Tips for Cleaning Air Purifier at Home
Investing in a high-quality air purifier is a wise decision that ensures the circulation of pure and healthy air in your ambience.
It goes a long way in keeping you and your family members in sound health. It works great for people who are sensitive to pollen or pet allergens.
Purchasing a high-quality air purifier for your home or office is only half the job done. You need to do regular maintenance for ensuring its efficient performance. The maintenance of your air purifier involves thorough cleaning periodically and replacing the clogged filters.
How to Clean Air Purifier at Home?
Let’s discuss some cleaning tips that help keep your air purifier clean and maintain its proper functioning.
Cleaning an Air Purifier with HEPA Filters
The majority of the air purifiers nowadays come equipped with advanced HEPA filters. Once these filters are clogged, you need not replace them. These filters are washable, and you can reuse them after cleaning them.
Let’s learn easy and quick ways of cleaning an air purifier filter packed with permanent or washable HEPA filters.
- Before you start cleaning your air purifier, always turn it off and unplug it from the socket.
- Keep your air-purifier in such a way that allows you to access all its sides easily.
- Begin by cleaning the filtered air outlet by using a soft-bristled brush. It is usually positioned on the back and top side of the unit. This way, you can easily remove the debris and dust that is obstructing the airflow.
- Remove and clean your purifier’s front grill by using a light mixture of soap and warm water. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for the steps regarding removing the grill.
- Then take out your HEPA filter, remove the dirt, and keep it in warm water. You can also use hot water if your filter looks very dirty. Ensure to dry the HEPA filters completely after washing.
- If your HEPA filters are not washable, you can clean them by using a vacuum cleaner for removing dust and debris. Ensure to read the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning these types of HEPA filters.
- Once you have cleaned and dry the HEPA filters, you can install them back in their place inside the air purifier and put the front grill back.
- Use a dry or light-damp microfiber cleaning cloth for wiping the exteriors of the air purifier.
- Ensure to use compressed air dusters for cleaning washable and non-washable permanent filters.
Cleaning an Air Purifier with a Disposable Filter
If you have an air purifier equipped with disposable filters, you can replace the old and clogged filters with the new filters. Let’s discuss some easy ways of cleaning an air purifier filter packed with disposable or replaceable HEPA filters.
- Switch off your air purifier and promptly unplug it from the electric socket.
- Now take your air-purifier in a cleaning area and place it in such a way that makes all its sides easily accessible.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to clean the filtered air outlet located on the unit’s top and back sides. It helps you to remove the debris and dust and open the airflows.
- Now follow the manufacturer’s instructions for removing the front grill. Clean the front grill by applying a mixture of soap and warm water.
- Look for your disposable air filters inside the air purifier. Find out the dirty and clogged filters. Replace the dirty filters with the new ones.
- After replacing the dirty filters, you can put the front grill back in its place.
- Clean the outside of the air purifier by wiping it with a dry or light-damp microfiber cleaning cloth.
- If you have carbon filters inside your air purifier, you can keep them in sunlight for 2 to 3 hours. This helps in removing the bad odours. Also, ensure to clean these filters by vacuuming and avoid getting them wet.
Once you have selected the right air purifier for your home, it is important to maintain your air purifier regularly. It helps in extending their life-span and maintaining their efficient filtering performance.
You can always get the top high-quality air purifier, but its regular cleaning is necessary for maximizing its benefits.
You can easily clean your air purifier and its filters by following the steps mentioned above. This way, you can breathe in clean, healthy, and purified air always.
Installing an air purifier and its regular cleaning is an effective way of coping away with the air pollution in your city.