Top 8 Air Cooler Under 10000 Rupees
An air cooler is a An air cooler is a type of heat exchanger device that cools or dehumidify the air. It functions are similar to that of an evaporator. It is a low energy consumption device and an easy to buy alternative to an air conditioner.
In simple terms, they cool the air of the area they are placed by using a water evaporation technique. It is an environment-friendly device, which means it doesn’t emit harmful gases like CFC into the environment.
Water alongside glycol can be used as a coolant in air coolers because its heat capacity and low cost makes it a suitable heat transfer medium. Some secondary coolant can also be used as a heat transfer medium for air coolers.
Well, air coolers are available in different types and has a specific way of working. It is vital for the buyers to have a complete understanding about the product before buying. So to help you throughout the buying process, here we have included the working of the air coolers, types of air coolers, a smart buying guide, FAQ and the top air coolers under 10000.
So let’s dig in.
Air Cooler Under 10000 Rupees
Our Pick- Product produces less noise
Good for hall and medium size room
Easy to use
Good for long hours cooling
Light weighted product
Working of An Air Cooler
An air cooler can have a cooper or a steel pipe onto which aluminum fins are fitted. Cooling medium placed inside the air cooler will flow through the heat exchanger to cool the aluminum fins where heat is exchanged between the cooling medium and the air. The air which has been cooled is moved over the aluminum fins by a fan. With this, the air in that workplace is purified and cooled.
Air coolers can be used in buildings, and for industrial air cooling processes. It creates proper ventilation because it absorbs the air and make sure the room is much more relaxed, and it doesn’t reuse the air but make sure the flow of air is in a good state. Due to the amount of water it makes use of, it can store a large amount of water for domestic use.
For an environment that has a dry climate, an air cooler will be the best choice because it can regulate air temperatures by evaporating water, which finally adds humidity in the air. It can spread cooler air into broad areas just like the way a fan does without consuming so much electricity. Air cooler can reduce the effect of breathing problem, skin and eye irritation, and other irritation caused by hot, humid air.
They can be used in cars to circulate the hot air and reduce the temperature in the whole area of the vehicle. Several attempts have been initiated to develop an air cooler device since 1906, but a standard design which includes a water reservoir, a pump to move water over the pads, and a centrifugal fan to draw air through the pads became an official patent for air cooler in 1945. The license was noticed and observed by William H. Goetti who later produced a unique air cooler consisting of a combination of a refrigerator and an evaporative cooling air conditioner.
After purchasing an air cooler, to use an air cooler, you have to fill its internal tank with water. Adjust the required setting and then put it on to dehumidify the air.
Types of Air Cooler
There are different types of air cooler, namely;
Personal air cooler
The personal air cooler is designed for humid weather conditions. It fits well in a small room or specific areas of a large room. It doesn’t produce cooling effects that cover large areas when in use, but it works fine when placed in a confined space.
It’s affordable and more comfortable to store. It’s portable, and it consumes lesser energy than the other types of air cooler. During operation, it produces less noise making the room quiet, especially when you are sleeping.
Desert air cooler
Desert air coolers are designed for mostly dry climate regions. It has a large size with a big inbuilt fan which can cool a room within a limited time frame. It comes with a substantial water tank to accommodate a large amount of water. It cools the environment and also every corner of the room. Desert air coolers can also be used for outdoor purposes.
Tower air cooler
A tower air cooler comes with a sturdy base, and it can be stationed at a place. It has a shape that looks like a tower, and it distributes cool air vertically. The vertical distribution of cool air reaches further and faster into every area of the room. Most tower air cooler comes with a unique style and color.
Direct evaporative air cooler
Direct evaporative air coolers are portable or windows unit air coolers; they’re the most popular air cooling system available today. Direct evaporative coolers can be a good alternative for air conditioning in a particular climate.
It comes with a large fan that pulls warm air through a dampened sponge-like pad and distributes the cool air to the interior space either through ducts or directly. It is necessary to leave the window open to allow the cool air to circulate the room. It works best in a hot or dry climate.
Indirect evaporative air cooler
Indirect evaporative air coolers have its principle similar to direct evaporative air cooler, but the main difference is a heat exchanger is used to cool the air supplied to the room.
Warm air from outside is blown through a heat exchanger provided with water. As the warm air passes through the heat exchanger, the water dissipates, and the metal tubes in the heat exchanger are cooled. The cool air from the evaporated water is distributed to the outside. The indirect evaporative cooling system provides cool air without much humidity. It is designed with two fans, and it consumes a lot of electricity.
Two stage evaporative air cooler
The two stage evaporative air cooler is a combination of the direct and the indirect cooling system. It is the most advanced cooling system, it is more energy efficient than standard air conditioning.
The two stage cooling system can provide cool air with a relative humidity that’s sufficient. They consume less electricity than other conventional refrigerant system.
Buyer’s guide gives you the details you need when purchasing an air cooler under 10000 rupee of your choice. So, here’s a list of the guides necessary to obtain an air cooler under 10000 rupee for easy use.
The cost of buying an air cooler should be taken into consideration. Most air cooler with high functionality is expensive; this is because their system is built with compact electronics for a valid result, while some are affordable with less functionality.
Air conditioners are also a great choice, but it’s expensive price tag might become a problem for many. Some high capacity air coolers are also accessible but choosing the best option is based on your decision as to what you can afford.
It’s paramount to know how durable an air cooler is before buying it. To be sure of obtaining a durable air cooler, it’s essential to see the description or customer review of the air cooler this will give an idea of how sustainable the air cooler is. In choosing an air cooler, you need to cross-check its design before buying it, as this will be very convenient to use.
Water tank capacity:
The water tank capacity of the air cooler is also a significant feature to consider. The air cooler works based on evaporating cooling method. The larger the water tank, the more extended hours it will take to produce cool air.
Desert air coolers are designed with water tank capacities of between 30 – 50 liters, while personal air coolers have water task capacities of between 20 – 29 liters. Therefore, select the right size water tank capacity when buying the air cooler.
Cooling pads are also essential when purchasing an air cooler. They have a great significance in the cooling capacity as they absorb water to let air flow through them.
Also, consider the material of the in-built cooling pad which is usually made of either cellulose or aspen, thicker cooling pads are better at cooling than thinner cooling pads. Aspen cooling pads (wood wool pads) are cheap and will require consistent maintenance, while cellulose pads are thicker and will require low maintenance.
Airflow is significant in purchasing an air cooler. It will be enjoyable to feel cool air at every corner of the room, and this can only be achieved if the air cooler has high air flow.
The air flow can also depend on the type of blower or fan used by the air cooler. You can also consider an air cooler with multiple speed settings so you can control the airflow of the environment.
Ensure that your air cooler is delivered with remote control. Remote control will give you quick access to settings, which you don’t have to go to the air cooler all the time to adjust its settings.
1. Symphony Ice Cube 27 Litre Air Cooler – Our Pick- Product produces less noise
Symphony air cooler is built with a powerful fan, three speed motor, and a three sided honeycomb cooling pads to provide adequate cooling to a room. It was designed with a dura pump technology for pump effectiveness.
It provides channelized water distribution for adequate cooling. It wheels are strong for easy mobility, and it has a water tank capacity of 27 liters. It comprises of multi-stage air purification with a five stage filters to provide protection against dust, smell, bacteria, and allergy.
- Automatic vertical swing.
- 105 watt of power consumption.
- It’s compatible with an inverter.
- It is effective for rooms up to 46 m3
- Fully closable louvers.
- Cool flow dispenser ensures superior cooling
- I-pure technology that prevents air pollutant from entering the air cooler.
- 42mm crystal clear lenses.
- Strong wheels for easy movement.
- It produces less noise during operation.
- High capacity for water storage
- Honeycomb ensures better than a blower
- Cool flow dispenser.
- Wheels make mobility easier
- No user manual
- It’s not good for large rooms.
- Small tank size.
2. Cello Osum 50 Ltrs Desert Air Cooler – Durable product
It comes with a water capacity of 50 liters, and it’s suitable for rooms’ size of up to 700 sq ft. It’s necessary to always allow cross-ventilation in your area before using the product or else the cooler will not work effectively. The size of this cooler is compact with proper styling.
It was built with an aspen wood wool cooling pads. Water can be poured into the cooler through the back side of the cooler. It has a three-speed motor and a powerful air throw of up to 54ft.This product can work with an inverter.
- Water tank indicator to indicate the water level.
- The dimension of the product is 68.5 cm x 52.5 cm x 101.0 cm
- Compatible with an inverter.
- It consumes 185 watts of power.
- It’s delivered with a user manual.
- It’s designed with a 18-inch fan blade.
- It can deliver air up to 5000m3/hr
- Ten-days return policy.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Produces less noise when in use.
- Remote control for conveniences.
- Great for a huge room
- Good air throw.
- It’s durable.
- It’s a bit bulky in size.
- Short power cords.
- Water inlet can be more extensive.
3. Crompton Greaves Aura Woodwool 55-Litre Desert Cooler – Good for hall and medium size room
It is built with a thermoplastic body, and a water level indicator that indicates the water level is of the air cooler. It comes with four Castrol wheel for smooth movement of the product.
The product has auto-swing louvers for four-way air deflection. It comes with an ice chamber in which ice cubes are kept for additional cooling. It has a water draining plug for easy drainage. It comes with three-speed modes such as High, medium, and low.
- It consumes 190w of power.
- It has an air throw distance of 45ft.
- 4200 meter cube per hour air delivery.
- Wood wool cooling pads.
- Compatible with an inverter.
- Water capacity of 55 liters.
- User manual is included in the package.
- It comes with a motor overload protector.
- It comes with 1year warranty.
- ts compact design occupies less space.
- It has sufficient water capacity
- Commendable fan motor power
- Easy to move around from one room to another
- It has good air flow.
- It’s suitable for hall and medium size room.
- It makes noise when in use.
4. Maharaja Whiteline GLACIO 55-Litre Air Cooler – Easy to use
Maharaja Whiteline air cooler is a desert type cooler which is excellent for cooling large spaces. It comes with a water capacity of 55 liters which is ideal for 750 sq ft room.
It is designed with a high air delivery, heavy air throw, and four way air deflections. It has three speed levels such as low, medium, and high. It comes with a 200 watts power intake, and it supports an inverter. It’s necessary to allow cross ventilation in your area to make the air cooler works very well.
- Rust proof body ensure durability.
- Wood wool pads with ice chambers.
- It is compatible with an inverter
- Remote control for accessing the air cooler from a distance.
- Antibacterial tank prevent growth of bacteria
- The wheels ensure usability
- One-year warranty.
- Large water tank that can produce cool air for long hours.
- Great for medium sizes family
- Strong metal fan.
- Strong body.
- Powerful air throw.
- Easy to use.
- Short power cord.
5. Kunstocom Fiber Kunstochill Lx – Good for long hours cooling
Kunstocom Fiber Kunstochill Lx has an ice chamber for better cooling of the room. It is designed with a thermally re-engineered seamless corrosion free ABS body. It has a nice air delivery, and it’s convenient to use.
- Cooling capacity of 650 Sq.ft.
- Water tank capacity of 50 liters.
- It has the ability to cool 4250 m3/hr
- Ice compartment included for additional cooling.
- Large water tank size.
- Good air delivery.
- It can deliver cool air for long hours.
- Effective cooling for Indian summers
- It’s durable.
- It’s convenient to use.
- Users stated that it is a little bulky.
6. Hindware Snowcrest 23-Liter Air Cooler – Innovative design
Hindware Snowcrest 23-Liter air cooler comes with an elegant design that fits well in any room. It has a louver that prevents dust and mosquitos from accessing its interior.
- It can work with an inverter.
- It consumes 150 watts of power.
- One-year warranty from the manufacturer.
It comes with a humidity controller.
- Sleek design.
- Convenient for use.
- Durable and easy to use.
- Powerful blower.
- The water tank capacity is small.
7. Vistara Scala Personal Air Cooler 30 Liters Air Cooler – Portable product
Vistara air cooler was manufactured with no gaseous refrigerant, and it consumes low power. It’s energy efficient and produces the best performance at all times. It takes fresh air through open doors and windows and provides excellent circulation of fresh air around the room. Its blower and motor are designed to deliver proper airflow for comfort. It is the best portable air cooler.
- The body is made of plastic.
- It has a dimension of 53 cm x 39 cm x 82 cm
- User manual is included in the package.
- One-year warranty from manufacturer plus six-month warranty from seller.
- Works with evaporate air technology
- Effective for large cooling volumes
- It is light weighted.
- It has a stylish design.
- Air flow is very powerful
- It’s easy to use.
- A few users complained that it is noisy.
- No remote control.
8. Orient Electric Smartcool-DX CP1601H 16-Litre Personal Air Cooler – Light weighted product
It comes with a honeycomb pad for optimum cooling, and it cools a room up to 14 sqmts. It has a good air delivery with three control speed such as high, medium, and low. It also has a full shockproof ABS plastic body.
It was designed with an automatic auto fill function, a net to protect against mosquito and dust particles, ice compartment, and four castor wheels for easy movement.
- Water tank capacity of 16 liters.
- It has air delivery of 1300m3/hr
- Compatible with an inverter.
- Densenest TM Honeycomb Pads ensure 45% more water retention and 25% more cooling
- Cools a room of upto 150 square feet
- Remote control for controlling the air cooler.
- Requires 140 watt of power
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Its light weighted.
- It provides adequate cooling of the room.
- It can be placed at any corner of the room conveniently.
- Very easy setup
- It is small in size.
- Not for huge rooms
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use an inverter for my air cooler?
Yes, you can. Most air cooler can work with an inverter.
2. If I purchase a 22 liter tank for how long will it last?
From what is generally observed, a 22 liter tank will last six hour maximum.
3. Is all air cooler noisy?
No, not all air cooler are noisy. Some are coolers are very silent when in use.
4. I misplaced the remote control for my air cooler; can I find another one to buy?
Yes, you can purchase a new one. Contact the product’s customer support to request for a new one.
5. Is it good to keep the window open even if the outside temperature is above 40 degrees?
Yes, open ventilation will give you the best cooling.
6. I just purchased an air cooler and it looks hard to install?
An air cooler is pretty easy to use, it requires no complex installation. Make sure you follow the instruction manual that comes with it.
7. I don’t know the usefulness of the ice chamber on my air cooler?
The ice chamber is a compartment that lets you put ice inside to make the cooler produce cool air instead of warm air.
8. Does the air cooler require frequent maintenance?
The air cooler might not need frequent repairing but it’s important to clean the air cooler often.
Buying an air cooler for humid conditions is very good because it gives you a cool atmosphere when in use. From the above mentioned products, hopefully now it will become easy to choose the best one for your purpose. From these, the top 3 picks best air coolers include Symphony 27 Litre Air Cooler, Cello Osum Desert Air Cooler and Crompton Greaves Aura Desert Air Cooler.
So, with the details provided, you can buy an air cooler that best works for you.