Best Window Air Conditioners to Beat the Heat
India, as a country, is known for its boiling summers, where the scorching heat almost burns one’s bodies. We like to remain indoors during this time of the year to relax and breathe some nice and cool air. All this is possible when you get the perfect Air Conditioner to suit your interiors.
Almost everyone today owns an air conditioner. There are many types available such as 1 ton Ac or Split Ac, But the important aspect here is to get a product that is viable enough for you economically, and it promises durability with good performance as well.
Picking the perfect product, be it anything, can also prove to be a tricky job. You must have several questions based on exactly what product to get, something that will be brilliant for your interiors.
Whether the AC will fit into your window space correctly? Or if it will blend in well with your surroundings and ambiance of the room? Or if it will provide the perfect amount of cooling at the perfect price?
Well, worry not because we have come up with the perfect guide to help you make an informed decision. If you want a perfect escape out of this burning heat, and want a good AC to solve that problem, well then all you need to do is follow our detailed guide, and we promise you that it will help you gain more perspective on what you can buy, on what you must buy and how you can buy it.
Top 7 Best Window Air Conditioners
Working of window AC
The Window AC comes with a blower, compressor, and a cooling coil with the help of which the air is cooled. Once the AC is switched on, the compressor starts working, and the blower begins to operate to suck in the hot air that is full of dust particles. The air is then passed through the dust and anti-bacterial filters so that the air released is free of these contaminants.
The hot air is then passed to the cooling or evaporating coil, which in turn drops the temperature of the air by absorbing the heat from it. The moisture is evaporated from the air to adjust the level of humidity.
Once the process of lowering the temperature and humidity of air is complete, the blower sucks in the air and releases it in a high velocity through a metal duct, out through the front panel of the AC. Thus, the air we obtain in the room is fresh, clean, chilled.
However, it doesn’t remain the same as the moisture level in the room is higher. As a result, the blower again sucks in the air to repeat the entire process.
It is also important to understand the hot air cycle of the window AC to know more about its working.
The cycle mainly focuses on the cooling of the condenser using the external or atmospheric air. The condenser is the part of the AC that is present outside the room. The fans of the condenser suck in the high-temperature atmospheric air to cool it down.
The condenser comes with a refrigerant; however, it is hot. So when the air is sucked in and passed through the condenser, the temperature of that air further rises.
Once the air is cooled, the refrigerant passes through the expansion valve and then the cooling coil. Now the hot air gets blended with the atmosphere while the fresh atmospheric air is sucked in and passed through the condenser to continue the cycle.
Difference between window ac and split ac
A window AC requires a window for installation and comes with a single indoor unit while a split ac requires no window, and it comes with two units, i.e., an indoor and outdoor unit. Both these Air Conditioners are equally energy efficient. However, Split air conditioners have several 5-star energy rated models.
Moreover, the outlook and design of a split ac are more aesthetic than compared to a window AC, plus they make less noise. However, they require more space to install while window ac require very less space and are far easier to install. Window AC is more of an affordable option than split ac.
The model you purchase should have an in-built anti-dust filter so that the air you breathe is fresh and clean. This filter manages to remove the dust, allergens, odors, and other harmful particles from the air conditioner. So, the air you breathe is filtered.
This is another important filter that filters the indoor air so that we get to breathe in air that is free from micro-organisms, dust, and other impurities. The anti-bacterial filter traps the micro-organisms, bacteria, viruses, and dust particles through microscopic pores and fibers so that the air is clean and fresh. This also enhances the life span of your AC and provides relief from respiratory issues.
The Window AC should come with a Dry mode. This mode is highly beneficial as it dehumidifies the air inside the room, especially during the monsoons, when the humidity of the air is higher. Thus, it regulates the humidity accordingly to ensure comfort.
The auto-clean function prevents the growth of micro-organisms and eliminates the moisture from the interior. Thus, the evaporated moisture from the unit ensures that the air you breathe is more clean and safe. This feature is a must-have, especially for high moisture levels in the air. It also manages to prevent the rusting of the evaporating coil.
Go for a brand that ensures quick installation after the purchase of the model. The brand will contact you after purchase, or you will have to contact them to provide the model number and other details.
The model should come with smart technology so that it offers you features like auto-restart and sleep mode. The auto-restart function ensures convenience as you will not have to reset the temperature settings after a power cut manually. It will automatically adjust itself to the temperature it was set at.
The sleep mode, on the other hand, ensures comfort while sleeping. It increases the temperature by one degree Celsius per hour for the first two hours. Then it maintains a steady temperature for the next five hours.
The Window AC should come with at least a 3-star rating from BEE so that it saves 15 % energy. Energy-saving features like eco-mode are also important as they save energy and expenses on your electricity bills.
Choose the cooling capacity based on the size of your room you wish to cool. A 1 ton AC is suitable for a small room size while a 1.5-ton capacity is ideal for medium size rooms if you have a large room go for a 2 ton AC.
The warranty of the product is significant. One must make sure that the product comes with a good enough, valid warranty. The warranty helps in recognizing the durability and longevity of the product, which is very vital.
Whatever product one chooses to purchase should promise to be worthy of the money that one is paying for it. You must make sure that you get a product that has all the settings and characteristics which make an AC desirable enough for the pricing it asks for. If that is not the case, then it is considered a wastage of money.
One must check the noise level of the product before making a purchase. This tells us how much noise the product makes while being operational. You do not want to buy an AC, which is making constant noise while working.
This is the most vital feature of the AC. We buy an Air conditioner to make sure our indoors at least have a fresh and pleasant temperature. This can be achieved only by making sure that the device has a great cooling system and that it does so quickly and efficiently.
Top 6 Best Window AC
1. Godrej 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC
Godrej was the first Indian company to manufacture refrigerators. It is the leading manufacturer of home appliances. Godrej established 100 years ago. Their products include refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, air conditioners, and much more.
Godrej 1.5 window AC comes with R32 refrigerant. It has less global warming potential. Also, refrigerant helps in powerful cooling and saves power. It has a dust filter to remove particles like dust, hair, pen.
- The product comes with a one-year product warranty, one-year condenser, five-year compressor
- Remote is provided along with the AC. It helps to adjust the fan speed, temperature, timer. Also, you can set the AC in sleep mode
- Otherwise, you can use the access buttons to adjust the temperature, fan speed, timer on the window AC unit
- It has a three-star energy rating
- The window AC has 1.5-ton capacity
- A dust filter is provided to remove particles like hair, pollen, dust, pet dander
- The package consists of 1 indoor unit, one outdoor unit, Interconnecting pipe, one remote and manual/user guide
- Anti-corrosive blue fin coating on the evaporator protects from rust
- It produces less noise
- Consume less electricity
- Quick cooling
- Provides Value for money
- Delicate product
2. Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
This simply designed Voltas AC comes with a white body and can be fitted anywhere with the utmost ease. The best part about this product is that it not only performs well, but it also cleans itself and is highly energy efficient. It is worth the money and is a good product to purchase. This AC will assure you a cool and soothing environment.
- They provide an easy installation facility.
- This condenser type for this air conditioner is copper.
- This device has a 1.5-ton capacity.
- It comes with a rotary compressor.
- It has an inbuilt anti-dust filter.
- It also comes with an inbuilt Auto Restart, a timer as well as sleep and turbo mode settings.
- The noise level is 54dB.
- It has 1495 power consumption capacity.
- It has a voltage of 233 volts.
- The wattage is 1661 watts.
- This item weighs 65 kgs.
- The installation process is simple.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product.
- It has a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- The cooling capacity is pretty good.
- The rotary compressor performs a self-diagnosis operation.
- The anti-dust filter is beneficial for clearing the dust from the inside of the air conditioner.
- It is extremely energy efficient and also comes with a 5-star rating.
- It does not have any batteries included.
- It is slightly on the more expensive side.
3. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
This Whirlpool AC is one of the best buys in the market. This product comes with a white body and has proved to be competitive due to its fierce features. Put in an extra buck for this one, and it will give you your money’s worth. This item provides you with the right amount of cooling to the right temperature.
- The Condenser coil is made of Copper.
- This window AC has a 1.5-ton capacity.
- This device has a 5-star energy-conserving rating.
- It has a voltage of 230 volts.
- It has a Turbo cool function.
- It has a 6th sense of energy saver.
- It has the Multi-Port Fluid Injection Technology has a unique 4*4 evaporator circuit design.
- It also has a sleep function.
- This item also comes with an auto-restart function.
- The unique feature of this item is its Japenese compressor.
- This product weighs 57 Kgs.
- It has an input power of 1451 volts.
- The dimensions of this product are 66.5 x 77.8 x 43.2.
- It has an indoor noise level of 42 dB.
- This machine comes with a one-year warranty.
- It has a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- It has great capacity.
- It helps conserve energy.
- The cool turbo function helps in comfortable and swift cooling.
- The 6th sense energy saver detects the temperature of the room and automatically alters its temperature to provide the perfect cooling.
- The MPFI technology helps in a rapid exchange of heat, which results in enhanced cooling and extreme power saving.
- In the case of electricity cuts, the AC restarts to the same temperature it was set to.
- The Japenese compressor ensures the durability of the product.
- The product is moderately priced.
- Only the high-end inverters can take the load that comes with this AC.
- It is not easy to install in certain places.
4. Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC
This carrier window AC comes with a super turbo mode that ensures fast and effective cooling of your room. The noise level is negligible, and the sleep mode ensures comfort while you sleep at night. The model is energy efficient hence saving your expenses on electricity bills. Moreover, the dehumidifier makes it comfortable to use this AC, especially during monsoons, when the humidity is high.
- Capacity: 1.5 ton.
- It has a 3-star energy rating.
- Noise level: 52 Db.
- Comes with an intelligent sensor and 2+1 mode that include dehumidifier and cooling mode along with dry and energy saver mode.
- It has an R32 Refrigerant and a Rotary compressor type.
- Compressor coil: copper.
- Cooling Capacity: 5100 W.
- Comes with an LCD type easy to use remote control.
- The model comes with features like auto-restart, sleep mode, super turbo mode, and an anti-bacterial filter.
- One year warranty on the product and five years compressor warranty.
- Easy to maintain.
- Ensures comfort while sleeping at night with its low noise function,
- Energy efficient with best in class cooling so that users can enjoy cool air with less electricity bill.
- Super turbo mode ensures quick and effective cooling.
- No negative points observed so far.
5. Blue Star 2WAE121YCF Window AC
Blue Star is a well-known brand in the market, and their new product is no different. It works massively well and comes in a simply designed white body. It has eye-catching features that will help you survive in the hot summers. It is the perfect product for cooling large interiors and comes at a moderate price too.
- The condenser coil is Copper.
- The window AC has a 1-ton capacity.
- The noise level is 49dB.
- The voltage is 230 volts.
- It has the Anti-freeze thermostat.
- It is very environment-friendly.
- It comes with multi fan speed.
- It has hydrophilic blue Evaporator fins.
- It has a high-efficiency rotary compressor.
- The unique feature of this device is that it has a self-diagnosis.
- The nominal capacity is 1 TR.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The compressor, however, has a 5-year warranty.
- The Antifreeze thermostat acts as a safety net for the unit.
- This AC has zero ozone-depleting substances, thus makes it very environment-friendly.
- The multi fan speed helps to provide good cooling.
- The copper condenser is anti-corrosive.
- The evaporator fins reduce the accumulation of dust in the device.
- The compressor is specially designed to deliver maximum cooling with the least consumption of energy.
- The self-diagnosis tells the customer when the AC is not working well but showing an error code.
- This product is not very expensive.
- The manufacturer does not provide the weight of the product.
- The product is not easy to fit into small indoors well.
- It is slightly noisy while in use.
6. Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC
This AC carries the brand name of Voltas and has certainly lived up to it. It has a power-packed with features which have proved to be extremely attractive due to its great sales in the market. This product gives you amazing cooling with barely any noise and on an energy-conserving note. To add onto that, it is not very pricey either
- This window AC has a 1.5 tons capacity.
- It comes with a three-star energy rating.
- This product comes with the Auto restart.
- It has a very easily removable panel with fresh air ventilation.
- It has a good and large LED display as well as an LCD remote.
- It also has the turbo mode.
- The item also has the auto swing option with a timer too.
- It has a sleep mode.
- The product also comes with memory function.
- The unique feature of this product is self-diagnosis and the glow light button.
- The noise level is 56 dB.
- The voltage is 230 Volts.
- The wattage is 1666 watts.
- It has a great rotary compressor.
- It weighs 55kgs.
- It has a very good high-efficiency design.
- It also has an optimized wind flow design.
- This comes with a 1-year warranty on the entire product.
- It also has a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- It works fairly well in the energy-saving area.
- The rotary compressor ensures minimum power consumption but still gives you a good amount of cooling.
- The multi-bend heat exchangers increase the heat exchange surface area, and they thus help in improving efficiency.
- The High-efficiency design allows the machine to perform brilliantly and at its best.
- The optimized wind flow design helps the air flow smoothly and makes sure that the noise down is reduced to a minimum.
- It is comparatively silent while working.
- It is not very expensive.
- It does not have batteries inclusive.
- It has the R-22 refrigerant, which is HCFC, and causes depletion in the Ozone layer.
7. Carrier 18K Estrella Premium Window AC
This Carrier Ac is a bit heavy to install, but it comes with an equally heavy amount of features. This one is elegantly designed with a white body to ensure that your room is filled with fresh, cool, and breezy air. This item makes sure that all the dirt and dust particles are gotten rid of for good, and your room has a pleasant and fresh air.
- The window AC has a 1.5-ton capacity.
- It has an Energy Rating of 5 Star
- It comes with an energy-saving function.
- The product has a 4-in-1 Filter, which consists of a dust filter, an electrostatic filter, a carbon filter, and zeolite.
- The noise level is 52 dB.
- The wattage is 1560 watts.
- The voltage is 230 volts.
- The AC comes with an Auto Restart function.
- The AC comes with settings such as dry mode, sleep mode, on and off timer, which can be customized as per one’s needs.
- It has a NexGen Dehumidifier.
- The dimensions of the product are 66 x 77.5 x 43 cm.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product.
- It has a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
- The Energy-saving function shuts off the fan motor whenever the compressor is switched off, which helps in conserving energy.
- The Advanced 4 in 1 Filter removes dust, pollen, gases, odor, as well as germs and bacteria.
- The Exhaust Command makes sure that the room is regularly supplied with clean and fresh air.
- The Auto Restart function helps in sleeping peacefully without any interruptions in case of a power cut, and it also restarts on the previous setting.
- As soon as the sleep mode is activated, the AC automatically adjusts the temperature of the room based on the body’s temperature and thus saves a lot of energy.
- The NexGen Dehumidifier helps in reducing the level of humidity in a room and proves to be a blessing in disguise, especially in the summers.
- The five-layer coating of the Ac, which is found on the exterior and interior, helps increase the durability of the product, also ensuring that it remains rust-free.
- The installation process is slightly tedious.
- This product is on the more expensive end.
- It makes an annoying fan noise sometimes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to leave window AC on all day?
If you want your Window AC unit on all day, it costs you more. Also, the energy consumed will be more. So, to save energy, it is always advisable not to leave the window AC on all day.
2. How long does a window AC unit last?
It entirely depends on the usage and maintenance of the AC unit. However, every AC unit has its life span. On average, most of the window AC unit can work for ten consecutive years, and it may differ entirely depending on how long you use the AC daily.
3. Can Window AC cool entire house?
Window AC units can not cool your entire home. They provide cooling to the specified room. For the whole of the house to cool, you need to install additional units. Installing other units is a cost-effective process.
4. Can you use a window AC unit inside the house?
Window AC units are meant to use in windows and can not be used indoors or inside. Also, if you forcible run the window AC unit inside then, it generates heat and increases the humidity.
5. Which is the best window ac brand?
The best brands for Window AC are Voltas, Carrier, Hitachi, Bluestar, Whirlpool, etc.
6. What is the life of window ac?
Most Window air conditioners have an average life span of 10 years. However, this may differ based on its usage and maintenance.
7. What are the advantages of window ac?
The advantages of a window AC are:
- They are energy efficient.
- Easy to install.
- It requires less space as compared to split AC.
- They are affordable options.
8. Which is the most quiet window ac unit?
The above information is provided by us to make sure that we help you pick a product which is tasteful and suitable for your needs. It is very necessary, as a customer, to purchase the right product without having any regrets. This can be achieved by checking if the product fits your budget and is worth the price. We hope that the guide helps you pick a perfect AC and saves you from the great Indian summer. However, if I was asked to suggest, then I would go with Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC or Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC.