8 Best 1 ton window air conditioner
India is a country which experiences tropical season throughout the year. Our country is blessed with a mix of seasons, the whole year. We have summers, winters and rainy season as well. While in winters we depend on the room heaters, coil heaters and all, during summers, we have to strongly be dependent on air conditioners.
Air conditioners have replaced our traditional method of relying on the ceiling fans. We cannot deal with the air coming from outside the windows as they are hot and scorching. Hence fan would force hot air on u, making summers worse.
Air conditioners come in different size, variety, and shapes. They can be broadly classified into three types mainly,
- Window Air conditioner
- Split Air conditioner
- Centralized Air conditioner.
Earlier, window air conditioners were the trend, every household who could afford had one of these, it became a lifestyle. With the introduction to window AC’s summers became bearable and to sleep in night time became more comfortable.
Regarding the cost-efficient and space-efficient option, window air conditioners have been the best option. Firstly, because it was the only option available to them. Even after the introduction of split air conditioners, they had been the preferable choice because of the fact that the window AC 1 ton are a lot cheaper than the other ones. Still, this option has been widely used and there are many new introductions and inventions to today’s market.
In this article, we will provide all the information on what are window AC? benefits of using one, and a comprehensive buyers guide. We have also put together a list of Our Top 8 Best Window Air Conditioner along with FAQ’s to solve any of your queries.
Top 8 Best 1 ton window air conditioner
What are window air conditioners?
Window air conditioners are the most traditional way of cooling your rooms. As they are bulky and heavy, they can be fit inside the window’s pane and can be operated from there. Depending upon the BTU’s, age of the unit and the room in which it is installed, window air conditioners can call a small room in a very short period.
The working of the window air conditioners can be explained by considering two cycles of air; room air cycle and hot air cycle. The air moving inside the room and those which are located at the front side of the conditioner is considered to be the room air. As soon as we switch on our conditioners, the fan starts to blow. After sometimes, the compressor starts and the evaporating coil or the cooling gets cooled as soon as the compressor is started. The high room air temperature is sucked by the blower behind the cooling coil. On its way, the dust and dirt particles are also carried along through the filters proving that the conditioners can also clean up the dirty air around you.
The air which is sucked along is at high temperature. When this air comes over the cooling coil, it absorbs the heat of the room air and makes it chilled. Due to the reduction of the temperature from the air, some dew is formed over the cooling coil because of the fact that the temperature of the cooling coil is less than that of the dew temperature of the room air. This low-temperature air is then sucked and blown at very high pressure from the duct which is provided on the air conditioners from the front panel or the grill giving a cooling effect inside the room.
Benefits of using Window ACs.
Since the window air conditioners were the first to be introduced and there are newer technologies invented after it, we should look at the benefits and advantages of using it rather than the other ones.
- Affordable Cost: While buying a product, it should not be something which breaks your bank account and something which never fits inside your budget. If you have a smaller requirement such as a small room to cool or something which does not need a great amount of cooling, window ACs are the best option for you. It easily fits inside your budget and does not overburden you with its buying.
- Energy efficient: Window Acs have been an energy efficient option as it does not consume a lot of energy as compared to the other options. If you are smart enough and buy a 5* energy product, you could be saving more on it.
- Easy Installation: Unlike centralized systems, these ACs are easy to be installed and does not take much efforts to be fitted. They are mostly fitted on the window panes of your house. Just install the panes and directly fit inside it. Read the manual, and you would be able to operate it easily.
- Customized cooling: If you want to cool a very small amount of space, you need not to have to rely on the centralized system as they can prove to be very costly and energy inefficient for you. The window air conditioners would be able to easily cool your rooms and provide the best results.
- Compact: designed in such a way that it can be easily fitted inside your bedrooms, bathrooms and office space. Since you need not to have to have big systems for controlling it, these are very compact options.
Buyers Guide for 1 ton window air conditioner
- Look for Energy misers: Always look to buy a product that saves most of your energy. New room air conditioners come along with better insulating material that helps you to give a better sealing unit around the air conditioners so that most of the cool air does not go outside the room.
- Note the noise: Noise plays an important factor while buying an air conditioner. Most of us prefer to use them at night and if your product is too noisy, you might not be able to sleep well and will definitely disturb your sleep. Best air conditioners are those who produce only the noise of the running fans and no other noise which causes disturbance inside the room.
- Window location: Air conditioners do a better job by blowing the air in one direction. If you need to uniformly cool the entire room, you need to know the exact location where to fit the conditioners. You need air more towards the right or the left. Nowadays, most of the air conditioners come along fans which swivel on both sides proving to give out better results.
- Install it correctly: A window air conditioner gives out the best result only when it is installed and positioned in the best way. If you have placed the AC unlevelled, the drainage would be affected. Look around appliances around the units that generate heat from it and always install them away from the ACs.
- Check Filter location: Make sure you position your filters in the best place because you need to frequently access it to clean it after using it for sometimes. Filter cleaning is a very important part while using a window air conditioner.
- Consider Intelligent cooling: With competitions availing between the manufacturers and companies, there are a lot of features added in air conditioners nowadays. Choose something that is intelligent and smart in its work. Easily operable devices are mostly preferred by the users.
- Check the warranty: Different products have different warranty periods. Look at all the specification about the product and its warranty and then only buy it.
- Inside your budget: The most important factor while buying a product is its price. Set a budget inside your head and buy something which fits inside your budget.
- Electrical Requirements: The window ACs is commonly used in every domestic and small commercial place. Before buying the window AC, make sure the electric system supports the ACs and meet the need of the unit’s electrical requirement like voltage, amps, and watts. The window ACs are a bit more powerful than other household appliances so you should check if the model you’re planning to buy needs special electrical wiring.
- Maintenance: Window air conditioners need timely maintenance as they can be exposed to outside dirt and other rubbish, which can gather inside or on the back. The dust on the air filter will eventually reduce the effectiveness of your air conditioner if left untreated.
- Installation: Window AC unit is designed to fit inside standard double-hung windows, but you can install it inside a wall space created especially to fit in the AC. Dimensions of the window should be measured properly especially the width and then compare it with the AC’s specifications. If the window turns out to be narrow, then the custom fitting will be a necessity. But if the window is bigger than the AC make sure to inform the installation service providers who might come with an installation kit. Some window air conditioners feature a removable frame to have easy access to maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency: Search for energy star rating or EER number. The energy star implies that the conditioners will use lesser power than the other non-rated ACs. Go for units with three or more stars. An Energy Efficiency measurement indicates the BTUs used by the unit uses per watt of power. The EER can be around ten. You can save your operating costs by looking for energy efficient units.
1. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, 5W18LC, White)
Blue Star is India’s top air conditioning and commercial refrigeration company, with an annual turnover of over ? 4600 crores. The Company satisfies the cooling requirements of a huge number of corporate, commercial and residential consumers. Blue Star’s LC series takes a superior cooling window AC to make it look stylish.
- The Anti-Freeze Thermostat on the Indoor Coil is a safety feature which stops the compressor, thus protecting the unit. Blue Star outdoor units have been designed and developed for the varied Indian regions for different climatic conditions.
- To facilitate full heat transfer and to increase cooling efficiency, Blue Star’s Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC, 5W18LC is designed with Special Anti-Corrosive Blue Fins to resist corrosion.
- Hydrophilic Blue Evaporator Fins ensures that there is no condensation of the accumulated water which may lead to dust deposits.
- Manufacturer Warranty : 1 year on product, 5 years on compressor
- This AC cools down the room in a few seconds.
- There is absolutely no noise while operating.
- The Unit is a Bulky
- Remote control unit does not explain the functions very well and lacks aesthetic appeal.
2. Mitashi 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC (Copper, MiWAC153v35, White)
Mitashi is an Indian company founded in 1991 with a mission to provide consumers innovative solutions. The company aims to give value to the Indian consumers who seek quality at a decent. The Mitashi 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC is made with hundred per cent copper completely that ensures it has superior strength, dependability, effortlessly easy to maintain, and efficient heat transfer. This aid in increasing the exterior and enhance thermal conductivity.
- The high quality R22 Refrigerant consumes less power. The refrigerant affects power cooling.
- Moving on to turbo cooling mode permits quicker cooling. Turbo function operates at maximum speed. Turbo cooling drops the temperature to a desired level at a very high speed.
- Mitashi Air Conditioners use Hydrophilic Evaporator Coil which reliable. Copper Tube Evaporator & Interconnecting Pipes have a longer life.
- Dehumidification Process removes excess moisture from the room and creates a pleasant atmosphere.
- The Anti-Bacterial Filter has three effects in one: anti-bacteria, anti-virus, anti-allergen protections for a healthier environment.
- Automatic restarting facility will restart and resume unit to the set mode if there is power supply shutdown.
- Warranty: 5 Years Warranty on Compressor and 1 Year Warranty on refrigerant filled inside the compressor.
- The product is value for money
- The operation is silent.
- Cooling is excellent and instant due to the hundred per cent copper
- User Friendly
- The operation is a bit noisy.
- Poor installation service
3. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC (Copper, LWA18CPXA, White)
Lucky-Goldstar famously known as LG. LG is a South Korean company. It is one of the most trusted brands in India for home appliances and electronics. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC, LWA18CPXA is made with 100% copper with ocean black protection.
- Durability can be increased because of the advanced LG Gold Fin anti-corrosive condenser.
- 4-Way Air Deflection includes two ways Auto Swing which moves in both left and right directions and manual vanes (up/down), together give you in desired direction of air.
- Copper Condenser Coil
- Ocean Black Protection can protect specially made for Indian regions which are diversely distributed and constantly affected by sand, salt, industrial, smoke and pollutants.
- Other features include: Antibacterial Coating; Dust Filter; Air Purifier; Dehumidifier
- R22 Refrigerant gas is energy efficient and gives powerful cooling.
- Manufacturer Warranty : 1 year on product, 5 years on compressor
- Not too noisy
- Low operation cost and energy saving.
- Economical and value for money
- No Cons found as per user reviews.
4. Voltas 1 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, 125 DY/125 DZA, White)
The scorching heat of the summer is something that everyone hates about the summer season. All sweat and the tired faces during the summer season can only get better with the help of air conditioners. Voltas 1 Ton 5 Star Window AC is a fine option for the customers as a window air conditioner. Voltas window ac has 5* energy rated that not only gives you relief from the scorching heat and sweat, but it also considers your wallet by using the minimum amount of energy required during its running. With all these features and specifications, it has become one of the preferable Window AC in the market.
- The product is 5* energy rated product which means it gives you relief while paying your electricity bills by consuming a very little amount of energy in its running.
- The condenser type is a Copper type which gives the best result while cooling your room. Now without being hassled about buying a good air conditioner, go for this product.
- It has special features such as auto-restart. Whenever you experience a power cut at your house, after re-power supply, you don’t have to switch it on again.
- It comes along turbo mode which cools your room instantly without waiting for the compressor to switch on after some time.
- High ambient cooling meaning it will make the room cooler even in 50-degree celsius.
- Offers negative Ion Filter & Anti Dust Filter
- Senses the indoor humidity and controls it in the monsoon making the atmosphere in room dry.
- The appliance comes along with a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- It is not too noisy during its operation which does not create a disturbance while you are sleeping.
- Switching to the sleep mode is quite annoying.
5. Hitachi 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (RAW312KWD Kaze Plus, White)
Hitachi 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (RAW312KWD Kaze Plus, White) works silently and does not disturb the users while they are sleeping. Along with that, this window ac hitachi also comes along with the sleep mode which is an added advantage for the users.
- It is designed for cooling a small room with a range of 120sq. Feet area.
- The energy rating of this product is 3* it can save energy consumption and help you save in your electricity bills.
- The Copper type condenser is the best in class which gives you efficient cooling and can make you comfortable inside your room.
- Offers Powerful Mode which lets the speed of the fan super high helping with instant cooling.
- Auto Climate Technology recognizes the climate around and adjusts to the humidity and temperature.
- It comes along with a warranty of 1-year on product and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- Along with that, it is silent during its operation which allows you to sleep silently without any disturbance in your sleep.
- The product has gone through 43 quality tests which ensure that the best quality is presented before you.
- The auto-restart feature allows you to automatically restart your appliance soon after the power-cuts.
- Many users have ststed that compressor fails to start when there is a high temperature around you. (47-48)
6. Blue Star 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (Copper, 3W12LA, Milky White)
With competitions availing in the market, manufacturers are relying on the method of providing the best results to users; then only their product can become a trusted product for the users. Blue Star 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC is also a product that has created competitions in the market because of its splendid features and specifications. While looking at its energy consumptions, it is rated as a 3* product, helping with energy consumption and electricity bill.
- Offers condensers are a copper type which gives out the best result in cooling.
- It comes along with a remote control which lets you enjoy its cooling from even far away. The keys are well defined to make it a best operable product.
- Anti Freeze Thermostat – The anti-freeze thermostat on the indoor coil acts as a safety feature and stops the compressor thus protecting the unit
- Self Diagnosis – Error codes make it easy to troubleshoot issues and you can have the air conditioner up and running immediately.
- It has an energy saving mode in it which helps you to save energy as compared to other modes and still giving the best possible cooling.
- The digital display on the AC allows you to read it easily during the night.
- It comes along with a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- The low noise during its operation is an added advantage for the users.
- No such cons were mentioned.
7. Lloyd 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (Copper, LW12A3F9, Blue)
Electrical appliances become user-friendly only when they interact intelligently. Lloyd 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC is one such product. There must be instances at your home when the temperature fluctuates inside your room and you start feeling uncomfortable due to the present temperature that is set on your AC. The smart air conditioner sets your temperature according to what the temperature is suitable around you.
- The product is designed to use very little energy during its consumption as it is rated as a 3* product.
- Your AC can now convert from a normal one to a smarter one by just putting a small separate PCB along with it.
- It comes along with a non-inverter technology that controls your compressor.
- A hidden intelligent central digital dynamic LED ensures that it displays the operation vividly and clearly. With this feature, it makes the air conditioner user-friendly.
- Offers a remote control which allows you to operate your device even from far away.
- No such Cons were mentioned.
8. Whirlpool 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (Copper, 1.0T Magicool 3S COPR, White)
Now, do not worry about the temperature outside, even at 55-degree Celsius outside, Whirlpool 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC provides you with the best output in cooling your room. Most of the customers are worried about the fact that their air conditioner does not give out the best cooling. Whirlpool guarantees you about it. Along with that, its 6th sense energy saving feature allows you to save a lot of money in your electricity bills.
- The product is designed as a 1-ton window air conditioner which manages to cool a room within 120sq. Feet area.
- It has a Copper type condenser which gives you the best and efficient cooling inside your rooms.
- Japanese Compressor- built in Japanese technology increases the lifespan of AC.
- The turbo cooling feature allows you to cool your room instantly and prevents you from waiting for the compressor to turn on after sometimes.
- The energy rating of this product is 3*.
- MPFI Technology – The advanced Multi Port Fluid Injection uses a unique 4*4 evaporator circuit design for a rapid heat exchange resulting in enhanced cooling capacity and power saving.
- It comes along with a 6th sense energy saving which saves a lot of money by preventing the appliance from consuming a lot of energy.
- It comes along with a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- Offers Sleep Function that maintains the room temperature providing a good sleep.
- Produces a little noise while it’s running.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Cool/Dry mode in AC?
Earlier during the inventions of appliances such as air conditioners and heaters, there was only one mode in which it was to be operated. Just switch on/off your device and it starts to provide you with the normal cooling/heating.
The cool mode is the normal mode in which fan settings are set to be normal and you can control the temperature of the cooling according to your wish and the minimum temperature in which you can set is 16-degree centigrade. degree centigrade.
There are some days in a year, where you feel extra humidity. This must be possible if you are living in an area near the sea. In that case, it is advisable to set your settings into Dry mode. In this mode, the fan speed is set to low and the compressor is on for just a few time just to remove the extra humidity present inside your room.
2. How to clean the air filters?
To ensure the maximum effect of cooling and to increase the efficiency of your air conditioners, it is advisable that you clean your air filters from time to time. It is very easy to clean your filters by just following these steps:The energy used is directly proportional to lower the temperature is set. Ideally, you should set the temperature to 25-
- Open the front grill by pulling it.
- You will find an air filter attached inside it.
- This is a washable part. Pour water on it and brush the inside of the filter.
- Dry and re-fix it at the same place.
3. What tonnage of Ac is ideal for my room?
It depends on the area that your room is having. Generally, a 120 sq feet room requires a 1-ton air conditioner. It can vary depending on the fact that how much insulation you have for that room, it’s positioning towards the sun, how much stories it has above it etc.
4. What is the difference between split ac and window ac?
Whenever a user who wishes to buy an AC, the first thing that comes into his mind is that, which AC should he or she prefer. The difference that arises is that window AC is usually attached to your window panes and split AC is attached to your room walls. Another difference is that Window Ac has a single unit and split AC has two units (indoor and outdoor).
The latter looks more aesthetic inside your room and adds elegance to your room as well. The amount of choices available for them is far better than the window AC. Users should have a clear idea about their choices and needs, should select the best option according to your own needs.
With all these products displayed above, it becomes difficult for you to choose the best product. Looking at all the specifications and features, we would suggest that out of these, Voltas 1 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, 125 DY/125 DZA, White). Due to its 5* energy saving feature, it saves you a lot of energy during its running which further saves your electricity bills. The noiseless operation does not create a disturbance even while you are sleeping. Talking about the budget, it is nominal in the range of air conditioners.
Another product which comes in our list is Hitachi 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC (RAW312KWD Kaze Plus, White) due to its main feature about its noiseless operation. Since it has gone through 43 quality tests, Hitachi assures you that it brings in front of you, the best product. The condenser type gives out the efficient cooling inside your room. Talking about the budget, it is nominal and can fit inside your wallet.