Top 1 Ton Air Conditioners
Long and hot summers can be very harsh. It makes you uncomfortable and causes problems while doing your daily activities.
Severe heat can also cause health problems. This is why it has become essential to have an AC at your house. It maintains an ideal temperature and also circulates air efficiently.
To begin with, this article would give you a glimpse of various types of AC and a brief review of the 1-ton air conditioner. Technically, ACs are widely divided into split ac, central, and window ACs
The tonnage of an AC refers to the amount of heat to be removed from a particular place. Based on the area of the place, the AC is categorized as 1 ton, 1.5 ton, 2 ton, etc.
Generally, for an area covering 130 sq. ft, a one-ton air conditioner is used. The most commonly used AC is one-ton AC. Mentioned below are the different brands and types of AC, the Buying guide, and the list of Top 1 Ton ACs and FAQs.
Top Eight 1Ton Air Conditioners
Types of AC
In a spacious area, a central air-conditioning system is preferred for its efficiency.
A central AC would require detailed planning and requirements for the placement since it is larger in size, and the circulation of cool air should be evenly distributed to the whole area.
It is a ductless split system air conditioner used extensively for single-room cooling or home.
It has outdoor fittings where it condenses and an indoor unit for handling the temperature inside the room. This kind of AC does not make noise while working.
A window air conditioner is used in a compact room where it forces cool air inside, sucking the hot or warm air from the room.
Portable AC makes it easy to port it to other rooms for a compact space and costs less than different types. It sucks hot air from the surrounding, providing a cool breeze in the room.
The hot exhaust air is released via window fans, and since with less air as output, it is sufficient for one room only.
This is an increasing trend in energy production using solar, wind, etc. It paved the way for hybrid AC for the choice between fossil fuel and or green energy for running the AC.
The is an alternative approach to conserve energy. The capability to generate heat during winter and cold during summer is brought by this method since the temperature of the earth remains the same and no extra heat is generated.
During winter, it produces heat, and in summer, the hot air is pumped down to earth, releasing humidity in the air.
AC Buyer’s Guide
To choose the right AC, a few factors can be analyzed before the purchase of the desired product.
This is the first point to be considered while making a purchase: whether it is needed for single room use, office or commercial use, etc. Deciding on the application, the budget, and the preferable checklist matching the needs can be shortlisted.
On average, 1 ton domestic AC consumes around 1200 W of power.
The number of stars represents the power consumption rating. i.e., a higher star rating represents the equipment is highly power-efficient and goes easy on your wallet.
Brand plays a major role in the air-conditioning as it is a one-time investment for the appliance.
The energy efficiency, popularity, reviews, budget-friendly products should be purchased. It is advisable to purchase from popular brands like Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, etc
There are two major types of AC available, i.e., Split AC and Window AC. You should select the one based on the usage and air-conditioning installation space.
The AC capacity is based on the area that you need to cool.
Usually, 1 ton is used for expressing the cooling capacity for which it absorbs heat and circulates cool air. E.g., for 100-150 square feet, 1 ton AC is used. The 5-star rating gives the maximum energy saving.
The most important part of buying an AC is the features designed for comfort in each AC.
Additional features such as auto clean, which reduces the effort of the maintenance cost, and sleep mode, which detects the room temperature and adjusts accordingly.
Dehumidifier mode reduces the excess humidity in the air and provides a suitable temperature. Other features include layers of filtration for killing harmful microbes in the air and dust filter.
Inverter and Non-inverter AC
In non-inverter ac, the amount of cooling provided and the speed of the compressor remains the same, whereas in inverter ac the cooling is provided based on the present room temperature.
It has a speed controller for the compressor which provides cooling or heating based on the environmental temperature.
Top Eight 1Ton Air Conditioners
1. Panasonic 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational electronics company that manufactures electronics, semiconductors, and home appliances.
The Panasonic, 5-star inverter, split AC has a classic Japanese design and an inverter compressor for faster and enhanced cooling.
This AC is compatible with Miraie platform. This allows access to all Panasonic appliances in one place and also offers in-built intelligent diagnostics.
This AC has twin cool inverters that balance the load efficiently, leading to smoother, stable, and faster operation. This increases the life of the compressor.
- It has a variable speed compressor that adjusts power depending on heat load. The compressor is energy efficient and has the lowest noise operation.
- This AC is suitable for rooms less than or equal to 110 sq. ft.
- The annual consumption of energy is 591.41 kWh, and it has a 1-year warranty with an additional 1+ 4 years on PCB and 10 Years on Compressor.
- It has a copper condenser coil that provides better cooling and low maintenance.
- The powerful mode in this AC ensures quick cooling and operates without a stabilizer.
- The AC is wifi enabled, which allows you to operate it through your smartphone by Miraie Platform.
- Through Miraie, you can control temperature anytime and anywhere.
- The Miraie platform offers One Touch Service Request for all annual maintenance, contracts, etc.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. LG 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
LG Corporation is a South Korean multinational company that is the fourth largest industrial conglomerate in Korea but has its markets worldwide. This company has a reputation for its premium quality electronic goods like smartphones, home appliances, etc.
The LG 1 ton 5-star inverter split AC has a dual inverter with varied speed dual rotary motor, which has a wider rotational frequency. It saves energy along with a higher speed cooling range.
The AC is protected from both indoor and outdoor sides by a special ocean black protection, which makes it durable, especially in Indian weather, which is prone to dust, sand, salt, industrial smoke, and pollutants.
- It comes with a 4-way swing function (up-down and right-left), which blows air in multiple directions to ensure thorough cooling.
- It makes use of R32 refrigerant gas, which is environmentally friendly and thus does not contribute to global warming.
- EZ clean filter helps you in easy handling and cleaning, which elongates the life of your AC.
- It has low gas detection, which reduces inconvenience while troubleshooting and increasing the life of your conditioner.
- It is a 4-in-1 convertible air conditioner that gives you 4 step energy control.
- The compressor has a 10 years warranty and the appliance has a 1-year warranty.
- The AC cools even at extremely high temperatures up to 52-degree celsius.
- With the smart diagnosis system help, you can correspond with the nearest LG service center.
- It operates with very low noise, thus giving you a sound sleep.
- It has an HD filter that removes harmful substances from the air like bacteria, pollens, pet dander, dust, as small as 10 µm in size, thus promoting health.
- It is 5-star energy-efficient, thus saving electricity.
- Ocean black protections prevent rust and corrosion.
- It also has monsoon comfort and sleep mode.
- The AC auto cleans itself.
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Voltas 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Voltas company has been a promising product developer for air conditioning systems, and 125 EYR models have a 3S rating in 2018, according to BEE.
It has a copper condenser and a special feature for self-diagnosis. It comes with 1100 Watts of power consumption and auto swing in operation.
The rich wine red color is truly top-notch on the wall for its stunning design and performance. This attractive color is bright and goes well with any wall and enriches the total look of the AC.
- The AC has an anti-dust and anti-bacterial filter.
- Noise-less operation with (29dB) minimum decibels.
- The maximum operating temperature is 50 degrees.
- The cooling capacity is 3550 W.
- R-22 refrigerant gas is used which is environmentally friendly.
- It can be controlled with a smartphone.
- It has a dual temperature display.
- The ac comes with a 1-year product warranty and 5-year compressor warranty.
- It has Turbo Cooling for instant cooling of the room.
- Silver ion, Vitamin C, Anti-dust and Acaro Bacterium are four filters present in the AC.
- Sleep mode for automatic adjustment of humidity during sleep time.
- Anti-fungal glowing buttons attached remote control for better operation at night.
- Self-diagnosis for detecting malfunctioning.
- The compressor is quite noisy.
4. Panasonic 1 Ton 5 Star Window AC
Panasonic is a popular brand, rooted in Japanese culture that prides itself on delivering quality products.
It is no different with this AC, which is made with exquisite craftsmanship with the latest innovations. The AC provides maximum cooling in a natural way and excels in features like air purity, energy-saving, and durability with a premium design.
- “Power mode” increases fan speed to deliver instant cooling in much lesser time.
- It has a dual filtration process that removes airborne particles smaller than 2.5 micrometers.
- The temperature indicator helps you monitor the temperature in real-time.
- It uses R32 refrigerant that protects the condenser from accidental fire and ensures zero damage to the ozone layer.
- Energy-efficient and budget-friendly.
- Rotary compressor and copper coils for better cooling.
- Does not take too long to cool a small to medium-sized room.
- Makes more noise compared to a split AC.
5. Whirlpool 1.0 Ton 3 Star Split AC
This eco-friendly product emits very less greenhouse gas thus, reducing the threat to environment and surrounding, Whirlpool 1.0 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper, 1.0T Magicool Elite Pro 3S Copr) is one such product that has all the latest features.
- Due to the advanced MPFI technology along with smart circuit design, this product ensures instant comfort and super-fast cooling.
- The MPFI technology uses a 4×4 evaporator circuit design that is responsible for rapid heat exchange from the room, which results in enhanced cooling in no time.
- This product has a reliable compressor that can cool even at a temperature of 55-degree Celsius.
- The Sleep Function lets you have a comfortable sleep. This product will keep on increasing the temperature by half a degree every hour. After reaching 26-degrees, it will turn off or keep quietly functioning at that temperature.
- The Self-Diagnosis feature keeps a check around the surrounding about the air. If the air is bad in quality, it will improve it by filtering.
- The HD Dust filter filters the air and blows fresh air.
- One of the unique features of this product is that it uses R-32 refrigerant, which has a superb efficiency, which means that the amount of greenhouse gases it emits is very less and reduces the threat to the environment.
- The inner parts and coils are made up of 100% copper, which makes it easy to maintain and durable.
- It saves a lot of money on your electricity bills.
- No negative points were observed so far.
6. Blue Star 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC
This is a conventional window AC from Blue Star that delivers comfortable cooling performance across seasons along with more energy savings. It features a copper condenser coil that offers better cooling and requires low maintenance.
The AC uses an R410a refrigerant that is environmentally friendly and causes no ozone depletion. It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product and 1 year on condenser with 5 years on compressor.
- It has a high-energy efficiency rotary compressor”, with a built-in accumulator.
- It enhances cooling performance at low energy consumption levels.
- The front panel has an elegant design and can be easily cleaned.
- The anti-freeze thermostat stops the compressor when the unit is set at a very low temperature.
- The self-diagnosis feature automatically detects problems and alerts you. The error codes help in quickly identifying the issue.
- It can reduce the excess humidity of the room in Dry Mode.
- Smartly senses the variation of temperature and adjusts it automatically.
- Good cooling thanks to the copper coil.
- There is no formation of frost on the heat exchanger, which protects the unit.
- Outdoor units are made from 100% copper.
- Noisy operation.
7. Daikin 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
This Daikin AC is an inverter type AC has a 3 rating. It has a special Econo mode that increases efficiency by reducing power consumption. This provides you with good cooling while saving on bills.
This inverter AC has a copper compressor that is ideal for one room of size of 120 sq. ft. The self diagnosis feature automatically detects any error and relays the same on the remote screen. This helps you in corresponding with the service center.
The Coanda airflow system can be switched on with just the touch of a button. It offers enhanced comfort by evenly distributing air in every corner of the room. In case you require immediate and quick cooling, you can turn on the power chill mode.
- This split AC has 33 dB noise level.
- 1-year warranty on the product and five years warranty on the compressor.
- It is economical in price.
- Turbo cooling is instant.
- The stabilizer is not required.
- The refrigerant used is R32, which means no ozone depletion.
- Budget-friendly with many advanced features.
- No bacteria filter.
8. Godrej 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC
This Godrej 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC (Copper, AC 1T GSC 12OTC3-WSA Split 3S, White) is another addition to the market with its unique features and specifications like healthy blow function, 100% copper condenser, multi-layered acoustic jacket, and lots more. Let us look at it.
- The air conditioner comes with a special anti-corrosive Bluefin coating on the condenser and evaporator, which makes it resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It comes with a Healthy Blow function, which prevents the growth of harmful micro-organisms by eliminating the moisture in the indoor unit.
- The compressor comes covered with a Multi-layered Acoustic jacket that blocks the noise coming from it. It also protects the vital components from any damage.
- To increase its durability, the condenser is made up of 100% copper. It is easier to maintain.
- The product filters particles like pollen, hair, pet dander with the help of the Anti-Dust air filter that comes along with this product.
- This product comes along with an R-32 refrigerant, which has a superb efficiency, also the amount of greenhouse gases it emits is very less and thus, being a nil threat to the environment.
- It comes with an active carbon filter that eliminates bacteria and unpleasant odor from the room, making it fresher.
- Cooling effeciency is not up to the mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. On average, how much power does an AC consume?
Different air conditioners have different consumption; on average, the AC consumes 3000 to 5000 watts of power for working for 9 hours a day during hot weather.
2. Which is better, 1 ton or 1.5 ton?
The answer to this lies in the size of the room in which you place it. If you have a larger room, it is better to go with the 1.5 ton AC as it has the capability of producing 50% more cooling than 1 ton.
The time which the 1.5 ton AC takes to cool the room is very less as compared to the other. On the other hand, if the room is smaller, it is better to go for 1-ton ac as it consumes less power than 1.5-ton ac.
3. What is the capacity of 1-ton ac?
The 1-ton AC can cover the area of 80-120 sq. Ft. The border range is 144 sq. Ft.
This article has covered all the factors and features you need to make an informed decision about buying the right AC. With the number of options we have provided, we are sure that you will find one that suits your needs.
Out of this list, the Voltas and Panasonic Split ACs are the most popular options that are worth the premium investment. If you are on a budget and don’t mind the extra noise, the Window AC from BlueStar might the right product for you.