Best Salad Spinner
Eating salad won’t serve its purpose optimally if it is not properly cleaned or dried after washing. That’s where salad spinner comes into play. It comprises a plastic bowl, plastic colander, and a spinning lid.
A salad spinner delivers tastier, hygienic, and cleaner salad dishes effortlessly as it removes the excess water from the greens and veggies after washing. It ensures that lettuce remains undamaged while cleaning the leaves.
Do you think a salad spinner is modern? No, it is not an advanced kitchen tool. The usage of the salad spinner is from the 1970s. The design and style of the product are changed in the current salad spinner. Above all, every salad spinners follow a spinning mechanism that works on centrifugal force. With the help of the internet, it is now easy to find salad spinner online in India.
In this article we will provide you with all the information you need to buy the best-suited salad spinner like types, tips on washing salad, buyers guide, the correct way to wash the salad and how important is a salad spinner. Lastly, we have also mentioned Our Top 9 Recommended Salad Spinners and FAQ’s.
Top 9 Salad Spinner in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Electric salad spinner
Are You Correctly washing Your Salads?
Many people tend to use the salad spinner in the wrong way. The most common mistake is washing your leafy greens, veggies under running water. Washing them under running water may still have few parts of dust parts mud.
The proper method is to place your salad or leafy greens or veggies into the colander inside the salad spinner. Now, fill the water as per the quantity of the salad and rotate the spinner
This removes excess water and cleans the leaves. If you still feel the dirt repeat the washing process. After spinning enough times, leave the salad for some time to let it dry completely.
How Necessary Is a Salad Spinner?
Your salad needs dried leafy greens and veggies. You can not use unwashed leafy greens and veggies in salads. Unwashed leafy greens may cause food poison. So, you must wash the leafy greens and veggies before use.
Apart from washing, drying the salads are an important thing in salad dressing. This makes a salad spinner one of the essential kitchen equipment.
Drying the salads using a paper towel needs more physical work. Also, paper towels can not dry every corner of the leafy greens. A salad spinner can do the job for you.
How to Clean a Salad Spinner?
Before further reading or knowing about the top best picks of a salad spinner, we will detail the cleaning process. No too much physical effort is required for cleaning the salad spinner. You only have to follow the instructions while cleaning.
Dishwasher safe cleaning
For cleaning your salad spinner in the dishwasher
- Remove the basket or colander from the bowl and place them separately in the dishwasher
- Disassemble the lid and place them in the correct slot in a dishwasher.
- Add the required amount of detergent and run it in a regular cycle.
- Finally, dry the components in a dishwasher or using a hand towel.
- To clean the spinner manually pour liquid dish detergent in the salad spinner.
- Half-full the salad spinner with warm water.
- Spin the salad spinner once and remove the soapy water.
- Again half-full the salad spinner with warm water and spin it.
- Remove the water as well as the basket and do a final rinse.
- Clean the outer bowl with dish detergent to remove leftover food particles. Follow the same even for the lid.
- Dry them using a hand towel.
Types of Salad Spinner
Salad spinner or Salad Tosser is used to remove excess water from the salad greens. A salad spinner works on centrifugal force separating the water from the leaves. Different mechanisms are followed to spin the salad. Based on the mechanism, a salad spinner is classified into the following types.
It is considered as the age-old design of the salad spinner. For many years the model is being used yet it is the popular one even after modern technology. This proves that salad spinner is used even in the past, not only in the modern era.
It works when handle or crack is turned in a circular motion. The gears inside rotate which in turn rotates the strainer or basket. Thus, allowing to remove excess water from leafy greens/salads. Crank or handle salad spinner requires more physical effort.
Pump or Pushbutton
The push-button salad spinner or pump salad spinner has the same basket and a bowl with a lid having the pump and stop button. Wash the leafy greens with water. Press the center pump on the lid aids in spinning the leafy greens to remove excess water. Once your job is done, press the stop button to lock the pump.
Pulling cord salad spinner is considered to be more gentle than push-button or pump salad spinner. The first step of washing the leafy greens is the same for every salad spinner. On pulling the cord, the basket spins due to centrifugal force and water from your leafy greens will be removed. After you feel the leaves are dry leave the cord.
Power-based or Electrical salad spinner
Power-based or Electrical salad spinner is used basically in a large kitchen, especially for commercial use. Some electrical salad spinners have the facility to fix the rotational speed. It works similarly to the normal salad spinner. The only difference is it works on power instead manually.
Check List for Buying Salad Spinner
Salad spinners come in many different sizes. If your family is big and you eat salad regularly then it is ideal to choose a salad spinner that can serve 6 or more.
If your family is small, then it is best to choose a salad spinner that can be used to serve 3 to 4 people. Usually, salad spinner comes with 2 to 3 quarts, 4 to 5 quarts
It is the most important feature to be considered while buying a salad spinner. Salad spinners works on a different mechanisms like pulling a cord, pushing a button or pumping . Whatever you choose, make sure you are comfortable with it.
We know that every salad spinner has a lid. Choose the salad spinner that has the lid that can fit exactly to the bowl, especially for a gear mechanism. Otherwise, you can choose the lid with a lock system. Ensure that the lock system sits firmly.
If you are making your salads using a plastic salad spinner, then it must be BPA-free. BPA-free plastic does not have harmful chemicals. Also, they are non-toxic. Hence, any non-toxic product is safe to use.
Ensure that the salad spinner you are looking has a warranty. Since salad spinners work on the spinning mechanism, there may be a chance of receiving a piece with a defective spin. In such situations, warranty aids you in replacing the product.
1. ZYLISS Easy Spin Salad Spinner – Pulling cord
The Easy spin salad spinner is a product of Zyliss. Zyliss is a renowned company founded in 1951. All their products are well designed and innovative to satisfy customer needs.
The salad spinner is easy to use and follows a pull cord mechanism. This allows drying the leafy greens faster. There is an additional press brake button for stopping the spin. It has a non-skid base bowl to prevent slipping movement while spinning.
- The salad spinner comes with a transparent bowl, clear visible lid, and a strainer.
- Zyliss salad spinner follows pulling chord mechanism. It helps in drying the salad faster. Also, the pulling cord is comfortable to use.
- The outer bowl can be used for serving and storing.
- Cleaning of the salad spinner is easy and is dishwasher safe.
- Highly durable product.
- Additional stop button.
- Salad dries faster.
- Quality of the pulling chord can be improved.
2. Kruger Electric Salad Spinner – Electric salad spinner
Kruger Home kitchen products are stylish, innovative, and well-designed. All their products are made using high-quality materials and have good user ratings. Some of their products includes salad spinner, travel coffee mug, chopper, and much more.
The salad spinner provides a good spin and quick drying of salads. It has two buttons for adjusting the speed of the spin. Also, the serving bowl comes with a separate lid for easy storing. It has an additional non-skid base.
- Ideal for lettuce, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, parsley, fruits, and herbs.
- This salad spinner comes with a stainless steel serving bowl with a plastic lid for storing in the refrigerator, a strainer for easy washing and a top lid for spinning.
- Non-slip base to avoid moving of the salad spinner.
- Easy to operate.
- Deeper serving bowl.
- Easy to clean up.
- The motor makes noise while spinning.
3. Wonderchef Plastic Salad Spinner – Compact
Wonderchef is the leading company in kitchen tools. All their products have a unique design. Their category of products includes cookware, kitchen tools, appliances, bakeware, flasks, combo, and much more.
The Wonderchef compact salad spinner is easy to clean. It removes excess water easily by spout given for the outer bowl. It has an easy spinning mechanism. It is ideal for washing lettuce, vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- The salad spinner is made using BPA-free plastic.
- It comes with an outer bowl, green-colored inner colander and a white lid with knob feature
- The outer bowl has a spout for draining the excess water.
- The spinning mechanism helps to remove the water up to 90%.
- The product is convenient to carry i while traveling as it does not occupy much space
- Easy to clean up.
- Measurements mentioned on the outer bowl helps to place the correct amount of veggies in it.
- Available in only one size.
- Leafy greens still have little dampness even after spinning.
4. Cave Tools Salad Spinner – Vented lid
Cave tools provide high-quality kitchen tools and accessories, charcoal grills and recipe books. All their products are well-designed to satisfy customer needs.
The vented lid salad spinner has a capacity of 4.2 quarts. It spins on turning the knob. Also, the bowl has a non-skid base which helps to place the bowl on countertop firmly.
Moreover, the salad spinner is dishwasher safe. It is ideal to use for berries, fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and peppers.
- The capacity of the serving bowl is 4.2 quarts.
- Salad spinner includes a glass bowl, strainer, lid with ventilation for easy rinsing of vegetables and knob to spin.
- The plastic used is BPA free.
- The outer bowl or serving bowl has four rubber legs to avoid damage to the kitchen platform.
- The strainer can also be used for washing strawberries and grapes.
- Sits well on the tabletop or kitchen countertop.
- Dries the vegetables quickly.
- Easy to store the salad.
- It fits well in the refrigerator.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Noticed leakage of water while spinning
5. Prepworks Salad Spinner – Collapsable
Prepworks products aid in easy cooking. All their products have an innovative design with good durability. Some of their products include kitchen tools, storage containers, organization, and cleaning.
The salad spinner is the product of Prepworks that has a collapsible salad spinner. It works on the pump mechanism. The outer bowl can be used as a serving bowl. Dries the salads completely as required.
- The salad spinner is ideal for storing and drying the food.
- Also, the salad spinner has a water drainage spout which helps in easy removal of excess water.
- The locking base keeps the bowl firm and prevents slippage.
- The capacity of the salad spinner is four quarts.
- Easy to use and occupies less space.
- Removes water from the salads efficiently.
- Cleaning of inner bowl and the outer bowl is very easy.
- Takes more time to dry the leafy greens.
6. Gourmia GSA9240 Jumbo Salad Spinner – Multipurpose
All Gourmia products are designed to make cooking even easier and fun. Their products enable the user to prepare food and clean the tools in no time. they manufacture cookers, pans, coffee machines, kettles, and much more.
The salad spinner has an easy spin mechanism with rotational handle soft grip. It removes excess water easily by drying the leafy greens, cabbage, some fruits, and veggies. The serving bowl can be used for storing excess veggies.
- Two separate lids are provided along with the product one is used for chopping, slicing, dicing and grating and others for spinning the leafy greens.
- The product has a great color combination.
- It includes a transparent serving bowl, colander, spinning lid, graters, slicers, dicers, and a lid to use for chopping.
- It includes a handguard for onion, potato, and cucumber.
- The spinning lid has a handle that helps to remove excess water.
- The transparent bowl can be used for serving and mixing the salads.
- The plastic part of the product is made from BPA-free plastic while the blades are from stainless steel
- Additional grater, slicer, and chopping blades are included along with the product.
- Quality of the product is excellent.
- Easy to spin the leafy greens and other veggies.
- Cleaning the salad spinner is easy.
- No negative points observed so far.
7. HomeCare Stylish Salad Spinner – Locking lid
This salad spinner from Homecare is made from BPA-plastic. Easy for serving, mixing, spinning. It comes with a multifunctional rotational handle lid. Also, it has an easy locking system and holes for easy drainage of excess water.
- It comes with a serving bowl, inner cream colander and a lid with locking feature.
- The look of the spinner is very attractive.
- The rotating handle helps in easy washing of the veggies and also used for mixing the salads, drying the leafy greens and vegetables.
- Additional locking lid helps to store the veggies fresh.
- It comes with four rubber leg base to prevent skidding.
- Additional holes to lid help to remove the excess water after wash.
- It has a clear visible serving bowl.
- The serving bowl can also be used as a mixing bowl.
- Cleaning the salad spinner is simple.
- Locking may become loose over some time if not handled properly.
8. Greenco Easy Spin Manual Salad Spinner – Crank/handle
Greenco has a wide range of collection of products. Their products include salad spinners, cartridge tapes, kitchen or bathroom towel bar, a water flosser, and much more.
The 3.2 quarts salad spinner is easy to use and follows a crank/handle mechanism. The color of the salad spinner is white. Also, the bowl can be used as a serving bowl. Moreover, it is stain-resistant and removes excess water from the vegetables.
- It works manually and follows a crank/handle mechanism.
- It is made from BPA-free plastic for safe and healthy food.
- The salad spinner is easy to clean and also it is dishwasher safe.
- You can spin-dry greens, pasta, lettuce, and herbs easily.
- The salad spinner is stain resistant.
- Also, it does not have any odor.
- Leafy greens are dried perfectly.
- The capacity of the bowl is ideal for a single portion.
- Quality of the plastic should be improved.
- Inner basket is too small.
9. Ergocuis Salad Spinner
Ergocuis salad spinner is an ergonomically designed salad spinner that assists you in washing and drying all veggies and greens within a few minutes. It employs robust spinning action that ensures speedy preparation of delicious vegetable/fruit salads.
It is an excellent kitchen companion that helps in leading an organic and healthy life. It is a versatile kitchen tool that serves as an effective washer and dryer combo. It requires one-handed operation by swiftly turning a knob.
With only a few turns, it dries salad quickly. You can easily pour water out through the numerous holes located on the lid top. It helps you to prepare clean and dry foods that are ready-to-serve.
- It is an easy-to-assemble salad spinner that comprises a top lid with 2 locks and a spinning knob, one colander basket, and one clear bowl.
- The presence of two lid locks ensures secured spinning and keeps all the water inside the bowl. It comes with 42 patterned drainage holes situated at the top of the lid that help you to pour all water out of the salad spinner before serving.
- This salad spinner comes with a 4.23 quart capacity with its colander basket and a bowl with a lid. It is enough for making fresh food with its two containers.
- This salad spinner is prepared from BPA-free plastic and thus it is safe for use in the kitchen with food items.
- It can be easily cleaned and washed using your dishwasher.
- It is a portable salad spinner that does not require any batteries.
- It features multifunctional parts as its base bowl can be used as a wide container for washing, storing, or serving foods. Moreover, the basket can also be used as a colander.
- It is an excellent salad spinner that can be used for drying sliced veggies, lettuces, fruits, herbs, onion, spices, meats, etc.
- The bowl is ergonomically designed for easy and efficient cleaning.
- You can easily carry this salad spinner anywhere you like such as picnic, camping, RV, cooking party, etc. It helps you to prepare speedy fresh food indoors as well as outdoors.
- It is ideally designed for salad enthusiasts and it offers a healthy and organic way of cooking
- It is a perfect gift for your loved ones for various festive occasions.
- This dishwasher-safe salad spinner features easy-to-assemble parts that easily make it an ideal choice for chefs.
- It is a high-quality kitchen tool that saves your valuable time. It comes with a travel-friendly and compact design that does not need any electricity to operate.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use salad spinner as a serving bowl?
Yes, the outer bowl can be used as a serving bowl if required. Use this bowl for serving once you have removed the water from your leafy greens. You can mix your salads in the same bowl.
2. Does salad spinner keep leafy greens fresh?
Yes, salad spinner can also keep your leafy greens fresh. If you do not store them properly, they get spoiled soon. So you can wash them and store in a salad spinner for keeping them fresh for a longer time.
A salad spinner is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for washing and drying salad, veggies, herbs, etc. It can be used for washing berries and cleaning vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower. You can soak your beans in it and use it for sprouting.
With a salad spinner, you can completely dry the washed green leafy vegetables before keeping them in the refrigerator. This ensures your greens and veggies remain fresh for a longer duration. A salad spinner promises crisp salads for healthy and tasty eating practices.