Best Baby Feeding Pillows
Having to look after one’s child is no mean feat. Baby feeding pillow is one of the baby feeding essentials that every mom should have at home.
It does not matter if you are a new mom or well versed with the different breastfeeding positions; a nursing pillow or baby feeding pillow cannot be overstated. This nursing pillow is expected to save one’s back and shoulders and also help you relax in order to allow the milk to flow well for feeding the baby.
While looking for the best baby feeding pillow, there are various things to consider, like shape, size, weight, material, etc. We have created a complete guide to help you understand the difference between nursing and normal pillow, types of nursing pillows.
Best Baby Feeding Pillows in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Portable Breastfeeding Pillow
Best Baby Feeding Pillow for Twins
Great for supporting mom and baby
Best Hypoallergenic and Non-Toxic Feeding Pillow
Best C-Section Feeding Pillow
Most Secured and Safe Baby Feeding Pillow
Best Quality and Durable Baby Feeding Pillow
Best Maternity Nursing Pillow
Best Baby Self Feeding Pillow
What Is the Difference Between a Feeding Pillow and Normal Pillow?
A feeding pillow is entirely different from other regular pillows in the market. With the conventional bed pillows, they are usually soft to allow the baby to sink quickly. The breastfeeding pillows should be rounded enough to snuggle against one’s abs. It is known to be firm enough to keep the child positioned enough when feeding.
How Do You Use a Feeding Pillow?
The use of a feeding baby pillow is dependent on the sitting position while breastfeeding the baby. Here are some ways in using a baby feeding pillow
- When sitting down on a comfortable chair, with your child sitting across the mother’s laps, it is important to position the pillow in a way that it gives the baby’s head and neck the needed support. This feeding position is important for newborns whose neck is still not strong enough.
- When feeding your baby in a position where the child is positioned on your side while holding the baby under the arm, feeding pillows will help to place the baby and you comfortably.
- For mothers that wish to feed their babies while they are lying on the back, the mother’s body tends to act as the feeding/nursing pillow in this case. A feeding pillow might not be needed here.
- For mothers that wish to bottle feed the baby, a feeding pillow can still be used to support the baby while feeding.
- Feeding pillow is also necessary for mothers that had a C-section delivery. This helps to reduce the strain of holding the baby while feeding.
Functions and Benefits of a Baby Feeding Pillow
The baby feeding pillow has a different purpose depending on the features that it comes with. This feature provides various benefits to nursing mothers and the child. It is necessary to understand the benefits one stand to derive from them before purchasing any of the products. Here are some benefits one can derive from the use of the feeding pillows
- It helps to hold the body of the baby while feeding securely.
- The baby feeding pillow help in relieving the tension on the hand, arms, back, neck, and shoulders of the mum while feeding the child.
- With the aid of the baby feeding or nursing pillow, a nursing mom can readily shift his or her arms to a certain degree when feeding the child.
- Feeding baby pillow enables nursing moms to feed twins or hold other items while breastfeeding the baby without the need for a third hand.
- It provides convenience during traveling, as it can be used for the support of the baby as they begin to take their first step.
- It helps in support of the baby’s head, neck, back, and the body while positioning the baby’s mouth and nose to face the mother’s nipple.
The Different Types of Feeding Pillows
There are several different shapes and sizes of nursing pillows to help moms with their aches, pains, and feeding issues. The foam filling and poly fiber are the most commonly used to give unique shapes to the feeding pillow. Here are the different types of baby or nursing pillows that you can find in the Indian market.
The crescent roll pillow shape is made in a way that it forms a crescent roll. This is relatively different from a full C-shaped type. It has some variances in the thickness of the arm. This crescent roll type of feeding pillow may look more like an L.
The O-shaped type of baby feeding pillow shape wraps fully around the body. It comes with an adjustable strap that helps to keep the pillow fully secured around the nursing mother’s body.
This O-shaped designed baby feeding pillow often comes with a different design. It can either come with a full pillow that can be wrapped around the mother’s body while others come in an elongated C-shape or crescent shape.
The C-shaped baby feeding pillow has a look at the letter C. This is seen as the most popular type of baby feeding/nursing pillow in the market. One of these factors that makes it stand out is the ease of traveling with it. It is also an essential item that can be used for supporting the baby as they start the process of sitting.
The feeding baby pillow can also come in different other designs due to the improvements in technology and other factors. Some design comes in a way to help mother recovering from C-section. Some include Best Nursing Pillow for C section, Breastfeeding pillows for twins, and many more styles.
Features of Baby Feeding Pillow
This is another factor to consider when purchasing. Where will you be staying in feeding the baby? Will that is in the bedroom, the kitchen, or does you go out more often and may require you to use it outside? Depending on where you might be wishing to stay in breastfeeding the child, it is necessary to determine the style of feeding pillow to get.
The portability of the baby feeding pillow is also essential in determining the type and style to purchase. Will you need to travel with the baby feeding pillow, on the road, the car, or outside the home? Then it is necessary to go for the one that is easy to carry around.
Cover and Pillow Materials
The quality of the baby feeding cover and material is essential in determining which to purchase. It is necessary to go for a cover and material that is fully synthetic, cotton, organic cotton, synthetic cotton blend, and natural materials.
Note that each of these materials has advantages and disadvantages. It now falls back to one’s preference in choosing the one to go for.
The overall experience, feel and quality of your nursing pillow will depend on its filling material. Let us provide you some insight on different types of material below –
- Buckwheat Husk – It is a natural, safe, and easy to mold material. It easily takes the shape of the head and neck. However, it is not washable and creates noises that may disturb your baby.
- Feather or wool – This type of filling is not in use anymore. Feather/wool might cause unwanted allergies to your baby. Also, this material is not washable and long-lasting
- Hollo fiber – This is a synthetic polyester material that is lightweight, warm, and breathable. It is affordable however, it loses its elasticity easily.
- Polystyrene Balls – These are soft, airy, elastic, light, and comfortable fillings. It molds according to the baby’s body shape and has some orthopedic properties that give extra comfort.
- Foam Rubber – It is a type of non woven fabric which is used as synthetic filler. They are very cheap but they do not contour the shape of the body which makes the pillow uncomfortable.
Frequency of Nursing
Depending on the age of a baby, the frequency of nursing varies. If you are buying the feeding pillow for newborns, you should opt for good quality, a comfortable pillow that is long-lasting.
Almost all the baby feeding pillows are adequately padded. However, it is essential to get a pillow with the right mix of softness and firmness. An infant’s most comfortable feeding position is when she lies with her neck straight on a firmly padded pillow.
If the pillow is too soft, the baby’s head may sink lower which may lead to uncomfortable feeding.
The durability of the feeding baby pillow is also important in selecting the ideal choice. For a durable product, it should be able to retain its shape each time it is washed.
Don’t fall for the deception of just going for an attractive nursing pillow that will become lumpy or flatter after the first six months.
The Ease of Cleaning
The ease of cleaning the baby feeding pillow is important because it is certain that they will be some spills and spit-up during the feeding period.
So this will require one to clean the feeding pillow regularly. It is also important to note if the feeding pillow can be hand wash or machine washed.
The cost of purchasing the baby feeding pillow is also high to note. If you are expected to use the pillow more often, or for multiple babies, then it is important to go for the very durable ones that usually come expensive.
Size plays a vital part in the buying of a baby feeding pillow. Most mom prefers a larger baby feeding pillow to allow the baby a sizable spot for them to lie on while feeding.
Other moms might prefer a portable and compactable feeding pillow to enable them to carry it about while feeding the baby.
Design and style
This is a feature that is important in selecting an ideal baby feeding pillow. Most of this feeding pillow comes in different designs and styles. This is dependent on personal preference.
1. Kradyl Kroft Baby Feeding Pillow – Our Pick
The kradyl Kroft is a multipurpose feeding pillow for kids. It contains a pillow and a pillow cover. It has a detachable zippered cover that also comes with a baby hoop.
This hoop can be used for infants to young toddlers. It can also be fixed whenever one needs it for the child to play or rest on when older.
With the use of the kradyl kroft baby feeding pillow, there will be no need to use a belt around the waist. Mom can pull the two end of the feeding pillow, and it will quickly get adjusted on the waist. It is so easy to use.
- Ideal for babies within 0 to 4 years of age
- Has a product dimension of 23 x 25 x 65 inches
- Easily adjustable
- The product contains a pillow cover
- The weight of each leg of the product is 10 inches and a height of 6 inches
- The product can be used for five different purposes
- The product is free from allergen
- The product is packed in a thick kradyl Kroft zippered bag
- Has an infant hoop belt for the child playtime
- It is Hypoallergenic
- Made from MicroFibre to give the product a gentle firmness and support while you are feeding the baby.
- It helps in support of newborn babies at the right height during feeding
- It is designed in such a way that it reduces back pain and slouching
- Ideal for kids to play with
- It is slightly overpriced
- It does not come with an attached pillow extension to support the back
2. Bottom Genius Baby Feeding Pillow – Best Portable Breastfeeding Pillow
The bottom genius feeding pillow is a genius feeding, and infant support pillow is a must for nursing mothers. It acts as a support pillow for mothers that are breastfeeding. The bottom genius helps to lift a baby into a more ergonomic position than to give one a great comfort while breastfeeding or bottle-feeding the child.
With the use of this feeding pillow, relief is then giving to the nursing mom’s arms and back.
With this product, one can easily bond with the new baby while feeding them. It can also be used for different purposes at the different growth stages of the baby. These stages include the propping period, the tummy time, and when the child is learning how to sit.
It also acts as a support as the baby develops, making it an ideal option for an infant to use until they get to age three.
- It comes in beautiful designs and prints
- The baby feeding pillow is made from cotton material
- It has an item weight of 989 g
- It is made in India
- It comes in a fit all sizes
- Acts as a support for long feeding sections
- The baby sleeping pillow comes with a ten days replacement warranty for any error or defects
- The product quality is high
- Easy adjustable for different feeding positions
- The white cover that it comes with is not ideal for infants as it can get dirty quickly.
3. GoodLuck Baybee Portable Breast Feeding Pillow
GoodLuck Baybee Portable Breast Feeding Pillow is made of 100% cotton pillow protectors that are woven tightly for ultimate protection, breathability and comfort. It is an infant support pillow for baby and mothers.
It has a long curved design that supports suitable resting postures for a calm, relaxing space for feeding babies. It is also useful for mothers while nursing to help support their back in sitting position.
- It comes with a Nordic black cross design and slipcovers that allow switching of looks
- The patterns on the pillow are gender neutral and perfect for all parents and babies
- The zipper is hidden on the inner part to ensure zero discomfort
- The cushion cover is hypoallergenic and provides comfort according to external temperature
- The size and ergonomic design help in providing superior back support while nursing
- It is made using 100% cotton material for good protection, breathability and comfort
- Cleaning the slipcovers are easy as it is machine washable
- No negative points were observed so far about the product
4. MomToBe Twin Feeding Pillow – Best Baby Feeding Pillow for Twins
The MomToBe twin feeding pillow is a 100 percent cotton material pillow that gives comfort and stability for the child while feeding. So many issues are faced when feeding kids, such as the issue of posture and mostly for a twin.
Due to the nature of the product, which involves the consistency and specificity of the padding, mums can now maintain a very comfortable feeding position. This postures aids in the reduction of stress on the back, arms, shoulders, and the neck of the nursing mom.
One other feature of this product is that it comes with an encircling design that keeps the mother and baby safe. The MomToBe twin feeding pillow also comes with a handy pocket that helps in keeping the water bottle or the burp cloth within reach of the mom.
It is worth noting that the feeding pillow also offers relief to babies from other forms of stress and tension that comes with feeding.
- It comes with firm support that helps in the positioning of the baby during feeding
- It comes with a strap that can easily be adjusted
- It can buckle fit securely around the mother’s waist to prevent pains during feeding
- Comes with an undulating surface that helps in easy circulation of blood
- It comes with an encircling design intended to keep the mom and baby
- It comes with a removable slipcover that is machine washable
- The product comes with a zippered closure
- It comes with a handy pocket that can help in keeping the water bottle or burp cloth
- The product has an ultra-soft form for the perfect cushion
- Ideal for twins
- The product is made from cotton materials
- It has an item weight of 449 g
- With the well-designed nature of the product, it gives both the mom and child comfort and security
- The product helps in the prevention of back pain and gives a comfy posture for the baby. It also reduces gastric reflux and swallowing issues
- It can cover the waist completely for comfort and support
- The product is quite expensive
5. Baybee Feeding Pillow – Great for supporting mom and baby
The Baybee New Born Portable breastfeeding pillow for an infant is a must-have for most moms in India. It is good to support mom and baby when feeding. This feeding pillow is designed in such a way as to meet the needs of the baby and mother.
It is designed to help in the resting of the baby during feeding. It is made in such a way that it supports the baby’s head and neck while feeding in a comfortable position. While baby regurgitates while sleeping, the feeding pillow helps in the elevating of the baby’s head.
Also, this baby feeding pillow is ideal for newborn and tender aged babies. It is also a lovely choice for travel purposes due to its portability.
- Made from luscious and soft fabric
- The pillow is a multi-functional pillow (Mom and baby breastfeeding, propping and bottle feeding)
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- The feeding pillow is made from a cotton shell that is filled with a washable anti-bacterial polymer
- The product comes with an extra absorbent fabric
- It is seen to be breathable
- It has an item weight of 499 g
- The product is a long curve designed
- The feeding pillow is machine washable
- It is a handy product for the support of a sitting position while nursing the baby
- With the size and ergonomic design, it can help in support of the baby’s head while feeding
- One other advantage is that its pillowcase is very smooth and helps in the protection of the baby’s skin from irritation.
- Foam degrades over time
6. Lula Mom Nursing Pillow – Best Hypoallergenic and Non-Toxic Feeding Pillow
The Lula Mom nursing pillow is a lovely feeding pillow for kids. It is allergen protected and comes with an add-on loop. This pillow helps to enhance the feeding journey and also the lactation period.
The nursing pillow comes with a removable and washable cover and other attached soft toys, napkins, and other feeding essentials that will be needed.
The Lula pillow is seen as a curved pillow and helps in the various feeding posture. With the ergonomic design and size, it helps in support of the back while feeding the baby.
It is also used as a support for your child as they learn to sit upright. It can also be worn around for proper feeding and nursing support
- The product is allergen protected
- Comes with some add-ons like soft toys or napkins
- The cover is Removable
- Comes with an item weight of 998 g
- The feeding pillow is made of a cotton shell
- It comes with a washable anti-bacterial polymer
- It comes with an outer cover that is made from soft cotton
- Convenient for traveling
- It comes with an easy to clean and washable case cover
- It acts like total protection for both the baby and mum
- The quality of the product is good
- A very smooth pillowcase that provides users with a calm feelings
- The stitching of the cover of the feeding pillow was not done properly
- The product is not soft enough
7. Get It Feeding Nursing Pillow – Best C-Section Feeding Pillow
The Get it feeling the nursing pillow is a Primera portable breastfeeding pillow that is 100 percent cotton. This 100 percent cotton pillow helps in the protection of the mom and child. With the cotton pillow protector fully woven, it protects it from degradation, makes it comfortable and breathable.
The cushion cover is seen to be hypoallergenic and can fit into a standard nursing pillow.
Another unique feature of Get it feeding nursing pillow is the feasibility of the cotton materials that feel nice to the touch on warm days and still provide one with warmth on cold days.
- The feeding pillow cushion cover is hypoallergenic
- Long durability because of 100 percent cotton that it is made from
- Comes with a gender-neutral design
- It gets more comfortable after each wash
- Made from breathable cotton that also sheds any pills in the wash
- The hidden zipper helps to give maximum comfort
- Option to use any side of the feeding pillow
- Ease of removal and insertion of cushion
- Item weight of 449 g
- It is an ideal fit for C-section moms as it helps to prevent back pain during feeding
- The product comes with great design, quality, and comfortability
- Designed by doctors
- The ergonomic design and size help to support the back while feeding
- Microfibres often start coming out of the pillow.
8. BAYBEE Nursing/Feeding Pillow – Most Secured and Safe Baby Feeding Pillow
The blossom nursing and feeding pillow for a newborn baby is easy to adjust the nursing pillow. It helps to elevate the baby to the ideal nursing height. With the help of this baby feeding pillow, babies having reflux can be supported.
The feeding pillow can be adjusted into different nursing positions, which include the football positions and the cross-cradle position. It also gives an ergonomic position, which gives relief to the arms and back.
With the different latch design to support the feeding of the baby, the cross-cradle (on your lap), and the football hold at the side. This football hold is perfect for a mom recovering from C-section as it reduces pressure from the incision site.
When we talk about safety and stability, BayBee Blossom is the one to look out for. Its non-toxic material makes it safe for kids to play with at any time. Every point of the product is designed in a way that your baby is safe from harm and discomfort.
- The feeding pillow can be adjusted into three different positions as the child grows
- An ideal product for newborn baby breast and bottle feeding
- It is fully certified with EN71 which is the stringent certification for the safety of babies and toddlers
- The product is made from 100 percent non-toxic cotton, eco-friendly materials
- It supports a variety of nursing positions such as Neutral Position- Cradle & Cross Cradle, Maximum Elevation- Upright or Angled, Moderate Elevation- Clutch, or Football.
- They are exclusively designed by Doctors.
- It gives an ergonomic position to reduce arms and back strain
- Can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- It can easily be folded when traveling or on the go.
- Machine washable on gentle cycle and tumble dry low.
- Made from cotton materials
- Item weight of 349 g
- The product has a good quality.
- It comes with no straps that can be noisy, and it is easy to carry about.
- Can be used for both nursing, tummy time and sitting period of the baby
- It can also help to keep the baby from toppling over when they start learning how to sit
- The product is easy to store and clean
- It is a bit expensive
9. MomToBe Feeding/Nursing Pillow – Best Quality and Durable Baby Feeding Pillow
The MomToBe cotton is a fabric feeding and nursing pillow that is ideal for the provision of support when feeding the child. The feeding pillow helps in the prevention of back pain and the rounded posture of the spine while breastfeeding the baby.
It offers the baby a great comfortability and makes the mum’s life smooth while breastfeeding.
- The pillow is 100 percent cotton fabric and front pocket
- The feeding pillow help in the protection of the mummy waist
- A wrap-around nursing pillow design
- It is ideal for a recommended ages of 0 to 9 months
- The material of this product is made from cotton
- It has an item weight of 200 g
- A product dimension of 10 x 2 x 10 cm
- Comes with an additional pillow
- The feeding pillow provides great back support for mom and the kid
- The product comes with a pocket to keep the water bottles, phones, burp cloths, and other breastfeeding pillows
- It often causes imbalance and can be slippery
- The belt requires it to be longer for it to adjust properly
10. Motherly Baby Feeding Pillow – Best Maternity Nursing Pillow
The motherly baby feeding pillow is a nursing pillow for all mothers. This feeding pillow comes within an attractive design that is easy to put on and take off. This makes it easy to wash and an ideal choice for every mom.
- The product is made from 100 percent cotton for the cover
- The motherly baby feeding pillow package comes with one mom pillow and one baby pillow
- The core part of the product is made from 100 percent polyester
- It is machine washable
- It can withstand years of washing
- It has an item weight of 776 g
- It comes with a package dimension of 37 x 35 x 4 cm
- Gives relief to the arms and the back during breastfeeding
- It is easy to wash using the washing machine in the gentle cycle
- The feeding pillow is known to be very durable
- It is designed in a way that it provides an ergonomic position during breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Relatively small in size
11. WeKidz Baby Self Feeding Pillow – Best Baby Self Feeding Pillow
The WeKidz baby self-feeding pillow is an ideal alternative for baby self-feeding. It is beautifully designed with a puffed and cotton soft material that gives the child the needed comfort while feeding. It provides great support to the child and also relieves stress on the arm, shoulders, and hands of the mom.
It is lightweight and can easily be carried around even while traveling. It is also ergonomically designed to ensure that the baby’s neck is not strained while feeding.
- The product is ergonomically designed
- Can be used for multipurpose use of feeding and neck support
- A beautifully designed baby feeding pillow
- Lightweight for traveling
- An ideal option for feeding and a self -feeding pillow
- Made from cotton material
- Comes with an item weight of 99.8 g
- The feeding pillow is machine washable with cold on gentle cycle
- It comes with a transparent net cover bag that can be used to watch the milk volume always
- It comes with a detachable bottle-feeding
- Ideal for kids between 0 to 9 months of age
- The feeding pillow is very soft, breathable and skin-friendly
- The baby feeding pillow saves nursing moms from the hard task of holding the feeding bottle
- The product is made from soft and quality fabrics that make it stand out
- It is advised not to feed the baby in a reclined or lying position, and that is how this feeding pillow was designed
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I keep my kid still and calm while nursing them?
While feeding your baby either by breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, make sure that their head is properly adjusted and latched. This will help to keep them comfortable and prevent let-down reflex
2. Is Feeding/ Nursing Pillow that important?
Yes. Feeding or nursing pillow is essential to nursing moms as it helps to reduce strains that come with a marathon breastfeeding. It also gives the nursing mom the chance to do other stuff while feeding the baby with the self-feeding pillows.
3. What are feeding pillows made of?
This baby feeding pillows are often made from polyesters or cotton, which gives them a durable and soft nature.
4. Can the baby feeding pillow be washed?
We do not encourage washing the baby feeding pillow. But like every feeding pillow, it comes with a detachable pillow cover that can be machine washed and tumbler dried on cold, gentle cycle. We recommend that the pillows should be sponged clean or gently hand washed
5. Is baby feeding pillows a fit all size?
No. All baby feeding pillows are not fit all sizes for nursing moms, but most are adjustable, and that allows it to fit perfectly.
6. Can a baby feeding pillow be used to feed twins?
Yes, it can, as long as it is big enough to accommodate the babies. You can also go for the specially designed products made for twins either.
7. How long can I use the baby feeding pillow?
This depends on how fast your baby grows. But the baby feeding pillows can mostly be used for babies between 0 to 9 months.
Nursing a child is often a tedious task, and with the help of breastfeeding back support pillow, one can comfortably breastfeed or bottle-feed a baby for an extended period.
For nursing mums in India, our review conducted from the numerous baby feeding/nursing pillows is the market, we picked out the best nursing pillow – Kradyl Kroft 5 in1 Baby Feeding Pillow, Bottom Genius Baby’s Feeding Pillow and MomToBe Twin Feeding Pillow/Nursing Pillow due to their multipurpose use, durability, and designs.
Most times, new moms see this as a luxury instead of a necessity, but this should not be seen as such. The reality on the ground is that newborn babies can feed for up to 45 minutes for a pop.
Therefore this helps to reduce the stress and strain that comes with this stressful task. Without this, you are most likely to witness strains and pains in the arm, shoulders, neck, and back. It can also lead the baby not to be in the right position while feeding.