Best Split ACs in India
Air conditioners are no longer a luxury as the ever-increasing summer heat and rise in atmospheric pollution have made it extremely difficult to cope with the suffocating indoor air.
One of the most dreaded aspects of using an AC is paying the electricity bill thereafter. Therefore, opting to buy a 5-star Inverter AC is the best option as the number of stars indicates the energy-saving capability of the device; the more the stars, the greater the savings.
Though the initial investment while purchasing the best inverter AC may seem high, in the long run, it will prove to be very pocket-friendly. In this article, you will find all the needed information such as Types of Air Conditioner, Buyers tips to consider while buying an inverter AC, top inverter air conditioner review, and FAQ’s.
Top 7 Best Inverter AC in India
How do Air Conditioners Work?
Air conditioners use a refrigerant that converts the gas to liquid and then back again quickly. The refrigerant transfer the heat that is captured from the air inside the room to the outside air.
An AC has three parts. One is the compressor, second the condenser, and third the evaporator. The condenser and compressor are located outside, and the evaporator is inside the house.
The refrigerant absorbs heat from the air and turns into low-pressure gas as it reaches the compressor. The compressor compresses the vaporized gas to a state of high pressure and high temperature.
From a high-pressure compressor, gas flows to the condenser where it is condensed back to liquid state after dissipating heat. The outdoor unit has the metal fins which work as a radiator and helps in dissipating the heat more quickly.
The cooled off refrigerant again returns to the evaporator, where the process repeats until the room has met the desired temperature. Where again, refrigerant absorbs heat from the air and turns to vaporized gas.
Types of Air Conditioners
This type of air conditioner is designed to cool down just a single room. In this, all the components are packed in a single box. It sits in the window and is, therefore, not one of the most favored options. Though it is quite useful if you are looking forward to colling down just a single room.
This type of air conditioner has two parts one for the house and one for the outdoors. The compressor and the condensing coils of AC are kept outdoors, and the evaporator coils and blowers are inside the house.
Packaged Air Conditioner
This type of air conditioner is perfect for cooling multiple rooms or a large room altogether. It fits between a split/window air conditioner and Central Air Conditioning System. Packaged Air Conditioner is available in 3, 5, 7, 10, 15 tons.
There are two types of arrangements, in this case, one where all the components are packed in a single box, and the air is cooled by the capacity blower and the second arrangement is where the compressor and condenser are packed into one box, from which the gas is taken through single units which are located in individual rooms.
Central Air Conditioning System
This type of air conditioner is primarily used for offices, buildings, factories, etc. The central system is comprised of a huge compressor, which has the capacity to produce tons of air conditioning.
Look out for Energy Misers
Air conditioners come with insulating materials with clear instructions that help you ensure that you are getting a good seal around the whole unit which minimizes the leaks.
Note the Noise
Look out for models that score Excellent or Very Good on the list for noise tests or you should prefer going for soundless air conditioners. If you end up having an air conditioner that has a Fair noise capacity, it will disturb the light sleepers at night when the setting of the fan speed is slow and wakes everyone when on the high setting.
The capacity of the air conditioners should be taken into account after considering the size of the room where you are looking forward to installing the AC. If taken on a rough measurement, an area of range 120 -140 sq. Feet will need an AC with 1-ton capacity; for 150-180 sq. Feet it will be 1.5 ton, and for 180 -240 sq. Feet it will be 2 ton.
Installation and Cartage
When you go to the store to look for Air conditioners or if you look for them online, make sure you are aware of the installation charges if they have any, which is generally included in the overall cost. Also, ask them for delivering it free of cost to your home.
Check Filter Location
Make sure the air conditioner has easy access to the filter so that you can clean as its something one has to do that frequently.
Lookout for reputed brands that offer long period services that have the capabilities and the wide network that can meet the needs of your product’s services. You can also ask your friends for any feedback.
All air conditioners come with star-rated efficiency ratings which are implemented by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Any model which has a greater number of stars consumes less electricity than the model which has just one star. It also depends on how long you will use it for the whole day.
If your regular usage is more than four hours a day then you should go for an air conditioner that is star rated to 4-5, it will suit your purpose perfectly.
Recently The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has come up with a new method which is called the Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER) for the air conditioners.
This method focuses on the variable temperatures in India and the ratings of the air conditioners accordingly. So let’s consider air conditioners which have a higher efficiency which will give you low electricity bills.
The inverter AC should come with a dust filter that removes all the dust, pollen, bacteria, and other particles from the air. Hence, you get to breathe in air that is fresh and clean. It also eliminates the foul smell and growth of mold from your AC.
A dehumidifier is an important feature as it helps in adjusting the humidity of the air, especially during monsoons when the humidity is high. The air is dehumidified so that it ensures maximum comfort. Hence, go for an inverter AC that comes with a dry mode or dehumidifier.
Top 7 Star Air Conditioners
1. Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Founded in 1947, Sanyo Electric Works develops unique technologies and offers excellent products to people around the world. This Japanese company has over 7 decades of experience in delivering quality performance.
The Sanyo 1.5 ton 3 star AC brings you the latest technology with the Sanyo inverter series. The AC is equipped with full inverter technology, PM 2.5, dust filters, and many other features that meet all your cooling needs.
The AC has an energy-efficient compressor that adjusts power according to head load. It has the lowest noise operation and is suitable for medium sized rooms.
- The advanced inverter of this appliance is equipped with 2 independent motors that ensure fast and energy-efficient cooling
- Its inverters come with builtin inverter 2.5 and anti-dust filters that remove dust, pollen, and particles.
- Glacier mode gives you jet-speed cooling and slows 35% higher fan speed than normal. This provides instant cooling in less time
- In case of sudden power cuts, the AC has an auto-restart function which automatically resumes the original setting when the power is back
- It comes with a self-diagnosis feature that displays error codes on the temperature display area
- The ergonomically designed AC remote is backlit. It glows in the dark for easily operating temperature control and ONlOFF buttons
- Corrosion-resistant hydrophilic fins ensure longer life of the condenser
- The sleep function auto-adjusts temperature for a comfortable sleep
- With higher ISEER, the AC is energy efficient
- The timer function lets you switch off and on the AC automatically
- The appliance comes with a year warranty on product and condenser and 5 years warranty on the compressor
- Copper condenser ensures longer AC life with faster heat transfer and resistance to corrosion
- The AC perfectly fits your modern decor with sleek and elegant design. It also features a hidden temperature display that adds beauty to it
- The AC comes with R32 refrigerant which is environmentally friendly. It protects the condenser from accidental fire while not harming the ozone layer
- Services charges are pretty high
2. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This LG AC comes with the best energy efficiency with an annual energy consumption of 835.50 (KWh) units. The AC is best suitable for Indian regions affected by sand, salt, pollutants, and industrial smoke because of its copper condenser and Ocean Black protection.
It ensures superior cooling performance even during high ambient temperature so that you get maximum comfort at all times.
The model also comes with a dust filter and dehumidifier. The dust filter removes all the dust mites, pollen, and other harmful particles from the inverter AC so that the air we breathe is fresh and clean. The dehumidifier adjusts the humidity accordingly so that it ensures maximum comfort, especially during monsoons.
- Capacity: 1.5 ton for medium size rooms (111 to 150 sq ft).
- Has a dual Rotary Inverter Compressor that ensures faster cooling with more savings.
- The condenser coil is made of 100% copper.
- Noise Level: 31 dB.
- Indoor and outdoor units are provided with an Ocean Black Protection typically for the Indian regions affected by sand, salt, industrial smoke, and pollutants.
- It has an environment-friendly R32 refrigerant type.
- The model features an Active Energy Control that limits the power consumption from 40% to 80%.
- Capable of detection of the low refrigerant levels in the room.
- It comes with a dust filter.
- Features a sub-divided temperature control matrix for the humid Monsoon season.
- One year comprehensive warranty on product and ten years on the compressor.
- Ensures uniform distribution of cool air for maximum comfort.
- Automatically detects the ambient temperature and adjusts it for comfort and reduction of power consumption.
- Instant cooling with the feel of being present in the Himalaya.
- The HD filter removes the bacteria, pollen, dust, and other particles from the air.
- No negative points were seen so far.
3. Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Hitachi ACE Cutout RAU518HUD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Inverter AC has an energy rating of 5 stars. The unit consumes a power input of 1448 W. It has a capacity of 1.5 ton. The reason you should buy this product is due to the availability of additional features.
It uses an Auto Climate technology that helps in regulating the flow of cool air, which is based on the temperature of the outside environment. The energy-efficient rating is 3.7 W/W. It is one of the high performing AC, which makes it last for a long time.
- It has a rotatory compressor
- The cooling capacity of the model is 5000W
- The technology used is Auto Climate Technology
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 105 cm x 29 cm x 22 cm
- Weight of the indoor unit is 12.9 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 79.2 cm x 60 cm x 29.9 cm
- Weight of the outdoor unit is 45 Kg
- The sound level is 34 dB which is quite low.
- It has a remote control for convenience.
- Cooling is not up to the mark
4. Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter split AC
The Voltas, 1.5 ton 5-Star, Split air conditioner provides you the extreme winter chills even in the seasons of scorching heat. The model has an elegant design that cools a medium-sized room effectively and efficiently, and as it has a capacity of 1.5 ton, its cooling effectiveness is pretty good.
Now, this air conditioner is capable enough to resist the corrosion as it has copper tubes on its inner side along with blue hydrophilic aluminum fins. The LED display makes it easy to use. The 5-star air conditioner helps you in saving your electricity bills.
Enjoy consistent cooling in the entire room with the Cross Flow air feature. And lastly, to ensure that there is even cooling in the entire room, the Voltas air conditioner comes with the Auto Sing feature.
- Auto Swing Mode for better circulation.
- The unit comes with an Anti-bacterial Filter
- Purified air with Anti-Dust feature
- Consists of an LCD remote with glow buttons for convenience
- Indoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 99 cm x 31.5 cm x 24.2 cm
- Indoor Unit Weight is 13.5 kg
- Outdoor Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 84 cm x 54 cm x 30 cm
- Outdoor Unit Weight is 35 kg
- It comes with a LED panel display
- It has a dual-temperature display
- Come with a one year warranty
- Nightglow remote makes it easy to search for it.
- Self-Diagnosis features so that you know about the issue faster.
- Fast and efficient cooling
- Slim outdoor unit that doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- The indoor unit has a high noise level
5. Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
The Samsung AR18KC5UDMC 5-star split air conditioner delivers a great cooling experience. It consumes a power input of 1495W. The capacity of this inverter Air Conditioner is 1.5 ton, which provides cool and fresh air. It is designed efficiently to regulate the temperature of the room as per your convenience.
It is best for use in home and office. Due to its 5-star rating, it is energy efficient as well.
- 1.5 Ton capacity and a 5-star rating
- Power Consumption – 1495W
- Best for room size 131 to 150 sq. ft
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit – 88 cm x 63.8 cm x 31 cm
- Dimensions of the indoor unit – 106.5 cm x 29.8 cm x 23.4 cm
- It comes with a one year warranty
- The weight of the indoor unit is 12.1 Kg
- The weight if the outdoor unit is 43.5 Kg
- Auto-restart feature so that ac can restart after power cutoff.
- The model has a noise level of 43 dB which won’t disturb you at night.
- It has a rotatory compressor and it has an anti-bacterial filter
- Does not have a dust filter
- No humidification
- It does not have both cooling and heating features
6. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Blue Star 5HW18SA1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is an energy-efficient unit. It consumes a power input of 1500W. The capacity of the air conditioner is 1.5 tons.
It is ideal for your home use and efficient as you will be saving money on your bills henceforth. Check out all the features and benefits it offers in detail below.
- It provides dehumidification for more comfort.
- It has a moisture removal feature
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter
- The unit comes with a one year warranty
- It consists of a dust filter
- Dimensions of the indoor unit (W X H X D) – 94 cm x 29.8 cm x 20 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit – 14 Kg
- Dimensions of the outdoor unit (W X H X D) – 96.8 cm x 68.9 cm x 36.7 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit – 41 Kg
- The noise level of the indoor unit – High – 46 dB, Low – 38 dB
- The unit has an anti-bacterial filter
- It contains a dust filter
- It consists of an active carbon filter
- The panel has an LED display to view the set temperature.
- Aluminum Coil which is having a shorter life as compared to Copper Coil.
7. Samsung 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Samsung AR12NV5HETU 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is energy efficient as it has a 5-star rating. The unit consumes a power input of 1090 watts.
The air conditioner is Split and has a capacity of 1 ton. Save electricity bills easily with this air conditioner. Check out its features in detail.
- The dimensions of the indoor unit are (W x H x D) – 89.6 cm x 26.1 cm x 26.1 cm
- The weight of the indoor unit is 10.1 Kg
- The dimensions of the outdoor unit are (W x H x D) – 88 cm x 64.8 cm x 31 cm
- The weight of the outdoor unit is 41.7 Kg
- The model has a rotatory compressor
- The cooling capacity of the unit is 3.50 W
- The power requirement of the AC is AC 230 V, 50 Hz
- The unit has dehumidification features for more comfort.
- It comes with an anti-bacterial filter
- The indoor unit’s noise level is 28 dB which is very low means no noise while it operates.
- It has a one year warranty on the product
- It does not have a dust filter
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which the best inverter AC brand in India?
The best inverter Air Conditioner brands in India are as follows:
- Blue Star
2. Which is the best place to install a split ac?
The best place to install an AC is in a shady spot in your room that does not receive much sunlight. Hence, install it in the east or north side of the room.
3. Which AC is the most energy-efficient?
The most energy-efficient AC is the 5-star energy rated models. You can consider the following Inverter AC model in terms of energy efficiency:
- LG 1.5 Ton KS-Q18YNZA
- Blue Star 5HW18SA1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
- Samsung AR18KV5NBWK 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split AC
4. What is the average price of a 5 star split ac?
The average price range of a 5 star split AC is between INR 30,000-50,000.
5. How to choose the correct size of ac depending on the size of the room?
Most small rooms with an average size of 120 -140 sq feet require a 1 ton AC while a medium-sized room with a scale ranging from 150-180 sq. Feet will need a 1.5 ton AC. A large room with an average size of 180 -240 sq. Feet will require a 2 ton AC.
Coming to the conclusion, now you must be having a clear idea about what type of Air conditioner will best suit you.
In this article, I have listed the best nine 5-star air conditioners split models and their features. You can decide which model will be best for your home that will give you the best cooling experience in the scorching weather.