Best Baby Milk Powder
Breast milk is the best milk you can give to your child as it provides all the necessary nutrients that help in the development of a healthy body. The ingredients are dynamic and essentials to fulfill your growing baby’s needs.
However, sometimes it might not be possible to give your baby breast milk, and that’s when you’ll have to use baby milk formula. It is nutrient-rich and will help your baby grow healthy even without breastfeeding.
As a parent, we pay so much attention to all the baby food that we feed our baby, but what about baby milk formula? There are many brands providing milk formula, but which one to go for?. This article will help you find the best milk formula for your baby.
You need to know the nutrients your baby requires at a particular stage. In the beginning, you may have to try out a few brands to see what works best for your little one.
By going through this review, you’ll learn the different forms and types of best formula milk for babies you can get in the Indian market today, the advantages of feeding your baby with formula, how to prepare formula milk for baby, tips on feeding the baby properly and also what to consider before buying formula for your baby.
The review will also narrow down your search for the best formula as it contains 13 formula milk for babies from different brands that will keep your baby well fed.
Top 14 Best Baby Milk Powders In India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best affordable formula
Best affordable formula
Best affordable formula
Best for Brain Development
Best formula for breastfeeding transition
Best formula for breastfeeding transition
Best formula for gas
Best baby formula for gas
Best baby formula for breastfed babies
Best for Baby’s growth and immunity
Best lactose-free formula
Forms of Baby Milk Formula
There are three forms of baby milk formula;
Ready to Use Formula
This form of formula comes ready to use as it doesn’t require any mixing or measuring. Anybody can help you feed the baby since they won’t have any difficulties in preparing. All they have to do is open the can and serve the baby.
This formula is also the safest to feed your baby with, especially if worried about the safety of the water. There is also no danger of contamination, something that can arise when preparing the other forms of baby milk formula.
The only downside of these formula forms is that they have a short shelf life. These formulas also come at a very high price.
These formulas take more time to prepare and require you to be extra careful, especially with the water for mixing it. You have to ensure that the water is clean and safe to use.
Baby powdered milk is given in a sippy cup so that it mixes well, and it is easier for babies to sip on milk. These formulas have a long shelf life and also the least expensive.
These formulas require you to mix equal parts of formula and water. You, therefore, need to be extra careful when preparing to ensure that you get the right measurements.
When making the formula, ensure that you go through all the instructions carefully. These formulas are cheaper than the ready to use ones but more expensive than the powdered ones.
Advantages of using baby milk formula
Even though you can’t compare milk formula with breast milk, still here are a few benefits of feeding your baby with formula.
Breastfeeding makes the mother the only person who can feed the baby. As a result, the mother gets little to no time to relax as they have to be around the baby at all times. Running some other errands around the house also becomes a problem if they are on their own.
When using a baby milk formula, anyone can feed the baby.
You will be able to share feeding duties with your spouse, especially at night, when struggling to sleep. You will also get the chance to return to work after your maternity leave.
No maternal restrictions
When breastfeeding, the mother has to take special foods and also get restricted from taking some drinks.
On the other hand, with formula feeding, you get the chance to eat everything that you like. You’ll also have no problems when taking medications since there won’t be risks of passing it to your kid.
Bonding with other family members
A baby will always connect with the person that feeds them. That’s the reason why kids bond fast with their moms. Formula feeding allows almost everyone to feed the baby, giving them a chance to bond.
Your baby will get a close connection with the father, relatives, caregiver, and any other person that takes time to feed them.
Enables you to know the exact amount that the baby is taking
When formula feeding, you have to give your baby the required amount according to the provided instructions. You’ll also be able to measure the amount that the baby should take at a particular time.
This practice gives you the chance to know how much your baby takes every time for them to get satisfied. When breastfeeding, you can never tell the amount of milk your baby has taken.
No worry about production
Sometimes when breastfeeding, the mother may produce little milk and fail to satisfy their young one fully. To regulate or increase the amount of milk, the mother has to take special foods.
When formula feeding, you will never have to worry that your baby won’t get enough milk to satisfy her. All you’ll have to do is measure the required amount, prepare and feed your baby.
No worry if mom falls ill
A problem always arises when a breastfeeding mom falls sick. She might be too weak to breastfeed the baby or taking medications that restrict her from breastfeeding. There will be no repercussions even if the mother falls ill if the baby feeds on formula.
One can regulate a routine
When using a formula to feed your baby, you can regulate a routine of feeding him. You’ll get the time and frequency that your baby feeds and thus always have his formula ready by that time.
When breastfeeding, you can never regulate a routine as breastfed babies suckle from time to time, making it difficult.
No worry about privacy when feeding in public
Some moms feel insecure and embarrassed to breastfeed in public and have to look for private places to feed them. With formula feeding, you’ll never go through all that. You’ll feed your baby comfortably even in public using a baby feeding bottle. Quite an easy task!
Give moms the freedom to dress how they like
Breastfeeding curtails moms from wearing some clothes because these clothes make it difficult for them to breastfeed. However much they like a particular outfit, they may never get the chance to wear it, not until when the baby becomes of age.
Feeding your baby with formula gives you the opportunity to dress in whatever outfit you want.
Contain important nutrients
When feeding your baby with milk formula, you won’t have to worry about him not getting essential nutrients and vitamins. Most formulas contain vitamin D and iron that are essential to young kids.
How to Prepare Formula Milk for Baby
Preparation of formula milk is relatively easy than it sounds. No matter which product you are using for feeding your baby, you need to make sure that the utensils are completely clean to avoid any health problems with your baby.
Check its expiry date: Firstly, no matter how reliable a brand is or whoever brings it, never forget to check the expiry date. You definitely don’t want to take any chance with your baby’s health, right?
So checking before opening will help to replace if you find an expired product.
Don’t Accept Damaged Packaging: Formula products are formulated after going through several checks. Moreover, these are kept in airtight containers to ensure safety and hygiene.
In case you observe even a tiny defect, replace it. Never forget that it will allow bacteria to grow inside it, which is dreadful for your infant.
Prepare The Bottle For Use: Sterilizing is an important step both before and after use. Take a clean pan and sterilize it first. Once you have boiled the water for five minutes, put the bottle inside the pan in the warm water. Cover the lid and let the water boil for another five minutes.
Don’t forget to put the nipples along with the bottle cap inside.
Each and everything needs to be clean and safe. Once done, cool the entire utensil, but don’t take the bottles out unless you are using it.
Pour Sterilized Water: Boil water in another clean utensil and then pour it inside the bottle. You can keep a clean bottle with water at room temperature just to make sure that the water is not too hot.
Take mostly warm water and always make sure to pour water first and then the powder.
Add Stated Amount of Milk Formula: Once your water and bottle are ready and you have poured the right amount of water, make sure you take the scoop to put the powder inside. Add the stated amount of powder as it will help their little stomach to digest easily.
Don’t think that your baby will grow faster if you feed more. It is absolutely wrong and can be dangerous for the baby’s health.
Close and Shake: Once you have poured the right amount of water and powder, take the lid of the bottle (make sure that the nipple has cooled down) and tighten it. Once it is securely closed, shake well so that the powder mixes well and becomes easy for them to digest.
NOTE: Make sure you clean your hands as they carry the most number of bacteria which are invisible. To clean it, use simple disinfectants (without any fragrance) available for hands. Don’t use any fragrance as your baby might be allergic or not like it.
Tips to Observe When feeding your baby with Baby Milk Formula
- Ensure that you will only feed your baby as much as it can take, forcing more can lead to many problems.
- After feeding, always keep him upright and also limit his playtime after feeding. You do not want your baby to start vomiting moments after feeding.
- Never heat the bottle you’ll use to feed your baby using a microwave. Ovens heat unevenly and will leave hot spots on the bottle, which can burn your baby’s mouth.
- Wash your hands with unscented soap before preparing your baby’s feeding bottle.
- Ensure that you keep the prepared baby formula in the refrigerator and only get it when you need it. Never use it if it exceeds the storage period. Most prepared formulas last just for 24 hours.
- Always clean your baby bottles and nipples and sterilize them before using them to feed your baby.
- Never give cow’s milk to babies younger than a year old.
- Always discard the unfinished milk.
- When feeding the baby, ensure that you hold him at all times. Never leave him unattended as this may cause choking.
- Always use the instructed amount to feed your baby. When preparing the formula, avoid using lesser scoops than directed. Doing so will make the formula less concentrated, denying your baby the right amount of water they require.
Types of Baby Milk Formula
Cow’s Milk-Based Formula
These formulas are nutrition-rich and have cow milk as the main ingredient.T o make it easy for babies to digest, manufacturers alter the milk’s protein. A lot of kids like this formula and also do well with it.
These formulas contain soy protein. These formulas are useful for some rare metabolic disorders that require specific nutrition like galactosemia.
If you want to exclude animal proteins from your baby, these are the best options for you.
These formulas are the best for kids that are allergic to other formulas. Hydrolyzed formulas contain broken down proteins that are easier for your baby to digest. The formulas come at very high prices.
If your baby is lactose intolerant, you’ll need to get them a lactose-free formula. This doctor may recommend you to get him soy formula or any other where a different sugar like the corn syrup replaces lactose.
This formula is recommended for low birth weight or premature babies.
These formulas have more calories and proteins to help your baby grow and gain weight fast. The formulas also have more easily absorbed fats called medium-chain triglycerides(MCT).
Your kid’s doctor will advise you on the formula to select to help your baby gain the right amount of weight.
Buyer’s Guide for Formula Milk for Baby
There are different formulas for kids of different ages. Ensure that you purchase formula for your baby’s age.
The reason for this is because different formulas have a different nutrient composition for different ages. A formula for a toddler should never get fed to a newborn and vice versa.
Ensure that the formula you get for your baby contains iron. You need to keep in mind that even breastfeeding mothers get a supplement source of iron for their kid from time to time. Iron helps in supporting your baby’s brain development and thus very essential.
You should only avoid feeding your baby some formula rich in iron if his doctor advises you against using it.
Get a formula that contains these synthesized versions of fatty acids. Breast milk contains these fats, DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) and ARA (Arachidonic acid), that promote healthy brain and eye development.
Probiotic and Prebiotic
Probiotic bacteria reside in the gut and help to break down food and keep your baby safe from disease-causing bugs.
Consider getting a formula with these components, especially if your kid suffers from diarrhea after taking other formulas.
Prebiotics, on the other hand, stimulates and supports probiotic growth. If you usually alternate breastfeeding and formula feeding, you do not have to use a probiotic formula as breast milk has it already.
Before you start using a specific brand or type of formula, ensure that it’s available in your local market.
You do not want to purchase a formula that you can’t find when you want to replace it. Such a situation might give your baby a difficult time trying to adjust to another formula altogether.
You need to know whether your baby will tolerate the formula first before buying it. Ask the seller about the taste and smell of the formula, if possible. In the beginning, however, you’ll have to do a lot of testing until you get the one that suits your baby.
After feeding your kid with the formula for some time, you need to be able to tell whether he is growing appropriately. If not, it’s time you got him a new baby milk formula.
Baby milk formulas come at a very high price, meaning that you’ll have to consider your budget before you set off to purchase one.
Look for a formula that comes at a lower price but will still work for your baby. You should never compromise the quality of a formula you intend to feed your baby because of the price.
1. Farex 1 Infant Formula
Farex 1 infant milk formula is ideal for babies from birth up to six months. It consists of 100% vegetarian milk substitute and various ingredients like demineralized whey & whey solids, partially skimmed milk, lactose, groundnut & soya bean oils, soya lecithin, minerals, vitamins, taurine and L- carnitine.
This infant formula helps in the overall growth and development of the infant, thus ensuring good health.
- Whey predominant formula in this powder builds immunity while stimulating faster digestion.
- This formula has lactose, which supports the growth of good bacteria that maintains a healthy digestive system.
- It contains Nucleotides which supports and strengthens immune function immunity.
- Iron and vitamins A, C, E, and B support brain and immune function growth and development.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids help in visual and brain development.
- It comes with a feed cup that helps you in preparing the proper feed.
- Comes at an affordable price range.
- It has the least sugar content.
- The consistency is thick, and thus it keeps the baby full for a long time.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Aptamil Stage 1
The Aptamil stage 1 infant formula is ideal for infants from birth to six months of age. It contains DHA, ARA, iron, nucleotides, and folic acid. It has balanced and age-appropriate nutrients that help in overall growth and development.
It is an ideal nutritional supplement for children below one year. It provides the infant with iron and hemoglobin forming constituents. The milk powder also helps in the storage and transport of oxidative metabolism, proliferation, and cell growth.
- DHA is an essential omega 3 fatty acid which helps in brain and visual development.
- Folic acid contributes to the development of genetic materials of cells (DNA), which is very important for growth and development.
- It helps in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen.
- Iron forms a vital part of hemoglobin, myoglobin, and enzymes.
- It helps in the carrier of oxygen in electrons.
- It fastens various biochemical reactions by acting as a catalyst.
- This product does not lead to gas issues or motions.
- It dissolves immediately in water.
- This product is 100% vegetarian.
- No negative points were observed so far.
3. Similac Infant Formula
Similac from Abbott Nutrition has set the standards for science-based infant nutrition worldwide for more than 85 years.
This formula milk is ideal for babies from birth to six months. It contains neuro-nutrients such as Omega 3, Zinc, Taurine, and Choline to support brain development.
It also contains essential vitamins to support the baby’s developing immune system.
- The formula milk has essential nutrients for a baby’s brain development like Vitamin A, antioxidants, Vitamin C, and E, known for a baby’s immune system development.
- The powder milk contains calcium, Vitamin D, and phosphorus that is good for the baby’s bone development.
- Supports healthy growth and development of the baby.
- Value for money.
- As compared to other formula milk, Similac 1 has a lot of moisture.
- May cause digestion problems in some babies.
4. Nestle Lactogen 1 Infant Formula – a Best affordable formula
This formula works best on infants of up to six months of age. The formula has all the nutrients that will enable your kid to grow healthy and improve in weight. For strong bones and teeth, the formula comes with vitamins and iron nutrients.
The formula also contains all the essential nutrients like zinc, iron, and fatty acids that help babies’ brains to improve and also develop. Feeding your baby with this formula will make his stomach full and also make him less fussy.
The bag in box format of the formula enhances safety, hygiene, and convenience. After using the formula, ensure that replace the lid tightly at all times. The formula comes with a scoop, which you also need to wash thoroughly and dried after use.
After opening the contents, you should only use it for three weeks, about which you have to discard the remains.
- Contains all the necessary nutrients required for your baby’s growth and development
- Comes with a scoop to enable you to measure the right amount of content
- The bag containing the formula comes enclosed in a box for safety, hygiene, and convenience
- Best for kids from birth up to six months
- Easy to prepare
- Helps the baby to increase in weight
- Comes at an affordable price
- Keeps the baby full for long
- Has a short shelf life
5. Dexolac Special Care Infant Formula
Nutricia is one of the most trustworthy brands when it comes to baby products. They have been in this business since way back and making top-quality products at an affordable price.
This powder is manufactured with all the protein and vitamins, so your baby’s overall growth and development increase. Most of its products can be used within 0 days of age to 24 months of age. This baby food is mainly for premature babies. Let’s talk about this product in detail.
- Contains nutrients such as Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Vitamin D that will help in developing the bones stronger.
- Baby milk powder is specially designed for premature babies and for the baby’s who are born with a lesser weight of 2.5 kg.
- The taste of this milk powder is decent, so the baby does not reject this baby food.
- Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Selenium, and Zinc that increases the immune function.
- It contains milk protein only that is – 60% whey protein and 40% casein that is very easy to digest for a premature infant baby.
- Milk powder contains around 79-80kcal per 100ml of this; it means the growth of the baby will increase rapidly.
- The product is FSSAI approved, and also there will be an FSSAI mark in front of the box for you to be sure which means it is entirely safe to consume for your baby.
- The pricing of this product is very decent and affordable.
- Omega 3 acid, Taurine, Choline, Iodine, and Iron will make sure that the brain development of your baby is steadily happening.
- There are other vital nutrients in this baby food, such as lactose, carbohydrate, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Sodium, and many more. All of these fulfills the human body’s every need for protein and vitamin.
- The baby might not like the flavor of this milk powder.
6. Enfagrow A+ Nutritional Milk Powder – Our Pick
This formula will work best for your 2years and above old kid and helps alleviate deficiency of all essential body nutrients. The formula also helps to meet the required RDA levels.
It contains triple health guards that contain various essential nutrients as well as probiotics that support your baby’s immune health.
The formula contains DHA plus, vitamin B6 and B12 folate, iron, and zinc. These nutrients will help your baby’s brain to grow and also make him intelligent. Your baby will also get strong bones and teeth with the help of this formula.
Of all the other baby milk formula brands in India, this formula has the expert-recommended level of DHA. With it, your baby will grow healthy and improve in weight and height within no time. Your baby will also grow intellectually, emotionally, and also develop in his communication skills.
Get this formula for your baby is looking for one that will support his immunity, brain development, and overall physical growth.
The formula comes with a scoop to help you scoop the exact amount of formula when preparing it for your baby. Always store the dry scoop in the same can.
- Has health guards that support your baby’s immune health
- Contains vitamin B6, B12, and zinc to support your kid’s overall health
- Has DHA plus and vitamins that help babies to grow intellectually, emotionally and also improve their communication skills
- Meets the required RDA levels that help in alleviating deficiency of all essential body nutrients
- Very healthy and hygienic for baby’s consumption
- Useful and safe for two years and above old kids
- Has lots of supplements essential for babies
- Has a good taste
- Best for fussy eaters
7. Nestle Nan Pro 1 Starter Infant Formula – Best for Brain Development
If looking for a formula for your baby that will provide him with all the required nutrients to help him develop his brain as well as keep his body well protected from diseases, this formula is to go for. The formula contains DHA, a synthesized fat that will support his brain development.
This formula also contains whey proteins, Iron and zinc, and Vitamin A, C, and These vitamins help your baby to develop strong bones and teeth. With this formula, your baby’s nails and hair will grow as well as make his skin to glow at all times. His weight and height will also improve drastically.
Even though a mother’s breast milk can never get compared to any milk formula, this formula from Nan Pro will provide your baby will all essential vitamins that he would get from breast milk as well. What you should do is ensure that you do not use more scoops than directed when preparing the formula.
This milk formula comes properly sealed in a bag in box format to enhance safety, hygiene, and convenience. The formula comes with a scoop to make your work easier.
- Contains DHA and ARA that help your baby’s brain to grow and also keep disease bugs in check.
- Has zinc that helps him to add weight and height
- Contains vitamin D, C, and A that helps your baby to develop strong bones and teeth
- Comes with a scoop to enable you to get the powder from the bag with ease
- Helps your baby to gain weight
- Provides kids with the best nutrition ever
- Enables babies to sleep well
- Keeps your baby stomach full
8. Hypoallergenic Elecare
Elecare is part of the Abott Group that offers wellness products. The kid’s drinks that contain all sorts of needed nutrients for better development.
This milk formula from elecare is 100% amino based protein powder is hypoallergenic making it apt for infants from the age of 0-12 months who are lactose intolerant or allergic to milk protein. It is nutritionally complete and enriched with iron and DHA so that it is able to promote the growth and development of your little bundle of joy.
Elecare is a healthy alternative to breast milk.
- Weight: 400 grams.
- Suitable for allergic infants of 0-12 months age.
- Comes with amino acids that are allergen-free and non-allergenic.
- Does not contain lactose, soy protein, milk protein, fructose, gluten, or galactose.
- Comes with DHA and AA.
- Enriched with iron.
- Nutritionally complete.
- Aids in growth and development.
- Ideal for babies with GI disorders and severe allergies.
- Product is non-vegetarian.
- Has a very bland taste.
9. Nestle Nestogen Stage 1
The Nestle Nestogen stage one can be fortified with cereal. It is suitable for your baby’s growth and development because of the presence of folic acid, taurine, and choline. In fact, it is easy to digest and comes with a good taste making it ideal for baby’s up to 6 months.
- It is a spray dried milk formula for infants.
- Suitable for infants up to 6 months age.
- Weight: 400 grams.
- Fortified baby cereal with milk.
- Contains 43.5% milk solids.
- Supports your baby’s immunity.
- Easily digestible.
- Good taste making it easy for the parents to feed the babies.
- Strengthens bones and enhances the development of the brain.
- No negative points were observed.
10. Nutricia Dexolac Stage 2 – Best formula for gas
The Dexolac Nutricia Stage too spray dried milk formula is great for babies after 6 months of age. It ensures an ample amount of iron to prevent anemia. On the other hand, it also enhances the growth and development of your little one.
- Weight: 400 grams.
- Includes nucleotides, iron, and folic acid.
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- Ingredients include water, partially skimmed milk, edible vegetable oil, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, maltodextrin.
- Suitable for babies after 6 months of age.
- Supports the overall growth and development of your baby.
- Supports the development of the brain and strong bones.
- Ensures optimum iron to prevent anemia.
- Can generate too much foam.
- It takes time to dissolve.
11. Similac Advance Infant Formula – Best baby formula for gas
This formula has nutrients such as Omega 3 that helps in brain development and function as well as six fatty acids (DHA and ARA). The formula also contains iron, taurine, iodine, folic acid, zinc, and chlorine, all of which help to support your kid’s brain development.
The formula also contains Vitamin D and phosphorous that help in supporting your kid’s bone development. The formula contains all the essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals to support the healthy growth of your baby.
The jar comes with a filled foil pouch that seals it protecting the contents from contamination. After opening the foil, use the formula for two weeks, after which you should discard the remaining content. Also, avoid using the formula past the expiry date.
To keep the formula protected, always put the foil pouch back. Snap shut the lid and store the jar in a cool, dry place and not in the refrigerator.
- Contains omega 3 and fatty acids that help in brain development
- Has vitamin D and Phosphorus that support your baby’s bone development
- Contains minerals that help your baby to grow healthy
- Has a foil that seals the jar keeping the formula safe to use for two weeks
- The formula helps to minimize baby spit ups
- Best replacement for mother’s milk
- Helps kids suffering from constipation
- Fast digestion
- Has a short shelf life
12. Enfamil A+ Stage 2 Formula – Best baby formula for breastfed babies
This formula is a follow up of stage 1 and will help your baby to continue growing up to healthy and full of life toddler. Using this formula is almost like feeding your baby with breast milk as it contains all the important nutrients necessary for your baby’s growth.
You should feed the formula to a kid between 6 and 12 months old if you want it to improve his immune system as well as his overall growth and development.
The formula contains DHA and chlorine as well as Omega 3 that help in his brain development. It will help your infant to improve emotionally as well as intellectually. Using the formula will enable him to improve his communication skills as well.
The formula also contains iron and other essential nutrients, all of which help in making his bones and teeth strong. It also has a little amount of lactose, and with it, your baby won’t suffer from spit ups. This formula also contains prebiotics that helps to keep your baby safe from diseases.
- Has chlorine and omega 3 that help in brain growth and development
- Contains iron that helps in strong bone development and teeth
- Has important nutrients that make it the closest formula to breast milk
- Contains prebiotics that keeps his natural defense strong
- Very easy for kids to digest
- Enables kids to have soft stool
- A great alternative to breast milk
- Prevents baby from suffering from gas
13. Farex 1 Infant Formula Refill – Best for Baby’s growth and immunity
This formula provides tailored nutrition that will support your baby’s growth, development, and immunity at all stages. With it, you won’t have to worry about your baby’s brain development or whether she’ll get strong bones and teeth with time. The formula has your back.
The formula comes with a PRECI CUP to enable you to prepare your baby’s feed. You don’t have to purchase the bowl to use during the preparation. The formula supports easy digestion with the help of whey protein.
With this formula, your baby will never have stomach upsets.
The formula has nucleotides and zinc that help to support kid’s brain development and immune functions. As a result, you’ll have a healthy baby that won’t disturb you at any time of the day. Your baby will also sleep peacefully after taking this formula.
This formula has 100% lactose that helps to support probiotics that help to keep your baby healthy and safe from stomach upsets and diarrhea at all times.
- Contains all essential nutrients needed to promote the health of your baby
- Comes with a cup to help you in preparing the feed
- Has zinc and nucleotides that support kids brain development
- Has 100% lactose that supports probiotics which then help to keep kids healthy at all times
- Reduces gas making your baby comfortable
- The best milk for the baby to gain weight
- Comes at an affordable price
- Relieves kids of stomach upsets
- Forms lump even after mixing
14. Neocate LCP Infant Formula Powder – a Best lactose-free formula
If looking for a formula to help manage your kid’s cow milk allergy, this is the formula to go for. The formula contains nutrients that will give relief to your baby. The formula is a sole suitable source of nutrition and will help your baby to grow healthy.
The formula lacks lactose and will work best for a baby who only feeds on lactose-free formulas. It helps in the dietary management of food protein intolerance. With it, your trips to the doctor because of allergies will come to an end.
You will not find any other hypo allergic infant formula in India, if not this one. The non-vegetarian product will keep your baby happy, safe from allergies, and with a full stomach.
- Lactose-free to keep your baby safe from allergies
- Contains nutrients that help to give babies relief from cow milk allergy
- The sole source of nutrition for your little one
- Has nutrients that help to manage kids’ food protein intolerance
- Helps to relieve babies of cow allergies
- Helps to manage food protein intolerance in babies
- Provides kids with nutrients if suffering from special medical disorders
- Lactose-free and thus best for kids allergic to sugars
- Easy to prepare
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What formula is best for babies with allergies?
Extensively hydrolyzed or hypoallergenic milk formula is best suited for babies with allergies. They are nutritionally complete making it ideal for children who cannot tolerate cow milk protein or are lactose intolerant.
2. Is formula milk good for babies?
Milk formula is healthy alternatives to breast milk as they are nutritionally complete and provide all the nutrients required by your baby for growth and development.
3. Is it safe to feed my newborn baby with powder formula?
If you choose to feed your newborn with formula, ensure that you use the ready to use type at the begging. You can afterward feed your baby with powder formula after two months if you can’t afford a liquid formula.
4. Can I add cereals to baby milk formula?
Do not add any ingredients to milk formula unless your kid’s doctor advises you to do so. Baby milk formulas come with a lot of nutrients to help your baby grow healthy. Adding other substances will only put your baby’s health at risk.
5. When should I change my baby’s formula?
When to change your baby’s formula will depend on how your baby behaves after taking the formula. For example, you don’t need to be told to change a formula if your baby vomits at all times after taking it.
You can change the formula in case of excessive crying or fussiness after taking the formula. Also, constipation and extra gas on your kid should alert you that you need to try another formula instead.
6. How much formula can I feed my newborn baby?
In the first four to six months, you should feed your baby 2.5 ounces of baby milk formula per pound of his body weight per day. For example, if your kid weighs 4 pounds, you should feed him with about 10 ounces of milk formula in 24 hours.
7. What will happen if I switch breastfeeding and formula feeding?
At the start, your baby might reject the formula or take just a little of it since the taste of breast milk and formula varies. You shouldn’t get worried, though, since your baby will afterward get used to it.
8. How will I know that I need to increase my baby’s formula?
When feeding your baby, you’ll know that you need to increase the amount of formula when he finishes taking the feed you had already prepared for him and seems to want some more. If that happens frequently, you’ll know that it’s time to give him more.
Also, when you need to know that the amount of formula a newborn takes differs from a toddler’s. The more the baby grows, the faster his digestive system works and thus the need to take more food.
9. How long should my baby feed on formula?
Feed your baby with milk until your doctor recommends to switch. It should be his main drink, after which you can feed him full cream milk from a cup. After 12 months, that’s when you need to introduce cow milk to him as well as solid food.
10. What should I do if my baby rejects baby milk formula?
The good thing about baby milk formula is that they come from different brands and have different tastes. If your baby rejects one formula, try feeding him with another one until you get one that works for him.
11. Can I prepare my baby’s formula using bottled water?
There’s no need to go for bottled water when you can instead use tap water. In fact, tap water is the safest since you don’t know the standards used in the process of filtering the battled one. Whatever water you choose to use, ensure that you sterilize it first.
To sterilize the water, pour a cup of the tap water into a saucepan and put it on a stove, and let it boil for about a minute. Remove the water from the boil and let it cool to room temperature.
12. How thick should I make my baby’s formula?
When preparing your kid’s formula, you need to follow all the instructions provided to make the process successful.
You should thus not be too concerned about the thickness or thinness of the product at all if you followed all the instructions provided by the experts. You do not want to mess around with the health of your baby, as well as his overall growth and development.
Our top three picks from the best baby formula reviews are; Enfagrow A+ Nutritional Milk Powder, Nestle Nan Pro 1 Starter Infant Formula,Hypoallergenic Elecare in the review, and Farex 1 Infant Formula Refill ranked 10th in the list.
Nestle Nan Pro infant formula supports kid’s brain development and has all the essential nutrients to help your baby gain weight and also keep him full for long.
Enfagrow A+ Nutritional Milk Powder Formula, on the other hand, comes at a high price but the best replacement for breast milk. With it, your baby will get all the nutrients that a mother’s milk can provide and help your baby grow healthy each day.
Farex Infant Formula comes at a reasonable price and will still provide your baby with all the essential nutrients to help his brain grow to get strong bones and teeth.
All the formulas in this review will help you feed your baby. Even though none can entirely replace a mother’s milk, these formulas will make your baby get all the nutrients required for his overall growth and development.
Select the one that you feel will work your baby and match your budget as well. If one fails to work for your kid, you can always try another one.