Tandoori Chicken and Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipes Using an Electric Tandoor
With their unique smoky flavours and insanely delicious taste, tandoori foods are every foodie’s delight. Tandoori meals add zing to the wedding feasts, barbeques, or lavish dinners. No wonder food lovers throng the tandoori meal counters for enjoying sumptuous meals.
Tandoori foods have carved a special niche for themselves in the Indian cuisine space. Don’t you love to savour the popular Indian tandoor delicacies like tandoori chicken and tandoori paneer tikka at home? That’s where electric tandoor comes in handy.
In addition to churning out soul-satisfying, incredibly delicious, and tastebuds igniting tandoori meals, the electric tandoors cook foods with minimal oil or butter and serve healthy meals.
Don’t miss to read this article till the very end as it discusses in detail the recipes of preparing outrageously tasty and healthy tandoori chicken and tandoori paneer tikka.
How are Electric Tandoors Beneficial?
Tandoori foods are immensely popular as the tastiest and the healthiest food because electric tandoor uses limited fats, oil, or butter as a medium of cooking.Cooking tandoori foods with an electric tandoor provides energy-efficient cooking as it consumes less energy.
Using an electric tandoor allows you to unleash your creative culinary skills and makes you a better chef. You can use it for cooking meats, naans, rotis, fish, poultry, papad, etc. It is a must-have appliance for every Indian kitchen for ensuring long-term health.
An electric tandoor makes it very convenient to cook tandoori foods right in your kitchen. This electrical appliance is easy to operate and enables you to cook any tandoori food in a short duration.
An electric tandoor helps you cook a wide array of healthy and delicious tandoori foods, including tandoori chicken, tandoori paneer tikka, lesuni naan, methi paratha, seekh kabab, roasted tomatoes, tandoori broccoli, fish tikka, onion parmesan kulcha, potato wedges, etc.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Foodies across the globe love tandoori chicken. It enjoys an impressive and huge fan base. It’s a wonderful sumptuous meal to prepare at home during festivities or otherwise using an electric tandoor. So let’s discuss the recipe for cooking the perfect chicken tandoori.
Ingredients for a Tandoori Chicken Recipe
You need the following ingredients for cooking crispy and juicy tandoori chicken at home by using your electric tandoor.
- Chicken: 500gms
- Garam masala powder: 1tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste: 2tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1tsp
- Red chilli powder: ½ tsp
- Red food colour: 1/4tsp
- Mustard oil: 4tsp
- Lemon juice: 5tsp
- Black salt: 1tsp
- Curd: 1 small bowl
- Salt-as per your taste
Preparation for Cooking the Tandoori Chicken
The electric tandoori chicken recipe is one of the popular tandoori recipes that can be easily prepared at home. This recipe works great for health-conscious individuals as it involves roasting food rather than frying. Moreover, it results in crispy, soft, and juicy chicken.
To begin the tandoori chicken recipe, marinate the chicken for approx 20 minutes by blending the chicken with essential spices. Follow this by marinating the chicken with other remaining spices for 1 hour.
Once you have marinated the whole chicken by following the two-step marination process, you need to roast it in your electric tandoor for making crispy and crunchy chicken.
- Ensure to slit the chicken pieces correctly so that spices get entirely absorbed within the chicken for providing effective flavour. Then, use all the essential spices and ingredients for the first marination.
- Prepare a mixture of ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder, lemon juice, black salt, and salt. Ensure to mix all these spices properly.
- Rub the mixture of spices on chicken pieces thoroughly. Also, rub the cut or slit parts of the chicken pieces.
- Allow the marinated mixture to get absorbed properly in the chicken by keeping the marinated chicken aside for approx 20 minutes.
- During the second marination process, include all the ingredients, including curd. Ensure to keep the marinated chicken for at least 1 hour during the second marination.
Once you have properly marinated chicken ready with you, you can begin cooking with your electric tandoor.
- Ensure to foil the tandoor plate and apply butter for greasing it
- Turn on your electric tandoor and preheat it for approx 2-3 minutes at 100° celsius.
- Put the marinated chicken pieces on a tandoor plate and cook them for about 3-4 minutes in your electric tandoor.
- After cooking for 4 minutes, remove the tandoor plate from the electric tandoor and remove any excess water coming out of the chicken.
- Place the chicken pieces back in your electric tandoor and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Ensure to take out the tandoor plate from the tandoor once again and brush it with butter or oil instantly. Put the chicken pieces back into the electric tandoor.
- Cook the pieces again at the same temperature for approx 2 to 3 minutes. Then switch off your electric tandoor.
- Don’t rush to take out the chicken from the tandoor. Rather allow the chicken to get adequately cooked from inside by keeping it inside the tandoor for 5 minutes after switching off the tandoor. This causes the perfect cooking of the chicken from inside as well.
- Open the electric tandoor after 5 minutes and serve the yummy tandoori chicken with sauces or chutneys.
Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe
Indian tandoori paneer tikka is the ubiquitous meal at the heart of vegetarian parties. It is equally cherished by both the kids and adults alike.
Ingredients for Tandoori Paneer Tikka
- Paneer: 500 gms
- Onion: 1 large Onion
- Capsicum: 1 large capsicum
- Coriander: ½ cup chopped leaves
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin and black pepper powder
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Curd: ¾ cup
- Tandoori masala powder
- Lemon slices
- Kasuri methi
- Ginger garlic paste
- Oil or butter
- Salt to taste
Once you have learned the tandoori chicken recipe, you can quickly get your hands on the tandoori paneer tikka recipe as both the recipes are very similar.
- To begin with, cut the paneer into cubes. Also, cut the vegetables into pieces.
- Marinate the paneer cubes. To do so, add the curd to the bowl of paneer cubes after beating the curd properly.
- Add all the spices to the paneer cubes and mix them well. Allow the paneer to get adequately marinated by keeping it aside for a minimum of three hours.
- You can also marinate the large cut pieces of veggies like tomato, capsicum, onion, etc.; along with the paneer cubes.
- Once the marination process is completed after 3 hours, skew the marinated paneer, capsicum, tomato, onion, and other veggies by using wooden skewers.
- Brush the paneer and veggies skewers with oil.
- Turn on the electric tandoor and preheat it for 25 to 20 minutes.
- Place the veggies and paneer skewers inside the electric tandoor for cooking. Ensure to cook them till the colour of the paneer turns light brown from all its sides.
- Turn off the electric tandoor. Take out the cooked paneer tikka and serve hot with lemon wedges.