Best Water Purifier Under 10,000
All living organisms require water for a living. It is an essential substance that covers 71% of the earth’s surface in the forms of rivers, lakes, oceans etc. However, the abundant supply of water available on earth is not fit for human consumption. Water Purifiers solve this issue by filtering water through their advanced purification technology. Hence, they are a necessity in every household.
Price is always a significant factor during the purchase of any product. The quality of a product is not always indicated by its price. There are several water purifiers available in the market that come with dynamic features and a reasonable price.
This article mainly focuses on the best water purifiers that are available under the budget of 10 K. We have provided all the information about the types of water purifiers that you can purchase under 10,000 rupees.
Moreover, We have added the working of water purifiers for your better understanding and the buyer’s guide hopes to help you make the right choice. This is followed by the List of the most recommended water purifiers that you can purchase from the Amazon links provided below each product. In the end, you will also find a few FAQs
Top 12 water purifiers under 10,000
The Sleek and Stylish Model
The Sleek and Stylish Model
The Best Storage Option
The Best Storage Option
The Best UV Water Purifier
The Durable and safe water Purifier
The Environmentally safe water purifier
The Economical Water Purifier
BARC Patented Filtration Technology
Long Membrane Life
Great Value for Price
Working of Water Purifiers
Water purifiers work on different mechanisms and technologies. The water is made to pass through the different stages of an advanced purification system that include pre and post filters.
Often sediment filters are used as pre-filters that remove the mud, dirt and dust particles from the water while the activated carbon filters are used as pre and post filters to remove excess chlorine from the water that is harmful for human consumption.
It is also important to understand the working of Multistage water purifiers like RO+UV, RO+UF, and RO+UV+UF.
Types of Water Purifiers you can buy under 10,000
There are a number of water purifiers under 10,000 available in the market that come with great features. Almost all types of water purifiers can be purchased in this price range.
Among the electrical water purifiers, UV water purifiers and RO water purifiers are easily available. However, it is not always possible to obtain a RO+UV water purifier since most of them come in a price range above 10,000 rupees.
On the other hand, there are a number of options available for non-electric water purifiers.Water purifiers that use sediment filters activated carbon and UF technology can be a great choice as they are known for their reasonable price. A combination of RO+UF and UV+UF along with sediment filters and activated carbon can also be purchased.
Another type of non-electric water purifier which is effective in water filtration, very reasonable and is a popular purifier is Gravity Based Water Purifiers. They use the mechanism of gravity for the purification process. These water purifiers are further divided into two types- Gravity-based Candle Filter Purifiers and Gravity based filters with the chemical capsule.
Buyer’s Guide Water Purifiers you can buy under 10,000
Type of Water Purifier
There are many water purifiers available in the market that come under the budget of 10,000 rupees. You can choose a water purifier based on the purification technology that is the most suited for the type of water available at your home.
Go through the Types Of Water purifiers and make a choice as per your requirement. Almost all the types of water purifiers are available under 10,000 except RO+UV that cost more than 10,000.
Test the quality of water
It is very important to understand the type of water quality that is supplied to your home before buying a water purifier. Thus, it is essential to Test The Quality of water and then decide which type of purifier is required for the removal of contaminants from the water.
While purchasing a water purifier for your home, it is important to understand the drinking water requirement as per the size of your family. The purification capacity of the purifier you buy should be at least 60 liters per hour so that you get enough supply of healthy and safe drinking water for your family that is free from all contaminants.
Most water purifiers that use Reverse Osmosis (RO) during purification comes with a storage tank made of ABS food grade plastic or stainless steel that is safe for storing drinking water.
Even Gravitation based water purifiers come with a storage option. This allows you to have access to purified water at all times. Ensure that the storage capacity is at least 7-12 literswhich are enough for you and your family.
On the other hand, most UV water purifiers do not come with storage tanks so that you are always provided with fresh drinking water. Hence, storage capacity is an important factor to take into account making a purchase.
A mineral filter is required especially for a water purifier that uses RO technology as a purification technology. The mineral filter maintains the pH of the water and enhances the taste of it. Moreover, it retains all the essential minerals so that you can enjoy the goodness and the nutrients of the water.
A UV failure alert notifies you when the lamp fails to work so that you can change the lamp on time. While filter alerts indicate when it is time to change the filter.
Apart from Error alerts, other features such as purification-on indicators and full tank indicators are also significant. The purification on indicator notifies you about the purification process while the tank full indicator lets you know when the tank is full.
An advanced monitoring system constantly monitors the purification process of your water purifier. It stops the water purifier automatically if there is any error during the stages of purification. This prevents the water purifier from supplying water that is not purified and harmful for human consumption.
Hence, this feature is important in every purifier to ensure safety or no drinking water. This keeps your family safe and healthy!
Warranty and after sales service
Warranty is an important factor during the purchase of any product. Choose a brand that offers you the best guarantee of the product with great after sales service. The water purifier you buy should have at least a 1-year warranty on the product. Moreover, certain brands also provide a 6-month warranty for the filters and cartridges.
You can also enjoy 4 years of happiness with a one year warranty plus 3 years of free service. Thus, it is important to check for these added benefits.
Type of Installation
There are water purifiers available that can be mounted on the wall or placed on the counter.These type of purifiers are compact, they don’t take up much space in the kitchen and add an attractive look to your kitchen.
Under the sink counters which use RO technology for purification, on the other hand, are installed under the sink. They are not visible to people and save a lot of space in the kitchen. Hence, you can choose a purifier as per your preferred installation.
Moreover, go for a brand that offers free installation within 3-5 days of purchase. So that you don’t have to wait for the technician for a long period of time to come and install your purifier.
1. Aquatec plus Advance Plus Water Purifier
Aquatec is an ISO certified company that manufactures water purifiers to meet quality standards. This RO+UV+UF+TDS comes with a purification capacity of 12 liters. It is capable of removing up to 99% of contaminants so that you obtain water that is safe and pure for drinking purposes. The model has a compact size making it ideal for even the smallest kitchen.
- Weight- 8 Kg.
- Capacity: 12 L.
- Purification technology: RO+UV+UF+TDS.
- Suitable for the purification of tap, municipal and brackish water up to TDS of 2000 ppm.
- Comes with free filters and fitting accessories.
- Constructed using ABS food grade safe material.
- Comes with a complementary free-filter for safety and long lastivity.
- Compact size will allow you to fit it in even the smallest kitchen.
- ISO Certified company that meets all the quality requirements ensuring safe and pure drinking water.
- According to a user even though 12 l is mentioned it can only store 8 l.
2. Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier – The Sleek and Stylish Model
Livpure Glo is a RO+UV water purifier that is an ideal choice for any household because of its high purification rate. The sleek and stylish white model fits perfectly into any kitchen, enhancing its overall look. It ensures the water that is free of all kinds of contaminants because of its advanced filtering system. Purified water with all the essential minerals and an enhanced taste is provided at an instant.
- Type of purification: RO+UV technology removes dissolved solids and kills the various disease-causing germs and bacteria to provide safe drinking water.
- It has a storage capacity of 7 litres.
- Warranty: 1 year on the product.
- It comes with tank full, power on and purification process indications that provide user convenience.
- The six stage advanced purification process includes a sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter, RO membrane, UV disinfection column, silver impregnated post carbon filter and a mineralizer.
- The UV disinfection column has a purification capacity of 24 L/hour.
- Color: white.
- The water purifier eliminates bad taste, smell, bacteria, viruses, germs, dissolved solids, and heavy metals, ensuring the provision of safe and pure drinking water for your family.
- It ensures 100% pure water that is obtained at an instant.
3. KENT Maxx 7-Litres UV + UF Water Purifier with detachable storage tank – The Best Storage Option
The Kent Max purifies water with the help of UV+UF purification technology that ensures all the contaminants are removed. The type of tank makes it a must have as it comes with a large 7-liter storage capacity that is enough to provide purified water at all times. The tank is safe and durable while the transparency makes it visually appealing and more convenient to know the water level. Moreover, the detachable feature makes it easier to clean!
- Type of purifier: Electric with storage.
- Purification technology: It uses UV+UF purification to ensure that all the contaminants and even the micro-organisms are removed.
- Installation type: Wall mounted or table top
- It has a storage capacity of 7 liters allowing you to drink pure and safe water whenever you want.
- It has a purification capacity of 1 L/min or 60 L/hour.
- Type of tank: It is transparent that makes it visually appealing and it is made of food-grade plastic that offers safety and durability.
- It has a high power 11 watt UV lamp that deactivates all the micro-organisms from the water.
- Kent Max has two unique features – filter change alarm and UV fail alarm to notify the user when it is time to change the filters and the UV lamp.
- Warranty on the product: 1 year.
- The Activated Carbon is used as a Pre-filter in the purifier which eliminates bad taste and odor, providing purified water that is healthy, tasty and safe to drink.
- The water storage tank is detachable making it easy to clean and maintain while its transparent cover allows you to know the level of water in the tank.
- It does not require any manual intervention since it has a fully automatic mode of operation.
- The push-fit components of the water purifier prevent water leakage and wastage.
- The model is CE and ISI certified. Hence, it is rigorously tested and meets all the requirements of the testing standards.
- It is not suitable for areas with a high level of Total Dissolved solids (TDS).
4. R. K. Aqua 15 Liters RO UV UF Mineral Water Purifier – Award Winning Design
The 5 stage purification technology of RO+UV+UF including the mineral technology and TDS controller removes the contaminants, impurities, and micro-organisms from the water while maintaining its taste and essential minerals. The award-winning design and automatic monitoring make it a convenient option to have in your kitchen. It is also CE and ISO certified hence you never have to worry about the quality of water and the health of your family.
- Purification Technology: 5 stage purification including RO+UV+UF+ TDS Controller and advanced mineral technology.
- Storage capacity: 15 liters.
- Input voltage: 24 volt DC.
- Minimum inlet water pressure: 0.3 kg/cm^3.
- Constructed using ABS material.
- UV lamp: 11 watts and RO membrane: Hitech 75 GPD.
- Automatic monitoring does not require user supervision.
- Removes 80-90 percent contaminant, micro-organisms and impurities.
- Award-winning design.
- CE and ISO 9001:2015 certified to meet quality standards.
- The filter stops working after a few days
5. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier – The Best UV Water Purifier
Eureka Forbes is a leading name when it comes to water purifiers. The Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus water purifier is another great under the budget purifier that uses UV purification in order to disinfect the water from disease-causing germs. The purifier comes with a backflush that removes stagnant water and a Biotron Cartridge that allows you to enjoy the goodness of water. The European design makes it the ideal model for the aesthetics of your kitchen.
- Type of Water Purifier: Electric water purifier without storage.
- Purification technology: It uses UV purification to disinfect the water from the various disease-causing germs, bacteria and other micro-organisms.
- Power Consumption: 18 watts and UV lamp wattage: 8 watts.
- It can be installed wall mounted.
- It has a water flow rate of 2 L/min.
- Its purification chamber includes a Clarity Cartridge, Activated Carbon Cartridge, Mineral Guard, UV Chamber, and a Biotron Cartridge.
- It has a backflush that removes stagnant water and keeps the filters clean.
- The water purifier comes with a voltage stabilizer that protects the water purifiers and makes sure that the purifier works perfectly even during voltage fluctuations or low voltage.
- Warranty on the product: 1 year.
- It is recommended for water sourced from municipal corporations with low TDS levels.
- Color: White.
- It has an Electronic monitoring system that detects any malfunctioning of the UV lamp to assure safe or no drinking water.
- The Biotron Cartridge breaks down the water molecules so you can absorb them easily and enjoy the nutrients and goodness of the water.
- The life of the cartridge is 6000 liters.
- It has an Auto shut off feature that turns off the UV lamp when it is not in use for 10 minutes. This enhances the life of the UV lamp and saves power consumption.
- The Advanced Mineral guard technology retains the essential minerals in the water while removing the harmful elements like lead and pesticides.
- It has a European design that adds to the look of your kitchen.
- It does not have a storage option which allows you to store water for situations like the absence of electricity.
6. HUL Pureit 5-Litres Classic RO+MF Water Filter – The Durable and safe water Purifier
Hul Pureit is an innovative brand of water purifiers introduced by Hindustan Unilever. This Hul Pureit Classic is another model known for convenience at a reasonable price. The tap is designed to have a break-resistance up to 50,000 times to ensure its longevity. On the other hand, the RO+MF water purifier ensures overall durability because of its material of construction. It is the best to convert hard water of up to 1800 ppm to soft and sweet water.
- Purification technology: It uses RO+MF technology that brings the TDS levels in the water to safe drinking levels by removing up to 90% of all dissolved solids.
- It has a storage capacity of 5 liters so that you can get purified water even when there is no electricity.
- Power rating: 36 watts.
- It has a purification capacity of 9-12 liters per hour.
- Color: White.
- The Germkill Kit-1 is designed to give approximately 3000 L of purified water and Germkill Kit -2 gives approximately 6000 L of purified water respectively depending on input water pressure, TDS and water temperature
- Warranty on the product: 1 year.
- RO Membrane type: Thin film composite spiral wound.
- The water purifier comes with a continuous supply of water that ensures the tank is full at all times.
- The advanced six-stage purification turns hard water of up to 1800 ppm into soft and sweet water, for an enriched drinking water experience.
- The tap has a break-resistance that is tested up to 50,000 times to ensure its longevity.
- It ensures chemical free water by protecting your family from the ill-effects of lead, mercury, pesticides, insecticides etc.
- The material used for construction is food safe, non-toxic, engineering grade plastic that ensures its safe use and durability.
- It comes with an advanced voltage protection guard that protects your purifier from sudden voltage fluctuations and allows it to work perfectly.
- As per a user review, it causes water leakage even when it is off, hence there is wastage of water.
7. Blue Star Aristo RO+UF AR3BLAM01 – Our choice
Blue Star Aristo water purifier is our number one recommendation that works on the technology of RO+UF to ensure that the water is free from rust, heavy metals, coarse particles, and other dissolved solids. The six-stage purification process is teamed with an aqua taste booster that enriches the entire drinking water experience. Moreover, the large filter capacity and 7 liters storage capacity ensures an ample amount of water for your family.
- Purification Technology: Double layered protection of RO+UF that ensures the water you drink is absolutely safe without any compromises.
- It has a six-stage purification process which comprises a pre-sediment filter, pre-carbon filter, sediment filter, RO membrane, UF membrane and post-carbon filter with aqua taste booster (ATB).
- The water purifier comes with a storage tank capacity of 7 liters for immediate consumption of water for your family.
- It has a 10-inch filter of large capacity that ensures efficient purification process.
- Power consumption: 30 Watt.
- It comes with a tank-full indicator that highlights when the tank is full while the purification-on indicator highlights the purification process of the purifier.
- The purifier has a cute and stylish design that adds a modern look to your kitchen.
- Color: Black.
- It comes with an Aqua Taste Booster (ATB) uses calcite media which enhances the taste and helps maintain the optimum pH level of water, thus enriching your experience of drinking water.
- The RO removes dissolved impurities, microorganisms, heavy metals, and radioactive matter, while UF filters remove particulate matter.
- The Copper impregnated activated carbon not only removes the smell, odor and volatile organic compounds from water but also has antibacterial properties.
- It has a child lock button on the tap to protect your purifier from unnecessary wastage of water.
- It comes with a low-pressure alert that indicates low pressure in the input water supply to the purifier.
- The RO membrane is of high quality, hence providing a high purification capacity for ample amount of drinking water supply.
- As per a user review, the water leaks out after the tank gets full.
8. KENT Ultra Wall-Mountable UV Water Purifier – The Environmentally safe water purifier
The Kent Ultra wall mountable UV water purifier saves space in the kitchen and is known for its compact size. The purification capacity of 60 L/hour provides an ample amount of water for a large family. The UV lamp disinfects the water from micro-organisms without affecting its taste, pH scale or odor in any way. This makes it the most user-friendly and environmentally safe water purifier.
- Purification technology: 3 stage UV purification technology ensures disinfection of the water and removal of contaminants as well as the micro-organisms.
- It uses a combination of Sediment Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, and UV Disinfection provide drinking water 100% safe.
- It comes with a high power 11 watt UV lamp that deactivates all the disease-causing micro-organisms from the water.
- Purification capacity is 60 L/hour.
- It comes with a UV fail alarm to notify the user when it is time to change the UV lamp.
- It is a compact wall mounted water purifier that saves space in the kitchen.
- It has a maximum duty cycle of 120 L/day.
- The model is fully automatic in operation and operates freely without the need for any manual intervention.
- Warranty: 1 year on the product
- The model is constructed using ABS food grade plastic which ensures safe use and durability of the purifier.
- The water purifier provides safe drinking water while maintaining the pH and taste of the water
- It has a compact design that makes it easy and convenient to install in your kitchen.
- The Kent model is CE and ISI certified assuring that it is rigorously tested and it meets all the requirements of the testing standards.
- It is suitable for areas with low TDS to remove disease-causing germs and bacteria.
- It has a SMPS (Switching Mode Power Supply) which is inbuilt, this allows the water purifier to work perfectly even during voltage fluctuations.
- As per user reviews, the output flow of water is very slow.
9. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart 20-Watt UV Water Purifier – The Economical Water Purifier
The Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard is a UV water purifier that purifies water even during voltage fluctuations. It is reasonable for its great features and hence one of the most economical water purifiers on the list. The white model is convenient because of its smart energy saving mode and auto-off features. Moreover, the purifier ensures safe water at all times.
- Purification technology: The 3 stage superior UV technology uses ultraviolet light to ensure the water is safe and made free of disease-causing micro-organisms.
- It does not have storage capacity.
- It has a maximum flow rate of 2 L/min.
- The water purifier has a technologically advanced UV lamp sensing mechanism that automatically monitors the functioning of the UV lamp and stops the water flow if there is an error with the purification process.
- It comes with an error indicating that alerts you when there is an error in the purification process.
- Warranty details: 1 year on the product.
- Color: white.
- Power consumption: 20 watts.
- The water is 100% purified and this purity is retained from the time it is dispensed from the nozzle until it reaches the bottle or glass.
- The high flow rate ensures faster provision and storage of the purified water.
- The spiral quartz glass tube of the UV water purifier is protected with a powerful UV dosage.
- Aquasure Smart is known to be the most economical UV purifier for its price and unique features.
- The UV lamp is automatically switched off if the water is not drawn for 10 minutes because of its energy-saving mode, enhancing the life of the lamp.
- The voltage stabilizer protects and makes sure that the purifier works perfectly even during voltage fluctuations or low voltage.
- It comes with a glass tray holder that allows you to place the bottle or glass on, for convenient filling of water.
- As per a user review, you have to wait for some time till the machine is activated and the water starts pouring.
10. Dophin Uf Water Purifier White Color – BARC Patented Filtration Technology
Dolphin UF is a unique alternative to an affordable option to purify water. It is the most user-friendly domestic water purifier that uses a UF purification technology that is patented from BARC Mumbai. The three-stage filtration ensures removal of the virus, bacteria along with arsenic, fluoride and foul smell. This non-electric purifier can provide crystal clear water at all places.
- Water purifier type: Non-electric water purifier.
- Purification Technology: The water purifier uses UF technology to remove the contaminants from the water.
- The UF membrane is of 0.01 micron, that has a patented technology from BARC Mumbai.
- Superfine solids get deposited on the surface which has to be cleaned.
- It uses activated carbon as a filter to remove any kind of bad odor from the water.
- It comes with Activated alumina that removes arsenic and Fluoride that are harmful for human consumption.
- It can remove both bacteria and viruses from the water.
- The water purifier comes with a storage camper that fills automatically without manual intervention when the water level is reduced.
- The Ultra Filtration Technology used by this water purifier is developed by the country’s most trusted research institute, namely BARC (Bhabha atomic research center).
- It is simple to use a water purifier that can be used at homes, schools, offices etc.for obtaining pure drinking water.
- It needs NO electricity.
- The Dolphin UF can provide you with clean, crystal clear water by removing turbidity from it.
- It ensures that not even a single drop of water is wasted.
- The water purifier requires almost zero maintenance since the membrane life is of 3-5 years which can be changed easily at home.
- It cannot purify salty water.
11. Livpure Glitz Plus-RO+UF – Long Membrane Life
Livpure Glitz Plus is a RO+UF water purifier that provides 12 Litres/hour of purified water by removing dissolved solids, heavy metals, pesticides, insecticides as well as bacteria, cysts etc. The purifier comes in a white color modern design that enhances the look of your kitchen. The Antiscalant cartridge ensures the long life of the membrane by preventing scaling.
- Purification technology: The six-stage RO+UF purification technology provides safe drinking water by removing dissolved solids, heavy metals, pesticides, insecticides as well as bacteria, cysts etc.
- The storage tank has a capacity of 7 liters.
- The purification capacity of 12 L/hour provides an ample amount of safe drinking water for your family.
- It can be wall mounted, hence saving space in the kitchen.
- Warranty type: Onsite service, during the warranty period. The sediment filter and activated carbon filter will be replaced and two preventive maintenance will be provided free.
- Color: white.
- It comes with a free preventive maintenance service.
- The purifier can remove turbidity, chlorine, calcium, magnesium and a wide range of hazardous organics like pesticides and THM.
- The antiscalant cartridge prevents scaling on the membrane. Thus, increasing the life of the membrane and improving the purification capacity.
- The indicators like the power on, purification and tank full indications make it much more convenient to use.
- The taste enhancer enriches the taste of the water which enhances the total drinking water experience.
- As per user reviews, the service of Livpure is not up to the mark.
12. Aqua Active Misty Royal RO+UV+UF Plastic Water Purifier – Great Value for Price
Aqua Active is a well-known company that deals with the manufacture of water purifiers, especially the ones that work on RO technology. The purifiers are known for its reasonable price and great features. The Aqua Active Misty uses RO+UV+UF to purify water. There is a very rare number of water purifiers that use all three purification technology at this price point, making it a unique product that offers great value for the price.
- Purification technology: RO+UV+UF technology provide us with safe and purified water to drink.
- The storage capacity of 15 liters provides ample water to be readily available at all times for a family.
- Installation type: wall mounted which saves space in the kitchen.
- It comes with an auto shut-off option.
- This aqua active water purifier comes with membrane life enhancer, pre-filter, and one spun filter.
- Warranty: 1 year on the product.
- It is a black and sleek model that enhances the look of your kitchen.
- Aqua active is an excellent choice for healthy hydration.
- It comes with a TDS controller that retains the essential nutrients in the water.
- The ABS food grade plastic construction ensures safe use and durability of the product.
- The water purifiers not only makes the water taste great and refreshing, but it also helps you avoid impurities and improve health.
- It uses the combination of all three purification technologies of RO, UV, and UF that remove dirt, bacteria and any other harmful elements to give you safe drinking water.
- As per a user review, the quality of the plastic is not up to the mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is better RO or UV Water Purifier?
RO water purifier is an ideal choice for purification of hard water with a TDS level higher than 200 ppm. It is capable of converting hard water into soft water and also remove dissolved solids, impurities, and heavy metals. On the other hand, UV water purifiers should be used for soft water as they are only capable of killing the disease-causing germs and bacteria. They are incapable of removing dissolved solids, heavy metals or the dead micro-organisms.
Thus, RO water purifier is a better option. However, you can also go for a RO+UV water purifier.
2. Is RO water safe?
Yes, the water purified by the RO water purifiers is completely safe for drinking as it removes all the dissolved solids, chemicals, and heavy metals from the water including arsenic, lead and zinc. However, it is good to go for an RO water purifier that comes with a mineral booster so that it retains the essential minerals which might otherwise be lost during the purification.
3. What should be TDS of RO water?
The normal TDS of drinking RO water should be between 60-100 ppm.
Price sometimes proves to be a significant restraint for the purchase of a good quality product. However, the quality of a product is not always determined by its price. There are many water purifiers available in the market with unique features and an affordable price.
Here, we come towards the end of the article with the hope of being able to help you find the right water purifier for your home under the budget of 10,000. The buyer’s guide is sure to guide you find the suitable option while the top ten water purifies are a list of the unique water purifiers available under 10,000 for you to choose from.