Top 8 Food Processors
We all have Juicers and grinders at home, and even citrus juicer for juicing oranges but what about slicing vegetables for cooking? We can not use a juicer for that, hence comes a food processor. A food processor is a household kitchen device used for multiple purposes like chopping, slicing, mixing, and juicing. It helps in making food preparation easier by saving time and manual work required in performing those repetitive tasks.
The parts of a food processor are the bowls, the feed tube through which the ingredients are added for processing; usually, it also serves as a chute and a pusher which is sized to slide through the feed tube. Most of the modern food processors are quite safe and handy to use.
In this article, we will provide you all the needed information like Types of a food processor, a comprehensive buyers guide and FAQ. Lastly, we have also mentioned our Top 8 food processor so you can easily find the perfect one for you.
Top 8 Food Processor India
Types of Food processors
Hand operated food processors are the most basic ones. They are used for chopping vegetables like onions. They need a little more effort in terms of manual work, but on the other hand, they are effortless to use and clean. Since they come in quite small sizes, storage is not an issue. Hand operated processors are perfect for chopping purposes when the quantity of food is less.
Mini Food Processors
Mini food processors are compact. They are best suited for smaller families. These can perform multiple activities like chopping, grinding, shredding, and mixing, but all in few quantities. For people living singly and preferring to cook versatile dishes on their own, these mini food processors are highly recommendable.
Full-Sized Food Processors
Full-sized food processors are the ones who can perform most of the functions and can also provide a capacity of around 9-12 cups. Some even offer 20 cup capacities. The most expensive ones come with dough-hooks to mix bread. Also, they will be equipped with a range of discs and blades to choose from for the benefit of the user. Full-sized processors of good brands can be very long-lasting as their motors are powerful enough to handle all kinds of operations.
These are best suited for heavy food processing like meat. They can handle all types of food and have a sturdy metal structure which makes them more potent than any other kind of food processor. They have many accessory parts like slicers, grinders, which make them all the more versatile and suitable for some rough kitchen work.
The food processor that is chosen should be able to handle the kind of processing that is required by the user. For tough jobs like chopping raw carrots, mixing stiff ingredients or shredding hard cheese, a processor with a strong motor must be used else it will burn out soon.
The bowls of a food processor come in varying sizes depending on the model. So before buying, you must see which ones would be suitable for your requirements. A mini food processor would be suitable for single people and small families while a full-sized one is apt for larger families.
Blades and discs
It is recommended that one must check if all the types of blades and discs are provided according to the functions that the processor has to perform. There are different kinds of accessories like the reversible blade for grating as well as slicing, chopping blade, beater and whisk disc attachments and juice extractor.
Brand and Price
The brands and models must be kept in mind while buying a food processor. The more expensive ones provide a powerful motor which is very helpful in the long run. The secondary brands often offer some extra accessories and attachments, but their motors are not that powerful. The ultimate decision should be made on personal preference and the budget of the buyer.
It must be ensured that the product bought has a long-term warranty and provides quality customer service. Food preparation will become both convenient and enjoyable if proper investment is made on the food processor.
Electronic appliances like food processors are very delicate; they can break down if not used properly. Complete information about the DOs and DON’Ts is a necessity.
A detailed demo is a must, and the explanation of the procedure to use a processor must be simple. The technological and digital progress should not make it complicated for the older generation to use.
Consider the feeding tube’s size while buying processors. The feeding tube in the lids must be wide. The size of the feeding tube will determine the maximum size of food that can be added to the processor. The wider the feeding tube, the lesser the efforts to slice the food.
If the feeding tube is narrow, it will require you to pre-cut your food. One of the best lids would include feeding tubes with another smaller feeding tube in the middle of the pusher.
Easy Assembly and Easy Control
The arrangement and gathering of all the tools must be simple. The lid should instantly get securely placed with a snap. Some machines would not work if the pusher is not inside; it may make it harder to add more material while it’s working.
Another part of the easy assembly is that the parts must be easy to clean.
You can opt for a processor with a touchpad, and smooth inset buttons are preferable to control functions. The older style of lever toggles may collect some overflowing liquids, and it may collect some filth.
8 Best Food Processors
1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
Inalsa is the subsidiary of the Taurus group headquartered in Spain and is a pioneer in the food processors. It was founded in 1967 Inalsa was launched in India over 30 years ago.
Inalsa fiesta 650 will take care of all your needs, be it chopping, kneading, juicing and grinding. This processor consumes only 650 watts and operates on a low voltage of 220-240 volts.
- This food processor comes with a Multi Utility Blender and Grinder jar with a Powerful Motor.
- Its Strong-armed blade stainless steel grinding jar gives faster and sharper cuts.
- Anti-Skid feet will prevent the processor from slipping away when the weight is increased.
- Troubleshooting guidelines are given for solving any issues regarding the operation.
- Operating noise is between 80-90 dB
- Power – 650 Watt
- Two no. of Jars -Blender Jar(1.5 L, PolyCarbonate), Grinding Jar(1.0 L, Stainless Steel)
- Chopping Blade, Kneader Blade, Egg, Whisker, Centrifugal Juicer, Coarse Shredder Cutter, Fine Shredder Cutter, Fine Slicer, French Fry Cutter, Spatula.
- 2 Years Warranty on Product & 5 Years Warranty on Motor
- Detailed information is available in the DVD about the processor and instructions which shows how to use the processor and its accessories.
- This food processor makes excellent dough for roti in barely 5 minutes
- Price is affordable than any other similar product available.
- This processor is a value for money.
- Quality of plastic could be better.
- Durability is average.
2. Bajaj Maverick Food Processor
The Bajaj Maverick is a dual colored mixer grinder model that features a food processing bowl and three jars. The motor is of copper and ensures a powerful performance for the best results. Moreover, the motor comes with a 5-year warranty making it a trustworthy appliance to go for irrespective of its price.
- It comes with a mixer grinder, coconut scraper, and a food processing bowl.
- Includes 3 jars: Liquidizing jar (1.5 L), dry grinding jar (1.0 L) and a chutney jar (0.4 L).
- Dual colored body for a more appealing look.
- Power consumption: 750 watts.
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 years on motor.
- The motor is of 100 % copper.
- Weighs 5 Kg.
- Has unbreakable handles and lids for durability.
- High motor performance.
- Allows you to scrape coconut in the mixer grinder using the coconut scraper.
- Durable and elegant model.
- No such cons were mentioned.
3. Brayden Intellio 2.0 Food Processor
Brayden Intellio is a multi-food processor with a removable double-layered 4D chopping blade with two speeds, and pulse control has double standard safety.
The 350 W power copper motor can be used to grind pieces of vegetables /fruits or make a fine puree. It comes with a reversible slice/shred disc with a double standard safety with a removable bowl. It comes with a reversible slice/shred disc.
- The processor stays sturdy when the machine starts running as it is on a stage mounted motor.
- There is no overheating issue when you run the processor for a longer duration due to the Overheat Protection feature.
- Anti-Vibrate system that keeps the liquids from leaking whenever the processor starts shaking.
- The bowl has a capacity of 400 ml. It comes with a lid lock facility and with a sharp-angled vector slicer.
- Large feed chute can reduce your efforts of chopping and dicing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- The body and the accessories of these processors are BPA FREE. BPA is a chemical found in plastic which has been reported to be harmful.
- It is easy to clean.
- The shelf life of this processor is average.
4. Inalsa INOX Food Processor
Inalsa was launched in India around 1967 by a company called Taurus from Spain. This food processor has a stainless steel body with see-through blender jar, wet/dry grinder jar, chutney grinder jar, five functional SS disc blades, centrifugal and citrus juicers, kneading jar with blade and chopper blade.
- INALSA Food Processor – Inox 1000 offers a safety feature that provides Safe Operation to its customers. The Safety Sensor Device stops the motor from running when all parts of the model are not correctly fitted. This feature will not run the processor even when the lock is not sealed correctly, yet the main rotary switch is ON.
- Overheat Safety Protection will turn off the motor automatically when the processor gets too hot/overloaded.
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- This processor is highly safe with the entire safety and protection feature embedded in it.
- Good buy for a single appliance with multiple functions
- It has a sturdy and heavy-duty motor.
- Aesthetically appealing.
- The rubber is a bit soft.
- Pricing is on the higher side.
5. Bajaj FX-11 Food Processor
The Bajaj food processor comes with a sleek and stylish finish with a sturdy body for better endurance. This appliance comes with a set of three jars and a processing bowl for various uses. The Grinding jar and chutney jar has a stainless steel body while the liquidizing jar and processing bowl are made of unbreakable polycarbonate material. The blades are made of stainless steel to retain the sharpness and last longer. The processor bears a three-speed setting with the pulse function for momentary operation.
- 5 L liquidizing jar, 1 L grinding jar, and 0.3 L chutney jar
- Functions include kneading dough, chopping, slicing, and shredding and juice making.
- Comes with a power of around 600 Watts for better efficiency.
- It has a motor overload protector and jar locks for safety.
- There are six main blades to choose from – Detachable Blades, Dry Grinding Blade, Chopping Blade, Slicing Blade, Chutney Blade, and other blades for kneading, shredding, cutting French Fries and coconut scraping.
- Powerful motor
- Makes very less noise
- Has a 2-year warranty and five years for the motor
- Good quality, safe and easy to use
- The jars are not of that good quality, but it won’t affect the performance.
- Capacity not suitable for large families.
6. Philips Food Processor
A sturdy and stylish product, white-based in color and with a sleek design from Philips. It has an energy rating of 5. Multi-purpose functions are provided including slicing, mincing, shredding, blending, scraping as well as wet grinding. It is a great product for saving time and energy while cooking. Both centrifugal and citrus juicers are given along with the set.
- Huge range of blades including grating blade, mixing blade, chutney blade, and slicing blade.
- Five different jars ranging from 1.2L to 0.4L
- Comes with centrifugal and citrus juicers.
- Has two speed as well as two pulse settings
- 700-watt power consumption
- Overload protector, safety switch and locks
- Powerful motor with auto shut off
- Stainless steel blades
- Can perform a variety of processing tasks with ease
- Has a 2-year product warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
- Price is a bit higher compared to others
7. Morphy Richards Food Processor
This appealing copper-colored food processor from Morphy Richards is highly multi-functional and comes with 3-speed settings. It is preferable mainly for juicing, mixing, and grinding. The brand has been introduced in the Indian market and has been quite widely accepted as a food processor. This processor uses quadra flow technology for super fine grinding and comes with a unique child safety lock.
- Brushed, square-shaped metal body
- Unique variomatic 7 step slicing blade
- Comes with a Jumbo-sized processing bowl of 2.4L, other jars of varying sizes and a spatula
- Quadra-flow technology for super fine grinding
- 11 attachments are provided
- Unique child safety lock
- Extra-long blades for efficient grinding
- Long-lasting stainless steel blades
- Technically advanced appliance suitable for many operations
- Two years of warranty
- High pricing
- Smoke and noise is noticed initially, goes away with usage
- High power consumption
8. Usha Food Processor
This Usha product makes kitchen work a lot easier as it comes with a 600 Watt motor which efficiently handles all kind of jobs. The design is uniquely crafted for Indian food preparations. The processor also allows convenient multi-purpose use in mincing, shredding, slicing, grating, atta kneading, blending, juicing, dry and wet grinding.
The set has unbreakable polycarbonate bowl, lid and blender jar; ten functional attachments LED indicator for power and overload dimensions (WxHxD): 340 mm x 224 mm x 206 mm.
- 1.5-liter blender jar, 0.4-liter chutney jar, and a 2-liter bowl.
- Also consists of a spatula, cleaning brush, fruit filter with citrus and centrifugal attachments
- Power consumption of 600 Watt
- 2L processing bowl
- Provides for wet and dry grinding, juicing, grating as well as chutney grinding, scraping, whipping, blending
- Stainless steel grinding and multi-purpose jars
- Safety features available
- Very good for multi-purpose use
- Ten attachments available
- Comes with 3-speed settings
- LED indicator
- Cleaning the jars are quite time-taking
- Harsh noise during grinding
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which food processor is best for Indian type of cooking?
Mini food processors are a great option for versatile cooking in small quantities while full-sized processors can perform all functions with its powerful motor. Buffalo Choppers are also great for Indian cooking as it helps in processing meat. Some good brands for food processors are Philips, Bajaj, Morphy Richards, etc.
2. What all things can be done with a food processor?
You can chop anything using a food processor, be it vegetables, chicken, cheese or nuts. Certain full-sized processor is also useful in dough making. You can also use it to make homemade sauces and dips like pesto, hummus, vegetable dip, etc.
You can shred, grind, and puree any food item. There are also models that help in making fruit and vegetable juices, beat eggs, whites, and cake batter along with grinding meat and vegetables.
3. What is the purpose of a food processor?
The primary purpose of a food processor is to cut, chop, or slice food products like meat and vegetable. It is a versatile kitchen appliance that makes cooking much easier and convenient while saving most of your time, which you would otherwise waste by having to manually chop or slice food items.
4. What is the difference between a food processor and a blender?
Blenders mostly blend liquids or soft food to make smoothies, juices, and pulp. Food processors include takes care of the labor-intensive task like chopping, slicing, and kneading, etc.
5. How many watts should a good processor be?
Good Food Processor should have Wattage of at least 500 to 1000 Watts.
6. Can you shave or crush ice in a food processor?
In most processors with pushers, you can’t shave or crush the ice as it may damage the blades and the bowls. Some food processors may come with a variant that can crush the ice. Make sure you know what option you are buying.
7. What is the best way to clean a food processor?
Separate all the apparatuses from the processor and keep it soaked in warm water with soapy dishwashing water for a few minutes. Then gently scrub off the dirt and rinse gently.
8. Can a food processor be cleaned in a dishwasher?
Washing the processor with a hand is always recommended. You can clean the blades in the dishwasher and keep the temperature of the water warm instead of cold.
9. Can you juice in a food processor?
Yes, you can juice in a food processor with the pulp in it or without the pulp in it.
Food processors can make preparation of food fun, enjoyable as well as time and energy saving. One should invest in this multi-functional kitchen appliance for all-around convenience. The benefits of having a food processor in the kitchen are numerous.
A huge number of recipes are possible when this device is present in the household. The quantity of food is not an issue anymore as the hard labor of cutting, chopping, and grinding is done away with.
Out of all these food processors, The Philips HL1661/00 700 W Food Processor is the best in the market as of now, because of its ability to perform a range of functions with ease and its powerful motor settings. Another one we would recommend is The Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor.
The features of this appliance have drawn many customers to use this in their homes, and this brilliantly designed product should definitely be considered while choosing a food processor. Preparing nutritious and delicious meals has become so easy in this era, and that is exactly why the food processor is extremely important for a healthy living nowadays.