Best Baby Sippy Cups
Sippy cups help a lot when it comes to training your baby to transit from feeding bottle to a regular cup. To help your baby use a real cup with ease, you’ll need a sippy cup to bridge the gap. These cups help a great deal and will help your baby adjust with ease.
Kids can’t carry regular cups without leaving messes everywhere. You’ll have to keep on cleaning up the spills and also change their outfits from time to time. With the help of a sipper for babies, you’ll never have to worry about all that since they come with lids to minimize spills.
Most sippy cups for baby are designed to withstand tossing from high chairs and strollers. A sippy cup will improve your baby’s hand-to-mouth coordination. It will also give him a sense of independence when he realizes that he can feed himself without spilling almost everything out.
This guide will narrow down your search and help you sort through the top contenders in the market today. You’ll also get to know the different types of sippy cups you can find in the market, what to consider before getting one and also the do’s and don’ts of sippy cups.
11 Best Baby Sippy Cups in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Grip Feature
Best 360 Degree Cup
Best Spill-Free Cup
Best Self Feeding Cup
Best Straw Sippy Cup for Milk
Best for Toddlers
Best Transitional Cup
Best Affordable Sippy Cup
Best Steel Cup
Different Parts of Sippy Cups
All sippy cups have a similar structure and may only appear different due to varying designs. A sippy cup will have the following parts.
Your child will use a spout to suckle liquid from the cup. It acts like a bottle’s nipple and is usually a part of the lid.
This is the top of the cup. It protects the liquid from dirt and dust, keeping your little one safe from disease-causing germs.
Valves prevent leakage when your baby isn’t sucking. Most are removable and built inside the lid while others come built into the spout.
It is the main part of the sippy cup for baby. In other words, it’s where the liquid gets held.
Some sippy cups come with handles while others do not. Some handles are removable while others get fixed into the cup or lid. Getting a sippy with handles or not all depends on personal preferences.
Tips for Introducing a Sippy Cup to Your Baby
- Although it may take a while before your baby accepts a sippy cup, introduce it to them as early as possible. You can introduce it as early as six months. The earlier they start, the earlier they’ll become accustomed to it.
- Start with a sippy cup that has a soft spout as this will feel more familiar (especially if transitioning from a feeding bottle) than a hard plastic spout.
- Show your baby how to raise the sippy cup to his mouth to drink.
- Try giving your baby different liquids and get their reaction. Your kid may refuse to take formula or breastmilk from a sippy cup but take water or juice when giving him juice, water it down so that it has less sugar.
- Give it some time. Your baby won’t learn how to use a sippy cup in a day or two and thus the need to be patient. You can start by putting only water to avoid a lot of mess.
Sippy Cup Don’ts
- At no time should you let your baby walk around with a sippy cup in hand. Kids are fragile and can fall at any time. If with the cup, it can injure their face or hurt their mouth.
- Always check for cracks on the cup and replace it if it has broken parts. You don’t want your baby to hurt themselves. Cracks can also make perfect breeding grounds for germs, mold, and bacteria subjecting your baby into the risk of contracting diseases. Cracks also make it difficult to clean the cup.
- Do not leave your baby to sleep with it in his mouth as it can hurt their face or mouth in return.
- Do not let your baby drink from a sippy cup for a very long time as they are only transitional. You should only use the cups until your baby can move to regular cups.
- Do not allow your baby to take a sippy cup with milk or juice to bed. These sugars can pool in his mouth, causing tooth decay.
- Avoid overfilling your baby’s cup when still in the learning process.
- Do not leave your baby to suck on the cup all day long. These cups should only get used during snacks or mealtime.
What to Do If Your Baby Refuses a Sippy Cup
- If your baby doesn’t want to use a sippy cup, use the following tactics;
- Dip the spout into your breast milk or formula before you put the spout in his mouth. You can also put a bottle nipple in his mouth and replace it with a sippy cup when he starts sucking.
- You can also switch halfway when feeding him. For example, you can give your baby half of the liquid in a feeding bottle and the rest in a sippy cup.
- Modify the cup’s spout for the better feeding of your baby. Some cups come with valves to control spillage, but these might give your baby difficulties when trying to suck. You can, therefore, remove the valve to make it easier for them.
- Give your baby a straw to sip with. Kids prefer them to spouts as they make it easy for them to drink.
- Sometimes, your baby might refuse to take a specific drink from a sippy cup but use it if another drink is poured in. Try other beverages and see your baby’s reaction.
- Demonstrate to your baby on how to use a sippy cup. Let him see you drink from it, and he’ll soon learn how to do it on his own.
Types of Sippy Cups
Sippy cups with silicone spouts
These types come with spouts made from the same material as the bottle’s nipple. a Sipper for babies with silicone spouts are flexible and familiar to a bottle-fed baby who is less likely to reject them.
The cups work best for kids who refuse hard spouts and those reluctant to give up the feeding bottle. The cups are however not useful for older toddlers as they tend to chew on the spout spoiling it.
Sippy cups with soft plastic spouts
These are sippy cups with a soft plastic spout. The cups are not fully flexible like the silicone spouted ones but work perfectly for first-time sippy users. If your baby has a few teeth, you should consider giving this type a try since they are gentler on the teeth and a little difficult to chew as well.
Do not get such a cup for your kid if she can chew the spout unless if you want to keep on replacing the spout from time to time.
Sippy cups with hard spouts
These appear just like the soft spouted ones the only difference being the hard spout. They are made of hard plastic and best for toddlers and preschoolers. You can also get one for your baby if she is accustomed to sippy cups.
Spoutless sippy cups
Just like the name suggests, the cups have no spouts and kids drink from them from any point on the rim. They are non-spill and help kids to develop their motor skills as well as mouth muscle control. These developments later help them to drink from a regular cup.
Sippy cups with straws
Instead of a spout, these cups have silicone straws. Having a valve means that they are spill-proof, and no matter how playful your baby is, the liquid will never spill from it.
The straw sippy cups for milk are best for kids who suck harder, especially the breastfed ones and those who have refused regular sippy cups.
Do not get a cup for your baby if a first-timer or too young to suck from the cup.
The following are the things to look out for when purchasing a baby sippy cup.
Type of spout
If you have the feeling that your baby might refuse to use the sippy cup, get one with a soft mouthpiece. If he has shown interest in regular cups already, get a cup with a hard spout for him.
With a sippy cup for milk, you’ll have to replace the spout from time to time, and that’s why you need to ensure that you can get one when you need it. Some cups have no replacements, something that will make you spend a lot of cash looking for a new cup altogether. Invest in a cup that you can find accessories with ease.
Kids, especially toddlers with teeth, keep on chewing the spout, and you’ll, therefore, need to replace it from time to time.
There are a lot of sippy cups in the market and different materials, including plastic, silicone, latex, glass, aluminum, and stainless steel. The best materials to go for are;
Plastic sippy cups are light in weight and come at a lesser price when compared to others from other materials. The only downside is that most contain chemicals that leach into your baby’s drink. Even though most claim to be BPA free, one can never be sure.
These eliminate the issue surrounding plastics and are also very easy to clean. Stainless steel sippy cups last for long, and some are even insulated to keep your kid’s liquids chilled.
If your baby can use a glass sippy cup, the better. These bypass all plastic material issues and have silicone sleeves that make them less slippery. The problem with glass is that the cups tend to be a bit heavier and break with ease.
Silicone is used in most sippy cups with soft spouts, straws, valves, or sleeves. This material will never injure your baby’s gums even if she chews on the spout. You, however, have to keep on replacing the chewed parts from time to time.
If you want your baby to have an easy time when using a sippy cup, get one with handles. Handles make it comfortable for them to pick the cup up.
Ensure that you get a cup that doesn’t spill its contents. Imagine traveling with your baby’s sippy cup only to find its contents spilled in the bag, disappointing. If not sure of whether the cup leaks or not, get one with a valve as there are high chances that this won’t.
Consider the age of your kid when looking for a sippy cup. The cup a two years’ toddler will use isn’t the same as the one a six months old baby will use.
A two-year-old might be comfortable using one with a hard spout while the one within the age range of four to nine months can only use one with a soft silicone spout due to her very delicate gum.
You can’t get a heavy cup for your baby and expect to have an easy time training them on using it. Kids have frail bodies and hands and lifting a heavy cup isn’t something they’ll do with ease. Get a light cup for your baby at all times.
Ease of cleaning
Always go for cups that you can clean with ease. You do not want your baby to get exposed to disease-causing germs just because a cup you got gives you trouble when trying to disassemble it for proper cleaning.
Straws and spouts are breeding places for bacteria, and you should, therefore, ensure that you clean them thoroughly. Also, get a cup that can be easily separated and can be sterilized.
Ease of use
Go for a cup that you feel will give your baby an easy time when using it. You might have to give a few tries on sippy cups from different brands before you get one. Get one with grippy material or one that comes with handles for your baby to pick up with ease.
Consider the durability of a cup you want to purchase for your baby before you pay for it. Although you need to change your baby’s cups from time to time, you do not want to buy one that your baby uses for a week and then gets spoiled.
Ensure that the cup you get for your baby is safe for them to use. Ensure that it has a smooth spout and that the rim doesn’t have rough edges that can hurt your baby’s gum.
Always purchase items without straining your budget. When it comes to sippy cups, remember that you need several for your baby and you’ll still have to change them after some time. You, therefore, don’t have to spend too much on a sippy cup. When selecting one for your kid, ensure that it’s of high-notch quality.
Top 11 Baby Sippy Cupsest
1. Philips Avent Classic Soft Spout Cup 200ml – Our Choice
This cup comes from the most popular brand for baby products. It will offer your baby all the comfort she requires to enjoy her drinks as it has a silicone spout for easy drinking. You can disassemble and assemble the cup with ease a feature that makes it easy to clean as well.
All cup parts are dishwasher safe and therefore, very convenient. The container has a rippled shape for a steady grip while a valve built into the cup makes it difficult for any liquid to leak out.
It’s easy to get the right amount of liquid for your baby since the cup is made from a transparent plastic material. Your baby will also hold it with ease with the help of the handles that it comes with. It also has smooth edges and at no time will it injure your baby’s mouth.
- Comes with a rippled container shape making it easy for your baby to grip
- Has a soft silicone spout that enables kids to drink from it with ease
- Has dishwasher safe parts and therefore easy to clean and convenient
- Has a built-in valve that makes it leakproof
- Has a good grip to hold
- Liquids flow out with ease
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Has smooth edges thus safe for your baby
- Not returnable
- Spout gets damaged by the baby’s teeth
2. Mee Mee 210ml 2 in 1 Spout and Straw Sipper Cup – Best Grip Feature
The product complies with EN 14350 and other standards of safety and hygiene and therefore safe for your baby’s use. It has a holding capacity of 210ml, enough to satisfy your little one and also light for them to hold in their feeble hands.
If your baby is six months old or above, you can get this cup for them and help them feed with ease. It comes from non-toxic and BPA free silicone materials that are bite-resistant. However much your kid might try to mess up with this cup, it’ll remain in good shape.
The cup is best for kids above two years of age and helps them to enjoy different kinds of liquids with more ease. It has twin handles for a comfortable grip and a lid that keeps its contents free of germs and harmful particles.
- Complies with international safety standards and therefore very safe for your baby’s use.
- It is made from durable silicone material thus long-lasting.
- Has a cap that helps in keeping its contents free of dust and germs
- Best for kids above the age of two
- Easy to clean and handle
- Has a soft spout that makes it easy for kids to suck liquids
- Provides copious quantity of fluid when sucked
- Light in weight thus comfortable to hold
- Markings not accurate.
3. The Little Lookers Bpa Free Unbreakable Sippy Cup
The little lookers sippy cup is a must to have for it helps make kids independent. The cup has two side handles. It is made of premium material.
The sipper is compact, easy to carry, and suitable for two years and above kids.
- The product has a dimension of 8 x 6 x 4 cm.
- It weighs 99 grams.
- The sippy cup has two handles for easy grip.
- It has a measuring scale on the cup.
- It is made from BPA free material and is unbreakable.
- The cup has a capacity of 200 ml.
- The cup comes in an attractive color and has cartoon imprints that make mealtime fun.
- The sippy cup is spill-proof. You can give it to your toddler to practice drinking from it without worrying about it spilling even if the baby tilts it upside down.
- The cup can be carried when traveling.
- It can store an adequate quantity of water or juice.
- The product cannot be sterilized.
4. Munchkin Miracle Sippy Cup – Best 360 Degree Cup
The Munchkin sippy cup with straw is spill-proof, the dentist recommended and came in a spoutless design. The cup will keep your baby free from messes from spills and also keep your space clean at all times. It automatically closes when your baby isn’t drinking from it, creating a leak-proof seal.
It has a 360 degrees drinking edge that eliminates all spills and thus perfect for your playful baby. It is ideal for your baby’s nightstand as it can never spill on the bed or in the changing bag. It, therefore, also makes the best companion for you and your baby if traveling.
The cup doesn’t have extra valves, spouts or pieces and thus very easy to use and clean. It is made from non-toxic material and BPA-free therefore very safe for your baby. With it, your baby will experience the best transitioning period ever.
It supports kids’ dental health since it has a soft rim that won’t hurt your baby’s delicate teeth. It will support normal muscle development in your kid’s mouth as he will drink from anywhere around the cup’s rim.
- Spill-proof and thus the best for you especially when traveling with tour baby
- Contains no extra valves, spouts, and pieces thus very easy to clean
- BPA free, therefore safe for your baby’s use.
- It is made from high-quality plastic material thus very durable.
- Sturdy and therefore long-lasting
- Easy to clean and use
- Beautiful prints for kids
- Supports kids’ dental health
- Users have appreciated its sturdiness
- A little heavy.
5. Luvlap Hippo Sipper – Best Spill-Free Cup
This sippy cup will help your little one to enjoy feeding at all times. It will promote your baby’s overall oral development without hurting him. The cup has a silicone spout, so soft to bring your baby no harm and also make him fall in love with it and always look forward to the next feeding time.
The cup has a built-in superior touch-flow valve that makes it non-spill. It is leak-proof and thus prevents any unwanted spillage. It comes with a detachable handle therefore very easy to use. All your baby needs to do is hold the handles and suckle from it.
You can clean the cup with ease since it’s easy to disassemble and assemble. It comes from very high-quality materials, a feature that makes it extremely solid. You can also sterilize the cup’s parts with ease keeping it clean for your baby’s use.
Your baby will always remain healthy since the cup is BPA and toxin-free. It comes at an affordable price and therefore, a better option for your baby.
- Has a built-in touch flo valve that makes it leak proof.
- Comes with detachable grip handles that make it easy for your baby to hold it.
- Contains parts that can all get sterilized.
- Has a soft silicone spout that keeps kids safe from gum injuries.
- Very solid and doesn’t break with ease as a result
- BPA-free and therefore safe for your baby
- Has an impressive finishing and also looks great
- Comes at an affordable price
- Handles are too close to the cup making it difficult to screw and unscrew
- No quantity markings
6. Fisher-Price Baby’s Flexi Straw Sippy Cup – Best Self Feeding Cup
This sippy will make your baby’s self-feeding journey easier than you ever thought. It has a soft silicone straw that allows for easy tongue movement and also keeps your baby’s mouth protected. The cup also has a soft straw that helps by making the transition easier while assisting in healthy oral development at the same time.
The cup comes in an anti-leak design that guarantees no messes when drinking. It has a convenient neck string that ensures that it remains handy when feeding. The cup will help your baby to develop better drinking skills on their own gradually.
It comes with a protective cap that keeps the straw hygienic and convenient for your little one to use. The cup encourages kids to drink on their own and also strengthens his mouth muscles. With it, your baby will develop self-feeding skills with ease.
This cup is solid enough and doesn’t break with ease. Since it’s made from high-quality plastic materials, it will last for a very long time. The plastic also makes it very light in weight.
- Has a soft silicone straw that makes it easy for your kid to learn to self-feed with ease.
- Has a protective cap that keeps the straw safe from disease-causing germs and bacteria.
- Comes in an anti-leak design preventing any unwanted spilling.
- Comes with a convenient neck string that makes it handy at all times.
- Very solid and thus not easy to break
- Makes transition very easy
- Helps baby to learn self-feeding with ease
- Strengthens baby’s mouth muscles
- The sipper is too hard requiring kids to use too much pressure to sip
7. SGD Plastic Unbreakable Soft Straw Sipper – Best Straw Sippy Cup for Milk
If looking for a sippy cup that your baby will hold with ease with it not slipping from his hands, this is the cup to go for. It comes with double ears that makes it possible, enabling your baby to learn self-feeding with ease. This cup is one of the most practical and convenient feeding tools for your baby.
It comes with a straw spout for easy sucking. When not in use, the straw flips to seal closed and stay clean for your baby’s use. It comes in a non-drip patented design that makes it completely leak proof. You, therefore, do not have any reason to shy away from carrying it along when traveling with your baby.
The silicone straw is very soft, a feature that makes it the best for your baby’s delicate mouth. It will never harm his gums or teeth. It has a multi-process valve that is sensitive to pressure and will always release the liquid following your baby’s suction.
- Has a soft silicone straw that keeps your baby’s gums and teeth safe.
- Comes in a non-drip patented design and therefore leak proof.
- Has double ears and thus easy for your baby to grip
- Has a multi-process valve port, sensitive to pressure and thus releases liquids according to your baby’s suction
- Available at an affordable price
- Handy and attractive enticing for kids to use it
- Lightweight, easy to hold and use
- Convenient feeding tool for your baby
- Many users have appreciated its quality
- No negative points were found.
8. Chicco Transition Cup – Best for Toddlers
This cup is best for kids within the age limit of two years and above. It has a silicone spout with the same satin texture as that of a bottle’s nipple that makes it easy for your kid to transition with ease. The spout is non-slippery and therefore, easy and comfortable for kids to use.
It is spill-free, and sipping activates the flow of liquid for your baby to drink. If your baby’s suction strength is high, then the more the fluid will flow out and vice versa. The cup has a protective cap that helps maintain hygiene.
The cup has interchangeable lids and bases that mix and match. It is BPA, latex, and PVC free and therefore very safe for your baby. Your baby will also get the chance to hold it with ease now that it comes with removable non-slip handles.
- Sipping activates the amount of liquid that flows from the sippy cup.
- Has interchangeable bases and lids, all who are BPA, latex, and PVC free.
- Has a non-slip soft silicone spout that enables kids to use it with ease
- Has a protective cap that helps to maintain hygiene
- Very sturdy and 100% leak proof
- Has a soft nipple with excellent flow
- Easy to use for age-appropriate kids to use
- Difficulties in fitting the lid right
9. Dr. Brown’s Soft Spout Transition Cup – Best Transitional Cup
This sippy cup features a one-piece, leak-proof silicone spout valve that makes it easy for your little one to sip liquids with their tiny mouths. It has removable parts that you can also assemble with ease, a feature that makes it easy to clean.
The cup is recommended for kids of six months of age and above and can hold a capacity of 100ml of liquid. It has sturdy contoured handles that make it easier for kids to get a comfortable grip when drinking from it.
You can measure the amount you want your baby to take with ease since the cups container comes with accurate markings. You can also see the quantity that remains in the bottle and hence determine the much she has taken with ease since it’s very transparent.
The cup is also dishwasher safe and therefore convenient and easy to clean.
- Has a one-piece leak-proof silicone spout that makes it easy for your baby to sip liquids with ease.
- Has parts that are removable and easy to clean and assemble
- Has sturdy contoured handles that enable kids to maintain a firm grip
- All parts are dishwasher safe and thus easy to clean
- Removable for easy cleaning
- Easy for kids above the age of six months to use
- Sturdy and therefore long-lasting
- No negative points were observed.
10. Beebaby Twin Handle Spout Sipper Cup – Best Affordable Sippy Cup
The cup conforms with all international standards of safety hygiene and therefore very safe for your little one to use. With it, your baby will learn how to self-feed and become independent. It has two easy to grip handles that will make the training process much more comfortable.
This cup comes in attractive print, a feature that makes it visually appealing to kids. The cup is ideal for drinking all kinds of liquids, including soups, juices, water, milk, among others. It is odorless and thus best for your baby.
The cup is very safe for your baby to use since it contains 100% BPA free materials. It has a leak-proof cap and will never spill any liquid. You can, therefore, carry it with ease and also have nothing to worry about if you place it in your baby’s bag.
It comes with a locking cap that prevents dirt and dust particles from entering your baby’s drink. It also contains smooth edges and will never hurt your baby’s teeth or gum. With it, your little one will learn to feed on themselves with a lot of ease.
You can also use the cup as a regular one by just removing the spout.
- The cup is leak-proof and therefore no spills or messes when your baby uses it.
- Odorless and therefore, safe for your baby’s use.
- Has easy to grip handles and smooth edges.
- Comes in attractive print that makes it appealing to your baby.
- It is light in weight
- Safe for drinking and comfortable for your baby to transition
- Locking cup keeps it safe from germs
- Solid and long-lasting
- Not suitable for warm drinks
11. Munchkin Miracle Stainless Steel 360 Degrees Sippy Cup – Best Steel Cup
If looking for a sippy cup for your baby that will help keep your baby’s drink’s cool at all times, you surely should give this one a try. It is vacuum insulated to keep drinks cool for about 15 hours. With it, your baby will enjoy taking his drinks at any time during the day.
When using the cup, your baby does not have to press buttons or sip on straws or spouts. All she needs to do is pick the cup and sip from anywhere along the rim. The bottle doesn’t have a spout, and this makes it easy for your baby to transition to a regular cup.
This 360 degrees’ stainless steel sipper bottles for babies will become your great aid when traveling with your baby. It has 360 degrees sipping edge that seals itself automatically after a sip. It automatically seals itself after baby sips the drink and therefore leak-proof.
Drinking from any part of the rim makes it work just like a regular cup and helps support your baby’s mouth muscle development. It comes without extra valves or parts thus very easy to clean. It is also dishwasher safe.
- Made from high-quality stainless steel thus very long-lasting
- Premium insulated vacuum-sealed to keep your baby’s drinks cool for long hours.
- Your kid can sip from any place around the rim
- Cup seals automatically after your baby’s sips thus leak-proof
- Completely spill-proof
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to clean with no valves or straws
- Keeps drinks cool for long
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to choose right sippy cups according to the age of baby?
According to different ages of babies, there are a lot of sippy cups available in the market. It is recommended that you should choose the right sippy cups to make your kids learn effortlessly.
4-6 month: The cups have features which are similar to the sipping bottles. They offer small changes that mimic the training cup-like handles and have a soft spout. There are products that have been labeled as ‘bite-proof.’ Early learners are often teething, and they tend to bite objects.
6-12 months: Choose a cup that has a handle along with it. This would make it easier to hold the cup. You should go for a Straw sipping cup as babies must have learned how to keep the cup. The weighted straw cups are a better option since they feel inclined to tilt while drinking.
2. Are straw sippy cups bad?
Straw sippy cups are recommended for those kids who are in the learning stage. This is the best way to prevent any spillage, and the risk of dental problems is also minimized.
3. How do I transition my baby from using a bottle to a sippy cup?
For a start, consider using a plastic water bottle with a spout and a fold-out a straw. With it, your baby will start learning how to drink from a straw. Also, you can use the feeding bottle for a few minutes and then switch to a sippy cup. After a while, your baby will gradually get accustomed to using it.
4. At what age do baby’s use sippy cups?
You can give a sippy cup to your baby as early as when he attains six months of age or even earlier. The earlier you start training your little one, the better. Some parents, however, prefer to introduce their kids to sippy cups at around 12 months of age.
5. How do I clean a sippy cup?
Some cups are very easy to clean because they are dishwasher safe and will only require you to place them in the top rack. The first thing you need to know is that you should clean your baby’s sippy cups immediately after use.
Hand cleaning a sippy cup is also easy since all you need to do is to disassemble it. You’ll need a cleaning brush and hot soapy water to complete the process. After that, rinse it thoroughly with clean water. Before assembling the pieces back, you have to air dry them.
Most do not come with extra valves or spouts and will only take you a few minutes to get them spotlessly clean.
6. When should my baby stop using a sippy cup?
Don’t let your baby use the cup after he attains the age of 2. What you should remember is that the cup only acts as a transitioning tool for your baby to get to use regular cups.
7. Are sippy cups bad for my kid’s teeth?
Drinking from a sippy cup is almost the same thing as sucking from a feeding bottle. Should your baby use the cup for a long time, she can suffer from tooth decay. You should, therefore, ensure that your baby only using the cup during meals and snack time.
8. How often should I replace my baby’s sippy cups?
Just like any other baby feeding product, do not leave your baby to use a sippy cup for more than two months. Kids are very delicate beings and contract diseases with ease. The frequently you change the cups, the better.
9. Are sippy cups dishwasher safe?
Most of these cups are dishwasher safe, a feature that makes them very convenient to use. You should, however, place them in the top rack of the washer as it gets less hot when compared to the bottom one making them easier to clean.
10. Are sippy cups microwave safe?
Avoid placing the cups in the microwave at all costs. When you warm your baby’s food in the microwave in plastic, it will leach into your baby’s drinks, making it dangerous for your baby to drink. If you don’t want to put your baby’s health at risk, do not microwave his drinks.
If you want him to enjoy a warm drink, you can dip the cup in a container with warm water. Microwaving the cup can also leave it with hot spots that can burn your baby’s mouth, thus not advisable.
11. Must I get a sippy cup for my kid?
You do not have to use a sippy cup if your baby has no problem using a regular cup. What you need to know is that all cups promote your kid’s development as they require him to use his tongue and mouth differently. Cups also help in strengthening your baby’s mouth muscles.
12. What is the best sippy cup that can help my baby transition from bottle feeding with ease?
The best sippy cup is one that works for your baby. You can’t purchase a cup just because a friend told you that it’s the best. The cup might work for her kid and fail to work for yours. You might even have to try several cups before you get the right one for your baby.
13. Must I sterilize my baby’s sippy cups?
Yes, you must, that is, if you care about the well-being of your kid. Sterilizing your baby’s feeding products only helps in keeping her safe from disease-causing germs. Get a cup with removable parts to make this exercise much more manageable. Sterilize your baby’s cups, and you’ll never have to worry about her health.
The Munchkin Miracle Sippy cup comes with all features a sippy cup should have. Though pricey, the cup will help your baby to transition from bottle-feeding with ease and learn to feed himself after a short time. The cup is perfect for nightstand as it will never spill liquids on your bed or in your baby’s changing bag when traveling. It will help your baby to develop strong mouth muscles within no time.
With this guide, you’ll get what you’ve been looking for. All the listed cups work great, and whichever you decide to go for, you won’t get disappointed. Go through it all, and you’ll not only get the best cup for your baby but also equip yourself with ideas on how to help him use it. Help your baby to learn to feed on a sippy cup with any of the ones listed above. Happy shopping!