When you want to have a healthy body, exercising is not enough. Yes, you could lose weight by doing workouts but having proper meals is equally necessary.
Even if you don’t plan on losing weight, you should still incorporate a healthy diet every day to lead a better life.
Eating nutritious food will also leave you feeling happy and content as they are great for organs. If you are confused about where to start from, here is your answer – fruit and vegetable juice.
A good juicer is all you need to get fresh juice every morning. Today’s juicers are equipped with the latest technology to make the whole process hassle-free for you.
Top 5 Juicers in India
Benefits of Juicing
Fruits and vegetables contain the right amount of vitamins and minerals, and having their juices introduces essential nutrients inside our body to boost our health.
Juices are great for improving the immune system. They contain anti-inflammatory compounds that are an excellent source for making you feel energetic.
Juices help to remove the harmful toxins from your body.
They introduce healthy enzymes into your body that improves the gut and makes it more efficient. This would also help you improve your digestive system.
Drinking healthy juices in the right amount also helps you lose weight.
Benefits of having a juicer at home
It is an economically feasible option
Consuming fruits and vegetable and making their juices provides essential nutrients to the body.
It is not feasible for you to depend on juice vendors and packed juices from the market. When you have a juicer, you can easily get fresh juice anytime.
Fruit juices made at home are 100% safe
While buying fresh fruit juice, you are not sure about the number of preventive methods taken to make sure the juice is 100% clean. Thus, to prevent any health hazards, you should always prefer juicing at home.
No Added Preservatives like Packed juice
Packed fruit juice that you buy from the market comes with added preservatives and loads of sugar that help the juice to last longer. But this is not good for your health.
Keeps you Hydrated
Consuming fruit juice keeps you hydrated and provides you with vital energy, especially during the summer season.
It saves you Time and Money
Buying a fruit juicer is a one-time investment, and you can enjoy tasty juice at home without wasting time to go outside and buy it.
Fresh fruit juice that you buy from the local vendors is costlier than the one you prepare at home itself.
Types of Juicers
You have a single auger or gear to extract the juice from fruits and vegetables in the ordinary juicers.
In triturating juicers, there are two gears. This makes the mechanism easier and efficient because of its slow and steady juicing method.
The motors of these juicers work very slowly and hence; they are a bit more expensive than the other ones because the motor is huge and heavy-duty.
In terms of material build-up, these juicers have the upper hand. They are more durable as they are made up of stainless steel parts.
Centrifugal juicers are the most common juicers, which works in a fast spinning motion and extract juices from fruits and vegetables.
Through a mesh filter, the juice and pulp are separated into different containers. It juices pretty fast and suitable for those who can’t spare much time.
It is also great for hard vegetables. However, it rapidly oxidizes the juice due to fast-spinning blades, which produces heat and destroys nutrients. A bonus point about these juicers is they are simple to clean.
Masticating or Slow Juicers
Slow juicers work at low RPM ( 80 to 100 ), leading to very little oxidation as it will not suck much air in. These juicers first crush and then press fruits and vegetables to get high juice yield.
Slow juicers work great with leafy green vegetables as it will retain most of the nutrients. Also, due to less oxidation, you can store the juice for a longer time and it retains most of the nutrients. As compared to centrifugal juicers, slow juicers are quieter.
Juicer Buyers guide
It is always good to buy a durable product that lasts longer and would not cause many dents to your wallet.
The materials used for making the product should be of good quality and BPA-free.
Buying a noiseless product is a boon. It is always a good option, especially when you have guests at home. Slow juicers are the best option if you are looking for noise-free operation.
Juicers that come with attachments such as smoothie-maker and strainers, makes your work easier is always a much better option.
The product you buy from the market may have manufacturing defects. In such cases, it should have a warranty so that you could get it replaced.
The juicer must have anti-slip feet, ensuring that it does not move or does not slip off the platform while working, creating a mess.
The blades must be super sharp, which can cut through the vegetables and fruits, giving you healthy juice within minutes.
The juice consistency is based on your preferences. The blades should not only be sharp but also resistant to corrosion and rust.
Easy to clean
The juicer that you wish to purchase should be easy to clean. this is important to consider because if it is tiring to clean, then there are chances that you would not use it often.
This screen helps in removing the pulp from the juices. The anti-pulp screen is especially useful for those who do not like pulp or fiber in their juices.
Easy to use
There are many types of juicers available in the market and all have different features. Ease of use depends on the features of the juicers. We recommend you consider buying one that is simple to use so that it can be used by anyone at home.
Multiple speed setting
It should have an adjustable setting according to your requirement depending on the consistency of juice you want grainy, runny, thick, or liquid.
The container should have a safety lock and an anti-drip feature. The safety lock will not drip the juice out of the juicer.
The juicer should have sufficient capacity to make a few glasses of juices at a time. The capacity is necessary as it consumes less time if it can serve more glasses at a time.
1. Panasonic MJ-L500 Cold Press Slow Juicer
Panasonic has been around for a long time, serving its customers with a wide range of electronic appliances to make daily routine easier. One such amazing product is this cold press slow juicer.
With its 45 RPM, you will get juice within a short time to kick start your day.
- This is a cold-pressed juicer that consumes 150 watts power.
- The juicer comes with a frozen attachment, juice cup, and a pulp cup for making juices and sorbets.
- It works on two consecutive cycles of 15 min ON and then 30 min OFF.
- The juicer works at low temperature for natural juicing, which results in less oxidation thus retaining most of its nutrients.
- It can be used for soft as well as hard fruits for juicing.
- Slow juicing helps retain enzymes, vitamins, and minerals of the fruits and vegetables.
- Its 150 watts induction motors emit low noise to enjoy the process.
- The juicer can be used for hard vegetables, green vegetables, fruits, frozen desserts, and even nuts and grains.
- Cleaning the juicer is a bit time consuming
2. Havells Nutrisense Slow Juicer
The best way to fill your body with nutrients is by consuming fruits, and there is no better way than drinking a glass of freshly made juice.
For this, you can consider investing in this Havells Nutrisense Slow Juicer 150W because of all the great features.
- This Havells juicer rotates at a speed of just 47 revolutions per minute. Its Slow Squeeze Technology uses an auger to squeeze out the fruit, instead of shredding the fruits and vegetables with blades.
- It comes with a continuous extract system that can continuously extract the juice for about 20 minutes.
- It has a 3-speed setting which allows you to set it according to your requirements.
- The strainers are made up of BPA-free material to ensure safety.
- The juicer works at 150-watt power, which helps in juicing within minutes.
- This juicer’s body is made up of stainless steel, and the plastic part is made up of ABS material. The design of this product adds elegance to your kitchen interiors.
- This juicer’s natural motion preserves the maximum ingredients of fruits and vegetables, which makes this product a perfect choice for your health.
- It works with a near-silent DC motor which produces a minimum amount of noise, less than 60dB.
- The unit is elementary to assemble, which makes it very easy to clean.
- The magnetic safety lock prevents the juicer from moving while it is functional.
- To look at the settings, you can easily depend on the Blue LED display. The electronic touch control lets you manage the working.
- It also has some attachments such as Tritan material smoothie-maker attachment, which lets you make yummy smoothies.
- It can make citrus fruit juices a little bitter.
3. Philips HR1832/00 400 W Juicer
Philips has established its market in India and gained a lot of popularity because of its high-quality products.
This juicer is no exception as it makes juices and thick shakes within minutes. This juicer is also easy to clean.
- Power required by this juicer is 220 – 240
- It comes with a locking system, which avoids drips.
- It is made from (ABS) plastic material.
- Non-slip feet for better grip
- Juice Extractor jar capacity is 0.5 L.
- It weighs -3 kg
- Other Features-PP Plastic Jug, Material Pulp Container, and Pusher: ABS, SAN, Integrated Cord Storage, One Optimized Speed, 55 mm Feeding Tube
- It is compact and does not take much space.
- It comes along with a juice jug to carry the extracted juice.
- It also has a quickly polished sieve.
- It has easy to dispose of transparent pulp container.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It does not remove seeds while juicing.
4. GLEN Kitchen Cold Press Slow Juicer
Glen has entered the kitchen appliance market with a great range of products. One such appliance is this cold-pressed juicer that has outstanding technology and necessary nozzles.
It does not replenish the nutrients rather retains the vitamins in the juice. Cold-pressed juicers have taken over the world for all the benefits it has to offer and with glen GL – 4018, you will able to get fresh juice hassle-free.
- It is a cold press slow juicer that has a 250-watt powerful motor
- It weighs 15 kg 700 grams making it highly durable
- It is made from BPA-Free material for your safety
- The juicer comes with 2meshes for different food
- Its 34 RPM allows you to juice multiple things
- It does not separate water and pulp.
- The juicer has a wide mouth that allows you to feed in an apple directly
- It has eco-friendly cups which are made of Tritan.
- The juicing cup has 500ml capacity to store the juice.
- It makes less noise, as much as a hairdryer while operating.
- You can use the juicer to make purees, soups, chutneys and smoothies.
- It is expensive
5. Prestige Pcj7.0 500 W Juicer
Prestige is the most trusted and renowned brand when it comes to kitchen appliances.
If you are looking for a centrifugal juicer then PCJ 7.o 500 is to go for.
It has a heavy-duty motor and dual lock system for safety. The modern urbane design has a detachable cord that can be removed when the juicer is not operating, saving you space and time.
- It is a centrifugal juicer with a 500W motor that needs 230V.
- The products have a safety lock mechanism and will not work unless locked properly.
- It comes with large capacity and extra-wide mouth for easy juicing.
- It has advanced design sieve and the anti-drip feature to stop and wastage.
- The juicer weighs 2kg 730g which allows you to move it around easily
- It has an advanced design that will lift your kitchen’s look.
- It has anti-skid vacuum feet for better grip.
- It has super sharp blades that can cut through hard vegetables and spices as well.
- You can detach the cord once it is not in use for smart storage.
- A little complicated to use
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should you clean the juicer?
It is advisable to clean your juicers after every use. The residue of fruits and vegetables after juicing can be harmful to health, if not cleaned properly after use. So, disassemble all the parts after juicing and wash them in warm water.
2. Is a masticating juicer better?
A centrifugal juicer works by slicing the food item to extract juices from it whereas the masticating juicer grinds them. This will not leave behind more amount of waste and produce better output.
3. Are slow juicers better?
Slow juicers spin at low speed; thus, the amount of heat produced during the operation is less. Due to less amount of heat, the juice does not get oxidized and thus retains most of the nutrients.
Juices made using slow juicers are a better option as they contain more fibre and nutrients, making them more wholesome and healthy.
When you invest in a good juicer, you invest in a healthier diet for you and your family. Fruit juices are loved by all whether it’s kids, elder, or fitness enthusiastic.
A great quality juicer can work fora long time and provide you with fresh juice every morning. To help you pick the right one, here are our top picks when it comes to juices Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer, Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer and Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre 500-Watt Juicer.
The article also mentions benefits and buyers guide that you must go through before making the final decision to get the best juicer that will meet all your needs.