Best 10 Ab Benches
Acquiring those heart-throbbing and jaw-dropping six-pack abs requires a dogged will-power, unrelenting perseverance, and high-quality ab-benches. Ab benches are designed specifically for attaining toned abdominal muscles and sculpted midsection.
Working with ab benches strengthens your body core including abs, lower back, hips, etc. These flexible and adjustable benches allow you to practice different positions and adjust your difficulty levels for gradual progression.
You can maximize your ab bench by performing various exercises including Russian twist, trunk extensions, leg lifts, push-ups, decline chest-press, etc.
Are you skipping your workout routine? But why? You don’t have to be an athlete to work out. A workout is simply meant to keep you fit and healthy. That’s the aim. There are many exercises you can do at home like or ab bench.
To provide you with the complete understanding of these benches, we have included how the benches work, types, advantages, how to get the most from these benches, buying guide, FAQs and the top 10 Best ab benches.
Top 10 Ab Benches in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Adjustable Multi Use Bench
Long lasting built quality
Best for core workout
Stylish and comfortable
How To Use an Ab Bench?
You can use equipment like pull up bars, exercise ball to strengthen your core, but an ab bench allows you to perform multiple exercises in addition to the core workout. Here are a few exercises that you can perform on an ab bench.
Step 1: You need to set the angle of the bench according to how fit you are. If you are just starting, then set the angle near the bottom, whereas you can make the angle steeper if you are a professional.
Step 2: Next, you need to lie on the bench with your back. Secure your feet under the pads at the top of the bench. Then place your arm across your chest or behind your head.
However, you should not have your hand clasped behind your head. Place the hand gently towards your ears so that you do not yank on your neck in the course of the exercise.
Step 3: Press your back into the bench. Ensure that your back is not lifted from the bench at any point in time.
Step 4: Whenever you crunch up, make sure to exhale, as well as lifting your shoulders off the bench. You should stay up in the crunch for about two counts.
Step 5: As you lower yourself back, you can exhale. However, you should make sure that your upper half does not fall back on to the bench. You also need to control the lifting and downward phase of the exercise.
Twisting decline crunch
Step 1: Make sure your feet are secured under the pads as you position yourself on the bench. Cross your hands on the chest.
Step 2: As you pull your shoulders off the bench, exhale gently. When you crunch, make it more intense by twisting your torso to the right so your left shoulder points to the right knee.
Step 3: Sustain the top of the crunch for about two counts. Then lower yourself back into the bench, gently.
Step 4: Repeat the crunch, this time twisting your right shoulder to the left knee. Sustain the crunch for about two counts. Go back to the starting position. Continue the crunches by alternating sides.
NOTE: You should note that exhalation is when you crunch up, while inhalation is when you crunch down. Make sure that your lower back is pressed against the bench all the time.
This exercise gives strength to your erector spinae and helps you extend your back and bring stability to your spine.
To perform this exercise, lie down on the stomach, while you bend your knees around the end of the bench. Place your hand behind your head, then lift your upper body off the bench.
You should sustain this rise for about two counts before lowering back gently.
This exercise is to strengthen the muscles on the sides of your stomach. These muscles aid you with flexing, side bending, and the rotation of the trunk.
Fasten your knees against the end of the bench, while you lay on your back. Then lock your hands behind your head and do a sit up. When you do this, rotate your right hand toward the left knee.
Hold for about two counts, straighten your body, and lower it back down into the bench. Repeat this with your left arm towards the opposite knee.
Decline chest press
This exercise is aimed at activating your pectoralis major. This is the bulkiest muscle in the chest. It provides stability needed to the front part of your shoulder joint.
You can perform this by laying on your back, with your knees held against the rollers of the sit-up bench. With a dumbbell held in each hand, bring your arms out to the same level with your shoulder, then you can bend both elbows to about 90 degrees.
Then extend your elbows to push your body straight up back into the air, and then go back down.
With this exercise, you can strengthen your transversus abdominis. This is a muscle that is located deep in your core, which brings about stability.
Place your head at the top of the sit-up bench, while you have your wrist secured on the end pads. Simultaneous lifting of both legs should follow this until they make an angle of 90 degrees, inclined against your torso.
Hold the legs in this position for about 2 seconds and then bring them down. Ensure that you keep breathing as you carry out the lifts.
Advantages of Using Ab Benches
There are various reasons why you should use the sit-up bench. Here are a few reasons
- It helps to strengthen your core. The core of the body includes abs, hip, and oblique, as well as the lower back and the muscles.
- Doing this exercise can also tighten your abs and tone them. To achieve the best result, you need to follow and control your intake of calories.
- With the ab sit-up bench, you can also try a broad range of exercises and not only abdominal ones. One of the activities that can be done with this bench is the dumbbell bench presses.
- They are adjustable: You can choose an angle that suits you best, and then you work out as you wish. This allows you to take a comfortable position with varying levels of intensity to challenge yourself.
- They are versatile: Ab benches are very versatile as they can be used for various forms of exercises.. You can always adjust the incline of the bench as required for different workouts.
Types of Ab Benches
There are different types of ab benches as explained below:
Adjustable ab bench
This bench can be adjusted to have an incline or be flat. This flexibility allows you to perform many different exercises on the bench
Roma chair abs
The roman chair ab is a bit different from the other sit-up benches. With this bench, you do not need to sit or lie on the bench. All you need to do is to support yourself on arms as you take hold of the hand rests, then you can crunch your leg up.
Folding sit-up bench
This helps you save space if you are buying a bench for your home. You can store it easily when not in use, as it does not take up too much space.
Curved abs bench
As the name suggests, it has a slight curve in its design that provides better support to the back than traditional benches.
Incline and decline sit-up benches
This bench type is tilted at an angle, and doing sit upon this bench can be a really tough one. This bench makes it possible for you to do sit-ups both ways – decline or incline positions.
Buying Guide for Ab Bench
Before purchasing the ab bench for your gym, some factors need to be considered, which are listed as;
Before purchasing, you need to consider the maximum weight that the bench can support. If you intend to lift weights on the bench, you should add it to your weight and ensure that the bench can support considerable more weight.
One other factor you need to consider when buying the ab bench is the length of the pad. For someone taller than average, getting an adjustable ab bench would be a really good idea. You would not want your legs to dangle outside because the bench is not long enough.
Before making your purchase, you should ensure that the product you are picking has a size that would suffice for the users. When crunching or doing other exercises, the back needs to be firmly supported, and this cannot be achieved on a small sized bench.
You should get a bench that can allow for different levels of difficulty in your crunches and other exercises it is used for.
The rollers and board upholsteries
If the cushioning of the board is too thin, it would be very uncomfortable for your back to carry out the various exercises. You should ensure that the backrest of the bench you are getting should be a minimum of 2 inches of upholstery.
The quality of the material used in building the bench also matters. The material needs to be of a decent quality to be able to support persons of various weight. You don’t want a bench that would collapse after use, once or twice.
1. Ozoy Six Pack Abs Exerciser
If you have want to be fit but cannot give much time to go to the gym, Ozoy Six Pack Abs Exerciser is a great piece of equipment for your home. You can exercise and tone your muscles, arms, chest, and core.
It is adjustable and can be folded, thus occupying very little space for storage. Let us have a look at the features of this product.
- This ab bench is suitable for all types of workout and perfect for those who have a back problem.
- This is a 10-in-1 bench which includes arm straps and headrests. It also comes along with 2 resistance straps and 6 resistance springs with adjustable length for better abdomen support for both men and women.
- It is a multi-purpose product that you can use to perform a variety of exercises.
- The bench is properly cushioned and has a very comfortable massaging back support.
- You can effectively train the upper body and abs by using this for push-ups. The central handles can be used for push-ups.
- The rowing exercise is the best workout for your whole body. The rowing bands are great for biceps. It can easily tone and strengthen your chest, arms, back, and abdomen.
- It is designed in a way that it can provide a 180-degree range of motion. It offers adjustable resistance levels.
- The foldable design of this bench occupies very little space.
- Not recommended for hardcore gym freaks.
2. Dolphy foldable sit up bench – Our Pick
With this bench, you have a safe and convenient way to reach your fitness goals at your home. It has a very compact design and can be easily stored. You can adjust the height to vary the intensity of exercises
It features a curved plate that supports your lower back, thereby preventing pain. While exercising with this bench, the foot foam can be extended if you have long legs.
The cushion provides comfort for your spine, so you can exercise efficiently. It is fitted with non-slip foams that have padded handles, which secures your ankles and legs..
- It is made of high-quality steel.
- It uses thick PU leather for cushioning.
- The foam filling is made spongy and comfortable material.
- You can save space by simply folding it when not in use.
- You can perform various exercises on it.
- It is not very comfortable.
3. Egymcom multi-workout sit up bench – Easy Setup
Made to stand out with its brilliant design, this is the ab bench that instantly catches your eye. With this bench, you can enjoy a seamless and comfortable session of workout on your abdominal muscles.
It is very sturdy and easy to set up. It comes with padding for your ankles and knees. The small size makes it a good choice if you have limited space.
- It is comparatively smaller than standard benches.
- It comes with extra padding for the knee and ankle.
- The bench can be quickly set up anywhere you want.
- It has a very sturdy build.
- It can fit in very small space
- The padding might not be enough for your leg.
4. Adidas Essential Ab Board – Durable built
This thickly padded bench from Adidas is made with durable stitched vinyl upholstery. It features a 7-degree decline sit up, 5-position adjustable foam rollers, as well as adjustable thigh support.
It has a heavy-duty steel frame construction, and easy to reach extended hand grips. This bench is equipped with pivoting foam rollers that holds your lower leg in place for hyperextension exercises. It also keeps your feet in place for crunches.
This bench is made of high-density foam pads, which adds comfort and support. It has non-slip rubber caps on the legs that prevent scratches on the floor.
It features thick padding on the bench and high-density foam layered on the rollers, to ensure that you are comfortable during work out sessions.
- It is made of durable stitched vinyl upholstery.
- It can be adjusted to five different levels.
- The frame is made of heavy-duty steel.
- Storing is convenient thanks to the foldable design.
- It can be easily set up and stored
- It saves space
- It is not very effective with the hyperextension workouts.
5. Propel Multipurpose Bench – Adjustable Multi Use Bench
This bench takes the form of a small decline weight bench. It features pads that can be used to hold your feet in place at the top. You can always adjust the abdominal benches to suit your needs.
It also features a very steep decline, which in turn makes crunches more difficult. With this bench, you can work your entire midsection, including the rectus abdominis – which is the main abdominal muscle. The oblique of your midsection can also being worked on.
- It is adjustable and thus useful for various exercises.
- It comes with some tools to adjust the incline and structure.
- It has a very good build quality.
- It is well coated and made of strong iron.
- It saves a great deal of space, which makes it good for a personal gym.
- It has a really decent paint finish.
- The upholstery is not great.
6. Cosco Multifunctional bench – Long lasting built quality
This bench is good for your full-body exercise, and when used regularly, you can maintain perfect fitness. This bench is all you need, as it is multifunctional and can be used to carry out various forms of incline and decline exercises.
You can also use this bench for strengthening your arm and legs. The presence of the foam-supported enhancements are meant to provide efficiency and performance.
The PVC layer with foam filling is used to prevent it from being slippery, as well as a layered coating to prevent it from corroding.
- It is well cushioned for good support while performing exercises.
- The presence of leg foam support makes sure that your legs do not experience any fatigue.
- You can adjust the height manually.
- It has a very nice and sturdy design.
- The frame structure is made from steel for long durability.
- No negative points observed so far.
7. Lifeline Abdominal Bench Machine – Best for core workout
This is the perfect ab bench you need to get things going. It is built specially to serve your various functions. This gym sit-up bench is made of heavy steel, as it provides maximum support to your core workouts.
It is a multi-exercise bench that comes with various levels in which you can carry out various sit-ups and other exercises. It is of high-density foam pad-high density foam, with padding that provides great comfort to users, as well as support and stability, thereby increasing your overall experience after the work-out.
The package comes with an installation manual that can be used in assembling the product with ease. You don’t need any technician to help with that. It also features an adjustable pad and foams that help secure your leg and ankles better.
- It is made of heavy steel tubes
- It is multi-level and can afford various forms of exercise.
- It comes with a high-density foam padding.
- The foam and pad are adjustable.
- It is made of very high quality.
- Its sturdy.
- It is not foldable.
8. Sporto Fitness Adjustable decline bench – User Friendly
This ab bench is designed to be user friendly, with an adjustable decline bench. It is ideal for defining and toning the entire abdominal section, as well as other areas of your body.
It is freestanding and constructed with steel, and the frame is securely padded. This product is multifunctional gym equipment that is perfect for your back, your abs, and also if you want to work out your arms.
Whether you want to use it in the home or for commercial purposes, it is good to go.
- The bench is adjustable for various exercises.
- It has a strong and durable frame.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- It is not sturdy enough.
9. Allyson Fitness Adjustable Incline, Decline, and Flat Bench
Allyson Fitness adjustable flat bench is designed for providing exceptional ab workouts. It is ideally suitable for ab fitness workouts in your home gym as well as fitness centers. It is a multi-purpose fitness exercise gym workout bench that is tested for strength training.
It has a sturdy and durable construction that enables you to practice various popular workouts including incline press, decline press, intense dumbbell press, and all other abdominal workouts.
- This ab-bench is prepared from high quality and heavy-duty steel for enhanced strength and durability.
- It features thickened layer foam padding over the leather board. This high-quality density foam provides comfortable and pleasurable fitness routines.
- It adds to your gym décor with its box black and red color combination.
- It features a high-quality rust-free powder coated frame that is chemically treated for ensuring a long-lasting life
- It is an easy to assemble fitness bench that is equally suitable for performing beginners as well as advanced level commercial workouts.
- Its foldable design ensures that you can easily store it in a compact space when it is not in use.
- It adds superior strength to the complete abdominal section which helps in acquiring six-pack abs.
- It comes with a solid mechanical design with an anti-skid surface that restricts your movements during the exercise.
- This ab-bench comes with multiple adjustments that enable you to work on varied muscle groups.
- You can make gradual progress by adjusting difficulty levels as per your preferences.
- Although it is great for your shoulders, biceps, and abs; it does not provide enough workout for your legs.
10. BodyFit BFSITUP sit-up bench – Our Pick
The BodyFit bench is all you need to get the perfect abs and keep you fit. It provides different adjustment levels, with a seat length of 42 inches and a width of 12 inches. It can be used for a host of different exercises to work out various parts of your body.
- The length is adjustable.
- It uses a premium blend material with a smooth finish.
- It is quite affordable.
- It is very easy to set up.
- The frame picks up rust over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is home sit up bench different from gym sit up bench?
No, home sit-up benches are the same as the gym sit up bench. There are a lot of different varieties of benches available. You can buy a product with multiple adjustable modes and resistance levels that matches your needs.
2. How do I warm-up before using the ab bench?
If you are going to be doing any core exercise, you must warm-up at the beginning. You should spend about 5 – 10 minutes doing warm-ups and other stretching exercises.
You can also do some light jogging, standing torso rotations, shoulder rotations and other exercises.
3. How do I get the most out of the ab bench?
Firstly, you need to understand that you can only work your core muscles efficiently only if the exercises are done perfectly. If you are a beginner, you need to learn the differences between various motions.
If you are not feeling your abdominal muscles doing any work while you work out, then there is a high probability that you are doing it wrong. So it is best to consult a trainer.
4. How long should my routines on the bench be?
In the case of exercising, it is not about ‘’how far’’, but about ‘’how well?”. If workouts are done incorrectly, no matter how long they are done, it would never yield any result.
The duration of time you spend on your workout should be dependent on your goal.
Designed specifically for performing sit-ups, the ab benches provide the ultimate workout for your abs. With its adjustable levels, you can also perform other non-abdominal fitness exercises with different levels of difficulty.
These ab-benches come with padded backs that reduce the risks of injuries and provide a safety cushion. Getting yourself well-designed ab-benches can make a significant difference in your journey towards attaining six-pack abs and athletic fitness.