Best Cycles for Girls
Kids love bicycles, and it is only appropriate for them to learn how to ride a bike at this very tender age. It is difficult for people to learn how to ride a bicycle when they have grown up as most of them ended up not knowing how to cycle their whole life.
Looking for the right cycle for a girl child can be difficult. There are so many brands of cycles for kids, and every brand comes with so many features that it becomes difficult to make a choice. One of the reasons for the difficulty is finding the correct size of the cycle your kids will fit in properly.
As finding the right sized and best quality product become a difficult task, we have created a brief guide by checking most of the things that are required while choosing the best cycle for girls.
In this article, we will go through the difference between a girl and boy bicycle, things to consider while buying a cycle for your girl child, how to extend the life of the cycle, frequently asked questions by the parents and of course the top 8 best bicycle for girls available in the market.
Top 8 Best Cycles for Girls
Safe and Colorful Cycle
Perfect Cycle for Your Baby Girl
A cycle with perfect Looks
Best Cycle for Girls
Rigid and Stylish Bike
Strong Cycle for Older Girls
Best Cycle for Girl Kids
Is There A Difference Between a Girl’s Bicycle and Bicycle for Boys?
Of course, there are slight differences, and that’s why you see some cycle designed for girls and cycle for boys. Boys and girls do not have the same physiology in the body as the girl’s cycle will be adjusted to fit the girl’s. On the other hand, we may have some properties in the cycle that will make it more feminine.
As we look further on this topic, we are going to show you the features that fit girls and those that are meant for boys.
Guide to Prolong Lifespan of the Cycle
Kids will always be kids, and they love playing around a lot. You do not want to spend more money buying a new cycle now and then, especially when you spend a huge amount on the present one.
Supervision is one way of getting to look after your kids as well as ensure that the bicycle is used properly and not damage along with ease the ladies cycle online shopping. Although the safety of the kids is the priority, providing that the cycle is in good condition always is another concern.
You cannot supervise the kids, especially when they are older every time they are on their bicycle and play around. So we are going to list our ways in which you can take care of the bicycle to ensure its longevity.
Buy the Appropriate Bicycle
It is important to check the weight that the cycle can handle in connection to the weight of the baby girl. With the accurate weight that the cycle can handle, it will last longer as it will not be put through undue stress.
Clean the Bicycle Regularly
One of the easiest ways parents or caregivers can use in keeping a kid’s bicycle in good condition is to clean it regularly, especially after every use. The bicycle would have gone through mud, water, and dirt that would have stained the bicycle.
Such kinds of dirt and mud, if left unattended to will deface the materials and reduce their quality. Cleaning can prolong the lifespan of the bicycle as it improves the quality of the product.
Don’t Misuse the Cycle
Every bicycle has its particular weight it can carry and also the age range of kids. One way of maintaining your bicycle and makes it last longer is not to misuse it.
Always check the age and weight requirements and make sure that it falls within the category of your kid. When you make use of lesser grade, you may result in damaging the bicycle or hurting your kids.
Follows Instructional Manual
Some manufacturers provide an instructional manual for bicycles to ensure the comfortable and safe use of the bicycle. You should ensure to follow the instructions provided to the latest to keep the cycle in good working order.
Fix Loosed Parts Promptly
Another way to keep your bicycle in good working order is to fix up loosed part as soon as possible. Any loose part that is discovered should be tightened up to prevent the parts from falling out or causing accidents.
Always have screwdrivers and other maintenance instruments available so you can easily screw and fixed any loose screw or parts that may be falling off before it causes further damage to the bicycle.
The bicycle is made up of moving parts that need to be oiled up regularly. You should take your kid’s bicycle for regular maintenance to keep them in good working condition. Gets the moving parts oiled up and check for fault and then you take it for maintenance with your mechanic.
These activities will keep the bicycle in good working condition at all time. It will further expand the lifestyle of the bike with proper maintenance.
Using the Right Cycle
There are different cycles for different ages and sizes of kids. And it is only appropriate that you ensure to use the right cycle for your kids. Kids scooter is suitable for the kids below the age of five
When making use of a smaller bicycle for an older or bigger kid, you will only end up breaking and damaging the cycle. And if you use a bigger cycle for a younger or smaller kid, you are making it unsafe for the kid, and the kid may end up injured or involved in an accident.
So it is important to make use of the right cycle for the kids and avoid damages and the kids hurting themselves.
One of the best ways to ensure that the cycle is in good condition is to carry out regular checkups. Check for loose parts and any kind of damaged parts and fixed them up to prevent further damages.
You can carry out a physical checkup and fix anything you can or take it to an expert to get it fixed. This is a good maintenance policy and will ensure that the kid’s cycle remains in good condition at all times.
Parts of Cycle
Before buying a product, we should have a perfect idea about what all it consists of and how all it works, the different parts, and it’s mechanism. The number of components in a cycle depends upon various brands and their product. Let us have a look at all the parts of a cycle:
- Pedal: A part that is attached to the crank which the cyclist uses to rotates to increase the bicycle’s power.
- Toe Clip: A device that is attached to the pedals used for covering the front part of your feet. It keeps your feet in the proper position and increases the pedaling power.
- Front derailleur: It is a mechanism that changes the front gear by lifting the chains from one of the chain wheels to another.
- Drive Chain: Metal links joined together with the sprockets on the chain wheel and gear wheel. It is used for transmitting the pedaling motion to the rear wheel.
- Chain Stay: It is a tube that connects the pedal mechanism to the rear-wheel hub.
- Rear derailleur: It is a mechanism that changes the rear gear by lifting the chains from one of the chain wheels to another.
- Reflector: It is a device which returns light towards the source so that they know that the cyclist is approaching.
- Mud-guard: A fiber/metal part covering the rear-wheel which prevents dirt from getting splashed on to the cyclist.
- Rear Light: It is used to signal the cyclist’s presence in the dark.
- Carrier: A part attached to the back part for carrying another person or baggage.
- Rear Brake: It consists of the caliper and returns spring for activating the brake system. It applies the brake to the rear-wheel.
- Seat Stay A tube which connects the top of the seat to the rear-wheel hub.
- Seat Post: A component which attaches the seat and can be adjusted.
- Tyre Pump: Used to compress the air and inflate the cycle’s tube.
- Seat: A triangular part which is attached for seating of the cyclist.
- Down Tube: A tube which connects the pedal mechanism to the seat tube. It is the longest tube in a cycle.
- Spoke: A metal spindle which connects the hub to the rim.
- Tyre: A round rubber structure which is mounted on the rim to cover the inner case of the tube.
- Rim: A circular metal part on which the tube stays.
- Hub: The central part of the wheel from which the spokes radiate to the rim.
- Front Brake: It consists of the caliper and returns spring for activating the brake system. It applies the brake to the front-wheel.
- Brake Lever: Levers which are attached to the handlebars which are used to activate the
- Stem: It supports the handlebars, and its height can be adjusted.
- Brake Cable: It transmits the pressure which the cyclist exerts on the brake lever.
- Shifter: A lever which is used to change the gears.
What to Look for in Buying Cycle for Baby Girl?
You have to consider that the girl can be able to ride the bicycle comfortably or else the purpose will be significantly defeated. The bicycle comes with different features and sizes for different ages and sizes of kids.
Each is made with precise specifications to fit certain children of certain ages. So right now, we are going to guide you on what to look for when choosing the kind of bicycle for your baby girl.
Here is a list of features and guidelines you should follow when buying a bicycle for your girls:
Wheel Size of the Bicycle
The wheel size of the bicycle is used to determine the size of the bike. So you have to consider the wheel size to buy a suitable bicycle that the baby girl can use effectively.
Manufacturers consider the wheel size in line with the age of the baby and their weight. And in so doing certain ages of children which are classified to weight categories will be able to use a particular size of bicycle based on the wheel size of the bicycle.
You can consult a salesperson with the right age and weight category of your girl to be able to get the right bicycle for your girl to use.
Generally, 12-inch wheel bicycle is considered for kid between 2 to 3 years, 14-inch wheel for 3 to 4 years, 15-inch wheel for 4 to 6 years, 20-inch wheel for 5 to 8 years, 24 inches wheel for 8 to 11 years while 24 inches for 11 years and above.
These considerations are made to suit the kids riding the bicycle comfortably. Check for the right size that will fit perfectly for your girl when purchasing a bicycle.
Safe Standing Position on the Bicycle
One has to consider the seat height and the standover height of the bicycle, as this will determine the safe use of the bicycle. The seating height is usually the distance between the ground and the lower part of the saddle.
Considering the seat height is determined by the ability of the kid to ride a cycle. The whole of the feet of the baby should touch the ground if they are still beginners, learning how to ride.
With this, they can hold brake easily and safely. As they become good in the act of riding, they can extend the seat height of the cycle.
You should also check out the standing height, and that is how comfortable the kids can stand on the ground with the bicycle without hurting herself.
These parameters can be determined as you check on the features of the bicycle.
Considering the Weight of Your Kid
The weight of the bicycle is another consideration so as your kids can enjoy riding their bicycle. It’s ideal for the kid’s bicycle to weigh 50% of the kid’s total weight. The weight of the bicycle is important, so the kids can handle the bicycle effectively and enjoy their ride.
The weight of the bicycle will be determined by the frame materials used in making the cycle.
Price of the cycle
The price of the bicycle may not be of much concern as there are different price ranges. However, you should avoid buying a cheap bicycle with low quality. You can always find a good bicycle that is close to your price range or your budget.
One important factor you should take note of is that price is, not the main factor to consider. The price does not determine the quality of the cycle as manufacturers can produce a cycle with required features but cost less than others with lesser features that you require.
Brand of the Cycle
Some cycle brands are more popular than others, and some individuals prefer some brands of bicycle because of their longevity in producing standard products.
The majority will consider a more popular brand to a lesser brand. So the brand of the product is one factor to consider especially with an inferior brand available in the market. Some of these inferior brands make use of substandard materials in their production, and the bicycle may not be durable.
In this cycle for girls review, we are going to introduce trusted brands only so you do not have to worry about the brands of the bicycle.
The brake system of the cycle is another factor to consider in buying a cycle. The brake system has a lot to do with the safety of your kids on the bicycle, especially when they are learning how to ride a cycle.
There are different types of brake systems you can find in the cycle, and some people are more familiar with particular types of brake system than others.
Training wheels are suitable for kids that are still learning how to rides and for kids less than five years for safety.
The training wheels keep them safe as they navigate with the cycle, and it is one consideration you should look for in choosing a cycle. This is one useful safety features that will keep your babies safe from hurting themselves while riding.
The training wheels are located at the back wheels of the cycle that enables the bicycle to stay balance, especially for those not good enough with riding cycle.
1. Speedbird 14-T Double Seat Kid Bicycle – Our Pick
This is one of the easiest to assemble kid’s cycle you will find as it requires just 10% of the assembly. The cycle is colorful and suitable for kids between the ages of 3 and six years.
Enjoy extra comfort with the padded saddle as you move around on the cycle with quality and safe brake system. The wheel of the Cycle is 20 inches and made up of durable steel material.
It is worth the price as you may not buy another bicycle for the next five years if used with care. It has a standing wheel for those kids that have not perfected the art of riding. The bicycle is of top quality and will be a good gift for that little girl to ride and have fun with outdoors.
- Strong and durable.
- Attractive carrier.
- Comfortable handlebar for a soft grip.
- It is not assembled.
- It has a tubeless tire.
- Mig welded steel frame.
- Anti-skid body pedal.
- Rigid suspension system.
- Sky blue in color.
- Mounded Rims.
- Full chain cover.
- It does not come with batteries.
- Easy to assemble since it is delivered almost completely assembled.
- Comfortable to ride on, especially with its padded saddle.
- Suitable for kids between 3 and six years old.
- Made up of quality steel materials and thus it is durable.
- Suitable for those learning how to ride.
- It does not come assembled.
2. R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Jazz Bicycle for Kids – Safe and Colorful Cycle
This is a suitable bicycle that will provide safety for your kids between the ages of 4 to 7 years. The bicycles are very colorful with its colorful design with adjustable backseat to provide comfort for the baby.
The bicycle is an expensive 16 inches wheel and suitable for your older girl child. The quality ensures smooth and steady rides, which provide enjoyable moments for the child. Quality brake system and durable material that will not rust and decay in time. The bicycle came delivered 70% completed, and the customer will have to assemble the other parts easily with its plug and play features.
The bicycle is safe to use for girls that are learning how to ride a bicycle. It has side training wheels to provide balance as the kids learn how to ride a bike.
- Adjustable back seat.
- The color is blue.
- It is easy to install with its plug and play features.
- The cycle frame is rustproof.
- Magnesium alloy structure.
- Side training wheels for protection.
- The height of the Cycle is 16 inches.
- Suitable for 4 to 7 years of age.
- Chain guards available.
- Safe to use for the kids with its side training wheels.
- Smooth rides with its tubeless tire.
- Beautifully and colorful cycle.
- Easy to install with plug and play features.
- Rust Proof thus it is durable.
- No assemblage manual
- Assembling the remaining is difficult.
- The cycle does not come as seen on the picture.
3. Speed Bird Robust 14-T Baby Cycle for Boys & Girls – Perfect Cycle for Your Baby Girl
Speed bird is one of the most popular brands of the baby cycle, and they provide your baby girl with this wonderful cycle. The cycle is suitable for kids between the ages of 3 to 6 years, and it is built to withstand tough condition.
The kids will put this cycle into tough and rough use, and you can rest assured with the tensile strength and durability of the cycle. It has a double seat, and it is beautiful and crafty designed for kids, and they love this cycle.
- The cycle is tough with durability and strength guaranteed.
- It has a double seat and basket in front.
- Steel frame and has a soft grip.
- Safe with anti-skid body pedal.
- Wheel size is 14 inches.
- Single-speed rating.
- Steel frame.
- It has a pink color.
- The strength and durability of the cycle guaranteed.
- Double seated to play along with friend and family.
- It is safe for the use of your baby girl.
- Difficult to assemble and requires the assistance of a technician
- The quality of the cycle could be better
4. Mad Maxx Bikes – A cycle with perfect Looks
MAD MAXX BIKE comes with an all-new product to the market designed for girls between the age of 7-10 years. It has been painted using Matte Finish Black that adds look to your product. The design itself is so good that anyone who sees it would prefer to buy it. Let us look at all the features of this product.
- The bike is designed for kids between the age of 7-10 years.
- It has vibrant colors that add look to the bike. It is painted using the Matte Finish Black.
- The body is made up of steel that makes it durable and last longer. Due to steel material, you need not have to worry about the body getting rusted, which usually happens in a country like India.
- The bike has a fabulous look, and your child will find it a good buy.
- It is resistant to rusting and durable.
- The bike does not come assembled.
5. Avon Sherry 26T – Best Cycle for Girls
Check out one of the best product from Avon, a top manufacturer of kid’s cycle. This Avon Sherry kid’s cycle is suitable and safe to use for kids between the ages of 7 to 10years.
Colorful with its pink color and it has a 26 inches wheel and provides safe and smooth rides for your kids. Solid caliper brake system and specially design to keep your kids fit and strong as they play and exercise with this cycle.
You kids can use the solid carrier in front to carry their loads and move around comfortably. And the cycle is made up of top quality material, which makes it one of the best and most durable products.
- 18 inches frame.
- Frame material made of steel.
- Front carrier basket for storage.
- It is designed for kids between ages of seven years and older.
- It comes with a 26 inches wheel.
- Durable materials.
- Single-speed rating.
- Plastic dress guard.
- No battery included.
- The cycle is affordable with its great quality.
- Made up of durable materials so the cycle will last longer.
- Safety kid’s cycle with a solid caliper brake system.
- Comfort for your kids as they ride.
- It comes fully assembled.
- It’s a good value for your money.
- The seat quality should be improved
- Not suitable for learners.
- Not suitable for younger kids above four years.
6. Vaux Angel 20″ Kids Cycle for Girls – Rigid and Stylish Bike
Check out this rigid and trendy bicycle for girls from the stable of Vaux. This bicycle will provide comfortable rides for your baby girl less than eight years of age.
This 20-inch wheel bicycle comes in three colors, pink, black, and purple. Good brake system for safety purpose and has a steel basket in front of the Cycle for storage. The bicycle is suitable for baby size with 3 to 4 years, and it comes pre-arranged with instructions and ready tools to fix them up. It does not come with gear, and it is a simple speed system.
- Argon welded steel frame.
- It comes in pink, black, and purple color.
- The cycle comes in Black color steel basket in front.
- It has a rear carrier.
- The cycle has just a single-speed system with no brakes.
- It comes with assembly tools.
- It has a net weight of 13.3 kg.
- Suitable for girls 120cm to 130cm in height.
- It has an adjustable saddle
- Comfortable for your baby girl to ride on safely.
- She can carry her stuff as she loads them in the front basket.
- Easy to use, especially for kids learning how to ride a bicycle.
- Easy to assemble.
- Colorful and beautiful.
- It is made up of durable materials.
- The bicycle is expensive.
- It is too small and not suitable for kids above eight years.
7. Hero Fashion 24T Single Speed Cycle – Strong Cycle for Older Girls
Hero girl provides one of the sturdiest and trendy cycles for girls with this attractive cycle. The hero cycle for kids can come in various sizes, and it will be comfortable for girls of age older than ten years old.
Enjoy your time riding this cycle with quality net basket provided in front of the Cycle for storage. Solid brake system to keep the rider safe and it is perfect for those that know how to ride a bicycle.
The product is delivered semi-assembled, and you have to join the dismantle parts to be able to use the cycle — solid brake systems and good saddle to provide comfortable rides and suitable for long-distance rides.
- It has a caliper brake type.
- Rigid suspension system.
- It comes with PVC top saddle for a comfortable ride.
- Delivered semi-assembled.
- Comfortable handle made up of soft synthetic materials.
- Seat tube available.
- No training wheel but has a carrier.
- Steel frame.
- Safe and comfortable rides with a saddle seat.
- Suitable for older girls.
- Can ride long distances comfortably.
- Solid brake system.
- Value for money.
- It is not easy to assemble the parts without the manual
8. BSA Lady Bird Shine – Best Cycle for Girl Kids
Take your cycle riding experience to another level with this lady cycle for a joyous road ride. The BSA kids cycle comes completely pre-assembled, and you have to unpack and start riding.
Beautifully designed with purple color and comes with a basket in the front. The cycle is made up of steel material with a solid caliper brake system. The wheel size is 26 inches and suitable for girls above 150cm.
It operates on a single-speed system with rigid suspension for a smooth ride experience. This BSA ladies cycle is worth the price, and you do not have to worry about getting a new cycle for a long time because it is durable.
- Steel frame.
- The frame height is 19 inches
- The wheel size is 26 inches.
- Caliper brake type.
- Front basket and dress guard.
- Single-speed system.
- Rigid suspension.
- It comes with a PVC lever along with the caliper brake.
- Steel material for durability.
- It comes delivered completely assembled.
- Solid brake system.
- Completely worth the money with its trendy look and quality material.
- Suitable for girls 5 feet and above.
- Enjoyable riding experience.
- It is expensive.
- For people with more experience in cycling.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know the best cycle for a girl at a particular age?
You can be able to buy the perfect cycle for a girl by her age and size using the wheel size of the cycle. The wheel size will determine the age of the girl or size of the girl that can use the cycle, and we have the range of the wheel size from 16 inches to 24 inches.
The lower wheel sizes such as the 6 inches wheels are suitable for kids between the ages of 3 to 6 years while the ones with higher wheel sizes are for older kids and kids with bigger body sizes.
2. What is the difference between the cycle for girls and the cycle for boys?
There are notable differences between the cycle for girls and that for boys, especially in their structure. You may not notice the difference at an easy glance, but there are some differences because the body structure for boys and girls are different.
The cycle is designed with a slanting tube bar for women so they can easily mount the bike and stand comfortably on the bicycle. Also, the handlebar and the saddle of the cycle are different from boys and girls so they can ride comfortably.
These features are designed to take into account the physiology of the girls in making the ride comfortable for the girls.
3. Is there any support to be used for kids that are learning how to cycle?
Yes, there is, and you can use a standing wheel attached to the back wheel of the cycle. This will provide support to the kids and prevent them from falling off the road as they learn how to ride.
In some cycles, the standing wheel can be attached and removed at the wheel when the kids had mastered the art of cycling.
4. What size of cycle do I use?
It is common for most cycle size charts to determine if the cycle will be suitable for you using the standing height and compare it with the chart. Here the inseam height comes into use, and 1 or 2 inches is added to provide more comfort as you compare it on the chart.
Using the chart, along with this measurement, will provide you with the accurate cycle size for your use.
5. What size is the 26 inches bicycle suitable for in girls?
The 26 inches wheel is suitable for bigger girls between 5.5 and 5,9 inches or 168 to 178cm. They will ride comfortably on this size of the cycle, and girls with lesser height will find it difficult in using these cycles.
6. Do my kids needs the basket in the front of the cycle?
This is found in most of the kid’s cycle, and it is used for storage which ensures fun ride for the kids. Your kids can store their water bottle and other stuff so they can ride comfortably with their items store perfectly.
They can store their bags when they go to school and also when they run errands or their toys when they go out to visit friends.
7. Is it Safe to get a cycle for my three years old girl?
You can find a suitable cycle size for your three years old girl, and you can add standing wheels on the cycle if the girl child does not know how to ride yet. Usually, there are cycles available for girls three years old and above, and the manufacturer takes regards in the making kid’s cycle at this age.
8. How hard is it to assemble cycle?
It is not as difficult as you might imagine – especially if it is delivered almost assembled with instructions on how to complete the assemblage of the cycle. There are some cases when the cycles are delivered completely assembled, and you have to unpack and put it to use.
While in other instances the cycle is delivered almost assembled and with instructional videos or manual on how to complete the assemblage which makes it easy for the customers. If the assemblage proves difficult, you might go through the additional stress of getting assistance from an expert or technician to complete the process.
9. How safe is the cycle for kids?
You do not have to worry much, especially if you have the necessary safety gadget on your kids. On the other hand, manufacturers consider the safety of the kids in the manufacturing of the cycle and not just their cycle.
There is a good brake system, and they ensure that they make use of quality materials in the production of the cycle to keep the kids in safe conditions always.
10. What size bike does a 10-year-old need?
For a 10-year-old child, the best size of the bike should be, Inseam-22-25 inches, and the wheel’s diameter should be 20 inches.
We have discussed the numerous considerations you should make in getting a suitable cycle for your girls. You have to understand that the cycle for girls is different from that of boys when looking at the structure of the cycle and the physiology of the girls.
With this knowledge, you can understand why there are specific cycles for girls so that they can enjoy a good and comfortable ride. From the top 7, we feel the Speedbird 14-T Robust Double Seat Kid Bicycle, R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Jazz Bicycle for Kids, and Speed Bird Robust 14-T – Baby Cycle are the top three bicycles that you blindly rely on.
Choosing the best cycle for your girl as you take into consideration the brand of the cycle, the price and features of the different cycles as you choose the one suitable for your girl. We have listed out the best cycle that will provide comfort with style and has a trendy look.
We also consider the durability of the cycle to ensure that you do not keep spending money buying cycle each time one gets broken.
Have fun and a good time with the list of a comfortable cycle for girls listed in this article.