Top 9 Bread Makers in India
Bread makers are really in demand these days, mainly because of our fast-paced world. We tend to look for ways on how we can simplify things for us to save time. And one of the ways is by using simple equipment that makes our food.
Thankfully, we have access to these appliances; one of the most sought appliances is the bread maker because we tend to eat different loaves of bread every day, especially for breakfast. With the help of the bread maker, it is now easier to create your favorite bread for breakfast.
Especially here in India, we do love consuming light meals during breakfast, and with our busy schedules, we do not have the time to go to the bakery to buy bread. Its comfort and portability make it one of the must-have appliances in every home. Now you can make your own sandwich and toasts at the comfort of your home.
The good thing with this appliance is that you will have the privilege to create your bread with your preferred ingredients. Imagine you can become an instant baker without any hassle isn’t that good?
All you need to do is go through this article to get detailed knowledge about the various benefits of bread makers and what all things are to be considered before purchasing a bread maker. We have given the list of top 9 breadmakers in India along with the FAQs.
Easy Touch Bread Maker
Easy Touch Bread Maker
Functionality on a Budget
Stainless-Steel Elegant Body
Energy-Efficient Bread Maker
Portable and compact
Premium Bread Maker
Multipurpose Bread Maker
Why Should you get a Bread Maker?
This is a pretty interesting question. With regards to the people who already tried using a bread maker, all I can say is that they are all satisfied and that means it all. But to be exact, the following factors are crucial in determining to buy a particular product, specifically a bread maker. You should take note of the benefits that you can get from it to weigh in if you will have to buy one or not.
Here are the following benefits:
- Energy saver – you can save two types of energy if you will be buying a bread maker. One is the effort that you will exert to go to a bakery or store to buy bread, and the other one is fuel. Simply because bread makers’ operations cost is much cheaper while you are using it instead of doing the traditional baking, which is through the use of fire.
- More Quiet Operation – as we all know the traditional way of making bread emits tremendous noise that is coming from the equipment and the process itself. And with the use of the bread maker, you are lessening the annoying noise that comes along with the process of bread making.
- Health-friendly – have you observe that when you are traditionally baking bread, some residues that come from fire go directly on the surface of the bread as well. And it can be hazardous because burnt particles are considered carcinogens, which can trigger certain kinds of cancer.
With the use of an electronic bread maker, you will not have to worry anymore of risking yourself from cancers. For the reason that there will be no burn residue while using a bread maker because the primary medium of getting heat is electricity and not fire.
- Easier to sanitize – By using a bread maker, you are saving a lot of time in sanitizing because bread makers are stain-proof, which is easier to clean than baking the traditional way.
- Better texture and rise – The output of the bread if created through the use of a bread maker is much better in the sense that it is soft and at the same time not fragile.
- Less supervision needed – Thanks to modern technology, you do not need to check manually the status of the bread that you are making. For a reason, bread makers have a built-in feature that lets you know if the machine has already finished doing its thing.
- Portability – the good thing with this is you can bring it anywhere you want as long as there is an available electricity plug it will work anytime. For this reason, you can have the capacity to bake bread anywhere you want to, which makes the experience spectacular.
- Cooler environment – as we all know baking bread the traditional way in a furnace/oven could generate a lot of heat, which makes the place unpleasant. But with the use of a bread maker, this can be prevented thanks to the modern technology baking bread does not require a tremendous effort anymore.
- Accuracy – this is very important in the sense that you do not want to eat bread that is overcooked, which frequently happens on the traditional baking. With the use of bread makers, this kind of scenario can be prevented because of the technology features of bread makers.
- Much safer to use – in using this appliance, the primary source of energy that it uses is from electricity, which is much more reliable than using a manual oven which uses fire. For this reason, the risk of catching fire can be lessened significantly.
- Eliminates the stress in our lungs – by using a traditional oven we can’t prevent to inhale the smoke that emits, which gives us the possibility of getting certain lung diseases. But by using a bread maker which does not emit any smoke, we can make sure that our lungs are entirely safe.
What to Look For When Shopping For a Bread Maker?
When buying a bread maker, it is essential to double-check on these factors to make it sure that you made the right choice in buying that specific brand.
We came up with the following factors to look for when you plan to buy a bread maker. Here are the following factors below that you must consider:
- Quality of Materials – this is very important, especially on an object that the materials are made of and must be high-quality to ensure the safety of the person that will use it.
- Portability – it is very crucial in the sense that you can have the capacity to bring it anywhere you want to that is why you must consider the weight and the size of it. However, if you only plan to use it at home, you can disregard this factor anytime.
- Energy consumption – always go for a low-wattage bread maker, especially if you will just use it at home. But if you are thinking of using it for business then go for higher capacity bread makers who use more wattage.
- Kneading Paddles – in buying bread makers make sure that the kneading paddle is sturdy enough to handle the various thickness of dough for the machine to function efficiently. For the reason that you do not want a kneading paddle that is too thin, which can deform easily on extended usage.
- The thickness of the body – this is also pretty important to consider especially this kind of appliance uses heat; that is why it must be able to handle the heat that it will encounter.
- Baking time – in buying a bread maker, you must take into consideration how much time a bread maker can create bread for some reasons:
- Nutrients – The nutrients of the bread are retained because of lesser time of exposure to heat. You can save a lot of time and energy when a bread maker has a quick baking time. However, quick baking time must not compromise the quality of the bread created.
- Capacity – it comes to the question of how many are you in the household for you to have an accurate answer to this question. So obviously you have to buy bread makers that have a larger capacity if you have a larger family but expect that the wattage will be higher.
- Alarm – this is an essential feature of a bread maker that you should look for mainly because it gives you a signal that the bread machine has already finished baking your bread. This feature minimizes unwanted accidents that might happen because of unattended appliances.
- Removable bread pan- this is a great feature that good bread makers possess. Simply because having this promotes cleaner bread makers for the reason that you can quickly clean the interior of the machine which lessens the accumulation of breadcrumbs.
- Keep warm option – it is always advantageous to have this feature because you can save a lot of time and energy reheating bread. With this option, loaves of bread are kept warm for a much longer period.
- Safety-features – for an appliance that uses heat and high wattage consumption it is always a precautionary measure to see to it that the product is safe.
1. Hamilton Beach 29885
Hamilton Beach 29885 is one of the convenient options which has come new to the market, which helps you to make your bread loaves at home. It is so quick and easy to prepare it, add the ingredients, choose the cycle, and it starts working.
It has 14 different preparation cycles which could be selected according to the user’s wish. Apart from that, there are three different sizes which can be selected and three different shades of bread. Let us look at the features of this product.
- One of the best ways to prepare your bread at home. Now prepare white, brown, French, Gluten-free, artisan bread, and much more.
- The breadmaker machine has a stainless steel design, which is a perfect fit for your kitchen.
- This machine has the option to choose the bread size as well as crust shades. The sizes available for bread are 1, 1.5, and 2 lbs, and the shades which could be chosen are light, medium, and dark.
- It comes along with a non-stick pan.
- The bread tastes good and is satisfying.
- The time taken by this bread maker to prepare the loaf of bread is 3 hours.
- It is noiseless in its functioning. Now you need not have to get disturbed in the kitchen while preparing food.
- The machine is quick and easy to use. You can conveniently prepare your bread at home without being dependent on stores. Just add the ingredients, choose the cycle, and start it.
- The pan is easy to be cleaned as it is made up of Non-stick coating.
- It has 14 different preparation cycles.
- There is no Keep-Warm option available in this product.
2. Kent Atta and Bread Maker – Easy Touch Bread Maker
Kent is one of the trustworthy brands in India now. From various water purifiers to now breadmaker, Kent has made a special place in the Indian kitchen. With this kent Atta and bread maker, you can bake bread and knead atta in a most hygienic way.
You can be sure enough that the bread you are making is very clean because it will not have any contact with human hands.
If you are searching for a bread maker that has the touch of elegance and functionality, this one is definitely for you. This bread maker is also perfect for chapattis and puris lovers out there.
- Color: Steel Grey
- Dimensions: 36 x 24.5 x 30 cm
- Power consumption: 550 watts
- Weight: 11 kg
- Warranty: the 1-year product warranty
- 19 Pre-set menus: has different kinds of settings to choose from for a more satisfying bread making the experience.
- One-touch automatic: the appliance is fully automated and very comfortable to use because of its “one-touch” system.
- Preservation free: Now bake the fresh bread without any preservatives, color, or chemical at your own pace and enjoy the healthy bread.
- The package includes a kneading panel remover, measuring cup and spoon as well as an instruction manual.
- It has a large interior which can let you make more bread than the usual bread maker.
- You will not have a hard time operating it because it is very user-friendly.
- The appliance is very easy to clean because of the wide opening, which can easily fit your hands inside while cleaning.
- It is power efficient, which only consumes 550w that is lower than the usual bread maker power consumption.
- The appliance is heavy, not advisable for outdoor use.
- It is pretty expensive.
3. Bajaj Platini BM01 Bread Maker – Functionality on a Budget
If you are planning to buy a bread maker but currently having difficulties because you do not know what to choose from, then, you might want to consider this. This is because Bajaj has produced a new product on their bread maker line that is budget-friendly. It cost a smaller price compared to other bread makers, which is a good thing because you can enjoy bread making without spending too much.
- Color: Black and grey
- Dimension: 39 x 31.4 x 32.6
- Weight: 3.75 kg
- Power consumption: 550w
- Warranty: 2 years warranty for the product
- Twelve menu options – which gives you the privilege to make bread according to your preference. Two of the most exciting presets that you can find in this machine are jam and cake pre-set.
- Loaf options – you can choose the preferred density of your loaves such as 700 grams and 900 grams.
- Crust options – there are three given selections that you can choose from which are light, medium, and dark.
- Keep warm function – this makes your bread maintain its warmness and will save you a lot of energy and time reheating.
- Color: It comes with multiple color options
- The delay timer that it has gives you the peace of mind if you have other work to do because you can leave the machine without worrying about any accidents
- If you love to watch how processes happen, then this is a great advantage for you because you can see the interior of it while in use through its large transparent viewing window at the top.
- It is very easy to carry, which makes it portable and advisable to bring outdoors. Added the fact that it has side handles which makes it comfortable to carry.
- The unit comes with a complete accessory such as the measuring cup, kneading blade, and dough hook.
- The pan is detachable and coated with non-stick finishing material, which makes it easy to clean and hygienic.
- The product is very affordable.
- It only has a very limited storage capacity due to its small size.
4. Glen SA-3034 Bread Maker – Aesthetically appealing
If you are looking for a bread maker that gives you the ability to view the inside while the bread creation process is ongoing, then this one is for you. Introducing a one of a kind bread maker that has a glass window on the lid and a unique rectangular box-shaped exterior that will surely do all its thing for you in bread making.
- Color: Black and silver
- Dimension: 43 x 29 x 37 cm
- Weight: 9.2 kg
- Maximum Capacity: 3.5 liters
- Power consumption: 615w
- Warranty: 1 year for product and an additional two years as an extended warranty.
- 12 Pre-programmed menus: with this feature, you can choose the kind of bread that you want as a finished product.
- Three crust settings: this feature gives you the control of how brown level of the final product of the bread you are making. The three options are light, medium, and dark.
- Cool-touch housing: it can give you the privilege to touch the machine even in use, and this can also prevent any unwanted accidents from happening such as burns.
- Built-in safety feature: has a cut-off power feature which gives an additional safety when a power failure happens.
- The machine has a pretty big storage capacity, which gives you the ability to bake a lot more bread than the usual bread makers.
- It has an audible signal which can give you a hint if it is already the time to put some add-ins and extras to your bread if required.
- You rest assured that you are completely safe because its body is fully insulated, which makes it very cool even it is in use.
- Despite its size, it is amazingly lightweight too, which makes the transfer of the machine from one place to another easy.
- The extended warranty gives the buyers great security that the bread maker will be good for long-term use.
- It is still considered as budget-friendly because it can accommodate a much number of serving for every use.
- The after-sales service is not up to the mark
- The wattage is a little bit high at 615 watts, which is pretty decent considering the high capacity storage that it has.
5. Sharp Table-Top Bread Maker – Stainless-Steel Elegant Body
This is for people who want an appliance that will surely last. This Sharp table-top bread maker boasts a stainless-steel body which will ensure the longevity of the appliance added the superior quality and functionalities of the product.
- Color: Grey and Black
- Power consumption: 600 watts
- Warranty: the 1-year product warranty
- 12 Pre-set menus: this will add up some twist to your automatic baking experience because you can make different kinds of bread because of this feature.
- Loaf-size option: you can choose the preferred thickness of your bread depends on your needs.
- Browning Control Feature: this will separate this breadmaker among its counterparts because of its high tech feature. With this feature, you can select how much brown your bread would be in its final product. The browning levels can range to light, medium, and dark.
- Auto-resume: this is a great feature as it will protect the product if a power outage happens. Also, it will not let you start all over again if a power interruption happens; it will just continue what you have started.
- The product is durable because of its stainless-steel material.
- Very easy to clean because of its stainless-steel body, which makes it stain-proof and sturdy enough to handle the massive amount of heat.
- You do not have to worry about what is going on inside because an LCD at the top of the cover will give you the details of what is the status of the bread-making procedure.
- All the features are fully automatic, which makes the process of making the bread easier than ever.
- Very easy to clean because of the wide opening of its mouth, which can give you easy access to its interior.
- It is good for people with all kinds of diet because of the preset feature.
- The product is a little bit expensive.
6. Nesco BDM-110 Automatic Bread Maker – Energy-Efficient Bread Maker
If you are a white bread lover, then you will love this bread maker. It boasts a pure white appearance which gives it a cleaner look, which is pleasant. Added the fact it is the most energy-efficient bread maker in the market.
- Color: White
- Dimension: 38.4 x 29.3 x 32 cm
- Weight: 4.99 kg
- Power consumption: 480w
- Twelve menu options – this is a great thing because you can have a lot of variation when making bread.
- Delay function – this is a great feature, especially if you are a busy person because you can set a timer on when the machine can start to process the ingredients.
- Energy-efficiency – it only uses 480 watts of power, which is very low compared to its counterparts that is why you can save a lot of electricity using this.
- It is very user-friendly because there are no complex things that you need to execute for it to function. It also possesses the least number of buttons which explains why it is a user-friendly advantage of it among the other bread makers in the market.
- You can save a lot of energy from this because of its 1-hour keep-warm function, which keeps you from reheating the bread from time to time.
- You can also view what is happening on the inside while it is in use because of its viewing window.
- The large LCD gives a very easy look for its users that are having a hard time reading very small text. This is very applicable to people who have eyesight problems.
- The package includes two measuring cups, spoon, mitt, and hook.
- The kneading motor rotates only one direction
- The design is not that stylish, and the price is a little bit high for its features and design.
7.SKG Gluten-Free Whole Wheat Bread Maker – Portable and compact Bread Maker
If you are a kind of person that is health conscious, then you might want to try this gluten-free bread maker by SKG. A compact and handy bread maker that will surely give you a very pleasant bread making the experience.
- Dimensions: 35.6 x 23.9 x 30 cm
- Weight: 3.89 kg
- Color: Grey and white
- Power consumption: 550 watts
- Warranty: the 1-year product warranty
- 19 Pre-set menus: you can choose on a wide variety of bread that you can make that is why you will surely not get bored on your everyday bread making routine.
- Loaf-size option: you have three options to choose from 1 lb, 1.5 lb, and 2 lb bread. It just depends on how hungry you are!
- The product is compact and light, which makes it very suitable for outdoor use as well.
- It is energy efficient, which is good for people who are conscious of their electricity bills.
- It has a unique timer setting which can give you the ability to wake the appliance upon a specific period without interfering. It is also made to ensure that the bread is always fresh.
- It is very easy to clean because of its non-stick material on the interiors, which makes it resistant to stains and other dirt.
- The product does all the work for you because it is all automatic meaning after putting the ingredients inside the bread maker, set the options, and you can leave it and let it do its thing for you.
- It has a non-skid bottom which prevents the machine from moving because of vibration while it is in use. This is an added safety feature because as we all know, bread makers emit a vibration that is why there is a possibility that it might fell off the table while using.
- It has 15 hours delay time and 15-minute power interruption recovery
- It is pretty expensive.
- Has a limited capacity only because of its small size.
8. Cuisinart Bread Maker – Premium Bread Maker
For people who are looking for luxury and top-notch bread making experience, then this is a must-try! However, you must be sure that you have lots of cash at hand because it never comes cheap. But there are certain plans which you can choose from like monthly payments, etc. Nevertheless, you must go after this if you are looking for a premium bread maker.
- Color: Black and silver
- Dimension: 25 x 40 x 35 cm
- Weight: 8 kg
- Power consumption: 600w
- Twelve preset programs: twelve carefully chosen preset programs that you can choose from to have a variation on your bread on your daily basis of consuming it. For this reason, you will surely not get bored of the usual kind of bread that you are eating.
- Automatic nut and seed dispenser: this is an amazing feature of this bread maker simply because it knows the exact amount of ingredients that it will put. Can you imagine that top-notch accuracy that it gives!
- Crust options: there are three given selections that you can choose from which are light, medium, and dark.
- Convection feature: this feature gives the bread maker a perfect circulation of the air inside, which makes the bread that you are baking more desirable.
- It has huge storage space for better bread-making experience and at the same does not consume much electricity as well.
- The paddle is removable, which ensures that there will be no holes at the base of the bread, which usually happens in using a bread maker.
- The design is very sleek, which is perfect for adding some elegance to your kitchen.
- It is very easy to clean because of its wide mouth and removable components.
- It is super expensive, that is why it is not suitable for people who do not have a financial capacity to spend that much on a bread maker.
- The product is pretty big, which makes it difficult to bring the item outdoors.
9. Vitek Multi Cooker-Cum-Bread Maker – Multipurpose Bread Maker
Some people like to buy an appliance that they can use for various uses and not only for one specific use. If you are that kind of person, then this is definitely for you! Introducing Multi-Cooker Bread Maker from Vitek, this bread maker will surely give you the most out of your bread making experience!
- Color: Black and white
- Power consumption: 800w or 900w (depends on the option)
- Warranty: 2-years product warranty
- 15 Pre-set menus (for bread) and 68 modes (multi cooker) – the 15 preset menus for the bread gives all the options that you needed for the desired bread that you crave. And the 68 modes offer the different selections that you can do with this all-in-one machine such as steaming and frying.
- 3 Heating elements – with this feature you can control the wattage of the machine and the wattages will depend on what purpose you will be using the multicooker (e.g., Steaming, frying, baking, and atta making)
- Energy-efficient – because it cooks and bakes food at a concise period.
- It includes a free recipe booklet which can aid you in cooking or baking your favorite recipes.
- It is a great deal mainly because you can use it for a lot of other purposes other than bread making. For this reason, you are just like buying different types of machines for the price of one.
- It has complete accessories that are included in the deal such as measuring spoon, ladle, spatula, bowl lid, deep frying basket, cheese draining sleeve, and many more!
- The LCD will keep you updated on what is going on inside the machine while in use.
- The product is also very easy to clean because of its non-stick coated material. Expect that it is also stain-proof because of this, which makes it very pleasant and hygienic to use.
- It has a delay start cook mode, which makes it very safe and comfortable to use. This is very convenient, especially when you have appointments or other errands at home because you can control when to start cooking.
- The product is costly; however, it is understandable enough because it is an all-in-one machine.
- After-sales service is not good
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it cheaper to make your bread at home?
When you take all the ingredients to make your bread at home, it will come out to be cheaper as when you buy the same size of loaf from outside.
2. How long does homemade bread last?
Homemade bread can last up to 2-4 days. While storing the bread, choose a cool and dry place at room temperature as heat and humidity can cause the bread to mold, and it would not last long.
3. How long does a breadmaker take?
The time taken by breadmaker to make bread depends and varies from product to product. On average, most bread recipes take around 3 hours to prepare.
4. Are bread makers Energy-Efficient?
Yes, they are simply because the bread gets ready in a much shorter period, unlike traditional baking procedure. Added the fact that you will exert less effort because you will just put the ingredients on the bread maker and it will do the rest for you.
5. What if I left my bread maker unattended can it cause a fire?
No, a newer model of bread makers have a built-in safety feature which cut the power of if it has already exceeded the required time for heating/cooking.
6. Can I bring the bread maker outdoors?
Absolutely yes, it comes to the question of how portable your bread maker is and the availability of an electric plug-in the area. You must take into consideration the size and weight of the bread maker if you want to bring it outdoors.
7. Are there any difference between bread that is made using a bread maker and a traditional oven?
you cannot tell any difference regarding taste and appearance at all except for the burnt residue of the bread, which is normal with the use of a traditional oven.
8. How can I be assured that the bread maker that I will be buying online is in good condition because I will not be able to test it personally before buying?
Rest assured that you are secured when you buy a bread maker online if you are buying from a trusted online store like Amazon even if an issue arises such as a factory defect a warranty is given to the buyers to give them protection if an unwanted scenario happens.
9. How to clean the inside of the bread maker?
A trick for a much convenient cleaning is you can use a brush or a bulky sponge so that your hand will not have a hard time reaching the beneath and the corners of it.
10. How can I make sure that the bread maker will last long if I bought it?
This will vary depends on the user. A precautionary method that you can do is to avoid any spill of water on its electronic components to avoid any major damage. Also, clean the item carefully to maintain its smooth function.
11. Can I make any kind of bread inside the bread maker?
Absolute yes again, as long as the ingredients can fit in the bread maker. There are also several recipes that use a bread maker to make bread all over the internet for proof.
Right now, I guess you have somehow an idea of what bread maker best fits you, but with regards to our preference these three bread makers caught our attention:
We recommend Bajaj Platini because it is cheap but does not compromise the performance of the product. The Nesco BDM-110 Bread Maker is preferable because it is effortless to use and at the same time, all of the features that are integrated there are no-nonsense.
For the high price range bread maker, we go for the Cuisinart Bread Maker because of its premium features. Although the price is very hefty, it is very worth it anyway, premium features never come cheap, and we know that. I hope this article helped.