Best Citrus Juicer to Quench Your Thirst
We all have heard of juicer and food processor, but what’s more refreshing than a glass of fruit juice in the scorching heat of summer? Be it a workout session or a morning jog or a breakfast essential or simply a refreshment drink, a glass of juice is a must one.
Hence, a citrus juicer is here to help you with making juices to quench your thirst. But there are some facts about a juicer you must consider before investing your money in the product. So here’s a quick guide before you purchase it and also a list of products to choose from.
In this article, you will find all the needed information to make the right choice, such as Mosambi Juicer vs. Juice Extractor, Types of citrus juicer, buyers guide, and FAQ’s. Lastly, we have also mentioned Our Best Citrus Juicers for you guys to take a look at.
Top 9 Best Citrus Juicer in India
Citrus Juicer vs. Juice Extractor
A citrus juicer is the one that serves you with the juices extracted from the citrus fruits, as the name suggests. However, juice extractors will be able to juice out any vegetables or fruits.
A juice extractor can serve the purpose of peeling, separating seeds, and output the juices and the fiber separately as they come with equipped slices or peelers, a higher spin of blades, and greater power consumption.
But a citrus juicer will only output the juice with or without the pulp, separating only seeds.
Types of Citrus Juicer
Apart from the division of manual and electric juicers, citrus juicers can be classified into some other types based on their functionalities.
Pulp Control Type
As the name suggests, a pulp control type citrus juicer will allow you to have a choice on the amount of pulp that goes into your juice.
Spin Function Type
The spin function type citrus juicers work closely like a centrifugal juicer and extract the most out of the pulp supplied to the juicer. It also happens to be the most expensive one among the types.
Reverse Reamer Type
A reverse reamer type is used in a citrus juicer to extract the most out of the fruits supplied. It also leaves behind the residual pulp, which is also rich in fiber content.
Citrus Juicer Buyer’s Guide
The bitter taste that you feel while drinking any citrus fruits is because the seeds get mashed along with the juice. This decreases the sweetness of the juice. A good product should not mash along seeds and pulp along with the juice.
The biggest turn-off factor while using these juicers is the cleaning part that has to be done. If the juicer is dishwasher safe, it makes your cleaning part easy.
Size of Juicer
It is better to buy a compact juicer than going for a big one as it needs to be only used for juicing. Buying a big sized juicer is a waste of space and storage.
You definitely would not want your hands to feel all sticky and mess up the whole kitchen table while chopping down any citrus fruit. Instead, leave that job to the juicer.
The position of the slicer should be kept in mind while purchasing a citrus juicer. Usually, the lid contains the slicer. You just need to bring down the lid to chop the fruit to pieces.
Slicer placed on cornered top.
Size of reamers
Some companies produce their juicers with additional different sized reamers, whereas some produce a large and small-sized reamer for all types of fruits. It is obvious that a large reamer will be helpful for larger fruits like oranges and a small one for fruits like lemons.
Hence, decide your preferences on the size of the fruit and accordingly select the size of the reamer before purchasing a juicer.
While talking about reamers, juicers usually come with maximum double reamers to juice out both the sides of the fruit. But if you want to increase the efficiency of your juicer, go for one that has more than two reamers.
With an increase in the number of reamers, the size of the juicer will also increase. So, if you have a space crunch in your kitchen, opt for double reamers to be on the safe side.
Quality of the juicer
Last and the most important point to keep in mind while buying a juicer is its quality. More the metal as a material, better is the quality, and hence, better is its durability and lifetime. Also, a sturdy food-grade plastic juicer will serve its purpose well and last long.
Plastic might also affect health conditions because of the presence of harmful chemicals and BPAs. Hence the selection of the material of the product should be made wisely.
1. Philips HR2775 1-Litre 25-Watt Citrus Press Juicer
Philips brings you this sleek and compact design juicer for your everyday usage. Its features, such as a drip stop at the sprout and a massive jug capacity, make it attractive in the eyes of the consumers.
- The product consumes a wattage of 25 W and voltage of 220 to 240 Volts
- Has a jug capacity of 1 liter
- It comes along with a pulp selector option
- Provided with a double cone
- Equipped with a drip-stop technology and cord storage.
- A manufacturer warranty of 2 years is available.
- The product is simple to use and easy to clean.
- Its jug capacity of 1 liter makes enough space for squeezing out a lot of juice from the pulp.
- Pulp selector gives you an option to make your juice a smooth or a pulpy one with the pulp grade selection.
- The drip stop on the sprout keeps the body of the juicer clean.
- The warranty covers parts and labor only.
2. Black & Decker CJ650 30-Watt Citrus Juicer
Black & Decker CJ650-IN, 30 W Juicer, has features like automatic press down start, bidirectional motor, and many more, which makes it a favorable one. Although the product’s company is not very famous, the product is reliable, and reviews of this juicer online are positive.
- The consumption of power is 30 Watts.
- Its operating voltage is 220-240 Volts
- 500 ml of juice capacity is available
- Has large and small cones
- A transparent dust protection cover is available
- Has a 2-way spin technology and an adjustable pulp strainer
- The product comes with an automatic press down the start button
- A bi-directional motor is attached to the product
- Warranty tenure of 2 years is on the product
- The adjustable pulp strainer allows you to control the thickness of the juice according to your taste.
- The product is made of very sturdy food-grade plastic and has a motor that is powerful enough to blend the juices.
- Its 2-way spin technology makes the extraction process more convenient.
- It can be used at home but not for industrial purposes.
3. Braun CJ3000 20-Watt Citrus Press
Braun CJ3000 20-Watt Citrus Press juicer is the one that allows you to choose the amount of pulp in your juice along with the other basic features. It is also easy to disassemble the parts for cleaning purposes. The tip-up sprout structure of this juicer helps to keep it clean and mess-free.
- The product consumes a power of 20 Watt
- The automatic start/stop button is provided to the juicer.
- A fruit pulp control along with a practical scale is inbuilt within.
- Juicer has a capacity of 350 ml
- Cable storage is provided along with the product
- Left and right rotation is allowed
- The tip-up sprout of the vessel keeps the juice away from dripping on the body of the juicer and keeps it clean.
- With the practical scale graved on the juicer, you can measure the exact ingredients of your juice.
- The juicer is dishwasher safe and can be easily disassembled for cleaning purposes.
- It seems to be costly compared to other juicers in the market.
- There is no lock system available for the juicer.
4. Gold Star Aluminium Meenas Hand Press Juicer
As compared to the other manual juicers, it is easy to operate Chefstar Aluminium Hand Press Citrus Juicer, Big, Black, because of its hand press features. The handle makes it easier to squeeze the fruits and produce juice. Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- The hand pressing handle makes it easy to squeeze the fruits and produce juice, thus, reducing the amount of manual work needed to juice up the fruits.
- It is made up of superior quality Aluminium. The lightweight product makes it easier for you to carry it wherever you want to go.
- It can juice fruits such as oranges, pomegranate, limes, sweet lime—the best option to satisfy all your cravings for juice.
- The product is designed with a mechanism that makes it very easy to juice up your fruits.
- It is very easy to maintain. You can easily remove off the parts when it needs to be cleaned.
- No negative points observed so far.
5. Blissworld Plastic Manual Citrus Juicer
Less wastage, more juice is what this product provides the users with. Blissworld Plastic Manual Citrus Juicer, 2-piece. The manual Hand Crank juicer is a superior quality juicer that has been added to the list of new arrivals.
- The product is made up of plastic material. The unique design and color of this product add style to your kitchen accessories.
- The capacity of the juicer is 180 mL.
- The parts of this juicer are made in superior quality that it causes the minimum amount of wastage through the pulp.
- Product Dimensions (L x B): 30.48 cm x 12.7 cm
- Since the material is easy to wash, you do not have to be concerned about any health issues. Clean the parts easily.
- The parts are easy to assemble and disassemble, making the cleaning part much easier.
- The portability of this product has been increased due to its lightweight feature.
- It takes a very small space to store hence a good option while traveling.
- Very easy to operate it, which makes it efficient and fast.
- The capacity is less.
6. Black + Decker 1 Ltr Citrus Juicer
Black & Decker BXCJ0101IN 30 W is a juicer stuffed with all possible features for making your drink an easy and refreshing one. It has got a number of additional features along with the mainstream ones too.
- Power consumption of 30 Watt
- The required voltage is 220 to 240 Volts with a frequency of 50 Hz
- A locking system is appended to the juicer
- The material of the product is plastic
- Supplied with a seed collector
- The juice extractor jar capacity is of 1 L
- Weight of the juicer is 1.2 kg
- The clean and easy cord storage facility is provided at the bottom of the juicer
- Contains a transparent bowl with a level indicator
- Two different sized cones are also supplied
- Product has a warranty period of 2 years
- The different cone sizes allow fruits of various shapes to be juiced out.
- An adjustable juice strainer is provided with the juicer for additional convenience.
- The two-way spin of the juicer yields maximum results from the raw materials.
- Warranty of the product is limited to manufacturing defects only.
- It has a domestic warranty for 2 years but no international warranty.
7. Jetking Hand Press Juicer
Jetking Hand Press Juicer is a manual hand-press juicer for citrus fruits, especially for oranges and sweet lime. Its high quality, easy mechanism, and sturdy nature make it a very easy-to-use juicer.
- Product is a hand press juicer with a manual lever
- Juicer weighs 3.98 kg
- Material is of high-quality aluminum
- A juice maker jar is available with the juicer
- The strainer is provided to hold the pulp and seeds
- Falls under the category of professional multi-purpose juicer
- A 2-year warranty is provided for the product
- This product is made in India
- The juicer is easy to maintain and clean as the strainer can be easily taken out.
- A sturdy frame and easy mechanism are applied to this juicer for easier usage.
- The strainer catches the pulp and the seeds leaving behind the juice only to be consumed.
- There is no option for including pulp content to the juice.
8. Taurus Citrus Legend 85-Watt Juicer
One of the newest arrivals in the market that helps you to juice a variety of fruits to satisfy your cravings. Taurus Citrus Legend 85-Watt Juicer (Silver/Black) is considered to be a super-silent citrus fruit juicer because of its silent motors. Let us look at the features of this product.
- A super silent juicer that has a powerful 85w motor. Now complete all your jobs easily.
- The juicer parts are made up of stainless steel. Now you need not have to worry about them getting rusted due to the continuous pouring of citrus juices.
- The anti-drip system prevents the juice from dripping and causing spillage while preparing the juice. this will ensure that your cleaning part is made easy.
- The parts are easy to assemble and disassemble. This makes it easy to clean.
- The transparent dust protection lid helps you to look at the juicing process without letting any kind of dust getting into the juice.
- It comes along with a 3-year warranty.
- No negative points observed so far
9. Havells Citrus Press 30-Watt Juicer
Havells Citrus Press Juicer will provide you with better-juicing efficiency for daily use. Its slender look and black finishing work are also appealing to the eye. Not only it will serve its purpose, but it also looks good on your kitchen table.
- Consumes 30 Watt of power
- Body material is of ABS body
- Liquidizing jar capacity is of 1 liter
- The product weighs 1 kg
- Has 2 interchangeable cones and dust cover
- 2 years of the company warranty period is available
- Along with the liquidizing jar, it also has a liquid extractor jar of 1 liter too.
- The warranty period for 2 years is valid domestically as well as internationally.
- Variable pulp filters are available for preparing your juice accordingly.
- This product has a good rating on online shopping sites like Flipkart and Amazon.
- The warranty period does not cover failure due to accidents, misuse, negligence, or non-observation of local regulations on the part of the user.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you a clean citrus juicer?
After using your juicer, remove all the parts and dip it in the cleaning solution. Now take the brush to remove all the deposits from the parts and wash it in the running water so that the excess cleaning solution gets removed from it. Take a dry cloth and wipe off the parts gently.
Now re-assemble the parts. If any of the parts have a coating of a mineral deposit, use a cleaning solution of one part of water to one part of vinegar.
2. Is citrus juicer dishwasher safe?
Most of the citrus juicers available in the market nowadays are dishwasher safe making your cleaning part easier.
3. How to maintain an electric citrus juicer?
The most important thing to keep in mind is to clean the juicer every time after you use it. This will ensure that your product remains maintained for years.
Use a cleaning solution to clean after juicing fruits and vegetables. If your juicer has any metal part, use a cleaning solution of one part water to one part vinegar. This will remove all the deposits and pulps from the juicer.
4. Electric vs. Manual which is better for citrus juicing?
Since the market is flooded with a variety of juicers, you have the freedom to choose according to your wish. If you are concerned with the consumption of electricity, it is better to go for manual juicers.
But the disadvantage is when you want to juice a large capacity of juices. This will take a lot of manual efforts and is a cumbersome job.
Citrus juicers serve their purpose of juicing citrus fruits perfectly. Including a citrus fruit juice in your daily diet comes with multiple benefits undoubtedly.
For that, you will either need artificially manufactured packaged juices that are not very healthy for regular consumption or a juicer that will juice out the fruits and serve you 100% fresh and nutritious juices.
Also, buying cans of juices regularly rather than preparing it at home will cost you more. Hence, the clearer, smarter, and healthier option is to invest in a citrus juicer for your everyday juices.