Best Personal Air Coolers
Personal air coolers are used for cooling small sized rooms, and it can also cool the air directly around an individual. They are built with a water capacity of between 20 – 30 liters. They are designed with a blower or a fan for cooling small size rooms.
Air coolers are something that has a prolonged existence history than the newly emerged air conditioners. Now, with more technological advancement, different types of coolers have emerged like personal and desert air coolers.
Personal air coolers are affordable, and not as expensive as desert air coolers. Personal air coolers come with a variety of cooling pads, such as the honeycomb cooling pads, the wood wool cooling pad.
It doesn’t only cool the air; it also humidifies and purifies the air at the same time, making the air around your immediate region healthier to breathe. The humidifier feature is useful in an air cooler. It consumes deficient power, and it doesn’t allow you to pay many bills when it’s in use.
Personal air coolers are easy to move around and easy to store. A personal air cooler looks stylish in design and will fit nicely in any space it is placed without taking so much space. They are easy to use, just fill up the removable tank and plug it in a power supply, switch it on for use.
Well, now, when you have known much about the personal air coolers, it’s time to make your purchase. Hopefully, this guide with a smart buying guide, FAQ, and 5 top air coolers will help you in investing easily.
5 Best Personal Air Coolers
Our Pick – Durable Product
Good Cooling Effect
Provides Adequate Room Cooling
Personal Air Cooler vs. Desert Air Cooler
Personal air cooler is used in small rooms, while desert air coolers are used in large rooms or halls. Personal air coolers can adequately provide fresh air to one or two individuals while the desert can provide fresh air to a single individual or multiple individuals.
Personal air coolers have a small tank size while desert air cooler has a large tank size. Desert air coolers come with large fan and blower size while personal air cooler.
Desert air coolers are bulky to move around, but personal air coolers are easy to move around. When it comes to water capacity, this differs a lot once again as personal air coolers have a capacity of 20 to 30 liters while desert air cooler has 31 to 50 liters.
You need to make sure to choose cooler as per your needs. Both have their advantages and distances, but buying as per your preferences will always offer the best results.
|Features||Personal Air Cooler||Desert Air Cooler|
|Favorable for||Small to mid-sized rooms||Mid to large rooms|
|Water Capacity||Up to 40L||40L above|
|Price||Starts from Rs.4000||Starts from Rs.8000|
Here’s a list of things to consider before buying a personal air cooler for convenient use.
Ice cube tray lets you put ice cubes into the air cooler. When the ice cubes melt, it gets added to the water already stored on the air cooler, which results in cold air distribution.
It’s still okay if you purchase a personal air cooler without an ice cube tray, but it will be more comforting if you can buy a personal air cooler with an ice cube tray.
The remote control is used to regulate the personal air cooler remotely. Purchasing a personal air cooler with remote control is the right choice because it helps you control the air cooler from a distance.
It’s good to purchase a personal air cooler that will be delivered with remote control. Hence you can change the control knob on the cooler from the convenience of your couch.
Water level indicator:
It’s vital to buy a personal air cooler with a water level indicator. The water capacity of a personal air cooler is small. Therefore, when it’s used for hours, the water level can reduce. The indicator helps you to know the level of the water and if it is necessary to refill it.
Empty tank indicator:
When the water in the system is used up, the need for an empty tank indicator becomes necessary because it gives you the warning to refill the tank. Without refilling the container, the personal air cooler can start working ineffectively. Therefore, ensure you consider an empty tank indicator before you purchase a personal air cooler.
The cost of a personal air cooler is also a vital aspect to consider. Some personal air cooler is easy to afford, and they’re long-lasting while some personal air coolers are cheap and not durable. However, it is always recommended to buy something that will fulfill your needs. Since the prices of personal air coolers vary from one brand to another, now you can also find the affordable air coolers under 10000 as well.
A personal air cooler must be easy to move around. Therefore, it’s essential to buy a personal air cooler that can be easily moved to any corner of the room. Heavy personal air coolers are challenging to move around, and this can become uncomfortable to use.
Size of personal air cooler:
The size of the personal air cooler is essential. Usually, personal air coolers are small in size; this is because it is designed to accommodate one or two individuals. Acquiring a medium-size or a small size personal air cooler that suits your needs is a great choice to make.
Air cooler power consumption is also something you have to consider before buying. Most personal air cooler consumes less power because they’re composed with a small electronic component that requires low power.
A personal air cooler that consumes less energy and also very efficient is a good cooler to purchase. Therefore, always consider the power input of the air cooler before you buy so as not too many power bills to pay.
Water level controller:
A water level controller is also a vital thing to consider. The water level controller can stop the air cooler from working when the water in the cooler has been used up. If the air cooler is connected to an external tank, it will automatically refill the tank of the air cooler. So, it will be a good choice to buy a personal air cooler with a water controller.
Top 5 Personal Air Coolers
1. Symphony Hicool I 31 Litre Air Cooler – Our Pick – Durable Product
Symphony Hicool is a personal air cooler which is good for cooling smaller spaces within a room. It gives you an enjoyable experience when it’s in use. It comes with an I-Pure technology that provides multi-stage air purification, and this multi-stage air purification comprises of five-stage filter that protects against dust, allergy, bad smell, and bacteria.
This symphony air cooler is an energy-saving product. It is designed with a dura pump technology and SMPS technology that protects against voltage fluctuations and provides longevity to the pump. It has a water outlet that provides adequate outflow of water when there’s water overflow; the excess water is neatly drained out and collected in a bucket.
- Water tank indicator to indicate the water level.
- Empty water tank alarm.
- Functional remote control.
- It consumes 185 watts of power.
- Air throw distance of 37ft.
- It has a tank capacity of 31 liters.
- System restore function that helps you remember previous settings
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It gives high-quality air service.
- Remote control for conveniences.
- Adequate cooling.
- It’s durable.
- It comes with a durable castor wheel to provide conveniences when the air cooler is moved around.
- It’s easy to see the water level of the air cooler.
- It runs 10-11 hours at high speed.
- No humidity control.
- Cross ventilation must be provided for cooling to work.
- High noise level
2. Symphony Ice Cube 27 Litre Air Cooler – Portable Product
Symphony ice cube air cooler comes with a fan that has three motor speeds, such as high, medium, and low. It comes with a dura-pump technology that ensures the longevity of the pump. It has a cool flow dispenser that provides channelized water dissemination for active cooling.
It has an automatic vertical swing that gives proper airflow distribution. It produces low noise when in use for conveniences. It is developed with an I-pure technology that gives multistage air purification that has five stages filtering against the lousy smell, dust, allergies, and bacteria. It’s vital to keep the windows or doors open for cross ventilation.
- Water tank capacity of 27 liters.
- Strong wheels for easy movement.
- Available with 3-speed motor
- It has a good coverage area capacity of up to 46-meter cube.
- It consumes 105 watts of power.
- Three sides honeycomb cooling pads for improved efficiency
- Compatible with the inverter.
- It is light weighted.
- It has a stylish design.
- Good cooling effect.
- Commendable airflow
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s good for cooling small rooms.
- It works like a normal fan.
- No user warranty.
3. Cello Gem 22-litre Personal Air Cooler – Commendable Design
It is built with a powerful cooling system and airs throw to provide adequate cooling to a room. It has a useful three side honeycomb cooling pads. Its wheels are durable for easy movement, and it has a water tank capacity of 22 liters. It’s ideal for bedroom and office use.
- Water inlet from the top and backside of the air cooler.
- 150 watt of power consumption.
- Three sides honeycomb cooling pad become very effective.
- It’s compatible with an inverter.
- Durable 11-inch fan blade.
- Instruction manual included in the product.
- One-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- It produces less noise during operation.
- Users have appreciated its durability.
- Sturdy wheels for easy movement.
- Good design.
- Fan speed isn’t fast enough.
- Small tank size.
- No timer and remote control
4. Vistara Nexa Tower Air Cooler – Good Cooling Effect
Vistara air coolers come with no gaseous refrigerant and consume low power. It provides fresh air efficiently by taking air from both open doors and windows. It has a body that’s built with plastic material. The body is designed with stylish white color, and it has a tower-like structure. It is energy efficient and very convenient to use.
- Water tank capacity of 13 liters.
- It comes with a pump that circulates water from the tank onto a cooling pad.
- It has a size of 41 cm x 39 cm x 93 cm.
- It works with the evaporative air technology mechanism.
- The instructional manual is included in the package.
- It comes with a One-year warranty
- Good cooling effect.
- It’s durable.
- It’s convenient to use.
- It is easy to move around.
- Great for smaller areas
- It produces a lot of noise when it’s in use.
5. Castor Personal Air Cooler – Provides Adequate Room Cooling
It has an elegant looking design, slim body, and a stylish color pattern of blue and white. It comes with an ice chamber for storing ice cubes to provide colder air. It’s a power-packed sturdy blower. It has a rustproof ABS body that prevents rust. It delivers a smooth airflow that ensures user’s atmospheric satisfaction.
- Water tank capacity of 22 liters.
- Multi-directional wheels for easy movement.
- It has three-speed functions.
- Compatible with an inverter
- It comes with a protection system that prevents dust and insects.
- It comes with a year plus an additional six-month warranty.
- It is light weighted.
- It provides adequate cooling of the room.
- Great honeycomb design
- The cool breeze makes it great for summer
- It is small in size.
- It is noisy at high speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the entire personal air cooler come with a battery?
No, some are made with battery while some are not.
2. What is the maximum time a personal air cooler can distribute cool air?
Well, it depends on the capacity of the tank. Based on the largest size, it can stay up to 12 hours.
3. Can I use direct current to operate the personal air cooler?
Yes, you can. Some personal air coolers come with a USB cord for charging.
4. Do they all come with LED lights?
No, not all personal air cooler is built with LED light.
5. Why should I buy a personal air cooler with an instructional manual?
It’s essential to buy a personal air cooler with an instructional manual because it provides you with a detailed guideline on how to use the air cooler and how to maintain it.
6. Why should I consider the voltage limit for my air cooler?
It’s necessary to know the voltage of your air cooler before you purchase because if the voltage provided is not equivalent to your air cooler, it will make the air cooler ineffective.
7. Do they all come with an auto-drain system?
No, not all personal air cooler is developed with an auto-drain system.
8. Do all personal air coolers come with a fan?
No, not all personal air cooler is built with a fan. Some are made with powerful blowers.
9. Why should I use an inverter to operate my air cooler?
Well, you can use an inverter to operate your air cooler when there’s a power outage.
10. Which is better in air cooler – fan or blower?
The blower seems to be better than the fan because blowers are enormously energy efficient, and the cost of keeping up with a blower is less when compared to a fan. Blowers are much more than fans when it comes to the rate of airflow, airspeed, and targeted air circulation.
There you have it, a guide that will assist you in selecting the right personal air cooler for your home. Before you purchase a personal air cooler, always consider knowing the product description, user reviews, features, and additional features. So, buy the right air cooler to have an enjoyable experience.
Hopefully, with the guide mentioned above with the best air coolers, buying one will not become a problem for you. From these few, our top 3 expert pick of personal air cooler on Amazon includes Symphony Hicool 31 Litre, Cello Gem 22-litre Personal Air Cooler, and Symphony Ice Cube 27 Litre Air cooler have some of the best reviews and features. Trusting these brands will always become beneficial for you.
So, best of luck!