Best Roller Skates for Kids
Having your kids entertained is a task that every parent need to make a priority. It is now an increasing occurrence of having children play only indoor games like a computer and video games. With this situation, it becomes challenging for kids to exercise and this often leads to some health challenges such as obesity and other diseases that are ravaging our young kids.
It has been proven by experts that kids will get better aerobic exercise when they get involved in roller skating than when engaged in other outdoor activities like running or biking. It also helps in developing a stronger cardiovascular workout for the children and improving their heartbeat and physical fitness.
But for the kids to enjoy skating, it requires one to get the best roller skates in the market. And selecting this is not an easy task for any parents as it involves noting different factors and features in other to pick the best among the lot.
With the increasing demand for roller skates in the Indian market, there has been an increase in the manufacturing of these products. While it is a good thing to have different models and varieties in the market, it can be a bit confusing when deciding for most people. Therefore it is essential to check-out our review in selecting the Best roller skates for kids. To make it easier, we have included styles and sizes of skate wheels, types of roller skates, benefits of using these products, things to check while buying the skates, frequently asked questions about roller skating and the top 10 best roller skaters
Top 10 Best Roller Skates for Kids
Best for Dual Usage Roller Skates
Best kids adjustables skates
Best for Building Balance
Double Shocker Absorber Feature
Easy Transfer from Beginner to Pro Skates
Professional skates for kids
Appleaing colour and Design
Highly Secured Roller Skates
Styles and Sizes of Skates Wheels
Various roller skates come with different wheels such as urethane wheel. This type of wheel comes in a better way when compared to the traditional brands and models that are made from plastics.
Going for larger wheels are essential for faster speed. This makes it a good option for a faster pace and children looking to race with the skates. While larger wheel models are necessary when it comes to acceleration and deceleration, smaller wheel skates are the perfect choice for beginners.
Benefits of Roller Skating
Since our kids now spend most of their free time on smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, laptops, and the internet, it now gives them less time to spend with outdoor games. This often hurts the health of these kids. With the aid of this Best kids adjustables skates, these children can be more active and bond with real-life friends than visual friends.
Here are some health benefits of roller skating for kids
Fat or calories burning
With the way the roller skate is designed, it helps in burning fat and also suitable for obese children. The roller skating calorie burning benefits is one of the major importance of this product for some kids.
Aid the joint
Skating aids in the protection of the joint from damages. It provides one with a fluid motion that keeps the kids. It helps the child to enjoy a movement similar to dancing or running without the harsh impact that comes with it. With this aerobic roller skating, one enjoys the same benefits as jogging and running without the fear of joint damage
Lightening the child’s mood
Roller skating is an excellent way to lighten a child’s temperament. With the unique designs that come with the skating items like music and lights it gives a fun and entertaining disposition.
Similar to cross-training exercise
It is a known fact that roller skates are similar to the sport of jogging concerning some health benefits. So to keep your kid in shape by reduction of calories, strengthening of legs and reduction of body fat, stashing can be a good choice for this.
Helps to strengthen the heart
The roller skates are an excellent form of exercise for the strengthening of the child’s heart. With a moderate roller skating, the heartbeat and level of the child can increase which is good for their health
Help in developing the arm and legs
With the use of skating, the kid’s arms and legs start developing and become stronger. With skating the legs are worked out as the child powers through the motions on the skates. Also, the arms get more developed as the child gets to balance the body during the movement.
Help in improving agility, balance, and coordination
The roller skates for kids helps in the improvement of balance, agility, and coordination among kids. It helps in the development of balance with the help of abdominal and lower back muscles. Also, trying to coordinate balance and leg movement helps in the improvement of coordination.
Improves brain power
Physical exercises help in the development and improvement of the kid’s brain power. It helps in boosting the cognitive function of the child.
Help in improving endurance
Roller skating helps in the increase of muscle endurance for the child. With each skating session, the muscles are developed, and endurance improves. With this newly developed ability, doing a more intense workout can be done by the kids without getting exhausted easily.
Improves the social cognitive ability
With this outdoor game of roller skates, the social skill of the child is developed. The child can easily socialize while skating and make new friends.
Types of Roller Skates
Roller skates come in various models and designs and each of these models can be used for different purposes and intent. Therefore it is important to know the various type of roller skates that one can find in the market. Here are the different types of roller skates that can suit your kid’s recreational activities and abilities.
This type of roller skate is used indoors. It is for recreational and is the more traditional types of skates for kids. This types of skates are used for different purposes such as team staking, solo dance, synchronized or precision staking, single free skates, and pair dance skating.
In going for artistic skates, one needs to go for one that is built strong enough to endure the force that is placed on it while jumping and landing. This is the reason why almost all artistic skate comes with a strong sole plate and a jump bar that adds an extra reinforcement to it. This skates also comes with strong leather, and the boots sit a few inches above the ankles.
The jam skates came into vogue when roller disco was popular. With the passage of years, jam stakes have been influenced by numerous artistic impressions like break dance, artistic skating, and other modern dancing.
With these innovations, jam skates can now be used by kids to express dancing, gymnastics and also skating. Jam skates come in a lightweight frame to enable one to get involved with some fast and dexterous movements and steps.
With its unique features such as the low cut design boot and the dance plug, it is entirely different from other stakes in the market.
As the name implies, this skate is an ideal one when you think about speed. It is a popular type of roller skates for kids wishing to get involved in sprints, marathon, lap staking, relay staking, and time trials.
This types of skates are used for long distance staking and come with lightweight soles to reduce exhaustion that comes with a long distance skating. The best speed roller skates come with a flexible boot that fits tightly to the foot.
Roller Derby Skates
The roller derby skates are designed in a way to suit the roller derby sport. Often, the roller derby skates look more like the regular roller skates but are used for different purposes. There are designed in such a way that it has a low cut boot with a lace up closure.
With the Velcro strap on the boot, it helps to fasten and position the foot in place accurately. It also comes with extra padding in other to withstand all the bumping that comes with the game.
The rhythm skates is a combination of the Jam and Artistic skates. With the design of the boot, it provides good support for the child’s ankle and positions a few inches above the ankle just like the artistic skate.
One unique feature that makes the rhythm stakes stands out from the artistic skates is that it has a better movement ability since it is designed for dance, stuffed skating, and slides. It also comes with a dance plug instead of a toe break like the jam skates.
The Inline skates are different from the quad skates which comes with two front and two rear wheels. It is used for Inline skating. It typically comes with two to five wheels that are arranged in a single line.
Basic Guide in Buying a Roller Skates
In purchasing roller skates, some critical features need to be considered in order to make the right decision. While some parents may consider designs, styles or comfort other parents might look out for durability, reliability, and stability. All in all, attention should be paid to these factors before making the final decision.
Here are some features or factors to consider when buying
The type of roller skates
Like we stated earlier, different types of skates abound in the market and can be used for different purposes and intent. It is essential to know the use of each type of skates before buying and also the stage of perfection of the child on staking.
The size of the kid
This is another essential factor to consider when purchasing roller skates. Keep in mind the size of the baby and how fast they grow, or else you will be buying new skates every other year.
Therefore it is important to go for the right size for the kid in other to ensure the child’s safety and to also be comfortable while making use of the skate. Look out for the size such as J, JUV, and adult sizing when buying
The ease of adjusting
Another factor to consider when buying a roller skate for kids is to determine how easy they are to use. This can be seen through reviews of previous users and features of the product. It is also important to keep in mind brands that maintain a form of consistency in their design and usage because as your kids grow, you may be needing to get a newer and bigger version
The design used in the construction of the roller skates is another important factor to consider in purchasing a skate for your little ones.
What material are the skates made from? This is important when buying roller skates. This is important when considering the durability and weight of the skates. Some skates are made from steel or a hard plastic frame. For a strong and durable one, a stake with a reinforced frame or steel frame should be your best choice
As have been stated earlier, different skates come with different uses and purposes. Depending on what the kid wants and their age, one can choose between a quad skate for comfort and entertainment and an inline skate for sporting and other events.
Trucks and Stoppers
One fundamental feature to consider while buying a roller skate is the truck and stoppers that it comes with. While most of the skates in the market come with nylon fiberglass or aluminum alloy trucks other skates comes with a metal truck.
It is important to note that metal trucks are more expensive but more durable. It is also necessary to go for skates that come with a dual locking system. This is because it offers safety and protection for the kids when it involves sports gear.
This is another crucial factor to consider in making a decision. Some skates are more expensive than others. Compare the prices about the features and use before committing to pay.
The straps are vital once you have determined the kid’s size. Ensure that it can be fastened to the skates to provide a good fit. Having a loose strap can pull off from the feet while on the roller skates. It may cause injury to the child when this happened.
1. Cosco Tenacity Super Jr.Quad Roller Skates(3-6 Years) – Our Pick
Having our kids skates enables them to stay fit. And to stay fit using an outdoor sport like roller skating, quality is important. Cosco tenacity super Jr. is a trendy choice among Indians when keeping fit and entertaining their kids through sport?
This skate comes in a compare and portable design that allows kids to carry about and also to store in space. It is an ideal choice for beginners entering this domain of sporting activity. It is an excellent choice for kids as long as you are looking for the best roller skates in India.
- It comes with a beginner skates shoe size of 16.6 to 18.6
- Ideal for both boys and girls
- Comes with an adjustable size
- It comes with a black and blue rubber wheels
- It comes with a custom fit size
- It is a perfect fit for kids between 3 to 4 years old
- Comes with a lace up front for a firm fit
- Quite durable
- It is a perfect choice for juniors
- With its adjustable base, it can fit perfectly on any kid
- Comes in a nice package that keeps it secure
- One primary disadvantage of this product is that it does not come with a brake
- It is a hard job tying the lace
- The roller skates will have been quite better if it has come with a Velcro
2. Jaspo Tenacity Senior Roller Skates (6 to 14 Years) – Best for Dual Usage Roller Skates
The Jaspo tenacity roller skates for kids is an adjustable roller skate suitable for kids to exercise and entertain with. It is an excellent way of allowing kids to have some fun. The Jaspo tenacity roller skate is a high-speed semi-precision skate with a ball bearing of 60 MM anti-skid vinyl wheel.
This is a classic adjustable skate is a great way to introduce your kids to skating. One other unique feature of this beautiful roller skates is its dual usage. It can be used both indoors and outdoors purposes and hence is one of the best outdoor roller skates.
- Comes with adjustable wear on sports shoes for kids
- The roller skates come with a front brake
- Has an adjustable size with brake
- Use for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- Comes with both indoor and outdoor composite wheels and semi-precision bearings
- It has a lace-up front closure
- The skates are lightweight and allows children to skate more freely
- It comes with a toe stop that provides control and safety
- Has an adjustment range of Min 21 cm Max 25 cm
- Comes with fiber chassis
- It weighs 1.80 kilograms
- The Jaspo tenacity skates are made from superb material
- It stands the test of time in durability
- Complains of the wheels iron balls pulling out easily
3. Sufi World® Roller Skates (5-12 Years) – Best kids adjustables skates
The Sufi world roller skates is an Inline shoe for a comfortable skating. It comes with an adjustable length with an adjustable custom fit skates for your child. The product comes with two clips that are found under the bottom of the skates, and it is used for size adjustment.
The skates are ideal for kids between the ages of 3 to 12 years of age. It comes with a set of adjustable quad roller skates. This is a great way for children to learn to skate without harm.
It also allows one to choose a skill level of a walk, skate forward and skate forward and backward. The Sufi skate can be used both outdoor and indoors. It is not suitable for kids with a body weight of more than 20 Kg.
- Comes with a smooth rolling wheels
- Made from high-quality material
- Comes with a toe stop brakes
- Has a break on the front of the skates
- It has an item weight of 1.01 Kg
- Comes with a package dimensions of 23.9 x 21.3 x 11.7 cm
- It comes with a Min. Length of 16 cm and an extended length of 21 cm
- It comes with a weight diameter of 4.5 cm
- A wheel boots sizes of 5 to 11
- Comes with three settings
- It comes with a high-quality material
- It’s different setting styles allows the kids to utilize the one ideal for them.
4. Aurion Pro-lite Roller Skates – Best for Building Balance
The Aurion skates is a fun item for kids to use for exercise and play and are known as one of the best roller skates brands. It is a perfect skate for building balance, agility and coordination skills among the kids.
- Comes with a shoe sizes of 5 to 11
- Comes with a four-wheel training skates
- It comes with a front braking stoppers
- Suitable for kids between 3 and above
- It has comfortable fastening straps
- Ideal for beginners
- A perfect roller skates for beginners (toddlers)
- It comes with a study and durable wheel
- Not recommended for advance roller skating
5. Dixon Adjustable Roller Skate – Double Shocker Absorber Feature
This is the best kids adjustables skates that seek fun and entertainment. It is made from excellent materials that make it suitable for kids under the ages of 10 years.
It is a joy for every kid and keeps them comfortable. Made with an exquisite design that makes it stands out among most models in the market.
- The Dixon roller skate comes with an adjustable brake
- Suitable for kids below ten years of age
- It comes with a double shocker absorber
- Made from excellent aluminum material
- It comes with an ultra-durable PU wheel
- Contains one pair of roller skates
- It comes with a screw tightening gum
- Ideal for skateboarding and skating
- A very excellent product
- Ideal for the child’s fun
- Made from superior materials that are durable
- Some users complain of a poor shoelaces
- The product is quite heavy
6. Tavakkal Roller Skates (5-10 Years) – Easy Transfer from Beginner to Pro Skates
The Tavakkal roller skates is an adjustable quad roller skates for kids. It is ideal for kids between the age brackets of 5 to 10 years of age. This skate is beautifully designed in a way that it can be easily converted from a beginner skate to a pro skate.
It is indeed a comfortable item that keeps the kid so comfy with its two easy adjusting buckles. It also secures the kids feed firmly.
- The skates come with a toe stop brakes for stability and control
- It has a two easy adjusting buckles
- An adjustable Quad roller skates
- Made for unisex
- The recommended age bracket of 5 to 10 years of age
- An adjustable size
- Made from plastic materials
- Comes with an item weight of 1.02 Kg
- A product dimension of 23.7 x 17.9 x 11.2 cm
- A Superb, and a good option for learners
- Many users have appreciated its quality
- Most users complained of receiving items that were in a damaged state
7. Jaspo Pink Heaven Pro junior Skates (5 years)– Combo items
The Jaspo pink heaven skate is a pro junior skates for intermediate skaters. It is a lightweight skate that is easy to carry around. The product is unique due to its colorful designs fully fitted with florescent poly-Vinyl wheels.
The skate comes with all the required accessories that are needed for a safe skating for the child. It is fully ready to use as soon as you purchase the product.
- This is a pro junior skates
- It comes fully packed with the skates, the helmet, the elbow, and the wrist guide.
- The skate comes with a complimentary carry bag
- An ideal product for gift purposes
- The item is suitable for kids between the age of 5
- It is durable
- The product comes with a florescent polyvinyl wheels
- It comes in a flat shape
- The product material is made from nylon
- It is ideal for all year round skating
- The product is of great quality
- It is attractive and loved by kids
- It is rust proof
8. Henco Skates Tornado – Professional skates for kids
The Henco Skates is a fanciful multi-color skate for your kid’s entertainment and exercise. In making use of this skate, one can wear any shoe while skating on it. The product comes with a zinc plated metal body with a specially designed rubber wheel of a size of 50 mm.
- It comes with adjustable sizes
- It can be used with any shoe
- It comes with a multi-color
- Available for kids between 4 years of age to adults
- Comes with a two piece of soft rubber support for the support and safety of users ankle
- Made from zinc plated metal body
- Comes with a front brake
- It has a rubber shockers
- A size of 22 x 10 x 11 cm
- The skate is of good quality and design
- It comes with a good balance and weight
- It has an uncomfortable back belt
9. Hipkoo JJ Jonex Gold Shoe Skates – Appleaing colour and Design
The Hipkoo Gold shoe skates is a florescent skate shoe that comes in different sizes and colors. It has a fiber chassis with a synthetic shoe and synthetic wheel for the child’s entertainment.
- Comes with different sizes
- The product is made from synthetic-Fiber materials
- Package contents of a pair of roller skates
- Shoe sizes of 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4
- It comes in multi-color
- It is an excellent product
- It fits well and properly
- It comes with very smooth wheels and a child can easily fall-off
10. Henco Spitfire Skates – Highly Secured Roller Skates
It is designed with the child’s security in mind, as the skate comes with the full package. It contains two sets of protective gears to keep your kids safe while skating.
- The skate comes with a size combination of 11, 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- It is made from synthetic fiber
- It comes with a pair of roller skates
- It is multi-color
- The product comes with 2 protective set
- It comes with a fluorescent fiber
- Has a synthetic shoe and wheels
- It has a 55MM lining for a better grip
- It is of excellent quality and a balancing wheels
- Attractive to the kids
- None for now
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should my child safely start skating?
This is a question that most parents are fond of asking before purchasing a skate for their kids. Skating can start as long as the child can walk. A child of two years can safely skate, but it is necessary to understand your child fitness and stability.
2. What should I watch out before allowing them to ride?
Be mindful of how steady or unsteady the child’s feet are before buying. For a child that has a shaky foot, skating is not a good option for them. Also, endeavor to wear all the necessary safety gears while skating
3. Do my kids have anything to benefit as it relates to skating?
So many benefits come with skating. This is a great way to keep your baby exercised both indoors and outdoors. This helps them to get away from the TV and Video games. It also helps in the improvement of the child’s knee, leg, and strengthening of the ankle.
4. What sports can be used for skating for the child?
The different sport involves skating that the kid can get involved in. Some of these sports include roller derby, roller hockey, ice hockey and lots of other skating sports for kids.
5. What is the ideal size of skates should I get my child?
Kids skates come with the same shoe size as the child. It is necessary to order the shoe size of your child for the roller skate. Also, most manufacturers provide the size charts for the skates.
6. What sizes do kids skates come in?
Kid’s skates come with sizes ranging from J1 through J13. This J stands for junior, and as the child grows into adult size shoes, then it is expected of them to wear sizes of 1, 2, 3 and others that match them.
7. Is it advisable to get my kids Inline Skates or Quad Skates?
New skates are more comfortable on Quad or a roller skate since there is four-wheel and easy to balance when compared to the Inline skates or the rollerblades. But if you choose Inline skating for your kid, endeavor to buckle or tied up snugly around the child’s ankles and not get injured.
8. Which is the Ideal place to buy my child’s skate
Roller skate can be gotten from a trusted shop around or on Amazon. It is important to get it from a trusted brand and manufacturer when purchasing.
9. What should be the budget for a roller skate?
Roller skate comes with different prices. Leather boots are more comfortable and built to last when compared to the cheaper Vinyl skates. It is important to go for an expensive one that will last for longer than a cheaper version that can easily get broken.
Paying more money for a durable and professional skate goes a long way in keeping the child comfortable.
10. I got the right size for my kid, but it is still tight around her feet
Most parents often complain about this. Always, remember that leather skates have a break in period. Therefore it takes some time to break-in and become comfortable on their feet. Make sure that the child is wearing socks and skate booties to easing the pains and discomfort.
11. What special gear am I encouraged to purchase?
In skating for kids, safety is important. It is, therefore, necessary to get some safety gears such as an elbow pad, a helmet, and a knee pad most especially if the child is skating outdoor.
12. What is the importance of a toe stopper?
The toe stop is an important item to check when purchasing a skate for your child. It often provides a means of stability and breaks power when it is needed. It is important to go for a skate with a bigger toe stop and larger surface area.
13. What features should I look out when buying a skate for my kid?
This skates for kids usually come in smaller sizes. It also comes with boots that size the child’s feet and ankles.
14. What is the ideal wheel to get for my kid’s inline skates?
This is depended on the type of skates that your child have. It is recommended that you choose a 72-80mm for recreation, 90-100mm for fitness and 68-72mm for kids.
15. What is the work of a Durometer and what does it measure?
A Durometer is used to measure the hardness of the skate wheel. It is also used in determining what a wheel should be used for. The measure usually falls between 72 and 92 and the higher the number, the harder the wheel.
16. What is the ideal ABEC rating for kids?
The ideal ABEC rating for kids is 3. This can be moved up to an ABEC of 5 to 7 as the kid’s skill increases.
17. What is a wrist guard?
This is an essential protective kit for your child’s hand and wrist as a result of a fall. With a wrist guard, your kid can be safe from the risk of a fracture.
Wrist guards come in different styles and models which includes the plastic top and bottom. Others are waist guard with soft pads with plastic inserted in the palm of each hand.
18. Why are some Inline Skates more expensive than others?
The materials and designs of most of this Inline skates are not the same. The higher the quality of the skate, the higher the price is expected to be.
19. Do all inline skates come with brakes?
All Inline skates do not come with a brake. Most of the Inline skates that comes with a brake are those meant for fitness and recreational. Others like aggressive skates, the speed skates, and the Inline hockey skates do not come with a brake.
20. What are the steps to slow down my kid’s wheels?
It is recommended that you tighten the axle nuts of the wheel to create more friction.
Note: Do not overtighten it and destroy the bearings.
21. What is the difference between indoor and outdoor skate wheels?
The primary difference between an indoor and an outdoor skate wheels is that the outdoor wheel requires a softer wheel and a harder wheel for the indoor skating.
Having to exercise is an important ingredient in the growth of any kid. However, restricting your kids to just indoor exercises is not ideal as it might lead to obesity. By selecting to indulge them in an outdoor activity like skating, the child is exposed to numerous health and physical benefits.
Our reviewer picks are the Cosco Tenacity Super Jr, Jaspo Tenacity Adjustable Senior Roller Skates and Sufi World® Roller Skates for Kids. These are the three Best roller skates in India available for kids and facilitates their well being with the adjustable features.
Best of luck!