Best Front Loading Washing Machine
Do you spend most of your daytime washing clothes with your hands? You may feel pain in your hands. Welcome to the ‘de Quervain’s syndrome’ club, a condition caused by repetitive motion of wrist and thumb.
Washing clothes by hands is a painful process which demands heavy work & time. But with the latest technology at hand, one can automate the whole system just by buying a budget washing machine.
During my college days, we felt terrible to spend the whole Sunday on washing our clothes by hands, so our group of friends together brought a semi-automatic washing machine. But what we didn’t realize that with this purchase we still have to be involved in the whole process of washing.
We fail to realize that ‘Semi-automatic’ means the requirement of some manual interventions, and there comes a moment when we decide to replace it with a fully-automatic washing machine. Read further to know how front loading washer works? along with a common FAQ.
The front-loading washing machines are loaded and unloaded from the front. The differences do not end here; it goes much deeper. Read further to know the difference between Top load and front load. We have mentioned 5 reasons to choose the front-loading washers along with comprehensive buying guide, FAQ’s and our Top recommendations.
Top 11 Front Loading Washing Machine
High Capacity and Speed
Suitable for a large family
Heavy duty washer
6th sense soft move technology
Energy Efficient Machine
Best Buy for Small Families
With VarioDrum Technology
Top-Load vs. Front-Load Washing machine – Which one is better?
Often, people get confused when it comes to choosing between top-loading and front-loading machine. After the hours of research and going through hundreds of user reviews, we have found that front-loading washing machines are much better than top-loading washing machines. Front-loading machines are better at saving water and energy.
Also, they give superior cleaning than that of the top-loading machine. But, the only downside of purchasing the front-loading machine is that they are much more expensive than the top-loading machines.
If you are looking for an easier as well as quicker washing machine, then go for the top-loading machine with agitators. They wash the fabrics quickly. Though top-loading machines are cheaper than front-loading, in long run top-loading machine will consume more energy and will cost you more money on energy bills.
The front-loading machine is a good buy for the families who have smaller space, better water supply and have a good budget to spend on washers.
Buying a perfect front loading washing machine is not an easy task. Each company tries to promote its product as the best one. So, to make things easier, we have selected a few products that come with excellent user experience and best features. You will find top Reasons why to choose a front loading washer
Also, we discussed it’s specifications, pros, and cons to make things clear so that you can focus on choosing the right machine for your home.
Top 5 Reasons to choose the front-loading washers:
Better cleaning & less damage:
As compared to top loading machines, front load machines, clean clothes more efficiently. The absence of central agitator (which is present in top loader machines) reduces the chances of fabric wear & tear.
Also, an inner surface of wash drums in the front load machines are designed in such a way that they minimize the chances of fabric tears. For example, IFB has a crescent moon shaped grooves while Samsung has diamond-shaped depressions.
The central agitator in top loading machines often catch the cloth threads and rip the fabrics apart.
Require less number of cycles
Front load washers come with large loading capacity, which means you can fit more clothes into the wash tub. This results in reduced numbers of cycles and less laundry work.
Energy & Water Efficient
Front load washers are water & energy efficient. It uses less water, electricity, and even detergent when compared to top loading counterparts. So, though the investment is high during the purchase, this washing machine saves money on energy, water, and detergent bills.
Energy efficiency is one of the most significant differences between the top load machine and front load washing machines. Savings on energy bills is one of the biggest reason why we strongly suggest investing in front-loading washers.
Front loader machines have less number of parts, thus reduces the chances of repair. Also, they use gravity to toss the fabrics in wash drum instead of an agitator.
Fewer Vibrations & Noise
With front loading washers, noise and vibration issues are less. Usually, they come with the vibration control feature that avoids overall rattling of the machine and created less noise.
How does a front loading washing machine work?
Front load washing machine utilizes gravity and the drum rotation to move clothes. It works by filling the water at the bottom of the wash tub. Drum rotation is equivalent to the tumbling motions in a dryer.
Wash drum has side paddles that help to move the clothes in & out of the water. While moving clothes, they get rubbed against the drum wall, and this scrubbing action removes dirt from clothes.
Component of the front load washing machine: Though every machine has some unique features, various parts remain the same for all. Before we begin reviewing the machines, we will shed some light on multiple components of front load washers.
Water Pump: Main function of the water pump is to circulate the water throughout the wash cycle. During the spin cycle, it also helps to drain the water.
Water Inlet Control Valve: As the name suggests, it controls the water intake and situated near the water inlet area. Its function is to allow the required amount of water depending upon the load of the clothes.
Drum: Washing machine has two drums. One is an inner drum where we put the clothes, and one is an outer drum. The inner drum has small holes that allow water to enter and soak the clothes. Outer drum prevents water from spreading across the rest of the machine.
Paddles: Paddles are located on the inner surface of an inner drum. They are useful to move the clothes during the wash cycle. Also, they perform the scrubbing motion on clothes to remove the dirt.
Motor: Usually, the washing machine is equipped with strong motors. They are connected to the disc on drums to move them. The motor helps to perform rotating motion of drums.
Water draining pipe: Once you finish the laundry job, this pip helps to drain the dirty water.
Timer: Control panel of the washing machine has a timer function. It is useful to set the required time to wash clothes.
Water Heating Equipment: This helps to heat the water to the required temperature.
Buying Guide For Front Loading Washing Machine
Choosing the best washing machine is not rocket science, but it does involve a little bit of research. Not being versed with various terms, people tend to get confused while making a purchase and spending money on the things that don’t fit in their requirements.
To avoid that, you can go through our buying guide. It will help you to understand the product specifications, qualities, and things that you should look for in a front loading washing machine.
1. Fully/Semi Automatic: Depending upon your convenience, you can go for fully/semi-automatic functions. If you go for fully automatic machines, you can get rid of the noise by setting the timer on your machines to start and finish cleaning even while you are not at home. There are many such advantages that fully-automatic machines provide.
2. Wash Programs: To provide the right washing mode for your clothes, the washing machine comes along with a lot of variety in washing modes that produce perfect cleaning. Delicate materials such as silk fabric require special attention while washing. Similarly, heavy material needs extra stress while cleaning to get rid of all the dirt.
3. Additional Features: The exciting features that come along with some washing machines such as quick wash helps you to get your clothes cleaned in no time. Other features include RPM setting where you can set the revolutions per minute according to your own wish depending upon the clothes material. The Bubble wash feature produces extra bubbles inside the machine, which helps you to take out more dirt from your clothes. There are many such features that come along with washing machines.
4. Washing Machine Capacity (Weight): When you visit the marketplace, you often see that washing machines are grouped according to the weight (Drum Capacity). Don’t mistake it for the actual weight of washing machine, but it is the capacity of the machine to sustain that amount clothes weight without any performance lag.
Usually, it varies from 4 to 10 KG, as every customer has different requirements. First, you need to decide what type of clothes you are going to wash every day and then find a machine that fits your requirements.
For example, if you are going to wash heavy clothes like blankets, curtain, etc. then you will require a machine with high capacity. While if you are more into washing daily used clothes like daily wear then you can go for medium or low weight washing machine.
Here are tentative markers to help you decide which capacity you will need –
- Single person – Less than 5kg
- Two person family – 5 to 5.5kg
- Couple with two children’s – 6 to 7kg
- Family with more than four members – more than 7kg
5. Types of drum: Washing machines are built with various kinds of drums. Some companies use plastic while some use stainless steel to make the wash drum.
Each machine comes with a different style of a drum. The type depends upon the position of a drum, material used to build it and the pattern as per the drum is designed.
Plastic is the most common material being used to make the wash drums and is a pocket-friendly option to reduce the cost of the machine, but it is less durable than other metals. Apart from reduced cost, another significant benefit of having the plastic drum is that they are easy to clean and do not get damaged with hard water.While steel drums are sturdier and more expensive, each manufacturer that uses steel to make a wash drum, came up with unique designs to avoid the fabric damage during the wash cycles.
6. Spin Speed: Often, people forget to consider the speed of the spins. The maximum spin speed of the drum does impact how fast a machine can wash & dry the clothes. The more it spins, the faster it will wash and dry the clothes.
But remember that it will also depend upon what type of clothes you are drying. For example – 300 to 400 rpm will be sufficient for delicate clothes like shirts or sarees while thick fabrics like jeans or blanket will require 800 to 1000 rpm machine.
The speed is indicated as per the Revolution Per Minute, often denoted by acronym RPM. Our recommendation is to go for high spin speed washing machine.
7. Predefined Wash Settings: Almost all washing machines come with the preset washing setting for various purposes. They are called ‘Wash Programs.’
8. Water Supply: Front load fully automatic washing machine demands an uninterrupted water supply, while top load semi-automatic washing machine does not need a constant supply of water. So, if you are uncertain about continuous water supply to the machine, go for top load semi-automatic washing machine.
9.Fuzzy Logic: This word might sound funny but lately washing machines with fuzzy logic gaining the popularity among the buyers. Thanks to its ability to monitor and control the various aspects of the washing machine.
Usually, a washing machine with fuzzy logic automatically monitors and controls various conditions while washing clothes like water intake, spin speed, the temperature of the water, rinse performance, etc. In some machines, it can also check the amount of dirt in clothes and decide how much soap water needs to be added.
10. Other Factors: Few other factors that you should consider are tub material, an area in the house where you will keep the washing machine and electricity supply.
Usually, washing machine tubs are made using a material such as stainless steel, plastic, or even porcelain-enamel. According to the material used, durability & affordability of machine is decided.
For example, plastic is more affordable than other material as well as it is durable too. But some companies use stainless steel by keeping durability in mind as stainless steel is more durable than plastic.
Also, you need to consider the electrical outlet and water tap. Having both functionalities near to the machine will save future work.
11 Best Front Loading Washing Machines
1. LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Our choice
LG is one of the reputed electronic devices manufacturing company in India, which came with front loading washers with various capacity. This 6 kg front loading washer uses six motion direct drive technology to give an excellent wash quality with less noise.
This washer is currently available in two colors, one is blue-white, and the other is white. With 6 kg wash capacity & 10 years motor warranty, it is a suitable product for the bachelors and small families.
- It’s a water and energy efficient fully automatic front loading machine which will save you money on energy bills in the long run.
- 1000 RPM spin speed ensures that it dries clothes faster — the higher RPM, better the clothes drying ability of the machine.
- The ‘Smart diagnosis’ feature makes solving minor technical issues simple. Just call the helpline and hold the phone over the machine.
- Weight capacity – 6 kg (Good for small families)
- Warranty period – 2 years on product and ten years on motor
- With the six motion direct drive, this machine ensures that every cycle results in the optimal fabric wash.
- The waterproof control panel comes with a sleek and stylish design and has touch-sensitive controls.
- It comes with the turbowash technique that finishes the regular wash cycle within 59 minutes and helps to save energy and water.
- Child lock – Yes, it does have a child lock
- Door diameter & opening angel – It has 300 mm diameter and 170-degree door opening angle.
- It comes with a built-in heater that helps to automatically heat the water to an optimal degree that suits the selected wash cycle.
- Comes with the fuzzy logic feature.
- Water temperature can be ranged from 20 degrees to 95-degree centigrade.
- It has four spin speed options, and speed can be set at 1000, 800, 600 and 400 RPM.
- It has a time delay, and several wash programs feature. Wash programs allow you to use preset controls while washing different clothes.
- It has an alternate rotation of drum technique which minimizes the creases in the fabrics.
- An auto restart allows the machine to restart the wash program from where it stopped — a useful feature for the cities where recurrent electricity failure is an issue.
- The touch panel is waterproof.
- High Maintenance cost.
- Makes Noise while washing
2. Samsung Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – High Capacity and Speed
If you are looking for a great front loading washing machine that has a decent capacity, then you might want to try this product. It has a professional design with advanced functionalities.
- Maximum capacity – 8 kilograms (Good for 5 or persons)
- Materials used – Stainless steel
- Color – white
- Speed – 1200 RPM
- Warranty – 2 years on product and 10 years on motor
- Eco bubble technology – this will ensure that the fabrics of your clothes are well taken care of.
- Digital inverter technology – helps save electricity and protects the motor of your machine.
- Eco-friendly – it cleans the drum without the use of harmful chemicals
- You can put a lot of garments inside it in one session because it has a very high capacity. This will save you time and electricity.
- It has very good warranty terms.
- The clothes dry faster because of the high RPM which can save you time.
- Whenever a problem arises, it is very easy to troubleshoot because it has an easy troubleshoot feature. It has a smart automatic error monitoring system detects and diagnoses problems automatically.
- It removes stains effectively, even the hardest to remove the stain.
- It is very durable the machine can last up to approximately 23 years.
- It has a very stylish design and a transparent door which gives you the privilege to look what’s happening inside.
- It is very gentle on fabrics, which gives you the confidence that it will not damage your clothes.
- It is expensive.
3. Bosch 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Suitable for a large family
Bosch is known for its quality washers. They provide powerful, multi-featured front loading washing machines which give spotless wash. This machine has a flow sensor and a water level sensor. Bosch calls it as sensor-controlled, step-less automatic load adjustment system.This system decides an ideal amount of water that should be used during the wash, and it varies according to the number of clothes in the drum.
- A fully automatic machine with 8 KG of weight capacity.
- Fifteen wash programs to help wash a different kind of clothes.
- Two years warranty on product and ten years on motor.
- 1200 RPM spin speed.
- It Comes with anti-vibration design and waterproof LED touch panel with child lock.
- Express wash system ensures that clothes get cleaned within 60 minutes
- Equipped with a prewash system that provides the clothes are well soaked before the actual wash cycle starts.
- Comes with a free water filter.
- Capable of working in low water pressure of 0.3 bar as well.
- Eco silence inverter motor ensure the noiseless operation
- ‘Active plus water’ system saves water and reduces the water bills.
- Can add or remove the clothes during the wash cycle.
- Can work in low water pressure.
- Pipes and power cables are too short
- Plumber help may be needed to install the machine
4. LG 8.0 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Heavy duty washer
‘FH2G6TDNL42’ is one of the best front-loading machines by LG, which is fully-automatic and released in 2018 with 8 KG of capacity.
When compared with other front-loading washing machines by LG, it seems like that it is an upgrade to its previous machine named ‘FH0H3NDNL02’. FH0 machine has 6 KG capacity while this brand-new release has 8 KG capacity and provide more spin speed than that of a previous one.
With a spin speed of 1200RPM, this machine can be a perfect choice for the family with 5 or more people and having more weight capacity gives LG an edge over other brands to help you wash more clothes at one go. This machine is perfect for a large family of 5 -6 members.
- The Weight capacity is 8 KG
- Spin Speed – 1200 RPM
- Stainless steel drum – To sustain with 8 KG weight capacity LG built this machine using a stainless-steel drum which makes this machine a durable product.
- Waterproof touch panel
- This washing machine also comes with a two-year warranty on the product and has ten years warranty on the motor.
- Six Motion Direct Drive: Means it has attached motor directly to the washing drum instead of keeping it at other place and then attaching it to the drum with a motor belt.
- Has a uniquely designed six types of motion technology rotates that allows people to wash the clothes using various directions.
- It also has a ‘Washing by hand’ mode which gently rotates the clothes in the drum, so it doesn’t get damaged while getting thoroughly cleaned.
- Smart Diagnosis’ is another unique feature of this product that helps you to diagnose the problem with a machine. If your washing machine ever gets stuck due to some internal problem, you need to run a program called as a smart diagnosis which will provide you with an instant answer.
- Built-in motor with drum reduces the vibration and runs smoothly
- Most users experienced it as a silent washing machine.
- Built with a durable washing drum with six motion drive.
- Child lock facility with the waterproof touch panel.
- Has inbuilt heater for deep cleaning.
- You can’t control the RPM of spin speed
5. Whirlpool 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine – 6th sense soft move technology
With an ocean of different technologies used to design this product, Whirlpool 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine White (Fresh Care 8212) can be considered as the most preferred option for users available. Let s look at the features of this product.
- Since the product is made in Europe, it has a European craftmanship’s design and touch that adds elegance and looks to the product.
- The Steamcare Technology rotates the drum in a slow movement along with the steam that comes through it that prevents hard wrinkles to form in and cleans each and every fibre thoroughly giving you the best odour-free cleaning.
- The 6th sense Soft Move Technology senses the load inside the machine and automatically sets up the speed reducing the amount of friction created and maximizing the result.
- Colour 15 effectively uses the softner of the washing machine and reduces the colour fading problem that you come across.
- A triple plus energy rating helps you with the electricity bill as well as helps nature.
- The machine is equipped with IntelliSense inverter motor that creates minimal noise while functioning. Slow vibrations maximize the cleaning operation.
- The intense rinse removes all the detergent from the fabric.
- The Clean+ option sets the cleaning mode automatically according to the cleaning needs. Each cleaning option has a separate water usage, cycle time, and pattern.
- It consumes very less energy, thus, saving a lot of money on your electricity bills.
- No such cons were observed
6. Samsung 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Energy Efficient Machine
Have a family of 3 to 4 people? No worries, ‘Samsung WW65M206L0W’ can solve your problem. With a weight capacity of 6.5 kg & 1000 RPM spin speed, this machine is built for medium-sized families.
Available in white color this machine holds a diamond-shaped drum with a unique embossed design. This unique design prevents the protrusion of clothes through the holes of the drum.
Usually, with conventional washing machines, clothes tend to protrude through the hole and get damaged during the washing process. But this machine has 43% smaller holes which are located within a diamond-shaped depression. This feature helps to reduce the wear and tear of fabrics during the wash cycle.
This can be a good buy for those families who experience electricity voltage fluctuations in their area and want a washing machine that goes gently on clothes while saving electricity in the long run.
- Weight capacity: 6.5 KG
- Spin speed: 1000 RPM
- Holes in drum located within the diamond-shaped depression.
- Has ceramic heaters that prevent calcium build up.
- Volt Control: It has anti-limescale heaters built from ceramics that remain effective for a more extended period.
- With silver wash technology, you don’t need to use bleach or various chemical-based cloth cleaning liquids to kill the bacteria. This machine uses the power of Nanotechnology and Ag+ ions to reduce the bacterial growth on clothes up to the period of a month.
- Silver wash does not require hot water. Instead, it uses cold water, which means less electricity consumption.
- As like other washing machines, this comes with a built-in wash program like ‘Quick wash.’ It allows users to wash the lightly dirty clothes in minimum time.
- Energy efficient washing machine
- The Ag+ Silver Nano Technology wash process.
- Built-in silver wash technology removes the need for bleach or a hot water rinse to reduce bacteria on clothes.
- Can sustain the voltage deviations up to the 25%
- 6 ft long power cord.
- Some users find the water inlet hose pipe smaller than the required length.
- Heavy machine to move from one place to another.
7. IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Best Buy for Small Families
IFB is known to produce various home appliances that are not only useful but packed with their technical excellence. ‘Diva Aqua SX’ washing machine is not an exception to that.
This machine has crescent-shaped moon grooves lined on the washing machine drum which successfully conceals the holes within a drum but does not block them. This helps to avoid fabric damage.
Apart from absorbing the hard hits caused by tumble process, these groove shape helps to curve the water in a swoosh pattern. Swoosh pattern of water help to avoid the friction of clothes against the drum wall.
IFB aqua diva SX a good purchase for families with 2 to 4 person or bachelors as it is designed to meet the laundry requirement of a small number of people.
Let’s have a look at what all these features mean and how will they benefit its users.
- Weight capacity – 6 kg
- It comes with 45 L water consumption capacity with the ability to give a quick wash to your clothes.
- Spin speed – 800 RPM
- Temperature options – Hot, cold & warm. With these options, one can wash almost all kinds of fabrics using this machine, like cotton, woolens, and mixed fabrics.
- Laundry adds feature is something unique by IFB that allows users to slip in the clothes in mid-cycle while 2D wash system uses the shower system to soak, wash & rinse the fabrics thoroughly.
- It’s aqua energy feature uses the advanced magnet technology which helps to energizes water and breaks down the calcium into the minute crystals so that limescale doesn’t build up and machine becomes energy efficient.
- The machine weighs 62 KG and is 59.8 CM wide & 84.7 CM in height.
- It comes with four years warranty on a product as well as four years warranty on the motor which is relatively less warranty period as compared to its other competitors’ products in the market with the same price range.
- Better for small families of up to 4 members
- Has a quick wash and other predefined wash programmes to save time
- Less noisy
- 2D wash system doesn’t require you to soak clothes
- No spin speed controls
- Adapter to connect water tap needs to be purchased separately.
8. Godrej 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – EcoBalance system
No one needs an introduction to Godrej; they are in business for decades and providing the top-notch products to the nation.
This machine comes with an eco-balance system, which automatically optimizes the requirement of energy and water as per a load of fabrics in the drum and is said to reduce water usage and energy consumption by 50%.
After reviewing various specifications of Godrej WF Eon 600 PAE washing machine, we can conclude that it is suitable for couples and bachelors.
- Weight capacity – 6 KG
- Spin speed – 800 RPM
- Warranty – 2 years on product, five years on motor
- The material used – Plastic
- Its anti-crease system makes sure that fabrics get minimum wrinkles during wash and allergy protect feature helps to get rid of 7 types of allergens & 4 types of bacteria that often found on clothes.
- Error detection system helps to identify common errors while the child lock prevents kids from messing up with various wash cycles.
- It has an unbalanced load correction that detects and redistributes unbalanced wash load.
- Protects the machine from excess foam.
- It has a water overflow system which ensures appropriate water level in the wash tub.
- Energy efficient eco-balance system
- It comes with 15 different wash programs for easy wash along with anti-crease, allergy protects, overflow protection, child lock, and error detection system.
- Auto power off & delay start
- Less noisy
- Works amazingly with minimum water consumption
- Some user experienced vibrations while spinning
9. BPL 7.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Stylish Looking
BPL is one more reputed brand which is well known for its excellent electronic devices across India put forth this fully automatic front loading washing machine.
The machine has a stylish look along with the smooth contours and has chrome paneling. It also has a digital LED display that helps the user to monitor the washing operations like at what speed motor is spinning, water temperature and delay time.
Though with many useful specifications, this machine seems to be a perfect fit for large families, there is one thing that worries us. It looks like it comes with poor post-sale service. We found that post-sale service is missing to a certain degree as various customers from Amazon complained about the same.
- BFAFL75WX1 washing machine from BPL comes with the 7.5 kg weight capacity and has maximum 1200 RPM spin speed. Both specifications are good enough to wash a large number of fabrics which make it ideal for large families.
- The door can swing at 180 degrees, making it a natural process to add or to take out the clothes.
- Warranty period: 1 year on product & 3 years on motor
- Door: Built with stainless steel & has the 180-degree hinge
- Noise level: 35dB for washing & 65dB for spinning
- Water consumption: Approximately 35L
- The washing drum had a sturdy design and made up of stainless steel.
- Equal water distribution is achieved throughout the wash cycle using a specialized in-built technique, which is known as ‘water spray technique.’
- Good fit for large families
- The sturdy design of wash drum & door. The washing drum is built with ‘S’ shaped ribs, which helps to enhance the washing performance of a machine.
- Easily pile up the clothes with a 180-degree hinge of the door.
- It has a digital LED display for easy monitoring of washing operations.
- Can’t remove the drain pipe as it can lead to continuous water drainage.
- Several users faced poor post-sale service experience.
10. Mitashi 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – Budget buy
Mitashi washing machine comes with 6 KG washing capacity and has a spin speed of 1000 RPM. The machine is equipped with a buzzer that rings automatically whenever a wash cycle ends. This removes the worry of a user to check on the machine if the wash cycle is completed or not.
It also comes with the 96-degree heat wash, which makes sure that every stain on fabrics is removed and with such amount of the heat, most of the micro-organism gets killed in the washing process.
- Weight capacity – 6KG
- Spin speed – 1000 RPM
- Warranty – 2 years on product and five years on motor.
- It has the child lock facility so that children can’t mess with the predefined settings or change the washing cycle program.
- With approximately 48L water consumption, eight different wash programs, and rust-free metal body, this machine is built for a long run that suits small families.
- Slightly dampened clothes can be washed with ‘Super quick wash’ mode, which enables the 15-minute wash and helps to clean the lightly soiled fabrics within possibly shortest period.
- It comes with a unique feature that allows machine self-clean the wash drum and removes the debris that settles down after each wash.
- Usually, debris that remains after every wash can lead to the growth of fungus in the machine and trigger the unpleasant smell. We have discussed how to prevent and remove this unpleasant smell caused by the mold.
- Best for small families with 3 to 4 people
- Child lock ensure that children do not mess with all the settings
- Self-cleaning drum feature help to avoid the mold built up and unpleasant smell.
- Rust-free metal body
- Though Mitashi tried to reduce the shock, vibration, and noise using the ‘Noise & shockproof’ technology and universal motor, few users complained that the washing machine is too shaky and noisy.
- Rinsing twice option can’t be disabled (but you can stop the second rinse once the first is completed)
11. Bosch Fully-automatic Front-loading Washing Machine – With VarioDrum Technology
‘Bosch WAK24268IN’ is fully automatic front-loading washing machine with various unique features. With numerous useful features and ability to wash the clothes thoroughly using the ‘VarioDrum’ – a specialized technique by Bosch make this washing machine a go-to product for a family of 2-3 members and want to wash blankets, curtains, etc. One of the most prominent features that we found about this machine is that it though it is an old model, it is well received by users. It is the most positively rated washing machine on the Amazon.
- 47L water consumption
- The maximum spin speed of 1200 rpm – It is one of the promising features of this machine. Also, you can adjust the rpm as per the nature of the clothes you are washing.
- Noise level – for washing: 54 dB; for spinning: 74 dB
- variorum & Varioperfect – specialized features by Bosch.
- Two years warranty on product and ten years warranty on motor provide mental peace, and it also shows the confidence of the company in their product.
- It comes with the 7kg capacity, which usually enough for most of the families unless and until you have a big family & need a heavy-duty machine.
- It has 12 wash programs which almost cover your daily needs and provides delay wash time up to the 24 hrs.
- It comes with the ‘Varioperfect’ function, which is unique to Bosch’s washing machines and supposed to reduce energy consumption by up to 20%.
- Comes with super quick 15 feature perfect for freshening up lightly soiled clothes in 15 minutes.
- Built with antivibration design to lower the vibrations and keep the machine stable
- Can work with low water pressure
- Low noise level.
- Has a child lock that locks down all the keys and prevents an accidental change in settings by kids.
- Though Bosch is diligent enough to provide ten years warranty on motor, as per various users after sale service has some issues and many users on Amazon complaint about the delayed service.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are fully-automatic machines a better option?
Fully-automatic machines are a much better option than the other types, reason being. It only has a single tub where you can perform all the functions which makes it compact in size and occupies lesser space. They are an energy-efficient option for washing your clothes and drying them, just set the settings once before you load your clothes. The cost is more as compared to other options.
2. Does the drying feature come along every washing machine?
Now, most of the washing machines come along with the drying feature. In case if you have a weather condition which is not suitable for clothes to dry, just put the clothes inside the tub and switch on the drying settings, you can easily make them dry.
3. Washing Machine Drum Capacity – what does it mean?
Wash drum is an important and the core part of each washing machine and comes with a certain amount of capacity. This capacity is equivalent to the total weight of dry clothes that one can wash in one wash cycle. Often, it is less than the total number of fabrics one can fit into the wash drum when the washing machine is not running.
In most cases, it ranges from 5 kg to the 12 kg, and you can choose it as per your requirement like how frequently you use the machine and what is the approximate size of your laundry.
4. Direct drive or Belt drive – which washing machine is better?
Usually, washing machines are divided into two different groups according to which drive technology they use. First is direct drive and the second is belt drive.
But the washing machine is not big equipment which will require a drive-train with the belts. So, usually you will the direct drive machines, but some companies like Mitashi prefer building belt drive machine. Direct drive technology is always better than the belt drive as it is quieter & more energy efficient.
But the direct drive does come with some cons. It is expensive than the belt drive as the motor becomes complex because it directly connects with the wash drum. Also, direct drive technology adds extra stress over the main bearing of the machine as it has to support the wash drum as well as the motor.
5. How full should a front load washer be?
To understand the exact amount of clothes you can add to the washing machine, first read the loading instruction provided by the company and see if they have outlined a specific amount or not.
If your washer doesn’t come with any instructions, then follow the universal loading order which is adding detergent, then fabrics and water. Never fill the drum more than the three-quarters full or never go beyond the last row of holes that present at the front.
Never overload the washing machine. It will hamper it’s working. While adding the clothes inside the machine, always remember that you should distribute them evenly across the drum.
6. Why does front loader washer smell?
Often, front-load washing machine starts to smell due to the growth of mold. It is a type of fungus that usually grows at home in a damp environment and responsible for producing the mildew smell.
If you wash clothes in a washing machine which has mold growth inside, clothes also start smelling unpleasant.
7. How to prevent & remove the front-load washer odor?
To prevent the mildew smell caused by mold growth in the front-loading washing machine, follow the given tips:
- Always use high efficiency (HE) detergent in the right quantity.
- Wash the last load of laundry in hot water to kill the bacteria and fungal growth.
- Clean the drain pump of a washing machine to remove the accumulated debris.
- Keep the door of the washing machine open for some time, which will allow the drum to dry perfectly.
These steps are the keys to avoiding the stinky odor coming from the front load washing machines. But if you have a machine that smells bad, then follow the instructions given below:
- Add some vinegar to the detergent dispenser and run the washing machine using the hot water to kill the mold.
- After you finish, clean up the drum, door and detergent dispenser with a clean and dry cloth.
- After cleaning up with a dry cloth, run the machine with just hot water.
- Once you finish the running hot water cycle, leave the door open for a few hours to allow the air to enter of washing drum, so it can get dry naturally.
8. What is anti-limescale build up technology in the washing machine?
Often, heaters of washing machine suffer from the limescale build up. Though it takes several months to years to build up the calcium over the heaters, once appeared, it can result in extra energy consumption.
Heaters with anti-limescale technology said to prevent the calcium build up, which results in an energy efficient washing machine and more savings on energy bills in the long run.
Fully automatic washing machine saves tons of time and energy when used right as per the given direction. If you are looking for the best fully automatic front load washing machine, then the Indian market is filled with several good choices.
Among all the good machines, we believe that LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02) is the best Pick. Also, Bosch 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine does a great job when it comes to energy efficiency, washing quality, and ability to control the spin speed. No wonder it is one of the highest rated fully automatic front-loading washing machines. Though it is an expensive purchase, it is worth every penny.
If you are on a tight budget, then you can choose the one that suits your pocket. Mitashi 6 kg WMFA600K100 FL, BPL 7.5 kg BFAFL75WX1, and Godrej 6 kg WF Eon 600 PAE are few cheaper options to go with.