Best Split ACs in India
It is no wonder that split air conditioners are becoming must-have household appliances in our country where the scorching summer temperatures throw life out of gear.
The sweltering heat makes one dehydrated and exhausted by quickly sapping body fluids.
With a split air conditioner, you can heave a sigh of relief and survive the summer comfortably. It maintains a cool and calm temperature inside your home or offices so that you can keep performing your tasks irrespective of the weather outside.
Worried about increased electricity bills after using an air conditioner? Relax, and pick an energy-efficient 5-star rating split AC model that not only provides optimal cooling but also keeps your electricity expenses in check.
Though the initial investment while purchasing the best inverter AC may seem high, in the long run, it will prove to be very pocket-friendly. In this article, you will find all the needed information such as Types of Air Conditioner, Buyers tips to consider while buying an inverter AC, top inverter air conditioner review, and FAQ’s.
Top 9 Best Inverter AC in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
How do Air Conditioners Work?
Air conditioners use a refrigerant that converts the gas to liquid and then back again quickly. The refrigerant transfers the heat that is captured from the air inside the room to the outside air.
An AC has three parts. The compressor, the condenser, and the evaporator. The condenser and compressor are located outside, and the evaporator is inside the house.
The refrigerant absorbs heat from the air and turns into low-pressure gas as it reaches the compressor. The compressor compresses the vaporized gas to a state of high pressure and high temperature.
From a high-pressure compressor, gas flows to the condenser where it is condensed back to liquid state after dissipating heat. The outdoor unit has the metal fins which work as a radiator and helps in dissipating the heat more quickly.
The cooled off refrigerant again returns to the evaporator, where the process repeats until the room has met the desired temperature. Where again, refrigerant absorbs heat from the air and turns to vaporized gas.
Types of Air Conditioners
This type of air conditioner is designed to cool down just a single room. In this, all the components are packed in a single box. It sits in the window and is, therefore, not one of the most favored options.
The compressor and the condensing coils of a split AC are kept outdoors, and the evaporator coils and blowers are inside the house. This ensures that you are not disturbed by the sound of the compressor.
Packaged Air Conditioner
This type of air conditioner is perfect for cooling multiple rooms or a large room altogether. It fits between a split/window air conditioner and Central Air Conditioning System. Packaged Air Conditioner is available in 3, 5, 7, 10, 15 tons.
There are two types of arrangements, in this case, one where all the components are in a single box, and the air is cooled by the capacity blower.
The second arrangement is where the compressor and condenser are packed into one box, from which the gas is taken through single units which are located in individual rooms.
Central Air Conditioning System
This type of air conditioner is primarily used for offices, buildings, factories, etc. The central system is comprised of a huge compressor, which has the capacity to cool multiple rooms at once.
Look out for Energy Misers
Air conditioners come with insulating materials with clear instructions that help you ensure that you are getting a good seal around the whole unit which minimizes the leaks.
Note the Noise
Look out for models that score Excellent or Very Good on the list for noise tests or you should prefer going for soundless air conditioners. If you end up having an air conditioner that has a Fair noise capacity, it will disturb the light sleepers at night when the setting of the fan speed is slow and wakes everyone when on the high setting.
The capacity of the air conditioners should be taken into account after considering the size of the room where you are looking forward to installing the AC.
If taken on a rough measurement, an area of range 120 -140 sq. feet will need an AC with 1-ton capacity; for 150-180 sq. Feet it will be 1.5 ton, and for 180 -240 sq. Feet it will be 2 ton.
Installation and Cartage
You should check whether include installation charges are included in the overall purchase. This differs from company to company.
Check Filter Location
Make sure the air conditioner has easy access to the filter so that you can clean as it easily when required.
Look out for reputed brands that offer long period services that have the capabilities and a wide network that can meet your service requirements. .
All air conditioners come with star-rated efficiency ratings which are implemented by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Any model which has a greater number of stars consumes less electricity.
If your regular usage is more than four hours a day then you should go for an air conditioner that is star rated to 4-5, it will suit your purpose perfectly.
Recently The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has come up with a new method which is called the Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER) for the air conditioners.
This method focuses on the variable temperatures in India and the ratings of the air conditioners accordingly. Consider air conditioners which have a higher efficiency which will give you low electricity bills.
The inverter AC should come with a dust filter that removes all the dust, pollen, bacteria, and other particles from the air. It also eliminates the foul smell and growth of mold from your AC.
A dehumidifier is an important feature as it helps in adjusting the humidity of the air, especially during monsoons when the humidity is high. The air is dehumidified so that it ensures maximum comfort.
Top 9 Star Air Conditioners
1. Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Founded in 1947, Sanyo Electric Works develops unique products and offers excellent products to people around the world. This Japanese company has over 7 decades of experience in delivering quality performance.
The Sanyo 1.5 ton 3 star AC brings you the latest technology with the Sanyo inverter series. The AC is equipped with full inverter technology, PM 2.5, dust filters, and many other features that meet all your needs.
The AC has an energy-efficient compressor that adjusts power according to head load. It makes very less noise and is suitable for medium sized rooms.
- The advanced inverter of this appliance is equipped with 2 independent motors that ensure fast and energy-efficient cooling.
- Its inverters come with built-in inverter 2.5 and anti-dust filters that remove dust, pollen, and particles.
- Glacier mode gives you jet-speed cooling and slows 35% higher fan speed than normal. This provides instant cooling in less time.
- In case of sudden power cuts, the AC has an auto-restart function which automatically resumes the original setting when the power is back
- It comes with a self-diagnosis feature that displays error codes on the temperature display area.
- The ergonomically designed AC remote is backlit. It glows in the dark for easily operating temperature control and ON/OFF buttons.
- Corrosion-resistant hydrophilic fins ensure longer life of the condenser.
- The sleep function auto-adjusts temperature for a comfortable sleep.
- With higher ISEER, the AC is energy efficient.
- The timer function lets you switch off and on the AC automatically.
- The appliance comes with a year warranty on product and condenser and 5 years warranty on the compressor.
- Copper condenser ensures longer AC life with faster heat transfer and resistance to corrosion.
- The AC perfectly fits your modern décor with sleek and elegant design. It also features a hidden temperature display that adds beauty to it.
- The AC uses R32 refrigerant which is environmentally friendly. It protects the condenser from accidental fire while not harming the ozone layer.
- Services charges are pretty high.
2. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This LG AC comes with the best energy efficiency with an annual energy consumption of 835.50 (KWh) units. The dehumidifier adjusts the humidity accordingly so that it ensures maximum comfort, especially during monsoons.
The AC is best suitable for Indian regions affected by sand, salt, pollutants, and industrial smoke because of its copper condenser and Ocean Black protection.
It ensures superior cooling performance even during high ambient temperature so that you get maximum comfort at all times.
The model also comes with a dust filter and dehumidifier. The dust filter removes all the dust mites, pollen, and other harmful particles from the inverter AC so that the air we breathe is fresh and clean.
- Capacity: 1.5 ton for medium size rooms (111 to 150 sq ft).
- Has a dual Rotary Inverter Compressor that ensures faster cooling with more savings.
- The condenser coil is made of 100% copper.
- Noise Level: 31 dB.
- It has an environment-friendly R32 refrigerant type.
- The model features an Active Energy Control that limits the power consumption from 40% to 80%.
- Capable of detection of the low refrigerant levels in the room.
- It comes with a dust filter.
- Features a sub-divided temperature control matrix for the humid Monsoon season.
- One year comprehensive warranty on product and ten years on the compressor.
- Ensures uniform distribution of cool air for maximum comfort.
- Automatically detects the ambient temperature and adjusts it for comfort and reduction of power consumption.
- Instant cooling with the feel of being present in the Himalaya.
- The HD filter removes the bacteria, pollen, dust, and other particles from the air.
- No negative points were seen so far.
3. Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Hitachi ACE Cutout RAU518HUD AC has an energy rating of 5 stars. The unit consumes a power input of 1448 W. It has a capacity of 1.5 ton. The reason you should buy this product is due to the availability of additional features.
It uses an Auto Climate technology that helps in regulating the flow of cool air, which is based on the temperature of the outside environment. The energy-efficient rating is 3.7 W/W. It is one of the high performing AC, which makes it last for a long time.
- It has a rotatory compressor.
- The cooling capacity of the model is 5000W.
- The technology used is Auto Climate Technology.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 105 cm x 29 cm x 22 cm.
- Weight of the indoor unit is 12.9 Kg.
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 79.2 cm x 60 cm x 29.9 cm.
- Weight of the outdoor unit is 45 Kg.
- The sound level is 34 dB which is quite low.
- It has a remote control for convenience.
- Cooling is not up to the mark.
4. Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter split AC
The Voltas, 1.5 ton Split air conditioner has an elegant design that cools a medium-sized room effectively and efficiently. As it has a capacity of 1.5 ton, its cooling effectiveness is pretty good.
This air conditioner is capable enough to resist the corrosion as it has copper tubes on its inner side along with blue hydrophilic aluminum fins. The LED display makes it easy to use. The 5-star air conditioner helps you in saving your electricity bills.
Enjoy consistent cooling in the entire room with the Cross Flow air feature. And lastly, to ensure that there is even cooling in the entire room, the Voltas air conditioner comes with the Auto Sing feature.
- Auto Swing Mode for better circulation.
- The unit comes with an anti-bacterial Filter.
- Purified air with anti-Dust feature.
- Consists of an LCD remote with glow buttons for convenience.
- Indoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 99 cm x 31.5 cm x 24.2 cm.
- Indoor Unit Weight is 13.5 kg.
- Outdoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 84 cm x 54 cm x 30 cm.
- Outdoor Unit Weight is 35 kg.
- It has a dual-temperature display.
- Come with a one year warranty.
- Nightglow remote makes it easy to search for it.
- Self-Diagnosis features so that you know about the issue faster.
- Fast and efficient cooling.
- Slim outdoor unit that doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- The indoor unit has a high noise level.
5. Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
The Samsung AR18KC5UDMC 5-star split air conditioner delivers a great cooling experience. It requires a power input of 1495W. It is best for use in home and office. Due to its 5-star rating, it is energy efficient as well.
The capacity of this inverter Air Conditioner is 1.5 ton. It is designed efficiently to regulate the temperature of the room as per your convenience.
- 1.5 Ton capacity and a 5-star rating.
- Power Consumption – 1495W.
- Best for room size 131 to 150 sq. ft.
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit – 88 cm x 63.8 cm x 31 cm.
- Dimensions of the indoor unit – 106.5 cm x 29.8 cm x 23.4 cm.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- The weight of the indoor unit is 12.1 Kg.
- The weight if the outdoor unit is 43.5 Kg.
- Auto-restart feature so that ac can restart after power cutoff.
- The model has a noise level of 43 dB which won’t disturb you at night.
- It has a rotatory compressor and it has an anti-bacterial filter.
- Does not have a dust filter.
- No humidification.
6. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Blue Star 5HW18SA1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is an energy-efficient unit. It requires a power input of 1500W. The capacity of the air conditioner is 1.5 tons.
It is ideal for your home use and efficient as you will be saving money on your bills henceforth. Check out all the features and benefits it offers in detail below.
- It provides dehumidification for more comfort.
- It has a moisture removal feature.
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter.
- The unit comes with a one year warranty.
- It consists of a dust filter.
- Dimensions of the indoor unit (W X H X D) – 94 cm x 29.8 cm x 20 cm.
- The weight of the indoor unit – 14 Kg.
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit (W X H X D) – 96.8 cm x 68.9 cm x 36.7 cm.
- The weight of the outdoor unit – 41 Kg.
- The noise level of the indoor unit – High – 46 dB, Low – 38 dB.
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter.
- It contains a dust filter.
- It consists of an active carbon filter.
- The panel has an LED display to view the set temperature.
- Aluminum Coil which is having a shorter life as compared to Copper Coil.
7. Samsung 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Samsung AR12NV5HETU 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is energy efficient as it has a 5-star rating. The unit consumes a power input of 1090 watts.
The air conditioner has a capacity of 1 ton. You can save on electricity bills easily with this air conditioner.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 89.6 cm x 26.1 cm x 26.1 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit is 10.1 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 88 cm x 64.8 cm x 31 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit is 41.7 Kg
- The model has a rotatory compressor
- The cooling capacity of the unit is 3.50 W
- The power requirement of the unit is AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- The unit has dehumidification feature for more comfort.
- It comes with an anti-bacterial filter.
- The indoor unit’s noise level is 28 dB which is very low means no noise while it operates.
- It has a one year warranty on the product.
- It does not have a dust filter.
8. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Carrier 1.5 ton 5-star inverter split AC comes with a variable speed compressor that causes power adjustment as per the heat load. This split AC delivers noise-less operation and it provides enhanced energy efficiency with ISEER ratings of 4.62.
It features 100% cooling capacity at 5200 watts and 50% cooling capacity at 2600 watts. It consumes 871.07 units of electricity per year. It features R32 refrigerant gas and a 7.3 rated amp.
It comes with a host of special features including a high-density filter, air-purifier, inverter, and dehumidifier.
- This split AC features flexicool technology that enables you to control your AC by pressing a simple button. With this hybrid jet inverter technology, you can operate your AC in four modes including free-running, 50%, 75%, and 100% capacity.
- It provides powerful and uninterrupted cooling even at a high ambient temperature of 55 deg Celsius.
- This room split AC features an outdoor Hybridjet unit that reduces temperature efficiently through its innovative design. It provides fast indoor cooling and delivers high-quality performance.
- This carrier room AC features PM 2.5 filter that circulates fresh, clean, and healthy air inside your home by effectively filtering out micro-particle pollutants such as PM 2.5 particles.
- The sleep-mode function works by increasing the temperature by 1°C per hour automatically for the first 2 hours, then keeps the temperature steady for the next six hours followed by switching off the AC.
- This air conditioner provides stabilizer free operation by delivering peak performance between the 150V-280V even at 48°C.
- It is a 1.5 ton AC that is ideally suitable for medium-sized rooms of area (111 to 150 sq ft).
- It comes with a manufacturer warranty of 1 year on condenser, 1 year on product, and 10 years on compressor.
- It features a copper condenser coil that provides superior cooling and needs low maintenance.
- The package comprises 1 outdoor unit, 1 indoor unit, remote control, warranty card, and user manual.
- You can adjust the energy consumption of your AC based on your cooling requirement or weather conditions
- With this room split AC, you get a backlit remote control that provides convenient operation even during the night.
- It comes equipped with an auto cleanser function. When you activate this function, it disinfects the indoor unit and removes all traces of bacteria.
- It comes with the follow-me feature that activates the inbuilt room sensor of the remote control. This allows your AC to adjust the ambient temperature nearby the remote control.
- It features a sleep-mode function that provides energy savings operation and comfortable 8-hour sleep at night.
- No negative points observed so far.
9. Godrej 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Godrej 1.5 ton 5-star inverter split AC is a reliable and energy-efficient air conditioner that employs green refrigerant technology. It comes with a 100% copper condenser that provides long-lasting and superior performance.
This split AC requires less maintenance and provides enhanced energy efficiency with ISEER ratings of 4.60. It consumes 865.83 units of electricity per year. It features 100% cooling capacity at 5150 watts and 50% cooling capacity at 2575 watts.
It comes with variable speed and inverter compressor that allows you to adjust power as per the heat load. It offers the lowest-noise operation and provides improved energy efficiency.
- It is a high-performance split air conditioner that provides superfast and powerful cooling.
- It features a powerful compressor with a wider rotational frequency that does not exert too much pressure on the machine even at high ambient temperatures. This ensures faster cooling, less power consumption, and reduced noise levels.
- It is a 5-star 1.5-ton split AC that is suitable for medium-sized rooms with a coverage area of 111 sq ft to 150 sq ft.
- It features green inverter technology that delivers energy-efficient and comfortable performances. Its green inverters operate continuously and quickly adjust and optimize to the room temperatures for saving more energy.
- It is equipped with a tri-?lter air puri?cation system that includes an anti-dust filter, anti-bacterial filter, and active carbon filter.
- The air-filter purification is paired with a healthy auto-blowout feature that prevents the bacterial formation and provides clean and healthy air for breathing.
- The package comprises an outdoor unit, indoor unit, connecting pipes, remote control, warranty card, and user manual.
- It provides powerful cooling performance for maximizing user comfort and reducing operational costs.
- This AC is designed for silent operation at a lower noise level so that you can enjoy comfortable cooling experiences without interrupting your sleep.
- It features anti-corrosive properties as it is engineered for preventing rust and corrosion.
- It provides heavy-duty performance and enhanced durability for providing uninterrupted and powerful cooling with its golden fin anti-corrosion condenser and bluefin copper evaporator.
- It features smart diagnosis functionality that can detect a malfunction or a fault in the AC. It displays the faults via error codes on the display panel.
- It does not feature horizontal swing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best place to install a split ac?
The best place to install an AC is in a shady spot in your room that does not receive much sunlight. Install it in the east or north side of the room.
2. Which AC is the most energy-efficient?
The most energy-efficient AC is the 5-star energy rated models. You can consider the following Inverter AC model in terms of energy efficiency:
- LG 1.5 Ton KS-Q18YNZA
- Blue Star 5HW18SA1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
- Samsung AR18KV5NBWK 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
3. What is the average price of a 5 star split ac?
The average price range of a 5 star split AC is between INR 30,000-50,000.
4. How to choose the correct size of AC depending on the size of the room?
Most small rooms with an average size of 120 -140 sq feet require a 1 ton AC while a medium-sized room with a scale ranging from 150-180 sq. Feet will need a 1.5 ton AC. A large room with an average size of 180 -240 sq. Feet will require a 2 ton AC.
A 5-star split air conditioner is your reliable companion for cruising comfortably through harsh summer days. These split ACs are designed for powerful cooling performances. These are energy-efficient machines that ensure less electricity consumption.
Some 5-star ACs are equipped with dust filters that ensure the circulation of healthy and clean air in your room. It is a rewarding investment that allows you to deliver peak performances in your home and offices without being worried about the outside temperatures.