We all have that new year resolution to go to the gym and start eating healthy and have that ideal body, but we often give in to the hustle and don’t get along with our resolution.
To enjoy a healthy lifestyle, this juicer may act as one step closer to your healthy routine. You can prepare green smoothies and healthy juices.
In this hurried life, we often skip eating fruits and vegetables, that is about to change now with the juicer, you can make healthy smoothies from the juicer and drink it on the way to work.
Top 6 juicers available in Market
Benefits of Juicing
- Fruits and vegetables contain the right amount of vitamins and minerals, and having their juices introduces essential nutrients inside our body to boost our health and diet.
- Juices are an excellent source for improving the immune system. They contain anti-inflammatory compounds that are an excellent source for making you feel energetic.
- Juices help to remove the harmful toxins from your body.
- They introduce healthy enzymes into your body that improves the gut and makes it more efficient. This would also help you improve the digestion.
- Drinking healthy juices in the right amount also helps you to lose weight.
Benefits of having a juicer at home
It is an economically feasible option for users.
Consuming fruits and making fruits and vegetable juices provides essential nutrients to the body. It is not feasible that you have to depend on juice vendors and packed juices from the market. When you have a juicer, you can easily crave your needs for juice which would be economically feasible.
Fruit juices made at home are 100% safe.
While buying fresh fruit juice, you are not sure about the number of preventive methods taken to make sure the juice is 100% clean, to prevent any health hazards, you should always prefer juicing at home.
No Added Preservatives like Packed juice.
Packed fruit juice which you buy from the market has added preservatives which helps the juice to last longer, which is not at all good for your health.
Keeps you Hydrated
Consuming fruit juice keeps you hydrated and provides you with vital energy, especially during the summer season.
It saves you Time and Money
Buying a fruit juice is a one-time investment, and you can enjoy tasty juice at home itself without wasting time to go outside and buy it. Fresh fruit juice that you buy would be costlier than the one you prepare at home itself.
Types of Juicers
In the ordinary juicers, you have a single auger or gear to extract the juice from fruits and vegetables. In triturating juicers, you have two gears. This makes the mechanism more easy and efficient because of its slow and steady juicing method. The motors of this juicers work very slowly and hence; they are a bit more expensive than the other ones because the motor should be huge and heavy-duty.
In terms of material build-up, these juicers have the upper hand. They are more durable as they are made up of stainless steel parts.
Centrifugal juicers are the most common type of juicers which works in a fast spinning motion and extract juices from fruits and vegetables. Through mesh filter, the juice and pulp are separated in different containers. It juices pretty fast and suitable for those who can’t spare much time.
It is also great for hard vegetables. However, it oxidizes the juice pretty fast due to fast-spinning blades, which produces heat and destroy nutrients. Bonus point about these juicers is they are straightforward to clean.
Masticating or Slow Juicers
Slow juicers work at low RPM ( 80 to 100 ) which will lead to very little oxidation as it will not suck much air in. These juicers first crush and then press fruits and vegetables to get high juice yield.
Slow juicers work great with leafy green vegetables as it will retain most of the nutrients. Also, due to less oxidation, you can store the juice for a longer time. As compared to centrifugal juicer slow juicers are quieter.
Juicer Buyers guide
It is always feasible that you should buy a durable product which lasts longer and would not cause many dents to your wallet. The materials used for making the product should be of good quality and made up of BPA-free materials.
Buying a noiseless product is a boon. It is always a good option, especially when you have guests at home, and you need to prepare something for them.
Juicers that come along with attachments such as Smoothie-maker and strainers, which makes your work easier is always a much better option.
The motors of juicers should be of good quality so that they do not produce sound while operating, which is a disturbance for users.
It is possible that the product you buy from the market may have manufacturing defects. In such cases, it should have a warranty so that you could get it replaced.
The juicer must have anti-slip feet, which ensure that the juicer does not move while working or does not slip off the platform, creating a mess. This feature helps the juicer to stay in place and does not create any movement while operating.
The blades must be super sharp, which can cut through the vegetables and fruits which should give you healthy juice and those luscious green juices. The juice consistency is based on your preferences. The blades should be super sharp and resistant to corrosion and rust.
Easy to clean
There are many juicers available, but not all of them are same. Not all juicers have the same features. The features that you want in the juicer depends on your requirements, but one most important thing that you should consider is that the juicer is simple to clean. If the juicer takes a lot of time in cleaning, then there are chances that you may skip the making juice when you are in a hurry.
This screen helps in removing the pulp from the juices. All may not like the pulp of the juice.
Easy to use
These days all the appliances are very complicated to use. You do not need another such complicated machine in your kitchen. It should be easy to use and maintain as it is just a juicer, not any rocket science. Using the juicer shouldn’t be complicated.
Multiple speed setting
It should have adjustable setting according to your requirement as to what kind of juice you want grainy, runny, thick or liquid. This setting helps in determining the consistency of your juices.
The container should have a safety lock and an anti-drip feature. It should not spill the juices out from the container. The safety lock will avoid spillage.
The juicer should have sufficient capacity to make a few glasses of juices at a time. The capacity is necessary as it consumes less time if it can serve more glasses at a time.
1. INALSA Juicer Mixer Grinder
A part of the ‘Taurus’ company from Europe is this kitchen appliance company called ‘Inalsa’ which is a 50-year old diversified company. INALSA Juicer Mixer Grinder MIX N BLEND -550W is a highly efficient juicing option for users. It comes with two additional jars and a chutney jar to meet all your kitchen needs. With a 3-speed control setting, you can adjust the speed. Let us look at all the features of this product.
- This juicer allows you to effortlessly extract the juices from fruits and vegetables and also will enable you to prepare nutritious smoothies and shakes.
- It is equipped with a powerful 550W motor that efficiently grinds all your food items. It works with high-torque that gives an efficient, high-performance grinding.
- The blades are designed in such a way that grinds everything perfectly. The Blades are durable as they are made up of stainless steel material.
- It has a 3-speed setting, so you can adjust it according to your wish.
- The motor rating is 30-min. Five minutes on and 2 minutes off. It can work for six cycles.
- The couplers are made up of high-grade Nylon along with sturdy metal inserts that ensures durable performance without much wear and tear.
- To prevent oil leakages during the operation, it comes with concealed brushes.
- It is effortless to clean and maintain it. All the parts are easily washable, thus, making the cleaning hassle-free.
- It comes with two jars along with it, and each of them has a PP lid that ensures the content inside it does not get spilled. For wet and dry use, it has a 0.8mL chutney jar.
- The juicer mesh has sharp, big teeth which are made up of stainless steel that ensures maximum juice extraction.
- It comes with an anti-skid foot that prevents movement while juicing.
- It has an overload protection
- No cons were observed.
2. Havells Nutrisense Slow Juicer
The best way to fill your body with nutrients is by consuming fruits, and there is no better way than drinking a glass of freshly made juice. The best option for you is to have a juicer at home, and there is no better option than the Havells Nutrisense Slow Juicer 150W because of all the great features.
- This Havells juicer rotates at the speed of just 47 revolutions per minute. Its Slow Squeeze Technology uses an auger to squeeze out the fruit as the same way you squeeze an orange, instead of shredding the fruits and vegetables with blades.
- It comes with a continuous extract system which can keep on extracting juice for about 20 minutes continuously.
- It has a 3-speed setting which allows you to set it according to your requirements.
- The strainers are made up of BPA-free material to ensure safety for your health.
- The juicer works at 150-watt power.
- The body of this product is made up of stainless steel, and the plastic part is made up of ABS material. The design and look of this product add elegance to your kitchen interiors.
- The Natural motion of this juicer preserves the maximum ingredients of fruits and vegetable, which makes this product, a perfect choice for your health.
- It works with a near-silent DC motor which produces a minimum amount of noise, less than 60dB.
- The unit is very easy to assemble, which makes it very easy to clean.
- The magnetic safety lock prevents the juicer from moving while it is functional.
- To look at the settings, you can easily depend on the Blue LED display. The electronic touch control lets you manage the working.
- It also has some attachments such as Tritan Smoothie-maker attachment.
- It is useful for greens and not for citrus juices and beetroots.
3. Philips HR1832/00 400 W Juicer
Philips has established its market in India and gained a lot of popularity because of its high-quality products. This juicer is no exception; it makes juices and thick shakes as well as it is easy to clean. This is must buy for your kitchen it might make your work in the kitchen a lot less and help you make a healthy choice.
- Sales Package-Juicer, Manual
- Power Required-220 – 240
- Locking System-Yes
- Material-Plastic (ABS)
- Non-slip Feet-Yes
- Juice Extractor Jar Capacity-0.5 L
- Weight-3 kg
- Other Features-PP Plastic Jug, Material Pulp Container, and Pusher: ABS, SAN, Integrated Cord Storage, One Optimized Speed, 55 mm Feeding Tube
- It is compact and does not take much space
- It is simple to clean
- It is uncomplicated to use
- It has a locking system
- It comes with a pusher and container also a feeding tube
- It comes with an integrated tap
- It comes along with juice jug
- It also has a quickly polished sieve
- It has easy to dispose of transparent pulp container
- It has a drip-stop feature
- It is dishwasher safe
- It does not remove seeds while juicing
4. USHA CPJ362F 240 W Juicer
Usha has a variety of products; it has brought change in Indian kitchenware and has been one of the most recognized brands. This juicer is no exception from its other products. It is stylish looking and does not consume much space as well as is quite affordable as well as a durable product.
- Sales Package-1 SLOW JUICER 2 COLLECTOR BOWL AND 1 MESH
- Versatility: Juice it all – Hard Vegetables, Green Vegetables, Nuts & Grains, Fruits, Frozen Desserts.
- Cold Press Juicer extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits and vegetables. Extracts far more juice than normal Juicer
- Retains Nutrition, enzymes, vitamin, and minerals due to the unique cold-pressed mechanism with low temperature juicing for healthy and natural Juicing
- It can crush hard vegetables easily
- It is durable
- It is sleek and stylish
- It is simple to operate
- It is easy to clean
- It retains the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables
- It comes with 2jars
- It consumes less space
- It is affordable
- It is from a trusted brand
- It has a feeding tube
- It also comes with different filters
- It is a cold press juicer
- Smoothies may not come through strainers properly
- Crushes seed of citrus fruits while juicing
5. GLEN Kitchen Cold Press Slow Juicer
Glen has entered the market in a juicer range which has really good technology and necessary nozzles. It does not replenish the nutrients rather retains the vitamins and removes juice from the fruits and vegetables without any hassle.
- Sales Package-Slow Juicer The Original
- Material-BPA-Free material
- Juicer Type-Cold Press Slow Juicer
- It does not separate water and pulp
- It is reasonably priced
- It is simple to use
- It is durable
- It is easy to clean
- It has 2meshes available for different food
- It has eco-friendly cups which are made of Tristan
- It is a cold-pressed juicer
- It has a BPA free material
- The chord used might be short if the power is far
6. Prestige Pcj7.0 500 W Juicer
Prestige is the most trusted and renowned brand. It has the modern urbane design having a detachable chord which can be removed when the juicer is not operating.
- The products have a safety lock mechanism and will not work unless locked properly.
- Large capacity and extra-wide mouth
- Advanced design sieve and the anti-drip feature
- Rotary switch, a dual locking system for safety
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 500 watts
- Sales Package-Juicer, Jar And Warranty Card
- Locking System-Yes
- Juicer Type-centrifugal juicer
- Weight-500 g
- It has a safety lock mechanism
- It has an advanced design
- It has a dual locking system
- It is from a renowned brand
- It does not take up much space
- It comes along with juicer container, jar and warranty card
- It has an anti-drip feature
- It is simple to maintain and clean
- It has anti-skid vacuum feet
- It has super sharp blades
- It has a detachable chord feature
- It is the least expensive
- Complicated to use
- Durability is a question
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should you clean the juicer?
It is advisable to clean your juicers after every use. The collection of fruits and vegetable residue after juicing them can be harmful to health, if not cleaned properly after use. So, on a safer side, disassemble all the parts after juicing and wash them in hot water.
2. Which brand is best for a juicer?
Breville is considered to be one of the best brands for juicers due to the efficient output their products produce.
3. Is a masticating juicer better?
A centrifugal juicer works by slicing the food item to extract juices from it whereas the masticating juicer grinds them. This will not leave behind more amount of waste and produce better outputs.
4. Are slow juicers really better?
Slow juicers spin in low speed; thus, the amount of heat produced during the operation is less. Due to less amount of heat, the juice does not get oxidized easily. Juices made using slow juicers are a better option as they contain more amount of fiber and nutrients, making it more wholesome and healthy.
INALSA Juicer Mixer Grinder a highly recommended juicer. It has all the modern features which give you pulp-free juices. It makes juices quickly and with less hassle.
This might help you in getting on with your resolution of healthy eating by making your green smoothie and other healthy juices. These juicers are all preferred by the people and are from a highly renowned brand. You can invest in any one of it according to your choice and requirement.
This might help you to increase the intake of fruits, which has fibers and all the necessary enzymes which are present in fruits. You cannot just have fruit juices, but some juicers will even help you make vegetable juices.