Best Inverters in India – Reviews and Buyers Guide
We know how frustrating it becomes when we face an unannounced power cut. If that happens regularly, then having an inverter at your place can solve the problem.
An inverter is an electrical device that converts DC voltage (often taken from the batteries) into a household AC voltage. This AC voltage can be served to the typical household electronic appliance during the power cut. In short, an inverter converts DC to an AC.
Usually, most of the electronic appliances are designed to run on the AC. So, whenever you want to run AC-powered appliances using a DC, then you will need a device that converts DC into the AC. Such devices are called an inverter.
As per the researchgate, ‘David Prince’ is the first person to coin the term ‘inverter.’ He mentions this term in his article that was published in GE Review (vol.28, no.10, p.676-81) during 1925.
He also explained that with the help of inverters, one could convert the direct current into the alternating current.
If you are planning to buy the best inverter, then this article is pretty much everything that you need to read while buying an inverter in India. You can take the help of our guide to learn types of inverters, how it works, reasons to use, what you should look for while buying an inverter, and the top 13 recommendations.
During the power cut, inverter plays a vital role in keeping home appliances running smoothly. It almost works like a rectifier but has an exact opposite function. Inverters are in use for decades.
But they gained popularity as power cuts are becoming a regular thing in various regions of the country. They help to provide backup power during the blackout period.
13 Best Inverters in India
Battery water topping reminder
Battery water topping reminder
Battery water topping reminder
Battery water topping reminder
Smart Overload Sense
Most Powerful Inverter
Compact and Lightweight
Electrolyte level sensor indicator
Inverter – Basic Concept of Its Working Mechanism.
Understanding how the inverter works is a bit complicated thing for those who do not have a basic knowledge of how current works. But we tried our best to keep it simple so you can learn how the inverter works.
The modern inverter works using battery power. The built-in battery supplies an electric current to an inverter, and it gets converted to an AC and further supplied to the home appliances.
Hence, to keep electronic gadgets running, the inverter one of the most useful tools during the unannounced power cuts. Today, the Indian market has several types of inverters. But while choosing one for your home, you should always go for the best one that lasts longer.
Tip: Inverter should always be plugged in to keep its battery recharged. So that during a power cut, the battery can work as the reservoir to provide electricity to an inverter.
Solar panels or gas generators can charge the battery of inverter. Also, you can charge it by connecting it with an AC outlet. While charging the battery, energy is stored in the form of DC, which later converted into the AC by an inverter.
Why Should We Use an Inverter?
Usually, small electrical equipment like the cellphone, table fan, cooler, etc. uses direct current. DC is also used in solar power systems as the solar cells can only produce DC.
Then you might ask why one should convert DC to an AC? You might be aware that the electricity supplied to our homes is provided in the form of alternating current with the 220 voltage.
That’s why almost every electronic gadget that we buy for our home is designed to use the AC.
Apart from that, these appliances often require a higher amount of power than DC can able to supply. So, to run our home appliances using the DC power-producing devices, we need an inverter to convert DC to an AC.
Types of an Inverter
Inverters are classified according to the two different mechanisms:
1. Depending on the working method of an inverter
- Stand-alone inverters
- Grid-tie inverters
2. Depending upon the output characteristics of an inverter.
- Square wave inverters
- Modified sine wave inverters
- Pure sine wave inverters
Later classification is widely used, so we will first see what does each of them means.
These inverters are also called a remote area power supply (RAPS). They are useful for the areas where an electricity distribution system is not available. In such a scenario, electricity is generated using various means like solar panels, wind turbines, thermoelectric generators, and micro-hydro.
The generated electricity is then stored into the batteries and can be used as DC or converting into AC by an inverter.
As the name suggests, grid-tie inverters are used to work with the grid. It is an inverter that converts DC voltage into the AC voltage, which is suitable to inject into the power grid. The significant difference between other inverters and grid-tie inverter in that other inverter supplies power to the home appliances while grid-tie inverter injects power to grid.
Sine wave inverter:
Usually, sine wave inverter works best for bulky electrical gadgets. An electrical circuit is more complicated in these inverters, and they generate stable output. They achieve a smooth transition from positive to negative waves.
They are efficient, consume minimum power, and you can adjust them according to gadgets’ power requirements.
Modified sine wave inverter:
This inverter creates a square-like waveform by pausing the transition from positive to negative, thus called a modified sine wave inverter. Usually works with most electric gadgets but may lead to reduced efficiency in the long run. These inverters are cheaper than the sine wave inverters.
Square wave inverter:
This is the simplest and cheapest form of inverter among all. It produces a phase-shifting AC signal from the vertical DC signal. They generate the square-shaped waveform, thus identified as the square wave inverters.
How to Select the Best Inverter?
It all depends on multiple things. How much power you require, the capacity of an inverter, types of battery & inverter, etc.
Our home gets electricity from the power grid, which recharges the battery. In the case of a power outage, to run electronic appliances, this DC from the battery needs to be converted into the AC.
The inverter does the job and helps appliances to run smoothly. In India, battery and the complex circuit that converts DC to an AC is generally termed as an inverter.
It is the critical factor to be considered as the longer the back up provided by the inverter, the batteries require less charging time.
More charging or frequent charging must be done for the batteries if the inverter can provide less backup. Also, the inverter must perform without any interruptions.
While buying an inverter safety feature is an essential factor to consider. As a buyer, you must look for inverters that provide safety features. Safety features like overload indicator, short-circuit alarm, wrong wiring alarm, overvolt protection, and auto-reset feature.
Size of the inverter
The inverter you select must come with excellent efficiency and the electric appliances that are attached must run without interruption. Hence, ensure that the size of the inverter must be more significant when all the appliance’s power ratings are added.
Before deciding on which inverter you need, you should be aware of the total power requirement for your home.
For that reason, try to figure out how many appliances you need to run during a power cut so that you can calculate an approximate amount of energy.
Here are a few examples of electronic appliances, along with their approximate energy consumption.
|Name of Appliances||Approximate Power Requirement|
|Ceiling Fan||75 Watt|
|Fridge/Freezer||150 to 400 Watt|
|Tube Light||40 Watt|
|LED Bulb||7 Watt|
|Desktop Computer||150 to 400 Watt|
|Internet Router||5 to 15 Watt|
Using this chart, one can easily calculate the power requirement.
For example, if you want to light up 2 CFL bulbs, two ceiling fans, one television, and 3 LED bulbs, then your total power requirement will be ( 2*20 + 2*75 + 1*120 + 3*7) = 331 Watts. So, you need an inverter that can support around 350 watts requirement.
Types of batteries included.
- Lead Acid Batteries: It is a rechargeable battery which was invented in 1859. There are two electrodes in the battery, namely, lead and lead oxide. The electrolyte used is sulfuric acid. When the lead and lead oxide comes in contact with this electrolyte, it generates DC.
This chemical reaction is reversible, which makes it rechargeable. Lead Acid Batteries include Flat plate Battery type. The battery life of this type is three years, and it also requires high maintenance. The price is comparatively low, and it is readily available in the market.
- Tubular Batteries: Tubular batteries and flat plate batteries are almost the same. The only difference between them is the plate.
In tubular batteries plate is replaced with a cloth that is well coated. This makes the vast difference between Lead-acid batteries and tubular batteries. Because of coating, the decaying process gets slow, and that lifespan of the battery increases. Also, the maintenance required is less as compared to Lead/flat pate battery. The cons are that the price is high, and it is heavy.
- Maintenance Free batteries: This is the latest invention in the battery. As the name suggests, no maintenance is required in this type of battery. It is sealed from the top — so no need to fill it with distilled water from time to time.
The major pro of this type of battery is that it doesn’t emit any poisonous gas, which makes it safe to keep it inside the home. The con of this battery is it is costly, and also not many brands are into making this type of battery, which makes it unavailable most of the time.
An inverter takes DC from batteries. So, while choosing the batteries to store the DC, you need to pay attention to its life expectancy, types, and brand you are purchasing.
Usually, tubular batteries work best and have life expectancy unto the eight years.
Branded batteries are better than that of non-branded as non-branded may spoil electronic gadgets. To keep them functioning better, top them with distilled water regularly.
Branded Vs. Non-Branded
Often people get confused among these two. Though non-branded inverters have less upfront cost, in the long run, it will increase service costs and may damage the home appliances. Always go for the branded inverters, preferably the ones that are approved & marked with ISI.
The warranty plays a vital role while buying any electronic devices. Dig for warranty information while buying an inverter and see how much the manufacturer is offering.
Usually, inverters come with a minimum of one year of warranty, but it varies according to the brand.
Some brands provide a different warranty period for different parts of the inverter. So, pay close attention while reading the warranty guidelines. You need a brand that covers all parts of the inverter under the warranty period.
Inverter VA vs. Battery WA
Units that are used to measure the capacities of battery and inverter are different, which often confuses new buyers. The capacity of an inverter is measured in VA (Volt-Amp), while for the battery, it is Watt-hour.
Here, for the battery, it denotes the total electricity stored while the capacity of inverter denotes the amount of power it can serve at a single time.
So your focus should be on maintaining the proper ratio between these two. If you had a battery with a large capacity and used an inverter with low capacity, then your output will low.
1. Luminous 800 VA Eco Watt
Luminous Power Technologies is a trustworthy brand for a wide range of products in power backup, inverter batteries, fans, modular switches, and LED lightings.
The Luminous 800 VA eco watt inverter comes with an additional 850 square wave and is ideal for home office or shops. This inverter supports a single battery, which can be a flat plate, tubular, VRLA, or SMF. It is the no. 1 selling home UPS system.
- The square wave output of this inverter ensures the safety of your appliances.
- It is a strong inverter built on PCB programming, FSW transformer, and microprocessor.
- It runs more appliances as compared to other UPS systems due to its extra load handling capacity.
- The three-stage charging system ensures the safe and efficient charging of the inverter, thus increasing battery life.
- The inverter has UPS mode, which keeps the output voltage range of 180V to 160V. This keeps sensitive appliances like computers safe.
- It also has an ECO mode in which the voltage range is extended, which reduces battery use.
- It can run appliances like an LED bulb, LED TV 40 inch, 1200MM fan, and LED tube light.
- It has a good load taking capacity.
- Its charging commences even at a low voltage of 110V AC.
- It has an inbuilt thermal management system that shuts down the system in case of overheating.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter –
Luminous Power Technologies is an Indian company and founded in 1988. Their first inverter was manufactured in 1991. The company received several awards and rewards.
It is the leading power and electrical specialist. Also, their products are exported to other countries. List of their products includes UPS & Inverter, inverter batteries, stabilizers, fans, lighting, wires, switches.
Luminous 1100 Sine Wave inverter operates in dual mode Eco/UPS. UPS mode ensures the safety of appliances like a computer while the Eco mode voltage range is extended, and battery usage is reduced.
In-built safety alarm to warn in short-circuits, overcharging, low battery, etc. Now, you can protect your appliances against faults.
- The inverter is based on sine wave technology
- It comes with an LCD that shows battery type, charging time, Eco/UPS mode, system fault, backup time, battery level indicator
- A unique feature of MCB protection is provided that helps in short-circuits, against appliances fault due to fluctuating power
- A safety alarm is provided which warns in short-circuits, low battery, when a battery is overloaded, wrong wiring
- Also, it includes a bypass switch that allows direct power supply from main to household in faults without any change in the wiring
- Dual-mode Eco/UPS operation
- Quality of the product is good
- Efficient performance
- It is noiseless
- The timer display is not good.
3. Microtek UPS EB 800 VA UPS Inverter –
Microtek International Private Limited is the leading company that is certified with ISO 9001- 2008 and ISO 14001: 2015. It is the largest power product manufacturer.
Category of their products includes power backup solutions, voltage solutions, solar panels, wires and cables, electric vehicle chargers.
The micro-controller is based on intelligent control design. Now, you can switch from mains to UPS and UPS to mains. The inverter can handle the load up to 5 fans, five lights, and 2 TVs.
Also, it comes with short circuit protection, smart overload sense. Moreover, it has an auto-reset feature and a 12V single battery.
- Microtek inverter comes with square wave technology
- The inverter is made of metal
- Micro-controller based intelligent control design
- Two TVs, five fans, five lights can load with the inverter
- It comes with short circuit protection
- Also, it protects against overload, deep discharge, reverse polarity
- The product is worth of money
- Quality of the product is good
- The inverter does not have a solar charger mode.
4. V-Guard Prime Home Digital UPS Inverter – Battery water topping reminder
V-Guard Industries Ltd, an Indian company, is a leading manufacturer in the field of electrical appliances. The company was founded in 1977 and started as a stabilizer manufacturing unit. They have a wide range of products and their distributors, retailers; branches are widespread across India.
List of their products include stabilizers, solar power inverters and batteries, electric and solar water heaters, fans, mixer grinders, induction cooktop, and much more.
Prime 1150 heavy-duty inverter is the product by V-Guard. It is equipped with multiple features like UPS mode, battery water topping reminder, high-performance selection switch, battery gravity builder.
Also, the inverter is compatible with any battery in the range 80 to 230 AH. Now, you can run television, fan, room cooler, inverter refrigerator, bulb, mixer grinder, kitchen chimney.
- V-Guard sine wave inverter consumes less power and is ideal for sophisticated electronic equipment
- The capacity of prime 1150 is 800 w
- It takes 8 hours to 10 hours of battery charging time
- While the operating temperature is 0 degrees to 45 degrees C
- Inverter weighs 9.4kg
- The inverter comes with a display that shows the status of the battery like UPS mode, overload, charging, the water level
- To control the performance, the prime 1150 comes with High-Performance Selection Switch
- Also, to keep the battery healthy and enhance the battery lifetime, exclusive battery gravity builder is provided
- You can also mute the buzzer option
- Nice battery backup
- It does not produce any noise
- The inverter comes with an excellent display and audio
- No negative points were observed so far
5. Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter – Smart Overload Sense
Microtek is a Taiwan-based multinational company that deals in a wide range of products. ‘Ups Sebz 1100 Va’ is one of the popular, rugged, and reliable product from Microtek.
It is a sine wave inverter with 15 milliseconds UPS transfer time and can take a maximum load of 800 W, which is sufficient enough to power the home. It comes with ‘Digital signal controller based intelligent control design,’ which switches the mains to UPS during the power cut.
- Pure sine wave UPS which can run load up to the 880W
- Overcharging or deep-discharging of batteries is prevented with the in-built electronic protection circuit.
- Using the battery with the right size, it can run fans, television, lights, computers and even washing machine.
- It can prevent the short circuit to a great extent using the ‘Smart overload sense.’
- The input voltage range is 100 v to 300 v.
- Good for an electronic appliance in the home
- Has built-in DSC technology
- Do not create a humming sound
- Maximum load up to 800 watts
- 2-year on-site warranty
- Overall package does not include the batteries and needs to be purchased separately
- Does not have a temperature sensor or LCD
6. Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home Pure Sinewave Inverter UPS – LCD Screen
This is one of the most popular models in India; the Luminous Zelio is the best one. This 900 VA/12V inverter battery is a suitable choice for most of the regular households. It has a 32 bit DSP processor that acts as a battery management system that has an adaptive learning capability to optimize battery charge.
The best thing that would impress you is the ability of the inverter battery to protect all your appliances. It consists of an inbuilt MCB for short circuit and overload protection.
The battery is protected from deep discharge as well. The UPS mode in the inverter battery protects your appliances by maintaining the output voltage. But that means the energy consumption might increase a bit. You can choose to avoid that with the Eco mode present.
It has a maximum charging current of 15 Amps and is capable of supporting all types of batteries. It has an LCD, which shows the water level and information on the backup. As it is a Sine Wave Inverter, it is noiseless and provides a low harmonic distortion.
- Battery Support – 100 Ah – 220 Ah
- Battery System – Single battery / 12V
- Type: Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Voltage: 110V – 265V x 220V -230V
- Frequency: 50 x 50
- Dimensions of the inverter battery are (W x H): 28 cm x 12 cm
- The weight of the product is 11 kg
- Efficiency is 85%
- Input Voltage is 110 V – 265 V
- Output Voltage – 220 V – 230 V
- It has a two-year warranty
- It has an LCD which shows relevant information about the inverter battery which can be handy
- Protects all the appliances
- It is an intelligent home USP which has learning capability to calculate backup and charging time
- It has Eco and USP mode. Helps in saving electricity bill.
- UPS mode is useful during voltage fluctuations
- It is not a great option if you are planning on using it for big appliances
- It has no low voltage charging of batteries
- The bypass switch is not automatic
7. Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter – Our Choice
‘Su-Kam’ is one of the inverter companies in India since 1998. They manufacture more than 200 products while filed 100+ patents.
Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va is a stylish, affordable, and smart inverter. It is a single battery sine wave inverter that can function as an inverter and off-grid solar system.
It can charge batteries using the power grid as well as solar. It is a hybrid inverter that can work as an inverter and UPS. It can even work efficiently in areas where Voltage is low because it can charge the battery at low input too.
- Provide the sine wave as an output.
- Output Voltage & Frequency – 220/220
- Equipped with the six-stage battery charging
- 12 months warranty.
- Eco Mode – allow charging during very low Voltage.
- Has 6 stage battery charging technology increases overall charging efficiency of the battery that results in a 30% increase in battery life.
- Smart LED panel that features five indicators
- Change over time as low as 8 ms.
- Can be used in the area where low Voltage is a problem
- Almost zero changeover time allow it to use with sensitive gadgets like laptop, routers, and printers.
- Works with pure sine wave technology, which allows this inverter to operate without any noise.
- When connected with SOLARCON- another product from Su-Kam can charge the battery with solar energy.
- Need to purchase the battery separately.
8. Luminous Zelio+ 1700 Sine Wave UPS – Noiseless
A handy UPS from Luminous Power Technologies. They are one of the leading home electrical producing companies in India and known to build sustainable & energy-efficient products for years.
Luminous Zelio+ 1700 UPS is a sine wave inverter that can be mounted on the wall or can even be placed on the plain surface like a floor. It can work as UPS for computers as well as serve the purpose of an inverter for the other home appliances.
- Pure Sinewave inverter
- Has an LED display which shows the battery charging time and power backup status
- Has MCB (Miniature circuit breaker) that protects appliances during the event of abnormal conditions like overloading.
- In the case of UPS faults, supplies output directly for the grid using the bypass switch.
- Two-year warranty
- Safe and a good inverter for sensitive home appliances.
- Works well in the areas where electricity has overloading issues.
- Works best with a wide range of batteries.
- Doesn’t come with batteries and need them to be purchased separately
- Cooling fans may make a slight noise
9. Flin Energy Flinslim Lite Solar Hybrid Inverter– Energy Efficient
Flin Technologies Private Limited is one of the leading company that deals with solar-powered electronic products.
‘Flinslim lite solar hybrid inverter’ is a pure sine wave hybrid inverter which provides the 93% peak efficiency. It has a sleek design and is easy to install an inverter, which comes with an inbuilt solar charge controller.
The primary feature of the flin slim inverter is that it doesn’t require grid power or battery to power the house load. Instead, it powers the house load directly from solar power.
- Has an in-built solar charge controller, which makes sure that the maximum solar power is generated.
- Has auto-switch functionality that allows the inverter to automatically switch to the battery of solar mode in case of a power cut.
- Selectable input voltage – assures that sensitive home appliances like a laptop, computer, or other audio-visual devices are powered without any glitch.
- Inbuilt LCD screen & menu buttons provide customization options highly to users. They can customize the battery charging current, voltage range, and charging priorities as per the requirement.
- The lightweight, well-designed inverter that works as a hybrid power system as well as the power backup solution.
- Gives priority to solar energy which is free to use and save money on electricity bills
- Can easily be mounted on the wall
- The large display allows several customization options as per the requirement of the user.
- Best for the areas that experience frequent power cuts
- Expensive inverter
- Need a serial cable to access the computer interface.
10. Microtek Ups 24A-7 Hb 725Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter – IBGM technology
If you are looking for a battery inverter for your small home requirement – a few fans, a computer or Television set, and lights, then Microtek is the perfect choice for you. This 725 VA/12 V is a pure sine wave inverter which has a noiseless performance.
It is equipped with IBM technology, which means – Intelli Battery Gravity Management, which is an intelligent battery management technology that allows the inverters to be able to charge the batteries quickly and also to provide longer life and also longer backups.
The inverter battery has two charging modes – one being the Standard (10Amps) and the other Fast-Charging (14 Amps). This Microtek inverter makes use of PWM Controlled Multistage ATM charging, which ensures the health of the battery when it has the full capacity.
It consists of an in-built by-pass switch, which means if you want to by-pass the inverter in case there is an issue with the inverter. It is also capable of operating at low voltages like 100 V and as high as 300 V. It is an overall great choice for a small home requirement.
- The capacity of the inverter battery is 725VA/12V
- Type: Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- It weighs 9 kg
- The efficiency of the inverter battery is 80%
- Output Voltage is 230Volts
- Output Frequency is 50.00
- The backup time is 5 hours
- It has one battery system (12 VDC)
- The battery uses a Hybrid technology for noiseless and better performance
- The IBGM technology in the inverter battery increases the battery life
- It consists of a by-pass switch in case of ups failure
- Product Dimensions are (W x H x D) – 37.2 x 19.8 x 39.2 cm
- It has 2-years onsite warranty
- Better battery management
- Provides a noiseless performance
- It gets charged quickly.
- The bypass is not automatic
- Does not consist of a circuit breaker
11. Luminous Cruze 2KVA-24V Sine Wave Home UPS – Most Powerful Inverter
If your requirement is a bit large, then the Luminous Cruz will be the best series for you. This inverter battery is available in between 2kVA to 10KVA range. The best thing about this is that it is capable enough to run Air conditioners, that’s how powerful it is.
The inverter battery has got good protection for sensitive components. The switchover from the mains to the inverter is really quick too. So if you require running your whole house, then this is the best option out there for you. Battery type tubular
- Type: Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Voltage: 100-285V x 220V ac
- It is an automatic inverter.
- The efficiency is 94.1%
- The recharge time is 10 – 12 hours.
- Frequency: 45-55 Hz x 50+ 0.5Hz
- The dimensions of the inverter battery are (W x H): 30 cm x 28 cm.
- The weight of the product is17 kg
- Item model number – LC2KVA-24V
- The backup time is 8 hours.
- It has 2-years warranty
- It consists of an LCD that shows battery charging, battery level, etc.
- Has good protection for sensitive appliances
- It has an emergency power off; it has high overload handling capacity.
- It is resistive to corrosion.
- It is installation and maintenance-friendly.
- It does not have a high input voltage range
- It is large.
12. APC Home UPS 850VA Sine Wave BI850SINE– Compact and Lightweight
APC Home USP is the inverter mainly designed for Indian Powercuts. It is designed in such a way that it will let you finish your work even during the power cuts and power fluctuation. It will allow you to save your file and shut down your computer safely. It has 500watts power output capacity.
It helps in powering all small electronic appliances like computers, light, fans, tv, etc. safely. It does not make any noise when light and fan are switched on. It has a LED indicator that indicates the power status of USP. It also has a switch.
This switch helps in converting the inverter into a UPS for using a computer if required. The External battery has extended battery life and, with fast recharging features, recharges in just 10 hours.
The backup time can range between 2 – 5 hours, and it depends on the consumption of power and the number of appliances that have been used. It also has a Home/Away switch, which is an additional in this that prevents accidental discharges when you aren’t at home so that you can prolong battery life.
- The weight of the item is 10.2 Kg
- Type – Pure Sine Wave
- Product Dimensions are (WxHxD) are 35 cm x 26.5 cm x 14 cm
- There is no internal battery. An external battery is needed to supply the power
- It has a power output capability of 500Watts/850 VA
- There is a three-pin plug hole which lets the user plug there PC or laptop and continues the work
- It is designed specifically for the power conditions prevailing in India by providing a wide input voltage range
- It is shock-proof and child safe as well
- Fast recharging
- It is compact and lightweight
- It does not have a bypass switch
- The battery needs to be purchased separately
13. Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave Home UPS Inverter – Electrolyte level sensor indicator
Exide is a very well-known storage battery producing company. This particular model has some features that will make it the perfect choice for your home. It is best fitted with the Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology and also a high-speed microprocessor.
The inverter battery will ensure you the quality that you would need for power backup, which is seamless as that of the mains. The inverter battery sports an LCD, which makes it easy to keep a note about the input and output voltages, the load percentage, battery power, and all the other important parameters.
It has a relatively shorter switchover time, which is less than ten milliseconds from the mains to UPS and also the vice versa.
On comparing with other models, it is also seen that it has a higher maximum load capacity of 580 watts. You are ensured with long battery life by Auto Sense Intelligent Control (ASIC) technology that adjusts the charging current as of and when required.
It acts as a good reminder for maintaining the water levels in the inverter battery as it has an electrolyte level sensor indicator. It is a good choice if your requirement is more than just fans and lights.
- Maximum load capacity in watts – 580 watts
- LCD for better user interference
- High-quality protection built up in the PCB
- Consists of electrolyte level sensor indicator
- The weight of the item is 11.3 Kg
- It is equipped with the latest DSP and ASIC technology
- Digital display for several parameters
- Switch over time is less than ten milliseconds
- It has a high load capacity up to 580 watts
- The product has a two-year warranty
- The cooling fan makes a slight noise
- You have to choose the battery separately
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How an inverter different from UPS?
Inverters do not communicate with powering equipment while UPS delivers with powering equipment. Also, UPS includes the battery, inverter, battery charger. UPS provides power to the device when the main power fails while the inverter converts unidirectional to bidirectional current.
2. How to select what size of the inverter suits my requirements?
To select the size of the inverter, you require to add up all the power ratings of the appliances that work on the inverter and buy the next large proportion of the inverter. However, the inverter will consume more power than required.
3. How much power will inverter draw when not in use?
The inverter will draw power from the batteries when they are not in use, while eight to ten percent power is required to run an inverter. When no load is attached to the inverter, it draws 1 amp per hour. Off the inverter when it is not necessary as the battery drain becomes zero.
4. What is the normal life of the inverter battery?
Though there is no concrete answer to this question, we found that the tubular batteries have prolonged life as compared to other types of batteries.
In the tubular batteries, lead-acid tubes are used, which results in faster charging and longer life. Tubes are used purposefully to avoid shedding and corrosion. Also, they are durable and tough enough to sustain in a challenging environment.
Exide Invago Tubular batteries can be a good option for various inverters, and they are known to last for 7 to 8 years.
5. How to take care of home inverter?
Installing the best inverter is not enough to get an uninterrupted power supply. But taking proper care of an inverter is a must thing to keep it in good condition and enhance its durability.
- Adequate loading – Never overload. It will harm the performance of an inverter and batteries. Home appliances like drilling machines, microwave oven, etc. require a high starting load, so avoid connecting such appliances to an inverter.
- Use CLF & LED lighting – Nowadays, you can get low wattage CFLs, which give high performance. Replacing conventional lights with LED lighting will help to inverter and batteries perform longer. Though CFL and LED lights are expensive than conventional lights, the savings on energy bills of both will compensate in the long run.
- Proper wiring – Leakproof wiring is a key to better performance for inverter & battery. It is safe and cost-saving to have separate wiring for inverter rather than connecting to the main switch on power failure.
- Maintaining and taking care of the battery.
6. How to take care of the inverter battery?
While using the inverter, taking care of batteries become a must for enhancing the life of batteries and inverter. Here are few tips to help you care for inverter batteries –
- Choose the well-ventilated area in the home for inverter installation. It will reduce the battery heating to a certain extent.
- Use a charged battery frequently. Whether you experience the power cut or not, discharge the battery regularly and recharge again.
- Pay attention to the battery terminals and keep them rust and corrosion-free.
- Keep the battery clean and dry. Use cotton to cloth to remove the dust from the top surface and side of the battery.
- Keep the battery at well-ventilated but at a safe place, especially away from the children’s reach.
- Inspect your battery regularly and replace the damaged or dead battery with a new one.
7. Can air conditioners run on an inverter?
Usually, people do not run the air conditioner using an inverter. But with using the right battery and a better inverter, running an air conditioner can be certainly possible.
The air conditioner uses high power, and for the same reason, if you use a good battery with a large storage capacity that can handle high startup load, then it can run an air conditioner.
The smallest size of the air conditioner often uses the 5000 BTU, which is approximately equivalent to the 4 to 5 amps. An inverter converts DC to AC, and to generates the five amps of AC power, it will utilize approximately 55 amps DC power.
Also, AC requires almost five times more power when it starts, and it is called a starting surge, which is approximately 25 amps for five amps AC. So to run a five amps AC with, we will need an inverter that is capable of converting 55 amps DC and can sustain 275 amps starting surge.
8. What are the most common reasons for inverter not working?
Inverters may stop working due to the myriad of reason. It contains sensitive electric parts and wiring, which may go wrong due to various reasons. Here are few of them –
- Faulty power switch – This is one of the most common reasons which leads inverter to stop working. When you find that the inverter is not working, the first thing you should do is to unplug it from the power source and plug in another home appliance and turn on the switch to see if it works.
If it doesn’t work, then there is a high possibility that it may be defective. Now connect the inverter to other perfectly working switch and test it runs smoothly. If it doesn’t work, then the inverter itself is not working, and probable faults need to be addressed.
- Disconnected of discharged battery -Often, batteries are not connected to the inverter, and the user often tends to forget checking on them. If they are not connected, then connect them to the inverter, or if they are discharged completely, then you need them to provide enough time for charging.
- Tripped inverter – Inverter often trip down, and you need to push the trip reset button to restart them. If pressing the trip reset button doesn’t work, then investigate other problems.
- Rusty battery terminals – Battery terminals become rusty or corrode over the period and need proper cleanup to remove it. Rust accumulate on the battery terminals causes them to function poorly, which results in the low inverter performance. To remove the rust, clean them with the dry cloth and put them back in the battery and connect an inverter to see if it starts working.
- Faulty battery – Weak or flawed batteries stop inverter from functioning. If the battery is new and still inverter not functioning correctly, then you might need to replace it with another battery, which is strong enough to cater to the inverter requirement.
These are the best top 5 inverter batteries. Do not be confused as all of the mentioned battery inverters are the best, and you can choose anyone among them as per the needs. India has frequent power cuts, so it is vital to have an inverter. They help in tackling power issues. They have become a necessity in today’s world.
It becomes an issue when you are working on your desktop, and the power goes off, which us why inverters are lifesavers. Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter and Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter is our top recommendation. If you need Large Battery capacity, then go for Luminous Cruze 2KVA-24V Sine Wave Home UPS.
An inverter provides a power backup when electricity is absent and thus can help in the most needed situations. It is one of the good intentions, and the investment is undoubtedly useful. For using the inverter and running it effectively, it is thus vital to have the best inverter battery.