Best Gravity Water Purifiers
We all want our families and loved ones to consume water that is safe and healthy for consumption. Water purifiers are the best solution for getting safe water. There are different types of water purifiers available in the market for you to choose from. However, the best budget-friendly non-electric water purifier is undoubtedly the Gravity Based Water Purifier.
This article provides an insight into the types and working of gravity water purifiers. The comprehensive buyer’s guide explains all the necessary factors a first-time buyer should keep in mind before making a purchase. We also provide a detailed review of the top ten gravity-based water purifiers followed by the links to purchase them from the leading e-commerce website Amazon.
Top 10 Gravity Based Water Purifiers
The safe Gravity Based Water Purifier
Practical Design with GermKill Technology
The Durable Stainless Steel Model
Best Value for Money
Compact Gravity Based Water Purifier
Enhanced Barrier with the Kitanu Guard
The Lightweight Design
Blend Of Tradition and Technology
Easy to Clean and Maintain
Working of Gravity Based Water Purifiers
Gravity-Based water purifiers function without electricity. Instead, they use the principle of gravity to purify water. Most, gravity-based water purifiers come with a transparent tank made of ABS food-grade plastic or stainless steel, which consists of two compartments. The water is filtered as it flows from the top compartment to the bottom compartment without the help of any external force.
The filtered water is collected in the storage tank for the ready availability of purified water at all times. These water purifiers do not require running water or electricity and are hence the perfect options in areas with a scarcity of water or electricity. The water obtained from gravity-based water purifiers is safer than chemically pure water and better than boiled water.
Brands That Provide Gravity Based Water Purifiers
We mention some of the brands that provide Gravity based water purifiers:
The Tata Swach is a water purifier brand of the Tata Chemicals, a part of the Tata Group in India. It deals with the manufacture of compact, cost-effective, user-friendly water purifiers for low-income families. This brand comes with several non-electric gravity-based water purifiers under three main variants, namely Tata Swach, Tata Swach Smart, and Tata Swach Smart Magic. It is known for its Tata Swach Bulb filer and Nanotech purification technology.
This is an Indian healthcare products company with its headquarters in Noida Uttar Pradesh. It deals with the manufacture of various products, including water softeners, vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, etc. The Kent water purifiers are mainly based on RO (Reverse Osmosis) water purification. However, it has also brought us some great gravity-based water purifier models like the Kent Gold and Gold Plus.
Hul Pureit is the most advanced and innovative brand of water purifiers brought to you by Hindustan Unilever. It ensures complete protection from all water-borne diseases. The main heart of the Pureit Classical gravity-based water purifier is its GermKill kit.
This is a consumer goods company based in Mumbai which was founded in 1982. It deals with home security systems, water purification, air purification, vacuum cleaning, etc. Eureka Forbes has brought us many water purifiers based on different purification technologies, including gravity-based purification.
Livepure is known to be one of the most trusted water purifier and air purifier company that ensure a healthier life to consumers. It offers RO+UV water purifiers and also deals with the manufacture of several cost-effective gravity-based water purifiers like the Livepure Fit that features a Kitanu guard for added protection.
Types Of Gravity Based Water Purifiers
Gravity-Based Water Purifiers are of two kinds, namely–
- Gravity Based Candle Filter Water Purifiers
- Gravity Based Water Purifiers With Chemical Capsule.
You can go to the links to read more about them.
Buyer’s Guide For Gravity Based Water Purifiers
Go through the following factors before buying a Gravity Based water purifier for your home. These points will help you make the right choice.
Purification technology and Filters
Most water purifiers that are gravity-based comes with an activated carbon filter that removes the harmful pesticides along with a UF membrane that blocks the coarse particles and disease-causing micro-organisms. On the other hand, specific model, especially the HUL Pureit comes with a GermKill kit that includes an activated carbon filter, a germ-kill processor and a polisher that removes bad taste and odor from the water.
Thus, it is essential to test the quality of water and then choose a Gravity-based water purifier with a purification technology that is best suited for the water you are supplied. Go for this water purifier type only if the TDS content in the water is low.
The overall capacity of this type of water purifier is divided into two compartments. The top compartment usually holds the raw water that is to be purified while the lower compartment stores the purified water for the ready availability of drinking water.
It is necessary to choose a storage capacity, which is sufficient for the size of your family. The combined capacity of your water purifier should be in the range of 18-23 Liters.
The type of tank is also a significant factor of a gravity-based water purifier. Ensure that the water purifier you purchase comes with a transparent tank made of ABS food-grade non-toxic plastic or 304-grade stainless steel.
Both of these materials of construction keeps the water safe as well as increases the life-span of the water purifier model. Moreover, a transparent tank allows you to know the level of water in the tank.
The purification rate should be at least 9-12 liters per hour. This ensures ample amount of purified drinking water for the average family size. Thus, it is important to check the purification rate and choose a product as per the size of your family.
This ensures that there is no shortage of drinking water throughout the day and prevents your family from having to wait for drinking pure water.
An auto-shutoff feature is an added advantage which you should consider while purchasing a gravity-based water purifier for the first time. This feature automatically stops the flow of water when the cartridge or filter life expires. This ensures that you are always provided with safe drinking water or no drinking water.
Warranty and after-sales service
A brand does play a part when it comes to purchasing any water purifier product. The minimum warranty of a gravity-based water purifier should be six months-1 years. Go for a brand like Kent, Eureka Forbes, or HUL Pureit which offers the best warranty and after-sales service.
Ease of Cleaning
Maintaining the hygiene of your water purifier is important. Gravity-based water purifiers require regular cleaning so that the water you drink is always safe and clean. Thus, go for a water purifier that is easy to clean using just liquid soap and running water. However, you should always use purified water for cleaning the tank.
Gravity-based water purifiers are placed on the kitchen counter and are always visible to people visiting your home. Thus, a sleek, elegant, and space-saving design is the perfect blend for your modern kitchen.
Moreover, go for a model with a high base stand that provides support and easy positioning of the glass while drawing water. This adds to the convenience. It is also necessary to go for a break-free resistance tap for its longevity.
10 Best Gravity Based Water Purifiers
1. Eureka Forbes Aquasure 20-Litre Water Purifier – Our Choice
Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amrit is a gravity-based water purifier that makes the water pass through an intricate mesh of positively charged nano-fibers to remove all kinds of bacteria, cysts, viruses and other impurities from the water. It is 100% chemical-free to provide your family with ample amount of purified water that is both safe and healthy.
This model comes with a natural shut off feature that ensures safe drinking water or no drinking water. Hence, it always keeps your family safe and healthy.
- Storage Capacity: It has a storage capacity of 20 liters that provide an ample amount of water through the day.
- It has two cartridges with a 750-liter life each for a family of 4 members which last up to 4 months.
- It has a sleek and elegant design that blends with the modern kitchen.
- The Aquasure Amrit comes with a warranty of 6 months.
- It is suitable for Up to 350 TDS
- It comes with a natural shut-off feature.
- This gravity-based water purifier can provide water that does not require boiling, even in the absence of electricity or running water.
- It is capable of removing all kinds of bacteria, cysts, viruses, and other micro-contaminants.
- The model has a very simple cleaning process that requires you to hold it under running water.
- The natural shut-off feature cuts off the water supply when the cartridge life expires. This ensures safe or no drinking water.
- It is made of food-grade non-toxic plastic that is safe and ensures the durability of the product.
- Users have complained that the cartridge life is very less and has to be changed frequently.
2. KENT Gold 20-Litres based Gravity Water Purifier – The safe Gravity Based Water Purifier
Kent is a top brand when it comes to water purifiers. It offers the best warranty, which includes a one year warranty plus three years of free service. The Kent Gold is our number one choice when it comes to gravity-based water purifiers that are tested to meet the testing standards.
The blue transparent tank has a large storage tank of 20 liters that allows you to obtain purified water at all times. The durable water purifier model is the ideal choice for any kitchen that is supplied with low TDS water.
- Purification technology: It uses hollow fiber ultrafiltration (UF) membrane of 0.1 microns to purify the water.
- It uses nano-silver carbon for better disinfection and purity of water.
- Storage Capacity: The storage capacity of the water purifier is 20 liters that are divided into 7 liters for raw water and 13 liters for purified water.
- It is a non-electric gravity-based water purifier that does not use any chemical to purify water.
- Kent Gold holds CE, NSF and WQA gold seal certification that ensures the model is tested and meets the testing standards.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty plus three years no service charge.
- It comes with a transparent tank that enables you to know the water level in the tank.
- The Kent Gold water purifier model is constructed of ABS food-grade plastic that ensures durability and longer life of the product.
- The UF membrane is spin-welded by the latest technology to ensure high-quality permanent joints and a longer membrane life lasting up to 4000 liters.
- This water purifier comes with a high base stand that allows easy positioning of the glass to draw water.
- It requires daily cleaning of the membrane, and the sediment filter needs to be changed every ten days.
- You need to wait for a long time for the water to filter.
3. Pureit Classic 23-Litre Water Purifier – Practical Design with GermKill Technology
The Pureit Classic gravity-based water purifier is known for its programmed GermKill technology that programs the multi-stage purification process that makes the water safe and fit for consumption. The GermKill is designed to include two variants depending on the TDS and input water pressure.
This Pureit water purifier is indeed the best in its range of storage purifiers. The large storage capacity of 23 liters is another reason to have this model at your home.
- Purification technology: It goes through a multi-stage purification process through a programmed GermKill Technology.
- It has an activated carbon trap to remove pesticides from the water, making it safe for consumption.
- The total purifier volume is 23 liters while the storage capacity is of 9 liters, which provides an ample quantity of water for your family.
- The germ-kill one is designed to provide purified water up to 1500 Liters while the germ-kill 2 gives purified water up to 2250 Liters depending on the TDS and input water pressure.
- It comes with a 6-month warranty.
- The purifier is constructed of non-toxic, food-safe, engineering grade plastic that ensures durability and longer life of the product.
- It can remove one crore virus from 1 liter of water.
- It comes with a break-resistance tap that is tested up to 50000 times to ensure durability.
- The practical design does not require electricity, expensive gas, or continuous water supply to function.
- It comes with a germ-kill life indicator that indicates when it needs changing.
- The water purifier leaks are leading to wastage of water.
4. RAMA Gravity 8-Litre Water Purifier – The Durable Stainless Steel Model
RAMA is a leading manufacturer of water filters made of stainless steel for over 50 years. This RAMA Gravity Water Filter comes in three variants for you to choose from depending on its capacity (8 Liters, 12 liters, and 16 liters). It comes with a three-stage purification process that purifies the water as well as retains the essential minerals.
The stainless steel has a 10-year warranty that promises no breaks, cracks or rust. Moreover, it is an attractive model to have in your kitchen because of its polished mirror finish.
- Purification Technology: It undergoes a three-stage purification which includes – ceramic micro-filtration, sterilizing, and granular activated carbon.
- It comes with three variants to choose from- 8 Liter with a 16-liter volumetric capacity, 12 liters with a 24-liter volumetric capacity and 16 Liter with a 32-liter volumetric capacity.
- It works without electricity and provides pure water, even during power cuts.
- It is made of 304-grade stainless steel with a polished mirror finish making it an attractive model to have in your kitchen.
- The model comes with a 10-year warranty on the steel and a 1-year warranty on the other parts.
- The water filter is capable of removing 99.99% of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E.Coli, Salmonella, Cholera, Shigella, Terrigana and all other bacteria.
- It removes more than 99% of the virus from the water.
- The minerals are retained in the water enriching the drinking water experience.
- The stainless steel body does not break, crack, leak, or rust, ensuring its longevity.
- The cost to filter water using this water purifier is 0.05 per liter, which is a great investment with excellent returns.
- As per a user review, the tap is not up to the mark and leads to water leakage.
5. Prestige Non-Electric Water Purifier Pswp 2.0 – Best Value for Money
TTK Prestige is one of the largest kitchen appliances company. It focuses on the needs of the household and has brought us several innovative products that have made our lives simpler. Prestige has also emerged as a leading name when it comes to water purifiers.
The Prestige Non-Electric Acrylic water Purifier uses a 2 stage purification system to purify the water. It uses zero chemicals and hence provides water that is safe and healthy for your family at the lowest cost per liter. Thus, it is the best option for a valuable product.
- It comes with a 2 stage purification system where the first stage includes a pre-filter made of Non-Woven cloth to remove particulate and suspended impurities while stage 2 includes the Microbiological FACT filter cartridge which powers the FX BioSafe Filter.
- It comes with a total capacity of 18 Liters, where the storage capacity of purified water is 9 Liters.
- The water purifier has a fast flow rate of 8 liters per hour under gravity.
- It is 100% chemical free.
- You should Clean the prefilter at-least once in 15 days and keep the purifier away from the stove or direct sunlight.
- The floating auto-cut off feature cuts of the water supply if the filter cartridge is choked.
- The cartridge has a long life of 1500 liters. It is advised to replace the cartridge every six months.
- The water purifier is easy to clean using liquid soap and purified water.
- It is capable of reducing bacteria, pathogens, viruses, and cysts in the water by 99.99%.
- It reduces the taste of chlorine and any bad odor in the water.
- It has the lowest cost per liter of water, hence proving to be a water purifier with the best value for money.
- As per user reviews, the cartridge life expires very quickly.
- The tap starts leaking as the seal is not secure enough.
6. Tata Swach Smart 15-Litre Gravity Based Water Purifier – Compact Gravity Based Water Purifier
The Tata Swach Smart Plus is a compact model to have in your kitchen that does not require installation. It uses gravity-based technology along with the Tata Swach Bulb filter to remove one crore virus and 100 crore bacteria from 1 liter of water.
Thus, we obtain the purest water with no added chemicals for purification. The storage tank is made of food-grade plastic and can hold 15 liters of water making drinking water available at all times.
- Storage tank made of ABS food-grade plastic.
- Storage capacity: 15 Liters.
- Filter: Tata Swach Bulb.
- Purification capacity: 3000 Liters.
- Does not require installation.
- Gravity-based purification technology does not use iodine, bromine, or chlorine for the purification process.
- Color: Pink.
- Six months warranty.
- It is claimed for its superior performance both internationally and universally.
- Capable of removing 100 crore bacteria and one crore viruses from 1 Liter of water.
- It is a very compact and portable water purifier
- The upper part leaks when the storage tank is full.
- Cartridge life is short.
7. Livpure Fit Gravity 9-Litre Water Purifier – Enhanced Barrier with the Kitanu Guard
The Livpure Fit Gravity is another great non-electric water purifier that comes with 9-liter storage capacity. The durable food grade green plastic model uses a 4 stage purification process that includes a Kitanu Guard which is incorporated with USEPA Registered Disinfection Technology.
This is the highlighted feature of the model since it enhances the protection of water from bacterial, viral, and microbial infection up to 2000 liters at room temperature at one go.
- This non-electric water purifier has a 4 stage purification system that includes- a particulate filter, sediment filter, Bacteriostatic activated carbon filter cum absorber and a Kitanu Guard.
- The model comes with a storage capacity of 9 liters.
- It has a purification capacity of 12 liters/hour that provides ample amount of pure drinking water for your family.
- It is constructed using food grade plastic.
- The filter replacement cycle is 3000 liters.
- It has a replacement cycle of 2000 liters or 8 months, whichever is earlier.
- The Kitanu guard incorporated with USEPA Registered Disinfection Technology provides enhanced protection from bacterial, viral, and microbial infection of water up to 2000 liters at room temperature at one go.
- It is capable of purifying water without any chemicals by removing organic impurities such as pesticides, insecticides, etc.
- The food-grade plastic material ensures safe use and durability of the product.
- A user had complained about the quality of the material used.
8. Blue Mount Magna 18 L Water Purifier – The Lightweight Design
Blue Mount is known to be India’s number one choice when it comes to providing alkaline water purifiers. The Blue Mount Magna comes with a seven-stage purification system that ensures complete purity of water. It enhances the taste of the water due to its mineral technology.
This model has an ergonomic and classy white semi-transparent design that is lightweight. This makes it easier to carry around.
- It comes with a 7 stage purification system that includes – a sediment filter, activated carbon, sediment cloth filter, mineral stone, anti-bacterial ceramic stone, zeolite ceramic ball, and far-infrared ceramic balls.
- This table-top gravity-based water purifier comes with an 18-liter storage tank with 11-liter clean water capacity.
- Awarded India’s greatest brand 2015-16
- It has a purification capacity of 20 liters per hour.
- The cartridge comes with a long life of 3000 Liters.
- The tank comes in a classy white semi-transparent design.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
- The water purifier has an ergonomic design which is lightweight and compact, making it convenient to place and carry it around.
- It provides pure chemical-free water that is devoid of micro-organisms and other impurities such as dust, dirt, sand, chlorine.
- The mineral technology removes bad taste and smells from the water.
- It is constructed using food grade, unbreakable plastic that ensures safe water and durability of the product.
- The large storage capacity ensures a continuous supply of purified drinking water even in the absence of electricity.
- As per user reviews, the water supplied for drinking is not purified by the filters.
9. TTK Prestige Tattva 2.0 Copper 16-Liter Water Purifier – Blend Of Tradition and Technology
This is another great water purifier model from Prestige that uses the advanced FACT filter to disinfect the water from bacteria, virus, and other impurities. However, the main characteristic feature of this water purifier is its 16-liter copper storage tank.
This water purifier is the perfect example of tradition meets modern technology. The copper has anti-microbial properties that kill bacteria and adds to various health benefits.
- The advanced FACT (Fibrillated Adsorbent Cellulose Technology) filter removes the bacteria, viruses, and other impurities from the water, keeping it safe and clean.
- It has an average filtration rate of 9 liters per hour.
- The total storage capacity of the purifier is 16 liters.
- It comes with a copper storage tank which keeps the water safe and healthy.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer.
- The copper storage tank has anti-microbial properties that kill bacteria from the water along with enhancing digestion and hemoglobin synthesis, boosting the immune system, strengthen bones, etc.
- The filtration process is free of chemical, ensuring safe water for your family.
- The filter is capable of removing 99.99% of pathogenic bacteria and water-borne viruses.
- The advanced FACT filter allows greater capacity and longer filter life.
- The tap will leak if not fitted properly.
- The maintenance cost of this water purifier is higher compared to the others.
10. Tata Swach Desire + 27-Litre Gravity Based Water Purifier – Easy to Clean and Maintain
Tata Swach uses innovative technology to provide a wide range of water purifier model for you to choose from. It is the first water purifier brand to win global awards across different categories. The Tata swatch desire is another example of a great product.
The water purifier is ideal for TDS levels up to 1500 ppm. It comes with a high flow rate of 6 liters per hour and a large storage capacity of 27 liters, which is the largest in the list. Moreover, the compartments are easy to clean and maintain without the help of any customer service making it very convenient for the user.
- This gravity-based water purifier uses Ultra-filtration technology to purify the water.
- It comes with a tank with a 27-liter capacity that includes 14 liters of purified water storage and 13 liters of upper water storage.
- It has a high flow rate of 5-6 liters per hour.
- The cartridge has a life of 6000 liters up to 1.5 years.
- The water purifier is ideal for water with a TDS level-up to 1500 ppm.
- It has a 6-month warranty on the product.
- The body of the model is constructed using scratch-resistant, unbreakable food-grade plastic that ensures safe water and durability of the product.
- It has an anti-biofouling feature for a better life and less frequent intervention.
- The compartments are very easy to clean, and the product is easy to maintain with any customer service.
- The attractive black and blue design provide your kitchen with an elegant look.
- As per a user review, the cartridge has to be cleaned after every two weeks.
Gravity-Based Water Purifiers are the best options when it comes to low budget water purifiers for low TDS water. They are ideal to use in areas where there are electricity shortages since they do not require electricity to function. The chemical-free water purifiers always provide your family with drinking water that is safe, pure, and healthy.
Here we come to the end of this article. The comprehensive buyer’s guide and the detailed review of the top 9 products will help you find the perfect water purifier for your home. You can go for our number one choice, namely, Eureka Forbes Aquasure 20-Litre Water Purifier. The rest of the water purifier models are also great options for you to choose from.