8 Best Smart Door Cameras
Your home’s safety is always a priority. With the advanced technology where we have products that turn our home into a digital smart home, video doorbell has become a must-have product for a safe and secure home.
Smart door cameras can live stream and record the video. You can always know who is at your front door even when you are away from home. You can also run the pre-recorded messages for guests and even provide control from a remote location if you are away from home. For added security, you can even install IP cameras outside your home.
This article will help you know in detail what a smart doorbell is, how does it work, a comprehensive buyer’s guide, and 8 best smart door camera India. Along, with this, the article also answers the most frequently asked questions
Top Doorbell Camera in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best motion tracker
Easy to Install
What is a smart doorbell?
The smart doorbell is nothing but an improvised version of day-to-day audio doorbells. It is a device connected near the front door of the home, and it gets activated when someone presses the switch of a doorbell and send the relevant message on homeowners phone or other connected electronic devices.
A smart doorbell has an attached camera that records or live stream the actions happening near the front door of the home. It a good device to save time answering unwanted guests and serves as a safety guard when you have an unwanted guest at the door.
Smart ring doorbell usually has a high-definition camera and inbuilt motion sensors that locate the motion of guests, recognize the face of guests, and alert the homeowner. Once the homeowner gets the notification, he can interact with the guest at the doorstep without opening the door of the home.
How does a smart doorbell camera work?
Smart doorbell camera works by live-streaming the video images of outside your front door, so you don’t have to open the door or peak through the peepholes or a window.
It streams the camera feed on electronic devices like mobile, tablet, or pc. It can even record it 24/7 so you can watch it anytime. The main function of it is to allow the homeowner to view the movements next to the door discreetly.
It can connect to your home’s existing doorbell as well as home’s WiFi. When you push the ring on the doorbell, it comes and sends a notification on your smartphone via WiFi. Some doorbell camera also uses motion detector to sense if there is someone on your front porch.
You can live stream using the doorbell camera’s app. Some door cameras also record video footage when motion is detected or the bell is pressed. This allows you to view the video at your convenience. You might need cloud storage or removable storage to save the clips.
Many doorbell camera also comes with two-way talk functionality. You can have an active conversation with the visitor with the help of an app through your smartphone
Best doorbell camera buying guide
Smartphone alerts and remote live-view video
It would be efficient if you could connect your smartphones with the doorbell cameras so that you would seamlessly get all the updates and notifications about the activities outside your door. It will also help view the live-video if someone arrives outside.
As we are discussing the camera, it’s obvious that we need to pay attention to the resolutions of images that it capture. Currently, the doorbell camera can capture up to the 1080p resolution images and videos while some budget-friendly cameras do it as low as 480p.
The rule of thumb is that the higher the resolution, the clear and sharper the image. So always buy a camera with a higher resolution.
Field of View
It is defined as the area that the camera can see. A camera with a narrow field of view can cover the less area and vice versa. Usually, the smart doorbell camera has a 180° angle view, which means it can see whatever in front of it and to each side of it. Some camera has a 90° angle view and can only see everything in front of it.
So, it is important to have a camera with a wide field of view so that you can keep an eye on a large area in front of your home.
This is one of the core functions of the smart doorbell camera. When enabled, it provides live images or video feed directly to your smartphone. It helps to keep watch on the surroundings in case you are away from your home.
It’s obvious to pay attention to this while buying a doorbell camera. Thieves usually get active during the dark, and you don’t want to get in trouble opening the door for a totally strange person in the middle of the night.
Camera with night vision can provide a clear view during the dark of night and provides 24/7 security. With a night vision enabled camera, you can see who is at your doorstep in the middle of the night.
Some doorbell cameras come with audio features while some don’t. Those who have this feature allow two-way audio transmission for better communication.
Having a smart doorbell camera with the audio feature allows you to interact with the guest at the door. This function becomes helpful when you don’t want to open the door but need to interact with the person standing next to your door.
The doorbell camera runs on electricity. They either take it from the batteries, or they can be hardwired into the existing network of doorbell wires. If your hose does not have a specifically designed network of wire for the doorbell, then you might need to arrange for it or buy the doorbell camera that runs on batteries.
Fast Performing App with Great Support
They are called SMART for a reason. These doorbell camera can connect with the app in your mobile and let you see who is at the doorstep. But what if the app itself is not coded well and have bugs?
You need an app that syncs faster with the doorbell camera and allows you to view who is at the door within a fraction of second. The buggy app may cause the delay, and it takes long to load the images until which the person at the door may leave.
Some doorbell cameras come with the ability to store the data over the cloud for 30 days. This way, you can store the video footage of the last 30 days on the cloud, and it may become helpful evidence when someone tries to steals from your house in your absence.
Though cloud storage is not necessarily having, it is a plus point. If your doorbell camera company does not provide this function, you can buy cloud space from somewhere else at a low price to store your footage back up.
Interoperability with Other Devices
Often, people use smart doorbells camera as a stand-alone device. But now we have a variety of such other devices that are smart and can operate with each other to make things more convenient at home.
If you have Alexa at home, then you might need it if it supports its command or not. Also, if you are not using the smart home security and want to have a doorbell camera, then look if it can support the IFTTT service. IFTTT is a great internet service that allows you to automate several small tasks with great ease.
Design & Features
Though the design doesn’t play any crucial role while buying the doorbell camera, you might need to see how it is designed as it comes in various shapes and sizes. Usually, cheaper options have bulky design and are heavy while the expensive one has a great design and have great finishes.
A few seconds delay in transmission of video and ring are accepted, but some doorbell takes considerable time to push the live video/images on the phone. So, you need to pay attention to the latency time of the doorbell before you purchase it.
Apart from the things that we have discussed above, you need to pay attention to some other features too. See if it has face recognition ability and if it can tag the name of the person it recognizes. Also, accurate motion sensing technology plays an important role in identifying the difference between the person and other moving objects like a car, tree, etc.
1. Godrej Security Solutions Solus – video door phone – Editors Choice
Godrej is one of the leading companies in India that provides various security solutions for the home. From the durable locks to the digital door phone, they have everything in their arsenal.
Ideally, Godrej security solutions do not fit in the definition of a smart doorbell camera; it serves the exact purpose as the smart doorbell camera.
The only difference between both of them is that the smart camera taps into the WiFi network and displays the video/image on the screen of the phone or tablet. But this device comes with a dedicated screen where you can see image/video.
- This device has two major units, one outdoor unit that consists of a camera and one indoor unit that consist of a screen and phone to communicate with the visitor.
- The whole system usage 8 watts and 220 to 240 volts power for operation.
- The indoor display is 4.3 inches wide and provides better video experience.
- It can work in the dark of night with the help of LED for night vision.
- The device supports the installation at two doors for better security.
- The device comes with a built-in intercom, which helps you to communicate with the visitor without opening the door.
- Godrej added some extra security to the outdoor unit to safeguard it from water and tried to make it vandal resistant.
- Like many other doorbell cameras, this also has the ‘Do not disturb’ function.
- Sturdy, vandal-resistant device
- Comes with a 1-yr of warranty
- Free installation from Godrej
- Can work with AC power unit
- Has a door lock & release function
- The device has multiple units that make installation difficult for some.
2. MOGOI Smart Doorbell Security Camera – noise-free conversation
Keep your home secure with the MOGOI Smart Doorbell camera, which is a new addition to the market. Now talk to your guest if they come and you are not at home. The infrared night vision helps you to see the activities outside your doorstep. Let us look at the features of this product.
- This product automatically records all the movement outside your door while you are away from home or inside your home.
- The camera supports loop recording, which means that multiple videos can be stored in it, and the videos which have expired are automatically deleted to allow new videos to be recorded.
- Connect your IOS and Android smartphones with this smart doorbell camera. You just need a Wifi connection to set up the system.
- The camera is equipped with an HD and 170-degree wide-angle lens, which shows you high-quality videos and also makes way for noise-free conversation.
- The infrared night vision allows the camera to record seamlessly during the night as well. It ensures that your home is safe from robberies at night.
- While you are not at home and some guests have visited you, you can easily talk to them using this camera. You can watch the real-time videos on your smartphones as well.
- You need not have to change the modes, the day and night mode are switched automatically.
- The installation is very easy. You can set up a wireless smart door system using compatible apps for IOS and Android.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Hikvision Video Door Phone
Hikvision door phone comes with a self-adhesive system that makes it easy to install. The door phone has a wide LCD camera and hands-free video intercom communication facility, allowing the visitor to communicate with the homeowners.
The video door phone is worth the money. It has all the features of doorbell cameras.
- The door phone device has seven inches standing screen display screen.
- It is compatible with Hikvision CCTV systems
- Unit-to-unit video calling system enabling the homeowners to communicate in different units.
- It comes with echo-cancellation technology that ensures high-quality voice transmission.
- Built-in loudspeaker and Omnidirectional microphone
- The whole system uses 5 watts and 12 volts of power for operation.
- It is made with aluminum alloy and uses a corded electric power source.
- Convenient to install by a local electrician and easy to operate.
- The outdoor and indoor units can be used in two-way communication by pressing the relevant keys.
- One indoor unit can be connected to 2 outdoor units; likewise, one outdoor unit can be connected to 3 indoor units.
- Good voice quality.
- The picture quality can be improved.
4. Zicome Awake Always Video Door Phone
The Zicome Awake Always video door phone enables you hands-free operation. You can check who is at the door without taking the efforts of going to the main door.
This way, you can avoid opening doors to strangers. This video door phone comes with a photo memory support. You can adjust the brightness, contrast, and volume according to your preference.
- The videophone door has a 7-inch color TFT LCD, which enables you to talk to visitors without opening the door.
- It has a large screen which lets people with eyesight check upon visitors easily.
- Small kids who find it difficult to reach the peephole or magic eye can view visitors easily on this video door phone.
- It has an electric door release with a day and night auto switch.
- Image sensor is 1/3 rd CMOS, and the shutter type is auto.
- It consumes a power of 120V DC, and it requires a power of 110 – 120 V.
- The unit operates easily at a temperature ranging from 0-70 degrees celsius.
- It has a backlight balance
- This video door camera is waterproof with IP44.
- It has built-in CMOS sensors that produce high-quality pictures that are easy to see.
- It has three record modes, manual, motion, and event.
- It has 16 different melody ringtones.
- It has a compact design that is ultra-thin and elegant. Due to which it easily blends with almost any interior.
- It comes with dual way hands-free communication.
- It comes with night vision with LED lighting around camera lenses, which lets you view the visitor even in darkness.
- It would have been better if the screen size was a little bigger.
5. Auxtron Digital Doorbell Camera – Easy to Install
One more digital doorbell camera from Auxtron that managed to get on our list, and it has a reason why we included it. Auxtron provides well designed, sturdy, and easy to install doorbell cameras.
This one also comes with the same features but comes at a lower price than the one mentioned above, as well as its design differs drastically than the one that we reviewed earlier. It is easy to install and needs to be installed in a 35-75mm thick door with a peephole that has 14 – 22mm diameter.
- This doorbell camera provides 24-hour security surveillance.
- Uses infrared technology to provide the night vision so the homeowner can see the clear picture of the visitor even in the dark.
- It has a TFT, HD, 3.5-inch wide display, which is big enough to display a clear picture of the visitor.
- It can monitor and record the data with time and date stamp so that the user can go back to saved data and see what happened on a specific date.
- The camera provides the 120-degree viewing angle, which covers the fair amount of area and good enough for the homes.
- It is operated on AA batteries, which can be replaced when the voltage goes down. Also, it comes with an indicator that will twinkle when the battery voltage is down.
- It supports the micro sd card for the storage of data up to the 32GB.
- It can bell 32 pleasant ringtones and also has the ‘Don’t disturb’ function, which, once enabled, do not ring the bell.
- Easy installation.
- It can capture a clear picture of the visitor.
- Do not disturb function.
- Better security in the night with night vision.
- Poor battery life.
- Do not have two-way communication
6. IFITech Battery Powered HD WiFi Smart DoorBell – Multi-User enabled
IFITech smart doorbell camera is one of the best product from the ‘IFIHomes’ – a company that came with various easy to use and install products that helps people to live the ‘Smart Home’ concept. From the hidden camera to the solar-powered lantern, IFIHomes has everything that you need to make your home better.
IFITech team believes in delivering high-quality products that require little knowledge to install. In short, almost all of their products are insanely easy to install, and this doorbell is not an exception for this rule. Apart from its easy installation, it’s super low power consumption made us include this on our list.
As per the IFIHomes, the bell’s working time is more than the six months (but is subject to change as per the usage of bell).
- It provides the 85-degree horizontal angle of view and 120-degree vertical angle, so you can see who is at your doorstep.
- It can connect with your tablet or mobile phone and allow the homeowner to have the two-way talk with the visitor.
- It provides high-quality images with 1080×720 pixel resolutions.
- IFITech provides a QR code to easily install and set up the app on tablets and mobile phones.
- Video footage or images can be saved in the SD card for later reference.
- Multiple phones can be connected at the same time so that all family members can have access to the video feed from the camera.
- It comes with a 1MP IP camera with a 3.6mm lens with an H.264 video compression format.
- Easy to install and comes with a quick app setup option
- Multiuser enabled for better security.
- Provide high-resolution images.
- Relatively cheap device
- Has pleasant doorbell sound
- Batteries are not rechargeable.
7. Auxtron SF525 3.5-inch HD Motion Detection Digital Doorbell Camera – Easy integration
Auxtron exclusively deals in the security and surveillance devices for an affordable price. Whether you need a car dash camera or smart doorbell for home security, Auxtron has everything. Their security devices are usually compact, wireless, and run on batteries that last longer.
Auxtron SF525 smart doorbell camera is an ultrathin device that comes with the 4 step installation. It can be installed using the peephole without any electric connection as it has built-in space for the lithium batteries.
- Utilizes the peephole of the wooden main door for installation.
- An ultra-thin device that can record the video and images on motion detection.
- It is equipped with a 3.5-inch TFT HD LCD color screen that can display the video in 480×320 pixel resolutions.
- The camera has a 120-degree view angle and can fit into the 35 to 120mm thick wooden door with 14 to 60 mm wide peephole.
- Run on theBL5C lithium batteries and does not require any external electricity support.
- Night vision enabled camera with 2pcs IR LEDs.
- Comes with the 25 pleasant ringtones.
- Do not disturb mode – Allow owners to put the bell in silent mode so that it doesn’t ring even after the visitor press the bell button.
- Video and images can be saved up to 32GB memory.
- Saved images and videos can display the date and time when they are captured.
- As like other cameras on the list, this is also easy to install the camera, but it utilizes the peephole for easy integration.
- Time and date stamp on the saved images and videos allow a better understanding of visuals if something goes wrong.
- Photo and video can be directly reviewed on the device screen.
- Motion detect technology activates the video recording when it detects any activities up to the 3 meters from the camera.
- Does not have a mobile app, so you can’t use it from the remote location.
- Battery life is only 3-4 days with IR and PIR.
8. BEESCLOVER Wireless Video Doorbell – Cost effective
Beesclover smart doorbell camera is the cheapest option among the all that we have listed on our website. Though it is cheap among all, it is managed to provide all the required functions that a homeowner wants.
Available in black and silver color, this little beast weighs around the 280 gm and extremely easy to install. As like most of the other devices, this also runs on the battery and doesn’t require any external power source.
With several useful features like real-time video playing, low battery consumption, and instant push notification for mobile devices, it becomes a go-to product for the homeowners.
- The doorbell device is 5.65 inches long, 2.93 inches wide, and weighs about 280 gm.
- It comes with the 2.4Ghz wifi connectivity and can connect with your phone or tablet. You can watch and communicate with the person standing at your door using your phone.
- It is a night vision enabled device for better security.
- 166-degree wide-angle camera lens provides the maximum surveillance space.
- It has a motion detection feature enabled with the PIR sensors. It detects and captures the possible motions in the camera range.
- It is a battery-powered but low power-consuming device so you can expect it to run longer.
- It comes with the seven days free cloud storage option that allows you to store the video footage for free for seven days.
- It can easily be installed near the main door and doesn’t require any wiring.
- Has a wide-angle view.
- Provides all-in-one features like night vision, motion detect, two-way communication & cloud storage, etc.
- Does not have a memory card, so the storage option limited to the cloud storage.
- Does not come with the batteries, and it needs to be purchased separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are doorbell cameras Wireless?
The doorbell cameras are indeed wirelessly. You just need to have the device charged. Setup the connection between the doorbell camera and your smartphones. Now you would be easily able to observe all the activities outside your home.
2. How to prevent WiFi doorbell from hacking?
Every technology has its advantage and disadvantage, so does the smart doorbell camera system. It is an extremely useful device that helps to make your home safe and secure. It allows constant surveillance at your porch and keeps track record in the form of video footage.
But did you know that it can be hacked? As it utilizes the wifi or home network, it is vulnerable to hacking, but the good news is that with some steps, such hacking can be prevented. Here are a few tips that will help you to prevent the hacking of your smart doorbell camera system.
Before we begin, we need to understand the basic working mechanism of the doorbell camera. Such devices work by connecting with your home wifi and synchronize themselves with all other electronic devices that they are compatible with.
As we can see, first of all, the camera connects to the router and starts sending the video or images to the internet. Once it pushes the data over the internet, data becomes available for all other connected devices, and you can access it from anywhere.
When we look closely, we can understand that the security breach can come from three different locations in the network –
- WiFi network
- The smartphone that accesses the data
To avoid hacking from these three locations practice the following tips –
- Update the hardware of the doorbell camera – To keep it secure, update the firmware of the camera whenever the new version of the doorbell becomes available. This way, it becomes compatible with all other systems and provides an extra layer of security.
- Secure Home Router – People often forget to change the password of their router, so it becomes an easy target for hackers to enter your network and hack whatever they want as far as it connected to the WiFi network. To avoid such instances, change the router password and try to keep it as strong as possible.
- Securing Home Internet – Home internet network refers to a WiFi network that you use at home. To create an added layer of security, you can use the completely new network dedicated to the doorbell camera or other video surveillance devices. If possible, add separate switches and entirely different WiFi SSID for these devices. Doing so makes it impossible to hack into your system virtually as well as physically. This is the best practice to follow.
- Add Password to Doorbell Account – Doorbell camera manufacturer often add default username and password to the whole system, and you should change it as soon as you put these devices on your network.
3. Do doorbell cameras record all the time?
It all depends upon the manufacturer. As some doorbell cameras provide CVR function, which means it comes with ‘Continuous Video Recording’ ability. Some of them record the video only when any activity is performed like a visitor ring the bell or camera detects the motion. Some doorbell camera overwrites the data.
4. How much a doorbell camera cost in India?
With increasing awareness about home safety and the availability of smart home devices, the market share of smart doorbell cameras is rising for the last few years.
Though with the increasing demand for doorbell camera devices, the price should have come down. But it didn’t happen that way. The average doorbell camera device can cost somewhere between Rs. 3000 to 15,000, depending upon what features you want.
The doorbell camera with the basic function will cost you less. In contrast, others that come with advanced features like capturing the real-time video/images & storing it for feature references, night vision, motion detect, and multi-user accessibility can cost more.
Considering the safety, they provide to the home. It is a wise decision to purchase a feature-packed product that costs a fair amount of money and doesn’t go heavy on your pocket.
5. How motion detection work in doorbell camera?
The doorbell camera uses an infrared motion detection technique to identify moving objects. This technology works by seeing heat emerged from the various objects in front of the camera and wind waves triggered by those objects.
Usually, these doorbell cameras detect the motion up to 30 feet from the lens, but this distance varies according to the manufacturer. Once the motion is detected, a smart doorbell camera sends the push notification to all the users, and they can receive the call and interact with the visitor.
Once you install the smart doorbell camera, you will wonder how you lived without having one at your home.
These doorbell cameras serve the best purpose and safeguard your family, home, and other property from harm. It just a way to get some mental peace knowing that you have added one more layer of security for your family. Our picks: Godrej Security Solutions Solus – video door phone, MOGOI Smart Doorbell Security Camera, and August Doorbell Cam Pro.
We hope our buying guide will help you to secure your family too. Before you choose any doorbell camera, do not forget to go through our recommendation and then decide which fits best for your home. If you have any questions or know some better security devices that you want us to write about, then feel free to comment below.