Best 5 Star Split Air Conditioner
Air conditioners are no longer a luxury that only the rich can afford. In today’s apartment-style living, the ever-increasing summer heat and rise in atmospheric pollution have made it extremely difficult to cope with the suffocating indoor environment of our homes and workplaces.
One of the most dreaded aspects of utilizing an AC is paying the electricity bill thereafter. Moreover, spending our hard-earned money on buying or repairing ACs year after year is not feasible. Therefore, opting to buy a 5- star AC is the best option as the number of stars indicates the energy saving capability of the device; more the stars, greater the savings. Though the initial investment while purchasing a 5-star AC may seem high, in the long-run it will prove to be very pocket-friendly. ( Refer 1 ton Air Conditioner here , Best Window Air Conditioner here )
Table Of Contents
- 1 TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONERS
- 2 How do Air Conditioners Work?
- 3 5 STAR SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER BUYER’S GUIDE
- 4 TOP 9 5-STAR SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS
- 4.1 Micromax 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
- 4.2 Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
- 4.3 Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
- 4.4 Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
- 4.5 Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
- 4.6 Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Air Conditioner
- 4.7 Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
- 4.8 Mitsubishi MS-GK18VA 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
- 4.9 Lloyd 1 Ton 5 Star Split (LS13A5SN) AC
- 5 Conclusion
TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONERS
1. Window Air Conditioner – This type of air conditioner is designed to cool down just a single room. In this, all the components are packed in a single box. It sits in the window and is therefore not one of the most favored options. Though it is quite effective if you are looking forward to colling down just a single room.
2. Split Air Conditioner – This type of air conditioner has two parts one for the house and one for the outdoors. The compressor and the condensing coils of AC are kept outdoors and the evaporator coils and blower are inside the house.
3. Packaged Air Conditioner – This type of air conditioner is perfect for cooling multiple rooms or a large room altogether. It fits between split/window air conditioner and Central Air Conditioning System. Packaged Air Conditioner is available in 3, 5, 7, 10, 15 tons.
There are two types of arrangements, in this case, one where all the components are packed in a single box, and the air is cooled by the capacity blower and the second arrangement is where the compressor and condenser are packed into one box, from which the gas is taken through single units which are located in individual rooms.
4. Central Air Conditioning System – This type of air conditioner is primarily used for offices, building, factories, etc. The central system is comprised of the huge compressor which has the capacity to produce tons of air conditioning.
How do Air Conditioners Work?
Air conditioners use a refrigerant that converts the gas to liquid and then back again quickly. The refrigerant transfer the heat that is captured from the air inside the room to the outside air. An AC has three parts. One is the compressor, second the condenser and third the evaporator. The condenser and compressor are located outside and the evaporator is inside the house.
The refrigerant absorbs heat from the air and turns into low-pressure gas as it reaches the compressor. The compressor compresses the vaporized gas to a state of high pressure and high temperature. From compressor high-pressure gas flows to the condenser where it is condensed back to liquid state after dissipating heat. The outdoor unit has the metal fins which work as a radiator and helps in dissipating the heat more quickly.
The cooled off refrigerant again returns to evaporator where the process repeats until the room has met the desired temperature. Where again refrigerant absorbs heat from air and turns to vaporized gas.
5 STAR SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER BUYER’S GUIDE
Things to Consider
Look out for Energy Misers
Air conditioners come with insulating materials with clear instructions that help you ensure that you are getting a good seal around the whole unit which minimizes the leaks.
Note the Noise
Look out for models that score Excellent or Very Good on the list for noise tests or you should prefer going for soundless air conditioners. If you end up having an air conditioner that has a Fair noise capacity it will disturb the light sleepers at night when the setting of the fan speed is slow and wakes everyone when on the high setting.
The capacity of the air conditioners should be taken into account after considering the size of the room where you are looking forward to installing the AC. If taken on a rough measurement, an area of range 120 -140 sq. feet will need an AC with 1-ton capacity; for 150-180 sq. feet it will be 1.5 ton, and for 180 -240 sq. feet it will be 2 ton.
Installation and Cartage
When you go to the store to look for Air conditioners or if you look for them online, make sure you are aware of the installation charges if they have any, which is generally included in the overall cost. Also, ask them for delivering it free of cost to your home.
Check Filter Location
Make sure the air conditioner has easy access to the filter so that you can clean as its something one has to do that frequently.
Lookout for reputed brands that offer long period services which have the capabilities and the wide network that can meet the needs of your product’s services. You can also ask your friends for any feedback.
All air conditioners come with star-rated efficiency ratings which are actually implemented by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Any model which has a greater number of stars consumes less electricity than the model which has a just one star. It also depends on how long you will use it for the whole day, if your regular usage is more than four hours a day then you should go for an air conditioner that is star rated to 4-5, it will suit your purpose perfectly.
Recently The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has come up with a new method which is called the Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER) for the air conditioners. This method focuses on the variable temperatures in India and the ratings of the air conditioners accordingly. So let’s consider air conditioners which have a higher efficiency which will give you low electricity bills.
TOP 9 5-STAR SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS
Micromax 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
The Micromax ACS18ED5AS01WHI 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Air conditioner has a 5-star rating. The model consumes a power of 1480W. It has a capacity of 1.5 ton. If you are looking for a reliable and effective air conditioner then this is the best for meeting all the requirements that you and your family need by providing effective cooling. You can see the hidden LED display panel which shows the temperature with a press of the button. You no longer have to worry about your electricity bills as it comes with energy efficient cooling technology that has Energy Saving Mode which makes this air conditioner overall a great one.
- All-around Cooling
- Luminous Remote Control
- Ultra-efficient Cooling
- 3-in-1 Filter
- Hidden LED Display
- Turbo Cooling
- Indoor Dimensions (W x H x D) – 90 cm x 29.2 cm x 21.5 cm
- Indoor Model Weight – 13 Kg
- Outdoor Model Weight – 35 kg
- It has a Power Requirement of AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- Its power consumption is 1450W
- Energy savings up to 25%
- Auto Restart feature that automatically turns on post power cut
- Sleek and Slim design
- Efficient cooling technology
- Split AC Copper coil which keeps a lid on electricity bill
- Unique 3 in 1 Health+ Filter ( Anti VOC Filter, Vitamin C Filter , Catechin Filter)
- AntiCorrosive Condenser Coating
- Turbo Cooling
- Difficult installation
- Does not have good service
Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
The Voltas 1.5 ton 5-Star Split air conditioner provides you the extreme winter chills even in the seasons of scorching heat. The model has an elegant design which cools a medium sized room effectively and efficiently and as it has a capacity of 1.5 ton, its cooling effectiveness is pretty good.
Now, this air conditioner is capable enough to resist the corrosion as it has copper tubes on its inner side along with blue hydrophilic aluminum fins. The LED display makes it easy for use. The 5-star air conditioner helps you in saving your electricity bills. Enjoy consistent cooling in the entire room with the Cross Flow air feature. And lastly, to ensure that there is even cooling in the entire room, the Voltas air conditioner comes with the Auto Sing feature.
- Self-Diagnosis feature
- Auto Swing Mode
- The unit comes with an Anti-bacterial Filter
- Purified air with Anti-Dust feature
- Consists of an LCD remote with glow buttons for convenience
- Indoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 99 cm x 31.5 cm x 24.2 cm
- Indoor Unit Weight is 13.5 kg
- Outdoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 84 cm x 54 cm x 30 cm
- Outdoor Unit Weight is 35 kg
- It comes with a LED panel display
- It has a dual-temperature display
- Come with a one year warranty
- Nightglow remote
- Self-diagnosis AC
- Fast and efficient cooling
- Slim outdoor unit
- Poor Installation
- The indoor unit has a high noise level
Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
The Samsung AR18KC5UDMC 5-star split air conditioner delivers a great cooling experience. It consumes a power input of 1495W. The capacity of the AC is 1.5 ton which provides cool and fresh air. It is designed efficiently to regulate the temperature of the room as per your convenience. It is best for use in home and office. Due to its 5-star rating, it is energy efficient as well.
- 1.5 Ton capacity
- 5-star rating
- Power Consumption – 1495W
- Best for room size 131 to 150 sq. ft
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit – 88 cm x 63.8 cm x 31 cm
- Dimensions of the indoor unit – 106.5 cm x 29.8 cm x 23.4 cm
- The model has a noise level of 43 dB
- It comes with a one year warranty
- The weight of the indoor unit is 12.1 Kg
- The weight if the outdoor unit is 43.5 Kg
- It has an anti-bacterial filter
- Auto restart
- It has a rotatory compressor
- Extra installation costs
- Does not have a dust filter
- No humidification
- It does not have both cooling and heating features
Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
Blue Star 5HW18SA1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC is an energy efficient unit. It consumes a power input of 1500W. The capacity of the air conditioner is 1.5 ton. It is ideal for your home use and efficient as you will be saving money on your bills henceforth.
- Provides dehumidification
- It has a moisture removal feature
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter
- The unit comes with a one year warranty
- It consists of a dust filter
- Dimensions of the indoor unit (W X H X D) – 94 cm x 29.8 cm x 20 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit – 14 Kg
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit (W X H X D) – 96.8 cm x 68.9 cm x 36.7 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit – 41 Kg
- The panel has an LED display
- The noise level of the indoor unit – High – 46 dB, Low – 38 dB
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter
- It contains a dust filter
- It consists of an active carbon filter
- Aluminum Coil which is having a shorter life as compared to Copper Coil.
Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split
Daikin FTF50PRV16 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC has an energy rating of 5 stars which makes it efficient for use. India best known for its humidity and heat, one has to take into consideration to install an air conditioner that will keep our electricity bills at bay. The unit consumes 1445 W of power. The capacity of the unit is 1.5 ton.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit ( W x H x D) is 110 cm x 31 cm x 23.9 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit is 13 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 84.5 cm x 59.5 cm x 30 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit is 41 Kg
- The indoor unit’s noise level is – High – 45 dB, Low – 35 dB
- The model’s cooling capacity is 5000 W
- 4 air-flow directions
- The power requirement of this unit is AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- It comes with a one year warranty
- The air conditioner is efficient
- The noise level is well maintained
- Consists of various options like deep sleep mode
- It has a child lock feature
- The unit does not have an anti-bacterial filter
- The model does not come with a copper tube
Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Air Conditioner
Samsung AR18KV5NBWK 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC is energy efficient as it has a 5-star rating. The unit consumes a power input of 1410 watts. The air conditioner is Split and has a capacity of 1.5 ton. Save electricity bills easily with this air conditioner.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 89.6 cm x 26.1 cm x 26.1 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit is 10.1 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 88 cm x 64.8 cm x 31 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit is 41.7 Kg
- The model has a rotatory compressor
- The cooling capacity of the unit is 5000 W
- The power requirement of the AC is AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- It has a one year warranty on the product
- The indoor unit’s noise level is 28 dB
- The unit has dehumidification
- It comes with an anti-bacterial filter
- It does not have a dust filter
Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
Hitachi ACE Cutout RAU518HUD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC has an energy rating of 5 stars. The unit consumes a power input of 1448 W. It has a capacity of 1.5 ton. The reason you should buy this product is due to the availability of additional features. It uses an Auto Climate technology that helps in regulating the flow of cool air which is based on the temperature of the outside environment. The energy efficient rating is 3.7 W/W. It is one of the high performing AC which makes it last for a long time.
- It has a rotatory compressor
- The cooling capacity of the model is 5000W
- The technology used is Auto Climate Technology
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 105 cm x 29 cm x 22 cm
- Weight of the indoor unit is 12.9 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 79.2 cm x 60 cm x 29.9 cm
- Weight of the outdoor unit is 45 Kg
- Sound level is 34 dB
- Low noise level
- It has remote control
- Weak customer service
Mitsubishi MS-GK18VA 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
Mitsubishi MS-GK18VA 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC is an energy efficient air conditioner which has a capacity of 1.5 ton. It also has a nightglow button. It also provides 4-way airflow direction. It is best for small to medium-sized rooms.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 90cm x 20cm x 20cm
- The weight of the indoor unit is 11 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 50cm x 40cm x 20cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit is 35 Kg
- Best for room size – 136 – 165 sq. ft
- The unit comes with the 5-year warranty
- Indoor noise level 36 dB
- It has an anti-bacterial filter
- It also has active carbon
- No additional modes
Lloyd 1 Ton 5 Star Split (LS13A5SN) AC
The Lloyd Sleekstar LS13A5SN Split Air Conditioner is the perfect purchase for the scorching heat this year. It is an ideal mix of style and properties that you are looking for. It is energy efficient as well due to its 5-star rating. This air conditioner is considered as one of the best in the Lloyd series.
- The AC comes with an anti-bacterial filter
- It has a one year warranty for the product
- The panel is a LED display
- The air circulation is 800 CFM
- The compressor is rotatory
- The noise level in the indoor unit is 37 dB
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 900 x 215 x 292 mm
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 812 x 256 x 540 mm
- Weight of the indoor unit is 13 Kg
- Weight of the outdoor unit is 38 Kg
- The air conditioner has a 5 in 1 filter which helps in removing the dust particles from the room
- The compressor has a 4-year warranty
- This AC can be a bit expensive
Coming to the conclusion, now you must be having a clear idea about what type of Air conditioner will best suit you. In this article, I have listed the best 9 5-star air conditioners split models and their features so that it is easy for you to decide which model will be best for your home that will give you the best cooling experience in the scorching weather.