Best 28 Inch – 32 Inch LED TV
LED TV is the most commonly used display as of right now because of its lower power consumption and viewing advantages.
Back in 2013, LCD used to be the king of display technology, well in a sense, it still is because LED is just an upgrade of LCD. LED TV is just an LCD (liquid crystal display panel) with an LED (light-emitting diodes) backlight instead of a cathode backlight, which is used in an LCD TV.
LED gives you a couple of advantages over LCD’s, it has the thinner form factor, lower power consumption, and with high end LED arrays. It supports a micro dimming feature where the LED arrays are divided into zones, which helps in dimming the illumination of the specific zone to make the blacks much truer and much richer.
In this article, you will find different types of 28 inch LED TV along with buyers guide, a list of top 28 inches LED TVs and a few FAQs
Table Of Contents
- 1 Types of LED TV’s based on Resolution
- 2 LED TV Buyers Guide
- 3 1. LG 28LF452A 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV
- 4 2. Sony BRAVIA KLV-28R412B 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
- 5 3. LG 28LH454A 70 cm (28 inches) HD LED IPS TV –
- 6 4. Panasonic Viera 28C400DX 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV
- 7 5. Samsung UN28H4000 28 inches 720p LED TV –
- 8 6. Panasonic 71 cm (28 inches) 28D400DX HD Ready LED TV –
- 9 7. Croma CREL7069 71 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
- 10 8. AKIVA 70cm (28 inches) A2819 FULL HD LED TV –
- 11 9. Noble Skiodo 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
- 12 10. Samsung 28J4100 71.12 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
- 13 Conclusion
Types of LED TV’s based on Resolution
The Resolution of digital television is the number of distinct pixels in each dimension that can be displayed. It can be described as width by height, with units being measured in pixels.
For example, 1920×1080 would mean a width of 1920 pixels and a height of 1080 pixels.
Resolution is very simple terms means how finely an image can be resolved. Below are the most commonly used display resolutions. There are lower resolutions, but you won’t find any TVs with Resolution lower than 720p, and even if you do, it’s not worth buying as it doesn’t give you good picture quality.
Full HD TV (1280x720p and 1920x1080p )
These are the most commonly used and the most basic Resolution for an LED TV as of right now. If you are on a budget, these are the ones to look into as they are pretty good. Also, most of the content right now is still 1080p, so it makes sense to buy it.
720p and 1080p are pretty close in terms of picture quality.
In India, we don’t have all sources that are 720p or 1080p; still, most of the television channels are transmitted at 480p, which is a lower resolution (standard television).
4K UHD TV
4k is four times the resolution of 1080p.
However, today we don’t have a lot of native 4k content, so what the TV will do is scale the 1080p content by four times to fill in the picture and be visible on a 4k television.
Of course, this will look pretty good, but anything lower than 720p will look soft and terrible.
These are pretty expensive but brings a big change in the picture quality such that it’s almost breathtaking.
HDR (high dynamic range) this technique attempts to make the image on your TV look truer to life.
It reveals more details in the shadowy areas of an image and in blown-out bright areas by exposing the image multiples times to compensate for the limited dynamic range.
These are the best type of TV that you can get in terms of picture quality, but the content is very limited, and you need a Blu-ray player along with the display in order to play HDR content.
LED TV Buyers Guide
In this guide, we are going to give you all the tools you need to consider while buying a 28 inches LED TV.
HD TV or 1080p Full HD TV used to be the king of the hill when it came to screen Resolution, but that’s no longer the case.
4K UHD, which is four times the resolution of 1080p, is now the new standard internationally, and 1080p is on the way out. 4k delivers a much sharper image than HD at larger screen sizes, and it lets you see all the tiny details in a picture where everything looks crisper.
HDR can make a huge difference in picture quality, but it’s only available in newer 4k TV’s.
The combination of 4k and HDR delivers an amazingly lifelike picture. With HDR, you get much better contrast and even finer color shades.
The refresh rate is the No of times per second (measured in hertz) that your display will update with new information.
The benefits are really simple for choosing a high refresh rate TV. A 60-hertz refresh rate display will provide you more information per second than that of a 30-hertz TV resulting in a smoother moving image.
Input and output ports
TV’s have lots of input and output ports. HDMI is the standard way of connecting a source to a TV.
If you are going to use a soundbar or an AV receiver with your TV, make sure it supports HDMI ARC. HDMI ARC is a simple way to pass audio back and forth between your TV and your speaker system.
There are three main differences when you use a curved TV instead of a normal flat TV: Immersion, distortion, and glare.
Distortion and glare are naturally what people are concerned about when you curve a giant TV display. The bottom line is that glare isn’t more of a problem than it is on a normal flat TV, but distortion can get a little bit weird if you are looking at the TV from a weird angle.
If you want more immersive experience watching your favorite shows, you should get a curved TV.
Smart TV or Regular TV
Top brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. has a wide variety of 28 to 32 inches LED products that come at different prices based on Resolution and other features.
Smart features in a TV simply means you can browse the internet, stream content, and connect your external hard disk or USB and play content off that. These TV’s are more expensive but brings in a lot of new features.
Top 10 LED TVs in India
1. LG 28LF452A 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV
The LG 28LF452A comes with built-in games and all-round protection, regional language support, and cricket mode.
This TV provides true blacks like none other, the rich deep tones and color shades will get your eyes popping so buckle up for an immersive experience with this beauty.
- Superior display with built PMI 300 standards
- Entertainment mode with games
- Advanced protection and built quality
- Energy conserving with backlight control capability
- Robust IPS panel
- Lightning, summer and heat protection
- Dust protection with uniquely designed back cover vents
- 720p HD resolution
- 1oo Hertz
- Triplex D engine provides better contrast
- Motion Eco sensor helps in lower power consumption by adjusting the brightness
- DivX certified
- One year warranty
- LG has bad customer service on this product specifically
- Sound quality is on the low end
2. Sony BRAVIA KLV-28R412B 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
Elegant beauty with the eye-catching aesthetic is what comes to mind when you see this piece of art.
Just sitting in your living room, blessing the walls, and the overall environment with its prestige built quality material that shines even at the darkest hour.
- Stunning display with clear resolution enhancer feature
- Great compatibility with two HDMI ports
- X-protection pro-technology that safeguards from aggressive weather
- Supports 11 Indian languages
- Inbuilt WiFi
- Photo frame
- FM radio
- 100 Hertz
- 720p resolution
- Best picture quality in its price range
- Sony service is excellent
- Built quality is outstanding
- Superb sound quality
- 1-year warranty
- Slightly expensive when compared with competitors
- Installation parts are hard to find if they get damaged.
3. LG 28LH454A 70 cm (28 inches) HD LED IPS TV –
LG’s slim depth and narrow bezel design nearly eliminate the space between the screen and bezel so that they can blend together beautifully.
This TV comes with smart energy-saving technology dedicated to very low power consumption and built-in games.
This pretty fun box comes with an all-new entertainment system that is exclusive to LG TV products.
It also offers regional languages. The reason why it is lower in this list is due to its high pricing when compared with its competitors.
- DivX certified
- Dedicated power-saving technology
- Complete durability
- Built-in games such as space war, magic bubble, jungle hunter, egg catcher.
- Regional languages
- 60 Hertz
- Narrow bezels make the TV look slim and provide better immersion
- Dedicated entertainment system that is exclusive
- Great sound quality-focused towards more rich bass
- Color shadings are excellent
- The only decent picture quality when streaming at 480p
- Bad customer service
- Not dustproof
- Bad viewing angles, produce a lot of glare
4. Panasonic Viera 28C400DX 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV
This TV is all about its classy look and feel. It just blends into your home, equipped with a great sound system it produces great low-end and high-end treble and decent bass that blesses your ears.
The sound quality is more focused on clarity, so bass heads might not find this one interesting. It’s relatively inexpensive but a great product that lets you do everything you do basically with a television and more.
- Vivid digital pro feature that enhances audio quality
- Looks more stylish due to its cutting-edge display panel
- You can customize the sound with a more advanced tool that lets you get the perfect sound that you desire
- Strong connectivity with the advanced signal receiving technology
- The best sound quality in all of this list
- Offers 720p
- Repairs are quite cheap
- Accessories are sturdy and have great built quality
- Low price more features
- Panasonic warranty doesn’t cover damage due to lightning
- The wires look cheap and tend to break after a couple of months
- Blueish tint that might be irritating to some people
5. Samsung UN28H4000 28 inches 720p LED TV –
This TV is basically beauty re-imagined, back when it was released it was the fastest-selling product for a reason. The low price for the high-quality genre has been reestablished when this hit the Indian market.
This Samsung TV is just as beautiful as any but brings a more realistic look and feel.
The reason why this one is lower on the list is that of its high pricing range and the year it came out. It’s not a brand new product that was released this year. The design is still relevant and pleasing.
- Great sound quality
- Ultra durability with protection from lightning and power upsurges
- Picture quality that really catches the eye with enhanced color shading technology
- True to life colors with modes exclusive for this TV
- Offers 720p
- Great customer service by Samsung
- All accessories come with a warranty to damage from any source except due to mishandling
- Rich colors with reds and greens highlighted
- Some glare is present
- Not full HD
6. Panasonic 71 cm (28 inches) 28D400DX HD Ready LED TV –
This TV is in one word, “eye candy.” It has all the features that a normal TV has and more. The display technology used in this TV brings out the rich true blacks and shadows with excellent color shading.
The brightness can go insanely high and has zero distortion or glare. The blown-out colors are managed finely. This TV does its job, and you can expect more from this product at its price.
- Has the thinnest form factor in all of the list.
- Comes with a lot of accessories like dust covers and cover for wires
- Supports blue-ray
- Vibrant colors
- 720p true display
- Inbuilt speakers on the side
- 3 HDMI ports for more connectivity
- Available for a discounted price
- Built material has great durability
- Panel quality is not that great
- Replacement parts are very much costly
7. Croma CREL7069 71 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
The Croma CREL7069 28-inch HD LED TV has a resolution of 1366×786 pixels and brightness of 480 cd/m to provide perfect color and contrast.
Equipped with a 178 deg. Viewing angle, it ensures comfortable, blur-free viewing from any corner of the room.
Its two 10 Watt speakers provide an RMS sound output of 20 Watt for a surround sound experience. Compatible with MHL( Mobile High definition Link which allows Screen Mirroring). The USB and HDMI ports allow you to connect a wide range of devices.
- Zero dots, A+ Grade panel
- 0.3-watt standby power consumption
- 1xHDMI, 2xUSB ports
- Very low price for this product with exchange offers available
- Great picture quality with zero dots A+Grade panel
- Beautiful looking TV for its price
- Great viewing angles
- Has enough ports for all needs
- 1-year warranty
- Outdated sensor technology
- Very hard to find service centers
- Higher power consumption in all of the list when not idle
- No regional language support
8. AKIVA 70cm (28 inches) A2819 FULL HD LED TV –
- HD ready 720p resolution
- Audio 16w output
- Best aesthetic in its price range
- Replacement parts are inexpensive
- Comes with a VGA port unlike others on this list
- Great reds and greens
- 1-year warranty
- A brand is not much popular
- Wire tends to break after a couple of months and is short
- Stand quality is cheap
9. Noble Skiodo 70 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
Experience entertainment in its pure form on this Noble Skiodo TV’s large 70 cm (28) screen. This TV’s zero dot screen eliminates unnecessary noise so you can enjoy crystal-clear images.
This is backed by its powerful speakers which offer you an immersive audio-visual experience.
- 20w Audio output
- 768p Resolution
- 60Hertz Refresh rate
- Clear image processing
- Very low price, in fact, the lowest on this list
- Crafted with VA 0 dot A+ Grade screen and integrated with high clarity
- Inbuilt games
- Moisture free components
- Eco-friendly, the sensor shuts the TV off automatically while you are not watching
- 1-year warranty
- Tabletop stand accessories are of bad quality
- Doesn’t support blue ray
- Distortion at 360p
- No regional language support
10. Samsung 28J4100 71.12 cm (28 inches) HD Ready LED TV –
Better optimization for superior picture quality as this is truly a magnificent Smart TV redefined for 21st-century lifestyle. It has an on the mode power consumption of only 52 watts.
- Take picture screenshots while watching TV Capture your favorite TV moments
- Record audio while watching TV
- Indian cinema mode
- Cricket mode
- More vibrant colors for better images
- Best in class durability
- Watch movies from your USB
- Bringing a full multimedia experience with HDMI
- 100 Hertz
- Easy installation
- Enough ports to connect various devices
- lower power consumption in its class
- Good picture quality in its price range
- 1-year warranty
- Volume is on the lower end in big halls
- Cheap plastic
All the products listed here have their advantages and disadvantages, there is generally no perfect TV, but there is one which you can choose from that is best suited for your needs.