Top 9 Best Tablets
The world today is fast and depends on technology to perform their daily tasks efficiently, also conveniently. Laptops, computers, and smartphones have become a necessity for every individual. However, it is not always possible to carry your laptop or PC around with you. Hence, tablets are touch screen devices that are designed as a combination of both a smartphone and a laptop or PC so that one can travel with it easily owning to its light-weight and slim body.
Tablet performs all the tasks of a computer and a smartphone. You can browse the net, send emails, make calls, organize work, and also watch movies, videos and play games on a screen larger than that of a smartphone. Thus, you obtain an immersive visual experience along with the convenience of performing all your task on a single platform.
You don’t have to worry about how to choose a tablet this article provides a comprehensive buyer’s guide so that you can make an ideal choice while purchasing a tablet. We have also reviewed the top 9 tablets and provided their Amazon links from where you can make a purchase easily. You can also know more about tablets in the FAQ section provided towards the end of this article.
Top 9 Tablets
Portable and Durable Tablet
Best Camera Featured Tablet
The Sleek Tablet
Best Battery Backup
The Stable Tablet
Multi-User Friendly Tablet
Size and Weight
The size and weight of the tablet should be of importance while making a purchase. Ensure that it comes with a minimum thickness of around 8 mm along with a light-weight design. This enables you to be able to carry it around with you easily by placing it in your bag or holding it in your hand. Thus, you can work or use your tablet at any place without any hassle.
Design and Display
The tablet should feature a slim and light-weight design so that it is portable. Also, ensure that the model is sleek and stylish with a proper aluminum non-slip finishing. The non-slip back provides stability so that you can hold it with ease without the worry of dropping it. It should also have a good quality build and should not heat up frequently. Thus, it is required to check the design and build of the tablet before making a purchase.
Any best android tablet should come with an IPS HD display so that you get stunning visuals in a high resolution. Tablets are available in different display sizes ranging between 6-11 inches approximately. Choose a display size according to your preference or requirement. However, it should display images with absolute clarity and sharpness so that you get an immersive feel while watching the content or playing games.
The display should come with an anti-fingerprint coating and Gorilla glass so that it is free of scratches. The tough glass will also keep it durable and resistant to falls.
Go for a tablet with high internal storage so that you can easily store your movies, videos, games, images and important documents without having to worry about exhausting it. Choose a tablet with internal storage anywhere between 8-32 GB as per your requirement. Many tablets are also available with expandable memory up to 128 GB as they come with slots for memory cards.
The tablet should support WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. Check that it is compatible with your WiFi connectivity so that you get faster internet access to download movies, games, send emails and other online related tasks. The tablet should also come with at least 2 sim slots that ensure 4 G VoLTE connectivity so that you can make calls and also enjoy 4 G internet connection. This will help you be connected to the internet even when you don’t have access to the WiFi.
The high power battery should be able to ensure a long life to the tablet so that you can use it for long hours up to 10-12 hours approx. The tablet should be able to last for at least the entire day. Moreover, certain tablets also come with battery life-enhancing features where you can save the charge by scheduling the power on and off.
There are tablets available in different prices ranging between low to high costs. You can make a purchase based on your requirement and budget so that you don’t spend way out of your range.
Go for a tablet that is powered with a powerful CPU and the latest Android OS so that you can multitask seamlessly. The Android OS should be able to upgrade to the latest version so that you can switch between one app to another without any lagging. The RAM should be nothing less than 2-3 GB.
9 Best Tablets
1. Lenovo Tab4 10 Tablet (10.1 inch,16GB,Wi-Fi + 4G LTE) Slate Black – Our Choice
Lenovo is a leading multi-national technology company with its headquarters in Hong-Kong. It has introduced a wide range of electronic products that have benefited us in many ways. This Lenovo Tab4 10 tablet is a recommended choice as it serves to be an ideal choice for family use as it supports multi-account access to users. You can convert it into your 2-in-1 Android workhouse or make it into a kid’s friendly tablet with add on kids packs and other specifications that allow only kid-friendly websites and content.
- Comes with a 10.1” IPS HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
- Has a uniquely sleek and ultra-slim design that is 8.5 mm in thickness and weighs 506 grams.
- Features an Android Nougat Operating System.
- CPU: Qualcomm MSM8917, 64 bit Quad Core Snapdragon Processor up to 1.4 GHz.
- RAM: Up to 2 GB, ROM: Up to 16 GB on card.
- Comes with up to 20 hours of battery life.
- 2 front-facing speakers.
- Comes with a slot for micro SD Card.
- Camera: Rear 5 MP autofocus camera and front 2 MP fixed focus camera.
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Single Channel (2.4 GHz).
- Bluetooth Compatibility: Bluetooth 4.0.
- Features Dolby Atmos 3.5 audio jack with a microphone.
- The HD Display and Dolby atmos audio provides a rich and immersive surround experience.
- Can be converted into:
- 2-in-1 Android Workhouse: Features a Bluetooth keyboard which can be doubled to use as a stand and a productive sleeve. You can also opt for instant app switching and also multi-task as it supports multiple windows along with optimization of keyboard operations.
- Ultimate Kid’ Tablet: You can convert this tablet to suit the needs and requirements of your kid with 3 M stickers, shock resistant bumpers, add-on kids packs etc. The kids packs include content and websites created especially for kids that allow whitelisted websites. Parents can also limit daily use to on-times and down times.
- Ensures a seamless powerful performance.
- It heats up easily.
2. Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB) – Space Grey – Portable and Durable Tablet
Apple an American multinational technology company is considered to be among the four big companies alongside Amazon, Google and Facebook. Apple iPads and iPhones are immensely popular today because of their specifications and use of the latest technology. The Apple iPad comes with all the required features that allow you to multi-task between business plans and FaceTime calls. It allows you to complete all your task with absolute precision at any place as it features a portable and durable design.
- Features a 9.7-inch Retina display that ensures vivid clarity and stunning visuals.
- WiFi speed is up to 866 Mbps and 4G LTE speed is up to 300 Mbps.
- It is 7.5 mm thin and weighs only 478 grams.
- Storage Capacity: 32 GB, 128 GB.
- Has an A10 fushion chip with 64-bit architecture and an embedded M10 Coprocessor.
- Features a 1.2 MP face-time front camera with HDR.
- Rear 8 MP camera with HDR and 1080 p HD video quality.
- A single charge will make it last for up to 10 hours.
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO.
- Features 2 speakers.
- The dock allows you to add apps so that you can go from one app to another without going back to the home screen.
- You can unlock securely using Touch ID.
- Super fast performance allowing you to edit 4 K videos, play games and experience the latest reality apps.
- Allows multitasking so that you can work on business plans by researching online and face-time a friend at the same time.
- Provides the most immersive experience by making the display of apps more magical.
- Apple pencil allows you to work with precision and responsiveness.
- Compatible with all kinds of Bluetooth keyboards.
- You can find all your favorite apps from the app store of apple.
- Thin, light and durable making it ideal to carry around.
- According to users, it is not suitable for gamer’s as it has heating issues.
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017 SM-T385NZDAINS Tablet – Best Camera Featured Tablet
This Samsung Galaxy Tab A features an 8-inch bright display that allows comfortable viewing even in the bright sunlight. It also features long hours of battery life with great camera features so that you can click precise and best quality pictures even in low light. It also comes with a sheer elegant design with smooth edges which is light-weight and convenient to carry.
- Comes with an 8-inch bright touch screen display with a 1280 x 800 pixels that ensures an immersive viewing experience.
- Operating System: Android v7.1 Nougat.
- Powered with 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 quad-core processor and a 2 GB RAM.
- Single Sim.
- The internal storage of 16 GB is expandable up to 256 GB.
- The 5000 mAH battery provides a video viewing life of 13 continuous hours.
- Features an enhanced 5 MP front camera and 8 MP F1.9 rear camera with autofocus and LED flash support for precise pictures even in low light.
- Access apps and information by simply pressing the Bixby button on the home screen.
- Has a light-weight design with smooth edges.
- The display allows you to view content even in the sun comfortably.
- Features a good camera with high MP both front and rear.
- The game launcher holds all your games in one location so that you can enjoy playing without interruptions.
- The sheer elegant and light-weight model is easy to hold.
- As per a user, the picture quality is not up to the mark.
4. Honor MediaPad T3 Kobe-L09BHN Tablet – The Sleek Tablet
Honor has introduced a series of smartphones, tablet, computers, and other mobile computing devices. The Honor MediaPad T3 Kobe-L09BHN Tablet is a recommended option to consider because of its good quality build that features a sleek body with a gold finishing, enhancing its overall look. The light-weight and portable tablet support 4 G LTE voice calling and also comes with high internal memory storage. Moreover, it is a great tablet that is available in an affordable price range.
- Comes with an 8 inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
- Has an Android Nougat EMUI 5.1 operating system.
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8917 quad core processor.
- RAM: 32 GB.
- Internal storage: 32 GB that is expandable up to 128 GB.
- Has a 2 MP front facing and 5 MP Rear camera.
- Features WiFi 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz and 4 G LTE connectivity.
- Wight of the tablet: 349 Grams.
- Supports a single Nano Sim.
- Lithium-ion battery required with a power rating of 4800 mph.
- Extremely light-weight and portable design.
- Supports voice calling with 4 G LTE connectivity.
- High internal memory storage.
- No such cons were mentioned by users.
5. Fusion5 4G LTE Tablet 9.6 inch,Android 8.1 Oreo, 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Wi-Fi, 8MP, Quad-Core Processor, Google Certified – Best Battery Backup
The Fushion 5 4 G LTE is a powerful tablet that provides all the functions of a PC and mobile phone. You can play games online or watch movies, videos and more for long hours without worrying about charge because of its massive battery backup. Moreover, it does not require WiFi connectivity at all times as it comes with 2 Sim card compatibility which allows you to use the 4 G connectivity to explore more content.
- Comes with a 9.1 inch IPS touch screen display that ensures high-quality images with bright colors.
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1.
- CPU: 1.3 GHz 64 bit Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53.
- Connectivity: In-Built 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Comes with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB storage that is expandable to 128 GB.
- Rear Camera: 8 MP and Front Camera: 2 MP.
- It supports GSM 850/1900MHz, WCDMA 2100MHz and 4G.
- 5000 mAh Lithium batteries ensure a battery life of 18.50-watt-hours.
- Has a long battery backup so that you can enjoy watching movies, videos and play games without worrying about charge.
- Get non-stop entertainment with the best visual experience.
- Provides all the features of a phone including voice calling and SMS with its dual Sim card.
- Has a wider and better viewing angle for clear viewing.
- As per users, the touch of this tablet does not function properly.
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 Tablet – The Stable Tablet
Samsung is known for a wide range of electronic products including smartphones, tablets, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 Tablet is a great option to go for if you wish to carry it around because of its slim and light-weight design.
It is also a suitable choice if you have kids at home as its Kids mode allows you to lock apps and also limit the usage to make it kid-friendly. This tablet also comes with an anti-slip pattern at the back so that you can hold it with ease and stability so that you can use it anywhere conveniently.
- Features a 7-inch touch screen display with a high resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
- It weighs 289 grams and it is as thin as 8.7 mm.
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- CPU: 1.5GHz Spreadtrum quad core processor.
- It has a single sim slot.
- RAM: 1.5 GB and internal storage is 8 GB.
- Requires 4000mAH lithium-ion battery that ensures a battery life of 9 hours.
- Rear camera: 5 MP with autofocus and Front Camera: 2 MP.
- You can capture photos in continuous and panorama shot modes.
- The realistic and engaging picture quality provides an immersive visual experience.
- Feels light and can be carried around with ease.
- The non-slip pattern at the back ensures stability while holding.
- Comes with Kid’s Mode so that you can enhance sound effects or set usage limits and lock apps.
- Users have complained about the issues related to charging.
7. Lenovo Tab4 8 Tablet – Multi-User Friendly Tablet
Lenovo Tab 4 8 is known for its light weight and slim design that allows you to carry it wherever you go. It comes with stunning HD display and two front speakers that provides Dolby atmos sound so that you obtain the rich immersive experience while watching your favorite movies and images. Moreover, it is multi-user and kid’s friendly making it a suitable choice to consider going for.
- Features an 8-inch touch screen IPS display that ensures a high-resolution picture quality of 1280 x 800 pixels.
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- CPU: 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8917 quad core processor.
- RAM: 2 GB and Internal storage is 16 GB.
- Comes with two sim slots: Nano+Nano with dual standby 4 G+ 4 G.
- The 4850 mAH lithium-ion batteries provide a talk time of up to 20 hours.
- Has a slim design with a thickness of only 8.3 mm and it weighs 320 grams.
- Comes with Dolby Atmos sound with two built-in front-facing stereo speakers.
- Can be converted into the ultimate kid’s tablet with listed content and websites curated especially for children.
- The stunning visuals and Dolby Atmos sound provide a theatre like an experience that immerses you completely.
- The HD display allows you to view photos and movies with vibrant colors.
- The dedicated profile, storage, and interface allow easy sharing between users.
- Battery life is low.
- Has heating issues.
8. iBall Slide Nimble 4GF Tablet – The Multi-Tasker
The Best IT World Pvt. Ltd. also know as iBall is an Indian consumer electronics company in India that deals in the import of smartphones and tablets from the original equipment manufacturers. It has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The iBall Slide Nimbe 4 GF tablet ensures fast internet access with its Ethernet support allowing you to download movies, videos, games and more. Moreover, the Android 6.0 and 3 GB RAM with powerful 64-bit quad core processor CPU also ensures seamless performance that allows multi-tasking.
- Comes with a 8 Inch IPS HD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels so that the images seen are clear, sharp, rich and vibrant in color.
- Uses Miravision technology to enhance the picture quality so that you get a sharper, colorful and brighter image for comfortable visual experience.
- It is powered with 1.3GHz 64-bit Cortex A53 Quad Core Processor and a RAM of 3 GB for seamless multi-tasking.
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Comes with 2 sims, both supporting VoLTE 4 G network for making calls and fast net use.
- 4300 mAh battery allows you to use it efficiently throughout the day.
- Comes with a 5 MP autofocus rear camera and a 2 MP front camera.
- Comes with advanced security options like voice unlock, pin, pattern unlock, password and swipe lock.
- Features pre-loaded apps including FM radio, games, music, entertainment and more.
- ‘Talkback Accessibility’ helps the blind and visually-impaired individuals to interact with the tablet easily.
- The in-built multi-regional keyboard allows you to interact with the tablet and also connect with your loved ones in the language of your choice.
- Allows playing, socializing, enjoy entertainment and more.
- Supports multi-tasking.
- Helps you enhance battery life by scheduling the power on and off time.
- According to a user, the volume function is not up to the mark
9. Micromax Canvas Tab P290 Tablet – Budget-Friendly Tablet
Micromax is an Indian Consumer Electronic company known for it smartphones and tablets. The Micromax Canvas Tab P290 is a great deal to go for if you are under a budget. The 7-inch touch screen display ensures a good viewing experience along with a decent battery back up that will last well for a day.
- Comes with a 7-inch WSVGA TFT IPS capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
- Powered with Android 5 Lollipop Operating System and a CPU of 1.3 GHz quad-core processor MediaTek MT8127A/D.
- 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB.
- You can connect to WiFi and 3 G internet via internet dongle.
- The 2820 mAH lithium-ion battery ensures a playback time of 3 hours, internet browsing time of 4 hours and a standby of 150 hours.
- Features a 2 MP rear and a 0.3 MP front camera.
- Allows you to play, pause and rewind videos and more instantly because of its improved screen response.
- The battery saving mode makes gaming efficient.
- Comfortable to hold and the display ensures a great visual experience.
- Can switch from one mode of entertainment to another efficiently.
- Does not support OTG and calling.
- The camera is not up to the mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do tablets have a sim slot?
Most tablets come with sim card slots however there also exists few exceptions. Tablets use WiFi connectivity to browse through the net and usually do not require sim cards. You will need a sim card slot if you wish to make calls or need to connect to 4 G internet using the 4 G VoLTE sim in the absence of a secure WiFi connection.
2. Do all tablets support gaming?
Tablets are a great platform to play games and most tablets support gaming especially if they have the latest Android OS. However, certain tablets tend to overheat a lot and gaming might not be a suitable option in these tablets. In fact you also need a large battery back up so that you can enjoy gaming without interruptions.
3. Do all tablets have a camera for video calling?
Yes, tablets which have a good front camera of 2-5 MP, picture and audio allow video calling. You can install various apps like Skype, Hangout, Facetime etc. in order to connect to friends and family.
We now come to the end of this article. You can choose any of the products mentioned and review on the list based on your preference and requirements. For this, you are advised to go through the buyer’s guide.
The Lenovo Tab4 10 Tablet is our number one recommendation and an ideal option for you to consider because of its multi-user compatibility. On the other hand, the Fusion5 4G LTE Tablet is a great buy especially for gaming and watching content owing to its high battery back up. We hope this article helps you make the right choice.