12 Best Water Purifiers
Humans are dependent on water purifiers to obtain safe, pure, and healthy drinking water for consumption. Water Purifiers are an essential appliance that is required in every household. It is indeed a necessity!
We know the different types of water purifiers use various purification technologies like RO, UV, UF, filters like carbon and sediment to purify water, making it free from all kinds of contaminants.
We have also provided a detailed review of the top 12 water purifiers in India for home use for you to choose from. You can purchase them from the leading e-commerce website, Amazon. The link for each water purifier is also provided.
Top 12 Water Purifiers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
The Stylish Water Purifier
The Space Saver
The Universal Water Purifier
The Taste Booster
The Reasonable Multi-stage water purifier
The Digitally Smart Water Purifier
Working Of Water Purifiers
Water purifiers that use RO, UV, or a combination of both allow the water to pass through certain stages of purification. The sediment filter acts as a pre-filter that removes mud, coarse particles, and dust from the water while the activated carbon removes odor and excess chlorine from the water.
You will understand more if you go through the working of UV water purifiers, working of RO water purifiers, and the working of RO+UV water purifiers. You can also go through the types of multi-stage water purifiers like RO+UV+UF and RO+UF.
Another popular nonelectric water purifier is the gravity-based water purifier. They are divided into two types- gravity-based candle filter purifiers and gravity-based filters with chemical capsules. They both use the mechanism of gravity for the purification process.
Buyer’s Guide For Water Purifiers
Water Purifiers allow the water through different stages of purification to purify the water. There are water purifiers that use RO Water Purifiers to treat water that is hard with high levels of TDS or UV Water Purifiers to treat water with low levels of TDS and a high level of disease-causing micro-organisms.
Water purifiers also use a combination of both RO+UV Water Purifier to purify hard water with high levels of germs and bacteria.
Several multi-stage water purifiers like RO+UV+UF, UV+UF, and RO+UF are also useful in treating water from multiple sources.
Thus, before purchasing a water purifier, you need to test the quality of water supplied to your home. You can then choose the water purifier with the ideal purification technology.
You can even check the TDS level of water at home by following these steps.
Filter and Cartridge
It is essential to ensure that the water purifier you purchase comes with sediment and activated carbon as pre and post-filters.
The sediment filter removes the coarse particles, dust, and dirt from the water while the activated carbon which has anti-bacterial properties is essential in removing the smell and volatile components.
A Biotron cartridge is an added advantage as it breaks down the molecules of the water and allows you to enjoy the goodness and nutrients of the water quickly.
On the other hand, a mineral cartridge is essential as it not only retains the essential minerals; it also enhances the taste and maintains the pH of the water.
Choose a water purifier after understanding the drinking water requirement as per the size of your family. The purification capacity of 12-15 liters per hour is ideal for a small or average family, while that of 60 liters per hour is perfect for a big family.
The purification capacity should be enough to provide your family with healthy and safe drinking water that is free from all contaminants.
Storage Capacity and Tank Type
Most UV water purifiers do not come with storage tanks so that you are always provided with fresh drinking water.
However, RO and even gravitation based water purifiers come with a storage tank. This allows you to have access to purified water at all times. Thus, it is necessary to ensure that the storage capacity of the tank is at least 7-12 liters, which are enough for you and your family.
Apart from this ensure that the tank is made up of ABS food-grade plastic or stainless steel so that the water is kept safe. A protection cover is also required to keep the stored water free from insects and dust.
Indicators and alerts
A UV fail alert notifies you when it is time to change the UV lamp while filter change alerts notify you when you need to change the filters.
It is also beneficial for the purifier to have features such as purification-on and full tank indicators. The purification on indicator notifies you about the purification process while the full tank indicator allows you to know when the tank is full.
Warranty and after-sales service
It is essential that you choose a brand that offers the best guarantee of the product with excellent after-sales service. The minimum warranty of the product should be for one year. Certain brands such as Kent provide a 1-year warranty plus three years of free service.
You can go for a water purifier that can be placed on the counter or mounted on the wall. The sleek and stylish designs blend perfectly well with the modern look of your kitchen.
However, if you have space constraint, you can go for an under sink water purifier that remains hidden under the sink of your kitchen
Ensure that the brand you choose offers free installation of the purifier within 3-5 days of purchase. This prevents hassle and adds to the convenience of the buyer.
It is essential to ensure that there is no leakage and no water is wasted during the purification process. Certain features like child lock prevent wastage of water. This feature is essential since every drop of water counts.
Price is always an essential factor in every product purchase. Water purifiers are available in a different price range. If you have a restraint on the price, you can choose UV, UF, or gravitation based filters. Multi-stage purifiers like RO+UV and RO+UV+UF are available at a higher price.
If you are looking for a purifier under the budget of 10 K, you can go through our article of Water Purifiers Under 10,000.
12 Best Water Purifiers
1. Eureka Forbes Aquasure Water Purifier
Eureka Forbes is a leading health and hygiene brand in India. It is a part of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group which is focused on water purification, air purification, vacuum cleaning, and home security solutions.
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure Water Purifier has 7 liters of capacity and can be wall-mounted. This white water purifier requires the power of watts with an operating input voltage of 150 V – 270 V. It intakes water at a temperature of 10 – 40°C and is made with food-grade plastic which keeps the water drinkable and safe.
- It has a smart LED which indicates power on, purification on, and tank full status.
- The purifier can be used for TDS up to 2000 PPM and has a water flow rate of 250 liter per minute through RO PATH and 600 ml per minute through UV PATH.
- The purifier is equipped with advanced technology which gives you RO+UV+MTDS purification.
- It also has electrical purification which makes it ideal for areas with water shortage. The regulator lets you adjust the levels of TDS in water manually. This ensures you get healthy, tasty and safe drinking water.
- It has an energy-saving mode and is equipped with a long-lasting cartridge.
- Its size is compact and has a sleek design which consumes less space. You can also get it wall mounted.
- The purifier is very easy to install.
- It has a semi-transparent body which easily shows the water level.
- Water tastes normal and the purifier works with a very nominal voice.
- It gives you a beep alert if there is a fault in the UV filter.
- The push to open tap makes it convenient to hold glass or bottle in one hand while filling the water.
- It throws out 650 ml of water for every 1 liter of water purified, which is too much.
2. Faber Galaxy RO+UF+MAT 7 Stage Mineral Water Purifier
Faber is a very old company that specializes in water purifiers, kitchen chimney, and many other products. It was founded in 1955 and had been making top-quality products since then.
This water purifier is no exception because of the premium quality materials that have been used to manufacture. The classic white look makes it stylish, and it is a very compact sized product that takes very little space to mount or store.
- The stylish and elegant design of this RO purifier gives a premium outlook. The glossy finish ensures to provide a fashion statement in the kitchen.
- The purification process is amazing, and it works at a high TDS of 2500 ppm in the water. It gets rids of every pollutant and chemicals from the water.
- The storage capacity of this RO purifier is 9 liters which is pretty decent, and there won’t be any shortage of water.
- It can be mounted on the wall and also it takes very little space in the kitchen.
- The inner water tank is made with ABS food-grade plastic with germ block technology which means inside of the water tank there won’t be any germ or bacteria produced in the water.
- Advanced RO water purifier is designed in a way that it automatically turns off when the water tank is full with purified water and saves energy as well.
- This RO purifier comes with copper guard technology to make sure the water is pure, and the machine lasts longer than usual.
- This advanced water purifier purifies the water through an advanced 7 stage purification (Sediment Filter 20 micron, Pre Carbon Filter, Sediment Filter 5 micron, Post Carbon/ MAT filter, RO membrane, and Ultrafilter membrane) to make sure it is perfectly safe for you to drink the water.
- The power consumption of this RO water purifier is very low.
- The mineral addition technology will provide you with added copper, calcium, and magnesium in your drinking water to make it healthier.
- There were no major negative points were observed.
3. V-Guard Zenora RO+UF+MB 7 Liter Water Purifier
Being the pioneer in electrical home appliances, V-Guard has stood at the forefront of consumer goods in India for several decades. They are experts in stabilizers, solar power systems, heaters, and water purifiers.
The Zenora water purifier by V-Guard is designed to withstand tough water conditions in India. It has a multi-stage purification process with a unique mineral balancer.
- It has a large 7-liter water storage tank.
- The body is made of high-quality plastic.
- It weighs 8.7kgs.
- The dimensions are 345mm in width, 205mm in length, and 450mm in height.
- The 7-stage purification process includes a world-class RO membrane and advanced hollow-fiber UF membrane.
- It is suitable for tanker, borewell, and municipal water supplies.
- V-Guard provides free installation and external pre-filter repair.
- The inlet pressure is 5-40psi.
- The body contains LED indicators for power, tank full, and low water pressure alert.
- The intelligent design gives utmost precision with water purification.
- It effectively eliminates microbes, organic, and chemical impurities.
- It can be wall-mounted or used as a tabletop purifier.
- It can treat water with TDS up to 2000ppm.
- There are three strong pre-RO stages – pre-filter, anti-microbial pre-carbon, and a sediment filter.
- The post-RO stages of post-carbon GAC, mineral balancer, and UF membrane provide complete purification.
- The RO membrane has a wide surface for better water flow.
- The advanced hollow fiber UF membrane removes microbes and polishes the water.
- The large dirt capacity of the pre-filter reduces turbidity and protects the sensitive RO membrane.
- The calcite media balances pH and minerals thus enhancing the purified water’s taste.
- It makes a sound while working.
4. KENT Grand 8-Litres Water Purifier – Our No. 1 Choice
Kent is a well-known water purifier brand that purifies water mainly using the technology of Reverse Osmosis (RO). Kent Grand is our number one choice of water purifiers since it uses double purification of RO+UV/UF to remove all sorts of contaminants and provide your family with safe and pure water.
It comes with a patented RO technology that enriches the water with the essential minerals using the help of an in-built TDS controller. It has a transparent and durable design that comes with four years of guaranteed happiness. It is at the top of our list because it is considered the best water purifier.
The high purification and storage capacity ensures that purified drinking water is provided to you and your family at all times.
- The double purification of RO + UV / UF removes even dissolved impurities such as chemicals, bacteria, viruses, and salts, making the water 100% pure.
- KENT Grand has 8 liters of purified water storage capacity.
- It has a high purification capacity of 15 L/hour.
- The purifier is mounted on the wall, saving space in the kitchen.
- It has a power consumption of 60 watts while its UV lamp wattage is 11 watts that disinfect the water from micro-organisms.
- Membrane type: Thin-Film Composite RO.
- The filter cartridges include Sediment filter, Carbon Block Filter, UF & Post Carbon that can remove any harmful contaminants from the water.
- It provides four years of convenience and happiness with 1 Year Warranty + 3 Years No Service Charge.
- It comes with computer-controlled operations like a filter change alarm that indicates when the filter needs replacement, and a UV fail alarm that alerts you when the UV lamp requires changing.
- The KENT grand comes with a patented RO technology that retains the essential minerals in the water with the help of a TDS controller. Thus, enhancing the drinking water experience.
- It is suitable for purifying all types of water, be it brackish, tap, or municipal corporation water supply.
- The computer-controlled operations like filter change alarm and UV lamp alerts ensure enhanced safety and convenience.
- The purifier is made of food-grade plastic that ensures safe use and durability of the product.
- KENT has more than 1500 service centers all over India, making it easy to get in touch with the trained and prompt technicians at a nearby service center.
- There is a lot of wastage of water during purification.
- Maintenance is high.
5. Eureka Forbes Aquasure Water Purifier – The Convenient Choice
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart Plus is a RO+UV water purifier that also comes with an MTDS technology that enriches the drinking water experience. It is the most stylish and convenient model to have in your kitchen.
This elegant and sleek black model comes with LED indicators that indicate the various processes through different light colors. This is an ideal choice for water coming from different sources like taps, borewell, and tankers.
The carbon granules polish the water to make it crystal clear and enhance the taste. It is indeed a smart choice for your home.
- Purification Technology: Advanced RO+UV+MTDS technology that removes all kinds of contaminants along with the disease-causing bacteria, providing safe drinking water.
- It comes with a 6 liters storage tank with a water level indicator to ensure the availability of purified water.
- It has a smart design that comes with LED indicators that highlight the purification process on / tank full/ no water supply/error through different light colors.
- It can be easily mounted on the wall or placed on the countertop.
- Power consumption: 230 watts.
- It comes with free installation and a one year warranty on the product.
- The water purifier comes with a clarity cartridge that is placed outside the unit.
- The smart TDS regulator reduces total dissolved salts up to 90% ensuring safe and tasty drinking water at all times.
- Smart plus comes with a sensor that helps saves energy by automatically powering off once the water tank is full.
- The water purifier is protected from damage in case of voltage fluctuation between 150 v-270 v.
- It comes with 6000 liters cartridge life-giving your family yearlong hassle-free protection.
- It has a compact and stylish design that fulfills needs and adds to the look of your kitchen.
- It can treat water from different sources like taps, borewell, and tanker.
- It has a membrane life enhancer that prevents scaling of dissolved calcium and magnesium, thus improving the water flow.
- The carbon granules polish and enhance the taste of water.
- No negative points were observed.
6. Hindware Elara 7-Liter Water Purifier – The Stylish Water Purifier
The super stylish and elegant black and white Hindware water purifier undergoes a seven-stage purification system including RO + UV + UF + Mineral Fortification.
This water purification system removes all kinds of dissolved solids and impurities, including dirt, mud, sand, heavy metals, chemicals, chlorine along with germs and bacteria.
It also comes with a post-carbon filter that enhances the taste of the water while the mineral fortification stage retains essential minerals to maintain the health of your family.
- Ensures 7 stage purification of RO + UV + UF + Mineral Fortification to provide 100% purified water that is safe for consumption.
- Capacity: 7 Liters.
- Power: 36 watts, Operating Voltage: 100 – 300 volts.
- It can remove TDS up to 1800 ppm.
- Comes with three smart LED indicators-red notifying the water purifier is on, yellow indicating that the purification is in process and green indicating tank full.
- The black and white model has an elegant and stylish design with a glossy finish.
- The detachable cover makes it easy to clean and service.
- The detachable drip tray can hold a bottle of up to 1 L.
- It comes with Mineral Fortification that adds essential minerals like calcium and magnesium to the purified water to ensure the health benefits.
- The taste of the water is enhanced.
- The seven-stage purification removes dirt, dissolved impurities, bacteria and germs, chlorine and other contaminants.
- The filters are designed with 100% genuine parts so that you obtain healthy water with no duplicity in filters.
- This leads to a lot of water wastage.
7. R.K. Aqua Fresh 15-Liters Water Purifier – Award Winning Design
RK Aqua Fresh is another RO+UV+UF multi-stage water purifier that is known for its award-winning design that lets you place it on your kitchen counter or mount it on the wall, without taking up much space.
It has automated functions that make its use much simpler. The purifier ensures leak-proof performance and the transparent cover notifies you the level of water in the tank.
- It has an elegant design with a transparent cover.
- Purification technology: RO+UV+UF technology removes dissolved solids, heavy metals, as well as disease-causing germs and bacteria. This ensures clean and safe drinking water.
- The water purifier comes with a cartridge that must be attached to the purification system for filtration.
- It has automatically controlled operations with filter change alarm, and UV fails alarm that indicates when the filter and UV lamp has to be changed.
- Warranty type: 1-year offsite warranty provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase.
- This water purifier can process up to a capacity of 15 liters, which is enough for your family.
- Color: White.
- The water purifier comes with an attractive and compact design that can easily fit into your kitchen space.
- The cartridge helps in straining the water of impurities and should be changed and replaced periodically.
- The cover is transparent, and the water level indicator lets you check the level of water, this helps in refilling the system with water when the water level is low.
- The Push-fit components ensure the leakproof performance of the water purifier.
- The aqua freshwater purifier system’s award-winning design in Delhi NCR makes it the perfect solution to provide safe, pure water whenever and wherever needed.
- The water quality is automatically monitored without any user interaction technology.
- Leakage can happen
8. Havells Pro RO UV Water Purifier – The Space Saver
Havells is a common name when it comes to fans, water heaters, home, and kitchen appliances. The Havells Pro is a RO+UV water purifier that undergoes six stages of purification to ensure safe drinking water.
This attractive white and coral blue model can be easily placed in one corner of the kitchen, hence saving a lot of space. Moreover, the unique soft-touch faucet ensures zero splash and smooth flow of water, preventing a messy kitchen.
- Purification technology: The water passes through six stages of purification, which includes RO membrane and UV purification to ensure safe and pure drinking water.
- It has a flow rate of up to 15 liters per hour, which provides an ample amount of water for your family.
- The water purifier comes with 7 liters removable storage tank.
- It has a maximum power rating of 36 watts while the UV lamp wattage is 4 watts.
- The iProtect purification monitoring system constantly monitors the purification process, ensures safe water always.
- It can be mounted in a corner, on a wall, or kept on a tabletop.
- The Havells Pro also boasts of consumer-friendly alerts for self-diagnostic, purification process, the tank full, low water pressure, and error alerts for UV, SV, and pump failure.
- The Germicidal UV Purification with an optimum UV dose of 253.7 nm irradiation provides safe water.
- The water purifier comes with a mineral cartridge that corrects the pH of purified water, adds back full spectrum of natural minerals and trace elements, and delivers healthier and tastier water always.
- The advanced electrical protection system protects the purifier from damage and ensures that the purifier performs well in the voltage range of 170 V – 330 V.
- It has a unique soft-touch faucet that ensures clean water, zero splashes, and smooth flow.
- The tank is removable, which makes it easier to clean.
- The Ingress protection tank cover stops the external invasion of insects and dust particles, keeping the stored drinking water safe.
- Havells boasts of a 1-in-a million service and a smart care extended warranty plan that is not only hassling free; it also saves the cost of unexpected failures and other such issues.
- The tank takes a lot of time to fill.
9. Aquaguard Eureka Forbes Water Purifier – The Universal Water Purifier
This Aquaguard model introduced by Eureka Forbes is a universal water purifier since its advanced features allow you to choose the purification technology manually.
You can easily choose the type of purification as per your water quality, either RO + UV + UF/ UV +UF. Thus, this is the perfect choice for anyone as it can treat water from any source be it, Municipal Corporations, borewell, tanker, mixed.
- Purification technology: The RO membrane + UV disinfection column + UF along with the TDS controller, provides water that is completely safe, healthy, and pure.
- It has a storage capacity of 7 liters that allows the ready availability of water.
- It comes with Biotron Cartridge that breaks down the water molecules to allow you to enjoy the goodness and nutrients of water.
- It has a filtration capacity of 20 liters/hour.
- Power consumption is 45 watts.
- The high power 11 watts UV lamp kills the disease-causing germs and bacteria present in the water.
- The body is constructed of ABS plastic which ensures its long lifespan.
- The goods are warranted against defects arising from faulty designs, workmanship, and materials for 12 months from the date of installation or 15 months from the date of sale, whichever is earlier.
- It can remove TDS (up to 2000 ppm) in the water by approximately 90%.
- It is a universal water purifier that can purify water from multiple sources like Municipal Corporations, borewell, tanker, mixed.
- The advanced features let you manually choose the purification technology either RO + UV + UF/ UV +UF as per the quality of water you receive at your place.
- The Taste Enhancer removes residual organic impurities and enhances the original taste of water.
- The i-Filter removes suspended particles from the water while the mineral guard prevents calcium and magnesium deposits.
- No negative points were observed.
10. Blue Star Aristo AR4WHAM01 – The Taste Booster
Blue Star Aristo is another great RO+UV water purifier that provides you and your family with safe drinking water. Moreover, this 7-liter capacity water purifier comes with an Aqua Taste Booster that ensures that the pH of the water is well maintained so that the entire drinking water experience is enriched.
The water obtained is free of smell and tastes great.
- Purification Technology: Double layered RO + UV protection ensures that the water you drink is safe without any compromises.
- It undergoes a six-stage purification process that includes a pre-sediment filter, pre-carbon filter, sediment filter, RO membrane, UV Lamp, and post-carbon filter with aqua taste booster (ATB).
- Power Consumption: 36 watts.
- It comes with a storage tank capacity of 7 liters for immediate consumption of water for your family.
- It comes with an indicator like purification-on and tank full indicators that highlight the purification process and informs you when the tank is full.
- It has a UV fail alert that alerts you when the UV lamp requires change.
- Warranty: 1 year on the product.
- RO removes dissolved impurities, microorganisms, heavy metals, and radioactive matter, while UV deactivates microorganisms such as bacteria, cysts, and viruses. This ensures 100% safe and pure water.
- The copper impregnated carbon removes odor and volatile organic compounds from water and also has antibacterial properties.
- The Aqua Taste Booster (ATB) enriches the drinking water experience by enhancing the taste of the water and maintaining its pH level.
- It prevents unnecessary wastage of water because of its child lock feature.
- It has a large 10-inch filter that ensures efficient purification.
- It has a low-pressure alert to indicate low pressure in the input water supply to the purifier.
- The high-quality RO membrane ensures a high purification capacity.
- The water purifier makes a lot of noise during purification
11. Purolite Water Purifier – The Reasonable Multi-stage water purifier
Purolite is a chemical manufacturing company that is well-known worldwide in purification and ion exchange. The Purolite Water purifier is a top recommendation since it combines the technologies of RO+UV+UF along with sediment filters, carbon filters, and the TDS controller to provide your family with the safest drinking water.
This multi-stage water purifier comes at a reasonable price and is very convenient to use because of its automated controls.
- It is a multi-stage water purifier that uses RO+UV+UF technology for the removal of all types of contaminants providing safe and pure water.
- This is a conventional RO water purifier that includes the following filters: Pre-filter, Sediment filter, Pre-Activated Carbon filter, RO Membrane, Post Carbon with the added mineral cartridge, UV lamp, and TDS controller.
- It has a storage capacity of 10 liters, which makes water available during emergencies.
- The purification capacity of 15 Litres/hour provides an ample quantity of water for a large family.
- It comes with a wide water level indicator that indicates the level of water in the tank.
- It has automated control operations which make its use more convenient.
- It has a three-month warranty for electrical parts but not for the filters.
- RO membrane type: A thin composite high-quality membrane that processes 80 gallons per day.
- The unique design and features of the water purifier make installation and operation much easier and reliable.
- The water purifier can remove heavy metals like lead, copper, Barium, Chromium, Mercury, Sodium, cadmium, Fluoride, Nitrate, Selenium, and pesticides along with micro-organisms that cause diseases.
- It is effective in removing dirt, rust, and sand particles due to its sediment filter while the activated carbon removes 99% of chlorine and organic chemicals.
- The water purifier comes with a TDS controller that retains the essential minerals in the water.
- It is the most reasonable option for a multi-stage water purifier with the safest filtering systems available.
- It provides an enhanced reduction of odor and color of the water.
- The connecting pipes had certain defects, and there are no rubber seals.
12.Havells Digitouch 7L Water Purifier – The Digitally Smart Water Purifier
Havells is a well-known brand that provides a one in a million service and an extended warranty plan. The Havells Digitouch is a RO+UV water purifier that uses double UV protection to provide you with water that is 100% safe and healthy.
It is a digitally smart water purifier that comes futuristic design and a smart touch interface with unique features and LED indicators like maintenance and error alert, process indicator, and a digital clock.
This sleek model comes in a chic-looking champagne and a black color that enhances the look of any kitchen. It is a must-have!
- Purification technology: 8 stages of RO+ double UV purification technology along with pre-filters and activated carbon provide absolutely safe, purified drinking water.
- It comes with a storage capacity of 7 liters that ensure the immediate provision of drinking water at all times.
- The purification capacity of 15 liters per hour ensures an ample amount of drinking water for the family.
- It comes with unique features like a smart touch interface, maintenance and error alert, process indicator, and a digital clock.
- The power consumption is 60 watts while that of the UV lamp is 4 watts.
- It is constructed using food-safe plastic which ensures durability and safe use of the product.
- Warranty: 1 year.
- It comes with a convenient multi-fill option that ensures zero splash and clean water.
- The double UV protection sterilizes the water every 4 hours, enhancing the oxygen level and maintaining the hygiene of the tank.
- The minerals cartridge provides healthy and tasty drinking water by maintaining the pH level of the water and retaining the essential minerals.
- The water purifier comes with a revitalizer that restructures the water molecules along with improving the hydration and mineral absorption.
- It comes with an i-protect monitoring system that ensures safe or no drinking water.
- The water purifier has an ingress protection tank that prevents the invasion of dust and insects in the stored water.
- The maintenance can be planned because of the cartridge life indicator and maintenance alert.
- Havells provides a one in a million service and an extended warranty plan.
- The rate of filling water is slow as compared to other water purifiers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is it essential to remove harmful contaminants from the water?
Many harmful contaminants are present in the water. These include dissolved solids, rust, pesticides, disease-causing germs and bacteria, and heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, iron, fluoride, etc. These contaminants are responsible for causing severe health issues like cholera, hepatitis, jaundice, typhoid, and even cancer.
These impurities affect the taste and smell of the water as well. Hence, it is important to remove these contaminants from the water, so that your family is provided with water that is free of any foul taste or smell as well as safe and healthy for consumption.
2. What is TDS?
TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids. It refers to the metals, minerals, salts, cations, and anions that are dissolved in the water which are invisible to the naked eye. Its units are ppm (parts per million) or mg/l.
The TDS of water can be measured using a TDS meter. Know why TDS controller is required in RO water purifier.
3. What is the acceptable TDS level of drinking water?
The lesser the TDS level, the safer is the water to consume. The average TDS level of the water that is recommended for drinking purposes should be 300-500 ppm. On the other hand, anything more than 1200 ppm is unfit for drinking purposes.
4. Is it necessary to test the water supply to our houses?
Every house does not obtain the same quality of water. The TDS levels and the contaminants can differ from place to place and house to house. It is very important to test the quality of water that is being supplied to your home to know the type of water purifier that is most suitable in removing these contaminants.
RO water purifiers are the best choices for areas with high TDS levels, while UV water purifiers are useful in killing the germs and bacteria that cause various water-borne diseases.
5. How often should you change filters?
Most filters which include pre and post-filters like sediment and activated carbon filters should be changed at least once every six months.
The membranes should be changed every two years. Most water purifiers these days come with alerts and indicators like filter change alerts and UV fail alarm that notifies you when it is time to change the filter and cartridges.
6. What is the most suitable water purifier for borewell water?
Most houses in big cities are supplied with water from underground or borewell. The water supplied from borewell consists of very high levels of TDS, rust, iron, lead, fluoride, etc.
Hence, the best type of water purifier for this case is RO water purifiers that use reverse osmosis to remove the harmful contaminants through a semi-permeable membrane.
Borewell water also contains high levels of germs and bacteria that cause water-borne diseases. For this, the recommended water purifier is a RO+UV water purifier where the UV lamp is used to kill the disease-causing micro-organisms by attacking their DNA and preventing them from multiplying.
7. What is a universal water purifier?
Universal water purifiers are multi-stage water purifiers that use all the purification technologies like RO+UV+UF along with sediment and activated carbon filters. These water purifiers can treat water coming from multiple sources like borewell, mixed, tanker, or underground.
8. Which is better- RO or UV
UV water purifiers can only kill the disease-causing germs and bacteria. They fail to remove the bodies of these micro-organisms and other dissolved solids. On the other hand, RO water purifiers can remove all the contaminants and also eliminate the dead bodies of these micro-organisms.
Moreover, RO water purifiers can enhance the taste of water, and the mineral cartridge retains the essential minerals. They are perfect for areas with high TDS. Thus, even though RO is more expensive then other filters, it is a better option.
9. What is SCMT?
SCMT stands for Silver Charged Membrane Technology. It is a new stage of purification in RO water purifiers that prevents secondary microbial contamination. RO+SCMT offers double protection and purification that provides water that is both safe and healthy for drinking.
Here we come to the end of this article. We have provided answers to the most frequently asked questions along with the links to all the important information you need to know regarding water purifiers.
The top ten list of best water purifiers provides you with some of the best options to consider for purchase.
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure is our number one choice! This water purifier would be perfect for your household because of its great features. If the price is a restraint, you can go for R.K. Aqua Fresh India, which is the best budget-friendly option on the list. We hope this article proves to be the perfect guide for all the buyers.