.
The 400-gram pack contains among others neuro-nutrients, choline, iron, and many more. All these combine to aid both physical and cognitive baby development.
Again it’s a vegetarian product so you can be sure of its safety. No preservatives or artificial flavors are included in the product.So if you are searching for a nutritious formula to scale up baby eating needs, you can try this and see the results.
- Follow-up formula intended for babies aged over six months
- Vegetarian product with zero artificial flavors, additives or preservatives hence very baby-friendly
- Contains essential neuro-nutrients such as Omega 3 and six fatty acids which are precursors of ARA and DHA making it an ideal product if you need something that supports brain development
- Includes iron, choline, taurine, zinc, and folic acid all of which combine to help all-round
- Comes with a unique ability to aid digestion and promote calcium absorption
- Contains vital fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals known to support healthy growth
- Comes in a 400 gram sealed foil pouch for safe and hygienic handling and storage
- Has a great variety of nutritious ingredients and vitamins
- Support both physical and cognitive development
- Helps promote digestion
- Secure packaging
- Vegetarian product with no harmful chemicals
- Easy to prepare
- Does not come in a tin which makes it difficult to store
9. Early Foods Trial Pack – Best Flavour Testing Pack
The Early Foods puree pouches offer a great variety of organic baby friendly provisions for baby’s over six months. With zero additives or preservatives, they are healthy with a wide array of valuable nutrients to support holistic growth and development.
Although the quantity on each 50-gram packet may be limiting, you will be happy because your baby gets to enjoy several flavors from one buy. Besides, this should be considered a complete meal but can be taken as a snack to build an appetite.
- The six trial packs include Sprouted ragi almond date porridge, Bajra and pumpkin seeds porridge, instant wheat almond, and date porridge mix, Sprouted ragi and carrot porridge mix, Sattu mavu porridge mix, and dry dates powder. All these provide a great variety of vital dietary requirements
- 100 percent vegetarian product with no additives, flavors or preservatives to make it baby-friendly
- Made from fresh organic ingredients to ensure maximum nutrient absorption
- Each pouch contains 50 grams of puree which offers a convenient way to test out what your baby might like
- Comes in an easy to prepare a form to allow quick fixing when the baby needs a quick bite
- Natural and baby-friendly product
- Little quantities ideal for testing baby preferences
- Provides a wide range of essential nutrients
- Free of any harmful chemicals
- Conveniently packaged
- Instructions on the pack are not clear
10. Tiny Spoons Organic Baby Food – Natural Fruit Blend
Tiny Spoons is known for manufacturing a delicious and healthy selection of organic food products for infants, and that’s by far what you get with this organic baby puree. The two packs are manufactured using quality ingredients stemming from the natural goodness of fruits such as blueberry, apple, banana, strawberry, plum, and prune.
Unlike other alternatives that must be prepared before feeding the baby, this one comes ready and can be taken at any moment. And like most organic foods, Tiny Spoons does not include any artificial salts, sugars, or water to dilute the fruit juices.
The same way no preservatives are part of the ingredients. It only means the product is safe for the baby’s vulnerable system.
All things considered, this is an excellent pick for any parent looking to introduce their little one to natural fruity flavor.
- Made of organic fruits such as blueberry, apple, banana, strawberry, plum, and prune providing both natural flavor and nutrients that come with the source fruits
- Comes in a convenient ready to eat for saving the caregiver any preparation trouble
- 100 percent organic without any artificial ingredients or preservatives to provide nothing but the best of nature
- Comes in a safe and hygiene maximizing BPA free packaging
- Healthy and nutritious offering vitamins such as B, C, and K and elements such as potassium, fiber, and carbs sourced from plum and prune
- Ideal meal or snack for 6 + months babies
- Free from harmful ingredients
- Offers a great variety of fruit flavors and nutrients
- No preparation required
- Pure, healthy, and nutritious
- Can be consumed at any time
- Should be used within 24 hours after opening
11. Dexolac Infant Formula – Best Milk Powder Substitute
Are you looking for the perfect milk powder substitute? Well, your search might as well end with this product. Why? The Dexolac Premium spray-dried infant formula is manufactured with exclusive Nutricia technology to aid overall baby growth and development.
As a 100 percent vegetarian formula, it features a wide array of elements ideal for stimulating immune function, smooth digestion, and brain development not to mention healthy bones.
Another impressive aspect of this product is the wide age bracket that can use it. Any child less than two years can comfortably take it as part of their diet with nothing to worry over.
- 100 percent vegetarian product specially manufactured to facilitate healthy overall infant growth and development
- Suitable for babies aged between zero and two years essentially allowing a large window of use
- Comes with ingredients that help build immunity, promote digestive wellness, brain development and so on
- Comes in an easy to prepare spray-dry powder form for convenience when the baby needs to take something
- Constitutes of whey proteins which are easy to digest for the kids
- Contains a wide variety of essential nutrients that aid holistic baby growth and development
- Provides a balanced supply of nutrients and vitamins
- Stimulates overall baby growth and development
- Easy to digest
- Quick and easy preparation
- Supports immunity building
- Suitable for a wide age range
- Excellent dietary supplement
- Affordable given the quantity
- The prepared feed is only usable immediately
- Several mothers have reported that the tin quality could be better
12. Happa Organic Baby Food – Best Grain and Fruit Blend
If you wish to introduce your loved one to a variety of foods without purchasing several products, this is for you. Unlike other options on our list, the Happa Organic Baby Puree excels as far as having a great blend of grain and fruit mixes goes. Talk about organic vegetables, cereals, and various fruits such as apple and mango, Happa includes it all.
The mixer does not only taste great but is nutritious too. Perhaps the best part about this is you can train your young one to develop a liking for different dietary requirements just from one formula.
And considering it is made for stage two babies aged six months plus, the timing couldn’t be any better. For most infants, this is when they begin to develop and transition from pure liquids to finely textured solids, and this puree as perfect for that situation.
Lastly, you will love the travel-friendly packaging which allows you to carry it along pain-free while on the go. So you can keep your baby well fed when away from home quite conveniently.
- Travel-friendly packaging to allow on the go baby feeding
- Pure blended puree with oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables all organic and baby-friendly
- Organic baby food with additives, flavors, colors, preservatives, artificial sugars and salts
- Self-sufficient package and easy to feed with a spoon
- Does not have any additives
- Nutritious with the goodness of fruits, vegetables, and multi-grain
- Ideal for babies aged six months and above getting introduced to solid foods
- Organic and baby-friendly with no harmful ingredients
- Great variety of pure blended fruits, vegetables, and grain
- Nicely packaged self-sufficient container
- Nutritious and healthy
- Easy to carry and feed
- Contains a variety of essential vitamins and minerals
- The consistency is like juice and not puree
13. Ormeal Organic Baby Food – Best Fruit Mix Puree
The Ormeal Organic Baby Food offers up to four packs of mixed fruit puree suitable for infants aged six years and more. As expected of an organic product, it has no artificial salts, sugars, or preservatives, making it safe for baby consumption. The raw materials used by Ormeal to manufacture this are pure and healthy.
Perhaps the best part of this product is the delicious fruity flavors that are fresh and tasty. With that in mind, you can use this to introduce your baby to the variety of fruity goodness available.
- Features apple, strawberry, and mixed banana puree to provide a variety of fruit flavor and nutrients
- Blended using modern technology to give extra fine puree ideal for infants getting introduced to solids
- 100 percent organic with European Union certification confirming its baby-friendliness and health benefits
- Nice travel-friendly package for easier handling at all circumstances
- Comes in a convenient ready to eat form saving you any complicated preparation procedures
- Free from preservatives with no dilution of fruit richness to provide natural taste and flavor
- Pure with natural nutrients
- Safe to use for babies
- Reliable packaging with a secure twist lid
- Great variety of flavor combinations
- Super portable and easy to store
- Ready to eat
- Quantity of each pack is very limited
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which baby food brand is best?
Although some brands might be more popular than others, this does not give them an upper hand in any way. Ideally, each manufacturer is unique in their ways from processing techniques to how they source raw materials for their products.
That means no brand can be considered the best overall. Instead, how best any of top suppliers meet your preferences and needs should tell you the most suitable but only to that extent.
2. What’s the best baby food to start with?
Before getting your young started on any formula, perhaps the most appropriate thing would be to consult a pediatrician or nutritionist. Otherwise, you can try out various age-specific products in the market and gradually identify what works for you.
3. Are organic baby foods better?
Well, this depends on how you look at it. Of course, it is obvious feeding your kid with organic supplies limits exposure to pesticides used in during primary production. At the same time, not all ordinary foods are outrightly harmful.
The tiebreaker here should be the nutritional benefits any products of choice will bring to the baby.
4. Do baby foods have preservatives?
Well, not all baby foods out there have preservatives or additives. It’s for the simple reason that while some manufacturers will include preservatives, others will not. Ideally, any preservatives are supposed to lengthen the life of the products before and after opening for use.
It means without such food is likely to go bad faster. On the other hand, since they are mostly made of artificial chemicals, they have the potential of being harmful to the baby’s system in the long run, especially if the amounts are considerably high.
So to get the digestive foods for babies, you need to be very keen while buying to ensure your baby’s safety.
5. Is home-made baby food better than store-bought?
Not necessarily, while home-made food has its advantages such as being fresh and comparatively cheaper, store-bought food comes as a convenient way to fulfill your baby’s dietary needs.
Either way, it’s the percentage of nutrients the child gets in the end that matters. Otherwise, it would be even better if you can use both forms from time to time.
6. Can I season baby food?
Well, this will depend on several things. First, it’s best if you try it for a child already over twelve months old. Secondly, no matter how your baby seems to appreciate the herbs and spices used for seasoning, you should employ them with a lot of moderation.
Always ensure whatever is used does not overpower the original taste of the food. Otherwise, you should consider expert advice before introducing anything, especially when in doubt.
7. When is my baby ready to start taking solid foods?
The ideal time to introduce your baby to solids is when they hit about six months. Of course, some infants may be ready to start a month or two earlier, which should be too surprising.
Usually, this decision should be informed by usual development markers such as the ability to sit upright, loss of tongue thrust reflex, and tendency to reach out their hands to grab things.
As a parent, you will most likely notice when the baby develops an interest in other foods, particularly by how they look at you when eating. If your baby has reached these growth milestones, then you can start them on fine solids and proceed to more textured varieties over time.
8. Can I make my baby’s food at home?
Yes, you can. However, considering the vulnerability of the baby’s body systems, extra caution is necessary. For instance, you need to ensure the ingredients used are pure, fresh, and exceedingly safe. Similarly, hygiene is paramount at every stage when preparing the food. Take every step to avoid exposure to contamination.
9. What foods should I not give my baby?
As expected, you cannot give every food out there. The best way to know what does not work for your child is by trying one product after another and notice how well they embrace or reject it. You may also have to take into account other health considerations, allergic reactions, or as your pediatrician may advise.
10. Is store-bought baby food safe?
Like any other product out there, baby foods in the market have to meet set safety and standard regulations. Once you can identify and buy only from reliable and credible sources, the safety is more certain.
Before buying, you should check on important safety indicators such as expiry date, list of ingredients, and quality of packaging, and so on.
No doubt, as a parent, there is a lot to think about to ensure your baby eats healthy. While you could do with breast milk and fresh home-made meals, manufactured formulas can come in handy at certain times, especially when it’s not possible to prepare everything from scratch.
Again, even though choosing the right products can be a little hard in the face of countless options, a little research can be of great help. With the 10 top rated baby foods, hopefully, you will be able to make a choice seamlessly. From these our top 3 expert picks include Nestle CeregrowFortified Multigrain Cereal, Enfamil A+ Stage 1 and Enfagrow A+ HEalth and Nutrition Drink. Don’t be thrown into buying the seemingly popular options without much thought because your child’s needs are in many ways unique.
All in all, with this article, we hope you have all the tricks to get the best products to keep your child satisfied and healthy.